Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For my buddy MariTomKaulitZ

KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
edited May 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Surprise @MariTomKaulitZ I am your gifting buddy!! I do hope you enjoy these gifts as much as I enjoyed making them.
I will be starting out with a gift you mentioned wanting in your letter...

Running Water Campground

Running%20Water%2011_zpsqa8jwpjp.jpg

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8915234

http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/KGaff/slideshow/Running Water Campground

Comments

• KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited May 2016
    For gift number 2 we will move from the wooded campground to the sand and surf
    I would like you to have
    Colorful Beach Shack

Decorated in the colors you mentioned in you letter, this beach house is ready for any party you want to throw with a huge deck and pool area.
    When you just want to relax the cozy bedroom overlooks the pool with views of the beach and water.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8915584

Built in Sunlit Tides Well maybe not a shack but it is colorful! This house has color to spare from the aqua and red accents to the yellow and orange in the living spaces. There is a rooftop party area as well as a pool and spa.

Colorful%20Beach%20Shack%2002_zpsmglsoovd.jpg
    Colorful%20Beach%20Shack%2003_zpswefbutph.jpg

More pictures here:
    http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/KGaff/slideshow/Colorful Beach Shack
    This is also available as a barge
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8915585
    Post edited by Kgaff on
    edited June 2016
    Okay are you ready for gift number 3???

In your letter you expressly requested
    "a lot that combines a few different things (a bookstore and cafe in one, for example)."

So I made you exactly that!

Garden Path Books & Angel Cafe

On one side is the Garden Path Bookstore with wonderful selections for young and old alike. On the other side is Angel Cafe ready to tempt your taste buds.

Garden%20Path%20Books%20and%20Angel%20Cafe%2001_zps7pj54apb.jpg

Garden%20Path%20Books%20and%20Angel%20Cafe%2002_zpsf8qcaurp.jpg

Garden%20Path%20Books%20and%20Angel%20Cafe%2008_zpsov2b9uqt.jpg

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8916164

More pictures here: http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/KGaff/slideshow/Garden Path Books and Angel Cafe
    Post edited by Kgaff on
    edited June 2016
    For your fourth gift I decided to make a cottage inspired by a picture I found. It's a little bit fairy tale, a little bit Celtic and a little bit farm. I let myself get carried away a bit and got a little crazy with the wall coverings but I think it came out okay. :)

Marit's Cottage

This is a fairy tale cottage with one bedroom and a large open living area.
    Outdoors is a chicken coop and a pre-planted garden. A large pond fills half of the front yard.

Please note: There are two spawners on this lot, one for butterflies and one for fireflies. There are also two fog emitters in the fountain in the pond.

http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/KGaff/slideshow/Marits Cottage

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8918397

Marits%20Cottage%2001_zpsxk45hzzo.jpg
    Post edited by Kgaff on
    edited June 2016
    Well, that it, that's all I have :) I hope you enjoy these as much as I enjoyed making them for you. I was pleased to have you as my buddy and hope to see you again. Proost!

Post edited by Kgaff on
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    I love this campground Kgaff!!! It's really wonderful and creative! (of course you always are :) )
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited May 2016
    I just DRFed this. I really love the waterfall and the use of the archery set. :) I especially love the terrain paint you used on the waterfall gives it a really nice natural look.
    Siggy_4.jpg
    Glad you like the campground, it was fun to learn how to make a waterfall :)
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    I love the beach shack Kgaff! I really like the flower lights along the deck and the tree as an umbrella :) The colors of it remind me of houses in Bermuda where you'd be hard pressed to find a dull colored home! What do you say we pack up and go find a house like this in the tropics and just relax for a bit? Lol I also really like that it's available as a barge as well. I just love your creations! :)
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Recd again :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    tanubanue wrote: »
    I love the beach shack Kgaff! I really like the flower lights along the deck and the tree as an umbrella :) The colors of it remind me of houses in Bermuda where you'd be hard pressed to find a dull colored home! What do you say we pack up and go find a house like this in the tropics and just relax for a bit? Lol I also really like that it's available as a barge as well. I just love your creations! :)

