Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited June 2020

I'm about to leave my computer for a week of dogsitting, but I've played enough for another update.

8cMASJi.png
    In Strangetown, the bizaare plant life and environmental effects Charlotte has been documenting are growing worse. The photos she has sent were enough to stir Ani from her Sulani beachlife slumber. She made Charlotte a surprise visit, and has moved into her daughter's home to join the investigation. (This really happened! I'd been planning on moving Ani in for the story, and then she just showed up to visit after the plants started getting bigger.)

cdm6YY3.png
    Their combined investigation has proven fruitful, though the other kids can't help but notice that Charlotte has stopped talking about it.

pcqsNZd.png
    Duncan and Colm have moved out, to Del Sol Valley. Duncan is a gifted musician, skilled in the piano, guitar, and singing, and he also developed his acting skills throughout his teen years. He's eager to break into show biz, but so far all he's done is break in to fatherhood.

N68cM1V.png

Ani also surprised the family by revealing, during the Thanksgiving dinner, that she was pregnant. Then she gave birth to young Ewan to prove it. Neil's kids are now: Charlotte, Kier, Duncan, Colm, Margaret, Brigid, Shannon, and Ewan.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    All I got done today was attempting to renovate Pigulock Manor, haha. About halfway through, I'd say - it'll be on the Gallery when I'm done, doing it noCC.

Also, got plenty of editing and stuff done for Simsta, so that's semi-related ;) Caleb's got into the Pride spirit!

@sunblond man, party drama! Poor Katrina, I imagine Don is a lot to deal with! Glad Than is feeling more secure and has chilled a bit. Roxie is very pretty!

@Daravi polycule problems - two panicking dads XD Hi, kiddos!
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited June 2020
    @ryttu3k
    oof, four siblings XD At least I only had one, and only had to deal with cousins on occasion!
    Five, actually! One is older. But I was considered 'the oldest' for a very long time because I was the most active and loudest one :D
    JEEZ TONY D8 Eleven... *gulps* Yeah okay I'm with Thor that does not sound good :-\ Aww ssshhhhword I can't say on the forums D: ...Yeah, that is bad :( Well. Now my heart hurts ;_;
    Gahh, I'm hurting too even though I'm the one doing this :weary: I'm still tying (well, kinda) all of the births and deaths to the MCU and since there Tony Stark died before Morgan aged to a kid (I'm talking like it's the sims but hopefully you get what I mean :sweat_smile:), Tony in my game should as well. Originally he was supposed to pass away even earlier, when Morgan was 4-ish years old (since that was her approximate age in the MCU when Tony died) but when I was thinking about it months ago while writing the dream update, I decided it would feel way too soon. Especially since it meant he'd miss out on Peter's birthday, and Halloween, and Thanksgiving, and both Kat's visit and the Starks visiting her would have to be crammed up in one month. So no way was I letting him go mid-summer. The perfectionist part of me still thinks I should've and is kinda unhappy with the final result but the important part is that Tony can't see Morgan age up :'(
    Thank you!

@Daravi
    After reading the story I was shortly looking for a downvote button *blush*, because of I was shocked and that awesome button didn't felt right at this moment :'( . No Tony, I don't want to see him go. It's not good, it is hard to see and saying farewell to a beloved character which I have followed several months now.
    I feel terrible about it too, he's one of my most dearest sims :pensive: Sadly, it was always going to end this way. But don't worry, I'll find ways to still play with him, whether that'll be though flashblacks, memories, imagination or perhaps something else. Even after his death, Tony won't be forgotten, I love him too much :relieved:
    Thank you!

"You're very quiet today, Tony."
    At76Ax0.jpg

"Obviously. What have I got to say?"
    K4HTNnG.jpg

"Tony, the idea of our meetings is for you to be able to say what's on your mind. Because if you bottle all of your thoughts inside of your head, how can I help?"
    EiMdh4Z.jpg

"There's nothing you can do to help. No one can help."
    3G64EaG.jpg

"Is that how you feel? Helpless?"
    0aH55Sm.jpg

"Surprisingly, I don't feel anything."
    "Tony-"
    IHx05xJ.jpg

"I don't know! How- How am I supposed to feel!? You're the doctor, you tell me! I don't know what I feel, I don't know how to react, I've got a week to live, two, at most! Everyone's looking at me like... like... like I'm going to drop dead any second! Peter's a wreak, Steve quit his job, Morgan's... We don't even know how to explain it to her... How am I SUPPOSED to feel!? Tell me, Lily! Because I have no idea, I've never been in a situation like this one!"
    fWzBvVr.jpg

"Tony, this isn't about what you're supposed to feel. Everyone deals with death differently, it's perfectly fine. But if you shut yourself out from everyone else and don't let your emotions out-"
    1mGw3Jo.jpg

"Then it will only make Steve feel worse. I don't want him to see me hurting."
    u0ePrlJ.jpg

"If Steve was in your place, wouldn't you want to know how he feels?"
    n5k5zeC.jpg

Tony sighed.
    Yj0BX3U.jpg
    He silently got up, reached to the little wooden clock and moved the arrows to the time when their appointment was supposed to end.
    3u7aDoE.jpg

"Sorry, Lily."
    u6TOJaL.jpg

"I'll think on what you said..."
    eCDYYxk.jpg

"I just don't feel like having this conversation right now."
    rNYwyC2.jpg
    More under the cut:
    I used to be fine with never feeling entirely happy. Never seemed like something I deserved to have, not entirely. But the last few months... They almost seem unfair now. A joke.
    xts8pcg.jpg

Because that thing people constantly chase, that perfect happy ending after which you've got nothing to worry about except living one day after the other in complete and entire happiness, that thing barely anyone manages to reach... I achieved it. Took me years, some more painful then others, but I did. I got to the point when I could wake up every morning without a single thought of worry. Where the only meaning of my life was to be happy and make others around me happy.
    2REX5S9.jpg

