Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited September 2020
    I’ll try to respond to everyone later, but as for a quick update, I’ve been trying to kill Dylan and Zephyr for the Legacy Story, but they’ve proven very difficult to kill. I made them that way.

They thrive in extreme hot and cold temperatures, getting struck by lightning multiple times gives them extra abilities, they have the shameless trait, so they will never die from being mortified. They have the naturalist trait so they are immune to death by fire. Their emotional control trait makes death by enraged or hysterical a challenge. Zephyr can rant logically to reduce his anger, and Dylan can pull out a Guitar or Violin to play with his emotions.

I’ve managed to get both of them enraged, but Zeph pulls out the book he borrowed and his emotions get back under control. Apparently, Dylan borrowed a book too and starts reading. Getting them to stay angry long enough may require having control over their behaviors.

Anyways, the Darkfins are like the harmless comical villains. Volcana got caught in Damion’s anger pulse and died from rage. She simply had the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I wonder how many Townies will be killed unintentionally before Damion Acquires Dylan and Zeph’s urns.
    edited September 2020
    The Broken World Saga

Restoring the World Legacy

When Dylan entered the temple, the Island of Mua Pel'am had succumbed to a sickly fog and the Elemental Temple reflected the change in Mua Pel'am. Dylan placed the Tome of the Wayfarer's Tide and the Tome of the Wayfinder's Breeze inside the Crescent Moon Shrine. This shrine hidden in the Temple Catacombs was the only place untouched by whatever plagued the islands, a Sanctuary spared by the shadows.

[img][/img]50332452661_2b5ed85a4a_b.jpg317058b0-f3e8-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Back at the Wayfinder's Atoll, Zephyr was investigating the shadow that plagued the island. He found a corruption spreading from Mua Pel'am to the other islands. The other islands hadn't succumbed to the fog but even the most pristine island was experiencing a steady decline into that poor state. On the beach, the demon responsible attacked Zephyr. The fight sent bursts of red shockwaves as the Vampire and Merman sparred.

[img][/img]50332452736_9a5e7109e7_b.jpg52c2b230-f44a-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr managed to escape the fight, but before he could warn his twin, the Vampire sped up to him and drank deeply. Weakened, Zephyr collapsed to the ground.

[img][/img]50332617922_295a44a754_c.jpg3516a5f0-f44c-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The Vampire fled the scene of his attack and invaded the Elemental Temple. He ambushed Dylan and overwhelmed him with corruptive rage. Shortly after, Dylan's heart succumbed and he fell to the floor. His Elemental Spirit trapped inside an Urn was collected by the Vampire. Upon Dylan's fall, every island across Sulani began to suffer an increase in volcanic and tectonic activity.

[img][/img]50331810908_74c146fd17_b.jpg2344b030-f495-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr raced into the temple to try and save his brother, but he came face to face with the Vampire.

Damion: "Your brother didn't reveal the location of the Tomes. I've obtained his spirit, but I can't control his power. Tell me where the tomes are? I can't sense their power."

Dazed, Zephyr could barely reply: "Like I'll tell you."

Zephyr felt the corruption of rage seep into his heart. He wouldn't tell the monster that took his brother from him anything.

[img][/img]50332618022_315faa3418_b.jpg007e55e0-f497-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Damion: "If you won't tell me, I'll capture your spirit. I'll make sure you never see your brother again, and I'll take all the time in the worlds searching the islands for my prize. I will control your power, and I will rule the islands with it."

Zephyr: "I may fall now, but know this, a curse will be placed on the Islands. The curse will ensure that you never find what you seek."

Damion: "Then, I'll have to find someone else to do the dirty work for me. I'm done talking to you."

As soon as Zephyr hit the ground, Damion could feel the curse flood across the islands. There were isolated places close to the sea that did not fall under the curse. He intended to begin his search there. He had an eternity to hunt down the tomes.

[img][/img]50332452521_74c33a1751_h.jpgfa88a680-f497-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Damion: "Zephyr, my word is good if nothing else. I'll use a ward that will prevent others from taking you from here. They will have to gather simple shells and collect more than most before they can touch your spirit. You'll be trapped here, an island away from your brother. You're nothing but a relic, so I hope you enjoy your stay in this museum."

[img][/img]50331770193_0abf87d299_h.jpgf26baa50-f498-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Damion: "Dylan, I can sense in your spirit an affinity for music. Only someone with incredible musical talent will be able to break my wards. I'll leave you here to watch the pristine beauty of this island decay. In your current state, you will be powerless to change anything."

[img][/img]50332617962_45db84a00f_c.jpg814b97d0-f499-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Not long after sealing the twins, the islands changed in dramatic ways. The people of Sulani became consumed with an urge to break out into fights. Technology, electricity, and water became unreliable. Volcanic and tectonic activity made it difficult for the facilities to provide clean water and power to homes. The islands themselves slowly developed a fog that seemed to come from Mua Pel'am. Without the twins, the islands and the spiritual energies that made them a virtual paradise was broken. The vampire would endure the plague he brought the islands until he could control the twins' power. Once he controlled them, he would make them restore his kingdom. The islands should be a place fit for an immortal.

Corrupted Mua Pel'am
    Caldora Eco Center

[img][/img]50332452761_afba4370d4_k.jpg35e00a80-f3ca-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Wayfinder's Atoll

[img][/img]50331770318_286035a5b3_k.jpg144c2cf0-f4a1-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The Elemental Temple

[img][/img]50332452596_9a1ffc1896_k.jpg02cdae10-f3dc-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr
    Corrupted Ohan'ali Town
    The Sand Bar

[img][/img]50331770388_5013095a73_k.jpg5ce886e0-f3be-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Ohan'ali Surf Bar

[img][/img]50332452531_ce899e9615_k.jpga6a7bd70-f3c1-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Tangled Grove (Home to Bartending Guy)

[img][/img]50332617847_a85c518054_k.jpgd0db0b90-f3c3-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Lagoon Look (Damion's Lair)

[img][/img]50332452646_373109ff39_k.jpga43b7100-f3c4-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr
    Corrupted Lani St. Taz
    Mariana Shores (An Empty Home)

[img][/img]50332452636_5d7b2c1c08_k.jpgc312f400-f3b9-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Nautilus Lagoon

[img][/img]50332452706_a1d4045309_k.jpg1504a760-f3b8-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Aquarius Atoll (The Darkfin Siblings' Lair)

[img][/img]50332452676_e0975bd6d6_k.jpg23840fc0-f3bc-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Extras:
    Ember and Dancing

Smug Damion
    Even Vlad questioned his friendship with him after he killed the twins.

[img][/img]50331770133_a03a09b13e_h.jpg2344b030-f495-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

A Unique Trait
    Aparently, only one of the Darkfin Siblings has a unique hidden trait. All six were originally created at the same time using CAS genetics with Volcana as the original. Apparently, the Kleptomaniac of the bunch (forget her name) (Edit: the screenshot had her name. It's Sarah.), has a fear of earthquakes, and I think the only reason I discovered this was because of the tectonic activity from the Volcanic Activity and Quake Zone Traits. This fear must be a hidden trait a sim has a chance of getting after being made in CAS. All of her siblings have the evil trait, so all of them became happy because she's tense.

[img][/img]50332617817_76ec1c616f_k.jpg11be9250-f4a3-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Post edited by Metior_Ice on
    @AlwaysAsking While it's unfortunate to have the family history, it has been very manageable for everyone that ends up with it. So that's a blessing.

@sarabeth2984

The Twins can perform the Judgement Island Elementals Perform. I'm grateful that the Child of the Islands Trait is not common in the game. It doesn't matter if a sim is in the household or not. If a sim has that trait, the twins will autonomously pass judgement. Even though Nalani is free to do whatever she wants in the game, the twins always deny her connection.

On a side note, I think the thing that makes Island Elementals special ghosts is the Sulani Mana Trait.
    edited September 2020
    Looking back, the twins require a lot of effort to kill. The vampire in question has max vampire levels and extra skills he shouldn't normally have. Despite his vampire skills and levels, he requires vampiric strength to win a fight against the twins. He has the skill that lets him use less energy when using his abilities, and he still wouldn't be able to tip them past the emotional threshold without cheating his needs. When he denies their hunger need, the twins still have two sim days to recover before death. I'm doing a good job developing them when it takes a majorly cheated vampire master to kill them.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @Lyrie

Great updates, they seemed to have a great time by
    the beach.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @DoodlyDoofus have you ever considered getting sprinklers in that house? Just sayin' XD Also, the only Star Wars content I will accept.

@Daephene thank you! The green-yellow swatches on the SV items pretty much guided the whole thing!

@sarabeth2984 man I would so visit Risa over Batuu XD I love how they're just wandering around dressed as total tourists! "Meanwhile Joanna introduced herself to Honda Civic. Or whatever his name is" It's Honda Civic now!

But yeah, man, it's so weird. So your vampire celebs can't feed on anyone or use plasma packs because their inventory gets wiped, but hey, at least they made some fangirls faint! Who even programmed this?!

(Sabacc, by the way! And okay, I will also accept this Star Wars content, but only because I like your Sims ;D )

@Koteyka ayyy! I saw that you already got TL, going to get any other packs? Also, regarding the twins, does Sarah have Turner syndrome? AFAIK that's one of the few times you can have male-female 'identical' twins - the ova is fertilised with an XY... I don't know if I can say the word here, a male gamete. During cell division, only the X part is duplicated in one of the twins, resulting in a typical XY boy, and a girl with Turner syndrome (45,X, so basically she only has the single X chromosome instead of XX). Genetics are fun.

First steps! Great job, kiddos! Ooh boy Ianto is gonna be a handful XD;; ...Timeskip! :o "Eventually it evolved to my mother giving birth in a completely unsanitised ocean within dolphins and sharks and me being swept away by a wave right as I was born, with my godfather, Thor, saving me from my inevitable perish." Oh my god XD Oh man poor li'l Ianto :( I'm glad he has his grandparents to help out, and big sister Rhi. "And I mean... the fact that I'm here, talking to you, just proves it, doesn't it?" Ohhh boy I have a bad feeling about this XD;;
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I've almost caught up on comments. :)

@RedDestiny92 (p761) Lydia's features do seem to really work, especially given Maranda's talent for pulling unpleasant faces. I see that Alissa inherited the family nose. I'm curious about her reaction to her dad, does she have serious reasons to dislike not forgive/her father?

@Becka28
    (p761, 764) Congrats on finishing the 100 babies challenge. Lucia is baby 100? She's a fitting end to the challenge. I love how she has her parent's curly blonde hair.

Quin and Rohan are so cute together. Hopefully, Quinn can also learn to find the humor in Rohan's jokes.

Morgyn is hilariously inappropriate with his nonstop flirting.

(p765) I was really hoping for one of your sims to autonomously propose at the Romance Festival. I've never had any luck with that in an appropriate situation in my game, but I'm still hoping one will happen with my Sims soon, but I don't think it will.

@sarabeth2984
    I hope your back is feeling better!

(p761) A teen (like Darling) staring a fire due to being distracted by taking selfies is something I can readily imagine. It's a shame it's the 5th time? But my teen scout also started a couple fires too.

