Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited September 2019
    So …. my daughter and I went to our renaissance faire about a month ago.

eIPb16J.png

When we first arrived we walked around for a few minutes

UR5EKZ4.png

Listened to some pretty music

0jNzXO8.png

And then my daughter decided to instant message the boy that she was anxious to see.

Sometimes he is a squire and sometimes he is a knight, and she has been in love with him since 2015. (Which for some reason is five years even though it seems like it should be four to me.)

jnwdgjY.png

Anyway she Instagram messaged him to find out which corner of the jousting field he would be in. (Instagram is public, and he’s a public figure, so it’s easy to contact him. They are actually Facebook friends too) Luckily for her, he was able to answer her, because he wasn’t busy and he saw the IM come in. He answered by saying he wasn't jousting that day at all, he was selling drinks at the Unicorn Beer stand for his friend that was sick.

CXUgsWe.png

And yes, this was her reaction. This is how dramatic she is.

xvNp3ZY.png

“Mom, Colton isn't even jousting today! Why did we even come here?” was the first thing out of her mouth.

foIDk6E.png

So I calmed her down by reminding her that every year when we come to see him all we get to do is watch him joust, or be the squire, and afterwards we get to go up to the fence, and wait for him to get to you, and then you could talk to him for a minute, and you guys get your picture taken together, and that's all that you've ever been able to do.

cTL8HvW.png

I said, “This time he's going to be working at a stand, right there, accessible to you. You could actually stand and talk to him for a while, this is much better than him being in the tournament.”

She was rather awed at the discovery that I had made and she said, “Okay let's go find him quick!”

jaBgbXH.png

Thus began the 45-minute search for the Unicorn Beer stand. We know that Faire like the back of our hand, but I don't drink, and she's underage so she doesn't either. We did not know where any of the beer stands were.

wwNvgPQ.png

Under the spoiler shows you just exactly how long we walked around looking for this beer stand and this young man.
    H8nClrR.png

eIwGTWT.png

ZIUPUlO.png

RPtB4d5.png

v5hcYf9.png

F8b7oS3.png

0HJ6mnr.png

But finally! There he was. In reality he was behind the stall selling beer, but I couldn't make that work so they're standing in front of it. She was extremely excited to see him (in case you can't tell).

G48LzSL.png

NplXzdN.png

Under the spoiler you can see what they did.
    Dr9n58R.png

xtMZGoH.png

At some point the pretty girl we had seen singing, when we came in, came up to them, and looked at my daughter and said, “And who are you?” in a rather snappy tone apparently. My daughter was not thrilled.

RnmMlTR.png

But he said she was just some girl that worked there, and she has crush on him, and he didn't like her that way.

IFhPWX0.png

Does this sound like standard teenage stuff? Because it certainly is. However, they spent so much time together, that they added each other on Snapchat, (which, apparently, is a huge thing).

Qt7FrvS.png

GqBeFH4.png

I was overjoyed that he was there, and he said that she could stay there and talk to him. Because I have a pulse problem, and at that point my pulse was 138 beats per minute! (Because we had been running wild all over that fair trying to find that boy!) So the first thing I did was go to sit down and rest for a while and I find these pictures to be so funny, because that's exactly how I looked!

sMeLVYX.png

I have to have my reading glasses on, and for some reason I did not and that's exactly what I look like when I'm trying to use my phone and don't have my glasses! Lol

1oWmACF.png

Under the spoiler, how I spent my time:
    I walked around (slowly!) looking at things.

EL0eHoC.png

Got myself some lunch ….

19sLN57.png

I can't even tell you how happy I was that she was having a chance to talk to this boy that she's had a crush on for so long. It didn't bother me at all that she was there with him, and I was just walking around.

tWdlvuz.png

I did go to the last joust of the day, but I got there at the end and there wasn't much left to see.

VTL2bZc.png

By the end of the last joust, all of the horses have left the field, and all that's left is the knights fighting hand-to-hand.

iy9dCWA.png

They should have swords in these pictures, but I don't have Get Famous, so I don't have fight scenes like that! LOL

qRHgWTb.png

Anyway, at this point she had been with him for three hours and it was getting close to time to leave, so I walked back over to where they were.

O9XIu5w.png

I said they needed to say their goodbyes, and I told them to get selfies, because sometimes my daughter is too embarrassed to ask.

eO2TU27.png

4xgnMEt.png

iNgp6mK.png

And of course I did what I always do, which is take a picture of her taking a picture with someone else.

6bmGKvf.png

He was very sweet and she has been snapchatting with him daily ever since.

ncugQJv.png

The funniest thing is, he's a year-and-a-half younger than she is!

RsqnlFd.png

SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @AlwaysAsking I waited a few game days for Isabelle Lovell to age up to a toddler before using household management to move her in with Cornelius. His other daughter Betsy and her husband both have the Hates Children trait so it should be interesting.

All four Veleta children are now young adults. Juan lives with his wife Camille and daughter Lucille. Carlos is the richest of them and he lives alone in what was the Caliente house in Oasis Springs. Kallie lives in Brindleton Bay with her husband Adam. And evil Fernando stayed with their parents. He aged up with the negative Empathy and Conflict Resolution traits so that should add a little spice to his character.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I made an Alice in Wonderland household with a secret underground Wonderland home. I based the sims from both the Original Animated & updated versions of the Disney movies with a twist. I have no mods only the Sims 4 games to use. Everyone is welcome to check my Wonderland household and lot. It's under SEREFRAS in the gallery. It took me two days to make it. I really had fun making those crazy stairs.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    @AlwaysAsking since I have MCCC story progression off I'm pretty sure Diego has no women in his life... They're very good together but truth is
    I don't much play gay couples because I don't like to play with male sims, so I would end up not playing them at all... that's why I have more lesbian couples than gay couples in my game
    Max is a crybaby deep down.. he also got the squeamish trait, that's probably the reason he was homesick...
    I do like Billie a lot, she's a volcano... I'll find the way to play her!
    The other stalker was Lenny Aguilar from the gallery, he was dancing to our speaker from the outside...

@SERVERFRA I'm totally going to check it out!
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    @AlwaysAsking Yes, I'm ok, thank you! <3 Just been awfully busy: relatives visiting, a lot of work etc. And I'm like ten pages behind with this thread >.<
    Haven't been able to play lately, just checked up the latest update and aged up Wanda Vatore (because no new traits confirmed for RoM).
    She moved in with Ezra and Hella (aunt and uncle) to live in FH, closer to her parents, but still with a human caretaker.
    7y1eDqV.jpg
    2dDXBo0.jpg
    Aziv5KX.jpg
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @SERVERFRA your Alice and wonderland build sounds right up my alley. I am off to check it out.

@SiliClone your apartment remodel is amazing. I never really get into the apartments but if they looked like that - I could be convinced.

@Ellupelluellu I loved the sickly sweet part of your story - all my stories try to be something but end up that way.

@sarabeth2984 I enjoyed how you resolved the Villareal mystery. Luna is always such a grade A clinger to my teen sims and is so sad - this gave her some very good back story and justification. I am soooo impatient for Realm of magic - I loved how the floating parts of the world remind me of Disc world (as well as all the other great magical bits such as Harry potter etc).

