Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For the one and only.... KaytayRoall!

ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
edited May 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Hey @KaytayRoall :)

I am a little nervous so please bear with me. :) Words cannot express how happy I was when @tanubanue revealed that I would be gifting for you. :) When I looked over your letter, I was instantly coming up with so many ideas that in the end, I had to settle for only some of my favourite ideas and hopefully you will enjoy your gifts as much as I have enjoyed making them for you.
As you can see from the many posts that I have made that I have a quite few gifts for you but sadly time was not on my side and so, I will be gifting over the next couple of days. I really wanted to get something uploaded for you today though and so I have chosen to present you with one of the smaller gifts.

Gift One: Shiro Kitsune <3

Shiro1.jpg

Shiro Kitsune was on a very important hunt, a hunt that would start one very snowy morning.

Shiro2.jpg

Almost buried in snow and shivering slightly due to the snow fall, Shiro began the long track. Shiro knew that once he had caught his prey, it would be worth getting cold and wet for.. because after all, he was a proud hunter and hunters do not take snow days.

Shiro3.jpg

For hours Shiro had travelled with hopes of finding the prefect hunt, sure he fount a squeaky bone here and there but after searching for many hours he had finally fount what he had been searching for.

Shiro4.jpg

Shiro was happy, the hunt had really paid off. His fur was still wet and cold from the snow but Shiro didn't mind because he was too busy playing with his new toy

Shiro5.jpg

Shiro could not have been happier and as he lay on his back clutching his new toy, he was feeling hopeful that maybe someday a sim would find him the way that he fount his toy because after all, Love doesn't take snow days.

Post edited by Shannen on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Hey @KaytayRoall :) I have another little gift for you, I promise that the next gift will be bigger. The reason why I'm gifting this gift now and not later is because it's something that I think you might need this in your life sooner rather than later and because I don't have pictures of any of the bigger gifts just yet *Blushes* but I wanted you to log in today and fin a new gift waiting for you.

Gift Two: Starla Flutterby <3

6.jpg

Starla Flutterby wasn't like the other horses, she knew she was special. It wasn't that she was a unicorn that had actually made her special and it wasn't the butterfly marking that covered her face either. Although, I suppose that did contribute, what actually made Starla special was her personality and her photogenic talent. (Or so, she's been told...countless times.)

7.jpg

Yes, Starla was very special whenever she was caught smiling at the camera.

8.jpg

Which Starla did quiet often, especially when she was kicking her legs in the air and nay'ing.

9.jpg

But underneath the pretty smiles and her clueless, friendly personality, is a shy little foal who was terribly lonely and in search of a loving home.

10.jpg

I know..I know, I need to stop with the sad tales but I'm merely a pawn in all of this..I don't have the power to change their fate. So accept this extra picture as an apology..oh and hmm her fur colour is a tricky one..I would say she looks more like a mushroom colour..but in some lighting she looks more like a steel grey so I'm not actually 100% in the shade.

Starla Flutterby - Shy, Clueless and Friendly. I also noticed that she's got a fourth trait - Noisy (Trained) I'm not sure how that happened so it may or may not transfer into your game but I wanted to let you know...just in case. I don't play pets very often.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @KaytayRoall So sorry for the late posting, I really wanted this up earlier but Sims 3 wanted to give me grief. Anyways, on to your next gift. :)

Gift Three: Gabriella Vinetwist <3

1.jpg

Gabriella Vinetwist had always had dreams, some realistic and some not so realistic but she had always been a dreamer. The one dream that had always seemed to haunt Gabriella was her dream of going to university to study the fine arts of Photography. It had been a dream that had consumed pretty much most of her life. Gabrielle thought of Photography as such a timeless masterpiece, one that could capture not only expression within the lens but also the emotion, she had been somewhat enthralled when she stumbled across a stack of photographs as a child and now as a young adult, Gabrielle was just that one step closer to living her dream.

2.jpg

Although Gabriella was fascinated with Photography, she also enjoyed art, horse riding and playing the violin.

3.jpg

After a couple of days of settling into the dorm at the university, Gabriella was required to visit the student admission hall. Once she had introduced herself to the professors, Gabriella began to show her rebellious side by trying to get free treats out of the vending machine but unfortunately for Gabriella, the only thing that she managed to receive free of charge from the vending machine, was a couple of bruises.

4.jpg

During her time at University, Gabriella had come to the realisation that she was suffering from chronic boredom, to the point that she was almost certain that at any moment the grim reaper would show up and she would be forced to spend the rest of eternity enduring the same boring speech that she was currently being forced to listen to. What did Tragic Clown Sunny have to do with the fine arts anyways?

5.jpg

To mark the end of summer, a hotdog eating contest was hosted at in the local playground for the students.