Suppose it was too good to last long. Suppose that's the reason why it didn't. Suppose it's the reason why most people never achieve it - perfect happiness simply isn't a part human nature - we constantly need problems to move further. Suppose I should feel grateful that I felt it at all - let alone for so many months. But it's like... It's almost like if I didn't have that, dying would be much more easier.
    RsxMCRy.jpg

"Tony, darling, I was thinking... We don't really have much customers right now, I can manage the shop on my own..."
    ccEYjIm.jpg

"Are... are you firing me?"
    LUV7xlm.jpg

"No! Of course not! But given the circumstances... Wouldn't you want to spent more time with your family?"
    "I- I- I suppose... I..."
    tnwrhw4.jpg

Everyone's expecting me to know what to do. I don't. I don't know what should I do, I don't know how should I react. Order myself a coffin? Write goodbye letters?
    sdOTydo.jpg

I don't even know what to tell Morgan. But I feel that she's sensing something.
    6Y5THX7.jpg

Peter didn't take the news well.
    dMutdzu.jpg

He pretty much 'shut down' ever since we told him. Spends a lot of time in his room.
    hCnKnhj.jpg

Steve is the worst. He tries to look calm but I know he's screaming on the inside.
    tnAWUl3.jpg

I can't remember the last time he took care of his plants.
    iJZuSZH.jpg

He breaks every single time we spend without the kids.
    "There has to be something we can do... Maybe- Maybe you were diagnosed wrong, or- I don't know..."
    OeBjcQx.jpg

"I'm not letting you go..."
    i15nc4Z.jpg

"I'm not gone yet. I'm here, I'm alive, see?"
    "Well for how much longer?"
    VIWDeoe.jpg

"I don't know."
    "Neither do I..."
    WpFAb1v.jpg

"And it's killing me, Tony! How will I ever be able to live without you... I can't let you go, I'm not letting you go..."
    It's killing us both. And there's nothing we can do about it.
    DpS5HsH.jpg

So now we're here again. Stuck with me writing a diary.
    csnOYqC.jpg

Because yet again, I just don't know what else to do.
    6T3vlpT.jpg

"Alright, time for bed..."
    FrxAcYo.jpg

"But I don't wanna go to bed!"
    yi6E95N.jpg

"Yup, me neither," Tony sighed. "But that's just life."
    qIyMiWC.jpg

"Tell me a story!"
    "A story... uh..." Tony paused. "Once upon a time, Morgan went to bed. The end."
    yaboJXs.jpg

"Pfft, that's a horrible story," Morgan snorted.
    j68ILW3.jpg

"Come on, that's your favourite story!" Tony chuckled.
    Ww2SUme.jpg

"Now good night. I love you tons."
    RpW2J68.jpg

"Daddy?" Morgan whispered.
    fFWJ0Fx.jpg

"Yes Morgie-bear?"
    1wZ6Lxc.jpg

"I love you three thousand."
    rnJ3jKd.jpg

2nuu4hf.jpg

Tony sighed, gently getting up.
    "Three thousand," he whispered.
    6sgRKAc.jpg

"i'm scared to go. I don't want to leave you. Or Peter. Or Morgan..."
    QLsn5GC.jpg

"I don't know why but... I thought I had at least ten more years. I hoped to see Morgan grow up... But I never will, will I."
    0PkKUk5.jpg

"Oh Tony..."
    "I keep thinking about her," Tony sighed. "Sometimes I wonder, whether it'd be better if... if she had your genes, not mine."
    "Tony, don't-"
    3uDzfHX.jpg

"Nick said something to me. He said... said it was incredibly selfish of me to let my genes pass on. And if it'd be you it'd be a cute blonde kid with a strong and healthy body... And I know it didn't mean anything, I know it was just Nick being Nick, but..."
    bc0WgCx.jpg

Tony bit his lip.
    "I'm starting to think he might've had a point... What if she's going to have the same problems as I do? I'm weak... My eyes are weak, my heart is weak... what if-"
    mHmkH8T.jpg

"Tony, this didn't happen because you are weak," Steve whispered. "This happened because of Nick."
    NoJbbuy.jpg

"And the fact that you were able to hold yourself together for this long, considering everything he did... it makes you much, much stronger then anyone else I know."
    gffddpC.jpg

"Besides, if it wasn't you... She wouldn't be Morgan. And we love our sassy bossy Morgan, don't we?"
    "Yeah..." Tony sighed.
    sK16TZ6.jpg

He backed away a little. For a few minutes they were completely silent. And then Tony spoke.
    "Do we really... have to be miserable? Can't we just... can't we just live a little? Like nothing happened?"
    pHudevc.jpg

"Like nothing happened..."
    Eet0uNg.jpg

"It's just that... There's nothing we can do," quietly said Tony. "So the only thing we can do is... well... accept it. Move on. Live however long we've got left..."
    j4qIwM1.jpg

"I don't know... Can we?.."
    Tony shrugged.
    ZRrHekM.jpg

"There's nothing to be done, so... The only thing I'm disappointed about right now is that I'll miss out on Christmas. And Thor loves Christmas."
    0ECEiSl.jpg

Steve smiled a bit. Being worried about Christmas when their whole life is falling apart seemed almost funny.
    "We'll celebrate it early. I'm sure Thor will be on board with the idea."
    taFSl9W.jpg

"Have it two weeks early, what to you think?"
    "Yeah, I'd like that..."
    "Better get out the Christmas tree then..."
    jMBN6Wz.jpg

"Dad?" suddenly, Peter approached them.
    NbvTnvQ.jpg

"Hey, Peter... How are you?"
    "I don't know..."
    tdOv6fb.jpg

"You weren't joking, right? You're... actually dying..."
    Qmuko9R.jpg

Tony sighed and hugged his son.
    "It's okay, Peter," he softly said. "Sometimes these things just happen earlier then we expect them too."
    yzJvSVu.jpg

"But it's so unfair, Dad," Peter mumbled, feeling like he's about to tear up. "It's so unfair..."
    jFlRz45.jpg

Qqi5f0D.jpg

"Well, at least I won't have to deal with global warming, eh?" Tony joked.
    "Yeah..." Peter smiled unsurely. "Suppose that'll be our problem..."
    ndO7XJV.jpg

"We'll get through this," Tony quietly said, looking at him reassuringly. "All of us. And in the meantime, we've got a Christmas tree to unpack. What do you say?"
    4CDkD5a.jpg

Peter smiled a bit wider.
    "Sounds great, Dad."
    And that's exactly what they did. Because now every day, every hour, every minute spent together was worth everything. And they had a choice: spend those days in misery, counting days till the end, or spend them in appreciation, treasuring the little time they had left...
    lEAod3C.jpg

And they chose second.
    0EDZQOt.jpg
    |Navigation|Beginning|Previous update|Next update|
    Post edited by Koteyka on
  • Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    I haven't played much apart from today, but a lot DID happen.

