Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For the one and only.... KaytayRoall!

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I knew you'd had fun playing Gabriella! LOVED her story! A seasonal park lot! Too cool.
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    @Shannen No need to apologize! I hope your game is back up and running okay now.

Gabriella Vinetwist looks so fun and I love how you introduced her! She's so cute with her pointed ears and those big, expressive eyes! I can't wait to get her in my game and see where her story goes next! :D Hmmm... I wonder if I'll be able to get my hands on a certain handsome plantsim for her to have a reunion with. ;) The funny thing is, as I started reading her story, I right away pictured her being with a plantsim, I don't know why. When I got to the picture with Shea, I was so surprised!

Hawthorne Seasonal Playground looks terrific and I'm sure it will provide my sims (and me!) hours of fun, exploring it during each season! I can't believe you fit a festival grounds on such a small lot and I love how much there is for younger sims to do there! It will probably become a favorite for my child sims to go play at after school.

Hmmm... a sneak peek within the picture?! *goes back to re-examine the picture* Unless the other gift is one of the sims in the park, I don't know!

...and I think I might have and exclamation point problem... !!! Seriously, proofreading this and nearly ever sentence ends with one :p I tried to find some to change to periods, but I just can't. Every bit of awesome about these gifts deserves and exclamation point!
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    I love the pic you took of Gabriella when you uploaded her! She looks a little mischievous. Nice job!

You really did a good job on your seasonal park! I studied the picture and even _I_ can't seem to pick out what you sneakily gifted @Kaytay. :D
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Gabriella is adorable! I didn't realize how much that hairstyle flattered the fairy ears til now, either, lol. The Hawthorne Seasonal Playground looks like tons of fun! And with it being seasonal, it will keep being fun all year long! :)
  • Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    @SjappielovePaul Aww thankyou, it wasn't as intimating once @cmbaker16 had talked me through the first part and answered my questions.

@tanubanue I thought you would get a kick out of that. :)

@Ciane Thankyou and yes, you did know :)

@KaytayRoall It's actually funny that you say that about the plantsim, I originally had no idea where her story would lead her..I didn't prepare and just let things happen and she was at the iced over pond during snowflake day when he just popped out of the ground and the moment I saw him, I had a feeling that he should be in the story. So, I suppose it's just one of occurrences that have to happen because of fate's interference.

I'm really glad that you like the seasonal lot, I honestly wasn't really sure if it was something you needed but I know that EA lots haven't really dabbled in playgrounds so I thought I would have a go. :) Oh yeah, I know..I think it all works fine since I asked Tanu to check the lot for me and she said it was all good. If there is any issues though, please let me know and I will fix it for you. :)

As for guessing the next gift.. well you might be right.. we shall have to see in a short while when I upload. I did want to do it last night but hmm my engery bar drained pretty quickly and I went from green to red in less than an hour..I kid you not.

@Bookworm742 Awww, thankyou :) Yeah, that hairstyle is one of my favourites. :)
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Grace might be evil, but I'll bet she's a hoot to play! And Cadwell..... awwwwwww, too much cuteness in one little kitty. Don't sell yourself short there, @Shannen! You did a great job on Roall Lodge! The rustic look to it.... the popping of colors.... _I_ like it, and it wasn't even built for me!

All of your gifts have now been rec'd and favorited!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    @MsPrissy88 Aww thankyou :)
  • Options
    Grace is a lovely and fascinating sim. I don't usually play evil sims, but it will be fun to try something different. :D As for Cadwell... KITTEN!! <3 So much cute...

I think you did a fantastic job on Roall Lodge! I love all the greenery and foliage. The warm tones, especially with the splashes of blue in the bathroom are beautiful. Those stairs down to the pond are super clever, too! I can't wait to get this in game and explore it more thoroughly!

