Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @AlwaysAsking I have aging turned on for the active household only. I keep my rotations even so they all age at the same pace (currently switching to 7 days with each family in each rotation). That's the main reason I have the retirement village, because Athena's exes would outlive her grandchildren if I never played them.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Welcome Back Kotter reference. :) I wasn't sure if anyone would get it. I actually chose the Kotter name at random and thought of the reference later.

Oracle is the branch of the base game criminal career that is more of a hacker. Aliens and computers seemed like a good combo to me.

Also you should have heard me complaining to my coworker (who also plays Sims) the day after Arthur died. Something about how she'd tried out every man in town and that's the one she chose and now he's gone...

I still find it incredibly sweet that you created a whole separate storyline because you didn't like seeing Leo get hurt. Looks like it turned out well.

@BlueSeaWaves Thank you! The nice thing about the Moschino pack tripod is that you get outstanding photos regardless of photography skill. I used a combination of that and the Get to Work photo booth, and the pictures with the latter are all lower quality because I only have one sim who's ever worked the skill. I did have more fun with the photo booth than I ever had before during my marathon of photo shoots, so I may make more use of it in the future. Good luck to Christopher with his girl troubles!

@Steamvarius I lol'd at your note to self about the lighting. I definitely went through that learning curve while I was taking portraits of all my families.

@DeafSimmer You've posted several times since I last had time to comment. At one point I felt bad for Finley about the rejected proposal. But not anymore. He's as responsible for the pregnancy as she is, getting mad at her about it is ridiculous. Hope Celestia can eventually find someone else who'll appreciate her and her daughter.

Okay I intended to just answer mentions but I dropped a few comments... but I really want to go play now. I'll try to get to some more posts later this week.
    edited August 2019
    Okay, @AlwaysAsking, here's an adult Rinaldo just for you.
    NzQgdfZ.png
    BTW I accidentally loaded the whole retirement village onto the gallery when I meant to put them in my library, and I left them up in case you want to download Rinaldo.

Also may as well post the photos I just took of my vampires. Beware, they are somewhat silly.

Ulrike Faust, the vamp:
    RXkCD6Y.png
    8N4Haxs.png

Maaike Haas, the tree-hugger:
    45yazrD.png
    shPwlCh.png

Raj Rasoya, the funny man:
    dg1lAZm.png
    OtD9VMl.png

I didn't take any of Vlad, as I haven't changed him from his original.
    Post edited by Daephene on
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I thought about making Ulrike a vamp too but then I decided that she looks more like a witch to me.
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I thought about making Ulrike a vamp too but then I decided that she looks more like a witch to me.

After watching the Realm of Magic trailer I thought Ulrike and Maaike would have made a great pair of contrasting witches, but I'd already turned them into vampires. Maybe in another save.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    VF6zuZz.jpg

Dear Aliens:

WHY ARE YOU OBSESSED WITH THIS FAMILY?

It's been nothing but Arisan lately! First up, a quick visit to the desert.

CSTSK6R.jpg
    Miriam is now a teenager, and....well. She chose the pants and I made the rest of her match. I have no idea where she's going to go, but she looks fun for now.

Originally, the desert home was the place where cousins Amaara and Karen lived together to focus on their respective careers away from their busy family homes. Well, they're both nearing Elder now, and Amaara's family is filling the house: Maheer now has a wife and a kid (Esperanza), so Karen has decided to spend her retirement somewhere a little more....peaceful. Namely, Sulani, where she's going to be roomies with Arisan, there to join her in a life of napping, soaking in the tub, swimming, and napping or soaking in the hot tub. (Arisan has quit her restaurant position and now lives on cookbook sales.)

Arisan would welcome the help, because she's pregnant. Karen will join her as a sister in arms -- a parent-ally!

HpPZSKp.jpg
    Karen playing the piano at Arisan's place.

FE2Dror.jpg
    Karen, post retirement, experimenting with painting.