@AlwaysAsking I love your story about your daughter. Her friend looks really sweet and it sounds like it was actually a good thing that he wasnt jousting so they could talk. a medieval fair sounds fun but we dont have that where I live -my suburb is very multicultural so we have great food fairs, chinese new year, vietnamese moon festivals and indigenous ceremonies a plenty (I probably should enjoy the city living pack moe than I do!)

@Simmelina1 Blue looks like a very interesting sim - I think she and Vlad will have interesting adventures.

@Dust_Bunny2010 I have just one question - did she find Mayor Whiskers???

I haven't posted for a bit because I was just doing some relaxing non goaled non aging family play with some of my favourite sims.

Firstly:
    Jessica and her husband Bjorn (this is one of my oldest saves and is my favourite favourite.)
    In this save Jessica is at the top of the Entertainer career and Bjorn has worked his way up to Diamond agent. They have 3 children (I think Jess wants more). They live on the midnowhere lot on Windenburg island. (Don't worry about Clara - she had plastic surgery when Bjorn left her, snagged an extremely hot young adult guy and has twin toddler boys.)

It was a shock to see the island now is infested with sims doing walkbys. When did that change? Bring back the serene private island with no rando sims!!
    Supriya Delgato walked in their backdoor, through their house and out the front door to stand on the front landing and knock on their door???
    An5iceP.png?1

Bjorn let her in - they danced together for over an hour and then she left - they never said a word.
    3gcBflm.png?1

Bjorn gained a stage in his aspiration by reading to his son. He looks mighty pleased with himself (Bjorn's usual mood).
    NVXqOPu.png?1
    aRGl87u.png?1

Bjorn's oldest son is dating Cassandra Goth - they have exchanged promise rings. LAst romance festival Malcolm Landgraab tried to steal Cassandra. Relations seemed to have improved because Edvin Ollie invited Malcolm home from school - Malcolm repaired everything - the computer, the stereo, the dolls house (admittedly he smashed that one first) and then cleaned away dirty dishes before watching TV with the others.
    H6W6zPw.png?1
    TC5WRIH.png?1

Finally Bjorn and Jessica tried the new update of the passionate romance mod. They approve of this selfie (how is it a selfie - they have no hands free for a camera? - not complaining awesome shot.)
    MoLP3r6.png?1

Then I dropped in with Brock and Alana.
    Everyone was at work and school but Zachary the toddler and Alana. She managed to feed and potty him. But he got away from her after his bath. He really is a wild child.
    Gi2izTk.png?1

She took him to Newcrest Park because it is small but she spent her enntire time trying to chase and find him. Their needs were in the red by the time I took this shot (they were green when they came here).
    JWvjlTf.png?1

so they went home to have a nap.

Brock got a promotion so Alana took him out to celebrate.

The new passionate romance action walk side by side holding hands in scary and freaky (it is only in beta and makes you appreciate the work that goes into each tiny animation.) In between staggering like weird zombies I caught this lucky image.The beta walk has promising moments and I hope they can get it right as its something I really want in game.

b1zqRKm.png?1

Their selfie was everything that I love about this couple. It was the perfect moment with these lovely sims. It really captures what their relationship is like.
    J4Z2FDE.png?1

Although Brock is a 5 star celebrity, the paparazzi are so fed up with their PDAs they don't photograph them anymore.
    mIEMkW0.png?1

I created two famous Discworld withces for Realm of Magic.
    In the books they are elders but I want to play them from Young adults to learn the realm of magic skills with them.

Gytha Ogg has red hair. Her witch personifies the "mother". She eventually has 15 children and is a bonviveur. She is her town's midwife and is a well loved member of her community. Esme (Esmerelda) Weatherwax - the blonde, is the more severe of the two. She doesn't indulge in physical love (personifies the crone) and is very powerful, respected and feared. I hopethey grow into their skills and become great elders to play. They are currently living in my magic meadows fairy house.
    90vd3X0.png?1

At the welcome wagon Gytha made a good start on those 15 children (the young man is one of my hot sim Fabian's sons).
    bo2x4d2.png?1
    A very good start!
    Fh55QvI.png?1

Esme is a lone wolf so spent the welcome wagon doing this:
    69uz1QV.png?1

They can't wait to get through the portal and find out all there is to know about magic.

Finally,while still learning photography I decided to create some sims who would actually enjoy posing and wearing moschino gear.
    The Rose family from Sch@#ts creek. If you don't know the show - they are a rich family who have lost it all and are living in a tiny American town. They dont get the towns folk who don't get them. The mother Moira has the most incredible wardrobe of loud wigs and couture designer pieces that look weird in real life.

My sims took on their personalities almost too well!

Moira Rose (who adores this hideous jacket and hat combo - with her red wig today)
    Yj1JcCj.png?1

Her husband Johnny Rose
    ernyUgl.png?1

Their son David
    OUOmzWh.png

and daughter Alexis
    NcPkQVf.png?1

Moira and Johnny had a quick costume change. Johnny refused to wear the matching pants not even to please his wife for whom he normally does anything.

RVPVtyW.png?1

Moira feels she could teach these people a thing or two about running a gallery. For a start Darling - they need photos of a much higher calibre of model such as herself. Not that she would stoop to display herself in public in such a vulgar way.
    qSl0Kc8.png?1
  • GGSimmerGGGGSimmerGG Posts: 35 Member
    edited September 2019
    @AlwaysAsking lol thanks. I always try to be as systematic as I can to see how fast I can achieve things. I'm glad my picky approach was helpful to you XD I enjoy normal gameplay but recently, I've been wanting to challenge myself so I've been trying to get as much accomplished as i can before they kick the bucket.

Going back to my sims lol, as the scientist's promotion gets higher, the start time for work also starts earlier. So its only 1 hr ahead of the detective and the doctor. But the crazy thing is that at one point, i forgot which promotions, but all 3 jobs had the same work days and days off so promotions were a little tricky. I like when they're schedules are similar times but different days because when I go to work with 1 sim, i can command my sims to take care of themselves if they're not at work.

Sleeping: I don't have a 2-story home and I keep an open concept floor plan for easy access. When I finally had enough money I bought expensive beds so that the sleep time is shortened but the amount of sleep and comfort is high. I also go the best toilets i could afford so that peeing is faster too. BUUUUUT lol I force them to sleep as soon as they get home. When they wake up i make them eat and go to the toilet and force them to sleep again. When they listen to the new age music their fun goes up. reading and playing chess makes their fun go up too. play chess together makes their fun and social go up. This is how I can keep their needs up

Focused moodlet: Yes, the square says very focused and that's when it lasts for 12 hours. My sims are always happy to begin with and the moodlet switches quickly when I go to work sometimes but, there is always a small skinny bar (condensed moodlet square) next to the happy square moodlet that always remains purple for me so I know he's still focused. IF the focused moodlet disappears at work, for the detective and doctor routes, as long as you have them analyze evidence or patient swabs, use the computer to go through the health database or research cases, they usually get focused again quickly from the remaining focus you had them in before they left (at least in my game it does that). I avoid chatting with other employees at all costs when I go to work with my sim because it drops their focus. If you send them on their own in a good/focused mood, they socialize on their own. If you complete a string of work tasks quickly then you get focused again. For the detective, I always avoid having him patrol, work out, take mug shots, fingerprints, and search suspects. I only do these if I have to clear the task just to be able to get assigned to another case. These are useless acts at work that steal my time from getting gold during the event and make me lose focus for some reason. Same can be said for the doctor route. chatting with patients and chatting with staff are useless. running tests like the xray and the treadmill are sooooo long and the patient has to return to their bed before doing each exam which is dumb. It'd be nice to have them do the tests in a row but they always end up returning to bed, then they get up to another test if you had tried to command it in succession earlier.