To start off, I gave Maaike a bit of a different look (she's on the left).
    104602623_2955982187955599_5982812820620605220_n.png?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=BFdhm9sfuFEAX9g7Now&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=16e3c4e17a38bce6e46d26725f4a8677&oe=5F13BBBC

Both Maaike and Audrey graduated college (hopefully I will too, this month ;) ).
    Maaike became an investor while Audrey became a double agent.

Next up both Persephone and Ophelia got married and are currently expecting. I had them move out, together with their partners after they both achieved level 10 in their carreers. Ophelia is a food critic and Persephone is a lawyer.

Here are Ophelia and firefighter Luuk:
    104175275_353247145641177_2060343959023268133_n.png?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=VsYPhA6wWewAX_5FGeI&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=895fb61dfdecec3ab86b2f127716fb14&oe=5F122616
    They live in a cosy family home in Willow Creek.

And here are Persephone and vampire Kenny who also happens to be a lawyer:
    105414579_261790215130921_4116696177720401671_n.png?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=6nvd2G7RT94AX9iBq2j&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=4c17781f4d9f2f3200ddf1afe9a85c84&oe=5F11CE99
    They live an a modern apartment in San Myshuno.

Then both Maaike and Audrey found love, but in Audrey's case it's a bit more serious. She's currently in a relationship with J Huntington III, who also is a vampire. A lot of sims got randomly generated into vampires for some reason.
    104596246_312851446392797_2439817641963010541_n.png?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=RJdoheLuIWEAX-D51Wb&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=12dba3d38c8c224f3524def71a090d5d&oe=5F1296FA

It just keeps getting worse, lol. The child of a robot and an alien got the "evil" trait and is now in a relationship with a vampire... I'm scared for simkind, lol.

And lastly Alexios and Kassandra aged up and are about to go college so I had them move in with Maaike and Audrey who will soon have their first day at work.
  • Options
    BadderWorseBadderWorse Posts: 3 New Member
    So, I did something horrible by mistake. My sim was pregnant and finally delivered the baby. Little baby boy, called him Ramy.

After coming home from the hospital, I set up the bassinet in the bedroom, and was messing about in the Shift+Click options. So I see one option that has no text (i.e. it's just a blank clickable option). Well, curiosity got the better of me, and I clicked it

Apparently that forced the baby to get taken away by child services because I wasn't feeding it. I feel so stupid! XD

Both parents are devastated. :'(
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    Kirsten was excited to begin her first day of school. As she stood outside the building, she realised that she didn't recognise anyone. She looked around hopefully, before finally spotting a familiar face - Darian Bheeda, who she knew to be a part of local kids' club Adults Keep Out!

TDkZryd.jpg

The teacher gave the new students an introductory talk, telling them all about the marvellous and fun things that they would be learning. Kirsten was keen to learn more about the creative subjects such as painting and music, which were her favourites. Yes, they would be doing plenty of that.

EFHrNZL.jpg

In fact, drawing was one of the first things Kirsten was told she could do. Feeling excited due to the upcoming Winterfest holiday, she decided it would be best to create some seasonally appropriate art. She smiled as she grabbed the silver glitter...

kKpu96Z.jpg

Music came next. Kirsten skipped downstairs towards the music room, where she picked up a violin. She began to wince as she drew the bow across the strings, appalled at the awful scratchy noise coming from the instrument. Hopefully I'll get better with practice, she thought.

RQ0abBM.jpg

Kirsten decided to spend a little while longer at school, seeing as she was enjoying herself so much. Although she was a little disappointed that creative lessons were over for the day, she knew that she'd have to cover a wide range of subjects in order to get good grades. And besides, she thought, maybe I'll end up enjoying some of them! She began to conduct some basic science experiments. Her teacher had said it was safe, but she was still worried that something might go wrong.

udJVWZK.jpg

The next day was Winterfest, and, appropriately, it was snowing heavily. Sue had just come up to her oldest daughter's room to share her excitement when she noticed the now elderly Ellie throwing up.
    "Oh no, Ellie's sick! She'll need to go to the vet... ugh, but I'm really hungry too..."
    Sue felt bad as poor Ellie whimpered sadly. "Sorry girl, but I won't be much use to you if I'm starving! One of the kids will take you."
    "Is she going to be ok, Mama?" Joanna asked.
    "Yeah, I'm sure she will," Sue smiled. "Brindleton Pawspital is the best vet clinic around."

SAi50v4.jpg

"Oh, Ellie!" said Oscar sadly, coming into his sister's room. "Poor girl. Come on, I'll take you to the vet, and you'll soon feel much better!"

cNn9WCJ.jpg

Oscar was a confident kid, and he greeted the waiting vet warmly.
    "Excuse me, miss, but could you help my dog? She's really not very well, she's been vomiting. I hope she'll be OK."
    "Of course she will! I'll take good care of her. Now, just inside the entrance lobby is a signing-in machine. Just tap in her name and why you've brought her."
    "Thank you, ma'am," Oscar said politely.

nzbFmJM.jpg
    wzHXhYY.jpg

Ellie trotted up the clinic steps obediently. She didn't have a great feeling about this place, but if the boy human said that she'd be made better, she knew she had to go inside. Feeling ill was surely worse than whatever treatment they could give her.