7GvxuHw.jpg
    On my Sulani, shoes are nowhere to be found. :)

vPLxPYS.jpg
    Awwww! Toddlers can play on the beach! Meet young Frodo, Arisan's son. He'll grow up to be a Child of the Oceans.

Y0BvEYl.jpg
    Why do I get the feeling all you people are waiting for The Player to run into you on the way to Cinnabar Island?

uvfKIWd.jpg
    Frodo and Esperanza, his best friend and perhaps future partner.

bsYTzv8.jpg
    KID STOP THAT

Right before I saved and closed tonight, I decided to see if an idea I had for Arisan's place would help. This is the house as is:

TBuYaC9.jpg
    I wanted to keep this house as simple as possible, so I've just made the original starter work for as long as possible. Arisan now has another baby, Samwise, and as soon as Karen passed of old age (:( ) she moved in another friend, Dawn Schaefer, to be the resident parent-ally.

O8RH9t6.jpg
    So, this is what I did. I'm not sure how to describe it, but now the room previously containing the bed has been converted into a staircase area. Upstairs, there's a roofed-over deck with beds! It's an open air communal bedroom!

Y2qYrW6.jpg
    Can you imagine waking up and seeing THIS? :D The arrangment seems to work pretty well. It's unusual but to me it fits the spirit of Sulani's island atmosphere.

BW9pmeh.jpg
    Slow down, Samwise!
    As a first thing, Morgan and Yuki went to talk to Erwin...
    JDlpJVH.png
    RQ3Nu0a.png
    Morgan run off to investigate the plants...
    XnPr2hi.png
    and Erwin didn't really want to split it out...
    XTBGu6U.png
    Yuki managed to plant a bug on him, anyway...
    yvpQT1F.png
    vstBdBL.png
    then hacked the Lothario trust found to get us some money...
    YCqLKq5.png
    While Morgan kept trying to get something out of Erwin...
    cTwPSdL.png
    by evening, she figured out that... we may need a big scary guy to make people talk in here...
    o0AtWMT.png
    she haven't seen the big scary guy in ages, though... he disappeared somewhere....
    kEOxyMt.png
    J3y8j5F.png
    but... he and Morgan are childhood friends and.. he never say no to her...
    UPg0Rz6.png
    so.. the big scary guy arrived... incredibly fast...
    ASOEzhY.png
    LVHviUN.png
    O6Kcjo1.png
    wC8JcG0.png
    Morgan explained him the situation and they hit the bar...
    xpOJabI.png
    they tried to get some info, but none of this people was from Strangerville...
    6iWgLn1.png
    CKj7Ko6.png
    Morgan wanted to try what Wolfgang was drinking... she still doesn't know...
    sDB8beD.png
    they had time to catch up a bit...
    m1Fssz1.png
    and Morgan realized that the drink was awful...
    TQKdxyT.png
    now, my game is messed up, and there are no townies in strangerville... I edited npcc configuration but... they still don't want to spawn...
    YBHdD6R.png
    so, they went back to the trailer...
    nXA9iWn.png
    but the night was almost over and Wolfgang had to stop... and tell her...
    zh6ws1r.png
    he can't be out by day, he's a vampire and.. he's not a daywalker...
    M8XNKs4.png
    Morgan just told him he's an idiot because he didn't tell her before, instead, he disappeared...
    and the only reason they get along is because that's how she react to his mean interactions all the time..
    AlDBQ0X.png
    XudhUI4.png
    I love these two...
    7YBdmWE.png
    so, the big scary vampire needs a big scary coffin... because he's nightbound like Cass, he's one of my pure darkness vampires.
    uyOYq3F.png
    he sleeps by day...
    tbdI5m5.png
    and I had to find another solution for Yuki and Morgan...
    GhP9aIt.png