Plant cloning: I think that's just annoying for everyone haha!

Staff getting in the way: My time drops quickly because everyone gets in my way at work. You can tell them to leave or go away and it will not drop your social status with them so i tell them to go away often hahaha

Sadly, due to unfortunate events, Tyler's (the doctor) girlfriend Samantha (Aspiring actress) was struck by lightning and died. I don't know if that was the game telling me not to take people from other worlds or not haha. She was an autofill townie for the empty lots I had in San Myshuno. My sims were just attending the love festival and I had her move in at my family's house in willow creek. As soon as she got back from her audition, I was in the process of commanding all my sims to go inside and BAM! She died. It was the weirdest thing because normally when my sims are stuck they get energized. This was the first time I had a sim die from lightning.

• AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    @sarabeth2984
    Poor Caleb sure has many feelings. As a vampire, he had eternal sadness weakness and since vampire weaknesses used to be bugged - it was supposedly fixed in the last week´s update, I wouldn´t know since I am still waiting one of my favorite mods to be updated before patching my game - it never stopped affecting him even after he became human again. Funny thing is that he hardly ever gets the moodlet while I am playing him, but when I am playing someone else, he is sad half the time. Someone must really love being in the center of attention :D
    Isolde is cute, but she can be a total headache. When I was visiting with Lilith, she got really hungry, so I had Lilith give Isolde some food. Which she took a single spoonful of, before putting the plate back to the table so that she could cry of hunger. Like, why? You were given a perfectly good stew, so eat it. I ended up cheating her needs since she refused to cooperate and I didn´t want to risk her being taken away.
    Lilith was eager to have kids, but she sure had not expected to have three at once. Neither had her poor cat :D

@AlwaysAsking
    I answered about Caleb above. There is nothing tragic going on with him, just side effects of having been a vampire.
    Since both Luka and Catarina love to use their bat form, it´s really entertaining to watch them fly around the house. It´s my favorite vampire power, followed by the supernatural speed.
    Isolde´s hair is cc. There are too few hairs for toddlers and children in game.
    The sparring machine is my sims newest obsession. I had to take Lilith´s away from her for some time after the triplets were born, since she would spend every free moment sparring, instead of taking care of her own needs. She has it back now, since the kids are older and can take care of themselves while their mom entertains herself with beating up a robot.
    Someone needs to remaind Anastassia that she married a vampire, too (both Catarina and Stefan were born as vampires)
    Caleb was the first to take the cure, because Lilith had some unfinished business to attend to at first, aka plotting with Lucrecia to murder Vladislaus Straud. She set Vlad in fire, successfully killing him... but something glitched. So at the moment, Lilith has a gravestone in her garden with Vlad´s name on it - and there is also Vlad, undead and unburnt, walking around the town at night. I could not believe my eyes the first time I saw him :D But as this Vladislaus Straud is yet to bite anyone, I let him be and imagine that he made a deal with Grim to fake his death.
    J invited Lilith to park, but since he went to play basketball as soon as they got there, I assume that it was his intent all along.
    Paka´a really, really loves his little family. He may not exactly enjoy being around Lilith (which does not stop him from being romantically involved with her, they are flirting whenever they got a moment alone), but I ´ve yet to see him be mean to her or the kiddos. He only got angry with Lilith that one time when he discovered that she is a vampire, but even then he calmed down right after and had no problem with continuing their date. It was Lilith who got very tense about her secret being discovered and insulted him, forcing me to end the event early before she does any more damage.

Back to Lilith...
    Nothing too exiting, just taking care of three very lively toddlers and a cat and trying to ensure that no one gets ignored, too hungry or too dirty. Random pics: 12vpcw6.png
    (I hate how the toddlers never finish the plate and just leave it laying around somewhere. Every time Paka´a comes to visit, he complains about it, like it was Lilith´s fault. Once he is done complaining, he would usually clean up the mess, though)
    NNMep2j.png
    X1bc7SK.png
    DVACDHZ.png
    jBFFk7A.png
    uAjHipb.png
    jaoq26c.png
    (there are exactly two people whose company Lily Feng tolerates. Her ex-husband and his new wife)
    The triplets aged up:
    Camilla 5KjR81P.png
    Evangeline goxlz68.png
    Cedric niuEzl0.png
    The girls appear to be full mermaids (can´t say for sure until they are grown, they may yet develop a taste for blood), while Cedric is...something. His needs panel has mermaid icon, CAS shows him as human, but as he was hissing the whole time I picked out his outfits, there must be some vampire in him.
    Who's Your Daddy?

Cornelius Landgraab enjoying the company of his two daughters by different mothers, Isabelle Lovell and Betsy McDermott.

09-09-19_5-09-40PM_zpsdrpy9u4y.png
    Oh, and a thunderstorm killed Patchy!
  • Dust_Bunny2010Dust_Bunny2010 Posts: 163 Member
    edited September 2019
    @AlwaysAsking

I think I might just post this list with every five updates:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17225860#Comment_17225860
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17229724#Comment_17229724
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17231577#Comment_17231577
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17236313#Comment_17236313

@Becka28

Unfortunately she never found him.

-
    Okay, so tonight MCCC set in for the first time and some matches and pregnancies happened. Good to know.

I was dreading to post this update, because either fate was what I really wanted Luise to avoid, but this is a legacy challenge so, without further ado, I present Luise's destiny, a.k.a. her downfall into a rabbit hole called romance by breaking Girl Code.

Actually, the error from Path A seems to be my fault why Luise's fate diverged into Path B, with a mix of fps lag. This was the original path that was affected by fps lag. The two diversions now have their own save files in case I might want to return to one or the other while deciding the best way for Luise. Path A is the fps-lag ridden outcome before a massive purge of my Other Households tab. Path B is after the Other Households culling, which brought about minor adverse effects to my story-telling but still alright.

The updates will be pure excerpts from the Wordpress version, and so will be in first-person.

View at your own risk. As for me, I have yet to decide whether this or that path is most organic.

-
    (A) You who have perpetuated the forbidden...

XOH7oGT.png
    Everything proceeded smoothly, and it was all so wonderful, more than I can say. In the middle of the festival, Jayden called me inviting me to drink Sakura tea. I was already here, obviously, but I could really use a friend since Dino needed some alone time with Daisy, who finally arrived...as the bartender-for-hire.

Meh. Beggars can't be choosers.

Good luck Dino, be happy forever.

This tea is incredibly delicious. I ended up drinking with these two one more shot before I left Dino to his own devices.

sxF8VAj.png

I was getting foxed, and I'd probably not remember anything tomorrow morning, but tonight was good. Dino was finally going to say "will you be my girlfriend" to Daisy, and I have those three miracles to look forward to. Jayden and I managed to catch up, exchanging a couple of laughs while we ended up drinking more tea. We talked about the weather, fishing spots, and his favorite topic, workout routines. He'd told me about all his friends, like a gay guy who had the shrillest voice, Hunter, and his Latinx girlfriend, Zoe.

"It goes against the rules of linguistics! Just say you're 'Latinx' or 'Latina', not a 'Latinx woman.' Anyone who says that should be locked in a pillory for making Simlish more complicated when we already have enough problems as it is."