4Y1IGCq.jpg

Amie Darling had Ellie up on the examination table. She examined the little dog, who sat there patiently with a slightly mournful expression on her face. "Oh dear... looks like a case of Projectile Repugnitis," she said. "Luckily she came here when she did." She offered Oscar a choice of two treatments, and he went for the expensive option, knowing that his parents would be OK with it.

MdiZZuR.jpg

"Hey! You feeling better now?" Oscar asked.
    "WOOF!" Ellie barked, feeling much better.
    "Awesome! OK, let's go home."
    Ellie wagged her tail. She liked this human. The little humans had been particularly excited that day; Ellie was a smart dog and had picked up on the fact that something special was going on. Perhaps she'd get some tasty treats and new toys?

6sZRT7u.jpg

"Thank you so much for curing my dog, ma'am," Oscar said gratefully.
    "That's no problem," Amie smiled. "What's your name, kid?"
    "I'm Oscar Harper-Jones, ma'am."
    "Well Oscar, you take Ellie home and enjoy Winterfest. I have to stick around in case anyone else's pet gets ill."
    "Thanks again! Have a lovely day!"

iBBeLzn.jpg

Oscar clipped Ellie's leash onto her collar and the pair headed home, him dreaming of Voidcritter packs and computer games and she of chicken and squeaky bones.

• Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I'll share in both threads..but here is my beautiful twins that grew into teens today, I gave them different fashion styles, but I find them so beautiful

vRAMueG.png
    cuY4uJi.png
    yffzGnj.png
    XZj5qAg.png
    TobyiY9.png
    ZOk66LP.png
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    @Koteyka that makes sense ;_; Still means he gets to see those important things, at least...

I can see where Tony is coming from :( How do you even come to terms with that? God, poor... everyone. Not sure if it was intentional, but the shot of Peter sitting in his room - on the Avengers poster, Tony and Steve are separated by the shadow. Ow. And yeah, Morgan definitely knows something is up :( I like the idea of having an early Christmas, yeah. This is both heartwrenching and also weirdly optimistic!

@BadderWorse oh no! Can you restore from an earlier save?
  • Options
    wrswrs2wrswrs2 Posts: 935 Member
    Anyone else download the Specter family from the Gallery?
    I did and I have that Extreme Violence Mod from Sacrificial installed, and Olive is living up to her serial killer ways. I thought the app was fitting for her haha. But then someone killed her, so she's a ghost now. I added her to the family as a Ghost and she's carrying on her ways as a Ghost, kind of like on AHS Hotel!

In other news I tried to remake the Alto Family and their house but modernized, and I am on my 3rd attempt to redo it! This time as just a modern house - across the way from the Landgraab family, who they hate! I usually don't use any CC, but I needed to get some for this house redo...
    http://ecoast.tumblr.com/ --- Simblr + Im Kreis Custom Content
    http://tmmts4.tumblr.com/ --- Top Model Magazine Cover Archive
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member

Haven't been taking many pictures of my sims but my 12th generation heir is almost young adult (:

Parents of my 12th gen kids:
    Robin Jang
    qzZiffj.png

Jeb Harris
    COl52Db.png

Here are all the kids from the 12th generation.

Eden Harris (Cypress' Twin)
    HDRnH2h.png

Cypress Harris (Eden's Twin)
    jfvvrxP.png

Juniper Harris (Next Heir)
    Hbfqkyr.png

Basil Harris
    ywrZUUw.png

Eco Lifestyle is driving me crazy because for some reason it keeps generating tens of aliens in my save (Don't know why since that pack has nothing to do with aliens). As someone who doesn't like occults, I hate constantly having to delete all of them... All of my worlds are already packed full of sims, I don't want 20 aliens to suddenly start moving into the houses ._. They also spawn with CC even though I've gone through my entire mods folder and disabled everything from randoms and aliens >_> Wish we would have a toggle to turn aliens off completely in-game.

e5Wlbog.png

Another one spawned as N.A.P. Inspector x_x It's so annoying
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @PeculiarPlumbob I love how unique and gorgeous your sims always look! It's such a joy to see them around.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I finished Llama Elementary School, but it’s currently Winterfest in the game so nobody’s at school. I’ll follow Joanna next, since she hasn’t got long left as a child. Then I’ll have to put in a high school. One thing about the school lot assignments is that there’s no list of required objects, so a lot of it is guesswork. That’s why I downloaded a school from the gallery at first.

I quite liked doing the more “storytelling” way of sharing screenshots, it was something I wanted to experiment with. It’s not so easy when you don’t have a definite storyline you’re following like @DeafSimmer and @Koteyka .
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I started a new save file today, and sent my sim to the Spa. Well, turns out the Spa I downloaded off the gallery has the Clothing Optional lot trait. This, my friends, is what makes The Sims great.

waUTAPT.png
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member

Excerpts from the Journal of Omar Benali

-Well, I don’t know where to start, so much stuff happened, practically all at one it feels like. Growing up stuff is getting exponentially harder it seems like. Ok, I’ll go chronologically, I guess, but everything is all mixed up and connected too.-

- I‘ve been applying to colleges for awhile now and scholarships. OK, so this is the ting, I feel bad, I got scholarships, a full ride, everything paid. Which is great, but Uncle Kyle and Salim, they got the money to pay for it, so I know that sounds kind of bad, like me expecting them to foot the bill and all. But Lucas and Iggy, they both have student loans, money they have to pay back, or they can’t go. They didn’t get a full ride. It makes me feel really bad somehow, I don’t know.

-I had a birthday, I’m officially grown up, no wait, first, I made a deal with Iggy, I resigned as the bowling team captain, so he could take over and that way he could put that on his scholarship application to the bowling league, which offers scholarships. But they are limited, I had already got one, so I wanted him to get a boost by being the President, also that would open up a position on the team, so Iggy could let Roxie join. But, that’s not how it happened though, it’s kind of mixed up like I said, everything was happening all at once and is kind of connected.

UAPHh3D.jpg
    Bet his wish concerned a University acceptance letter.

