Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    My post will likely be delayed until later today. The family cat, we rehabilitated with Kidney Disease, has had a turn for the worst. I haven’t been in a good head space for writing.

It’s like watching one of my pets that passed away from kidney failure at an old age again. Only this time, she’s much younger and was born with her health issues.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    @Metior_Ice I am so sorry you are going through this. It's never easy. Although I want to know what comes next in your story, I can wait. Take your time and see to your beloved pet.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Look who's back!
    New game, new computer, new save file... Similar character (yes I am addicted to that particular hairstyle).

Long story short: My new starter sim (Brigit Benoist) has already finished college
    She's a self employed Fitness / Wellness Internet personality, making a living by teaching Wellness and posting videos and vlogs about wellness and fitness. Already a 2-star celeb...

No real pictures yet...
    One full Wellness session... and one memory from her University as a Biology major: I would not swim in English city canals, but some people apparently do...

GIeINFE.png
    84R8MKK.png

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    @Beardedgeek That canal looks much more enticing than most English city canals. The water’s a nice blue colour for a start!
  • Options
    DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    @Metior_Ice i hope your cat gets better. I send you well wishes ❤️
  • Options
    @Beardedgeek That canal looks much more enticing than most English city canals. The water’s a nice blue colour for a start!

That was kinda my point ;)
    I wouldn't swim in any city canal, be it in Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands or England :)
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Thank you for the well wishes and the support. I’m probably going to make my update tomorrow.

Betty has had some significant improvements in her health. She’s not out of the woods yet, but she’s getting there.

————

On a side note, I’ve found that creative sims like Dylan have a much easier time gaining fame than genius sims like Zephyr.

The gaming tournaments, social media, and Archeology just don’t gain fame as quickly as Singing, Painting, Playing an instrument, and being a DJ.

Fortunately, as mermen, both Dylan and Zeph have pitch perfect voices, and Zeph is talented with the Guitar.

Dylan builds fame so naturally, but he’s got max skill with so many different instruments.

Edit: The Singing Skill comes with City Living, but I always cheat the skill to the max with merfolk. I usually make sure I do these things without cheats once, but mermen and mermaids are often depicted with, at the very least, excellent singing voices.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Started over, same basic premise, slightly changed main Sim (same name)

The reason I started over was that the story telling got crazy. I now have found settings I am pleased with, so I started over without having half the premades moving out and then become culled because they're not in a house...

Anyway, University life is hard... :)

Brigitte Benoist is a young woman with three strong passions she wants to weave together: Fighting for the Environment, a deep passion for all things physical and mental wellbeing (Yoga, meditation, physical sports... what have you) and she also wants to make it as a Simtuber. Preferably as a Yoga / Wellness channel.

So, going to university to earn her biology degree (that she will never actually use per se, but it will max her Fitness level, give her a huge boost in logic, gardening and a few other things...)

t6AUvke.png
    eCxdhj7.png

First evening at campus, on the third day of Spring, she spent most of the night exploring the beautiful nature and old buildings while there was a light snowfall(!).

J5rNjXY.png
    tm3fs3G.png

Why is she sad? Well... her unpleasant dorm mate decided to be so angry at a broken toilet that he died. Personally i would call that a win situation but I am cruel ;)

CR29kb1.png

Third semester is in the middle of summer, literally; just spent the break between first and second class swimming and now have to rush back to class...

Post edited by Beardedgeek on
  • Options
    Long post warning.

I thought I leave this warning before I make my update later today. Since I had a few different things early in the week delay my update, my update will be fairly long, essentially two updates in one.

I apologize in advance, and I hope this early warning helps in some way. I will be using a spoiler, but I have been using spoilers for the images.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    The Magical Immobilization Caper (Part 1)

Eliza consulted her neighborhood map. The neighbors' homes had been a nice source of income, but they were just about picked clean at this point.

consulting-the-board.png

Eliza had become confident in her tranquilizing handshake skills
    bjergsen-1-handshake.png

as a means of removing the neighbors' furniture without having to take the time to lure them to some other room
    bjergsen-3-couch-gone.png

There doesn't seem to be a limit on the number of victims
    tranquilizing-handshake.png

So, time to take this tactic out of the home neighborhood into the big-time.