I'm right there with you! We really don't need to pack too much, just a couple of swimsuits will do! <3
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Great windows and fun ins and outs! I love that you were able to make a party barge version too!
  • Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    Running Water Campground looks so nice! Now I need the learn how to make a waterfall as well :wink: The Beach Shack looks great too. The colors make this house look so cheerful. It gives me an instant summer feeling :blush:
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    I love both your builds the campground is lovely especially love the waterfall! (I've attempted waterfalls but they never seem to turn out right lol)
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    I love both your builds the campground is lovely especially love the waterfall! (I've attempted waterfalls but they never seem to turn out right lol)
    Martje89 wrote: »
    Running Water Campground looks so nice! Now I need the learn how to make a waterfall as well :wink: The Beach Shack looks great too. The colors make this house look so cheerful. It gives me an instant summer feeling :blush:

This is the tutorial I used, I found it very easy to follow and was really happy with results. I did have to go back and forth between build and live mode a few times to make sure the water was "falling" in the right spot.
    http://modthesims.info/t/416248
    Thanks for sharing the link! Doesn't sound too difficult so I'm definitely going to give it a try soon :)
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    Oh my, thank you so much! I am sitting here with a giant smile on my face :smiley: The campground is so amazing! I love the waterfall and the way you used the Bohemian set is just perfect. Definitely a place I would love to camp at, and I'm sure my Sims are going to love it as well!

The Colorful Beach Shack is so tropical and colourful, and it fits Sunlit Tides perfectly. It also seems like there's just no end to all the fun! I'm so amazed by it! It just makes me want to jump into the screen and relax by the pool <3

Aaaah, I really can't wait to explore them in game! I'm gonna have a closer look at everything tomorrow (as it's kind of late here). Again - thanks so much *big hug*
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    The campground looks great! That waterfall is gorgeous!! And you're right...the Colorful Beach Shack is definitely colorful! :lol: Those colors work great in ST, though, and I really love that pool...makes me want to go jump in!
    Oh my, thank you so much! I am sitting here with a giant smile on my face :smiley: The campground is so amazing! I love the waterfall and the way you used the Bohemian set is just perfect. Definitely a place I would love to camp at, and I'm sure my Sims are going to love it as well!

The Colorful Beach Shack is so tropical and colourful, and it fits Sunlit Tides perfectly. It also seems like there's just no end to all the fun! I'm so amazed by it! It just makes me want to jump into the screen and relax by the pool <3

Aaaah, I really can't wait to explore them in game! I'm gonna have a closer look at everything tomorrow (as it's kind of late here). Again - thanks so much *big hug*

Haha @MariTomKaulitZ you're up late as well :# I just can't seem to leave. So much fun and so many wonderful gifts! But I have to... Ok, I really will go now. Welterusten! :blush:
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    @Martje89 Hi! haha, yes, I am. I've only just come home, and all these wonderful gifts are just too exciting! But I should go to bed as well. Good night, welterusten :blush:
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Yay... I win over both of you @Martje89 and @MariTomKaulitZ :') the weather won't let me sleep ;)

Fun to see some more late night Dutchies though lol! Hope you slept well both, goedemorgen alvast :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited June 2016
    OH MY GAWWWWWD!!!! Another amazing gift!

@Kgaff - I am in awe of all 3 gifts. Not only have they all been REC'd, but they have been Favorite(d) as well ! I'm gonna have to save up some RL money so I can have enough points to buy all the kewl things you used. ;) I definitely want that barge in my game!!

Awesome job #thumbsup
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    @Kgaff Neat! Very impressed with your campground; looks like so much fun :)

And your Colorful Beach Shack looks like a great place to live and throw a party :smiley:

Rec'd :)
  • ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    @Kgaff Awww I really like the campground, the waterfall especially and the name is just fitting. :) The colourful beach shack is very cute with just enough colour to make it pop.
    Yay... I win over both of you @Martje89 and @MariTomKaulitZ :') the weather won't let me sleep ;)

Fun to see some more late night Dutchies though lol! Hope you slept well both, goedemorgen alvast :)

Haha @SjappielovePaul In this case I'll gladly let you win lol. :# I'm glad my day at work was very busy so I wasn't really able to feel the lack of sleep. But after dinner it really hit me haha. Still going in game though to work some more on my last gift :smile: I hope you had a wonderful day!

@Kgaff Great job on the Garden Path Books & Angel Cafe! Both the bookstore and cafe look very cosy and the aquarium window is a lovely detail :blush:
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Two great shops! It's nice to add comic books to the book store!