Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Autonomous Woohoo?

So, I have been playing TS3 since November 1 of last year, and this is the first time this has happened... But I just caught my 1st Generation Sim Autonomously woohoo-ing with her new husband. This has never happened in any of my games, and it didn't happen the whole time he was the roommate. I am certainly hoping that they don't do any autonomous "Try for Baby" action, because my 3rd gen sims are using the nursery. I guess I didn't realize this was a thing, because no one in my household ever woohoo'd without my permission before. LOL. Could this be a result of the NRaas SP?
screenshot_original.jpg

Split Reflections: A Sim Story by R3B3CKVH
www.splitreflections.wordpress.com
Be Sure to Subscribe
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif

Comments

• Peach77Peach77 Posts: 313 Member
    Not SP. Another mod in the same suite that changes the rating of the game allows this, although usually you have to go in and set it up to allow it. The only object I've ever seen sims autonomously woohoo in w/o mods is the fixer upper car.
  • R3B3CKVHR3B3CKVH Posts: 473 Member
    edited May 2016
    Peach77 wrote: »
    Not SP. Another mod in the same suite that changes the rating of the game allows this, although usually you have to go in and set it up to allow it. The only object I've ever seen sims autonomously woohoo in w/o mods is the fixer upper car.

@Peach77
    Ok... I don't have any mod like that set up. My husband said his sim's wife autonomously "Tried For Baby" with his sim, (He doesn't have any mods whatsoever), but I didn't believe it because none of my sims had ever autonomously woohood, but then this happened. Usually, even with high will turned on, they just stand around clapping, and maybe occasionally clean something or work out.
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    It does happen in TS3 without any mods, but not very often. Before I started playing with any mods, I had a total of three different couples go off and autonomously Tried for a Baby, and succeeded. One couple, I didn't mind and I was very happy for them, because they had been through some pretty rough stuff, had been with each other for a very long time and were well established. But the other two, well it was a completely different story all together. One of those two times, the woman ended up with triplets.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    When sims get married, they get the Just Married moodlet for two days. During that time, there is an interaction available to them called 'Be Frisky'. You can direct your sims to 'Be Frisky' or they may autonomously choose this interaction on their own. This is a feature which came with Generations. I have had a couple end up pregnant after an autonomous "Be Frisky", but it was years ago and just that one time.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    You've been lucky. I have NRaas Story Progression and the "mod that must not be named" and some of my sims are like rabbits. :D I've never seen them try for baby on their own though, its always "just for fun."
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    edited May 2016
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    You've been lucky. I have NRaas Story Progression and the "mod that must not be named" and some of my sims are like rabbits. :D I've never seen them try for baby on their own though, its always "just for fun."

@KevinL5275
    O.o eh? "Mod that must not be named"???? Inquiring minds want to know..

Be Sure to Subscribe
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    The mod can't be named here (that's why everyone always refers to it as the "mod that must not be named"), since this is a T rated site and it would raise the rating... but it's an add on to MC. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
    edited May 2016
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    The mod can't be named here (that's why everyone always refers to it as the "mod that must not be named"), since this is a T rated site and it would raise the rating... but it's an add on to MC. :)

@ChelleJo
    Ah... I see.. Does it have something to do with professional options that only happen when the moon is out?

Be Sure to Subscribe
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

• MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member

I wondered it that could be hinted at here, lol Yeah, mine get quite carried away too...I'll leave it at that.
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    R3B3CKVH wrote: »
    So, I have been playing TS3 since November 1 of last year, and this is the first time this has happened... But I just caught my 1st Generation Sim Autonomously woohoo-ing with her new husband. This has never happened in any of my games, and it didn't happen the whole time he was the roommate. I am certainly hoping that they don't do any autonomous "Try for Baby" action, because my 3rd gen sims are using the nursery. I guess I didn't realize this was a thing, because no one in my household ever woohoo'd without my permission before. LOL. Could this be a result of the NRaas SP?
    screenshot_original.jpg

Oh, they can try for a baby on their own. That's what happened with the Liddle family. After the first time I did intentionally, Alice threw a fertility elixir and Bliss elixir at her husband... then tried for a baby in the shower. While I was just sitting there being dumbfounded and not realizing they were going for a baby or what the two elixirs were until later. Got twins. Then while the twins were still babies, she tried for a baby while I was in the bathroom. which I discovered when I realized she's pregnant again.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • GirklGirkl Posts: 254 Member
    When sims get married, they get the Just Married moodlet for two days. During that time, there is an interaction available to them called 'Be Frisky'. You can direct your sims to 'Be Frisky' or they may autonomously choose this interaction on their own. This is a feature which came with Generations. I have had a couple end up pregnant after an autonomous "Be Frisky", but it was years ago and just that one time.