Now that I'm done with my own gifting, I'm hoping to have some time to play with all my wonderful new gifts tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    :) Why am I not surprised that you made an evil witch and a cute little kitten?! Great lodge. Really nice stone work. I like!
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Gorgeous landscaping around Roall lodge! And I do think you're a good builder, the lodge looks very nice I think :)

Grace and Cadwell look like a great combination :) Grace looks like she's secretly the cutest Sim ever and Cadwell looks very proud hihi! Love them!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    @Shannen

Lots of amazing gifts here!

Hawthorne Seasonal Playground looks like a really fun place to visit :) (also, Hawthorne is one of my favourite names, hehe!)

Gabriella is a beautiful fairy (fairy! <3) I love the interesting mix of traits that she has :) Definitely swiping her (I've never played a photographer before!)

Grace looks like a fun, albeit potentially dangerous sim :wink: I was just speaking to my sister today about how much I wanted to play with a witch again, so I think she and her adorable familiar will be making their way into my game!

And Roall Lodge is such a wonderful, cozy looking home! I am jealous of the sims that get to live there! :wink: Looks like the perfect place to curl up in snowy weather! And I especially love the garden; very nicely landscaped!

Rec'd! :)
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @Shannen - gorge Sims and pets; and your lots are lovely too - wRECked x
  • Options
    @KaytayRoall I hope Grace is fun for you to play, if you don't enjoy the trait then you can change her traits if you have mc. :) I'm glad you liked Roall Lodge, I was very worried about that because it's not really a style that I've ever build before but I thought it would be fun. Oh, yeah I love the garden area with the stairs, I actually adore pond stairs ever since I saw one on google images. :)

@Ciane Oh haha! I honestly have no idea.. maybe because it's expected of me? :)

@SjappielovePaul Awww thankyou, you say the sweetest things. Perhaps Grace could be the sweetest sim..I think Cadwell could turn her good.

@XxHannelorexX Hawthorne is one of my favourite names too. :) I hope that Gabriella makes your game that little bit more fun for you :) I hope that Grace and Cadwell settle nicely into your game also, I would see her being friends with Titania..the two of them cackling as they watch some poor sim being munched on haha Thankyou ;)

@aricarai Thankyou so much :)
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited June 2016
    @KaytayRoall

Kay ~ You may have thought that you've gotten all of Shannens gifts but actually there is one more

Shannen approached me awhile ago and said that she really really wanted you to have a Wedding Venue but that her muse really wasn't helping her with this one at all. So she tapped my muse on the shoulder and said "Kay really wants a wedding venue more than anything and she needs to have one." Well when she said that I offered to help. We talked about different ideas and what you may like. We also wanted to give you the choice of an indoor traditional Church wedding or an outdoor wedding under the sun or stars. She also wanted it to have a tropical like feel but be versatile enough to fit in other worlds as well.

I then sent the lot to Shannen and she took the pictures and emailed them to me to use in the presentation. Also you may recognize it from the wedding picture in your last gift <3 And some familiar faces are showing off the place as James and Olivia chose this venue :) She also named the venue and I must say I think it's the perfect name! So with that let me present to you ~

Entwined Palms Wedding Venue ~

Download Link ~ http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8919347

Screenshot-19_zps5dmjgpjo.jpg

Olivia had a private bathroom and brides room in which to get ready ~

Screenshot-24_zpssx4dobuw.jpg

Screenshot-18_zpsvps3kmzx.jpg

At first they had considered a Church wedding with a beautiful piece being played on the piano ~

Screenshot-26_zps10mt2syl.jpg

Screenshot-25_zpsg86kknae.jpg

But when they saw the outdoor arch they just knew that that should be where they would exchange their vows !

