Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gifts for *Kgaff* for the Easing Into Spring Exchange

suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
edited May 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Dear Buddy, @Kgaff. I really enjoyed making these gifts for you, and I hope you'll have fun with them in your game. :) I made them specifically for Hidden Springs, a town I've owned for a while but never really played until now. It's so beautiful - what was I waiting for?

Your first gift:

eb70d21faa4d84ace51a831ec6978803.jpg

Bristlecone Cottage

Screenshot-196.jpg

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8915178

Slideshow: http://s12.photobucket.com/user/suzses/slideshow/Hidden Springs Gifts/Bristlecone Cottage

Things to know:

(1) Just in case you haven't used them, the photos in the rec room are in the digital photo frames. If they don't show up, you just need to "view images" and drag the picture toward or into your sim's inventory and then back in the frame (sometimes I don't have to drag them completely into inventory and sometimes I do).

(2) The appliances are upgraded mostly to unbreakable (but sometimes to something else appropriate).

(3) The garden is planted with great quality plants that beginning gardeners are able to replant.

@Kgaff I spent a lot of time checking and rechecking what packs things I used came from, but I see from my upload that some things may have sneaked in anyway. Either that, or the Exchange is not being entirely truthful (wouldn't be the first time). It may also be that I have trouble squinting out just which shade of blue is on an expansion icon. :p That doesn't explain the dark green for Supernatural, however. If there is anything that appears missing or odd in your download, I would be more than happy to fix it and send a corrected version your way. The slideshow may help us figure out what's what. Please do let me know.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
My Sims 3 Studio
My forum builds thread
Post edited by suzses on

Comments

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited May 2016
    They say patience is a virtue, but I wouldn't know. ;) And so, second gift coming up, despite intentions on my part to spread things out a bit. Besides, now I'm worried when I push the upload button, I'll find more things I shouldn't have put in your next gift, dear @Kgaff (but we'll fix that if I did).*

There's also a rumor that reading comprehension is good. When I read your letter, I saw gym/spa/salon and a couple of worlds, one of which was Hidden Springs, and I was thinking you meant a combination lot. When I reread it after I was finished, I realized you were looking for a gym (or maybe spa or salon) that would work in either Hidden Springs or Barnacle Bay. What I made is the combo of gym/spa/salon made for Hidden Springs (not sure how it would look in Barnacle Bay).

The lot is designated as a gym. You'll need to have a separate salon in town to be able to have a sim join the career and get opportunities, but it is possible to hang out there and makeover sweaty passersby. :p

2nd gift:

french-blue-white.jpg

New You Spa and Fitness

Screenshot-241.jpg

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8915238

Slideshow: http://s12.photobucket.com/user/suzses/slideshow/Hidden Springs Gifts/New You Spa and Fitness

* And bah, I think there's something from Showtime in there. The Island Paradise and Showtime blues are just too close for me to tell apart when they're teeny tiny icons. We'll find whatever it is and fix it.

Post edited by suzses on
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited June 2016
    3rd gift:

PeachPosey.jpg

Hans' Restaurant and Tavern

Screenshot-265.jpg

Two uploads (one as pictured and the revised without a couple sneaky things that sneaked in again):

Original: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8916331

Revised: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8916368

Slideshow: http://s12.photobucket.com/user/suzses/slideshow/Hidden Springs Gifts/Hans Restaurant and Tavern

Post edited by suzses on
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited June 2016
    Gift four:

VioletsGift.jpg

Once I named Hans' Restaurant and Tavern, I knew I needed to find a Hans. I ran into him at the grocery story. ;) An average looking guy who somehow has a way with charming the ladies. Here's a little more about him and his family:

Hans likes to call himself a chef, but truth be known he's a bit lower in the pecking order at The Bistro. This embellishment of fact is primarily to impress the ladies, something at which he *is* the master, despite a receding hairline and vanishing youth. He senses it's time to move on to the next chapter of his life, get serious about buying that
    restaurant he always wanted, settling down and having the family he always knew he'd have.

By chance, one day when he stopped by Barney's Salon's satellite location at New You Spa and Fitness to check out the possibilities in men's hair restoration (no, he can't afford it ;) ), he saw her - the new stylist, Marit. He fell instantly in love, as usual, but it was different this time.