"Don't let my friends hear you say that, or they'd lynch you for being a hater, or probably challenge you to a dance battle."

"Tch! I can take them on. I'm known in Urbzville as the 'second coming of Jayde' after I beat out some posers on the dance floor. I'm the mean scene queen of Neon East.'"

"Where?"

"Never mind."

nLHJUJI.png

The evening gave way to night, and Dino was hanging by the bar flirting with Daisy. It was actually sweet to see, though I felt my own heart ache over how unfair it was, that he was happy while I still haven't found Gene. However, Jayden being here brought me relief since I had someone to talk to. My eyes continued to look at Dino from time to time, scoping if everything was going well, and if it weren't for that lingering bitterness, I would be 110% happy for him. Jayden seemed to have misinterpreted my intentions, however, and said something which shocked me that I had to correct him, although he was skeptical...

"So, like, you never had feelings for him?" he asked with great interest. I felt a boulder drop right into my stomach.

"What? No! I already told you. That's just so wrong." Did people really perceive the dynamic between Dino and I that way? Because that was so gross. I feel like I needed to take a shower hearing that question, and I was already soused and out of focus! "I basically became his babysitter, or rather, his mother. He'd badger me on for advice to no end and would drag me along for the ride when he needed to hook-up or drink, plus unlike you, for the longest time he thought I was a guy. If that's not insulting, I don't know what is."

"Oh, I always thought you two were a thing..."

"Whoa whoa whoa. Whoa." Does Jayden even have a mouth filter? "Stop right there. Just because I'm keeping my eye on him doesn't mean we're a thing. We're not even close to being a thing. He's a friend, and I like him, as a friend and only that. I want him to be happy, and his to-be girlfriend is the only one capable of making him happy 'that way.' She's French, he's an artist, they both like landscaped gardens; I prefer wild forestry and the scent of dirt. They're a match made in heaven. There is no way in heaven or earth I'm coming between that."

"Okay."

"You don't believe me?" I looked at him accusingly.

"It's not that...here, I don't really do this kind of thing but..."

2GlZ4sT.png

"There's actually a reason I asked you to drink tea with me tonight..."

Long-stemmed red roses...they're super expensive, even where I come from, and they're recognized as symbols of romantic affection no matter the country or time. I love jasmines, but I won't deny that a rose is beautiful, and very meaningful. And is that Dino downing another cup of tea? Wait, what just happened?

I was frozen shocked by this incredibly blatant display of courtship, to put it archaically. What could I even say? My tongue was slack until I managed to open my mouth and say something that automatically came to my mind. "What about Zoe?" I'm good at dancing, but I hardly cared about other people and their social issues even back then, so people would call me austere and blase, rather than feisty and passionate. I'm far from Jayden's type like his girlfriend.

"We hardly spend anymore time together, because she's so busy with other stuff, y'know? I actually thought you were cute when I first saw you, but didn't wanna be a creep."

I think this tea is getting to me, and to him! This is something that's forbidden. I can't just have a romantic inclination to anyone here, that would probably go against, I dunno, the order of the world or something. There are many repercussions beyond that, and even on a basic level, it's just human decency. I'm engaged to be engaged, even though my pre-fiancé is still somewhere out there, and Jayden has a girlfriend. Say something! Anything!

"Just 'cute?' And here I thought I was sexy."

Whoa, okay, enough tea, and I really need to adopt that cat if I'm this lonely!

Stop!

Stop!

Stop!

I couldn't stop. I was so intoxicated by the tea that I was already exchanging sweet nonsense and fluttered before him like a teenager on her first crush. Not even the memory of Gene could save me from this destruction.

And before I knew it, one thing...

SrWGYqu.png

...led to another.

0Iq4RKt.png
    What have I done?

Now, about this other path, this happened after the fps-lag bug that nearly killed Luise, so I deleted some game-generated townies. What happened was that during the massive lag, I deleted the game-generated townies but completely forgot that some key NPCs are a necessity which a premade or active can't provide, like the paparazzi or the romance guru. When I deleted the romance guru by sheer accident, I caused the game to rotate the NPC roster and while the festival was still there, the NPCs were all different, such as the vendors, the guru, the townies present (like Daisy), etc., and also the fact that the reloading prompted an outfit change which nearly broke immersion. This is actually the path I least like, but have yet to decide whether to discard it completely or proceed as the natural path for Luise's fate. I was actually listening to some certain nerdy songs while writing this so it might've switched up my writing to an odd flow.

(B)To you whose dream is across the end, I don't know what I can say to you...
    My shoulders were trembling from the cold, damp from the light mist that enveloped the cityscape in the fresh spring rains. I had changed to a more reasonable outfit to stave off the cold, and wore my trusty cap, though I no longer tied it up to hide it now that Dino knew. Something was wrong. I thought I'd seen Daisy, but in reality she had yet to arrive, or was Dino's plan to buy a lot of swag and flowers before finally meeting Daisy for a date?

I approached him to ask what was wrong, but he was as evasive as ever. I was hissing in impatience and couldn't hold back from glaring. I really can't tell what he's thinking. Italians, amirite?

s6wFMh1.png

He didn't say anything, and I was holding up some semblance of a smile and a glare, I don't really know which. I'm anxious for everything to finally end, selfish as it may sound. With Dino's problem out of the way, I'll have more time to finally bring about those miracles death told me. If I could realise the first miracle, which would most likely be finding Gene in this strange place we were taken to, I would need more time to myself, and Dino would be busy being happy with Daisy though we might catch up over coffee sometimes. It's a win-win!

wy2u2kb.png

The next thing I knew...before my very eyes was a long-stemmed rose, or rather, Daisy's flower, despite her name. Nice, and it's the Centifolia cultivar too. Very French, though I was never fond of roses myself and preferred the scent of an Arabic jasmine. From what I could whiff of her at a distance we've crossed paths, she reminded me of freshly-cut ravishing roses, bitter green daisies, and bright orris. Dino smelled like wood...very expensive creamy wood, delicious from the forests of Mysore, strength from the far forests that smelled of eastern oud, and lavender with ferns. They were a bouquet that matched well together. Speaking of bouquets, it would've been better if he had a whole bouquet though mixed in with some daisies, for obvious reasons. Nothing is more romantic than presenting the girl you're dating with long-stemmed roses and flowers she's named after, I guess.

"Okay, so you're getting her a flower, a very expensive cultivar at that. That's a step in the right direction, but you should've waited until just before the moment you were going to see her. Roses start to change the moment they've been plucked."

His demeanor changed slightly as if he was angry at my response, though not really. Italian temper maybe? They're known to hold one heck of a grudge...

bRI5LFe.png

"Actually, it's for you."

F-!

F—k f—- f---! Fuuuuu--!

Okay, okay, don't panic. Maybe it's just some Italian thing.

No, it really isn't, is it?

Did I miss any signs? I wasn't encouraging him in particular to foster that kind of affection towards me. The moment I saw that smile, I knew it was for me. I condemned myself to his affection the moment I took the rose, but what else can I do? My body moved on its own. I couldn't think, or even say anything. I wasn't dumb. I could tell if someone was attracted to me, but I got nothing from Dino, or was I just pretending it wasn't all there and denying it to the recesses of my mind? I couldn't be angry, I couldn't swoon, I couldn't feel anything. I was...empty on the inside, didn't know what to do and just moved accordingly. Were there any stares he sent my way that indicated anything? From the top of my mind there was nothing!

