Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Hello everyone!
    Not dead! Took a break, bought some other games... Now decided to wait until I can afford Eco Living before coming bacḱ.

Also Planning to move my household to Sulani. Because I like swimming in the sea :smile:
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @ryttu3k I'm rooting for Luna and Sofia too, although we shouldn't forget about Sofia's troubles.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Another Spa Day post from me. This time, featuring a Robotic Yoga Instructor that broke halfway through the Yoga Class.

1iW3iEW.png
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    @haneul
    Thank you!
    In about a week I'll know whether I graduated or not.

I'm definitely intending to have Audrey and J become parents, but not right now.

First I want to make sure the other kids from the family can manage themselves. I intend to make Audrey my main focus soon, but I first want the kids to be graduated and have a job.

To give a bit of an update (no pictures, because I'm on phone)...

Maaike broke up with her vampire boyfriend to settle with her human girlfriend.
    They adapoted a girl, Natalie and Maaike is currently expecting a child (Made it so Dewi can impregnate Maaike).

Later I moved Lana, the vampire daughter of a sim I cloned a while back, into the student home. So I'm currently playing with Alexios, Kassandra, Lana and Audrey.

Alexios is already engaged, Kassandra has a boyfriend, but she hasn't been seeing him a lot lately. And Lana scares everyone off with her hissing, but I spent some of her vampire points on the attractiveness thingy, so she shouldn't have many issues finding someone.

Soon Aphrodite and Athena will go off to college as well.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Another Spa Day post from me. This time, featuring a Robotic Yoga Instructor that broke halfway through the Yoga Class.

1iW3iEW.png

Is that a vampire girl?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited June 2020
    This update is part of a fun little project that I did with @mercuryfoam

In her story her teenage main characters have one difficulty after another. Serious difficulties, the type that are better off in a blog. It’s a fascinating story, located here

A bit more info in the spoiler
    We got to talking about how an adult would advise them to handle their most serious problem, and I said I’d like to write out how I thought Simeon would talk to my teen Spellcaster Diego Lobo about it. I wrote it out, and @mercuryfoam thought it was really good, and that I should share it here. So the premise of the dialogue is entirely mercuryfoam’s idea. Not an original story line from me.

This update is Not that dialogue between Simeon and Diego yet. This is a lead-in to it, where you can meet the characters in that story, and I’d wanted to share it anyway, because of how fascinating it was to watch how Ricardo acts. Everything that he does in this story is all him - autonomously. I never controlled him. It all happened in this order, and Ricardo did tell Rose that he thought Diego was boring when she tried the “hook up with” interaction with Ricardo, about Diego.

Bad Blood

"Yeah fine Ricardo," Rose replied vehemently, "You're the one who will be sorry. I guarantee it. Diego is the hottest guy that's ever been into you. I would know, I've seen all of them!"

"Just let it go Rose," Laney said. "Ricardo's so full of himself it's ridiculous. It'll be fun to laugh at him when he realizes how stupid he's being."

qHsYQzk.png

Diego scowled, I should have known better than to have them ask, he said to himself. Diego had been crushing on Ricardo for a while now, but he hadn't acted on it, because he was afraid of this very scenario. He acts like he's so much better than me, he thought …. whatever.

iJdXz57.png

Diego went up to the bar to get away from Ricardo. An older man sat down beside him, and his eyes made it clear that he thought Diego was much more than good enough for him. Diego turned away in disgust. I'm not even 16 years old yet bud, he said to himself. Go leer at someone ancient, like you.

BTybVT4.png

However, turning away from the creepy guy made him see that a gorgeous blond was sitting next to him on his left. "Hey, I know you," Diego said. "I've seen you around in the Realm. What's your name? I'm Diego, Diego Lobo."

iJN5XWN.png

"I know who you are," the young man said. "Everyone knows who you are. I'm Hermes Lindon."

UrKNk80.png

"Hermes? Cool name," Diego said. "How old are you? Do you have a boyfriend?"

g5xdVdz.png

Continued in the spoiler, to help the page load faster
    "I'm almost 16," Hermes answered. "And why are you asking if I'm single?

"I'm feeling kinda reckless right now," Diego answered. "Ricardo really ticked me off. What do you think of him?"

5AbILBw.png

"I try not to think of him," Hermes answered. "He's irritating."

"Diego laughed, and then said, "Yeah, he is. I'd like to irritate him back. I'll make you a bet. If I can beat you in a duel, you'll go downstairs to the closet with me. And we'll make sure he knows that someone is getting some action tonight, and it’s not him."

i9b1l9J.png

"I know you'll win," Hermes said. "I've seen you duel."

amzy0O2.png

"But you'll take the bet anyway?" Diego asked him. If Hermes said he'd still do it, then Hermes was into Diego, and Diego liked the sound of that.

"Yeah, I'll do it, I guess," Hermes said.

Z1xWvLc.png

Diego answered, “Cool,” and off they went.

h5HEyG6.png

The duel didn't take very long. Diego was a more accomplished duelist.

aVKF3UG.png

After getting everyone's attention with the duel, Diego made sure that everyone knew the stakes of their bet.

lbjOaxm.png

The two of them giggled their way down to the closets in the basement. "We're really going to do this?" Hermes said." I thought we were just going to come down here to make Ricardo mad."

kyORLDn.png

"No way," Diego said. "You made the bet, you knew the deal. Let's go." That was all Hermes needed to hear. He moved into Diego's space, and Diego pulled him close and kissed him.

IlZnUWE.png

Everywhere.

OUGAfdx.png

"We have to go in the closet," Diego frantically whispered. "I can't take this, c'mon, quick."

UUsrzSx.png

Hermes didn't know what to do. He was as frantic as Diego, but not as forward.

Diego slipped past him, pushed the door open, and pulled Hermes inside with him. No more talking was heard.

bmN0q8w.png

After that day Hermes and Diego were always together, and they were adorable.

“Come on,” Diego said, “I need kisses from my Greek God. Don’t make me wait.”

Zk9jTRg.png

"You're a way better kisser than me," Hermes said.

Diego giggled, and said, "You know that's not true. You know what happens the second you kiss me."