There was a beautiful big painting in the Waterside Warble that Eliza wished to remove from its location. On a scouting errand, she had already discovered that somehow she had developed the ability to swipe objects outside the neighborhood. Maybe enough Sharing is Caring experience has taught her how to function like a true kleptomaniac. (She does have enough aspiration points for a re-traiting potion if I ever want to give her the kleptomaniac trait officially.)

But somehow, tranquilizing handshake doesn't seem to work outside the home neighborhood. She made the bartender drop to the floor all right, but even while unconscious she still caught Eliza at her swiping.

Hmm. Maybe this is a difference between Sharing Is Caring and regular swiping. Embarrassed, Eliza went home and back to the drawing board.

Meanwhile, Iggy was growing up. He has that saddest of aspirations for someone who lives in a private dwelling: Party Animal. Poor guy. At least he found a suitably party color for his hair. Looks good on you, kid.
    iggy-hair.png

And he can hang out with friends at other places. Here's Evie Delgato, his pal since elementary school
    iggy-and-evie.png

Iggy was out with friends one night when he got some sad news.
    iggy-with-friends.png

bob-death.png

Nooooo... poor Bob and his tragic love for cake!

Poor Iggy, he has lost his only decent parent!

Iggy drowned his sorrows in painting.
    Only sad paintings.
    neo-primitive-or-is-it-just-primitive.png

(Is it neo-primitive, or just primitive?)

Eliza didn't want to admit it, but she felt sad too, especially at the prospect of parenting full-time
    left-alone.png

She loved Iggy but they saw the world in such different ways
    homework-argue.png
    "Focus! Why won't you focus?"
    "Mom, I'm not going to college, it doesn't matter!"
    "Of course you're going to college!"
    "No way! I'm going to stay home and paint! Can I just go paint now please?"
    "You think you're going to earn any money as a painter?"
    (Fortunately they are sims, so his prospects aren't bad really...)

Then Eliza drank potions of plentiful needs and read the obituaries all night.
    obituaries.png

After that, Eliza was out of potions of plentiful needs. She also wondered if her friends in the magical realm could help her with some additional ways to immobilize people using magic. Preferably, immobilizing them in such a way that they wouldn't catch her swiping things.

To be continued...

Eliza's story thread is here https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/998375/eliza-pancakes-supervillain#latest
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    Hi everyone!

It has been some time since I last posted any save related on here,
    not sure when I used to post more actively.
    I have a save going now where I play Luna Villareal as a young adult, her older brother Max has already moved
    out so it is only her and Hugo still at home.

TWk0nwX.png

Luna Villareal was the second oldest daughter of Jacques and his wife, she
    had two brothers Max and she never got along that well but she was closer to her brother Hugo.

OUjXgvT.png

Hugo Villareal is the youngest son, but I aged both of them up to young adults.

2uo91A6.png

When I opened the game Luna was hungry, grilling food.

AUIZW11.png

Jacques was out doing his own stuff,
    so the both of them had lunch Baked potatoes.

OUjXgvT.png

Hugo came over to chat with his sister as she prepared the food

3zD2ZG7.png

Then later she proceeded to make a drink

I might post some more later!

• Options
    Humusk1Humusk1 Posts: 23 Member
    My gameplay is hampered by the way they operate. I have a lonely sim who needs to focus on her garden for a week. She now despises relationships.

I have a sim with four children and a husband who spends a week with them? Okay, now she's a weirdo who gets upset when she spends time with the middle child (because four "friends" is the limit). It's pointless and annoying.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    The Magical Immobilization Caper (part 2)

Simeon helped Eliza make a fresh batch of Potions of Plentiful Needs. But something went wrong.
    curse.png

That smile on Morgyn! I wonder what he is thinking
    What a comeuppance for our vain heroine... now she looks like this
    curse2.png

Not even other spellcasters could look upon her without losing their lunches
    curse-spellcasters-weak.png

So Eliza took temporary measures and then cornered a sage.
    "Please, you've gotta help me! I look terrible!"
    help-me1.png

"Lady, the only thing wrong with you is you have a bag over your head."
    "I feel as though I'm going to go all strange any moment! Oof! Here it comes!"
    (It's true, it comes and goes.)
    "There's another potion you can learn, but you have to improve your casting level first."
    help-me2.png

"Am I ready now?"
    "Keep stirring."