Too bad Myron's case didn't pan out. I've heard of Seasons causing sims to change their clothes (due to the weather) so that they no longer match the proper descriptions. Could that have happened to Myron?

Myron was able to buy a house! I’m happy he's moved from his apartment. How much was his trust fund?

As for Grace's club chatting instead of doing homework, I think that sounds about right. It's good that she gets to hang out with other kids and has friends.

(p764) I wasn't expecting the proposal! How romantic.

(p768) I like Tobias, but I'm also to hear that Myron is your heir.

I loved the wedding and how considerate of them to have it at night for Vlad.

Things are happening quickly as now there's Miranda. I like how much thought you put into her name.

(p768) Thanks for your comments on my game. Darius' takes after his father's looks and arrogance (slightly), but they're not too similar. None of Asher's children are much like him, except for his 14th child, Dysis (but she's nicer).

@AlwaysAsking
    I'm so sorry about your doctor's appointment, but happy late birthday -- I hope you have decades more and many many healthy ones in your future. I also hope you're able to get enough rest.

(p760) You have a lovely house. I love how you recreated all of the wall photos in the sims version of your home.

(p761) I like the backstory. Max has met his uncle. I love the trip to the toy store and how at first it seemed, to me at least, that Max was going to have Dash wrapped around his finger and cost him a fortune in toys. But then Max lost it and started conceding way too many things -- haha. I love Dash's expressions as Max offers more and more. But I don't know if Max should ever ask Dash for homework help again.

Madeline is lovely. She seems to resemble both parents too, which is cute.

(p764) Thanks for liking Dysis' video. The Simlish "Walking on Sunshine" is on the Summer Strut radio station. It came with Seasons.

(p767) I'm glad to see Ian and Lawrence having fun in the Engagement Park and at the Romance Festival. It's such a beautiful park. I need a park like that in my game too. I may need to send some couples there on a date.

(p770) I love the remodel of Thorne and Don's bedroom. It feels nice, airy and like a fresh start--the photos are great too. I hope that Thorne actually stops worrying and pestering Don about potential revenge, though.

I shouldn't feel annoyed at Thorne because he's obviously going through something, but I wish he would stop. All of his feelings of uneasiness seem like some sort of punishment for his earlier behavior, but I worry that he will mess things up for Don.

As always, thanks for your comments on my post.
    I wonder if he would have beaten the opponent that was supposed to show up. I'm assuming this was a glitch that the other student didn't show?
    I'm actually not sure how the debating is supposed to work. My experiences with Discover University have been quite glitchy - 3 of the 5 young adults enrolled have seriously glitched because of it. But, overall, it works.

I think Darius is going through a very long phase of silliness. His personality wasn't like this when he was a kid. He was thoughtful and quiet.

@sunblond I'm glad that Than was able to marry Elliana. It looks like they had a beautiful wedding.

(p766) Oh no, Becca! How did she just die? Was she already that old?

@Daephene
    (p763) Glad to hear you've got power. I hope things have stabilized/recovered at least slightly more since then.

Noelle seems to be adjusting well to life with her dad. She's adorable. I love her red hair.

It's super creative how you used the plane parts on George and Lily's lot. Glad they're doing well living off the grid in Sulani.

(p766) Gwendolyn and Enigma are too cute together, especially when they're both young. The same applies to Lorelei and Mystery.

@lyrie (p764) The kiss between Rainbow and Max was so cute! I'm glad they're more official now. It's also so cute how they blush. I'm wondering what their next steps will be.

(p769) I hope Hazel is able to become good friends with Whitnay.

@BlueSeaWaves (p768) I'm cringing at the conversation between Owen and Sylvia! I understand his frustration (kind of), but I think he's out of line when he makes up stuff about Archie's father.

And then Jade's at the club! I love all of the drama. I can't believe that Jade's later in the house. Owen's plan is ridiculous. If he's not careful, Jade and Sylvia may team up against him?

Thanks for your comments on my post.

---
    Fier Legacy
    Intro & Past Posts in Spoiler

INTRO
    CFRyVIZ.jpg
    The Fiers are a vampire family led by an arrogant and socially awkward megalomaniac named Asher who, among other things, hopes to have 100 children. As of now, he's had 16. The youngest five recently became young adults and are discovering the perks of university, so Asher's ready to move on from the life he's built with them in Sulani. Even though everyone is into pursuing an eco lifestyle and protecting the environment and even though Asher employed some draconian conservation policies while working as a top-level conservationist, he's done with that kind of tiny living stuff and is having a (gaudy flamboyant) palace built that may cost more than one million simoleons. When it's complete, he intends to move and raise the next generation of his children there. But there's no rush as he's immortal.

PAST POSTS
    1. Fier Legacy Introduction
    2. Teenage Lifeguard (Delmarya)
    3. Living Her Best Life (Adelise)
    4. Night on the Town
    5. Day of Fier P1
    6. Day of Fier P2
    7. Happy Birthday P1 (Dawn)
    8. Happy Birthday P2 (Dawn)
    9. A First Kiss (Dawn)
    10. Conservationism and a Death Flower for Deli
    11. Vampire Population Control (Asher)
    12. Happy Birthday (Delmarya)
    13. Merry Winterfest
    14. Ambitious Dysis
    15. Gen 4 Enrolls in University
    16. Relaxation? Before University
    17. New Year's Eve
    18. Sulani Bonfire
    19. Midnight Encounter (Delmarya)
    20. Deli Strikes Out (Delmarya)
    21. One Americano and Two Slices of Bread (Delmarya)
    22. Lovestruck Procrastination Queen (Dysis)
    23. Balancing Love and Academics (Dysis)
    24. Saying Goodbye P1
    25. Saying Goodbye P2
    26. Forcing Fun at Foxbury (Dysis)
    27. First Impression = Great, Second Impression = Trash (Deli)
    28. Asher's Incompetence (Asher)
    29. A Productive Day
    30. A Day for Love P1 (Dysis)
    31. A Day for Love P2 (Deli)
    32. Asher's Advice and Planning a Date
    33. Only the Ice Cream Was Pure Perfection? (Deli)
    34. Debating Firsts (Darius)

At the Romance Festival, Delmarya (Deli) met up with her crush, Cabe. They'd been on a few outings together and flirted a bit, but, at most, they were friends.

Honestly, even though Cabe had seem interested in other things ... he'd never seemed that interested in becoming Deli's boyfriend. The last time they met, they went out for dessert. The dessert had been delicious and the conversation okay, but Cabe had dwelled on how much money Deli's family had.

Before that, they'd always enjoyed each other's company (with a couple exceptions). Once, Cabe had basically cursed at Deli and called her ugly, but Deli was willing to let it go. Everyone has a bad day? And then there was the woohoo incident on the very first day they met. There was no woohoo, but Cabe had suggested it to Deli. Bad joke?

Regardless, Deli liked Cabe and hoped to start something official with him.

As she was beginning to flirt with him, her younger brother, Darius, and some random person sat down with them. Maybe Darius got creepy vibes from Cabe and was looking to protect his sister, but she was an adult and could handle herself.
    T1Xn3sL.jpg

As for the random man, she swiftly dealt with him, sending him (and her brother) on their way.
    GiaRPG7.jpg

So that left Cabe and Deli alone. Finally, Deli could confess her feelings? Except she didn't because Cabe repeated what he'd hinted at and kind of told her before about her not being his type: she was kind of weird and too thin and not that pretty, but she could improve...
    EzMyv0I.jpg

Hurt, Deli couldn't look at him and only listened.
    7X6priK.jpg

But at least one couple was having fun at the festival! Deli's younger sister, Dysis, and her boyfriend, Rashad, seemed to be having a great time.
    y8WPwzX.jpg
    GkkjMID.jpg
    1N9ydnc.jpg

At any rate, at the end of the night, Cabe traveled back with the Fiers to Sulani, where he attempted to flirt with the youngest Fier, Dyna, as soon as Darius' back was turned and the others had gone inside.
    OdGN8c5.jpg

Dyna instantly rejected him.
    cCdOe3Y.jpg
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    @Koteyka wow. First the ultrasound tech criticising Peter and Gwen for being irresponsible... now their own son? When I saw the ultrasound-with-Ianto post, I was somewhat critical of the tech; I thought it was rather rude of her to make that kind of judgment on a couple she doesn’t even know. But Ianto actually knows them as a person... Peter grew up pretty well given his past, and I don’t know much about Gwen, so I’m intrigued now.

I’ve been doing Sims 3 recently, I started a new save there, and you know how it can be with a new save and getting all into the storylines and everything. But, I finally managed to sort out my birthday money from my grandparents (long story), so I’m planning to get a few more stuff packs. I’ll have all of them soon, apart from Moschino, and I’m not particularly interested in that one.
    I’ll probably go back to the Harper-Joneses for a bit, and play with Joanna as a teenager. I will also send them to Selvadorada which should be fun. Maybe I could send the Mastersons there too.

One thing I have thought is that many of my storylines are all positive, no real problems in their lives. I did play a Sims 2 story once where I had the female Sim’s husband die, but mostly my Sims have lovely lives. But that’s mainly because I don’t generally like being mean to my Sims... I have sometimes thought about negative/sad sorts of storylines for some of my Sims, but they’re only vague ideas and not solid plans. I don’t have a huge number of mods, which limits things, but you can achieve things like death etc without them.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I had a very frustrating day in game. I'm playing through a week with the Hecking family in Sulani. I'd been wanting them to develop a friendship with Bruce and Walker, so when Walker invited Brant to the bluffs I said ok, and took Brent along. Once there I realized it was kind of weird to fly from Sulani to Windenberg for an evening, especially if it was going to be freezing there, but oh well.
    Things started off ok.
    aae36eY.png
    EKbfwsm.png

Then while Brant was dancing, Walker used "Enchanting Introduction" on Brent! And then one of them flirted with the other. Both of them are very happily married and there was no excuse for this!

I did get one nice picture afterwards even if Brant was Very Angry.
    zHZUnAW.png

That was about the last social that went well. I spent an entire sim day trying to repair their relationship, with every social failing. Which, to be honest, was a little bit nice to see because when Athena was dating multiple people it was way too easy to make up if she was caught cheating... but in this case there should have been no cheating! I need a "faithful" tag for my sims in happy relationships so they won't do random flirt socials when I'm playing other households. And so they will always reject autonomous flirts from other sims. And seeing their SO reject a flirt from another should strengthen a relationship, not damage it.

Anyway, after spending all day fixing Brent and Brant's marriage (and trying out the "Frantic Kiss" and "Apologize in Bed" socials), the next day while Brant was at work Max invited his parents over and Brent told Walker he only wanted to be friends. And Walker got mad at him! Now they have a red friendship bar. This also never happened when Athena used that social to break up. I have to say I do kind of like the fact that different sims react differently to things like these. But in this case, since this was all ridiculously out of character, I decided that Walker was actually upset that Brent had misread his behavior as true flirting, when he maintains he was just being friendly.

Sigh. So anyway, Brant came home and mended his friendship with Walker, and Brent tried to get to know Bruce in spite of the author's fame making him hard to approach.
    WFAjYUn.png
    o1jdMwv.png

Then all the plumbing in the house broke simultaneously and Brant and Maximilian ran around fixing things.
    tRfIw5R.png

So much for playing a relaxing week in the islands on my weekend.