OLvAaaB.png

Hermes was too shy to acknowledge what Diego was saying. But he was quite happy to check Diego's theory.

WXwvXL3.png

"You're so beautiful," Diego said. "How did I get such a beautiful guy to hang out with me?"

"You beat me in a duel," Hermes laughed. "Don't you remember?"

DH9gnDS.png

"Oh I remember it fine," Diego said. "I just don’t think you tried very hard to beat me. You wanted me to win, didn't you?"

gv278gG.png

Hermes was too shy to admit that.

SfGjpTK.png

But Diego worked on Hermes’ shyness all the time, because it seemed to stem from low self-esteem.

5wrXeFG.png

Diego had learned more about Hermes, and found out that he didn’t have any family. He was currently living with a family in Glimmerbrook, because he was a spellcaster. But he didn’t have a strong connection with anyone there.

tCvgAMH.png

So Diego decided that he’d be the one to always be there for Hermes.

kxDcbNi.png

And he was always there for him, and helped him in every way he could.

ppVT1KQ.png

He even tried to help him with his magic.

8u9vOoU.png

And he did have some success

FerUtKv.png

But Diego continued to beat him when they dueled.

TEyg8Ma.png

dEJ3lFD.png

Hermes often worried that Diego would break up with him. “I can’t do anything right,” he'd say. “I know you’re going to get tired of me. You’re going to find someone better than me.”

ZfvIGPm.png

Diego thoroughly enjoyed every chance that he got to show Hermes how wrong he was about that.

ia81Jq8.png

"No one is better than you," Diego would tell him. "I'll never look for someone else. You're stuck with me forever. I could never find anyone that makes me feel the way you make me feel."

9uDGvmI.png

Hermes did seem to be coming out of his shell a little bit. One day Hermes answered, “… yeah, I do like the way you feel,” and it made Diego blush almost as red as Hermes always did.

nZgRxtL.jpg

“Here you go Beautiful,” Diego was pretty smooth for a 15 year old.

i6pmCTO.png

Diego’s arrogance lessened as he realized that making Hermes feel good about himself was more important than making Hermes fall in love with him.

03K4YUD.png

Besides, Hermes had already done that.

hMJnHB7.png

The boys weren’t just lovers. They were best friends, and played around with each other all the time.

ME9xw9s.png

Diego might be a tiny little thing, but he played around like a big man.

HjJ0Mjc.png

4w5eCuV.png

And could use other means to win their “fights”

k2MjkNF.png

Se6z2n8.png

Once they both turned 16 they were allowed to sleep over at each other's houses on the weekends.

ncbnwB0.png

One night Diego was so tired he could barely walk, but the smile never left his face, because he was walking with Hermes, to Hermes' bedroom, Diego's favorite place to be.

ucRtkxC.png

Ricardo happened to be at Hermes' place that night too, as a guest of another teen that lived with Hermes. Ricardo had an interesting evening. He found his eyes pulled toward Diego at every turn.

qzsSXq2.png

Sure, yeah, Hermes was pretty, but Hermes was not his type. Diego was his type, small, scrappy, and full of fire. Eventually Ricardo admitted to himself...I did make a mistake that night, when Rose told me he liked me.

QzRBaNU.png

She knows me too well. She knew he was exactly my type. But now it's too late, he realized. I had my chance and I blew it. Or did I? He liked me first, Ricardo thought. Maybe he still likes me more.

jE09jZR.png

A few days later Ricardo decided to test that theory. “Hey, Diego,” Ricardo said. “Are you busy? I’d like to talk to you.”

7yjAAYZ.png

“I’m not particularly busy right now,” Diego answered. “What do you want?”

UI2llZh.png

Ricardo said, “You know, awhile back, Rose said you were kinda into me. I was thinkin’ maybe we could hang out.”

IVcDYLD.png

“Yeah, awhile back I was kinda ‘into you,’ but as I recall, you told Rose that I was boring.” Diego answered. “So I’ll have to decline your invitation. I wouldn’t want to bore you too much.”

E1c0X9M.png

“Yeah, I shouldn’t have said that,” Ricardo told him. “I only said it because I was embarrassed that Rose thought I couldn’t get a date myself. I don’t think you’re boring at all.”

I4Ts7I2.png

Morgyn came wondering up. There was drama in the air.

“So you’re just now deciding that you’ve actually been ‘into me’ since Rose told you that I liked you?” Diego said.

fkYGmCY.png

“Yeah…” Ricardo said in a sultry tone. “I’ve been to meaning to tell you, I just needed to catch you away from Hermes. I thought maybe you’d like some private time with me; if you know what I mean.”

bKntYiF.png

“Oh yeah,” Diego said. “I know exactly what you mean, and it ain’t gonna happen. Why would I choose you over Hermes?”

EpZe8y7.png

“You liked me first,” Ricardo said. “He was just some guy you used, to make me mad. But now I’m admitting I do like you. We could be together.”

8njmN3f.png

“Thanks but no thanks,” Diego said. “Hermes has always liked me, and never said anything bad about me. I would never choose anyone over him.”

jULnkaY.png

“Well, do you wanna take my number, in case you change your mind?” Ricardo asked him.

SVlRgwp.png

“I have absolutely no use for your number Ricardo,” Diego said. “Now run along, I’m meeting Hermes soon.”

UZlTXvX.png

“You’ll be sorry for this someday,” Ricardo said. “Trust me.”

UVzSNtB.png

“I’m ‘sorry for it’ already,” Diego murmured. ”Such a waste of time.” And he checked to see if Hermes had texted him yet.

mPwkvM3.png

Fortunately, by then Rose’s instincts had clued her in that something was up, and she was there to take Ricardo away.

PJHHqJ8.png

It took a while …

9NzQARS.png

But eventually she calmed him down.

CNtdB7L.png

And in the meantime, Hermes texted Diego, to tell him he was there.

pu6IhWr.png

TwFfa5R.png

vcFUgK4.png

fKtkFyJ.png

And all was well again.

The story continues here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17556605/#Comment_17556605

@sarabeth2984

Awwww, thank you so much for the little Dr Don update! My gosh he’s cute with Maximus! He’s cute without Maximus too, but, you already know that! Lol!

