Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited January 2021
    Complication Encountered

Toddlers are adorable. Even the clingy and wild ones have their moments.

50837861956_f44bcdff8d_b.jpg

Unfortunately, the good Nanny, Hiroko, that took care of Ember was replaced by another sim when I tried to add her to the played households to prevent culling. She and Kemps have actually done a better job showing up to check on the Earth Elemental Twins than the nanny that replaced Hiroko while the nanny is there. Jade should not have to walk this far to ask her uncle for food only for him to say goodbye. At least he shows up in those moments when I need to pay attention. I'm a bit peeved that he didn't help her, but there was a nanny staring at the door... Even Kemps saw the problem and peaced out.

50837136368_7fcbdd90af_b.jpg

Despite him not helping her, I'm inclined to believe that something interrupted him helping her. He's got a solid track record of checking up on every single mer in the pod he's responsible for and helping them.

50837945122_ed0690e1c5_k.jpg

Kemps did not leave his brother's family hanging. He enlisted the help of a young merman from the pod. Meet Dennis Amaro, the Zalrian Households new Butler. Dennis considered it an honor to help the last remaining Elder Lineage. He's definitely skilled in all the areas he would need to do his job as an Attendant to the Zalrians.

50837945112_5e9bbd9667_k.jpg

The process to make him the butler was not easy.

Using cheats, I maxed out all the skills I felt would be most helpful for him to do his jobs. Handiness, Cooking, Entertaining, and etc. He has the ideal traits for a Merman Butler.

First, I had to load him to a lot and cheat his stats to where I wanted them.

Then, I had to use the cheats in this order:

Traits.Equip_Trait isButler
    Careers.Add_Career Butler
    And wait until 6 am of the next day for him to cycle through one day of work. Time speeds up for this part.

Next, I marked his household as unplayed. He was originally a random Butler that the game spawned too. I changed the household name to Amaro.

50837945137_32936693d6_b.jpg

I evicted him from the lot. For the final touches, I moved him into a lot on Sulani so he would be a Sulani Resident, just in case it affected where he went. The screenshots are from earlier trials, but I ended up following these steps.

50837861926_b2c257efca.jpg

And now, he's a butler. I can use Cas.FullEditMode to change the way he looks in other outfits and his general appearance.

50837136343_f58ff00a68_z.jpg

So, here's a simplified list of things to make your own butler.
    • Cheat the traits you want
    • Make him or her look the way you want

*Make sure you do the above steps before the cheats to make him or her a butler. The order matters.*

Use Cheats in the listed order:
    • Traits.Equip_Trait isButler
    • Careers.Add_Career Butler
    • And wait until 6 am of the next day for him or her to cycle through one day of work. Time speeds up for this part.

Next:
    • Mark him or her as unplayed
    • Evict the household from the lot

Finally:
    • Delete the butler the game generated
    • Load the household

These steps worked twice for me, and he was still the butler after reloading the game.

Cas.FullEditMode will allow players to change the way the Butler looks in CAS without disrupting anything.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    @Daephene At one point I was already thinking about a teenage pregnancy for her and I thought of him as a potential partner, but in the end I decide against him, especially when I saw it was the grown-up young adult son from the husband (ex-wife) of her Aunt Hedwig. Personally I like the surprises the game offers sometimes, but now I have to decide, should she even take care of the baby and/or be a cold mother, let it raise by her parents or should she just give this baby away right after the birth? Usually all my toddlers are beloved by their parent, I never have played a cold hearted mother who hates her child before. :/
    Daephene wrote: »

@Metior_Ice I love your colorful mermen. I like the idea of a challenge to recruit each of them. I enjoy the way you interpret thought bubbles as dialogue. Also the roommate saga was pretty funny.

@Daephene I made all the merfolk very colorful.

My story has featured only mermen so far, but I made sure to have almost as many mermaids as mermen. Trust me, they are all colorful.

I'm thinking spellcasters and vampires can have darker colors.

I know that Ember will likely wear reds.

Jade and Juniper will wear earthy neutral colors.
    edited January 2021
    Background Info

I was thinking about how I'm going to age up my sims.

Merfolk that are young adult, with Calum and Arihi as exceptions, will not age up until they have kids.

Calum and Arihi are immortal because Kemps gave up his eternal youth so Calum's family wouldn't have to worry about him not being there. Arihi is an elemental mermaid.

Merfolk that have kids will age up at the end of their second rotation at a life stage. Merfolk Teens and younger will also remain in a life stage for two rotations before aging up at the end of their second rotation with a certain life stage.

Other sims will age up at the end of their rotation.

Ember will have a second rotation before aging up.

Jade and Juniper will age up at the end of their next rotation. They've been toddlers a long time.

This should help create a cycle of life and death for the merfolk.

This also means that Kemps Zalrian, Reef Kailani, Sara Kailani, Fin Kian, and Andria Kian will grow old and die.

In this save, Kylen did not give birth to Lir, so he and his husband along with his identical twin brother, Rylan will stick around as adoptive parents. Lir did inherit the Kailani name.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    @Daephene they really are, I turned age to short just to see how they look as teens also I need the opposite parent to have a child in most of the houses so here we go.
    3cPujZW.png
    He was just so glad to be home after a bad day, he was upset about a bad decision he's a secret agent so he's touchy about it.
    EzI9GIp.png
    They relaxed with some simple family time.
    XhEDDtV.png
    They are still all over each other, I believe after this he also got pregnant this time around.
    rMvavl3.png
    I took Elvion out to try out inferniate...and Victor put it out..
    B2cNQk8.png
    Don't mess with Elvion...I think it was him that was pregnant...I'll have to look at my pics but I'll get the other one.
    TOWjdJd.png
    Then we get to this, Xander knows he was wrong he really took away his son from Gia and married Morgan he also has a child with I think it was Johnny Zest , I saw Connie got pregnant by Malcolm.

Shame on you.
    PvcXqrH.png
    Little Asa is still adorable and he hates his stepmother.
    qEhNGpp.png
    And the first baby of the second round, we have named her Star and she came through Brenda of course and she is just too cute, trying to explain why the toilet is a perfectly good toy...not a chance kid.

mmkay.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Finally got around to celebrating New Year's with my sims.
    L4YYYPe.png

Look, fireworks!
    TJxKhja.png
    5T1Ond4.png

And family chess night!
    HqQKw1X.png

So, not much happened with Wolfgang this week, except for getting promoted to the top of the criminal career. He is now the ultimate crime boss of all simdom.
    Cornelius is basically keeping quiet and doing what he needs to do, both in his life and his secret agent career, until an opportunity to become a villain (personally and professionally) presents itself.
    Cordelia did multiple freelance artist gigs and probably made at least as much money as Wolfie for the week.