That brief silence that felt like an eternity was broken when I could hear Dino speak to the background of the festival music. "You know, a few months back, I was in Newcrest, and I saw you by the wishing well, all in white-"

"I want you to be happy, and I'll be happy for you too!" The words escaped my mouth before I could jam them in and swallow them. I accepted the rose and took my hand down; at this point I had no choice without hurting the both of us. The tea was finally bringing me to a fevered pitch of a high. My plans were so close to fruition; I just needed to find Gene! And then we'll marry, and begin a new life together, and then I'll finally fall in love with him, have kids, grow old, then die, maybe even use science to find a way home! There's nothing that could go wrong, nothing at all! "I don't know how long I'll be here, but while I'm here, I want to support you and Daisy! You're a good man, a little funny, sweet, and very enjoyable to be with, and Daisy is very beautiful and you have a history together. You should get married in-"

"Luise."

"Yeah?"

"I don't really know what you're saying, but I think I'm enough to make you stay."

"Are you hungry?"

"Come."

So I did. I followed him with a blank, empty mind that wasn't even storming over what happened.

ydXzrvX.png

It wasn't even until his food was ready that common sense, my dearly missed common sense, came back to me with a vengeance.

"What were you thinking?! And is that fugu!? You want to die?"

"No, I'm pretty sure I don't want to die when we haven't even done anything together yet."

Cheeky b----rd!

What was he thinking? What am I thinking? What is anyone thinking of this? And then my mind flashed back when I showed him Mortimer and Bella.

That was what probably did him in and condemned me. A German-English gentleman and an Italian woman...the sight of such a parallel was too tempting for him to not take the opportunity, while I was only watching the perfect relationship on a skin-deep value. This isn't what started it, but it was the deciding factor for him. When did his...his...ugh...feelings start? I'm sure I heard "wishing well" when I cut him off, but I was so sure I was alone that morning. I'd have known if anyone was there...

...except for that brief moment when I blacked out from the magical energy surge...

And here he was, looking so cool and so suave and...argh!

Y73dH7e.png

Steeling myself, I summoned all the courage that I had and took Dino's hands into mine, whispering in a panic, "hold my hands and I dare you to tell me you feel something!"

Because I certainly didn't...not on his hard, calloused, painter hands that's probably painted many pictures and ruined many girls...

Plum!

My face was heating up and I had to bite my lip to bring on some pain and not make my own airiness so obvious. If he knew how fast my heart was beating at this moment, we'd cross a point where we couldn't return, and I won't allow that, not when I have three miracles on the line. He was walking circles around me and he knew it. I ended up dancing the tarantella instead of a carefully crafted waltz to the beat of his song.

MQ78O7u.png

That face of his that belied many sweet and simultaneously indecent intentions...I didn't know whether to punch him or kis-er, kick him.

My energy surged without mercy, heightened with the beat of my heart instead of winding down for a good night's rest, then the tea kicked in again and I was lost between a haze of misty-eyed desire-driven stares and the urgency of putting a stop to this.

QBkFbmN.png

Dino was asking questions, I was answering, then we were talking, it seemed everything was easing from the heat of the moment into something calmer, but the question was loaded, and very risque. I don't remember what came out of my mouth but it had something to do with water dreams. However his flirtation was nonstop, and it wasn't that I was uncomfortable; any girl would be flattered by attention from a cute guy, but common sense was telling me that this needs to end. Now.

If there was one thing I could probably be ashamed of and take pride in simultaneously at this moment, it's that I've never been kissed. Mom...mom has always told me that it's very unbecoming for a woman to make the first move, and it should always be the man. Holding to such a stupid belief basically guaranteed I'd never kiss or be kissed during my high-school years. Even Gene hasn't worked up the courage to kiss me yet. Having no kissing experience, I must be a bad kisser, right? At least that's what I think I was thinking when I impulsively kissed him in a moment of impulse, though in hindsight, maybe such a thing is a lie?

WI4TKeC.png

WPkhrB2.png

And...we have an audience.

j8ZmXpP.png

Oh boy...this isn't good...

y5gbDsI.png

I could hear cheering, a lot of wolf whistles, and my stomach dropping down to the floor with this little bomb.

What have I done?

I wanted my face to implode. I wanted some sort of freak sinkhole to open up and swallow me whole. I wanted to crawl into my sheets and die. Just die. D-I-E die.

Dino, on the other hand...

B1h53nR.png

Oh. Joy.

I had perpetrated what couldn't be allowed. How many rules of Girl Code have I broken? Scratch that, how many rules of basic human decency have I broken by giving into a guy with a girlfriend? I mean we haven't actually done anything, but I'm sure I'm probably breaking the law of the world or something.

Meanwhile Signore Smooth over there is grinning like an idiot.

By the time my common sense came to, my lips were already cold from the soft warm touch that transpired just seconds ago. What do I do? What can I say now? It's like this questions are on repeat, and I need to get a grip, pronto! Just keep it cool and collected, smile, and put an end to this moment of weirdness right now. Clean and concise.

0jruu9F.png

"Okay, Dino, I...I don't know what to say."

So much for cool, collected, clean and concise. I knew all the words; they're at the top of my mind, but the nerves between my brain and my mouth must be putty.

Take it slow, easy, and just...wait for him to say something and then take it from there. There's no pressure, and nothing weird beyond a kiss has happened. Just let him speak first and then...

"I am not your amata and you're not my geliebter!"

And then what? And why did I just say that?!

My common sense has completely flown out the window!

Okay, does no one see where I'm going with this? Isn't anyone going to stop me from making any more regrettable mistakes? Why can't I stop this despite me being engaged to be engaged to another man back home, and that my "friend" or whatever Dino is now is commitment-phobic and had a lot of "kissing buddies" on his bedpost? Not all couples can be like Mortimer and Bella, so blessed with happiness and surrounded with love. So what if Mortimer and I are German and Bella and Dino are Italian? It's not like if anything happens our rela- no, friendship, friendship Luise, nothing is official and nothing ever will be...anyway, we aren't a parallel of their lives and vice-versa!

"So I'll call you tomorrow?"

That question brought me out of my stupor and I had to be serious now, tea high be darned. I really...really...need to...to...

99bVYAh.png

"Don't get too comfortable." It was like an out of body experience, unreal. I winked at him as if to tease him, while inside I was dying. Why was I so flustered and why was my heart beating so fast? These feelings shouldn't exist...and yet the moment Dino had given me a rose, the floodgates I didn't know I kept locked were opened. I had a lot of thinking to do tonight.

We parted ways in the festival. He didn't take me home; it was too soon.

I needed to understand my own feelings first. I didn't think I was capable of feeling anything even remotely to a crush, even with Gene I was convincing myself I would fall in love because it was expected, not because I was already interested in having children and living the married life with him right away. Were these feelings even real? I wanted to say they were the product of my buttons being pushed over being fawned by a very cute guy. Yes, Dino was cute; I'm not blind, but I never thought beyond anything of it. Now my thoughts were filled with anything from sweet and sugary to salacious and sexy. These feelings couldn't be real, right? They were just developed in the spur of the moment and can go away as soon as my head clears from that tea.

I'd thought about it all the way home, and I wondered if I would be plagued by these questions and uncertainties, but the moment my back hit the bed, I fell into a deep sleep.

TCajeTH.png

My bed felt cold that night.