After that things started to settle down. I have never received any notifications about festivals on the island, but this one seems to have sprung up unannounced. I have no idea what it was for but fire dancing seemed to be the activity of the day, so Max joined in (far left).
    VDaIgWt.png

Millie was impressed.
    0LxqeK1.png

Otherwise most of what happened so far is conservation work, fishing, and a little waterfall action.
    kNrpihn.png
    1Ljhh4B.png
    KwxcYAh.png

So I recently started a new rotation. In case anyone likes sneak peeks, this is what I expect to see over these 15 sim weeks (starting with the Goth rotation from last week).
    Gillian, Finnian, Cassandra and Morgan age to Adult.
    Charlotte age to YA.
    Farrah, Adam and Isabella age to Teen.
    Lorelei, Gwnedolyn, Noelle and Viktoria age to Child.
    Lucas and Holly's new baby age to Toddler so I can name her Maybelle. (She was born while I was playing other households so the game generated some name)
    This rotation started with Mortimer dying... I also have Athena, Geeta, Khaled, Mila, Gerardo, Navya and Ananya who won't be taking any more youth potions, as well as possibly Rinaldo (he's allowed one more, if he gets the points in time). I don't know if any more will leave us this round or if they'll hold on for next time. Hopefully they'll split it up a little or else one rotation is going to be very sad.

Max and Millie will end the rotation pregnant and start the next one with a newborn.
    Bo and Liberty's wedding!
    Retirement Village camping trip!
    Ghosts throwing a Spooky Day party!
    Billie breaking up with Brytani and moving to Evergreen Harbor.
    New teen romance for Jacob, Adam, and maybe Esau. Finally some of the sims I aged up and down and gave makeovers months ago will start to enter the story.
    Isabella to befriend Morgyn and become a spellcaster focused on Untamed magic.

And I'll end this post with a few comments on recent entries.
    @DeafSimmer I love that dramatic shot of just the hand. Nice touch!

@haneul Good for Dyna, not accepting the guy who rejected her sister. Deli deserves better. Thanks for your comments on my sims!

@Metior_Ice Oooh, I like the way you worked the pollution into the story. I look forward to seeing how this plays out.

@Koteyka Yeah, I pretty much had to take that picture once they did that! I'm very curious what you're doing with Ianto now. What is he going to become?

@DoodlyDoofus Grim's scars are a nice touch. How many will he end up with, I wonder?

@CheesySimsLover Cute sims! I like your taste in CC hair.

@BMSO Glad you're enjoying the new pack!

Hope you're all having an easier simming day than I was!
  • DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

Remember when I said this legacy has the worst luck when it comes to fire?
    It happened again.
    aJnJkDp.png

And just like what happened to Autumn and Atlas...
    Ian tried his best to help his son and got himself on fire as well. Thankfully, the firefighters showed up and put out the fire.
    jICNrke.png
    ihWv0pa.png

Gwendolyn was so scared that she 🐸🐸🐸🐸 herself. Poor girl.
    x1x0Di6.png

As for little Tristan, he was fast asleep when all this happened, and Autumn rushed upstairs and was relieved to find her baby alright. Not sure why we can't bring the baby out of the house in this situation.
    wogaQhD.png

Aged up lil' Tristan.
    Trait: Clingy
    N1OoZhX.png

Update on the Sims Arcane Academy Challenge.
    Added two new professors. Later on, I'll be posting what the academy looks like once I'm done.

Mortimer Discord
    Traits: Snob, Mean, Genius
    Aspiration: Purveyor of Potions
    OoQucG4.png

Vanessa Cross
    Traits: Romantic, Bookworm, Materialistic
    Aspiration: Spellcraft & Sorcery
    6miadFI.png

Random
    I tried out the Journey to Batuu pack, and it was ok. The missions are hard and really tricky, and the world is HUGE.
    At least my geeky sim got his very own lightsaber. :)
    He's a Lieutenant in the Resistance, the First Order sees him as a Hostile, and is a Rookie to the Scoundrel.
    VoNwR3K.png
    pw0213q.png?1
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    This will be an update on my Adler's featuring Declan, Hazel and Vanessa but first comments!

@hanuel Thank you! I can't wait to share what Max and Julia are up to when I rotate back to them but the plan is eventually a baby

Oof poor Deli, I was hoping with her but I was super skeptical too! Sorry Deli girl, I hope this is the end and he does not weasel his way back in , Cabe dang al those rejection bubbles with her face! :confused:

@Daephene Wow what a time! :O so much drama! I agree with you though, I wish there was tag and reaction like that especially when it out of character for those sims like what? Hoping things improve when you roatate for yours sims, for a readers view, if it helps, it was pretty entertaining but I understand!

@Metior_Ice That was an excellent set up to your legacy story, it crushed me a bit seeing them die since we known them since toddlerhood! :heartbreak: but I know one day they will be back! I think it is really cool how hard they were to kill! Good job on making them that way, it seems like a huge achievement :)

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you! They did have super fun and it was fun for me considering how shut in we are these days! :)

Okay so update!

Vanessa had just got done visiting her family, checking up on her half brother Rod, and after them from that incident with the party. Her step dad's relationship and gone down with her mom but they quickly rekindled that. Caroline invited her out for singles night.

Knowing she had to confess to someone Vanessa accepted and they played a few rounds of different games together.
    50268542343_041181eccf_h.jpg

Vanessa spilled to Caroline her feelings about Beck, her new wardrobe to try and look even more nice for him, her crushing budding love and her responsibility to Declan and Hazel.

Caroline told her, she really has to think, if she does not truly think she and Beck can make it, then Vanessa needs to end things before they get too serious or more hurt. Caroline said she can't make a discussion on what Vanessa should do regarding most of this, stepping into her shoes was almost impossible to her to imagine.
    50269209426_87dc9569bb_h.jpg

While Vanessa was out, Dec was live streaming a game to make a little money on the side. He recently got into gaming and was rather decent, he made about 200 simoleons that live stream for about 2 or 3 hours.
    50269209251_5f3e8bf82f_h.jpg

Hazel was upstairs, now at the age of 10, she was having a bit of a harder time in school. Jesse and Illana were still in her class, but she had a really embarrassing accident today.

Hazel was taking care of Hammy telling him all about it and taking comfort in his loyal hamster ways. He never judged her, well maybe on the amount of treats he thought he deserved but that was just cute!

More on this Sweet Bean? Under The Spoiler
    Going downstairs, it made her smile hearing her dad in the background playing games and chatting with those that watched him.

She decided to try and write it out in her journal Vanessa gave her for these types of moments.
    50268542158_d4f745e65a_h.jpg252. by Lyrie Creesen, on Flickr

However, even writing down the moment seemed to be almost too much for Hazel to bare.

Hazel's Thought: 'Why did things have to be more complicated.? Why not as simple as six or even four?'

She wondered if as she got older would things get harder or easier?
    50269382707_29721a3243_h.jpg

Thank goodness for the homework club!

They meant almost everyday and especially when they had a test or quiz to study for!
    50269473027_789b13b508_h.jpg

After they got back from the library, Vanessa would always make some dinner for the group of hungry 10 year olds.
    50269298356_78abb329db_h.jpg
    50269472892_d93affd51c_h.jpg

They would hang out for a bit afterwards but eventually go home.
    50269298486_213d4d8404_h.jpg

Mr. Matt Eklund however stayed over a bit longer to start their assignment together, it was a creative project and they both loved that subject and topic

Also Matt has had a crush on Hazel since he was like 7 lol
    50269298296_b2d1067ca2_h.jpg

Declan came to help out on the project and he was normal at the time but even so, the kids did not look impressed by his jokes.

LOL you have to step your game up Dec, preteens can be brutal! xD

They got the project done and did inbetween the best and worst versions, so okay?
    50268632068_e6a341fb4a_h.jpg

I think this picture rather speaks for itself but wait a go kiddo!

I adjusted the skill speed for Hazel and Rainbow since extended childhood so I think it was 2x times slower they gained skills so impressive even still!
    50269353831_ff77fa0ea3_h.jpg

Declan has really been in another up hill roll lately, but the last time I got my hopes up well, he went back, so I will be watching.

Anyway, he is encouraging the work Vanessa has put in to her manners and responsibility by asking her to clean up her breakfast dish.
    50268686643_9f4a25b901_h.jpg

Hazel is a very gentle, introverted and obedient child so she does just that happily.

Declan is making her a sacked lunch before the school bus gets here.

The moodlet comes with Kawaii Stacie's SOL and I interpreted it as, being an actual parent and not on any wonderland pills was really mentally draining but it also makes him happy, please Dec, you can beat this go back to your therapist!
    50268686628_35f7d13fbc_h.jpg

Does He Give In? Under The Spoilers
    Later that day, he goes searching for collectables.

Before Aubree and Liam died about 5 years ago... he was really into collectableis and selling them on simbay or plopsy.

Maybe rekindling an old hobby is a good sign?
    50269528417_ed110b1ab0_h.jpg

Hazel donning her scouts uniform (she claims it makes her a better fisher) did just that for a little while after school.

She caught nothing but she is determined to keep trying!
    50268686513_f98fe92e53_h.jpg

Aww look! She took her daddy's words to heart! Atta girl!

Also I like her little outfit, I send them shopping via explore mod, then take the wacky outfits they get and take pieces of it to make a good one!~

It is heading into winter so I thought this was cute~
    50269546192_607ee6995d_h.jpg

Declan praises Hazel with a hug and overall affection.

Also, Hammy had just passed away from old age, but Hazel did not register it (thankfully) so Dec was quick to go out and by a new identical hamster and aw-la fixed.

He does not Hazel to feel anymore grief if he can help it.

Ironic part? If he does not stop popping wonderland pills, he will be the cause of what he just prevented but in a more massive form.
    50268704693_65688b9142_h.jpg

He reads her a story however, (promoted by Vanessa) on the passing of animals since they don't typically last as long as sims do.

It talks of an animal paradise they go too, by Hazel's reaction she seems to be taking the more positive side of the book, as intended.
    50269371746_82b8e26972_h.jpg

Dec then tucks Hazel into bed, despite how mentally draining it is, I think he is rethinking or remembering how worth it this is being a parent, he is luckily to have Hazel in his life.

Also lol yep Hazel and Rainbow swapped pics!
    Sidenote: Saving them in a "room" and then placing the box down to get the was super tedious but worth it.
    50269546542_ee8d6509be_h.jpg

Dressing up nicely, he and Tucker (his big brother) go off to the casino together and not just by himself so this time, he will gamble responsibly (hopefully).
    50269546427_41076ce938_h.jpg

They get back a little later and they both had wins!

Not huge since they played it safe but still! That money is going straight into Hazel's university funds!
    50269371646_e96cd4d61b_h.jpg

Mentioned before, Vanessa has a herbalism garden and finally she has enough to do a potion! I forget which one it was but I never did it before so it was neat to watch!

There we go! First herbalism potion! Good job Nessa! Now turn the burner off!
    50269546387_32e2219320_h.jpg
    50269546217_a0ba2cb074_h.jpg
    50269546212_6950f3ac42_h.jpg

That is all for my Adler's rotation thus far, next up is another inbetween household featuring Nayeli and Terrence.