HansCollage.jpg

Hans Asper

Adult
    Aquarius
    Pop - Porcini Risotto - Green

Hopeless Romantic
    Family Oriented
    Natural Cook
    Green Thumb
    Lucky

Marit wants to make the world a prettier place, one sim or one garbage can at a time if that's what it takes. She works as a stylist for Barney's Salon, but prefers to be scheduled at their newer shop at New You. Marit met Dorien there, the first love of her life. When he left for greener pastures (or, in this case, snowier slopes) to advance his career as a personal trainer and to pursue his passion for skiing, she assumed he'd ask her to go along with him. He didn't. And so, she is still here in Hidden Springs, ignoring any thought of romance and trying to help people with no fashion sense look better. If you look better, you feel better after all.

MaritCollage.jpg

Marit Asper

Young Adult
    Libra
    Pop - Stew Surprise - Black

Artistic
    Perceptive
    Perfectionist
    Nurturing
    Unflirty

Hans turned on the charm and asked Marit out to dinner. He was rather surprised when he impulsively
    asked her to marry him that she so readily agreed. He knew she wasn't as into him as he was taken by
    her, and he wondered what she was really thinking (probably about getting him a weave or maybe even a
    transplant!).

HansAndMaritCollage.jpg

Fast forward to today, the Asper family has expanded to include Mia, Hans and Marit's pretty-as-mom
    toddler daughter.\

MiaCollage.jpg

Mia Asper

Toddler
    Sagittarius
    Songwriter - Crepes - Blue

Artistic
    Friendly

(Knows all her toddler skills except walking and the extras that can be learned with the play pen and walker.)

The Asper Family
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8917024

A couple other things:

(1) I was expecting Hans to take the lead in his relationship with Marit, and was surprised to find it's
    usually her making all the advances. Initially, one of her traits was charismatic, and since she spent all
    of her out-of-work time with him, I thought perhaps that was playing a role. So, I changed that trait to
    perfectionist, which made no difference. Go figure.

(2) There's a little secret in the meaning of Marit's name.

(3) Hans and Marit have some appropriate skills for their jobs and have advanced a few levels in their careers, Hans a little more so than Marit.

Post edited by suzses on
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited June 2016
    When placing the Aspers in game to do some skilling up, I moved them into the dreary little log cabin up by the military base in HS. While I love log cabins, that one is just dark and depressing, and I just kept thinking there needed to be something lighter and brighter there instead. I began to think of what I wanted as "the light at the edge of the forest," like something you'd see if you had just found your way out of the woods that called you to it (this is probably because I spent a lot of my childhood exploring in the woods and was always slightly relieved when I found my way back out ;) ).

The Aspers also needed a little home of their own, I thought. I wanted to make a sort of step-up property for them, something a bit nicer than a starter but not too too much just yet. And so, we have your final gift . . .

Gift 5

WhiteGreenGift.jpg

Woods Edge

Screenshot-22.jpg

Upload: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8918339

Slideshow: http://s12.photobucket.com/user/suzses/slideshow/Hidden Springs Gifts/Woods Edge

Things to know:
    (1) I didn't want this home to be too expensive, and its price was rapidly escalating as I was building and furnishing. So, I decided to leave the downstairs bedroom and bath empty, to be finished later by the home's new tenents according to their needs.

(2) In the case of the Aspers, I placed some basic nursery items for Mia into their family inventory for that downstairs bedroom. I should have probably explained that earlier when I uploaded them for you - or put up the house and family together. The Aspers have approximately the funds needed to purchase the house.

(3) If you purchase a car while living on that lot, you will need to turn on the move objects cheat in order to place it in the parking space in the carport. After that, however - or if your sim(s) already own a car - the car will just park there without any issues.

(4) Yes, there's a photo in the frame in the living room area.
    Post edited by suzses on
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Oh @suzses! It's so cute! I'm love the entire look of it, I can't wait to see the slideshow. Thank you!
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited May 2016
    You already know I love this one :) And the spa too!
    Post edited by tanubanue on
    This is a spa I would like to get into!!
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Yes, these gifts are jaw dropping :) I don't say this often but boy do I like stealing, lol!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    edited May 2016
    @Kgaff So, I have been doing some investigating and have found a few of the culprits from expansions and packs you don't have.