Wow...that was intense! The first path, which was the natural progression, ended with a mistake, and the second path, which was an artificial happenstance that came to life because of an error from the first, also ended with a mistake. I wanted to throttle all three of them. By the way, other kissing actions can't be unlocked until the first kiss is done, which isn't an autonomous action, iirc. Luise however was able to bypass that on an aesthetic level since the game prompted her to attempt a kiss with mistletoe, so yes, that kiss was natural and I didn't prompt it. But the whole second path is still a landmine I'm deciding to discard or keep because to me the first path is more appealing and natural.

I'm going to sleep on it, and hopefully decide on something then move forward with playing it, since the saves stop there.
    Post edited by Dust_Bunny2010 on
  • Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    @AlwaysAsking Thank you. Sadly Travis Scott died in my game. So he didn't get to see his son marry his former roommate.
    Don is happy together with his wife and children. Even teach the toddler to talk on his own.

@Becka28 Blue is evil and criminal. It's nice to play different types of sims.

Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    @AngeliqueAdelaide NPCs buff works in a different way than played sims ones... Even in my game with the eternal sadness weakness Caleb is never sad when I play him. That buff is just too shallow (I may make a mod to have it stronger in fact)
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member

@Alwaysasking I love the idea of a renaissance fair and he looks so handsome in his jousting outfit. It looks live everyone had a great time.

PhNkUfD.jpg
    Today, Adelise held a club meeting, during which she told relatives about how amazing she is at raising children. All 5 of the current minors in her house turned into children with the Top-Notch Toddler trait. Some relatives are impressed. Some aren't, specifically Chelsea, Adelise's step-daughter sitting on her right, who grew up in Adelise's house, but didn't manage to get the trait herself.

PyBVCYR.jpg
    Three of the four girls doing their homework in the kitchen while still wearing their school uniforms.

JwH3wvy.jpg
    A throwback photo. Dad reads to the eldest daughters while a heavily pregnant mom watches.

• wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    edited September 2019
    My Sim Annebelle went exploring the cave to survey and report back to the conservation officer, she had to cut it short as the info wall mentioned that a serpentine tried to drag her down the caves ocean, she managed to cut herself free and came out alive.

She caught Gwenzella swiping one of her crystals, and challenged her to a dual. Gwenzella was so powerful, Annelbelle three down her sword and let Gwenzella leave with a few of her items. Most of the stuff she took were crystals and skulls. She took a bar of gold. She decided to call her friend Toni who came over and changed the door, preventing others from breaking in.
    Patchy promised to look after the ship whilst. She was at work or even out.
    , "How will you defend it if Gwen and her friends threaten you with spears?" Toni asked him.
    " I have powers, I am more than a gardener, friend and scarecrow. My old friend Newt turned me to life, " Patchy explained.
    "Newt?, Annebelle sighed. "Where can I find him?," she desperately wanted to gain powers to prevent others from running off with her prized possessions.
    "You will need to enter the portal. You will always find one near waterfalls," he sighed taking position on his throne and froze.
    To be continued.
    Post edited by wrenstales on
  • Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Don & Molly's children are growing up.
    48708267967_97fb1f803b_c.jpg
    Abigail & Charlotte are now teens.

48708105696_59f8f66de5_c.jpg
    Alexa became a child.

48706406493_aeeecbbfd4_c.jpg
    Emily & Michael.

48706406283_bfee047cff_c.jpg
    Their firstborn Juliana moved out to go to high school with a friend. I will use her when I explore Realms of magic.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Ok, going to try to get some comments in and then I'll be back tonight or tomorrow to finish the week in Strangerville update.

@wrenstales I see you've got Strangerville activity on the island. Are they vampires also, or are you talking about a different kind of duel? It's an interesting mix, so I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with it.

@haneul They have a nice house! The girls certainly turned out looking alike, from what I can see here. I keep forgetting the voidcritter battle station exists. May have to try it out with my younger set of twins when they age up.

@Dust_Bunny2010 Option B was where I was expecting you to go based on previous updates, but A feels more natural to me. I'll be interested to see which way you decide! You said you didn't think your writing was very good yet, so I wanted to say it's looking pretty good so far. Not perfect, and probably not at "publisher would buy it" level yet, but I write fiction in my other spare time myself and I think you're doing well. The best way to get better is to keep doing it.

@calaprfy I didn't know Patchy could die. Good to know!

@AngeliqueAdelaide The triplets turned out cute. I like the way you name your sims.

@Becka28 Nice to see Brock and Alana again. Moira looks like a character for sure. Are you getting RoM right away? I'm going to have to wait, which is fine since I have so much going on with my current stories, but I'm looking forward to seeing the witchy updates coming to this thread soon.

@Morkovka She's a cutie! The dragon toy seems appropriate. Are you going to have her learn magic as a teen or wait until young adult? Or is teen magic an option if they're not born with it?

@AlwaysAsking Did you build the ren faire lot? It looks good! I used to go to the one in the Dallas area when I lived in Texas. In Iowa we don't have any of the big ones, though there are a few smaller ones that we visit occasionally. It was totally my thing when I was your daughter's age. I'm... definitely closer to your age than your daughter's now. :)
    Can't say any more about Cassandra's infection because it's the focus of the next update.
    Poor Gillian, she did work so hard but I just did not have the patience to wait any longer for that keycard. One line I cut from Gerardo's conversation was something like, "I only come from one other planet, you know. I'm not an expert on all of them."

@DoodlyDoofus Nice to see the fan-child won't be an orphan. Is the father an alien? Oh, Gunnar. Hopefully Bruce takes his father's advice.

@sarabeth2984 That's sweet that they finally gave their mother a proper burial. Looks like Agnes's garden is taking off well. I enjoyed your wrap-up of the Villareal mystery.

@ldmarko I do love your adorable family. Aliens are cuter as toddlers when they're not disguised. What will all the children get to do on vacation this time now that they're a little older?

@SiliClone That apartment is gorgeous. I also like what you've done with Wolfgang's house. You're so much better at building and decorating than I will ever have the patience to become. :)

@Simmelina1 Love the picture of the teen playing with the toddler.

@mia_noelle97 Sad to see Beatrice go! I think I'm pretty happy having aging on only for my active household, because I remember townies dying at inconvenient times all the time back when I let them age. I once played a detective who spent a whole two work days crying for the prisoners who all decided to die of old age at the same time. Never had it happen in a restaurant though!

@lasummerb It's nice to meet more of your sims! I like Kamiko's hairstyle. I don't use cc in my game right now and it's usually toddler stuff that tempts me. I also like the way their house is decorated.

@Simslover163 I love all the aged down premades. They make such cute teens. It looks like a fun game.

@Koteyka Welcome back! Thanks for easing us in with some happy updates. :)

@DeafSimmer I look forward to seeing what you do with the story once they get to Glimmerbrook!

Ok, I've got to go get some housework done now. I know I didn't get all the way back to my previous comments so I probably left some people out. But I'm reading them all, so I hope you all keep posting!
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    @sarabeth2984 Thank you! I have...although I missed two days of swimming and other fun because I was sick. Planning to be home tomorrow and maaaaay buy Realm of Magic. I'm intriuged by the gameplay vids so far!