Screenshot-21_zps1z6oyyiy.jpg

Screenshot-11_zpswlbxtj9k.jpg

Screenshot-12_zpswjgfz5wa.jpg

After the vows are exchanged it's time to head to the reception hall where it's time to take off those shoes and party! (Ok I may have done that at my rl wedding :) )

Screenshot-16_zpsp33rkclf.jpg

You may notice that the hall is ready for someone who likes blue :) ~

Screenshot-22_zpsthmdqjwz.jpg

Hehehe ~

Screenshot-14_zps4mbmwxpt.jpg

Screenshot-13_zpscjcaffj3.jpg

And before you know it the lights are going down ~ The two on each side of the dance floor are set as heart bubbles and the one above is set as hearts as well. Also there is a chocolate fountain that will need to be filled ~

Screenshot-43_zpssbvy9cpc.jpg

James and Olivia stop by the pond on their way out to take a moment to reflect on their perfect day ~

Screenshot-27_zpshjm61bi0.jpg

We wish you a happy, healthy, love filled amazing life! Congratulations James and Olivia!! <3

I really hope you enjoy this lot. It is on a 40 x 40 lot. CC free and Custard checked.
  • Options
    Wow @tanubanue and @Shannen you two are a great team I guess! I've once tried to do a wedding venue, but this one is soo much more complete.. I'm stunned :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    Also @Shannen Cadwell can do anything ;)
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    Wow @tanubanue and @Shannen you two are a great team I guess! I've once tried to do a wedding venue, but this one is soo much more complete.. I'm stunned :)

Awww thanks :)
  • Options
    Also @Shannen Cadwell can do anything ;)

Lol Yes he can! Do you play ESO too?
  • Options
    There's more?!? :o *jaw drops*

@Shannen James and Olivia are indeed the perfect couple! <3 Their story is so sweet. I love Olivia's scale colors, too! They're so pretty and unique. And James is a real looker. I'm looking forward to seeing their kids! Also Entwined Palms is the perfect name for the wedding venue! Thank you so much, buddy! You have well and truly spoiled me this exchange. I don't even know where to start playing with all my wonderful new toys! :D

@tanubanue Thank you for helping Shannen spoil me rotten! The Entwined Palms Wedding Venue is gorgeous! I love that it has both indoor and outdoor options. <3 I love outdoor weddings, but my sims have a bad habit of getting married during winter, so an indoor option helps a lot! The colors throughout are beautiful, although of course, I especially like the reception hall. And that is such a clever way of using the stage lights from showtime! I can't wait to get this in my game to explore it more thoroughly.

I do have a question for both of you. Would you be okay with me using the gifts you've given me in my challenge/story? I would, of course, give credit to the creator when they appeared, but I want to make sure that you're alright with it first. :) Either way, you've given me so many wonderful new additions to my game, I can't thank you enough. I hope you don't mind each getting a *big hug*.
  • Options
    @KaytayRoall

I'm so happy you like the venue :) It was fun to put together for you. You are so very welcome! Don't forget to set the lights when you place it and if you want the chocolate fountain fill that too. I sometimes leave it empty if sims won't leave it alone lol

Yes you can use the venue however you want to as it is now yours :p Are you kidding I Love hugs! <3
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @KaytayRoall You are very welcome Kaytay, thankyou for writing such an inspiring letter. I had so much fun :) As for your question, I made those for you..so they are yours to use however you wish to. I have to say, I'm honoured that you would show them in your story..that makes me happy. As for the hug.. *big hugs* <3

@tanubanue Thankyou for helping me with spoiling Kaytay, you know my thoughts on the venue so I won't repeat myself..instead I will say that i'll try not to be so stubborn in the future.. <3

@SjappielovePaul Cadwell really can.. ;)
    Post edited by Shannen on
  • Options
    pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    Oh my, so many cute animals! <3 I love Gabriella's name, and she seems like a really fun Sim to play with! I also love that you made a seasonal playground - that's going to be so much fun to explore.

And ANOTHER cute animal! I'm so in love with Cadwell<3 She and Grace make such a fun duo.
    Roall Lodge is amazing! That backyard is so, so gorgeous :open_mouth:
    James and Olivia are an adorable couple <3
    REC'd!
  • Options
    Naah, I've read about it though @tanubanue
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options

Oh ok I love it lol
  • Options
    tanubanue wrote: »

Oh ok I love it lol

Maybe I should read a little more about it then/than (huh, too late for grammar...) o:)
    pkJ66Kv.png