Until next time :)
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    Grim was sent onto his next mission to infiltrate the Resistance base. But first he'll need a disguise.
    DIXweYT.png
    Luckily the leader of the Scoundrels, Hondo Ohnaka has a disguise for Grim. It costs good money though so it better be good.
    D8YZ33a.png
    Grim: "This cost me 750 credits?!"
    INts5gJ.png
    So of course, Grim had Grom to cover him on this mission.
    rtHjJH3.png
    Grom: "Yeesh, if you're wearing a Disguise then I'll need one too. Can't have people here know I'm First Order."
    2cq76RH.png
    Oh snap, it's Rey! Grim, Hide!!!
    UncHE9R.png
    So of course, Grim goes running off with a smile on his face, because if he gets caught this could lead to a lightsaber fight!
    UYqkPpb.png
    Grom: "Just act cool, Grom."
    vh8CtlC.png
    Rey: "Hey."
    Grom: "How's it going?"
    m9BqUCK.png
    Grom: "Hi everyone, I'm Grom and I am not a member of the First Order."
    GjCCOai.png
    Well good, Grom makes for a good distraction. Now time to sabotage this X-Wing.
    KGueP5X.png
    Rey: "What are you doing?"
    Grim: "Nothing at all, hey how about you tell your best pilot to take this X-Wing for a ride!"
    vfaLXhn.png
    Kylo Ren: "10 Credits says the Resistance kill him."
    Darth Vader: "I'll take that bet."
    WaZ0GqH.png
    Grim: "Woo boy that was a tense mission, heard some pilot named 'Poe' flew that X-Wing after I sabotaged it. Needless to say, he's very much dead now."
    E3qPcnt.png
    Darth Vader: "HA! Got you, now you owe me 10 credits! Selfie with the hero!"
    59goCmO.png
    Grim: "Man, I can't believe we survived that mission."
    Grom: "I can't believe I got a selfie with Rey! She's just so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cool."
    r2z0C0I.png
    Later that day, Grim was of course trying his luck with that Zabrak woman again.
    UKS78h4.png
    Grim: "Do you mind? I'm trying to get lucky."
    dmq5Z54.png
    Hondo: "I'm sorry it's just that....I'm so lonely and you're the only person here who has spoken to me."
    8hD7C3K.png
    Grim: "So uhh....Wanna go back to my place and do it?"
    CtEWgle.png
    That looks like an answer to me.
    VTmIqAG.png
    Grim: "Woo hoo! Just made love to an alien!"
    Wmj8Gtj.png
    Grom: "Boy I wonder what's going on in there!"
    LYomIjN.png
    Later that night, it was time for Grim's final lesson under Darth Vader. A duel to see if he can beat the dark lord.
    yVhs2jI.png
    Let's see how this goes.
    L0Fdty9.png
    Grim: "Boy you picked a great place to duel, the lighting looks really cool."
    Darth Vader: "I know right?"
    O4wjfdf.png
    Darth Vader: "If you strike me down now I will become more powerful than you can ever imag-"
    Di7wAbK.png
    Darth Vader: "Ah 🐸🐸🐸🐸."
    LAkGZq7.png
    Darth Vader: "Alright, if you promise not to kill me I'll name you Darth Reaper."
    Grim: "Sweet!"
    5PmoqK8.png
    So then the newly dubbed 'Darth Reaper' cackled maniacally into the night.
    deo6jGk.png
    Grim: "Wait, 'Darth Reaper'? Isn't that a bit derivative? It's just my name."
    Kylo Ren: "Well I mean in your case your name was already cool before you became a Sith Lord. After all, I could've been "Darth Ben."
    D6qlQ4M.png
  • MissClairelyMissClairely Posts: 15 Member
    Kylo Ren got abducted, just as my sim was giving birth to his twins...
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    Erin went on a date with her crush, Ronan Landgraab. I believe he's Malcolm's grandson, but not 100% since MCCC only lists his mom, since his dad (Alexis) is dead.

NhHhVFZ.png

They went on their first date. Not pictured, but Erin's dad Bentley crashed their date. Erin doesn't live with her dad, since her parents are divorced. He was just checking in on his little girl. :smile:

Vdj3HiV.png
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    I know I had mentioned that I wanted to enroll Lawrence in University, because he’s been at the top of the scientist career forever, and I think he’d make a great professor instead. So he applied…..

What do you think? Will he get in?

ui3eBf2.png

Check the Spoiler!
    fybX9uk.png

Lol, yes of course he got in!

5bmoxOp.png

Fist pump is in order!

TMVVQRW.png

sYF9lUa.png

I had to set the settings correctly for a "print screen" shot, and then I had him read the letter again so that I could screenshot it:

QJDsGdz.png

I did not know it would spark his excitement again, lol

LlggSCs.png

And Ian was there this time, so … celebrate!

CtyYpFx.png

And personal congratulations are in order

M6TKdPB.png

3iJJdtE.png

And just in case you’ve ever wanted to know what Lawrence looks like:

rlTqENR.png

Here you go!

5ZvWbj8.png

And of course, his hero….

VfqUE4r.png

Ian

vtwiYjo.png

Don’t they both look sweet? :heart:

@Becka28

Ok, I'm on pg 769 for you! I love your comments back and forth about Keeping Up Appearances with sarabeth. Omg, I love that show so much! You'll have to let me know when you make the Dishy Vicar. Because wow! he is dishy! lol! I'd love to have Elizabeth too.
    And wow it would be fun to play Violet and Bruce! Bruce's clothing choices would be so fun to emulate here! I was wondering though, Isn't Tarquin the boyfriend? I thought their son's name was Sheridan. Anyway, such fun!

I'm going to check if your Nifty Knitting home is on your gallery page, because I have been too busy to try to build with the stuff, and your build is just so cute! Quin and Rohan are so whiny, lol! I'm glad their bed(room) cheered them up!

The Oasis Springs house looks amazing too! And lmao at how perfect that picture of Johnny nearly choking is, to go along with Diego's speedos!

Did Lana and Johnny actually get so close when he came over as the Welcome Wagon that he'd be upset about her talking with other guys? Yikes! Well, he got to complain for hours, I call that a fair deal.

This is great:
    Quin's hair just can't be made curly or brassy enough in alpha - as all alpha's know how to use toner correctly when they bleach their hair LOL
    I guess they certainly do! The guys look cool! And yeah, Quin definitely is right to strut when that man is jumping in bed with him! lol

@ryttu3k

Oh wow! this build on pg 769 is too adorable! The gallery link doesn't say what packs you used, but some of it was unfamiliar to me. It's super cute. And wow at the lemonade stand! Does that really work? I don't think I have a way of making lemonade, lol. Yes, I think I'm missing a pack you used.
    It is weird that StrangerVille came with all that Victorian stuff. What was the tie in? Just the Roswell's home? ha :D

Here on pg 771 now! Yes thank you! I'm feeling less stressed for sure. Doing things that make me relax. I just need to get going on actual health things now.

I'm glad you like Danni with Kalila. They were adorable together. They are adorable separately, so, you know, twice as cute. :smiley:

Thorne is having issues. But that's not news. ;)

@Lyrie Ok! I'm finally here! lmao, first, pg 769!

Thanks so very much about My Ian and Lawrence / park post! Your comments were awesome! Lawrence's backside! Ha. Maybe that's all Ian needed, not the flirty aura objects! :D The fact that you love them being called the Knight and the Angel makes me wonder if you've ever seen their full story? It's here: https://alwaysaskingssimsstories.home.blog
    It's similar in nature to the Don and Thorne story, except less dark. No vengeance involved! lol! But I know you're so busy with yours right now, that hey, no worries about checking it out. And yes, almost consistently I have had that flirty/very flirty result, but 2 days ago, when testing it, I had a guy become confident instead! This Sim has the Highest opinion of himself that I've ever seen! He's worse than Thorne, and that's saying a lot :sweat_smile: Ha! So I wasn't surprised by this, but yes, everyone else has had the reaction that Ian and Lawrence had, even when standing outside of the fence!

It's the reason I call them so evolved though. Lawrence's panicked reactions to other men hitting on him is crazy! Especially considering his ooc actions in the other save! lol! Oh, it's where the overly confident guy is too, lmao

The info about Dec and Venessa and Beck in that spoiler is heartbreaking :disappointed: I can totally see your point about no one wanting to trust Hazel alone with him. It does seem super dangerous, and I'm sure Hazel will feel abandoned if Vanessa leaves, for sure!

It's a terrible thing to say, but losing Dec in some way would be best. Like if he had to go to treatment or something. Oftentimes people are in treatment for several months, and then live in a halfway house for many more months, where their behavior is monitored more closely than it would be at home, but they can go back to their jobs and have a more normal life. So there's potential for him to be away for a long while, without having him die or desert Hazel. Which, I agree, would be devastating for her. But Vanessa could have a chance with Beck, and if he wan'ts so many kids, then one extra shouldn't be a big deal?

Idk, I just want a happy ending for these folks. Geez their lives have been rough. Teen pregnancy, not as glamours as it sounds, right?

This update is really cute! It's cool to see how close Nessa and Hazel are. They just naturally gravitate toward each other :smile: It's very cool that Vanessa id studying herbalism now! What a great result from their camping trip!

I know how Hazel feels about being an introvert for sure, and that just being with Illana and Jesse is enough, because they are known, and safe. But this little friendship with Whitnay sounds great! I especially loved the part about how she took Rainbow's advise in how to approach things! Yay for she and Rainbow's friendship! It's awesome.

But wow, Nessa never gets a break! When she visits her family she has to try to help Rod. At least he appreciates the encouragement. He's not snotty about it. But it would be nice if she had more people encouraging her. You can only be a giver for so long, because without anything being given back she will burn out, for sure.

Ok, pg 771! Ha! I think you liked the Thorne and Don update :blush:

Danni is such a sweet little Sim. I can't remember what trait I gave her, but it's great, whatever it is :D She's happy like that almost all of the time. It's hard to get a picture of her when she isn't smiling. And Kalila is really the funnest baby I've had in the game so far. She's always been so responsive, especially to Don, but she's great with the others too. I so wish that they could sit down with the babies. I mean, technically they are objects, and they sit down with other things. Like the knitting stuff! Anyway, yes, its a dream I won't get, a picture of Danni holding Kalila.
    You do a really good job of portraying a cheater and abusers insecurities my hat is off to you. I kinda think he is pathetic to a sense, but another part wants Throne to heal because Don, Kalila, Danni need him so much or at least want him that bad.
    Thanks so much for this :smile: I glad it comes across that way. It's definitely my goal. And at least you can manage some sympathy for him, if only for their sake. :heart:

Now, to your updates on the friends!

Ok, the Villareal twins. I don't remember that fire! Yikes, but it looks like they are doing ok. The raging parties on a Wednesday night? Hmmmm, I'm not so sure that's the best idea for a family oriented sim, but whatever! lol

But oh no! I;m glad Yu was understanding, it's awful what happened, but why end a relationship because of it. So I'm scared about Tucker and Rachel! Yikes!