But the big focus of this week's gameplay was Charlotte's new romance.
    That will get a little picture heavy so I'm putting it behind a spoiler.
    Meet my aged down Katrina Caliente.
    Dseqq7T.png

Katrina was extremely hot and cold all week. She kept initiating dates and other meetups but she was quick to start rejecting flirts. I'm going to headcanon that she was still hurting from the rejection from Nina and Dina's father. Katrina in my game is a single mother of two toddlers living in a container home in Evergreen Harbor with no electricity and little money. So she was slow to truly commit to the relationship even though she was clearly interested. She may also have had some doubts about getting involved with a vampire, even a good one.

Their first date was at the lounge in Willow Creek, see above. This was Charlotte watching her leave.
    UOCrRUf.png

The second date was to the bar in Glimmerbrook. Again, Katrina initiated these so I never really chose the location. I haven't done anything with this bar yet, so since flirty interactions were dicey they had a nice game of chess.
    KSq0xnG.png

Katrina also did a random stop by the house right as Charlotte got home from work one day, and Charlotte acted quickly.
    KtYFYXI.png

Later Katrina invited her to the spice festival, where since Charlotte doesn't actually eat food they spent the evening in the basement of the karaoke bar. There was no eating, but it got a bit spicy.
    ZaMrKOu.png
    kIBkdAO.png

Katrina accepted an invitation to spend the night. Charlotte showed her the vault. Kat may have been more into it than expected.
    5sQrRws.png
    Sb4grcz.png

The next morning she was even willing to share her plasma.
    l0OGnnM.png

They were officially girlfriends at this point.

In my game, every rotation, which is now 18 households, everyone ages about 4 years. So each household is kind of living through a little over 2.5 months in one sim week. So my relationships don't really move quite as fast as they might seem.

Later, Charlotte asked Katrina out for a change, and they went to the nightclub in Windenberg.
    39apxIu.png

As usual, my other sims show up to nightclubs in costumes.
    uDrAoZ8.png

They made their way to a private room and had a tickle fight.
    VZi21X8.png
    zQyxxtY.png

And then got cozy. Which was a little awkward for Paolo who decided to join them.
    GIrAEBr.png

Then things got downright passionate.
    dtbeeX0.png
    KLxd1sN.png

And Charlotte decided it was time to pop the question.
    VQbwIAC.png

So that seemed like a good time for them to meet each other's families.
    yb9HWga.png
    That is some yellow air for sure.

Dina accepted a hug.
    lOWcdoL.png

Nina did not.
    vNu6rEN.png

But she was happy to play when they got back to Charlotte's place.
    N4SGxGj.png

Cordelia and Katrina hit it off really well. They got a positive sentiment just from the polite introduction.
    JFbDjJW.png

And then Katrina and the girls moved in, but there wasn't really room.
    6zTX7TO.png

So I moved them to a new house! And then spent a lot of time picking which furniture from their old house to move in and which to keep from the house I downloaded from the gallery, and then added a whole basement so that Cordelia, Wolfie and Cornelius have an underground floor to themselves, Charlotte and Katrina and the girls get the top floor, and they can all share the main floor.
    But I didn't take any pictures of the short time I spent playtesting it with them before I realized I was overdue for switching households, so you'll have to see the new place next time.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Sorry for delay, got buried under a pile of homework again. Almost done with mid-terms, just one more to go.
    @sarabeth2984 It´s always nice to hear that you are being missed. I have been super busy those last few months with university, winter break was a nice distraction. We´ve been on distance learning since november and I was getting quite sick of staring at my dorm walls, so during holiday I was able to stare some different ones at home :D Covid is still pretty bad here, the coverment has started with vaccinating people but it´s going super slow, at this rate I may be able to get it by summer perhaps.
    I have been enjoying your updates, it´s nice to see familliar faces.
    @Daephene Well, it was a brief recap of what has happened since...july, perhaps? I wasn´t sure if I was ever going to post anything again, but I kept the pics, just in case I´ll ever feel like doing it again. And apparently I do. Now I am curious - which storylines do you recall the best?

Okay, back to business. Welcome to the extended recap of what happened in my game since july? (I think? Can´t really recall. So sorry if there´s something I have already posted, I know I did post some stuff to the other What happened... thread, not sure how many here follow that.) Warning, super long post.

How did Luna and Joaquin came to be?
    I had left Luna unplayed for some time and came back to find her in a bad soap opera. For reasons unknown, she had married Sergio - yes, the same Sergio Romeo who happened to be the ex-boyfriend of her stepmother Lilith and the absent father of her three step-siblings. The happy couple was living together with Sergio´s housemate Joaquin Le Chien and his wife L Faba. Who, as some may recall, had at one point been Sergio´s wife and was the biological mother of Luna´s step-sister Mariana. Sergio and L must´ve had some sort of reunion between his relationship with Lilith and marriage to Luna, because they now had another daughter together, called Dianna.
    What a happy family qZgk4oZ.png
    Especially since L was still pining after Sergio and was constantly sad upon seeing him and Luna together. Which, paired with her less than nice personality, did not do wonders with her own marriage. L and Joaquin loathed each other, they´re the only couple I´ve had in my game who have the friendship bar in fully red and the romance bar in fully pink. It took a while, but eventually Joaquin had had it enough. After being physically assaulted by his wife, r3Eato0.png
    he told her that he never wanted to see her again 96zun7l.png
    After given evidence that she was both physically and emotionally abusive, L lost the custody of Dianna, which was given to Sergio.
    Dianna was a very adorablre, but also very fussy toddler, who loved making messes and demanding her caretakers teach her stuff. InAmKGv.png
    Ctgw4Ms.png
    hOrzNAd.png
    Sergio was the fun parent, Ksb8irZ.png
    while forcing Joaquin to be the one to deal with her temper tantrums and demands, 453PnGB.png
    so of course Sergio was the favorite one.
    The thing with Luna and Sergio was that they weren´t happy. Sergio had promised to change his ways, which lasted for a month before he went back to obsessing over Computer games and workout routines and pretty much ignoring his wife and child.
    Luna, questioning her life choices 3AnelGG.png

Luna´s friend Sofia Bjergsen came to visit...and repair the stereo. Thank you, Sofia! pMFgkGE.png
    Friendship selfie time! FCX8NBr.png
    (Sofia later went on to marry Travis Scott, they have a daughter together)
    Mariana also came to visit, unfortunately while both Luna and Dianna were asleep. Well at least she had homework to occupy her meGKbd1.png
    Eventually, Luna decided to share her worries with Joaquin. Gip2PZd.png Their living arrangements were not working out, because Sergio was not doing his part. Dianna was Sergio´s kid, but somehow they were the ones doing any actual parentingOq7l884.png
    While they were still trying to find a solution that would please everyone, it was time for Dianna´s birthday f1RAqsc.png
    She looks a lot like Sergio Z2CXsxK.png
    Sergio went to stay with his parents for a while... and stayed there. He and Luna had their marriage annuled, on the ground that it was never consumated. The three of them remained friends. Sergio even came to visit every once in a while, something he has never done with his elder children. 4N0yxjv.png