The gym/spa has wall speakers that I thought were base game or at the latest from Late Night because it seems I've had them forever. They're actually from Showtime. The gym's refrigerator is from Generations - thinking I mistook the orange icon for University.

In Bristlecone Cottage, the butterflies in the nursery are from Generations, and I just thought they were base game. The table stereo in the living room is also from Generations (orange problem again). There is something from Pets in there, too, that I haven't figured out yet. There is a LOT of content that came with Pets, and it's hard to find a good list with pictures for it.

I did manage to find the few things in your next upcoming gift that shouldn't have been there before posting it. :) Will have it fixed up tomorrow.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @suzses Don't worry about it too much! If it is only a couple of decor items I can live with that.

I can only imagine how hard it is to keep track of what goes to what and what came from which EP.

I can check the download against the pictures and see if anything is changed so please don't stress yourself out about it!

Okay...deep breaths, good, now back to checking out these wonderful gifts in game. <3
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    What great additions to Hidden Springs! I'm going to have to borrow them for my own version! ;) And I agree, it really is a beautiful world! I especially love the recolors you used on the outside of the house and the alpine chalet feel of it. So cute! And you can never have enough good spas/salons...changing it up every so often keeps the game from getting boring!
    I put both of these in my game today and they are wonderful!

Bristlecone Cottage is a house I would like to live in. I really like your use of the arches that lead to the different rooms and frame the stairway. You were right about the butterflies in the nursery but that was the only thing I found that didn't match the photos. Speaking of photos I love the ones in the adult play area, you must have a very talented photographer in your game.

I love the shape of the gym/spa and the way the sauna room just makes you want to sit down and daydream...I love it. <3
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    @suzses Bristlecone Cottage is a beauty! What a lovely combination of charm and elegance. <3 I love the textures you used for the exterior and the roof like that is quite a trick. The New You Spa and Fitness is a perfect fit for Hidden Springs! So cleverly shaped a designed! It's wonderful how much you've managed to fit onto a fairly small lot.
    @Kgaff I'm so glad everything is OK.

Time for your next gift :) ^ above ^
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    You make such gorgeous builds. I love them all.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    You make such gorgeous builds. I love them all.

Right??? @Suzses..... All of your gifts have been Rec'd and favorited. (and some, stolen!! lol)

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    I just put everything in a new game and all my sims are loving everything! They look sooooo good in game :)

They like the "New" Hans' Restaurant and Tavern so much that we went ahead and bulldozed the old one. The restaurant part has such a warm an cozy feeling along with live entertainment. The tavern area has plenty so keep sims happy while having a drink and also more live entertainment.

The spa is a sim magnet!! My sim had to wait for a massage table and then the saunas were full!
    Hans' Restaurant and Tavern is adorable! Pretty colors, and I love the all the natural wood and florals! Especially the part with the tea room. Just lovely!
    edited June 2016
    @Kgaff I knew the spa would be a popular spot, but dang, they should leave one sauna just for you. :) Oh, by the way, in my game I put Hans' place next door to Lars' Disco, where the fire station was.

Gift 4 is now up above.
    Post edited by suzses on
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    @suzses Yet another great gift :) they really look like the cutest couple ever! And little Mia is such a beautifull kid :) lovely done!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited June 2016
    @Suzses - I *just* had time this morning to squeeze out another comment.

I love the Asper Family!! The way you wove their background story......... especially with Hans' "lack of hair". What can I say?? Awesome!! Rec'd and favorited.
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Your family is great! Your sims are as awesome as your lots! I'm so glad you joined in the gift exchange.
    edited June 2016
    @suzses Oh wow, thank you for this family!! Hans and Marit are such a cute couple! Somehow they work well together and Mia is just adorable.
    I must say that Hidden Springs has experienced a population boom this last week! :)

How could you do this and leave me hanging???
    "(2) There's a little secret in the meaning of Marit's name."
    You have some explaining to do!!! :o
    Love the Asper family! Mia is too cute! And such fun pictures! They'll go perfectly in HS. :smiley:
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member

These gifts are all beautiful, I downloaded the spa/gym as soon as I saw it, looks great in game. :smile:
    Siggy_4.jpg