Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 & Windows 10

Hi all, I have a quick question. I'm a click away from purchasing a new laptop which os is windows 10, but wanted to know if Sims 4 was compatible with windows 10. I've read some threads where other simmers were having issues with running Sims 4 on windows 10. If not, are there any fixes for this issue?

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello.
    Sims 4 is compatible with Windows 10. There are many simmers playing the game who have Windows 10.
    It is exciting that you are getting a new laptop! :) You will enjoy Simming on it l
  • IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    @rosemow thank you very much...I'm looking forward to the new adventures with my new laptop :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Hi all, I have a quick question. I'm a click away from purchasing a new laptop which os is windows 10, but wanted to know if Sims 4 was compatible with windows 10. I've read some threads where other simmers were having issues with running Sims 4 on windows 10. If not, are there any fixes for this issue?

It is compatible.. works fine on both my laptop and desktop with windows 10 :)
    Enjoy the new laptop! ;)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• February11February11 Posts: 12,655 Member
    I love my Win 10 laptop. Both TS3 and 4 play well on it.
    Have fun with it :smile:
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • cookiesimmerrrcookiesimmerrr Posts: 159 Member
    I think it runs great on Windows 10! But with a laptop, your game will run slow if you download too much CC, I've learned through experience!
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I think it runs great on Windows 10! But with a laptop, your game will run slow if you download too much CC, I've learned through experience!
    Not if the laptop is suited for gaming.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    @cookiesimmerrr @Simasaurus09 it is a laptop suited for gaming and I'm not a cc fan, I only have Mc command center. But thanks so much for the help.
  • bwarynbwaryn Posts: 13 New Member
    Yup, it's very much compatible.
    *update - so I decided to order the laptop with windows 10 and I should be receiving it within 2 weeks. I had it customized to my preferences with the following specs:
    HP ENVY - 15t Laptop Windows 10 Home 64
    15.6" diagonal Full HD WLED-backlit IPS Display (1920x1080)
    1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
    Intel 802.11ac WLAN and Bluetooth® [2x2]
    SuperMulti DVD burner
    Backlit Keyboard
    HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Dual Digital Microphone, Fingerprint Reader
    3-cell 55.5WHr Lithium-ion Battery
    8GB DDR3L - 1 DIMM
    6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ Processor 

(yes, I know it's not a gaming laptop) I only play the Sims series and I'm a student, so I only needed a laptop for such uses. I have an awesome cooling pad that cooled down my previous overheating laptop. So I know I'll be fine.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    *update - so I decided to order the laptop with windows 10 and I should be receiving it within 2 weeks. I had it customized to my preferences with the following specs:
    1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
    SuperMulti DVD burner
    Backlit Keyboard
    8GB DDR3L - 1 DIMM

(yes, I know it's not a gaming laptop) I only play the Sims series and I'm a student, so I only needed a laptop for such uses. I have an awesome cooling pad that cooled down my previous overheating laptop. So I know I'll be fine.

What is its graphics card?

You need a dedicated card; not a integrated card. :)

Notifying...
    @chesterbigbird
    @phoebebebe13
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
    SuperMulti DVD burner
    Backlit Keyboard
    8GB DDR3L - 1 DIMM

I have a now-older HP Pavillion that, overall, has been the best computer I've ever owned in terms of how well it's help up to the abuse I throw at it :D However, I configured it with the maximum specs for that model at the time.

That being said, though - according to HPs specs for the Envy 15T, the I7-6700 only comes with the Intel HD Graphics 530 - which you are probably going to regret. Intel graphics result in you having the processor also pretending to be a graphics card. While that can work in some situations, there IS a reason that separate graphic cards/chip exist. A cooling pad isn't going to substitute for plain old processing power in a few years when we have several more EPs and the game has been updated and patched a zillion times. These games always get more and more demanding - performance for the game is not going to get better as time goes on.