Wow! I love your Vincent and Jo baby story. Yikes you guys! Too funny. Especially since they’d tried so many times and nothing happened! And then, whoops! Lmao

And yes, it’s Lawrence that is baby crazy! For sure! I love this little set of pictures because I obviously couldn’t make Ian, and Jasper’s sister Jasmine, make these faces as Lawrence did this with his nephew, but Ian is clearly freaking out that Lawrence wants a baby! He's looking up at Lawrence and Willis in that shot. And Jasmine knows it too. Lmao! It’s Ian that she giving that look too. :D
    7MSSOaf.png

q5HBr0V.png

ZGKdysL.png

Totally amazing that the little guy was born on Halloween an hour before the scheduled party started! Lmao! Can you imagine if that was real???

Valaria did have a great time at that party. Talk about a great day to be a ghost :smiley: I’m glad you revived her though, because I wanted to see what she looks like! Lol! She's really cute!

Their new little guy is very interesting! A bright blue Vampire Spellcaster, wow. Idk if it helps, but my daughter was in love with two Coltons this year, sadly they both were disappointing. Lol!

@haneul

Hmmm, well, I said I’d be looking for an update by you and skipped the one where you’d written your comment to me! LOL! Oh Lord, I’m so sleep deprived. Anyway, I saw the new one and instantly knew I’d missed something big, so I came back to find it!

And oh my … it was a difficult one. The youngest Fiers definitely were affected by Star’s death, and I can see why. You described her as a wonderful person.

It was so nice that Aster came to the kids to help comfort them. I really like her.

The ceremony was held in the new palace, right? It looks like it. I love how you said Asher’s eulogy was “well-intentioned.” He is an interesting man, isn’t he?

But oh my, the picture situation! Holy cow! Adelise probably wishes that she’d seen the place before they held the service there. Geez, could he possibly make his feelings known any clearer than he does? Uggg, how she puts up with him is a mystery to me. Trying to help your children feel better about themselves when their father acts like that is difficult.

So the second update is quite interesting! Asher, with caring feelings? Has the world come to an end? LOL

This is super cool, especially considering his thought bubble about her!
    It was obvious that she was having a hard time, so the next morning, after more reflection and while annoyed with himself, he went to talk to her.
    I love that part, “annoyed with himself”

That’s too bad that Dysis so quickly became upset again. She does have a lot on her mind though. It must be a bit of a relief that her father was kind to her for once.

I also liked the insight into Dyna. I wonder if soccer will ever cause a problem for her? I hope not.

Thank you so much about my spellcaster’s home! It is very pretty at night. I’d taken night pictures, but then changed something on the house, so I couldn’t use them in the album, lol!

And yes, if you’ve read my little story here, that is the home of premade Diego Lobo, aged down to a teen, and two of my more well known Sims aged down to teens also. Rose is Lawrence’s sister, and Laney is Jasper Sweet’s girlfriend. There are a lot of stories on this thread about them, but most of them were posted a long time ago, before the Don and Thorne story started. Anyway, their story is that the three of them were friends from school, and all decided to become spellcasters, so they are living in that home in Glimmerbrook with a nanny. Laney’s room is the green one, Rose’s is the purple one, and Diego’s is the blue one. Poor Nanny gets the little white one tucked back by the tower, lol!

@ryttu3k

Oh my, I love your newest Fyres’ update! That was a great way to let us know who all the players in town are. Especially those of us who don’t have the expansion yet! Knox is a fun guy, and I love when she accused him of being slightly biased, lol! :D I’m sure they really appreciated his guidance. The Llama game had me on the edge of my seat too! ;)

Why was the caboose place so clean, with clean water etc? If I was them I’d just hang out there every day. :smiley:

Thank you about the house! Yeah, Laundry day was a great purchase! (Although I will never have a washer and dryer in a house I play! When I was taking screenshots with that family in there one of them did laundry, and of course she caught on fire! lol, luckily I put smoke alarms by anything likely to start fires, so she put herself out. The minute I uploaded the place, they were deleted!) :D What I love from the pack is the decor and clothes it came with!

That info on the desensitization is really interesting! How cool to do that with pictures, perhaps get you to associate them with cute cuddly things? And the fact that the pics were in clearly labeled spoilers, is cool too! I’m glad it worked for you!

@RedDestiny92

Thank you! I’m glad you like the house! I finally got it nice enough to upload, lol

That’s quite a trick Vlad pulled on you! Yikes! :sweat_smile: I think this is wise:
    he doesn't want to take advantage cause he knows I'll already be off when I realize what he has done.
    Ya think? Lol. Juice boxes.

So yeah, what’s that guy’s name? Ken, Kevin, whatever, lmao. Is he one of those people who are called stans? I hear about them, and wow, his behavior is so odd I’d almost have to think he is.

And yeah, Ashton is pretty good looking :D

Oh, geez, here he is right here! Lol, ok, he’s Kevin. And oh my, bugging Ashton so he can listen to Brytani!

And how odd! She’ll hug him but not give him an autograph! :sweat_smile: The spin he put on that hug is amazing! Whoowee, someone has an active imagination! Lol!

@rottmeister

Lol! This is the cutest stuff here on page 732!
    It just keeps getting worse, lol. The child of a robot and an alien got the "evil" trait and is now in a relationship with a vampire... I'm scared for simkind, lol.
    I do believe that I am scared for simkind as well!!

And how odd that J became a vampire. Have other premades done it too? I’ve never heard of that before.

Congrats on the jobs, marriages and pregnancies to Persephone and Ophelia!

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you! I’m glad you liked the house!

@Lucy_Henley

What a cute update with the little dog! I didn’t realize that children could take pets to the vet. That’s good to know! He’s a very polite little boy. I’ll bet that’s a relief to everyone.

Kirsten’s first day at school was wonderful! You did such a great job making sure she got to do so many activities.

And this still makes me laugh!
    The local kids' club Adults Keep Out!

@PeculiarPlumbob

I am totally with you on that toggle aliens off thing! And you can’t tell in “Manage Families” whether they are aliens or not! At least I can’t. They are always in disguise. So I have to just wait to find them in my game! I don’t know if mccc can detect them or not. I don’t use mods.