Karaoke night is cute. Holy cow, yes Terrence is clearly twitter-patted with Nayeli to be watching her so lovingly while she sings at level 1! Ha! Poor man. :D

And omg at Beck! I've never seen that! Crazy! Dash laughs at himself all the time, and he didn't even laugh doing Karaoke. Unless Beck was laughing at Amelia :D

Amelia and Nickolas seem very well matched! Hooray for that couple!

The double date went really well! I guess the fact that Amelia and Nickolas are already doing well together really helped. Beck and Nessa being so shy is super cute! It's great that they warmed up to each other (but, if what you said in your spoiler to me held true, then it's doomed anyway :disappointed:) In what way did mccc set up Beck and Vanessa? I thought it just married people to each other.

The weekend date was really something, lol! Amelia is a handful! good thing Nickolas can keep up with her. I remember that marriage of his. He tried really hard to make it work, but no way. Is this the teen shirtless guy? lol I think he is.

Beck and Vanessa certainly took some small little steps, No kiss yet :blush: sounds like another couple that you have .... that took far too long for a first kiss! lmao Beck does look pretty giddy at the end there.

@sarabeth2984

Ok, your update on pg 770. Ha, I don't think I've seen Lucas be an angsty teen before. Lol, he's cute. All the kids are cute! Rachel is slaying it with the yoga! wow! I hope it helps Simeon too.
    That was good of him to realize that Rachel needed a night out, even if it isn't really his "thing" lol. He looks amazing in those jeans, and I actually love his low-key dance moves :smile: Omg at the kegstand and closet! I think he had a fun night out ;)

Roseanne is trippy! :D Little old lady telly raunchy jokes, lol. Perfect. Aren't the onsies amazing???!!! Oh!! I love your Red Hat Society idea! Please tell me, what do they do, and where do they hang out? How fun! Thanks for showing the reminisce option for the rocking chair! I haven't put an elder in one of them yet. I really don't have any elders in my played families that I can think of, besides Ian's aunt. I guess she could come stay with them for a while, lol.

Speaking of, did you see that Lawrence got accepted into college? Lol, very surprising, right? Ha. Now I need to know what degree he should apply for, and which college. You said he can do it online right? I want him to be a professor because he looks really good in tweed, lmao
    Something crazy happened!! Rosie’s sister-in-law Vivienne (The actress) enchantingly introduced herself to Frank.
    This had been happening so much in my game that I was ready to crack some heads! It was always OOC sims too. It's calmed a bit, but I prefer that they not autonomously have that option! So many people have empty pink bars with each other now! I mean, it's fine since they're empty, but they can get started again anytime they see each other! uggg. I'm glad your issue blew over quickly.

Simeon's look at the PDA is amazing! :D And the bee onesie is super cute!

Your Thorne looks so sweet and mild, I just love him! lol. Did you have Rosanne knit any toddler onesies? I'm not sure how they work, because they don't come with legs on them. Can you put pants on with them?

I'm glad curiosity got the better of you! The Star wars game play is great!

Lol about Risa! Oh well, Batuu will have to do 😅

And they arrived by broom! Awesome.

I suppose it's only mccc that does the twirl into Batoo clothes, not the vanilla game?

Ohhhh there's Thorne again! Acting a bit more Thorne-like 😄 You go Thorne! keep 'em fainting. Is he 5 stars yet in your game? He sings and plays his guitar so beautifully now in my game that I just sit and watch him all the time. 😂

I can't believe that they autonomously gambled and lost all those credits. How do you get the credits anyway?

Thanks for the info on the occult powers! Though I rarely play them.

And lol, Honda Civic 😅

Geez Joanna really had quite a time there! Lol at all the random things she had to do. Arresting "suspicious" Sims and "Retrieving" packages. The fact that Rey can transport her away is amazing! And she can outcreepy Kylo! lmao!

Barf is looking good there! As are the flirty aliens, no thank you! lol. Hot smuggler? Yes, thank you! And omg, I want to do the lightsaber thing so much! It looks great!

Geek Con, oh wow. Too funny! Lt Agnon doing Karaoke is super! lol so much. And Kylo talking about death after Joanna just got her interested in him, what a guy! lmao

Rey looking at the congeration is so funny! and then the duel dueling! :D Who won between Joanna and Kylo? ;)

And thanks for all the insider info. Let us know if the same characters are there at Batoo again, because of course we know that the sages aren't!

@Daephene

Thank you! I'm glad you liked seeing Danni meet Kalila :heart: Ha! "Thorne needs therapy" You read my mind. He surely does.
    Well that stinks that Gerardo isn't immortal. I'm sure his time will be soon, since Morty just passed.

I'm laughing at the thought that the Butlers mere existence makes Bella sad. lmao. Is she constantly sad? He's just biding his time huh? Ok, I see how it is! lol

Lmao! Boxing Day! That's the best!

Ok, so I'm trying to figure out if these two are blood related. As far as I can tell they aren't. But, you have no romance planned between them, right? Because they probably consider themselves to be cousins?

Anyway, such a cute update! Is Klaatu a mischievous kind of guy? What made you decide he should be in the criminal career?

The scientist career is sooooo fun. I took Laney all the way through it, and then Lawrence.

I'm trying to remember where I had the most glitches, and I think it had to do with gardening. Sometimes your Sim has to garden, and sometimes they need to force someone to garden, but I couldn't keep plants alive in either of my labs (different saves).

Have you gone through the police career? I've discovered that you can reset the stupid goals of the police career just by traveling to a crime scene or going on patrol. They all reset to those goals. I couldn't do the fingerprinting and mug shot parts of that career because that area was glitchy. But in the scientist career you can't reset things that you can't do. It's quite annoying. So you get bad results those days.

I also learned to store all of the minerals and crystals that Lawrence collected at the lab. It freed up his inventory a great deal. I never figured out how to store his plants there though, so I had to keep his inventory stuffed with daisies and roses and a bunch of other things for potions.

If I could have gotten the plants to grow at the lab he'd have had a steady supply of them. But I couldn't.

And ugg, the worst thing that happened was when I had to have him use a ghost potion on a co-worker, and the work day ended before it worked out. She's still a ghost to this day. I tried all the potions and stuff to fix her, but I couldn't.

That was before I knew about how to use the cheat to remove occult traits though. In the meantime I had deleted her. Which was annoying because she was actually a Sim that I made. Not a random townie. Oh well 🤣

Ok, I've prattled enough. But, if you ever need to ask about anything I might know the answer 🤔

Juno looks like she's having a good time at the job. The receptionist is cute! But she looks so much like the nanny I chose for teens Diego, Laney, and Rose that I did a double take 😅 (not a true game nanny, obviously 😂 as they are not toddlers)

I loved your gameday! Lol at all the 2 fisted drinking! And oh my! That's annoying that Klaatu's memory is gone now though. Sheesh 🙄 Aliens, am I right? 😉

@Silverofdreams30

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the post about Thorne and Don :heart:

@Daravi

Yes! I do recognize one of those elementals! How fun! I glad you thought of this little diversion from the depressing nature of your decade challenge. I hope you figure out something fun to do with them!
    Yes, 10 is a better age to start learning a new language, but they way they do it now, at 5 or 6 sounds even better.

I have so much respect for people who learn more languages. I found it to be incredibly difficult. And I hope that interacting here is helping you with yours.

I wonder if French was harder for you since it is one of the "romance languages" which are so different from northern European languages. I've been told (by people who speak them) that French is similar to Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese, and that it's easier to learn the others after you learn one.

Anyway, lol, I'm glad you only needed penguins for a few people 😅 and I sure laughed about Viktoria having to stand in the kitchen all day making the food! 😂 That sounds so much like my Grandma!

I'm lucky, my husband does the holidays meals for us. We have Thanksgiving in late November, which is a Huge feast, and then Christmas a month later. So, kind of tough on the cooks of the country 😅 But I never learned how to bake a turkey, and I won't make homemade mashed potatoes when there's a box of flakes in the cabinet.

Let's put it this way. If he wants a holiday meal that holds up to his standards, he has to make it himself 😉

How do you keep other Sims from wandering in and taking food while she's cooking it?

Oh my God I hate it when I bake a Birthday cake and someone takes a slice of it before the candles are added! Lol! Then you have to bake another cake!

It's very unfortunate that the war is what put an end to the feasts, but it sounds like you won't mind not having to make them!

Thank you for telling me that grown siblings have different relationships depending on their childhood relationship level. I will have to keep an eye on theirs for sure!

@Honeydew

That's great that your Sim could cheer up Kylo like that 😊 Especially since you're a big fan of his!

And I'm sorry, I had really planned to finish this before posting, but my daughter called from college and I talked to her for a long time. I will get to you guys soon! Like real soon, because I want to be caught up! lol
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves you get your own post again! lol, I had to many characters to fit everything into the one above

Wow I got behind with your comments and updates! I'm back on pg 768 right now! lol

Did you ever have Claudio try the rocking chair? And guess what? Kids do the same animation! I had Danni do it! So cute!
    Thanks! I'm glad you're like Dash's continuing story! (though that's all that's up for now) Dash is a very expressive sim, lmao And word problems were the bane of my existence in school. I had to add one :D And thanks! I have Gunther with Diego Lobo in a save I haven't played in at least a year! lol, and I discovered I really love him. :heart:

Yes! The Packers is correct! :) And ummmm, we definitely don't have room for my son's hobby, but because of his mental health problems we just have him continue painting them anyway.

I'm glad you like the engagement park. I haven't uploaded it yet, I'm still having even more decision problems, Lol

Ok, Your updates!! Wow at what's been going on! I've read everything, but commenting time has been sporadic.

These two! Owen and Sylvia! My goodness. I totally see Sylvia's side, of course. Broken trust is horrible. But, wow, what Owen had been thinking about Tim was so deep. Maybe he'd been feeling inadequate the whole time? I can't remember what made that whole Jade thing happen. I wish I could, because maybe he was thinking it even then? In which case maybe he has a valid point that she's not giving him a chance to fix things, if his thinking was really that faulty. It would have been nice if he'd just asked her, but ... hindsight is always 20/20. Anyway, the tree-house talk didn't resolve much, but at least he knows about Archie's dad now

But his behavior after that was abhorrent! Trying to make Sylvia jealous with the woman he'd cheated with? Man, the guy has faulty thinking all the time! I can't imagine how I'd feel in that situation. I mean, she doesn't want to be with him, so sure, whatever, go sleep around Owen, but don't bring her there! I'm glad Claudio needed her. Lol at Archie asking him to go look at stars right then!

And then he was such a - yuck - when she asked him about Claudio, and about bringing the harlot over (I wonder if that will get censored! lol). (I lmao that Claudio ate his food! ha!) I'm glad he left to get his own place. But how is she going to afford that house without him?

I feel so bad for the boys. That's what I have against real life, and Sim, divorces. I was a child of a divorce. It was the most horrible thing that ever happened to me! (Well, things have surpassed it in horribleness now, but for a very long time it was my parent's divorce.) And of course Claudio started acting out, as soon as he was gone. I'm glad they had a nice first weekend with him, but, oh my! The fact that she hugged him when she got there actually took my breath away! I was like, "No no Sylvia! Don't do that!" But I suppose, keep it civil for the boys. My parents couldn't even be in the same room with each other for a million years after they split up

Ok, I'm to page 772 Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed the latest Don and Thorne chapter. The darts bit was fun to photograph. Don was very expressive there. Thorne just rolled his eyes a lot! lol. Anyway, I've wanted to show the girls meeting for so long! The picture with Kalila laughing while Danni played with her is the best thing! Yes, Thorne is having some issues, as usual, lol

Ok! Another couple of updates from you! Owen, you fool. The jealousy scheme never works out well. I'm so glad Abigail has moved back in. Sylvia sure needed the help.