Joaquin set the grill on fire. Thank God for friendly neighbourhood vampires CDEcpCv.png
    Both Luna and Joaquin went back to university, because neither of them was getting any younger and being a lifeguard (Luna) or an unpaid DJ (Joaquin) was not going to bring them the money and success they both dreamt of. WahYLfz.png
    Luna returned to vlogging for some extra cash GgZ7r9r.png
    And started a new club, this time with no boys allowed because they would only mess things up. imDvbLf.png
    ck1yj9i.png
    Joaquin tried dating. It didn´t go well 1cmNc5f.png
    SoiKmVG.png
    (At least the bartender was hot. Though I wonder what happened to his shirt, did he spill something to it?)
    Max found himself a worthy opponent qGWW4U9.png
    PCIlTi8.png
    (They eventually became friends, after learning that they were both geniuses and bonding over being much smarter than everyone else)

Joaquin met some more of Luna´s relatives. Her vampire step-mum 0M5Kj6L.png
    Joaquin: "What a nice set of fangs you have, miss Lilith:"
    and her weird vampire step-uncle, who proceeded to throw a temper tantrum at breakfast table, fuOp45f.png
    PP3DT3y.png
    b4OnNSK.png
    4wWFtAf.png
    before taking a calming bath at their bathroom. What a charmer! Z1M7B8b.png

Football practice V26eJLo.png
    Wow, Joaquin, how muscular you are...not 9zaWEhK.png
    Homework, sans pants. L0KDh8j.png
    Playing violin at the bathroom, as one does AijImr4.png
    Being a responsible adult bUOyDor.png

As time went by, it became clear that Joaquin´s crazy matched Luna´s perfectly, so it came to a surprise to absolutely no one that they fell in love. GrYFZ07.png
    (And what brings more views than a good love story?)
    k6qnXwU.png
    frzwDBN.png

Luna threw a dinner party to share the happy news with her family, minus Emma, who had not felt like coming. 1C1wH7p.png
    uYfamnj.png
    Z0LXRA0.png
    mEqkvAL.png
    xGrsVSx.png
    Hugo was kind of unhappy, because he hates strangers - why can´t his siblings consider with him for once and date people he already knows? qXqozQb.png
    Mariana was able to get to know her sister at last IeLe6tR.png

Luna and Joaquin had a small wedding at their backyard, with a rather unenthusiastic Dianna as the only quest 2ZnurNN.png
    kJiNtbQ.png
    pyfKYEy.png

Luna, who had started a semester earlier than Joaquin, graduated from university d5QPw5z.png
    SvpBKPt.png
    Luna: "The plum are you doing here, Sergio? I never saw you in any of the classes." (It´s worth mentioning that at that point, Sergio had already remarried once more, this time to Darling Walsh. He has an interesting taste in women.)
    As it was her last time in univerity, Luna decided that she might as well try out everything it has to offer xh5Pa1H.png
    e1Hbnqu.png
    vWwFIUQ.png
    vy4fQvz.png
    That´s all from Luna for now. With the help of her acting degree, she scored herself a highly-paid job in acting career and is now a famous actress.

Meanwhile at Lilith´s house
    Max hung out with his best friend Orange, who is totally not spending time alone with his mom behind his back nqJyMaY.png
    Mariana was mad about something 2QV3xci.png
    Raphael was a good brother and made Max cry with his violin skills vBQ2OIv.png
    Max spent some quality time with his mom q8eaNQn.png
    And shared some evil fantasies with his girlfriend DcEblHT.png
    Caleb spent some time with his nieces and nephews kdYPSk9.png
    lyi7Z5M.png
    Mariana had a birthday. She is a good, unflirty and aspires to be a party animal 6NkCfGm.png
    EBMblaJ.png

Max tried to learn how to cook, Ampjyz2.png
    but instead learnt an important lesson: knives are sharp A7b5hgX.png
    Who could have quessed? OyTqKyF.png
    "Dear diary, I am never going to touch a knife again. Those things are dangerous."Ow5rAz8.png

One more business to attend to... uCXdYmN.png
    ysTpDXX.png
    0ZqGi4a.png
    OsOCV6b.png
    SwGHz6T.png
    GKvRSqd.png
    Who´s the big bad vampire now?

To celebrate, Max called Laena and together they broke into Vlad´s house. Nothing gets you into the mood better than some cold-blooded murder XecgNDV.png
    lqf09WR.png
    3Sykh1v.png
    9p6GgmE.png
    We are leaving the lovebirds for now, as there are other stories to tell, but we´ll see them again soon.

Part 2 coming soon!
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited January 2021
    A day in the life of Marisol Flex
    I8jS3fv.png
    Long time no see! For those not familliar with her: Marisol is the hottest vampire vlogger in town, who hates everyone and everything, with special mentions going to children, her half-sister Esme, who used to say that she looks like Marcus Flex in a drag, and the fact that despite years of hard work, her most succesful vlog to this day is one announcing the sudden and tragic death of her father Don Lothario, who no one but Marisol ever seemed to mourn.
    Growing up with too many needy, annoying siblings to count, including a number of talented, conventionally beautiful sisters, has left her hating children and somewhat estranged from her siblings, who seem to pop out a new baby whenever she blinks. Untill recently, Marisol had used to be close to her brother Kurt, until a near-death experience had inspired him to move to Sulani and become an enviroment activist.
    Kurt says hi! PwyUeL3.png

So here she was, on her own in a big city. Dealing with a child XD8a9mq.png
    Marisol: "You will clean it up or I will eat you!"
    DNUy5Cl.png
    The child: "I am not afraid of you, stupid bat."
    Marisol: "Uggh."

Thankfully not all her new neighbours were that bad. Some weren´t bad at all. AxO5EKx.png
    QmPBhgv.png
    P2YUJ1V.png
    (I am actually impressed, because it really took Marisol just a day to find herself a hot boyfriend, and about 90% of it was her own doing.)

It also happened to be the day when Salim Benali turned into a vampire rRglcRe.png
    yB057wL.png
    Jesminder Bheeda: "Another day in San Myshuno. Nothing to be seen here."
    Special mention to Salim´s game-generated dark form. Warning, it will make your eyes bleed a3VFNSL.png

New adventures of Gideon and Lucille
    While Salim was dealing with his new reality, other people were having much better time. Like for example Gideon Vatore and Lucille Goth, who trusted their two young daughters in the capable hands of their sister Christine and went on a date. (It was finally starting to pay off having spent their twenties looking after their teenage sisters: now they had several people happy to look after Ella and Lexi for a day or two while their parents were spending some alone time.
    Everything was great. 8D9dZzg.png
    bRlPH5A.png
    Until Marcus Flex saw the most beautiful woman he had ever met and would have very much liked to get to know her better P80K5mL.png
    Well, today is not your day, Marcus, because she was already taken znoiVuU.png
    Gideon, appearing next to her: "What´s up?"
    They then proceeded to flirt all over Marcus ONWCq9G.png
    Marcus must have taken the insult to heart, because next I saw him he was having a fistfight with a mermaid (she won, by the way) nZT2HqF.png

As the appearence of a creep neither of them wanted anything to do had ruined the mood a little, the couple decided that it was time for a change of scenery, and as the night was still young, they went to nightclub. Well, hello, Laenor and Evita (Adelise). I am pretty sure that this was the first time she saw him since he was a child. Lucille does not approve absent mothers, having had one herself. Gideon is not sure how to react, as he never had a mother to begin with. 8RGmbGr.png
    Lucille: "Wanna make those random people, whom we have never met before super uncomfortable?"
    ByjU2Ez.png
    Gideon and Lucille: Proceed to woohoo as bats in the middle of a crowded nightclub 01cbSG9.png
    Laenor: is confused. "Is that´s how vampire bats are made?"