Your 12th generation kids are good looking! I think Jeb and Eden are my favorites :heart:

@nerdfashion Lol! What a surprise at the spa! I guess it’s good place to have that lot trait.

Your robotic yoga instructor incident is funny too. Is that the same spa? Is everyone still naked? :D

@Daravi

Your little family sure is fun! It must be such a relief to not deal with the jealousy issues! I could have all the Don Lothorios in my game that I want, with no problems! lmao

All those toddlers are adorable! And they all have the independent trait? Do you find that one to be the best one?

I have trouble skilling up their thinking skill, so I usually take inquisitive, but maybe independent would be better?

Omg at your joke about Becca! “He loves you already” :D

Oh wow! An aging up update! I can’t believe that toddlers and children can nurture an insect farm! Not a bee colony one though, right?

I love your makeovers. That’s so cute how you made it look like Abigail was cutting Aaron’s hair! Ha!

The crash was too bad, but that’s really lucky that you’d recently saved!

Oh my God! you are kidding me! :D LMAO! I just got to the update where they met Don!

This is amazing! And yes!!!
    I guess it was like Winterfest for Don.
    Lucky Abigail

@Duvelina

Awww, Hugo and Nelson’s first date was adorable! Is that a real thing? That a Sim will go to a microphone and say something about their SO? I’ve never seen that!

Nelson certainly seems willing to go on with this romance. How lovely :heart:

And wow! Now it looks like Sophia and Luna might actually get together! If this helps Sophia get clean, how wonderful! So, a date, on Love Day, that will be fun to see!

@Kristina

Holy Moley! You certainly covered a lot of time in this update! Lol!

I was not quite ready to see Toddlers grow up, marry and have toddlers of their own that fast, but honestly, it reminds me of real life. Which is going by rapidly!

And oh my gosh…. What is up with this great great great great great great great great great grandfather, Ernest Pohl showing up? Lmao, I thought he was a great help. Hmmm, not so much. :D

Ha! Now I’ve seen the Harvestfest update! Lmao at your dialogue! Too funny, but probably accurate!

And omg, I’d strangle her!
    She was taking a nap and missed the family dinner she begged for.

Post edited by AlwaysAsking on
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @AlwaysAsking

I really enjoyed that update, it was great readimg
    about the teens in your save. diego and the blonde guy has so much
    chemistry togheter.
  • Options
    @AlwaysAsking No, walking up to the microphone to say something about the person they're dating is not a thing. In reality, he went over to the microphone to crack some jokes. I put my own spin on it since it seemed so out of character. 😂
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @ryttu3k thanks for your comments on Wren and Caddie's wedding. I am glad you liked Caddie's outfit. Your comment about your supervisor calling you Jamie made me smile. Jamie is a nice sim (and I assume is similar in your novel) so I am sure you can take it as a compliment.

@AlwaysAsking Love. love , love your ROM build. (Simeon looked quite at home!) I was going to say I really liked the purple bedroom but then saw the green one and now I can't decide. As usual your landscaping is beautiful.

Now I have finished my other challenge - I am back on the 100 babies challenge.
    My current matriarch Venetian is still obsessed with (Koteyka's) Tony Stark - I don't watch her for a few seconds and she tries an enchanting introduction on him. She is allowed to have any male premade she wants (who hasn't had a child with her mother) and she wants him :(
    YwxMh1Il.png

Every single time she goes to the event she won't leave him alone...
    pYi12Arl.png

I love this angry, "leave me alone crazy woman" face he pulled. She looks suitably embarrassed.
    kX5utBIl.png

Despite being rejected by her celebrity crush, she continued to have children and be a good mother.
    zmbvBbnl.png

She continued working on the body builder aspiration too.
    JE5NQgZl.png

And she maxed out the guitar skill and finally won a Starlight accolade for all that work.
    rHR3WYJl.png

And Tony came and spoke to her (she was ecstatic).
    M1Vn466l.png
    She added Alexander Goth to the list of Daddies (he was a young adult - don't worry). Wolfgang stood and watched the entire thing - poor form Wolfgang.
    JkTWkixl.png

She has been glitching out and playing air guitar instead of real guitar. I enjoy this glitch (and it doesn't affect skill building).
    w8x12mdl.png

Here she is on her last pregnancy of 21 pregnancies - it is 2nd trimester. She missed out on level 10 fitness by not achieving about 25% of level 9 :(
    F6RXjbql.png

She was finally able to go to the awards without being pregnant. (and won two more accolades).
    hV1pdDFl.png

She also won something else she wanted - Tony's heart. (She is becoming an elder the next day and Tony was pulled into the world alone - without his family as the game needed celebrities - so he deserves to be happy too.)
    Q8wTUKtl.png

They went on a great date...
    oriSO76l.png

and then eloped.
    u4RpHHOl.png

Venetian had 37 children from 21 pregnancies. She maxed guitar, gardening, and cooking + made it to level 9 of fitness. Added to her mother's 35 children I am now on 72 babies - leaving 28 for the next heir (I am not counting bonuses for occults even though we have had about 8 so far). She was a hardworking sim! (though getting the celebrity stars and having the celeb serums was helpful especially the sleep one!)

The youngest child was a toddler so the oldest one in the house had to take over as carer until they aged up. Venetian had to move into other households so she didn't age any more.
    The family immediately slacked off instead of the punishing regime of homework and skill building so they could age up and leave.
    0p8rrIXl.png

Well at least for one day until an excellent Nanny was hired
    zVwcvmLl.png

and there were frequent visits from Venetian too.
    yKv2UAJl.png

And then the new heir aged up to teen..Malcolm Landgraab was his father. I have been using Crayola colour names and he was a Q which means his name is Quinacridone (not many Qs to choose and this is the 2nd time I have been through the alphabet). I do think he is sooo cute. I had to set him to be able to have children in CAS. I hope he enjoys his life.
    2EhwqqT.png?1

Because his oldest sister spent most of her teens parenting him - she is allowed to find someone and marry. This was harder than you think in a world where all the premades are stepdads or step grandads or potential partners for your brother and most of the townies are now your siblings and aunts and Uncles.
    Luckily, my lovely Isabeau sim was a vendor in the city and started flirting with Nyanza first.
    ZTfvzbel.png
    She also autonomously proposed on the first date..
    7qiHCEll.png