That night

"I can't believe this... My beautiful face..."
    "You look fine, Mom."
    mom-it-looks-fine.png

"You're not even looking at me!"
    "Of course I'm not looking-- I mean-- your cooking is so delicious that it occupies my complete attention."

Finally Eliza leveled up and was ready to learn some more spells. But first, a potion recipe. Simeon took pity and gave her a free sample of the Potion of Curse Cleansing.
    Thank goodness.
    curse-better.png

Morgyn taught Eliza a spell called Chillio, which could freeze anyone or anything solid. Perhaps this would help immobilize people while Eliza stole things from them.

Unless, of course, it backfires.
    chillio-backfire.png

Let's try out Chillio in the real world!

The spell went off without a hitch
    chillio-not-useful.png

But a frozen bartender could still stop Eliza from swiping objects. Darn.

Time for the next spell...
    Burgliate. Now, here's an idea. You can steal things that are a little bit farther away than with swiping. And you have more choices of what to steal. Let's try this out with another large painting that has evaded Eliza's grasp due to the fence
    burgliate1.png

Perfect!
    burgliate2.png

Burgliate has an energized moodlet and cooldown period similar to the kleptomaniac swiping moodlet. Hmm, that means we could do one of each on each visit. That sounds useful.

nothin-you-can-do.png

Oh, there's nothing you can do. Next time I knock on your door, you'll just yell "Come on in!" like always.

Next spell was from Simeon
    Copypasto!
    copypasto1.png

Welcome to Eliza Villareal's flower shop. Where she keeps 100% of the profits.
    copypasto2-welcome-to-flower-shop.png

The objects you can use as a source for Copypasto are a bit limited, but she stole a more valuable flower arrangement and that worked well, at 600 simoleons a pop. Every day she casts Copypasto until she gets all charged up, casts Discharge, then casts Copypasto until she gets all charged up again. (Discharge has a once-a-day cooldown.)

And that is how Eliza made her second 100k.
    copypasto-improved-source.png

Oh, one little sentimental gift for my stepson when he comes home from college.
    She can't swipe it... but she can Burgliate it. Now she's made good on that failed caper from last time.
    at-long-last.png

Max called to ask Eliza if he should get engaged to Lilith. He hinted as to how she might be helpful with the family business, so Eliza said yes.

Did we almost forget about Iggy? How unkind of us. What's Iggy doing? Well, Evie was such a sweet friend to him in his time of loss
    time-of-loss.png

That he decided to repay her kindness

By holding a party at her house!

"Wait, what?"
    party.png
    "It'll be so much fun! Quick, go change!"
    "Just tell me you're not inviting your klepto brother?"
    "Too late, he's already on his way!"

Iggy was eager to cook party food
    "This is inappropriate" called out Supriya.
    "Don't worry, everything is fine," called Iggy.
    party-fire.png

Everything was not fine. But they had a good time anyway.
    party-good-time.png

As the party wound down, Evie and Iggy found themselves completely charmed by each other and now they're together
    party-girlfriend.png

"How much is this boy going to mess up my life in one evening?" wondered Supriya.
    party-how-much-mess-up-my-life.png
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    I was tagging along with my novelist sim while she went for her daily swim, a bit of sunbathing, and scoping out chatting with the locals.
    ii7MYbI.png?1
    5DFApaA.png

In the background I noticed someone strolling by. Earlier in the week, I speculated that Nancy Landgraab was pregnant, it's no longer speculation. She is! And later on, after a snack break, who should walk by, also very pregnant, Clara Bjergsen. My neighborhood stories are certainly in a baby making mood!
    NTgaXRQ.png?1
    pXICTy8.png
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Three sim days later we get a chance to meet the newest member of the Landgraab and Bjergsen households. I was dying to see what the little ones looked like so I went in and aged them up. They are absolutely adorable.❤️

First up is little miss independent, Terra Landgraab...
    ebmLn8W.jpg?1

Terra with mama Nancy...
    kaqP3cY.png

Big brother Malcolm and Terra bonded on sight. Here she is already learning to talk with help from Malcolm
    fNaoMNP.png?1