-See, after my birthday, Cadence dumped me. I was at her house like usual, and she told me that with both of us graduating and going to different schools, by then I was accepted into college, more later on that, we should “just be friends”. I did not take it well, I got really, I mean major league angry, I said some mean and hurtful things, and she just stayed calm and tried to explain it again to me, which just made me even madder. I finally stormed out of the house and slammed the door and everything, like a big baby. And I haven’t talked to her or anything since. Which is also why I resigned form the bowling club, it’s a big part, sure I wanted to help Iggy and Roxie out, but there was a huge thing in it for me. I wanted to show Cadence how much I was hurt and make her feel bad and stuff, ‘cause I am all grown up and mature now, right? So connected, stuff is mixed up together now.-

tjQyah0.jpg
    The "let’s just be friends" talk.

-Waiting for acceptance letters was making me a nervous wreck, and Uncle Kyle and Salim were not helping ‘cause they were as anxious as I was, which just made it worse. So, I decided to go to the city overnight and stay with the guys. I had an open invitation from them to “crash” with them anytime I wanted, so I did. They were all home that night and we hung out and just talked, we didn’t watch TV or pay games. We were talking about stuff and it, I guess, kind of made me feel grown up, I don’t know, it was different somehow from when we hung out and talked before in high school. I learned a lot too.
    I guess Max is kind of a ladies man, he goes out to clubs and manages to bring home women to spend the night or he doesn’t come home till the next day, a lot. While Lucas and Alexander are, to be blunt, less experienced with women than I am, I didn’t tell that part, I am not a kiss and tell guy, no matter how mad or upset with Cadence I am, or was. Whatever. Plus, Max is planning to be a lawyer, OK? And Alexander is studying to be a teacher, that guy really loves school, right? Lucas is still undecided, but has time since he goes to college part time, money stuff, I assume.

-I did get into the Foxbury Institute, like I was hoping, plus I got a full ride with scholarships and so I am basically not having to pay for college, or I should say, Uncle Kyle and Salim aren’t having to pay. They offered me a place in the Distinguished Degree program for Physics. Which, if I don’t flunk out or anything, means I graduate with a much better degree that a normal one. That way I can be a mechanical engineer like Mr. Gilly. See, I had talked to him a couple times about it, he has a cool workstation in his backyard where he wants to build ‘bots. Which I thought was the coolest thing I had ever heard in my whole life and is something I really want to do myself. When I first brought it up to Uncle Kyle and Salim, Salim was like, it will be hard Omar, perhaps harder than anything you have ever done before, and pursuing this degree will be like your AP classes on steroids. Uncle Kyle said, that everyone should follow their dreams, but that Salim was right, I had to apply myself 100% to it, and that nothing in life worth doing or having was free. So, I had to be really sure it was what I really wanted in my heart, and that if it was, he and Salim were behind me 100%.-

-And guilt, I was bragging to Iggy about getting in and my scholarships and his face was all, sad, like he told me he was happy for me, that I was really lucky. Later on, I found out he had to apply for student loans even with the bowling scholarship and that he still had to go to a college in the city that is way cheaper than where I’m going. And so will have to move in with the guys, instead of actually living at college, and have to get a part time job. So, yeah, big time guilt, cause Iggy and Lucas are both struggling financially just to go to college, and here I am with the means to go wherever I want and I get a full ride. Life ain’t fair.-

-Oh, and sometime after the break up Mrs. Gilly had a baby boy, like, Oopsie. She was really huge the night Cadence broke up with me, ‘cause I couldn’t look at her in her bathing suit, it seriously weirded me out. But I heard through the grapevine that Mr. Gilly is really happy about having a boy, but I mean, you’d think with two kids almost grown they’d want to be done, right?-

-And, Than, he is really bummed, he doesn’t want me to go away to college, I guess he has abandonment issues or something, but he is seriously upset that I am going off to Uni soon. No matter how much we explain to him that it’s all part of growing up and that he will do it too someday, he totally is not having any of it. So, that makes me feel bad, like that I’m making undue stress in his life. (sigh)-

-Lucas showed up one day, he was staying with Alexander’s at his parent's house for the weekend, he said they both needed to get out of the city and that he was dying for a home cooked meal that wasn’t mac and cheese from a box. We talked about me a bit, my college stuff. More about my break up, to which he listened patiently, he really is a good friend. Then, he told me some other stuff. So the thing is, Max lies to girls, he tells them stuff just to get them to woohoo him. Like, he is an astronaut or spy and may not make it back home after the next mission. He lays it on thick how he is a orphan, anything to get them to feel sorry enough or whatever, so he can get them to woohoo with him. Max is constantly trying to ‘help” Lucas and Alexander “score” and introduces them to girls and builds them up with lies too when they go to clubs and stuff. Lucas hates it, he says Alexander does too, that no matter how much he would like to, you know, he really doesn’t want to be deceitful to do it. And, of course, Alexander is allergic to lies and deceit, so it makes him uncomfortable too.
    So, after he was finished, I asked him why he and Alexander didn’t move out or ask Max to. And he told me that Max paid the biggest part of the rent. Apparently, Max’s sister and brother, who are both married with kids now, bought his part of the house their dad left them. And that he is using that to pay for school and to help out both Lucas and Alexander. Lucas doesn’t have much money, his mom pays what she can for his school and stuff but it’s not nearly enough. And Alexander, well his parents pay for his stuff, but he has to give them receipts for his expenses every month and he can’t really put, money to go to clubs or buy games for the console on it, and he won’t fib. So, Max ends up fronting money for the two of them a lot of times. Lucas said that, ultimately, however much Max was a bit of an as*h***, he was a friend, and that both Lucas and Alexander kind of suspected he needed their friendship a lot more than he let on. Then Lucas said that I should consider myself on the short list of Max’s friend list too, cause he really did like me a lot more than he lets on around me.
    If I’m honest, I know I’m not as “good” as either Lucas or Alexander, but I’m not as “bad” as Max. I guess having friends that are kind of different on the nice person spectrum is one of the ways I judge and weigh myself when I have decisions, that, hopefully, keeps me more honest.-
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    MilwayLangMilwayLang Posts: 180 Member
    This is the first time I play as Kemal in a serious legacy. He's apparently just my cute OC who happened to be one of my pre-sims OCs, and I usually don't get him any relationship because I don't want to ruin his relationship with my friend's OC who happened to be his husband in some AUs. I made him famous just because he's one of my main OC (non-sims) and kinda acts like an actor since he's been an MC in (almost) all of stories and AUs I made.