Yes I was really surprised when I saw a couple do that as I had never seen the 'Be Frisky' action before,I guess my previous couples just weren't that frisky. Since then though every couple I have married have used the interaction autonomously,sometimes several times while that moodlet lasts. I wonder if the chances of it happening are linked at all to how high the couples' relationship bar is when they marry (I've pretty much force-married some off very quickly for expediency when they barely knew each other and had gone through only the bare minimum of each type of interaction to progress to the next stage,whereas others have been at full bar) ?

I've never yet seen autonomous Try For Baby but then I don't have the youknowwhich mod. I actually wouldn't mind if it happened autonomously as long as it was rare as I tend to pretty much play by the Sims wishes anyway and any autonomous actions they instigate I find actually helps me know what 'they' want,or build a better picture in my head of just who 'they' are.

"It's better to be over the hill than under it"
    I don't have any mods, so it's not linked to using specific mods. That said, it's a Flirty type action, so it seems more likely a sim with the Flirty trait will initiate it on their own. While sims who are Unflirty don't try to woohoo much either. Otherwise, it seems linked to the relationship bar. The more full the bar, the more likely it seems to happen. A friendship jar elixir or two along with a fertility elixir seems to equal "try to out breed rabbits"
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    R3B3CKVH wrote: »

@KevinL5275
    O.o eh? "Mod that must not be named"???? Inquiring minds want to know..

Go to the NRaas site: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

It begins with a W. You take it from there. :)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    I just looked at that unnamed mod... seems unneeded.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited May 2016
    No mod is really needed. The one We Don't Talk About Here does add some functionality the game otherwise lacks, however, such as allowing same-sex couples to transcend reality and have babies together. Gay Simmers who want to do Legacy challenges (or just play with genetics) rely on it for that. Others simply enjoy the other things it offers - such as the ability to tune whether or not Sims can Woohoo autonomously or, if they can, whether they can autonomously try for a baby, or whether any Woohoo has a chance of resulting in pregnancy, or how common/uncommon all of these are. None of which really changes the rating of the game - it just allows tuning - which is why we can discuss this much here in this thread.

There are other options and settings as well, which do alter the rating of the game, which we don't discuss here. the NRaas site has its own forums for those discussions.
    Story Progression looks like it would handle the same gender baby making too. In a complicated looking way, sure. But looks like it would work from what I read. But oh well.
  • marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    @R3B3CKVH Story Progression will have that effect on non-active households (NPCs). If admittedly faulty memory serves, SP will automatically generate pregnancies up to some limit (defined in SP's settings), although typically not accompanied by the bouncing bedcovers animation. I did have it happen with neighbors one time, but I had used Master Controller to Open the property, so I guess the game animated it or at least generated the sound effect. This should not have any effect on the active household, however. But if you're doing rotational play (switching around between households), then it could conceivably happen while a different household was the active one. Since you didn't say anything about doing that and since you're apparently not using the mod-which-must-not-be-named, my best guess is that there is some object on the lot where woohooing is an available interaction and where that interaction is advertising a higher "Fun" than anything else around. Best guess only, so take it for whatever it's worth.
    It seems to vary a lot too. Some of my sim families never woohoo on their own. Others do so on rare occasions. Still others can't seem to stop woohooing to do stuff like care for children.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    That only happens in my game with nrass so i say thats lucky. None of my sims have ever woohoo on their own.
    giphy.gif

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    Story Progression looks like it would handle the same gender baby making too. In a complicated looking way, sure. But looks like it would work from what I read. But oh well.

SP is capable of creating same sex pregnancies in the inactive resident population if you allow it, but it doesn't enable the Try For Baby interaction between same sex couples which is what you need for active sims.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited May 2016
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    I just looked at that unnamed mod... seems unneeded.
    Some players might find things to be unneeded that others appreciate and like, so would be needed for their play style. For example I don't find several of EAs EPs needed. I've never bought ShowTime or Into the Future and have uninstalled Generations and Supernatural. I find them unneeded.

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    (coughs)
    There are those who say that TS3 is unneeded. But, of course, we don't talk to those kinds of people unless we really have to. B)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    (coughs)
    There are those who say that TS3 is unneeded. But, of course, we don't talk to those kinds of people unless we really have to. B)

@igazor You must be sipping some funny tea, because you are hilarious today. :smiley:

Be Sure to Subscribe
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

• lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Goodness, I hope this doesn't happen to my middle aged couple. She and her husband are flirty and they love to woohoo, they're always in the mood.
    igazor wrote: »
    (coughs)

It's true, Sims 3 is unneeded. But far too addictive.