Next Morning...
    Morgan realized that Wolfgang was being kind of a plum the night before and she took it on the tomatoes...
    EXJRgWC.png
    While Yuki was listening to Erwin...
    HyqX1uI.png
    they both were in need of amusement so...
    ExLTVAh.png
    OXl2AXQ.png
    not much else to do to get that bar up than woohoo in the tent...
    uhiOEL0.png
    then they went to the library but found nothing useful..
    Kc4kRd7.png
    bDvB01w.png
    so we waited for the night to visit the lab... and this is when I found out just how much my game is messed up...
    fCKrVAQ.png
    I had a mod in my folder to make the lab buildable for one of my stories and, I forgot to remove it when I started this save, now my game doesn't want to load the Lab without the mod inside the folder and it may prevent me from completing the story... still, for now, we were able to get inside. The lot is now residential so I had to move them in, and make the trailer a generic lot...
    vc6p97m.png
    RVTmnfO.png
    2lCFZv5.png
    back to the trailer because Yuki and Morgan were tired... Wolfgang was never so happy to have left the human needs behind...
    10iYeo8.png
    but he needs some juice and... Erwin was there....
    YiKg5oo.png
    so...
    dzUVxFn.png
    7TaUPlp.png
    this is how... Erwin Price died...
    pxrOLv9.png
    just kidding, Grim was in a good mood and he spared him!
    e1iS8Yy.png
    0WxnBJ9.png
    GSCALg3.png
    "feeling better?!"
    3rWKs4q.png
    "the plum?!! You just... killed me?!!!"
    Bq55hFH.png
    "...." "are you crazy?!"
    LGEPTQs.png
    "you're making such a fuss for this death thing... I'm dead and never felt better, so what?!"

They.. didn't really start with the right foot...
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I was finally able to get the frame issue resolved! I removed my mods folder to my desktop and played vanilla. I bought a tripod and a camera and had my couple- who are still just friends- take these selfies together!
    48634102051_697bcb179d_o.png
    48634101611_cdcd4e6236_o.png
    48634242792_617d77bbb0_o.png
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I was finally able to get the frame issue resolved! I removed my mods folder to my desktop and played vanilla. I bought a tripod and a camera and had my couple- who are still just friends- take these selfies together!
    48634102051_697bcb179d_o.png
    48634101611_cdcd4e6236_o.png
    48634242792_617d77bbb0_o.png

What frame issue?! I had a frame issue too... maybe I can help.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @Morkovka I still couldn't figure out whether Darling is a brand new sim or it is the one from CL with a CC skin. Hehe, the mirror animation is so funny :D I like that the animation isn't perfectly clonned.

@SiliClone The end was hilarious :D Erwin is a funny guy. And I really love Wolfgang's house! Did you build it?
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    @Morkovka I still couldn't figure out whether Darling is a brand new sim or it is the one from CL with a CC skin. Hehe, the mirror animation is so funny :D I like that the animation isn't perfectly clonned.

@SiliClone The end was hilarious :D Erwin is a funny guy. And I really love Wolfgang's house! Did you build it?

Nope, it's one of the premade houses in FH... but I love it, seems like something out of a Tim Burton movie.
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    @DoloresGrey Same Darling + gender + CC and a few tweaks here and there.
    gR3B2Sn.jpg
    He lost his freckles after gender change, so I gave him new better ones.
    CC skin does change a lot, but I always try to keep eyes/nose/lips shape intact when making over premades.
    I always adjust jaw/chin to my liking tho, the game never gets it right.
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hey Y’all! Its been several days since I have been on here last and I am so sorry! Life has been crazy with family emergencies but I just to take some time off work for the first time since March. That should get me enough time to catch up!!

Whoo Boy! Its at page 416 lol!!! Ok, I am starting at page 410. If I miss a post, I 'm sorry! I have been liking and "awesome-ing" posts when I can!

@siliclone
    Yay! I missed your stories with Caleb and Cassandra!! The wedding was beautiful and I love what you did with the Vatore House! Alice and Morgana are going to be adorable!
    Yes. I know I should have have gotten the ambrosias made up for resurrections, but at that point I was so frustrated I didn’t care lol!! Oh well
    OMG! Caleb looks like he makes an awesome. And the flirting with his sister’s significant other!
    I have seen Lilith throw a lot of drama in game and it can be intense!
    @reddestiny92
    OH NO!! I am so sorry your files were lost! That is horrible!!! I like your story line you posted later.