6.jpg

Once her stomach had settled from eating so many hotdogs, Gabriella decided to try out military boot camp workout video that she had been gifted for Snowflake day and had never used it. However, after about 10 minutes of exercise, Gabriella fell back on the sofa and moaned that she had the fitness level of a caterpillar.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    7.jpg

The next couple of months passed rather uneventfully and although it was still rather chilly outside, Love day was soon approaching and Gabriella was very nervous about sending Love letter to Shea. You see, over the last couple of months, Gabriella had fount that she rather liked her friend Shea, he was funny, sweet and very handsome.

8.jpg

Love day had truly been lovely for Gabriella, it had all started that very morning with Shea requesting a date. They had spent the entire day together and it had been perfect, they had chosen to visit the park where they had met some months earlier and although Gabriella's first kiss took place upon the hill over looking the small forest, it was even more perfect than she could of ever imagined.

9.jpg

Soon enough spring had arrived and although Gabriella was excited to take part in the freezer bunny festival, she was a little preoccupied with her latest protest. "Stop Tragic Clowns from teaching our students!" This protest had all started when Gabriella had discovered that there was Tragic clowns who was posing as Professor and had been teaching about Sunny the tragic clown to students all around campus, her first lecture had made so much sense after that strange little discovery.

10.jpg

Once the protest was over and had been a complete success, Gabriella took some time to enjoy the festival.

11.jpg

Spring was coming to an end by the time Graduation arrived, sadly her relationship with Shea had ended but they was still very good friends and had promised to visit one another once they had settled back into their own lives.

12.jpg

The End ~ I wonder what will happen to Gabriella now that Uni as ended...?

Gabriella Vinetwist - Artistic, Equestian, Photographers Eye, Rebellious, Virtuoso and Green thumb (Uni trait)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @KaytayRoall As promised, a gift that is a little bigger. You wrote in your letter that would wanted a place for your sims to go, to get them out of the house and so I hope that this next gift will give your sims something to do. :) If you have read the story above, you will have seen already seen sneak peaks of your next gift.

Since I would much rather you experience for yourself than having it spoiled with Photo's (my excuse for the lack of pictures..lol) I will only include two pictures. I know, I know.. I'm an evil fairy, I know this..I also do not deny it. :)

Gift Four: Hawthorne Seasonal Playground <3

P1.jpg

Now as you might have already guessed by the name, this playground is also a seasonal lot. Although in this picture, it's set to common. I thought it would be nice to show you how it looks without all the extras. Also, I would like to say that It's my first time creating a lot like this so I apologise if you find any issues but @tanubanue was kind enough to test the lot and gave it the go ahead and @cmbaker16 was patient enough to give me a crash course in festival lots when I called her one night with the impatience of a two year old and asked her for help..lol So I would like to give a big thanks to both of them. <3

P2.jpg

Now to be honest, I did intend to post more pictures but I've had issues with sims 3 all-day and I wanted you to have your gifts so I've had to grin and bear it and maybe the lack of photos is a good thing because you will get to experience the lot with a little more surprise. :)

Until tomorrow ~ Your buddy!

PS: Also because I'm evil, there is another gift in this picture..a little sneak peak but I wonder if you can spot the gift?!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hey there @KaytayRoall

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to get this gift up yesterday so I am going to treat you to two gifts today. First I would like to introduce you to...

Gift Five: Grace and Cadwell <3

1.jpg

Grace had never much cared for sim company, she was perfectly happy living all alone with nothing but her alchemy table and caldron. Other sims simply annoyed her and due to her slightly evil nature she would rather smite them with her own wand then be forced to endure a afternoon of social interaction.

2.jpg

Grace wasn't all bad though, if anything she was slightly eccentric and would often come talk over her plans with Quack Quack, her trusty rubber ducky.

3.jpg

And although Grace didn't really have many friends, she didn't mind all too much because she a great friend in her kitten Cadwell and for an evil little witch like Grace, all she really needed was her familiar.

Grace - Ambitious, Cat person, Eccentric, Evil, Neat.
    Cadwell - Proud, Hyper and Playful.

(Cadwell was inspired and named after one of my favourite npc's in the Elder Scrolls online, if curious.)

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Hey @KaytayRoall As it turns out, I'm not the greatest builder but I hope you like your next gift. I wanted you to fully explore the lot and so I am only posting a few sneak peaks. :)

Gift Six: Roall Lodge <3

1.jpg

Front view.

2.jpg

Dining Room

3.jpg

Kitchen

4.jpg

Sauna/Bathroom

5.jpg

Portion of the back garden, oh and as you can see the stairs works for fishing but you will need to click the stairs tell the sim to go there and then click to fish.

Hope you enjoy :)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hi @KaytayRoall , So this last gift as probably been the most interesting for me. After countless trait and name changes, I eventually settled on what I think was most perfect for this couple and I hope that you think they
    are perfect too. We nearly had a good vs evil couple but I wasn't sure if you would like another evil sim and so I decided to make this more sweet since the end of the exchange is sad..so I suppose this is a bittersweet ending.

Gift Seven: James and Olivia Swishtail-Lovett <3

1.jpg

Supernatural fan James had never met a mermaid, so you could imagine his surprise when Olivia had introduced herself to him one day when he was looking for corals at the bottom of the ocean.