So wedding time...
    RtSY501l.png

ahhh romantic - now move out - goodbye
    LISaAJwl.png

waking up and realising for the first time you are all alone..
    hzHIl2jl.png

and have to do the cooking and all the chores before high school.
    n6g0DKbl.png

Thankfully it was Friday, so he could spend the weekend going to lunch with mum and some sisters.
    HxTrar6l.png

and holding a fancy dress party...
    6rW9PFhl.png

where he met Rohan Elderberry (who was very flirty and dressed in my favourite costume). Quinacridone was happy to flirt back.
    Km93sy2l.png

He didn't want to leave and was so charming..
    9U6cCxXl.png

He was like one of my previous lovely sims - when Quinacridone went to sleep he did all the cleaning and looked after the garden - sigh - some sims are just too good.
    0bIAGGkl.png

But then Monday came around, As were gained and it was time to become a young adult and start having those babies. (I left Rohan a teen and may age him up towards the end so they can end up together as they match so well and were so autonomously flirty). First daddy was Wolfgang.
    HSPB5YFl.png

He enjoyed being pregnant and showing of his bump -
    HHc6drLl.png

until he experienced the poor bladder control of third trimester..
    vAhCiuMl.png

and babies 73 and 74 arrived.

• Options
    @AlwaysAsking
    As far as I know the Bjergsen family, Fyres household and J have turned into vampires in my game. They're one of the last premades that are still alive in my game, along with Vladislaus, Lilith & Caleb.

I was about to say Lana was the first vampire I played in my safefile, but that's not right? Mei was a vampire, but later gave up on the vampire life and became human again.
    So maybe I had her turn the premades into vampires, but I don't think so?
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    @AlwaysAsking
    And they all have the independent trait? Do you find that one to be the best one?

Yes, this trait is my favourite, because the toddler get a bonus when they learn alone plus I don't have to deal with the potty training, they walk already alone to the potty before level 2. Maybe the mistake moddlet get quite more often, but I didn't seen a difference from the other traits I've tried. The logic skill isn't far behind with it, I let the toddler watch the adults quite often, play with the tablet and toy blocks and so one. Sometimes they toddler get angry when they were told something like get a bath, or read a book with the parent. But they are toddlers, and most of the toddler can't decided what's good for them. :smiley:
    Not a bee colony one though, right?

Unfortunately no, but I understand it, honestly kids and bees aren't a good company. I've been grew up with Maya the Honey Bee in the tv, but I was afraid from bees and wasps when I was young, while I didn't care about the other insects, except the ladybeetles and butterflies. And I still love it when butterflies surround me, but this doesn't happen often anymore unfortunately.
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @AlwaysAsking
    Oof! Bad Blood? What an ominous title! What have you planned for them??
    I thought about this but I never said it before. Laney is so thin! I’m a little worried for her. That’s the thing about teenagers eh, anyone above 25 is ancient :joy: Such an interesting *cough* tough life state to be in. Brains not fully formed yet expectations are there. Then there’s the hormones to deal with too. Also…
    Hermes did seem to be coming out of his shell a little bit. One day Hermes answered, “… yeah, I do like the way you feel,” and it made Diego blush almost as red as Hermes always did.
    Omg the steam just from these words alone! You guys need to seriously get a room NAO! I wouldn’t be surprised if Diego tackled Hermes there and then for that! Probably get on a mission to make Hermes say more assertive stuff. Gah these two will be all over each other like no tomorrow (they already are but I’m sure they’ll find a way to break that ceiling!)
    I still find it amazing how you’re so attentive to detail to find such autonomous moments in your game. It’s so bizzare for me to see them take charge of their own fate hehe! Your update came at the best time. I finally broke through my block and can reward myself with stories again (yay)! I’d like to run this chapter by you since you helped me through it. You’ll see a lot of deviation but the core is the same. Ah well I’ll pm you the rest so this doesn’t get long.

@DeafSimmer I already said this to you, but I really really hope Josh's work doesn't take him far away from his family!! These two look so good together I and their baby Jasmine needs her dad! :lol: Oh wow looking at these pics I never realised how buff Josh was. I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised, cuz his clothes always stretch over his biceps but wew! I need to start focusing on adults in my game :joy:

Ok well.. Since this is a what happened in your game, here’s 3 pictures.

15-2.jpg
    14-2.jpg
    Resized.jpg
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    @nerdfashion Lol! What a surprise at the spa! I guess it’s good place to have that lot trait.

Your robotic yoga instructor incident is funny too. Is that the same spa? Is everyone still naked? :D

No, it's a different spa, one of the Maxis-made ones.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I didn't share that many pictures last time, so here are some to make up for it :p

Here are Maaike and Dewi in their home in Windenburg:
    105392051_572810630103764_8249134272937078543_n.png?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=5STN88oGsOoAX_z371N&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=aa7ae3cdeeaa1fbe1c91bd32c6f1aadf&oe=5F1A7703
    105564665_920493248356121_1177966919101878552_n.png?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=dgBoa1BrpocAX9L0NLD&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=bc2e9fb49b5d02f0fcbd2544be93176c&oe=5F193690

Correction: Dewi is not human, but a vampire. It shocked me, ngl.