Kemal is a cute boi. He's an artist, makes art (any kind except music. He's been [kinda] successful in illustrating and painting career) for a living. He can cook (this stove is cheap, or he's been away from his body because of thinking about his debt, i'm not sure)

"This is fine"
    02-25-20_9-27-43%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Hello, my name is Soop Kreem. You can check my Adams' Family Tree

yh.jpg
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited June 2020
    Nothing really exciting happened in my game. I try to skill the toddler to level 5 before I'm going to age them up.

Sometimes my family needs some money. Only Tomax has his regulary career, while Charlotte is a freelancer. Most of the time has no trouble with the machine, but sometimes the machine is a little bit rebellious. I'm thinking of let Charlotte to take a new job.

lbmxfPC.png

One day in the week we have a yardsale where we sell our products like candles, fizzy juice and honey. Some clients need obviously something else. *cough* Mortimer.

5BwFF34.png

The kids love to hear stories...

asAfDVc.png

... and playing with the parents ...

WcScOV4.png
    wIjhcfi.png
    ... and give hugs and cuddles. The toddlers have all the independent trait, but most of the time they need the attantion from the parent.

MYbKHbx.png
    rUrWpDH.png
    AnTVrXM.png

Especially Belisama needs a lot of hugs and she is really happy when she got the attention.

h7sKU2S.png

The club has a new member: Becca. She is very happy to get in this famous club, but, honey, there is no need to kiss Aarons feet for accepting you.

Xb7z2NT.png

He loves you already. :p

2twObHF.png
    Post edited by Daravi on
  • Options
    Hugo

Reaching-for-Nelson-s-Hand.png
    Hugo was nervous. It radiated off of him. He was standing in front of the most luxurious restaurant he could find, the food had to be good after all, with his date, Nelson. This was going to be their first date together and with guys in general. Both of them felt a little awkward and unsure how to approach the situation but they were willing to try and learn. The date started off good when Hugo took the first step and held Nelson’s hand. They ended up walking hand in hand towards Chez Llama.

Requesting-Table.png
    Inside, Hugo took the lead and asked the hostess for a table. She guided them towards a cute table for two. Hugo had never been here before, but he was happy he went all-out with his outfit. Otherwise he might have felt out of place in this expensive-looking establishment.

Dinner-Date-with-Nelson.png
    Ordering-Food.png
    When they were seated, the conversation flowed easily but Nelson still seemed to feel uneasy, fidgeting. Luckily, there were no people seated next to them and only behind Nelson, so there was no reason for him to think about someone potentially watching them. Hugo tried to make him comfortable by offering to order for both. He was a chef and had a broad knowledge of what would be a delicious meal.

Nelson-Making-Jokes-Trying-to-Impress-Hugo.png
    While waiting for their food, Nelson had a spontaneous idea. He jumped up and made his way towards the microphone on the platform behind him. He made himself vulnerable by giving Hugo a shout-out and telling the people surrounding him how happy it made him to be there with a guy he liked and trusted. Hugo felt embarrassed but flattered at the same time. He would have liked a little less attention, but he also recognised this was Nelson’s way of coping and showing him his appreciation. Everyone smiled politely, so as to not to make Nelson feel uncomfortable but they mostly ignored him and continued on with their own meals.

Taking-Picture-of-Food.png
    After Nelson made his way back to the table, Hugo expressed his admiration for Nelson’s bravery. He was having a great time. Nelson felt pleased and was excited when his dinner arrived. Both of the plates looked amazing. Hugo stopped him before he could get a bite into his mouth. He had to take a picture for his Simstagram and share these delicacies with his followers. You might think this was a rude or weird thing to do on a date, but Nelson and Hugo have known each other for a while now and Nelson liked Hugo for who he was, celebrity chef and all.

Saying-Goodbye.png
    At the end of an impression-filled evening, Hugo and Nelson stood outside of the restaurant. Hugo held Nelson’s hands and pressed a kiss upon them. He thanked him for a lovely evening and if it was up to him, they would do this again sometime. Hugo put all of his inhibitions aside, he knew what he wanted. Nelson liked this straightforward side of his date. He hadn’t seen it much before and it was something that attracted him. Plans for a follow-up date were quickly made and they walked towards their apartment building together, hand in hand.
  • Options
    @nerdfashion oh haha, I did that once. I also have a mod that makes things more, uh, realistic, and saw way more of Mortimer Goth than I ever wanted to see... XD;;

@sunblond man, poor Omar! He definitely needs to apologise to Cadence, though, he really didn't react well. He did very well for uni, though, and that's something he managed regardless of the financial positions of others. It isn't fun for Iggy and Lucas, though. Hope Than settles okay. I do think Omar is a good kid, even if he reacted badly with Cadence!

@Daravi man, that fabricator is cursed. I've been watching Deli's Rags to Riches and her poor Sim is having the worst kind of luck with it! Welcome to the club, Becca!

@Duvelina Hugo and Nelson's date was adorable! I loved Nelson expressing his appreciation, and Hugo's Simsta snaps XD

(By the way, I saw you replied to me in the BLM thread but it got deleted before I could read it! Was it anything important?)

Anyway, here is another update for the Fyres! The Caboose renovation can be found here.