@Alwaysasking I....did not think about trying to hitch them up in CAS. Thanks!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,868 Member
    edited September 2019
    @sarabeth2984 , Thank you :) The wedding was first ever I have had as planned event in this game, only used the elope option before :)

@AlwaysAsking ,
    Eddies mom is Summer Holiday :) She had to go to work when I loaded their lot for the picture, means she had to leave behind that obsession of hers, with the DJ booth she fished, lol.

About poses, I only have "hudge" amount of 5 pose sets in my game, to cover that (imo) big lack of cuddling/romantic animations at gameplay (in TS2 , if you have Apartment Life, couples cuddling in bed before waking up is by default, sofa cuddling is default sense base game, and slow dancing from Night Life) And lol, I can only use 1-3 poses per set, as rest of the poses would go under NSFW tag :) )
    I used to have more poses, but I got tired of the lack of descriptions, I did not like to do the "lets test what this pose nro 8b does?" So, I kept only 5 and deleted the rest.

@Becka28 , Thank you :) Heh I certainly did not planned that when I started the save :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited September 2019
    Finishing up a week in Strangerville...

w7j3UrY.png

In these two posts (https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17235808/#Comment_17235808 and https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17237315/#Comment_17237315) Gillian the paranoid and Cassandra the not-paranoid-enough made some progress on the Strangerville mystery. They acquired two keycards, and explored the next level of the lab. That caused some changes in the weird plants around town, which led to Cassandra trying a strange fruit, with unusual consequences she doesn't really remember and has not mentioned to Gillian.

Friday evening after work, the ladies went to visit their mutual siblings (Gillian's sister Ivy is engaged to Alexander, and they have a baby). Gillian baked some cookies to take over.

Ivy was shocked to hear of the events in Strangerville.
    iaqJGxb.png

Family interactions below the spoiler because this post will get long otherwise.
    The Andreas women definitely all talk with their hands.
    leAuIw1.png

Cass and Alexander caught up on things while avoiding the subject of who would change the baby's diaper.
    Z6vfilb.png

Eventually, Cassandra took a turn feeding her (now clean) niece.
    bztTOBD.png

And Gillian came upstairs to meet baby Isabella also.
    "Hmm. You look good with a baby, hon."
    45Iw8Ei.png

They took some time to enjoy the stars together before Gillian got exhausted and needed to head home.
    ZBeBAkf.png

Unfortunately for Gillian, she really was so tired she didn't notice that Cass was doing more than just stretching when they got up to leave.
    6zavRxK.png

She beat Cassandra home and went to bed. And Cassandra came to in an alley with no real memory of how she got there.
    CSg4SCN.png

What the heck? She was not tired at all... so when she got back home she spent some time in their observatory. In the direction of the lab she couldn't help noticing, besides the ominous spinning clouds, the increase in the strange, brightly colored plants. What had they unleashed by opening that lab?
    j4XVImo.png

When Gillian woke up, she cleaned some weird vines out of the toilet.
    wMcrSpD.png

Then she told Cass her plan.
    "We need scientists, and samples. We have to figure out what these plants are, before we can figure out how to get rid of them. So I think we should go out into the town and try to find someone who can help us."
    muOgyZT.png

"That sounds like a great idea, hon! Let's go!" Cassandra didn't say anything about her night, or why she was suddenly so enthusiastic. Gillian was just happy she was coming along.
    WBnHHex.png

At first, Cassandra tried talking to people walking by, while Gillian grilled somechicken in case free food would help get people to talk.
    ttyFVMI.png

They ran into one "Sim in Black" and practically begged for help. She was happy to talk about anything *except* local events.
    jRmnVLT.png

Gillian did get a bug on her though, so that was good. Then she was out of bugs, so they headed over to the curio shop. Gillian bargained for bugs while Cassandra pondered what was going on with her and what she should tell her girlfriend.
    DgisHl7.png

Then they headed to the library and the bar, once again under a spoiler cut.
    Cassandra tried buttering a scientist up with chess again. Gillian, who has the polite introduction option and a great reputation, did most of the talking. The first scientist she talked to said he'd be happy to help if she had some samples, then walked off while she was still trying to talk to him.
    IyeVSWK.png

This next guy looked like he might be interested in something Gillian wasn't offering.
    gqJsHH1.png

The third scientist was a bit more helpful, telling Gillian she really needed to talk to the military first about a scanner. Gillian got a bug on her too, in case that would come in handy later.
    ZV9C5wY.png

At the bar she met this guy, who was happy to part with a scanner for the right amount of money. Gillian figured bribing him would make him less likely to rat her out later, so that was the option she went with.
    gmsFD2g.png

So now they have a scanner!

By this time it was early evening, and Gillian suggested they celebrate their moderate success with a visit to the romance festival.
    w0qXUoj.png

Unfortunately it was raining in San Myshuno, and when Gillian tried to use the weather machine at the karaoke bar to make it clear, she got a thunderstorm instead. But they're both storm chasers, so they didn't let it stop them.

Another spoiler for the festival pics.
    Cassandra was inspired to recite love poetry.
    LqstHnU.png

And then she was inspired to do something else...
    5hQo96X.png
    NmKU0sS.png

Did you see Bruce and Walker in the background of that last picture? Gillian went over to share her big news with Bruce. I think he was happy for her, but I'm pretty sure he's had a little too much tea. Also sorry for Walker's umbrella partially blocking the shot.
    ue55tXH.png

Cass decided then to ask the romance guru about their relationship. Maybe a little late there? But she was told it was a romance for the ages, so no worries.
    M45V6kd.png

So they went home, everyone was happy... then Gillian woke up from low bladder in the middle of the night and noticed her new fiancee was missing. She found her outside having a very strange gathering.
    un9W7kS.png

"Really starting to freak me out here, babe."
    npcGEoz.png

She finally realized that this wasn't a joke at all. And when she tried to snap her out of it...
    RsBZh6w.png

After observing Cassandra, picking some fruit samples, and scanning their neighborhood a bit, Gillian tried to get some sleep. She woke up to find her beloved napping fully clothed on the bed beside her. What was going on with her? And what were they going to do about it?
    TEQfDEI.png

Gillian went out scanning on her own. When Cassandra woke up and realized, she became worried. She kind of remembered that Gillian was there while she was in her daze the night before. What had happened between them? Were they still engaged?
    So she did what you do when your new engagement is already on the rocks (maybe) and you might be infected by some kind of alien parasite...
    She called her mom.
    Vshs7Kk.png

Bella rushed over, and Cassandra told her the whole story. Or at least, the parts she remembered.
    L90rnaM.png
    txJ8qCF.png

Bella reminded her that relationships thrive on communication, and suggested she have a good talk with Gillian.
    qmRgbTB.png

Mom was definitely worried about what she heard about her daughter's condition though.
    gv43c2M.png

So Cass spilled all her secrets about waking up in strange situations in the middle of the night, and about eating the fruit right before it happened the first time. Gillian was relieved that they were talking about it now, and could work together on solving the problem.
    GmUddv1.png

Gillian, herself covered with spots at the time, suggested trying medication, just to see. The same medicine did seem to cure everything Gillian had ever contracted, anyway. Bella thought it was a good suggestion. So they both took a dose.
    F4Qs1Gc.png

It cured up Cass's bloaty head and Gillian's spots, but they'd have to wait and see about the rest.