Next up is little Mr. Inquisitive, Justice Bjergsen...
    XIIVaGN.jpg?1

Justice with mama Clara.
    HbLhp0V.png?1
    X3CsWKo.png

It's interesting, with Terra, after I had Nancy age her up, she just walked off, no engagement whatsoever. I had to manually call her back and make her pick up Terra. With Justice, I didn't have to do anything but snap pics, Clara swooped right in and instantly got down on his level and engaged him. I haven't spent time with Nancy the mom, so it was a revealing look inside her personality. How could you not want to cuddle that sweet little tyke? Nancy, you monster!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms of the world, Sims and real! Except maybe you, Nancy Landgraab.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 haha Nancy is such a monster XD those kids are adorable!
  • Options
    @mightysprite This is happening in my main story save so I will have to check back from time to time and see how they look as they grow. I have aging off and I don't actively play either household so when the time feels right I'll go back and manually age them up. I think both of them are going to grow up to be super attractive teens and adults.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    My girls are all grown up!

iCMuzl1.png

i5NPuKW.png

Time to get started on the third generation but first I'm going to enjoy playing with no school buses and homework. :p
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Most of my day went on to "Ecofy" a lot of community lots.

Other than that... Switched to the Groom-To-Be: Knows Greenburg, who is now off to Uni!
    He got a very very modest makeover. Seems Uni is doing him some good:

mjLJDsN.png
    jjT2x3m.png
    7yCAxm7.png
    0EVmCCe.png
    YJ4lGFB.png
    jFOy3me.png
    OvURMF9.png
    LJzxs0S.png
  • Options
    I have a lot to catch up on, but when it rains it pours.

Aside from my family cat almost dying, I had finals, graduation stuff, Mother’s Day, and it all ended with me catching a nasty sinus cold. As soon as I recover, I’ll make my update.

I look forward to catching up on all the updates.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    egg.jpg

I was not quite getting what was going on in Brindleton Bay, *not* in Sulani. Must have ex perimented with those tags loooong ago... So glad none of those chickens were unlucky...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Three sim days later we get a chance to meet the newest member of the Landgraab and Bjergsen households. I was dying to see what the little ones looked like so I went in and aged them up. They are absolutely adorable.❤️

ebmLn8W.jpg?1

Terra with mama Nancy...
    kaqP3cY.png

Big brother Malcolm and Terra bonded on sight. Here she is already learning to talk with help from Malcolm
    fNaoMNP.png?1

XIIVaGN.jpg?1

Justice with mama Clara.
    HbLhp0V.png?1
    X3CsWKo.png

It's interesting, with Terra, after I had Nancy age her up, she just walked off, no engagement whatsoever. I had to manually call her back and make her pick up Terra. With Justice, I didn't have to do anything but snap pics, Clara swooped right in and instantly got down on his level and engaged him. I haven't spent time with Nancy the mom, so it was a revealing look inside her personality. How could you not want to cuddle that sweet little tyke? Nancy, you monster!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms of the world, Sims and real! Except maybe you, Nancy Landgraab.

Some Sims (and people) are partial to boys over girls. Apparently, according to my aunts and uncles their grandmother was that way. She doted on the six boys buying them new clothing and with the three girls, took them to the goodwill … I never knew the woman. Which may be a good thing, who knows? :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited May 2022

ebmLn8W.jpg?1

Terra with mama Nancy...
    kaqP3cY.png

fNaoMNP.png?1

XIIVaGN.jpg?1

Justice with mama Clara.
    HbLhp0V.png?1
    X3CsWKo.png

Some Sims (and people) are partial to boys over girls. Apparently, according to my aunts and uncles their grandmother was that way. She doted on the six boys buying them new clothing and with the three girls, took them to the goodwill … I never knew the woman. Which may be a good thing, who knows? :open_mouth:

I've heard stories like that from older relatives. It's a shame, but it was a different era, different values. Thankfully attitudes are changing even if there's still a long way to go.

Good thing for little Terra, big brother Malcolm adores her and stepped right in.❤️
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    egg.jpg

I was not quite getting what was going on in Brindleton Bay, *not* in Sulani. Must have ex perimented with those tags loooong ago... So glad none of those chickens were unlucky...

Hahaha this is awesome with the captions! I hope it makes this week's highlights
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    I have a lot to catch up on, but when it rains it pours.

Aside from my family cat almost dying, I had finals, graduation stuff, Mother’s Day, and it all ended with me catching a nasty sinus cold. As soon as I recover, I’ll make my update.

I look forward to catching up on all the updates.

Really wishing you health and peace and energy for storytelling!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top