Just to trow in some nostalgia, here are Maaike (on the left) and Audrey a while back.
    98202128_824756164599340_230394024421228544_n.png?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=Bwk-Dzks1yIAX90JSQx&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=45744e4aa29796d41700a81876b64987&oe=5F1A427E

In college Alexios had already proposed to his childhood sweethart Daisy, but after his graduation they decided to move in together in the neighbourhood where he asked her to marry him.
    106005844_3157257641002048_6469030898433366529_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=zGBRYugKvm4AX8sT8O-&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=4605b8f2b0b820b8ad36da472236ed26&oe=5F1A5E49
    105287120_1637225423106820_8496030570288647355_n.png?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=D07ZMByPaK8AX8IZuq3&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=5d56137009651d8ccf8c677de4617174&oe=5F194491

Kassandra put college first and her relationship with Flynn deteriorated over time. They mutually agreed to break up and Kasssandra found consolation from a teammember from soccer practice, Anna and they started dating. After her graduation they also chose to move in together in Sulani.
    105683783_705313570289536_2744021577493922352_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=62Da8d3-gtEAX9ziDVC&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=1ba62dcc20e498fe76ae5efbcf7125e8&oe=5F19AA8C

106125865_195658965113468_186179116127059704_n.png?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=2PvavGxWRbMAX-aQeTy&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=acb2a29c6cfb7aeab92a6318bda6cf2d&oe=5F17B2CA

105455595_262047068359155_3201041516978519091_n.png?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=6iFALATdH3cAX8V9mvA&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=89b0b1a220eaa8634619459f399da52d&oe=5F1848D4

Lana is currently in her last semester and is dating a vampire herself. Lana is a bit more of a traditional vampire compared to others. She is the type that asks to be invited in before she drinks the host's blood etc.
    She also isn't that strong atm considering Kassandra beat her up earlier.
    105291308_294873471701381_1238285380850910068_n.png?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=Jgqt9C8qgHoAX-DFaC6&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=1013f06fdc34909b9b98f010dc1f662e&oe=5F186D3C

Soon Aphrodite, Athena and 2 other relatives will depart to college. I might have J and Audrey have children beforehand.

To round this up here are Aphrodite and her twin sister Athena:
    105668962_270003860994847_4131694755621323382_n.png?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=m6OTgC-jehcAX9W3RFx&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=9ed47e11af15cea6d7ad1865bb3eb5f0&oe=5F18E734

105615022_191046595641136_6733392266490796724_n.png?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=DhCY3Z1jY3EAX8YjjBh&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=05088df3df2f1f34c20aab832adfb6fe&oe=5F1936E7

The two other kids are 3rica's youngest children 1 of which is a merman and the other is a half-sibling of Alexios and Kassandra. So yes, 3rica and her clone Saar dated both the same guy at some point.

Edit: The 4 kids I'll be playing with soon are Aphrodite, Athena, Maaike and Jordy. This Maaike is a different character. Might change her name up a bit to avoid confusion.

Also I decided to let Audrey and J have a baby. She's called Lilith :3
    105038328_1456609671191409_2132846972056129305_n.png?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=HLh4pT8TkFQAX_OwTRh&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=ebfcea1edb201699045efa983e5f4fd1&oe=5F19D63C

Edit 2: Also Rob II broke down twice in the rain today, but I was able to fix him fast enough, every time. B)
    Post edited by rottmeister on
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member

OMG! At first I thought the robot was a vampire and is drinking plasma from the girls arm?! :D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I haven’t actually played for a couple of days. I’ve been thinking about boyfriends for the Foster twins; not sure what I’ll call Lucy’s yet. And then I also want to get back to the Mastersons.

@AlwaysAsking glad you like the name “Adults Keep Out!” :D I couldn’t really think of a good name for a kids-only club. I don’t think Sue is in a club, it’d be cool for her to start up a geeky programmers club or similar, where they can play chess and video games and make mods for computer games.

It’s my birthday next week so I thought I’d get a stuff/game pack (or two), but I’m not sure which ones. I’ll have to think about it!
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    @KiniHokulani It's good to keep feeling that tension. We're absolutely not out of the woods yet!
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Today as I was looking through the households I found that Don Lathrio married Cassandra Goth(p.s she is already an adult). I was surprised because I normally don't play with aging on so he is always with Judith. I guess since Judith died he went after Cassandra. Now I do have MCC so house holds sims can divorce and get married when they feel like. It was a very "What are the odds" moment.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member

Excerpts from the Journal of Omar Benali
    “Second Term”

-Last year before the end of the term, I had gone to the student housing office and asked about the possibility of getting my room redecorated in a color other than pink. The lady, I forget her name, was a nice motherly type and she told me that the year before all the dorms had been set up as a boy’s floor then above that, a girls floor and so on. So, the reason my room was pink was because it had been a girl’s floor the year before. And that they didn’t quite get finished with converting everything as planned, but she would put in the request for me.
    She also explained that it had been a logistical nightmare before, and that a new board member, a Mr. Landgraab, had led a big push to put an end to that and make each wing either one sex or the other. The dorm is basically two separate towers joined by a walkway between in the middle floor. She said it was so much simpler now to monitor the comings and goings of the students since the change. Because they only had to have the sign in stations at the ground floor and on the walkway now. Then I told her that my Uncle Kyle was on a bowling team with a man named Geoffrey Landgraab, and perhaps they were related. Well, the new board member is, in fact, Geoffrey Landgraab. I think this name drop was kind of a big plus for me, because my room is now blue. Yay!-

-I’m taking 2 core classes again and a charisma class, mostly because I heard it was an easy “A”, it’s a lot of stuff about being polite and stuff like that, which I think I can manage. Almost everyone is back this year, I mean, the guys from the first term just stayed, some switched rooms and stuff but no one requested leaving for another dorm. Probably, like me they were thinking it’s better to keep the devil you know than take a chance. No one is really horrible or a complete tool and so, I guess we all figured better safe than sorry. Just Boston Chappell is gone. The new guy who replaced him is Jake Hall, a totally blond, blue eyed, good looking, athletic guy who also happens to be into sports and is super peppy and on the Spirit Squad. Yeah, the kind of guy you can’t help but like but still kind of don’t. Later on, Oliver told me that the word is that Boston flunked out, he had been spending a lot of time hitting the bubble blowers and juicing up a lot in a house in Britechester where students can go to do that, none of which I knew or even suspected.