"Let´s get drunk while we still can!" Jk5nrWb.png
    Next day: "Great, now I have a hangover." pR29nlg.png
    Ella and Lexi: are sweet (Lexi´s hair got glitched, so it kept changing colours. It´s supposed to be black.) 8HDYFhZ.png
    Maritial hiss otPIiWw.png
    Lucille met some weirdo. mClYz3z.png
    She didn´t invite him in, because said weirdo bore a striking resemblance to her father-in-law, who had gone missing some time ago while travelling abroad with his much-younger wife, Hermione. Lucille suspected that they had likely been eaten by a pit monster, which, given Hermione´s track record, wasn´t all that surprising.

Family dinner, always a bit awkward since most people only eat human food to be polite (the guy in black is Parker, Christine´s boyfriend at that time. They broke up soon afterwards because Parker and her favourite sister Jolene hated each other from the first sight and Christine would always choose family over some man.) HrJ0xDy.pngQZGRs1k.png

Ella 6IAmxxX.png
    and Lexi EdwCwj2.png
    aged up. They are both born vampires.

Ella´s first adventure with make-up SUr5Uns.png
    Maybe it´s better to practice some more before showing up in public 8hhMPCn.png

I love these bedrooms, it took me ages to get them just right FgJLcY5.png0sNW1QV.png

Look, everyone´s favorite wayward child, Jolene. It´s always a pain to get her to show up, because she refuses to leave Sulani.6fLHNKa.png

Lucille decided to visit neighbours to hopefully gather some votes (she is a politician). To this day, I have no idea what Christine was doing there, but whatever it was inspired Alexander to start stalking her from then on. MhY3rFX.pngUYkS8iR.png
    kslN6Lh.png
    Mortimer was happy to vote for her
    SpFXCbE.png
    and got really angry over Alexander declaring himself a socialist. They got into an argument, which ended with Alexander being pretty much disowned EMT2N8R.png
    (The little girl is Annabeth, Mortimer´s and Bella´s youngest child)
    Happy with the vote and generous donation she recieved, Lucille decided to allow her the luxury of taking a swim. Why, Mortimer, I had no idea you were so ripped! SheplC2.png
    As Lucille was starting to get a little creeped out by someone who had once been her grandparents getting all hot and heavy in front of her, she decided to go home, though not before changing Annabeth´s diaper, because everyone else had wandered off to somewhere and the poor kid really needed it. Who says that she does not do a good deed every once in a while? WICSBL1.png

Next time we´ll learn what´s so interesting at Sulani that keeps Jolene occupied 24/7
  • DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Daephene - Thanks! :) I know not much exciting stuff's happening, but maybe once a few kids are teens or until Gen 12.

Originally, I was going to post this tomorrow, but it's going to be my stepdad's birthday.

Update: Chapter Seven: Twins?!
    knNYCkU.png
    Post edited by DarkAngel1994 on
    pw0213q.png?1
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'm building a new house and involving platforms it its construction for the first time.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    edited January 2021
    I didn't post here yet, so, just letting you guys know I'll probably not really be present or posting, or responding to mentions, for about a week or so. I'm still playing, and I'll come back eventually, but my cat just took a sudden nose dive and for his sake, I had to send him to the rainbow bridge yesterday. Not really doing so hot, so. Yeah.
    His name was Zorro, it means fox. I had him since Nov 2014. The apartment complex next door allows pets, but a lot of apartments don't, so it's common for their tenants to move and leave their pets behind. Zorro was one of those. I coaxed him out of the storm drain into the house just before a major snowstorm was going to hit. Unfortunately these street cats don't tend to live very long, they're often prone to getting very sick from living outside for a time when they're kittypets. I guess they don't eat right or have the street savvy, or something. Anyway, I just wanted to talk about him.
    Still reading and leaving awesomes and stuff though. Bryn just took over as regent of the legacy in-game, so we'll be heading into generation 2 soon. Happy Simming and be back in a bit.
    Post edited by Keidra on
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Our favorite interstellar smuggler of exotic botanicals, Fletcher Jones, has saved up enough simoleons to move into this well-known historic Willow Creek home and remake it to her specifications. This is to be a charming home with no criminal activity or suspicious features whatsoever.

Here is the elegant front of the house
    house-front.png

The gracious first floor
    house-floor1.png

The second floor with science lab and greenhouse
    house-floor2.png

The yard with observatory. Nothing is odd or unusual about this yard at all.
    house-yard.png

Nothing at all
    house-nothing-odd.png

Oh, quick trivia though. Since Dusty became Cecily (C name because she's Cyne's twin and technically Drake is the D name, but I'm probably not normally going to count the spouses lol), and I got to looking at her very closely, I realised something.

unknown.png
    Ezio's girls look a heck of a lot like Tess. (This is Tess Dyer straight out of the gallery, all I did was change her skin tone, hair colour, and give her eyebrows.) But they also look a heck of a lot like Ezio, so Ezio and Morgyn thus must look a heck of a lot like Tess, too.

unknown.png
    This is female!Morgyn, mostly untouched. So yes, Ezio and Morgyn also look a heck of a lot like Tess. Either Tess and Morgyn are meant to be related, or one of them was built from the other and either someone got smart and fiddled with one before release, or the switch to male changed some of Morgyn's proportions. If you age Morgyn down and turn him female, and then change him back later, he will look a little bit different (I had to use MCCC to 'fix' Morgyn in the saves where I turned Morgyn female for any period of time after turning him back masculine), so it's entirely possible the gender change messed with him, and Morgyn and Tess are built from the same base.

Anyway, so there's that fun trivia I ran into on accident.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.

• Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    edited January 2021
    My sim of Shirley MacLaine and daughter Sachi. :3 They move into a new house for the filming of Shirley's movie

I80E8RM.jpg

9o70Q8e.jpg

YZeSPs4.jpg

In Japan, I guess they both dislike Sukiyaki lol

Gl4BGwh.jpg

Poor sim Shirley. Light up the fireplace and a minute later a fire started haaaa. Firemen came and extinguished the flames. ^-^

87cu5Vc.jpg

"Mom, you're all burnt up" lol

jlTLwPq.jpg

Then she took a luxurious bath with rose petals

oFrXgHL.jpg

and cucumbers :D

itbEi3K.jpg
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Hello everyone! I hope you are having a good start to January!
    First. My reaction to the new Paranormal Stuff Pack
    bCe7zft.gif
    I am already getting some awesome builds and storylines from that pack!! XD

Then some comments:
    @swansong93 Oh the baby’s a mermaid! That’s exciting:) Mermaids can be a lot of fun to play!
    @metior_ice Its awesome that Calum is so gifted with working with toddlers! I have a sim like that too, Barnaby Morecombe (he’s Joanna’s older half-brother). He is the only one that can get his nephew Maximus to mind him. And I was laughing at your streaking Santa photos XD
    I haven’t played the clingy trait with a toddler yet. I have one toddler that’s silly and he’s a little monster lol and tends to throw the worst temper tantrums!
    Congrats to Zephyr and Dylan graduating:)
    @keidra -I enjoyed your screenshots! And the house you built looks awesome. I like your style design.I like your alternate save idea! I enjoyed watching their interactions
    I am so sorry to hear about Zorro. I am sending many healing thoughts your way!
    @daephene I loved your shot of Forgotten Hollow in the snow! That’s such an underrated world. Its one of my favorites.
    @sofmc9 OMG that Brady Bunch video was awesome!!
    @reddestiny92 I enjoyed your sim family’s Halloween:) Not going to lie, it has to be my favorite Sims 4 holiday. Personally, I can’t wait for the Paranormal Stuff pack! I think its gooing to add so much more to the holiday! :)
    @daravi It looks like your family is enjoying their life, finding new life etc. (I’m currently reading your post on pg 823 as I’m typing) I hope they have many happy moments before the horrendous decade ahead
    Oh no. Poor Anna! :(
    @alexandrea Ok I really enjoyed your post! Micah seems to be an awesome child. And I was chuckling at the idea of Nancy expecting at that age.
    Then when you mentioned Candy showing up in formal wear and McDonald’s XD I also noticed Lilth Vatore was their waitress. And the fight!
    @haneul Thank you for liking my last post! I am so glad that Deli recognized Cabe as the cad he is, even though he is easy on the eyes :) I’m sorry the rest of her evening didn’t go well. I’ve had the same problem with the Island Elementals, nothing my sim does can make them happy :(
    @firande Your ERIADP challenge (every room is a different pack?) house looks awesome! So going to try that challenge soon. I know the Journey to Batuu pack has a bad rep, but the build/build elements are so useful.
    @blueseawaves Thank you for liking my boarding school! I love Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series, he came up with so many wacky characters with awesome backstories and his Susan character is one of my favorites. Also I am loving your story! It looks like Archie and Anna have reunited. I hope Arthur finds out about his biological parents. I hate to think of him living with such heartless foster parents. The poor kid deserves better!
    @becka28 OMG! I was laughing so hard at the screenshots of your simself getting possessed!! LOL XD I may have to try that in another save with mine..Btu her poor guy friend! I had that happen to Griffin in my last save and it literally shocked me when Mom ate him XD
    I loved your update with Quinn and Rohan (may I also say Quinn looks fantastic for having carried 100+ babies!). And they still haven’t tied the knot?! They are such a loving couple and I love seeing all their moments together :) I loved the Take on Me photo reference :) And Quin is definitely a dead ringer for Harket <3
    I have seen sims throwing up constantly at the Spice Festival! I think its when they find the food too spicy.
    @darkangel1994 Your recreation of your Sims 3 Ghosthunters look amazing. I had downloaded Sims 3 ambitions awhile ago and the Ghosthhunter career was one of my favorites!
    @angeliqueadelaide O jeez. Its crazy to hear how Covid is hitting different areas of the world. Covid is bad here in the U.S. too and seems like its getting worse. There aren’t enough vaccinations to go around to those who need it, even medical personnel. :(
    I was laughing at your latest update. LOL! Somehow I do think that Luna and Joaquin are a much better match than Sergio. He is not my favorite sim in all of Windenberg.

Now to what happened in my game! So last time I posted about Joanna and Vincent’s adventures in Strangerville. That was all done with then I started a boarding school. I love playing teens but sometimes the mood swings drive me crazy so I rotate between households. I was switching up between the boarding school and one of my favorite alien families, the Fontenots!
    t4FaDpK.png
    Here’s just the highlights:

The Abandoned Mine (Forgotten Grotto)
    This whole family loves the outdoors and decided to meet with their Oasis Spring Nature club for some fishing and outdoor activities hBCHqpJ.png
    Clint and Rosie broke away from the main group and went for a little hike. Rosie thought it would a fun idea to explore the abandoned mine! Clint had heard a lot about it and wanted to see what was inside. The locals call the Forgotten Grotto. Clint is an alien, and former pollination tech. He works as a space ranger now XEqKvcr.png
    Their hybrid daughter Grace decided to follow along. She’s a hoot 7OKBnKC.png
    Clint forges ahead for his wife and daughter sjwF0GV.png
    They finally make their way into the caverns m8oHZ4n.png
    Lol. I don’t think they were overly impressed. Clint was ready to go home hY8d57C.png

Uncle Trey and Aunt Vivienne's New House!!
    Clint’s younger sister and famous actress, Vivienne, has lived with them for years. She helped take care of her brother and sister-in-law’s 3 children after her own son Vincent grew up and left home to join the military. No they aren't taking advantage of her, Clint acted as a father figure for Vincent, his nephew, since he lived with them before reuniting with Rosie. Vivienne met Trey O’Malley on set at one of her acting gigs. They recently married and bought their own house. Well, they have been trying for a baby since they met. Neither are spring chickens and wanted to start on their family before both of them were too old. Poor Viv was always devastated everytime she got a negative pregnancy test. Until...ZC2yZIT.png
    We’re having a baby!! eIEXRDa.png
    Trey was so happy GuNA9eB.png
    Vivenne had an acting gig a few days later. She decided to stick with commercials for now during her pregnancy tv5T6kI.png
    She told her best friend Addielyn Wood about the pregnancy tRVoWYD.png
    And finished up her shoot for the day yyAZ1EV.png

Uncle Trey
    Trey is hilarious. He’s always cheerful and clumsy. I have never seen a sim set himself on fire more then him p4Tqu8Q.png
    Or wander through Rosie’s herbal remedy garden and get in fireleaf poison ivy kDa6Xn9.png
    ITCHY!! Ca1r6Vj.png
    I tested their genetics in CAS a few times and really wanted them to have kids. They are going to be beautiful!! I wanted them to multiply quickly, I’m afraid Trey may not have a long life span with his clumsy trait lol.