Settling into Evergreen Harbour! It's early in the morning, and Siobhan is up making breakfast on the grill.
    pDvqVF9.png
    ...Sort of.
    JuJZjiU.png

Well, it's edible, at least! The girls tuck in.
    9Tg2CHi.png

Over their grilled fruit, they go over the details of the day. There's a much-anticipated Night on the Town coming up.
    7ZGfuKK.png

Siobhan intends to start properly looking into a job.
    txFLZgK.png

Which was one of the main reasons they moved here in the first place!
    GY384wJ.png

Morgan sounds less enthralled with the idea, really.
    d1iSr6n.png

She probably has more dumpster diving in her future, alas.
    wdZg7ky.png

On the plus side, maybe she'll find something nice for her room.
    2ErcwP6.png

Into something more appropriate! Haha I'm literally listening to Led Zeppelin as I write this.
    T5pQ4GJ.png

Over to the community centre! There's a vote coming up that Siobhan would like to participate in; she puts in a vote for a maker space.
    xieklPF.png

Morgan gets stuck in.
    ZeDLtWD.png

Siobhan is off to do some research, but not before giving Morgan a friendly warning that if she gets tetanus she'll have no one to blame but herself.
    GyqrAM7.png

Yeah, maybe the recycling machine is safer for now.
    mk3QW2O.png

Fresh as a daisy... under a cowpat.
    EtrP9ox.png

Right! That's better-ish!
    070eEUr.png

Off to the Caboose!
    E4QEPSb.png

Oh hey, it's cute!
    rqRNUnz.png

The girls immediately order their free food and drinks.
    7Dok5ul.png

Ahhhh!
    qQzkmJ0.png

After they've had their fill, they head into the game room.
    OALciuG.png

"Oh, hey!" says a friendly voice, "You're one of the new girls in the container house, right?"

"Right," Siobhan says cautiously, "And you are?"

The guy smiles. "Knox Greenburg," he says, "I'm your nearest neighbour - the crane house. Wanna play Don't Wake The Llama?"
    M43Ud9K.png

Knox turns out to be cheerful and good-natured. He's lived in Port Promise since he was a kid, and is working on greening up the place.
    hEXRqJ2.png

Knox tells his story as he caaaarefully wriggles a rod loose. "Evergreen Harbour hasn't lived up to its name for ages. The industrial stuff really gets me down, y'know? When my Mums adopted me, they taught me a bunch about the environment, and we've working for years to try and green it back up."
    yeXHwH4.png

"And - ha, got it! - we've got an idea to turn the old industrial site down at the Waterfront into a community garden."
    nm3uFP9.png

Trying to control her shaky hand, Siobhan makes a thoughtful sound. "I voted for that earlier today. I was hoping to see it be a maker space."
    QPxqHJ1.png

"Ooh, almost woke it there!" Morgan crows, and Knox nods thoughtfully.

"You'll want to talk to Tina about that. Tina Tinker - she lives the next suburb over. She's our Master Maker!"
    FcaPOVx.png

"What does a Master Maker do?" Morgan asks as she squints at the rods.
    pvjXahf.png

Knox laughs. "Makes stuff. Upcycling, mostly. Recycling scrap and using fabricators and stuff. It's not bad, I just prefer plants, y'know?"
    3IwUurQ.png

"Then," he adds as he pulls his own piece out, "There's Bess, who lives in that house near the waterway. She's all about turning Evergreen Harbour into a bourgeois capitalist wonderland."
    4FgWMzR.png

"Not biased at all, are you?" Morgan giggles, and yoinks a piece free.
    gsxXKng.png

"Aww yeah skillz!"
    ezlxNJn.png

The pleasant chat continues, with Knox promising to invite the girls over to the Greenburgs' for dinner some time.
    bGjsnH4.png

After Morgan brutally awakens the llama, Knox takes his leave.
    qv5QwS2.png

Siobhan and Morgan spend the rest of the evening hanging out and chatting...
    I5Wd841.png

Dancing...
    vxubpya.png

...and washing up with water that doesn't smell weird.
    qYTKOQn.png

Time to head home to bed, ready for another day in Port Promise!
    rStLeqD.png
    5xPZ7qc.png
  • Options
    @ryttu3k Yeah, I love it when they do stuff autonomously like getting up to use the microphone and taking pictures and me having to spin the story around it!

(Oh, all I said to was that I admired how you stood your ground and donated so much money to conquer the ignorance going on!)
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Added in two new households; The Hesnault family and Mark Billings.

Efforts on my library is proceeding slowly. i've been wanting to get a number of other households sorted including LeRoyce, Murdock, Ganton, Orridge, Navasco, Darrow, Madhunapantula, Jenkins, Kylee and what remains of the Hiroshimoto's. I have two male sims i've neglected Nils Stevensen and Chip Sorris. Still a long way from complete. I've more or less finished up from what i wanted from the previous post about 800 replies back.

I've deleted a few i can't work with any more because i got replacements for those. An example would be Earl Duquesne who has been replaced by Mark Billings. a few other households are not fit for purpose any more because i don't intend to continue or i have no use for but are still on my usb backed up if i should ever consider pulling them out of oblivion, the trouble is trying to sort though them when i do, they aren't exactly marked with household names on the files.

----

Aside from the library i've been continuing a long running save, Charlene Angelo has now become the defacto authority on food and drink, she now know everything she can on the subject, she is fully qualified to run a restaurant as well if she wishes, she had careers in being a food critic, as a chef and now in business, she has degrees with honors in culinary arts and communications as well as a mixology certification. no one else comes close to the level she is on. Laurel Plato is the next best but she looks fairly ordinary in comparison.

Charlene is also the success i was hoping Sandra Matthews could of been first, but Charlene has got to it first and has the maximum funds plus most skills levelled out.

Brandy Johansson quit her job in business and converted the Windenburg old quarter inn into a restaurant, the owners sold the pub. she has successful managed to reach 5 stars in the first 70 reviews with Aiko Hiroshimoto as chef, Aleksandr Galibrinov as host, peeping sim Cher Brantson as a waiter along with Carina Reston. Team is a well oiled machine after the first week and Aiko is constantly putting out level 3 food at excellent without issue at 175% markup.