Ha! I love Sylvia's face while exercising. And Yummy! Have we seen this friend before? I know you said something didn't sit right with for you with him, but ummmm, Owen did not turn out to be that wonderful! And this guy is hot. lol

I was soooooo over-the-top happy to see Jade with Marcus that I actually laughed out loud. Well, more like cackled :D Owen so deserves this! I especially believe that after he rejected Claudio's hug! Holy cow! what a ... I don't know a strong enough word to use here! Because Jade doesn't like kids!? Ugggg Owen, you really stink. And Sylvia certainly had a right to be mad that he brought Jade over! Why didn't she spend Harvest fest with Marcus? Uggg, that woman annoys me! She's always the tramp that goes after everyone's guy! lol!

Owen was lucky to get invited to Claudio's party! But Sylvia is a good person, and that's what Archie wanted. I guess Claudio did too. At least he forgave Owen for being such a ****head the time before. Sylvia was nice to tell him what she saw, especially after he told her that BS about Jade moving in with him. Although, if I was her, I'd get a lot of satisfaction from telling him about Jade too! Ha! He's so dumb to have ever touched Jade in the first place! Everything would be fine now! (although we wouldn't have all this amazing drama! lol) Did Claudio really not want cake?! lol, what was happening in the game at that point?

Lmao, when Jade asked Owen where his friend had seen him with this other man, the first thing I thought of was that she's been out with a bunch of different men, and she wanted to know which one of them had been spotted with her :D

Anyway, he deserves to suffer, that's for sure. He's been a dirtbag through all of it. And yet the boys still love him and want him around. Why don't cheaters ever think of their children? I swear! It's nauseating.

Ok, well, his bad luck continues! Now Jade got him fired too! She's a peach, for sure! I'd like to think he learned his lesson! Oh, by the way, how were Sylvia and Owen's bars? Green and Pink" She rejected him for so long, but it looks like things are getting better. This was so funny! :D
    He flirted with her, and didn't turn him down, but she left after. Owen was just thinking "yep, I still got it" :D
    Bandit waiting for food to drop is awesome too. Ha!

So, did he and Jade actually have a physical fight? Or did Jade make all of that up? I'm not surprised he doesn't want to work there as the gym trainer anymore, but ... he should look for another job!

Oh, lol, ok, he is! How cute! She's agreed to help him with his resume. This man is kind of devious, isn't he? Takes her back to the same library where they first met! Ohhhh romance is in the air lol. And what an answer about not just meeting there "Now we can go together." Ha! he has this all well planned. I love him busting out the push ups! Ha, You can take him out of the gym, but you can't the the gym out of him. :smiley:

I'm getting ahead of myself! lol. What apartment is he living in? I see the playground they went to. Isn't that the one near the Bheeda's and Rasoya's? I love him sitting around shirtless!

Anyway, it looks like everything is coming up roses for Owen! He got that kiss at the library (were you scared about trying, or were you pretty sure she'd be ok with it?) Lol, at him preening in the mirror, and being glad she didn't say no. :D

Claudio's snowman was the cutest! ha. And good! He should fix the sink! She's giving him another chance! lmao!
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    lIpKMcc.jpg
    Cassandra Landgraab had a....rough Christmas. It was her first Christmas in her new home, celebrated with her husband Malcolm and a host of guests. One of those guests, her father Mortimer, somehow froze to death while everyone else was eating ham. A few days later, Malcolm froze to death outside the gym. The people of town were sorry for Cassandra's sake. but absolutely no one, arguably not even his parents, would miss Malcolm. ("Do you know what he was doing outside the gym? Throwing drinks at old people!", Clara Bjergson exclaimed.)

xAUL3Lg.jpg
    It proved, however, that Malcolm had left Cassandra something to remember him by.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Hadley Cole had Father Winter flirt with her..... in front of the guy I want to set her up with! Ugh.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    edited September 2020
    Daephene wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice Oooh, I like the way you worked the pollution into the story. I look forward to seeing how this plays out.

The fog has a very cool effect on the game, and the best part is that the build design for the legacy house seems to be putting the Eco-footprint into a bit of struggle. You'll see what I mean in my update, but the environment and the way things look appears to be having its own struggle between good and evil. It took a lot of work to make the changes across the entire neighborhood to create the effect.

You wouldn't believe it because of the fog, but Mua Pel'Am quickly jumped to the thriving state thanks to roughhousing encouraged fights counting as a positive toward island conservation. I don't think that makes sense. Maybe people getting into fights is persuading people to me more environmentally friendly. It just seems like a weird way to accomplish that. People should be able to talk about issues and find a middle ground, not get into fist fights to settle disputes.
    Lyrie wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice That was an excellent set up to your legacy story, it crushed me a bit seeing them die since we known them since toddlerhood! :heartbreak: but I know one day they will be back! I think it is really cool how hard they were to kill! Good job on making them that way, it seems like a huge achievement :)

They will be back sooner than you think ;). They just won't be in the form you remember.

Personal Note
    In a way, this won't be a true legacy challenge. I'll be doing things within the general framework of the challenge. I will not be tracking points, not my preferred play style. Also, This story will not go entirely planned. I know what my goals are based on the quests I created for the founder and heirs. However, I plan to let the game play itself out. I think of characters as their own individuals. This has led to some struggles in my personal writing. It can be very hard to think about how a character will make choices in response to their situation. The Sims might be the perfect way to let a Semiautonomous character make decisions and write about that. I want to practice writing a story around what ends up happening and gain experience along the way.

Background Info on the Zalrian Twins for those that didn't follow their origin.
    Dylan and Zephyr are the twin sons of Calum and Arihi. Calum is a pure-blooded merman, child of the ocean, and a child of the islands. Calum's unique mix of traits gives him a strong ancestral connection to the islands and the sea. Arihi was an Island Elemental he could summon for judgement. Arihi and Calum quickly fell in love, literally in one night Calum won over Arihi's heart and the twins were conceived on Mua Pel'Am. When Arihi and Calum fell for each other and before the twins were conceived, Calum turned Arihi into a mermaid until the twins aged into their full power. Arihi is also a Child of the Ocean like Calum. Dylan and Zephyr were conceived with a very strong connection to the islands and as pure-blooded mermen (A mother and father that were merfolk at the time of their conception).

It is Dylan and Zephyr's natural ability to control the forces of nature. Everything from calling storms to bringing the lightning to summoning volcanic bombs, it's their natural power. Their unique combination of traits not found in the average premade sims or townies gives them lots of innate power. While the Twins have the trait that can make them Island Elementals, there is more to them that gives them actual power over the elements no matter where they are.

Edit: When the Twins aged into their full power, Arihi lost her Mermadic Powers. After spending so much time in a mortal form, Arihi lost her elemental powers. Ember is only a half-blood mermaid without Sulani Mana. Part of Ember not having as much power has a lot to do with a power-hungry sim hunting down merfolk with strong spiritual energy. As of right now, Calum and the Darkfins are the most powerful beings in Sulani because they are the only mythical being still in Sulani. Fortunately, Calum isn’t on Damion’s radar with six other merfolk to attract his attention.

In my mind, Dylan and Zephyr, the sea and sky, embody a bridge between the land and sea. Their role is to watch over the islands, not as rulers, but as guardians that peacefully protect the natural balance. The term merman or elemental would be fine as a reference to them and their occult status. Although, I think the term elemental is a better term for a spirit and merman works better when they take a more physical form. Their Books of Life, I nicknamed the Tome of Wayfarer's Tides and Wayfinder's Breeze, are bound to the twins. Supposedly, another sim should be able to read those tomes and summon their spirits, even restore life to them. Kailani, in Hawaiian, is a nod to the Sea and Sky and a little nod to the Twins. I'm trying to use names with a connection to islands somewhere: The Celtics of the British Isles, Greece, Hawaii, the Caribbean, and Polynesian Islands.

Background Info on Damion because he doesn't have an origin to follow.
    Damion's objectives are fairly simple. He's a vampire and has an eternity to live. Once he learned of the Twin's existence, he acted quickly to claim the power to control the islands and the power over nature the twins control.

If you think about it, the twins could be used to manipulate nature in such a way that even the Forgotten Hollow wouldn't remain a safe haven for opposing vampires. He could freely clear the skies and make all the Vampires that oppose him burn in the sun. He can even take control of doors to deny and allow access to any building.

Before you mention the weather machine, you have to remember that weather is bound to a neighborhood, and the weather machine can only change the weather if the player is on the active lot with the machine. Zephyr alone can change the weather wherever he is, and he can make a weather machine instantly fully upgraded. Dylan has traits that allow him to create things to influence the mood of a room. That would come in handy as a stack for vampiric powers.

If he controlled the Twins, thunderstorms, lightning, lava bombs, and fire would become a regular hazard to his enemies. Inflicting negative emotions could go beyond an aura that surrounds him. He's seeking control of Sulani, but the power to control the Twins would, at the very least, allow him to inflict severe damage on any place anywhere that offers shelter to his foes. Townies are surprisingly good at abandoning lots when they are close to death. So, Damion's goals are simple. He's seeking power.

Anyways, I'll introduce the founder.

This is Reef Kailani:

He has a very mixed background. His family once had an ancient lineage in Sulani, and during a time long forgotten by the Kailani Family, a distant ancestor gained the power to wield Sulani's Mana. This ancestor received this power as a gift for their service to the Island Elementals. Reef has no idea that he possesses this power, and he is the last in his family with the trait. For the Kailani lineage, Sulani's Mana is a trait that allows them to interact with Sulani's Spiritual Energy, and it's through interacting with that energy that they can summon Volcanic Bombs and enhance the vitality of plants. This unique ability to interact and commune with Sulani's Spiritual Energy also makes them better equipped to restoring beings closely intertwined with that energy, like the mermen Dylan and Zephyr.

Reef Kailani has a strong connection to the sea, but his island roots have long since been uprooted by time. He tends to feel confident in the face adversity, but he's a bit clumsy. When his distant aunt, the last member of his family, other than him, with the ancient trait passed, he inherited a tiny pavilion on a secluded lot. The Kailani's never invested in their island property, so most of what used to be there was sold to pay off his aunt's debts after passing. Reef broke off from his wayward relatives a long time ago. He doesn't know where they are or what they are doing, but they weren't the family he cared about the most. Many of them can barely be called relatives by blood. He is the last of his ancient lineage.

[img][/img]50339827521_91f38c7e03_k.jpg00430CEF-C197-4F89-B6A0-494CB50A2B55 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50339138793_633b6009e2_k.jpg882FEEBA-88CA-4F2B-816D-1170A4E8A171 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50339827461_75e3135555_k.jpg5238264B-1E68-47F6-AEEE-8C8962F80BA5 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

When he entered the pavilion on Alania Look, he felt a rapid increase in hunger and fatigue. Something didn't feel right, but it was hard to say what. The locals said the Islands were suddenly cursed as if overnight everything changed. Reef valued science, logic, and reason. Magic and curses were superstitious nonsense.