Moving Back
    Well, Vivienne is family oriented and was missing her brother and sister-in-law and niece and nephews. She was constantly sad and crying. I suspect it might be hormones but it was so depressing, I moved them back in. Clint breaks the news to his wife Rosie. 5Nq2JOq.png
    Well Vivenne had some news for them! The look on Rosie’s face vUtRiSP.png
    Clint and Rosie already have a baby in the house, that’s going to make it 2!! LuoQYmS.png
    Clint’s face when Vivienne broke the news 4lBDtys.png
    Wait...What!? mNr3RJu.png
    LOL

Pregnancy Blues
    Vivenne tried to stay active. It had been a really long time since her last pregnancy. I have pregnancy set to 14 days in my game. So I was dropping in on them ever so often. X5kgrBf.png
    But she was having the worst time with morning sickness. It followed her well into the second trimester
    1kP4D6x.png
    The backaches cxTLYK5.png
    Rosie had an idea. She asked about Viv’s symptoms. She’s had 3 pregnancies herself and knows full well how difficult they can be Y9i9KDd.png
    She brews up a homemade remedy for nausea DB3jjkJ.png
    It worked! Q1BuI6O.png

Work and Family Life
    Rosie works as a botanist in the gardening career. I love to select the work from home option because I downloaded an awesome rework of the Oasis Spring Park from the Gallery. Its been converted into a Nature Conservation Center. I send her there to finish her Work From Home duties. XZ2E0Em.png
    Her 2 older children, Gage and Grace, come here and complete their homework etc. after school. 1rvXLC2.png
    Clint is surprisingly a good cook. He made dinner that day, even after working all day as a space ranger. 7zHazSw.png
    Rosie appreciates it a lot. I swear I love this couple so much, all their romance interactions are autonomous UdrIzvk.png
    Rosie also has a massive experimental garden she keeps at the house RfbFN05.png
    And urban apiary for her bees. Clint loves to pester her:) ZF6aBAb.png
    And just got into juicing! 0ekeImd.png
    She had one particularly bad day at work though. After researching a few spiced plants EFibBOO.png
    She started working on a research grant when this crazy vampire lady came in and started complaining about sunlight like it was Rosie’s fault. N1CKmrr.png Then why are you wondering around during the day in a desert town?! She got so distracted, her grant request was denied RKj1IbW.png
    She vented to Clint when she got home uBURufX.png

Visitors
    They had a few visitors come over later that evening. Gage’s friend Miles Feng popped over to hang out. q2EUKAT.png
    I guess Miles was complaining about boarding school! He’s in that particular household :)
    49Z8mdt.png
    Vivenne had another visitor, her daughter-in-law Joanna lT2rkaU.png
    Joanna congratulates her mother-in-law on her pregnancy 0UEfLFh.png

Go Time!
    I popped back into their household a few sim days after playing the boarding school. She’s definitely in her 3rd trimester. She has one last gig. A lucrative tv show where she plays a police officer. Vivienne wanted to get this in the bag. She’s feeling better and thinks she has quite a time before she to she goes into labor. In all honesty, Vivienne isn’t too sure when her due date is (because I forgot the day of conception-sorry Viv) She gets into wardrobe 12EPeye.png
    Maybe if they film her from a specific angle, she can hide the pregnancy?
    Maybe lol...O5XtppI.png
    she performs several scenes 8OzOTHF.png
    They have one more shoot to go before the end of the day, when her contractions begin. I was surprised! I thought she had one more day to go...J4lWCK1.png
    She powers through the final shoot rrFfWjx.png
    And heads home for the birth. I twirl her into something more comfortable. She was miserable 54oi03V.png
    Rosie was there for moral support because Trey was panicking. I went ahead and clicked on Give birth on the bassinet. UPuOU81.png
    Its a boy! 2aMiVXu.png
    Trey was hiding behind the wall. Clint congrats his brother-in-law on the new arrival! 66lPqaA.png
    Viv’s needs were in the red so Rosie took care of the baby while the new mother was eating and heading to bed for some much needed rest 9yb2TKX.png
    Based on the cry and on the interaction when Rosie viewed him (the Its so....cute? Interaction on the bassinet). We have another alien! You're one to talk Rosie, you have 2 kids who are aliens! Anyway the little guy's name is Kevin O’Malley.
    Eedyfel.png
    I may have been binge watching Callmekevin on youtube at the time lol
    Till next time!!

• DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    @sarabeth2984

I try not to think about it, but year only the thought about it give me a cold shiver. The only positive message (for me) is after Germany is completely destroyed, I will have peace for almost the rest of the challenge.

1930 - 1931

Time to moving houses. The family decided to sell almost all their belongings and just keep the memorials, their saving were already melting. Luckely Wilhelm have found in du of his connection a new position as medical specialist in a different country. Although he now earned less, but it was still better than the unemployment.
    When the weekend arrived, they were read to move.
    One last knitting.

vC75Q4S.png

And then it's time to say Goodbye Germany.

unrlcsz.png

The travel and land buying costs and the retroactive Reichs Flight tax melted their wealth completely down. When they arrived at their new home they saw only a tropical forest.

iGCJOFw.png

But the architect and the construction worker arrived soon and helped them to build temporary shelters.

ys14ws4.png
    FBpWYTU.png
    prHmMoe.png

Here is the building process over the "months" until now, because it's still in progress. The house itself is inspired from the Beit Liebling house in Tel Aviv, it was the Baushaus era.
    OiF4Kbn.pngpzjAXGX.png

T3KokxR.png2B1Qvuc.png

aOh4yF1.pngk3b07M0.pngd2xs3pm.png

This weather isn't helpful for them.
    JCYec1v.png
    RAZxUaM.png8ril2cn.png

Blossoming Johanna was very skeptical when she met the apprentice Alfred, 17 years old. He had immediately a crush on her.
    vxckHng.png

She was kidding me, I had to stop them. Girl, we take the standard route, understood? :#

uYW1ELP.png

That's right.

qDTqDoT.png

Anna, oh my dear Anna, for a single and lovin' it you are very hungry for love.
    Baby girl Christel was born but Anna was overwhelmed with the new responsibility, so mama Luisa had to step in.

9WklGH2.png
    mAIxjRl.png

Baby Christel liked the young architect Heinrich Köhler.

69sVCrw.png

jQ2FJZp.png

Rxw7byw.png

Heinrich aswell fell deeply in love with Anna. He was indirectly told what was happened and earnt slowly her trust.
    (haha, I'm kidding, it was very fast, I had to stopped them too.)

2WYigY0.png
    E0n0GkO.png
    QP3pYu7.png

They spent their free time together, avoiding to be seen by the family.
    4UNBprS.pngIoJMdwL.png00D1m1R.png

Unaware I left both alone to check after the other family members, when suddenly the proposal message popped up. Obviously Anna said yes.
    hMU3yPo.png
    3HnCD14.png
    And we had christmas eve, with no money in the wallet the presents were very humble.

IPwR2St.png

Poor sleepy Christel got her present later.
    oznP6re.png
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Hel moved in with her new boyfriend, Magnus, and they threw a house warming party.

iQIrNPg.png

Hel introduces Magnus to her grandfather, while her Auntie in law fumes about something (seriously, so many Sims turned up to the party either angry or flirty)

9F78ZnD.png

Meanwhile, upstairs, Samael and Jayda discuss Hel and Magnus' offer to move into their spare room. They decide to accept.

8d9AC22.png

Dullahan is introduced to one of Hel's co-workers, and they hit it off.

cxVLWAJ.png

9eVn3Au.png

Bad luck if anyone was due at work anytime soon, it's 5 am and the last diehards are keeping the party going.