Laurel Plato is slowly climbing the culinary ranks and intends to claw her way out of obscurity and become someone, but it is very tough with Charlene being the hottest thing around in food and drink.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @AlwaysAsking I don't think Lucas will have to wait another year, but I do play fewer hours per week than I used to so who knows? But in additional to all the other households I play, in the past year he's spent his time dating, getting married, and having a baby, waiting until she was a child before going camping again. He doesn't have so many other things to do now, so hopefully the wait for the next camping trip won't be so long.
    Danni's adorable! I have been able to keep up with that much at least. Glad to see everyone getting along. I love the way everyone knew the secret Thorne was so scared to tell, and totally were fine with it.

I've gone back to my family in Windenberg after what feels like forever. First thing that happened was that young Darius aged up to teen.
    BSIFdTV.png
    He looks a lot like his father did as a teen, though I don't have any good pictures from back then to show you for comparison. Here's his father as a YA:
    yZCCxMr.png?1

More of the new teenager below the spoiler.
    Darius took the Dance Machine trait as a teen. So I quickly got him out to the local nightclub to get started on the dancing skill.
    Ve9ryDx.png
    Morgan doesn't look impressed.

While there he hung out with Candy Behr. I aged her down to teen this spring so these two could date, so it was nice of her to stop by.
    wr9lgZj.png

First ever attempt at flirting. Looks awkward but she responded positively!
    7N5gYS4.png

A few days later he invited her over to hang out on his swings in the backyard.
    p8F1zvV.png

Got up the nerve to exchange numbers.
    eWAo0zW.png

And after that things started moving pretty fast.
    EvvL48c.png

Potentially too fast.
    lEhT3Th.png
    SPM4gbl.png
    But they're happy and I don't have mods that could provide any long term consequences, so why not?

As for everyone else in the household, the elders are still super cute.
    2JYFixW.png

Derrick is painting this scene for them, when I can get him to stay at his easel (since the last patch apparently painting is an activity that gets interrupted by every passing thought).
    NBZDsyP.png

And Khaled is still writing songs.
    6LG2R9b.png
    Khaled and Mila have both taken the last potion of youth they are allowed, so we won't have them around much longer. In the meantime they're living their life as best they can.

Also, while Darius was at the club, his father Derrick had a gathering with the Andreas Brothers club, which include his brothers and most of his brothers in law. Which allows me to segue into the rest of the family under this spoiler.
    I cracked up when I realized the upstairs stereo was playing the retro station, so I sent all the older generation up there while the teen hung out with the dj downstairs.
    3Q3U5Y7.png
    HiOpy4r.png
    That's all of them in the bottom shot. Pierce Delgato (married to Derrick's oldest sister) is in the purple. He recently aged up to adult and decided to deal with balding by shaving his head. He's talking to Finnian (youngest of the actual brothers) in the sunglasses, who recently took up yoga and it looks like that's working for him. Bruce and Walker are in the back, the oldest brother and his husband. And Derrick and his twin brother Erick are up front. The husbands of the two youngest sisters, Lucas Munch and Alexander Goth, have not been able to join the club yet because they don't know the leader, Bruce, and I originally created the club as invitation only. I'll fix that next time I play Bruce's household. The other brother in law, Wolfgang Munch, won't be joining because he's an anti-social vampire so leaving him out makes sense in character and allows me to have daytime outdoor gatherings if I want (plus I have to leave someone out because clubs can only have 8 members).

Speaking of Wolfgang, I played his household a few weeks ago so let me catch you up on his sons quick. Cornelius and Klaatu both aged up to young adult.
    Cornelius in CAS.
    83V9oSv.png

He is mean, evil, and got the negative traits for no empathy, no emotional control, and no conflict resolution. So, the first time he made an appearance while I was playing another household, of course he did this.
    ZK4SHym.png
    ZDPP02D.png

He is so Wolfgang's son.
    Oh, and he grew up a little angry that he didn't know his brother Klaatu was an alien. So I wrote this picture some dialogue.
    0m6rLA8.png
    Wolfgang: Oh, did we forget to mention that?
    Klaatu: No, I wiped his memory last week.
    Cornelius; Grrr.

As for Klaatu, he fully embraced his alien identity once he aged up. He even showed off his fancy probe to his adopted mother.
    Lx4reJN.png

He has also embraced the son of a mob boss identity, though I am very sad the suit and hat don't really match, so he dropped the hat.
    RA8ihzh.png

So... anyway back to this week with a shot of what Bruce and Walker get up to when I am not controlling them.
    fh7zbEX.png

Next time I play their house they'll age to elder, and I'm not sure I'm ready. The Adult stage is how I'm going to remember them in the long run.
    IRA76TE.png

Speaking of things I'm not ready for, Athena has taken her last allotted potion of youth also. So I made sure to keep her active when I was at their house last. Here she is with the Ladies' Night Out club. Best shot of the foosball fist bump I've ever managed to catch.
    kv1mMFa.png
    yefZNvF.png

Karaoke with Amelia.
    QcJzXGU.png
    rHLSJDk.png
    z36IX7j.png

And she took the grandkids out to an art center for painting and puppet shows.
    79d0Ezh.png

While I'm on that household, here's Pierce's official aged up CAS photos.
    IGiST4S.png
    8V9c6dw.png

And some shots of Adam playing.
    E7hWubU.png
    y2WziF8.png

I think that gets you all caught up with everyone I've played while I haven't been posting much!

I still have half a week in this household yet, so you'll hopefully be seeing Derrick and Evie's new Adult looks soon as their birthdays are coming up. And maybe some other shots of Evie, since she totally got left out of this update because she's really been doing nothing but working so far this week.

A few mentions since I kind of made an effort to catch up on at least some of this thread:

@ryttu3k Aw, I missed the Vest household. Nice to see them again!

@Koteyka You are a heartbreaker! But I love the idea of early Christmas in that situation. Give everyone an opportunity to have some joy together.

@sarabeth2984 Looks like the ghost child had a great Halloween! I probably would have revived her too, in your shoes, but glad she got to spend that particular holiday as a ghost first. And of course they'd autonomously get pregnant right after you filled the house with adopted children.

Sorry I can't keep up as much as I used to! Happy simming everyone!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top