@keidra I enjoyed reading your MCCC legacy and what happened with the premades. I had MCCC marry my unplayed families before and its always interesting to see how they turn out. Marcus Flex always seems to marry that Iggy guy from GF in like every save. The Goths wind up having like 6 kids in my saves

@ldmarko Your Prescotts are adorable! So many toddlers! That must be a challenge trying to wrangle so many!
    LOL! “I’ll deal with it in the morning” Loved that quote. I’m glad she survived the crash

@defafnyr LMAO!! The description of your sim’s career outfits cracks me up!!

@doloresgray No!!!! That must have been heartbreaking! It seems like everyone’s games are throwing curveballs. What a horrible fire!!
    I loved reading about your Pancakes family! It looks like they had fun playing in the water The Flying bowl and the random sim swimming in the dirt was awesome lol!

@becka28 I really enjoyed reading about Clovelly’s family. They are lovely. How do you like playing the science career?
    It looks like DeeWhy will have a very interesting and promising life! I love Madelaine
    Your Austrailian style ranch home is gorgeous! It kind of reminds me of some of the older ranch homes we have in Texas:) I have been making over Oasis Springs in both the styles of homes found around Texas and across the southwest U.S. from the 1800s to modern times. Its been interesting so far. I really like Strangerville because the building elements are very similar, however the houses are not the best.
    Surprisingly Bjorn has been very faithful to his wife so far, being changed into a vampire seems to have ignited a spark in Clara. She is now extremely affectionate towards him. Hmmmm.
    You think he would be attracted to his look alike! Thankfully the game recognizes clones as a sibling or identical twins. They are listed as brothers and clones. They are also best friends. Its pathetic. Bjornsquared ironically is a fiercely protective uncle. I am trying to get Bjorn’s power level up to make him sun proof, so I have let him loose on the public quite yet…

@simtrippy Laura and Marcus make such a cute couple! I am glad she went with him instead of Dwight. He seems too distant
    I am with moving Napo and Nixie out as well. It will free up some household spots but also give them the chance to start a new family. (At page 413) I really like the idea of Nixie starting her own matriarchal tribe. Very cool idea!

@alwaysasking HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    Hunter and Leo make such a cute couple! Thank you for posting their story!! Do you plan on playing them after your Strangerville story?
    Thank you for the tips! Fortunately Bjorn and Bjornsquared still have some of their stuff so I think I may just transfer it to the new team so I can shorten this expedition. I’m glad I still have Griffin around. I’m a control freak with my sims usually. I’ve been enjoying the curveballs this save has been throwing me, but I wasn’t going to tolerate that one.
    Clint and Rachel Fontenot do make cute babies! Their youngest is not full alien however. I am very tempted to try for baby #3 but they have a lot on their hands at the moment. Clint is older (adult) than Rachel (young adult) so I think they may go ahead so he’s not dealing with teens in his senior years. Although, I always think of aliens and mermaids as living a lot longer than regular sims…
    Lol! Plays sims, forever. Don’t we all though in a way? Its been kinda weird watching my simself in game. Sigh, if only my real life were as interesting. Yes, the training story with Rugby did happen in real life lol. He’s not very bright but he is very loving. He’s half pug and half dachsund. He does the pug head tilt which is adorable. So far my simself (I call her Sarabeth) is friends with Lily Feng and Kat Cave. Sarabeth has had a few disastrous dates so far. However, she recently met Griffin’s younger brother (secretly alien) Vincent at the Geekcon. Both are geeks with nerd aspirations so they hit it off at first sight. It was adorable because he’s in the military (what can I say, I love men in military Fatigues too), every time he greets her, he salutes.