JNaDJ7A.png

The following evening Dullahan asks Shana on a date.

blotVPP.png

MJehMtO.png

The date goes well...

bv8suQ5.png

really well...

jIL3LIS.png

really, really well!

CocjkrO.png

97wxMkD.png
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Daephene I was curious to see what colour the alien baby would turn out as well, she seems to have changed colour though when she aged up (blue as a toddler & now purple as a child (although sometimes she switches back to green, so might a Sims glitch). And yes Grim's family is rather large (it doesn't help that his wife is constantly daydreaming about nappies, and he keeps wanting to try for a baby LOL). Current living Reaper kids are Dahlia, Erishkigal, Cerise, Artemis, Makaria, Ankou, Cerridwen, Daeria, Kore, Lilitu, Inanna, Samael, Hades, Thanatos, Dulahan and Aken; current living grandkids are Vanth, Ophelia, Hel, Jade and Caitlyn. :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

edited January 2021
    @sarabeth2984 I'm glad you are enjoying the story.

The clingy toddler trait isn't too bad. They learn faster while learning from their parents. This means they can develop that thinking skill that helps them behave and take care of themselves faster.

I'm also extremely excited about the new pack.

For the rotation cycle, I will probably be removing the service sims household from the cycle. It seems that Sims that perform certain roles in game will be exempt from death.

Ny final decision has not been made yet.

I admit that I'm lazy and don't want to retrain employees for retail and etc.
    Ember is definitely getting the middle chid treatment. Until she becomes a teen, I can't think of a lot of stuff to do, and her younger siblings, the earth elemental toddlers, are stealing the attention.

I've got responses to posts in mind, and I'll be sharing them as soon as i have time.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited January 2021
    @mightysprite , @PriestessBizarre and also Sarabeth and Daephene - Tank you for the Aha/ Morten appreciation. I felt a little bad after I posted it because I worried I was being too personal but I should have known there was a lot of 80s love on the thread from other people's posts. And it sparked a lot of joyful memories for me (which we all need in times like these). Whenever I go to a retro nightclub I always ask the DJ for Take on Me - so it has years of memories for me not just the 80s.

@Daephene Thank you for your lovely compliment on my build and on Travis. I like to build things that are playable and as my computers have all been laptops I am very conscious of lag from clutter. The Build and SHare challenge ones are probably the least practical ones as they have to follow the competition rules and are more about pure building skills than playability. I don't blame you for mixing up he sims - I do it all the time as there are too many good stories on here that I cant keep it all straight (plus Rohan considers himself Dad to all the kids anyway so he acts like he had them most of the time.)

@Metior_Ice I love the dolphin character and interactions in your story. Your phrase about taking your two feet and leaving was very clever (as it was delivered by a merman - it really jumped out at me).Plus you used the name Haych - my cousin named his boy Haych and we had never heard it before - though he assures me it is more well known in the US it isnt really here (Australia) and the family is always having to explain its a real name and not a nick name. It was nice to see someone else use it. ALso thanks for the detailed how to customise a butler instructions - very helpful.

@AngeliqueAdelaide nice to see you posting again - I am about a page behind so I will have to catch up with your updates. Hope your midterms went well.

@sarabeth2984 I wrote you a big comment and then deleted it all :( why am I such a duffer??) Ihad just moved the rest of the comments so everything else was copied except yours. I was saying I am excited about the Paranormal pack too - especially CAS/ Build things but also Bonehilda and Guidry. I wish the lot trait could be commercial lots too but its a specific lot type like a tiny home. Oh well it is just a stuff pack.

Love the update - I am unipressed with the secret lots too! I wish they had some game play feature or secret sims to meet or had a surprise bar or restaurant or similar in them - then they would be worthwhile discovering and more people would use them. I liked the looks on Clint and Rosie's faces over the pregnancy announcements LOL. And my simself is a clumsy sim but doesn't seem such a disaster zone as Trey hahahaha
    And you said the magic words CAllmeKevin <3<3<3 I love his channel

Finally - Quin is very lucky with his genes - all Nancy's boys are tiny and never put on weight so having Malcolm for a Dad really helps him - and this was his mother just before conceiving Quin (her last of 38 babies). I don't know much about Thomas Jabari his other grandfather (DU elder premade - but he doesn't seem to give sims pear shaped genes so that is good.)
    F6RXjbq.png
    His grandmother was tiny too
    1JYitll.png
    although she blew up a little bit on her last 2 pregnancies (and she made it over the 40 children mark)
    UU0xm8g.png

@DarkAngel1994 I love Kameron and Ryu. I am very intrigued by the paranormal pack but I am not sure I have sims for it at present. Anyhow, I still haven't done much of Island living and not started Snowy Escape at all. I love that Kameron was a werewolf and that is something I would still love for sims 4. I must say your sims looked great in Sims 3 - I was never a fan of how the sims normally look in that pack so never really played it but your sims are some of the nicest I have seen.

@ACruelButLovingGod I like the dual graveyard idea. In my latest save the game lost my sixth generation heirs urn - grrr, I love a dishonoured grave yard - mostly I just sell or delete random sims headstones but this is a better idea.

Quin & Rohan
    previous
    University is in its final term. Rohan has only one subject and Quin has 3 (thanks to his suspension - they would have finished the previous term if not for that!)
    pcsHiUp.png
    I think this looks painful but takes considerably less time and mental energy then contributing knowledge by writing a thesis so I think I would rather be a sim in this instance.
    SsFhued.png
    And with this Rohan has nearly achieved the DU aspiration except for graduating and getting a job. I hate how long the tutoring others aspiration goal takes. Poor Quin hung around campus like a lost puppy waiting for Rohan on tutoring days.
    Rohan loves Larry.
    LBISMCy.png
    But then Larry refuses to be nice to Quin and loses all Rohan's respect. (Larry is probably still peeved that the guys quit the soccer team but it made them miserable 24/7 and wasn't worth it).
    IEtkSOa.png
    Rohan loves Quin - that's all that matters to Quin.
    dM0aFJZ.png

Fame is a double edged sword
    All my famous sims get mobbed where ever they go - including Quin
    h1RRbzU.png
    He is always ambivalent about the attention.
    dczLH8R.png
    The paparazzi are very annoying
    BmyW7bT.png
    and persistent - plus I am rather concerned about just what part of his anatomy the camera is aiming at here!
    IVO7TFd.png
    And its bad enough that Wolfgang is a bitter stalker..
    c2vmVbn.png
    But Ekram is now doing the same thing.
    sr6fxF6.png
    They don't let it bring them down though....
    hR0vrUx.png
    Although I think that maybe their singing leaves a lot to be desired - normally the fans cheer everything a celebrity does but this guy looks very unimpressed
    6MaX9XY.png
    A very passionate kiss - is this trustworthy engagement triggering lot going to work???
    5sDnCRg.png
    hey stood still like it was going to happen but then Baako Jang was annoying and the moment was over (another reason that I am not sorry Baako died from rage in my other save and my angry sim just stood and laughed at his death)
    fICf8xg.png