[img][/img]50339827801_74264bf4df_b.jpg11fa53d0-f548-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

His first order of business was to take up the Conservationist Career. Reef loved the ocean and the sea, and when he visited his Aunt, it pained him to see Mua Pel'am in such a poor state. However, the moment he stepped foot on the island, he felt a spike in his hunger and felt incredibly tired after a minimal amount of physical effort. The island looked like it should be thriving, but a thick fog hid the flowers and trash appeared to be accumulating on the shores again.

[img][/img]50339982797_fc0b71ea28_b.jpg07e16b20-f54a-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Inside the Eco Center, the place looked abandoned. Books littered the tables and the floor. No one seemed to care about the dust covered art. Most of the displays looked empty with empty rooms around every corner as well. He remembered the study of the Eco Center having more people. He remembered how easy it was to lose yourself in a book surrounded by peace and quiet. Now, there was no one. It was like everyone decided to stop what they were doing and flee from something. He figured it had something to do with the volcanic activity common around the Eco Center. He figured they would return once things settled down again.

[img][/img]50339982722_2a66852d21_c.jpg343c1800-f54a-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Inexplicably exhausted, he proceeded to research the latest news in conservation. The smog filling the air had to have a natural source. He couldn't figure out an explanation for it on the computer. Nothing he read helped him make sense of things.

[img][/img]50339982687_acbe8c4636_h.jpg464fa070-f54a-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Despite his exhaustion, he began his hike along the island shore. If he couldn't find answers online, he would find them during his survey of local plants and animals.

[img][/img]50339138743_5c3cac4fc6_h.jpgfc74f5d0-f54a-11ea-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Reef got some interesting data from local plants but no answers.

[img][/img]50339827596_603b4b7a9b_b.jpgbf730870-f54f-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

His surveys, led him to a beach cave he used to visit as a kid. He never got far then. The nearby wreckage of a boat appeared to show signs of someone growing a garden. It also had a strange machine. Other than that, it looked abandoned shortly after someone started to call it home. The cave didn't reveal any answers.

[img][/img]50339982557_56d43885e1_b.jpgdbec1950-f555-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Reef couldn't press on any further, so he went home to get some sleep. A tremor shook the small pavilion and startled him awake. He saw steam rising out of the ground. It looked like the long dead volcano, Alania, was trying to resume activity.

Reef thought: "Impossible."

But, he was too tired to think about it. Something still felt so wrong and the feeling followed him.

[img][/img]50339982547_c6d1686d82_h.jpge0978050-f552-11ea-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

When Reef returned to work, he received instructions to Survey the beach cave again.

Reef whispered to himself: "I have to admit. This cave intrigues me, and oddly, I almost always have no energy when I get here from the Eco Center."

Reef looked inside: "This cave is so mysterious."

Reef interrupted Dolphins playing with strange seaweed. Upset, he left the cave and the seaweed inside it.

[img][/img]50339982732_c32b9be77d_b.jpg314edef0-f551-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Once again, Reef felt inexplicably exhausted. However, he decided to spend a late night in the Caldora Eco Center. He tested a water sample he took from Sulphur debris. He still couldn't explain the fog, but Mua Pel'am was thriving. At this point, it was close to past midnight, and he struggled to keep his eyes open.

[img][/img]50339827691_522482e1f2_h.jpg827643d0-f557-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Reef turned around and spotted translucent figure sitting in a chair.

Reef thought: "A ghost. I must be dreaming."

The ghost was a young man, and he didn't wear a shirt. He had a necklace made from island stones and beads. He looked like someone that walked in from the nearby beach, maybe straight out of the ocean.

Zephyr: "Hi, how are you doing?"

Reef: "I think I'm dreaming."

Zephyr: "I've been cramped inside a tiny jar, so I didn't expect to be here either. I was just... able to leave that prison for a moment."

Reef: "I'm definitely dreaming, or maybe its the smog."

Zephyr: "Right, the fog. That reminds me..."

[img][/img]50339138913_5d3efd9790_c.jpgad7928e0-f557-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr opened a book to try and read away his emotions, but the circumstances of his passing caught up to him.

Zephyr: "I can't forgive. I will never forget. That monster took my brother, and I don't know where he is."

Zephyr raised his voice: "Don't forget. Never forget. Something must be done before the Islands can know peace. He's the one responsible for everything. That monster is responsible. He separated us. Broke us."

Zephyr lowered his voice: "The rage, it burns in my heart. I know it burns in my Brother's too."

[img][/img]50339138973_1dd8784ff1_z.jpg669bb8b0-f558-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

When Reef left, he went straight to bed. It had to be a hallucination. He needed sleep. When he woke up the next morning, he felt like he was starting to get closer to something important, and most importantly, he felt like his life was becoming more stable... That is... until a major eruption nearly flattened him with a lava bomb. Maybe, he should investigate the "ghost," whoever that was, and the monster. He was just relieved that his wooden hut didn't go up in flames.

[img][/img]50339982647_b550814f8e_k.jpg5241c5e0-f55c-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Post edited by Metior_Ice on
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited September 2020
    I started a save file! Like, a 'canon' one, not necessarily an aged-down one (which seems to have, um, run out of puff). Here are some of the builds I've done so far!

Stonestreet family apartment, full tour here. This was made for a single dad working a part-time retail job with dreams of going back to uni, and his kids - a shy son and a slightly chaotic daughter:

5LS6YEX.png
    NQosXHN.png
    wcRQtAV.png

Salim Benali's trashfire, full tour here (clearly he needs a Kyle in his life!):

EQlco00.png
    AzvNTtQ.png
    BvZvo7m.png

No tours for these, but they're rooms in the same apartment (18 Culpepper). Wellness Guru's room, toddler's room. The family there is a young woman, her toddler daughter, and the woman's grandmother, who helps out looking after the kiddo.

Ka3gGns.png
    WKx4ARM.png

And finally - pardon the torturous reference: heeeeere's Johnny! Gallery link, tour.

2aKLoZv.png
    ZyLPMxT.png
    LfUwHWA.png

Going to slowly be chipping away at it. If nothing else, it'll get me moving to do a lot of renovations I've wanted to try, and get on with doing more community builds!

@Daephene man, that sounds chaotic! I'm sure there's a mod for that, if I spot it I'll let you know. Try MTS?

@DarkAngel1994 poor Gwen! Have you considered getting that fire prevention system installed? XD;; And wow, Mortimer looks like a right plum!

@DoodlyDoofus wow, glorious disguise XD Now he looks like an eiderdown! Oh Grom honey you don't wanna know XD I mean, yeah, it's hard to make 'Reaper' more edgy...

@AlwaysAsking oooh, go Lawrence! IIRC the teaching path is the Psychology degree, and having a high Logic skill helps a lot for that one, but it looks like he got accepted for all the distinugished degrees!

And thank you! The Gallery is being tempermental and not showing packs all the time, but it needs most of them. Absolute essentials are Strangerville (nearly all the Build items) and Eco Lifestyle (the fizzing machine and fizzes, and the selling table), though. Well, you could have the house and lemon grove and stuff, but wouldn't have the actual stuff to sell without EL, anyway!

Not sure why they had all the Victorian stuff! All the stuff in the upper area has that style, though. I don't know, it's really pretty! And glad you're doing better! <3
    Post edited by ryttu3k on
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited September 2020
    @AlwaysAsking

Lawrence seemed happy about getting accepted to college.
    He's such a cutie I would date him haha <3.
    Glad Ian was there to congratulate him,
    I hope it goes awesome in university.

@Lyrie

Loved the recent updates.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited September 2020
    Excerpts from
    the Diary of Roxanne Denney Monte**gro
    and
    the Journal of Felipe Monte**gro

FELIPE
    -We had a family birthday party for Carlos, neither of us had time to invite all his little friends and do games and stuff. And, yes, I felt bad about it, so did Roxie, but there it is. With two working parents and a baby brother that’s potty training, well, you get a less than optimum party, kid. To be honest, I don’t think Carlos minded, with family he gets a lot of attention and presents, so….
    I still can’t believe my son’s ready to go off to school, I’m starting to sound like all the Aunts and Uncles now, how time flies, and where does the time go. All the stuff they used to say that I thought was eye rolling back in the day, sigh. I’ve got to make more time to do things with both the boys, I get kind of jealous of Roxie’s dad, he takes Carlos fishing a lot and Carlos has such a good time with him that he can hardly wait for him to get here and all. He hasn’t gotten excited to see me like that in a long time, that’s for sure. Enrique still runs to me and squeals when I get home from work and babbles about his day and I miss that, I miss my boy being thrilled to see me, sigh.
    Then there’s the other grandparents and Tucker, Victor and Austin who all spoil the boys rotten. They buy them lots of toys and spend time with them every chance they get, which is par for the course and all, but it makes me feel like I am not up to par myself, sigh.
    This parenting stuff is hard, trying to be there for my wife and kids and still staying focused on work. It’s pretty cutthroat these days, everyone is angling for the next big promotion and I’m, well, I’ve been kind of stuck at the same position for a while, my ambition is not where it used to be, maybe I’ve lost my edge because I used to blow the competition away. I can’t even begin to imagine how women who are wives and mothers do it. I mean, I know being a mom is a lot more guilt inducing, it has to be, right? Not to be se*ist or anything, but I remember my mami having stuff she felt guilty about when I was a kid and all, way more than my papi did, I guess. Roxie gets to have Carlos and Enrique alone to herself in the mornings, but now with Carlos going to school, she’ll miss that. I can tell it’s bothering her, I should say something, but honestly, I don’t know what to say or do to make it better because I’ve felt the same way for a while now, sigh.-

hD8Ul7E.jpg
    Carlos has a birthday.

10x6Tyj.jpg
    Carlos is old enough to go to school.

UDODCJ1.jpg
    Fishing with PapPap.

qIdULPW.jpg
    Spending time with the grandparents.

bJAF22Y.jpg
    Storytime with Uncle Victor.

IqQiakQ.jpg
    Wrestling with Uncle Tucker.