@deafsimmer Your crime stories are so cool! Awesome screenshots too.
    Just read page 413. Poor Celestia! I can’t believe Finley would abandon her like that

@Morkovka Wanda is adorable! I have to say the Goth/Lothario/Vatore combinations are always make gorgeous babies. I had a whole legacy from them on Console. I never had to make small adjustments to the sims.
    No Noah!!!! That is so so sad! I hope you can bring him back!
    Ok, I have read a few more pages now. Yay for the rescue team! Noah’s back!!
    @daephene Thanks for the lol with my Rugby story! Not going to lie, he is a little dumb but he’s very loving and thats all that matters:)

@simslover163 Loving your posts! I would also like to say, I absolutely love the houses you have especially the one towards the beginning of your post on page 412.

@Kristina Oh I love your Gideon and Isabelle! Looking forward to seeing more stories with them!

@smellincoffee I loved reading your post!
    Did I just see you post that aliens can become mermaids?!! That’s awesome. How did you do that?! I would love to learn!!! :)

@doodlydoofus Your avatar cracks me up. Love it! Your post with Gunnar and his baby’s birth was awesome. Did he handle it well? ;)

@steamvarius Hamish is such a cute toddler and a cute name! You don’t hear it much anymore
    Post edited by sarabeth2984 on
    Erwin was fine and back to work!
    Uz3LaCg.png
    4UdP8KF.png
    while Yuki and Morgan were back to.... fun...
    iTsm959.png
    we waited for the night to move, since no townies want to spawn... we went to the townies...
    pWvmjJX.png
    the game said that Ted and his wife weren't at home... not a big deal when you have a vampire in the team!
    rH3nFF6.png
    RHOl368.png
    so we went looking around in the basement and found some evidences
    Ao1I1Tk.png
    conN8wO.png
    Wolfgang is not much into romance and stuff...
    the game lied because Ted was at home...
    pITfzSI.png
    but he ran away when we tried to talk to him..
    FEhfGZw.png
    0UDJwWc.png
    can't run away from a vampire, Ted...
    Wolfgang kept him busy just enough for Yuki to come upstairs...
    STltPz7.png
    EDwksas.png
    and plant a bug on him...
    dVeajUl.png
    4zs6MBr.png
    then he was rude so...
    n09gaMn.png
    GEk2eK9.png
    ZN7n0fM.png
    WdnHQIA.png
    night Ted...
    Second stop... Jess house, the patient zero...
    LqYU37s.png
    and this time, no one was at home for real...
    QAGvwrK.png
    s0PgKCt.png
    Yuki loves Wolfgang vampiric powers!
    krYkTHl.png
    back home, she listened to Ted...
    8u7IDNd.png
    then she and Morgan went to sleep, and Wolfgang had to pay a visit to someone...
    9lb3K6k.png
    8HdDPiu.png
    because, we may need a death flower...
    pt4VDCL.png
    and he wanted to see Cass...
    fvzedVS.png
    and ask her to do something they used to do a lot when they were together...
    YbDPMt1.png
    I still feel bad about this...
    Glad to see Caleb and Cass are like this when I don't play them, too...
    DOipEwJ.png

Wolfgang doesn't like Strangerville much... night are short and days are long...
    0sJrd4Z.png
    in the morning, Yuki did some more hacking and then she went to Curio Shop...
    XrVEz8J.png
    4o8EGrr.png
    she had the dossier so she got the card!!
    ob3gbIN.png
    then a storm hit us and broke her pc
    vsJ9TSi.png
    there was not much to do during the storm so they socialized...
    frOU4jm.png
    I think they are the best couple I have...
    All this sweetness woke up Wolfgang for some reason, who had to react to it...
    UayIIWz.png
    I don't know if that's because he's asexual, or mean... or just feels alone...
    Morgan fixed Yuki's PC
    l7sjOnJ.png
    while she fixed some sandwiches for the night to come...
    MxUdwCz.png
    and Wolfgang needed to have dinner too... no one was around but Erwin so....
    mPYJzPQ.png
    it had to be him, again...
    llTpg4T.png
    btw, Wolfgang finds him very tasty...
    xoxoMNB.png