While they waited, they decided to go back to the area around the lab, where all the new plants were, to search for spores. Bella tagged along, and Cassandra showed her some of the plants they'd been talking about.
    RpGPhqI.png

Then Cassandra got a little too close to Gillian's scanner, and showed her mother a little bit more.
    k2wy6RZ.png

Bella was disturbed.
    zG5J32d.png

"So, I know this isn't the best way to meet your daughter's new fiancee, but I'm Gillian. Nice to meet you."
    3T8s59u.png
    "Nice to meet you too, dear. And don't worry. Mortimer and I will do absolutely everything we can to help get Cassandra back to normal."

So... long story short (too late) they got the spore samples they needed and went home for the night. Gillian slept through another round of Cassandra's late night wanderings.

And... Bella and Mortimer sold their house in Willow Creek and moved into a mansion in Strangerville to be closer to the problem. They had to redo the siding. Goths don't live in yellow houses.
    Ao7l6mY.png

It has a nice view, if you ignore the ominous weather in the background. Mortimer may have gone a bit overboard trying to fit in with the locals.
    4GCt851.png

So, now they have spore clusters and parental assistance. All they need is to get back to the scientists and find out what the next step will be...

And unfortunately, it's going to be a long time coming because their week is over and it's time to move on to another branch of the family.
  • Dust_Bunny2010Dust_Bunny2010 Posts: 163 Member
    edited September 2019
    @Daephene

Thank you. Tbh and modesty aside I was always better at painting than writing :D so it's high praise to have someone compliment me on writing, and receiving a critique helps. I'll take that feedback in mind about path A, though I still need to think more on it and see the feedback of others.

I really like your story too. Seeing those vines crawling out of the toilet and drains made me feel itchy though. Cassandra being involved in weird supernatural events, why doesn't that surprise me? :D Bella in Strangerville...I have a bad feeling about this...

And now that I'm not writing in the meantime, I can finally comment on others' posts and stories to distract me from work!

@AlwaysAsking
    A renaissance fair, what a novel idea! Did you make it an event in your sim's calendar so everyone including the townies would go there, or did you just go there on your own? Your daughter is very beautiful, I'm quite jealous. :D Her selfies are definitely Instagram material.

@Becka28

That is really creepy. Bjorn really needs to put up a fence. :p Malcolm being nice, that's something I never thought I'd see. I have got to look for cute pose packs like the one you're using, though I have no idea how to install those or how they work.

The jacket is hideous, yes, but she somehow makes it work.

@haneul
    This looks interesting. Where can I find the first post of your sims? :)

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited September 2019
    My celebrity twins, Luna and Nova (respectively), went to dinner to celebrate reaching Proper Celebrity status (Ievel 4).

48709065416_d943a94d58_h.jpg

48708724543_56848e30c0_h.jpg

They are without a doubt the prettiest sims I have ever had and the only ones so far who fit this hairstyle. I can't wait to get the Moschino stuff pack this weekend so I can have them model all the new poses.
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member

Hey Y’all! Realm of Magic is here tomorrow! So excited!

Ok I hung out with the Straud family at their mansion in Forgotten Hollow this afternoon
    First off their adorable kitten Mr. Bigglesworth ages up. Vlad’s son Markus shows him off
    qSRvnOs.png
    Ms. Kat Cave, Vlad’s apprentice, has a BAD case of baby fever. She constantly keeps cooing over Vlad and Kalama-ainu’s baby, Veronica. I may need to find her a baby daddy
    bY0oz7r.png
    I swear she is literally doing most of the care. Baby is screaming and she comes running
    xR42mSf.png
    Kat goes ahead and ages her up
    ZeDOGS2.png
    Countess Kalama-ainu wanted to give the place a much needed makeover. Vlad decided it wouldn’t be a good idea to argue lol. It was time to bring in new technology:)
    First the entry way. I mostly changed the color of the place. It was too dark. I did keep with the overall theme of hideous color choices of course.
    IYYfEym.png
    Living room. They have a tv now!
    sVbQMPB.png
    Vlad’s pipe organ, also added Don’t Wake the Llama table game for Marcus
    MThOhce.png
    Vlad shows off their new kitchen. Not that he’ll ever use it lol
    Nof9fvR.png
    Vlad also likes his new bedroom down in the dungeon/basement. He likes the bat wallpaper. Goes along with the coffin lol
    EgaEqfp.png
    His new bathroom and sitting room area
    TMQKQ83.png
    His wife Kalama-ainu’s bedroom which is in a wing next to his
    1eA7h60.png
    Her awesome bathroom
    EPljbuL.png
    Of course Vlad’s free range plasma farm. Jacques Villareal. He actually has a fairly nice cell. Its got everything he needs. Jacques was asleep in this shot
    maZIvgU.png
    Kat likes her room too
    ipTYikx.png
    Vlad’s teen daughter Laila likes pink.
    OXq2d8R.png
    Bird’s eye view of Big Brother Marcus and his little sister Veronica
    uR2hdwf.png
    VRHwdHL.png
    Mom reads Veronica to sleep
    ufIzt8F.png
    Marcus has really been missing Sulani. He was blowing on a conch shell he found
    z7Dkcnp.png
    He had to leave to come back and help out his family. I decided to bring a bit of it back home to Forgotten Hollow. Who knows, he might move back someday:) This is Marcus’ room
    gVdnRPO.png
    FKMSPv9.png
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Hello again!
    I have really been missing my favorite beach bum, Captain Eddie.
    l1VtREL.png
    He has had some major life changes recently. He found out he has a set of teen twins with Nalani, Dante and Selena. It turns out these two were true vampire and mermaid hybrids. They have the combined needs, powers, and socials of both. They became a handful for Nalani to handle so he’s been helping her out
    Dante and Selena with Mom
    ecOKU6q.png
    Plus he’s raising his granddaughter Isla.
    TIF9qFz.png
    Eddie is a vampire so he is a lot older than he looks. And acts. Its true, he’s constantly cracking jokes with everybody and they always leave in a playful mood lol.
    Eddie comes over and stays everytime I play Nalani’s household. He never leaves.
    x2qJcur.png

Captain Eddie is saying his goodbyes
    gBEiy7k.png
    To his home at Shipwreck Cove. It feels like he’s been there forever
    lwedVpS.png
    The spirits there give him good vibes for the future
    AEbaFjw.png
    kYDTVTL.png
    Because, Eddie and Nalani’s romance has rekindled!
    tzRCwxM.png
    She asked him to move in
    2T1T9H6.png
    I debated having them move in with him, but the teens need to stay in closer to friends
    So I moved him into Lagoon Lookout. Their house got a makeover
    Iyv2HOE.png
    Kitchen and master bedroom are downstairs, along with Isla’s room
    Ase7AIk.png
    qRuhX4S.png

The living room is upstairs, along with the twin’s rooms. The teens all have the same layout just different color schemes
    4BefO8R.png
    DDT5Z7t.png
    Family time
    31RvYkK.png
    Dante had set the table
    zVDLkIU.png
    And his sister Selena made brunch
    W2M6IMm.png
    Nalani was insanely tired so she was sleeping
    sKAhGr1.png
    Eddie made sure the kids did their homework.
    M58WxiZ.png
    The teens were bored and being annoying. It was the Humor and Hijinks festival so Eddie dragged them out to San Myshuno for some shenanigans
    rhnyKKt.png
    Qxm7mSN.png
    cgiirqa.png
    Eddie thought the bubble thing was too weird. He’d prefer kava juice any day
    Capn Eddie says stay safe out there!
    QcpdvIg.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top