2.jpg

James and Olivia soon became friends and would meet up every so often to talk about the one thing they had in common, their love for swimming.

3.jpg

Olivia didn't only enjoy swimming, she enjoyed sculpturing and she was pretty good at it as well.

4.jpg

James loved to windsurf when he wasn't swimming but he wasn't very good at it but he didn't mind so much, as long as he was having fun that's all that mattered.

5.jpg

Their friendship quickly turned in to a relationship and on their one year anniversary of the day they met, James put his brave trait into action and asked Olivia to marry him and of course she accepted.

6.jpg
    After many months of searching for the perfect wedding venue, the happy couple tied the knot.

James: Adventurous, Athletic, Brace, Loves to swim, Supernatural fan.
    Olivia: Mermaid - Good, Irresistible, Loves the heat, Loves to swim, Savvy Sculptor

~ As a closing statement, I would like to say that I really enjoyed making gifts for you. I probably didn't stay in the box but I really hope that you don't mind that too much. <3
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Shannen I love these pictures, you are very talented at taking screenshots. :) I really love the first one with his face sticking out the snow and the one where hes chewing on the candy cane chew toy on his back. Downloading Shiro atm, am sure your buddy will love him.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited May 2016
    There is no need for you to be nervous at all @Shannen! :) I'm so thrilled that you are my buddy and that you got so many ideas from my letter! And certainly don't worry about gifting over the next few days. I completely understand how time can turn against you and this just means I get to look forward to each gift! Thank you for staying up so late to get this posted for me!

I fell in love with Shiro as soon as I read his name, "White Fox." :) That first picture of him in snow up to his nose is so cute! He is absolutely adorable and his little story is so sweet! It might be snowy, but it completely melted my <3 . Thank you so much for both the wonderful pet and the joy of his story! I promise he'll find the sim just for him in my game.
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Just as Kaytay said, you melted my heart! I love animals and his story is so adorable! I'm sure he'll find lots of homes with caring simmers!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Well done @Kaytay!! I love your gift to @Shannen.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    :smiley: Little animals are so sweet! Love the way you have presented them.
  • Options
    Well Shannen, I can't believe you don't play much with Pets! You make great pets :) Starla is awesome as well!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @catdog123 Aww Fluffball! You say the nicest things, you will give this one an even bigger ego than this one already has. I really hope Shiro brings your sims happiness. :)

@KaytayRoall Awwww, that makes me happy Kaytay :) I just hope you like all you up coming gifts just as much. :)

@SjappielovePaul Thankyou! I hope so too. Yeah, I don't have the best track record with sim pets..rl pets are fine but the sim ones get neglected..though maybe that's the sims fault and not mine. :)

@MsPrissy88 Thankyou

@ciane Thankyou, that means a lot.

• Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Shiro and Starla are adorable! Starla has the best smiles and Shiro is so cute with his head sticking out the snow and playing with his chew toy!
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    There is no end to the cuteness!! <3 Starla is so sweet, smiling for the camera! I love how her color seems to shift with the light, she's so pretty. And the butterfly mark on her face is very creative and distinctive. I love her! Thank you so much, @Shannen! :smiley: She will definitely be a very special addition to a family!
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Beautiful pets! Really like the coat colors! And such cute pictures!
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited June 2016
    Awwwwwwwww..... I think that's the only word to describe Starla. I love uni's. Rec'd!!
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    @Shannen Shiro and Starla are so cute! <3 I don't know if I can handle this level of adorableness! Rec'd <3
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @cmbaker16 Thanks bestie! :)

@KaytayRoall I'm sure there will be..just not exactly sure when..I do have one little bundle of cuteness waiting to be shown though. Probably my cutest bundle yet but Shiro and Starla are certainly giving the mysterious bundle a run for their simoleons lol :) I've had a little issue with my game but as soon as it's fixed, I will be setting up gift 3 and hopefully gift 4 as well :)

@Bookworm742 Thankyou so much :)

@MsPrissy88 Thankyou :)

@XxHannelorexX Awwww thankyou! :) I think you can handle it, you do live with Misty who's got an high level of adorableness after all :)

• Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    A happy puppy and a sweet baby unicorn, who could ask for more!! They are both adorable :)
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Gabriella is so cute! and she seemed to have had a good uni life. Too bad about her and Shea but at least their still good friends. Can't wait to see what happens next :D
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @Kgaff Thankyou :)

@Cmbaker16 She was a hoot to play and yeah, I won't lie..I did start to ship Gabriella and Shea. Who knows what the future holds, I do know that I wanted her to travel so maybe she will get to do that..or maybe she might just call him up one night after too many zebra fizz's and declare her love for him. I suppose @KaytayRoall will have to keep you updated. I do have some plans for her in my game though..that much, I do know.
  • Options
    Great park! I still haven't figured out how to make seasonals lol, so I'm amazed :)

Also Gabriella looks like great fun to play with! Might've found another steal!
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    I especially like the name Hawthorne ;)o:)