IhtXJwJ.jpg
    Jake Hall

-So, while I was at class, Cadence stopped by the dorm. And, of all people, Alex talked to her, then when he found out she was my ex girlfriend, everyone who was on the floor at the time was suddenly interested in talking to her. Eventually, Oliver gave her some stationary, he has stuff like that, and let her write me a note and slip it under my door. Thank you, Oliver. I hate I missed her, and I kind of hate that she was alone with all the guys on the floor, because who knows what they said to her. Oliver said she was visiting some girl friend of hers at the University of Britechester and just stopped by. I guess she was kind of afraid to text or call first, which I totally get. A lot of questions came up after, from the guys, who all wanted to know really personal stuff that I wasn’t about to go into. As to the note, it was pretty friendly, I guess, she just hoped I was doing well at school and stuff and told me she missed home a lot, but that is was really weird to be home now because of the baby, because everything is changed. I kind of suspect it isn’t because of the baby, and I wish I had been able to tell her “you can’t go home again”-

-I saw a flyer somewhere for the upcoming homecoming and open house at UofB, and an idea sprang into my head. So, on Saturday morning, I went over there, I had tried to casually leave but Alex caught me in front of the dorm and asked what I was up to. That guy has a radar, I tell you, so I came clean, I said I was going over to UB to the homecoming open house and that I was going to go to the girls dorm and try to talk to some girls, he wanted to come with. So we went, there was a table full of food in the lobby, complements of the culinary Arts Department, which we as casually as possible totally scarfed down, after eating mostly microwave food, you don’t pass up food that is not prepackaged. And eventually, we made our way to one of the upper floors where there seemed to be a few girls hanging out. Alex immediately zeroed in on a plain girl wearing a floral print dress with thick glasses, and behind his back waved me off. Hint taken.
    I milled around till I ran into a pretty girl with medium length black hair and darkish skin, but like a white person dark skin, not as dark as mine. Her name was Sofia Presley and I talked to her a bit and eventually flirted some while telling a few of my best jokes. Eventually she offered me some “juice” from her mini fridge, so we went to her room and sat on one of the 2 beds and drank some juice and talked a bit more. And then she told me that I looked a lot like a guy from a boy band that she used to listen to when she was younger, which I‘ve been told before, and that she had a big crush on him. So, I made a move, I didn’t think about it or analyze it, I just did it. She didn’t get mad. So I tried a little more, and we started to make out. She got up and locked the door and sat next to me and well, we went way past stuff I had done with Cadence right away and then we woohooed, we woohooed two times in a row. I was there till way up in the afternoon. Then she said that she had to go to the game and invited me to come, but I told her I had to get back, as I had some studying to do and we kind of left it there.-

0oHxJUK.jpg
    Sofia Presley

-There’s this club on campus called ‘Bot Savants, they have an exposition every year. I went the first year and talked to a few of the people from the club, they build servos and ‘bots and stuff like that and get together to share ideas and stuff, it seemed so cool. But back then I was way too busy with school and E-Sports already. This year, I went, and one of the guys I had talked to last year was there, so I just asked how I could go about joining it. He remembered me and that I was physics major and told me I was in right away. I am so psyched, they meet a couple times a week for a few hours, but you don’t have to go or anything, not like E-sports. My first meeting was at the commons, where they have two workstations and Lucjan, the guy from before and a girl named Loren, both showed me a bunch of stuff and got me started on making a toy talking robot. Not a huge thing, I know, but it’s a start. I got a t-shirt for joining, and now I have sweats and a tees all with college logos and writing, I’m such a total geek. Some of the people are like me and are planning to be mechanical engineers, but a bunch of them are just hobbyist, one girl, Mikayla, is an art major, who would have though?

Vlko4lJ.jpg
    The ‘bot Savants from left to right: Damian Hawk, Mikayla Whiting, Lucjan West, and Loren Noonan

-Salim showed up, with of all people, Mr. Landgraab, and we went to Britechester to the pub and they bought me lunch. It’s really a treat not to eat microwave food. Anyway, while we were there, a girl named Becca Clarke came in, I had talked to her before when the ‘Bot Savants had a mixer there and I had flirted a bit. So I introduced her to the adults, oh yeah, I’m also an adult, well you know what I meant. And was as charming as possible without seeming too obvious. Eventually Salim and Mr. Landgraab left and I stayed awhile and talked to Becca some more, she lives off campus with her BFF from childhood and goes to UB, she studies Language & Literature, so I guess she is into books like Salim. But I had to leave after a while, schoolwork beckoned.-

-Lucas dropped by, he had big news, nah, he dropped a bombshell, Max has eloped with some girl that was a friend of his sister. So the story as Lucas told me is, he go this job as an assistant to some old guy who is the Villareal family attorney. He’s letting Max work for him till he passes the bar and then will eventually let Max take over most of his practice so he can semi-retire. As a result, Max was staying with his sister and brother in the family mansion, till he could get a place of his own. So this girl Polliana (DeMure), what a name, right? She recently moved to Windenburg and had become friends with Luna, Max’s sister, I guess. So the usual Max lines were no good, see, she already knew a lot of stuff about Max. And with his sister and brother around, he was kind of forced to actually be himself around her. Somehow, and this part is kind of conjecture, they went out on a date and one thing led to another and Max fell for her. Lucas says she is a very pretty seemingly nice blond girl, so he has no idea what she sees in Max. But in all fairness, that’s not a rational sort of thing that anyone can really judge anyway. Wow, I have to meet this girl.-

-I’m getting the second term spread, I was down to one of my oldest pair of clean nudies, which have superheroes on them if that tells you anything, and the elastic, well, stuff was hanging over the elastic, like flab. So, I took up jogging, which is easy and requires no big trip to use equipment and there are lots of places to run really close. Plus, Alex made a comment one day about when was I going to outgrow my baby fat, so yeah. Definitely need to get a handle on this now.-