I would actually cancel the order, if you can - or contact them to see if there is anyway to get the specifications changed. Although upgrading to the 950M graphics will lower the processor to an i7 6500, you'll benefit enormously from having two chips that can each do their own job independently. :)
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2016
    @IceDrizzle27 since I was paged by Colton, I agree with both Colton and Neria. You will have a rough time with the intel card. That laptop will not be able to handle gaming in 1080p resolution and that video card is not made to handle a game like the sims. I would cancel or change the order like Neria advised in above post
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Yeah, the HP envy is not for gaming since it only has an Intel Graphics card. That laptop is only suited for schoolwork and surfing the web, but definitely not TS4.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    Ok, so after much careful review, I realized my mistake....I am able to buy another laptop, but I'm on a $800 budget...help please
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Ok, so after much careful review, I realized my mistake....I am able to buy another laptop, but I'm on a $800 budget...help please

@phoebebebe13 might be able to help. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    edited June 2016

No tax outside CA, NJ and TN $789 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834890015&cm_re=960m-_-34-890-015-_-Product

I should add if you already bought that HP laptop and can't change it, you would be better off with a desktop for this game. Its more powerful than a laptop and cheaper. If you want to go desktop let me know and Ill find you something

No tax outside CA, NJ and TN $789 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834890015&cm_re=960m-_-34-890-015-_-Product

I should add if you already bought that HP laptop and can't change it, you would be better off with a desktop for this game. Its more powerful than a laptop and cheaper. If you want to go desktop let me know and Ill find you something

Thanks, but that link doesn't work. I may have a little more to add to the $800...may extend to $1000.
    edited June 2016

Thanks, but that link doesn't work. I may have a little more to add to the $800...may extend to $1000.

Thats odd the link is working for me. Is your computer blocking it? This is $969 no tax outside CA, TN , NJ and better than the one I posted. This has a better processor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834234041&cm_re=960m-_-34-234-041-_-Product

This is $899 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154111&cm_re=960m-_-34-154-111-_-Product
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I love my HP laptop (4th of long line of buys and not one broke down) but it is much high spec with a 4G Nvidia card & 16G Ram. (I bought on credit but with 0% interest juggling with credit card offers.

It still needs a good cooling system though when playing Sims4.
    Read some reviews & magazines - you might find a good laptop on offer currently.
    So what about the Dell inspiron 15 i7559...the seems pretty alright.

*Although those websites are helpful, I'm looking for laptops that are within my budget and I could get with my employee discount card*
    edited June 2016

*Although those websites are helpful, I'm looking for laptops that are within my budget and I could get with my employee discount card*

It only has 256 gb hard drive space which is small. Its an SSD which you cant defrag but will boot windows quicker than a regular hdd hard drive. It has an i5 processor instead of i7. On laptop you should look at i7 quad over an i5 since i7 is in your budget with laptops I posted. This game is CPU heavy. The game requires an i5 on desktop which is stronger than laptop processor so you want i7 on laptop

also the laptops I posted will have better cooling because they are made to run games like the sims or even heavier games. I own an Asus republic of gamers ( ROG) laptop and I never need cooling pad . Asus and MSI make good gaming computers. Dell is not really a gaming manufacturer so you might have issues with cooling on that dell laptop

edited June 2016

It only has 256 gb hard drive space which is small. Its an SSD which you cant defrag but will boot windows quicker than a regular hdd hard drive. It has an i5 processor instead of i7. On laptop you should look at i7 quad over an i5 since i7 is in your budget with laptops I posted. This game is CPU heavy. The game requires an i5 on desktop which is stronger than laptop processor so you want i7 on laptop

also the laptops I posted will have better cooling because they are made to run games like the sims or even heavier games. I own an Asus republic of gamers ( ROG) laptop and I never need cooling pad . Asus and MSI make good gaming computers. Dell is not really a gaming manufacturer so you might have issues with cooling on that dell laptop

You may have seen the wrong specs...this one is 15.6 in, screen resolution: 1920x1080, processor: 2.6ghz core is 6700hq, 8gm ddr3l sdram, hard drive: 1 TB hybrid HDD + flash cache (what does this mean)? graphics: Nvidia GeForce gtx 960M 4gb gddr5. It's a dedicated card.

You may have seen the wrong specs...this one is 15.6 in, screen resolution: 1920x1080, processor: 2.6ghz core i7 6700hq, 8gm ddr3l sdram, hard drive: 1 TB hybrid HDD + flash cache (what does this mean)? graphics: Nvidia GeForce gtx 960M 4gb gddr5. It's a dedicated card.