-Miranda’s due pretty soon, everyone’s literally on pins and needles across the board over it too. I honestly don’t remember there being this much attention when Roxie was expecting, but then I was pretty nervous and kind of focused on my part in the whole thing back then too, to be honest. Austin’s really taking his coaching part in the birth seriously too, he talks about it and seems to be kind of proud to be a part of it and all, so I kind of think Miranda maybe knew what she was doing now. It might be a really good thing, a way to teach Austin to be more mature and responsible.
    I know that the thing with Becca, well, it knocked all of us for a loop, honestly. But for Austin, Kaden’s his BFF since they were little kids and it’s been especially hard for him to deal with, I think. It’s a lot even for an adult, it’s way different than when his grandmother passed away. Austin told me that Kaden’s been acting strange, like he’s changed or having some kind of phase. And I just flat out told Austin that something like this, well, that it changes a person, that it’s a lot to deal with and that Kaden may never ever be the same again, and that’s why it’s really important to be his friend, to keep trying even when it’s hard to be a good buddy and all. I had the same conversation with Victor too, he and the Benali boys are pretty close friends and I wanted him to be aware of how hard a time Kaden and the twins are having right now and that being their friend is going to be especially difficult because he can’t really understand or relate to the feelings that their dealing with.
    Then there’s Tucker, he comes over a lot after work. Roxie says he’s lonely and misses Darsh. They have work schedules that make it almost impossible to get time together during the week. Tucker works a normal Mon-Fri work week, but Darsh works late nights, he doesn’t get home till 1 or 2 AM in the morning after Tucker’s asleep. So they hardly see each other during the week and I guess it’s killing Tucker, which I get, me and Roxie have pretty much the same schedules and we have a hard time finding alone time, well, we have kids too. But I know it must be hard, coupled with the fact that Tucker wasn’t totally on board with him working for Uncle Kyle in the first place. Unfortunately for Tucker, Darsh is loving it, plus Uncle Kyle has finally announced his retirement now, so Darsh is working out for him, I guess. Which means that their work schedules are going to continue to be an issue.-

EK53yNU.jpg
    Miranda’s close to her due date now.

Iv4nPhc.jpg
    Stolen moments before work.

ROXIE
    -Carolina Denney was born last night, she is a living doll and I’m planning to be the best Aunt in the whole world and buy her frilly dresses and dolls and OK… I’m dying to finally have a baby girl around. I love both my boys and wouldn’t take anything in the world for them, but a part of me really wants a little girl. I know, I could try again, but seriously, I feel like me and Felipe are done. I will have to content myself with “borrowing” Carolina sometimes, since Miranda’s a single mom, I think that I’ll get plenty of opportunities to play the doting Aunt anyway.
    Austin was apparently a champ during the whole thing too, Miranda said he was calm and acted like a grown man through the whole thing. Well, I don’t know about acting like a man, in me and mom’s experience, acting like a man means panicking and being a scaredy-cat before, during and after. I hope she doesn’t find a house anytime soon, I worry about her trying to raise a baby all alone, it’s really hard for me and Felipe sometimes and we have lots of help. So, I’m planning to make myself very available for babysitting and what not.-

ShXB2YQ.jpg
    It’s go time!

i8DCL2o.jpg
    Introducing Carolina Denney.

-OMG, I’m in a quandary, I stepped right in the middle of something and I have no idea what to do, to be honest. Yesterday I had to meet with one of our local advertiser in Windenburg, it’s this really cute little clothing boutique, anyway, since I was in the area I went by the Monte**groes. It was a bit late and all but seriously, Jade and Hector went to bed right after I got there. I mean why do old people eat dinner and go to bed so early? Felipe says they have dinner shortly after Victor gets home from school now, seriously? Anyway, I was helping Victor with his homework, then he starts asking me lots of strange questions. Stuff like, how did I know if I liked someone when I was his age? and, did I ever like more than one person at the same time? Stuff like that that made me think that something was going on. Well, I’m kind of a butt in type anyway, so I finally asked Victor what was going on, I told him to quit beating around the bush and just come out with it. Unfortunately, he did.
    Victor told me that he and Austin both had crushes on Christine Goth for a while, the Austin thing I knew, but neither I or anyone else, meaning Jade, Hector or Felipe had any idea Victor liked her too. But, that when she was Kaden’s girlfriend, both of them knew it was totally against the “bro” code to do anything about it. Then after his mom died, well, Kaden had the let’s just be friends talk with her. Victor said that everyone knew that Kaden was acting weird since his mom passed away and that he and Austin totally knew that Kaden and Christine were still into each other no matter what Kaden said about just being friends though. Still, Victor and Austin both went to a girl’s basketball game after school one day just because they both knew Christine would be there. Not cool. Anyway, they both got to talking to Hugh Li-Don, a close friend of Christine’s, and well, he kind of told them that she was still totally into Kaden, and that it would be a really a dirty move to ask out a girl after your friend just broke up with her. Which they both totally knew, but having Hugh tell them kind of made them realize how that would be like back-stabbing a friend and all. Victor said that he and Austin made a pact, they blood swore an oath, do guys really do that, jeez? to never try to date her or anything.
    The thing is, Hugh, well, he had been over to see Victor earlier, as in the same day I was there see. And Hugh was kind of saying lots of complementary things, you know, not just friendly stuff complements. Victor said Hugh was a really nice guy and that he was really handsome and one thing led to another and they kissed. OK, this is totally out of left field, OK, so the thing with Tucker coming out, yeah, it’s like that again. But Victor said he liked Christine now he kisses a guy and I am way out of my element OK? He apparently likes both guys and girls, I guess. Victor said he got butterflies in his stomach and then when they kissed he felt like there was fireworks going off, but he had never ever kissed anyone so was not sure how it was supposed to feel. Yeah, sounds about right I told him. That he got butterflies around Christine too and that it was like that but different with Hugh because Christine was off limits and Hugh was totally available. He told me that he had thoughts now, the kind of thoughts that are not just kissing, so he wants to date Hugh. Help, I mean, woohoo thoughts, yeah well, liking boys and girls both, spirits help me, how in the world am I going to navigate all this with Felipe’s family?-

BDTZYcp.jpg
    True confessions begins.

uYL99AX.jpg
    The kiss.

-Victor and Hugh are boyfriends now. Turns out, Hugh’s dad went to school with Omar, they were friends and lived on the same hall and everything. And, get this, Omar said that Hugh’s dad is bi. He dated both boys and girls in college. Hugh, by the way is just into guys. And it went a lot better than I thought it would, Jade and Hector were really calm and seemingly cool with it, thank goodness. Felipe, however, is weirded out, he tries to hide it, but, well, when you've been married a while you kind of know these things. Poor Felipe, I think all this is a lot for him and with Miranda just having a baby and Tucker and Darsh having a rough time right now finding time together, well, he’s kind of thrown off-balance. He and I are both really into helping family and being involved in each other’s families lives to a huge extent and there’s just a lot going on. Plus, Felipe’s really concerned about the Benali boys too. He’s really good friends with Omar since being on his bowling team and all and, well, we’re all worried, to be honest. Those poor boys and Omar, it’s just a really horrible thing that happened. Not to mention potty training Little Ricky, jeez, I really hate that whole thing, it has to be the worst rite of passage I’ve encountered with the boys so far.
    Most people don’t realize it, but Felipe is a lot more sensitive and thoughtful than I am. He feels this stuff way more deeply or whatever and right now my sweet husband is overwhelmed. He’s had a couple of good cries over it, he thinks I don’t know, he tries to be a machismo type guy, but he’s totally not. Although I would never ever tell him I thought that, for heaven’s sake. Men have very fragile egos, my first pregnancy was not my finest moment, so I’m not a paragon of modesty myself.
    The thing is, it’s just not something I can talk with Felipe about, there’s just no way he will ever tell me how he really feels about Victor being bi. He just would never want to let me know he is not cool with it because of Tucker and all. If there’s something he feels inadequate about, well, it’s totally off limits as a conversation. That’s just one of Felipe’s failings, none of us is perfect, I’m not that’s for sure, so the upshot is that I have to let him deal with it himself and just sit by and pretend not to notice, sigh.-

6St4lI6.jpg
    Victor has dinner at the Li-Don’s.

5AeSffu.jpg
    Victor gets a little handsy.

SJJjHGJ.jpg
    Making out with the new boyfriend.

FELIPE
    -Carolina is a sweet little thing, she looks so adorable in her pink dresses and all that baby girl frilly stuff. Roxie gets a look on her face when she’s around that baby that makes me really nervous, I’ll can tell you. I’m satisfied with just the two boys and, well, if Roxie really wants to try for a girl, of course I won’t stand in the way, but really, we have our hands full already and I have a feeling it’s not going to get any easier. But, there is a part of me that, well, I can imagine walking my daughter down the aisle at her wedding, you know stuff like that. So, I’m not totally opposed to the idea, but I would never bring it up.
    This Victor thing has me tied up in knots, honestly, I totally get how the Tucker coming out thing was such a big deal with his family now, I mean, at the time, I was totally OK with that. But now with Victor being bi, well, I’m not nearly as cool and liberal as I thought I was. I love my brother, I love that boy as much as if he was my brother by birth and all. It’s just that this bi thing is, I don’t even know, honestly, it’s just blind-sided me and came from out in left field. I don’t want Victor to feel bad or to know I’m having trouble with it, of course. I totally get that this is my thing, that Victor has a perfect right to be himself and all, but still. And I’m ashamed of myself, I mean that, I am so disappointed by how hard a time I’m having and I can’t let on to Roxie or my parents or Victor or anyone else for that matter. And it’s really hard, I don’t have a poker face, just the opposite. It kills me that I can’t talk to anyone about it, well, I could, I mean I know I should talk to my wife about it and all, I’m pretty sure that would be the right thing to do, but I just can’t. I can’t bring myself to tell Roxie that I am a total bigot and have her know how I’m not the guy she thinks I am. That happened once when she found out I was a player in college and I am not about to have a repeat of that. I could probably talk to Omar if he wasn’t going through suddenly loosing his wife and dealing with all that, I mean, I just can’t burden him with my stuff when he has so much going on. Aargh, this totally blows.-

@haneul As to Kyle and Salim's ages, all the original three guys and their spouses are elders now, as of this post, Dina aged up, she was the youngest.
    I got a big chuckle out of your confusion over the possibility that I was introducing an age inappropriate romance between Kaden and Alexander Goth, who's older than Omar. I'm sorry for laughing at you and also for missing a good place for a comma in my editing.
    As to Becca's death, it was untimely, she died due to having a congenital defect in a blood vessel in her brain, which led to a brain aneurysm brought on by excessive laughter.
    I'm just gonna say, Deli can do better than Cabe, OK?

@Lucy_Henley I found college and romance to be hard to manage together, so moving the two couples in together was clever of you!

@ryttu3k Yeah, not a fan of the new pack myself.
    I loved your Lemon Farm house, I once had all of Newcrest done in Victorian homes. Well, all your builds and lookbooks are wonderful.

@Daravi Oh my, the war is awful, as is fitting, I have my fingers crossed for all your sims to make it through though.

@MollyG1997 Yes, way back when I first started playing, well, Eliza Pancakes was the bane of my sims existence, she constantly butted into every conversation and was at every venue.

@Koteyka I love that you have those navigation links in your posts, I should learn to do that. I am enjoying your flashbacks a lot.

@AlwaysAsking Sorry to hear about your health issues, I am a cancer survivor myself, so I know how hard on you the "cure" can be for some illnesses believe me. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Oh dear, that Thorne is a tortured soul, isn't he?

@BlueSeaWaves Wow, your Jade is not a bit like mine! I am enjoying your story nonetheless.

@Lyrie Oh, I really like your two couples a lot, Vanessa, Beck, Amelia and Nick, they remind me of how the sims in my game look.

@Metior_Ice I one tried a supernatural game, I just had vamps, ghosts and aliens, but I ran out of steam, I could never think of what to do with them. Imagine me running out of ideas! Anyway, I just wanted to say that you have made mermaids so interesting. I am a bit miffed that the twins got killed off though, sigh. I had gotten to like them. But that new sim Reef, he's a hottie!

Post edited by sunblond on
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top