-I threw a Keg Party in the dorm, well, not exactly, so the guys had all been talking and wanted to throw a big bash before finals, but after they took up a collection for a keg, they were way short. So, I was kind of into it myself, and I said I’d make up the difference. They immediately voted me the official host, which meant I had to do all the planning and buy the keg, somehow I don’t think it was meant as such a big honor. But we invited whoever we could think of and decorated with balloons a bit. OK, Oliver totally handled that part.
    So when it was getting started and I tired to tap the keg, I got juice all over myself and had to change and clean up. In the mean time, a lot more people showed up and it was kind of turning out to be a bust at that point cause, well, no juice, so I finally got the pump thing to work, engineer here guys. But by then everyone was kind of just standing around and things were not looking like much of a party. So, I asked Alex, cause he’s kind of muscled, to lift me up for a keg stand, to kind of get things going. Which he did, but right after, he kind of dropped me, it was, I don’t think an accident, he did it so I landed flat on my back but it really didn’t hurt. And that kind of was like a huge icebreaker, everyone laughed and started talking and getting juice after that. Alex, like I said, kind of has a radar sometimes about stuff, and I think he knew we needed something to get the party going, but I’m sure dropping me on my tush was an added bonus.
    So the party did turn out to be a big success from all accounts we heard later on. But, I kind of messed up. See, I had been hitting the keg quite a bit, I was talking to Becca and another girl who was there and I was, well pretty juiced, and I was really flirting, like I totally flirted with both girls standing right there at the same time. Not good, then I was talking to Oliver and I, Ok, well, I definitely said something to him that was way over the line as a joke or kidding and he took as an offer, like a wohoo offer. So now I’m wondering if Becca thinks I’m a total jerk and my friendship with Oliver is really strained. Now he makes comments and stuff whenever we’re alone. I don’t want to be mean or say stuff to him that would hurt his feelings, but I’m just not into guys at all. But saying that to him and now and apologizing and taking it back later sounds like a lie now, I guess, Uncle Kyle warned me about stuff like this, overindulging, he wasn’t joking.-

-I saw this girl who looked really familiar at the bar one night when the ‘Bot Savants were having one of their mixers. She looked exactly like this girl I knew from school, Lilith, but not really like her, she was dressed way differently and had her hair different, but had the same face. I went over close to her and she totally did not recognize me or anything. So finally I asked her about it, turns out, Lilith and Angela are identical twins. Guess she gets that a lot, so we talked a bit and she seemed like a really nice kind of girl like Becca, so I was not pushing the flirting, well, OK, I totally flirted a little, come on. She’s pretty and I’m a straight guy.-

-I must be chock full of charm, the charisma class was a easy, the easiest one I have had here and I am still an “A+” student.-

Note: This is my first time playing DU, and I'm finding it a lot of fun but kind of intense. So, I'm just now catching up on everyone else's posts.

@haneul About the first date and kiss, Omar and Cadence had already known each other a long time, even from school before the bowling team, and had a really high friendship, so I kind of saw the date as them trying to take their friendship that was already high to a romantic one, so I felt they really needed to test the waters on the date.

@Koteyka Wow, I did not see the dark turn coming, because your sims and the photos from your game are so picturesque, it was a shock, I really like how you are handling it, the emotional effects on everyone. It's really interesting, good job.

@Hoverael There is a program/app called Sims 4 Tray Importer, one of the tings it does, is let you backup your households, lots and rooms as labeled zip files. I use it to save all the tray files I want to keep. I have them all in an external HD categorized into folders. Keeping my library pretty empty makes my game run a lot better too. I apologize if you already knew about this.

@AlwaysAsking Wow, the spell-casters house you built is really good, I don't have ROM, I don't really play supernatural stuff in my games, but if I did, I'd totally want to DL that house. I can't build, so have to rely on people like you to house my games.

@ryttu3k Thank you so much for always commenting on my posts, it's nice to know that someone else is following along on what has turned out to be, for better or worse , "The Trails and Tribulations of Omar Benali", lol.

Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Sofia & Luna

Flower-for-Luna.png
    Love Day was finally here. Sofia had been looking forward to it all day yesterday. She picked her outfit a million different times but eventually it was all lain out. On the morning of, she did her makeup, brushed her hair and put on her prettiest picked outfit. Luna would be blown away. And what do you know? She was. She barely recognized Sofia when she came walking up. She looked absolutely incredible and hadn’t looked like this in months. It was a whole transformation. Sofia ended up surprising her with a purple flower, as a token of appreciation. Luna had been there for her and she wanted to show her a good time today. Luna was touched and gladly accepted the thoughtful gift.

First-Date-With-Luna-and-Looking-Pretty.png
    They sat down together and started talking. Luna complimented Sofia on her looks. A blush appeared on Sofia’s cheeks and a smile spread from ear to ear. Her preparations had paid off. Luna could see that Sofia was actually putting in the effort and trying to make this work which is all Sofia wanted to achieve. Sofia wanted to be the person you’d introduce to your kid, not the one to tell them to run away from.

Talking-with-Luna-at-Cafe.png
    They ended up grabbing a drink and some lunch together. They sat on the café terrace the entire afternoon, talking. They got along swell and it was everything Luna didn’t expect but hoped for anyway. She didn’t need a fancy date. All she wanted was a quiet place to talk and get to know the other person which is exactly what happened. They discussed their feelings about Sofia’s and Hugo’s breakup shortly, but moved on from that quick so as not to ruin the mood. Luna told a lot of stories about Allyson which made Sofia more curious about her. She’d seen Allyson at the Winterfest party, but hadn’t talked to her at all. Allyson knew who Sofia was because she was Hugo’s fiancé. It wouldn’t be an easy task to explain this new development to a child, but Luna felt like she might want to in a few dates time, if Sofia managed to keep this composure.
    Luna

Getting-Rose-from-Allyson-for-Love-Day.png
    At the end of the afternoon, Sofia and Luna said their goodbyes with a simple kiss. Nothing more and headed to the library where Allyson was hanging out after school. Luna’s services as a substitute teacher weren’t needed today so she felt anxious about how her daughter was feeling. She needn’t have worried. As soon as they met up, Allyson gave Luna another flower. Her second one of the day, but this one meant so much more. Tears welled up in her eyes. Parenting was hard. No one seems to tell you that, but when you have to do it alone, it sometimes seems almost insurmountably impossible. This moment, a little girl holding out a flower for you to take, makes all that negativity fade away. It doesn’t exist. She took the flower gratefully and stared at it with one single tear running down her face.
    ‘Gosh, mom, you’re embarrassing me!’
    That was more like it.

Having-Dinner-with-Allyson.png
    They went home together where Luna cooked spaghetti. They had a cozy dinner together at the bar in the kitchen, Allyson rambling about her day at school. Luna didn’t experience any of it with her, so it was nice to hear Allyson describe every single detail. She treasured this time together as she knew the next day could be the exact opposite again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top