There was a famous guest performing much more tunefully at the karaoke (thanks to @Koteyka )
    It was Tony Stark - who is actually Quin's step-father but he is not famous enough so Tony won't speak to him :(
    9I7NETG.png

Youngest child visits
    As usually they start the day in their own lovey dovey way - running through the romance interactions autonomously (I think this is compliment appearance)
    dQj0KtA.png
    Picton Ngata - the youngest child (son of Tane Ngata) came to visit - Rohan adores Picton almost as much as his own daughter Julia.
    QljiFgT.png
    So it was table tennis time.
    8DLmhP3.png
    Picton inherited his Dad's poor loser tendancies I think ..
    VUDN2s1.png
    Thankfully, he cheers up quickly.
    4XYiDg6.png
    But then Rohan decides to challenge Quin to juice pong.
    isiHeJE.png
    yzPkclb.png
    Once again Quin doesn't do very well
    ySiiEor.png
    tYtJxkG.png
    and Rohan is extremely aggressive about winning..
    6OIv1Hp.png
    Its the first time I have seen them be really upset at each other
    GfljKR9.png
    and Quin gets up early next morning to study ??!! autonomously and there is no flirting. :(
    T5nxKwt.png

What happens next...
    Quin goes upstairs to record a blog and Rohan follows him up and apologises
    Hj2lyjF.png
    Things get autonomously romantic again..
    VUBbOGf.png
    oI3jbvX.png
    Just love the break the fourth wall look Quin is giving here LOL -
    54ZuZbH.png

And then they passed their final exams and were waiting on their results so I let them go to the posh restaurant to celebrate
    gEFDYTB.png
    Its really hard to get game play from these two guys because all they want to do is flirt and kiss etc - it looks like the NPC chef is rolling her eyes at them
    01w4dFC.png
    Their waiter was Koteyka's Thor - I thought this was a good omen for romance.
    CxlYitT.png
    They had a nice time........
    9WUElUa.png
    a very romantic nice time...
    g2r1bDy.png
    tMGaOsm.png
    wrfPxA8.png
    I was getting very excited when... this sim decided to share his midlife crisis with them and utterly ruined the moment
    7ipoAWq.png

At home
    They came home in quite a good mood....
    wCat9D1.png
    I love both their faces in this shot but more importantly - Quin now has the get engaged whim too. They just have different priorities to me obviously.
    WZ86eUL.png
    I think this is my favourite shot of the two of them and I am so angry that I left the mouse over Rohan so he is highlighted which ruins it a little. Normally I check my shots but for some reason I missed this.
    EI5gtIK.png
    Anyway next update they will graduate and go on holidays and get ready for after uni life :)

Finally Max Villareal was very very in love with Quin
    - I have never seen Max so soft and vulnerable so I put Viktor-Nils - Jessica and Bjorn's son, in the save to cheer him up .It worked like a charm as Max seems to click with him in any save. Max totally forgot Quin and was happy. In their original save Max is older and seems to gaslight Viktor a lot but in this save I made Viktor older and it seems to balance them better.
    5vJsRYb.png
    I dropped in to check on them and MCC let me know Max had a surprise for Viktor. One visit to the bathroom and....
    Max had some excellent news for Viktor (Max called Viktor and wouldn't get off the loo - Max is still Max I suppose)
    yiEd08a.png
    Viktor jumped up and down and air punched on finding out he was going to be a father
    C0BKAEq.png
    And I went back and checked later and they had a little boy (who just wouldn't co-operate with screenshots - obviously Max's child)
    yTII7D8.png

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    I've got four people living in that caravan park in Strangerville. There's only three sleeping surfaces and two computers and one washing machine and washing line.

One's in the Military career, one's a Covert Agent, one's a Freelance Writer (one-star), one's a Tech person (who is also a Spellcaster but can't learn anything because it's frikkin' Strangerville).

They're Uncomfortable and Dirty almost all of the time because there's no space. I probably need a better build.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    @sarabeth2984 congrats on the nuboo. All these updates on the acting career make me excited to see what happens when Dylan and Zeph pursue acting. My favorite fame perk is the career hopper, especially for the sims I want to do several different things with.

I felt like the abandoned mine was pretty cool when I got there, but it definitely would be nice if there was more to do there, maybe something unique that gets unlocked from visiting,

@Becka28 I added a celebrity space to the Foxbury Commons for when the Twins start to maintain a higher celebrity status. Right now, they are maintaining a one star celebrity status.

And, congrats on the nuboo. The male pregnancies are a little weird for me, but it can definitely be helpful when you are doing the 100 baby or Legacy Challenge. Despite how unusual it is, I definitely think it's functional if no other options are available.

Fin is Dylan's best ocean friend. I'd expect to see more of him.

Haych is the name he was given by the game. A lot of my newest sims were townies.

I'm happy the butler guide was helpful. It should work for making other occult butlers. Denis has been very helpful, but I've also been making the toddlers go to him for help as a way of "training" him to help take care of the kids.

@Daravi I love the construction site idea. For the 5 other mermen, and somewhat Lir, I'm doing a rags to riches style of gameplay for them. Lir will have Chieftain Whiskers to live with. I have not forgotten that Mayor Whiskers won the lottery and pretty much secured the Zalrian's financial status after building his manor in Sulani.
    @Daephene
    I hear that a lot, that whole "My Sims do what I want them to," thing. I'm a strange player in my circle I've figured out, but what makes me fall in love with a Sim is how they interact in the game, the things they choose to do. I suspect it has something to do with my being a writer before being a Sims player. My job isn't to decide their story, it's just to translate their babbling. ... even if their babbling is irritating. -_-

This is probably how I say "My Sims are making me mad," and my friends look at me strange. It's like, they're Sims, Kendra, just make them do what you want. Yeah... too much effort I guess. What's really funny is how I hate chaotic gameplay. I won't strictly control everything because I like the spontaneity and enjoy seeing what they choose to do, but if they choose to do certain things, I have a meltdown and get stressed out.

No one said I make any sense. xD

@sarabeth2984
    Thank you! I may end up rebuilding it but for now it works pretty well. Actually now that I'm down to three Sims, it's too big, but in the wrong ways. xD Like, I want a bigger dining room and kitchen, but we have so much bedroom? I'm just going to need more room later, so I suppose I'll leave it alone.

Oooh, though I *was* thinking a kitchen-dining combination with a breakfast bar would be neat. ... yeah idk. What I want changes almost as often as my shirt does. xD

---

Thanks to everyone else for the well-wishes and good vibes. Unfortunately we lost a second cat the next day. That one was very old and terminal, the timing was just bad. I'm still sad, but, I shouldn't wallow in sadness forever, so I'll be doing an update in a minute. A lot's happened in my game the last three days.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

@Keidra I have to chime in. I definitely agree with you on the sims doing stuff and getting stressed from it. Speaking of which, I shouldn't be giving toddlers so much freedom, but they do the most spontaneous stuff when you do.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top