Back to the Lab...
    We got inside!!
    1W7Q0qK.png
    q0KmrXA.png
    npDPEda.png
    and now that he's a vampire, Wolfgang thinks he's pretty much immune to everything...
    GwRa92O.png
    so, he had to try... this...
    sjCa4Mm.png
    and... didn't go well...
    CQs9PKJ.png
    TYfCOFG.png
    4psB0af.png
    hSMKrNG.png
    "so you managed to get weirder than usual.. that's.. cool..."
    Morgan is used to Wolfgang to be like... this... so she just enjoyed her sandwich...
    xHPPMV3.png
    Kinda... Laughing at him, waiting for him to come back..
    mpEzryk.png
    we need protection and... the plants are growing up...
    hqd14t4.png
    rqVSX10.png
    AzVrfpC.png
    aFG27IH.png
    2cgNIr4.png
    "just remind me... why didn't I call Max instead?!"
    t2cFRGI.png
    5jjcLfl.png
    EBXFPiu.png
    we got some fruits..
    bZJOyKI.png
    and now there is... that...

random shot of Yuki telling a scary story to Wolfagang and then... the wines out of the bathroom!
    JCWTL0u.png
    xstHdyQ.png
    Erwin was here again...
    uSZkB1t.png
    so we asked him more question but got nothing...
    Wolfgang wasn't quite as shocked so he won the task to clean it up...
    mE8xz5d.png
    o0uq309.png
    N5CaQt5.png
    Morgan planted the fruit...
    and I figured out.... Yuki and Erwin have something in common... they're both Geek!
    crx0Kg4.png
    so if someone can befriend him, that's her!
    humans have so many needs though...
    MiZnANw.png
    @sarabeth2984 thanks! Lilith in my game has the emotion bomb quirk to make it worse... so every time she's angry or sad is a mess... she has controlled emotion (thanks to Caleb who always plummed her off and she was always jogging to clear her mind, and thanks to him she also has the argumentative trait because I was never able to catch her and discipline her before she ran off) but it doesn't mean much if she goes enraged...
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    TYfCOFG.png
    @SiliClone How isn't this your new avatar yet? :D:D:D
    It's hilarious!
    Morkovka wrote: »
    TYfCOFG.png
    @SiliClone How isn't this your new avatar yet? :D:D:D
    It's hilarious!

Now it is!
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    @sarabeth2984 Gunnar has no problem having kids....I mean he has five now. He'll be just fine with little baby Bruce.

Meanwhile, Luz is too busy trying to get bigger in the world of social media to take great care of Bruce right now.
    dBxuf8L.png
    Gunnar: "Hey I'm back from work, how's the baby?"
    Luz: "What baby?"
    vHVESvD.png
    Abraham: "Permission to see my Grandson, Ma'am!"
    Luz: "Permission granted, Grand Marshall."
    FENMy4Y.png
    Abraham: "Well it was fine and dandy to meet my grand kid but I got to go march around in your front lawn for no reason."
    srYmjEt.png
    Make no mistake, he did exactly that.
    kbI6bqc.png
    Later, Luz went to go check on Baby Bruce (Gasp!) when her paranoid personality trait kicked in and she could swear that someone was watching her through the window!
    J5kJ7ZX.png
    Maggie: "I'm not watching you, I'm watching Abraham playing video games! He's so great!"
    8xYNyD5.png
    Looks like Luz is happy to see Gunnar taking care of the kid.....mostly because this means she can go back to her computer. She can't trend while she's taking care of babies!
    weFVNBt.png
    Kala: "'Sup, here to see my grandson."
    Gunnar: "He's right here."
    Kala: "Neato."
    iWAaCrL.png
    Looks like Luz's gamepad broke. What a shame, she got that from Santa.
    Okk3E6W.png
    Also, Gunnar needed to drink some blood. Good thing is Luz agreed to let Gunnar feed off her!
    D5mQiV1.png
    Bad idea in retrospect, she just couldn't handle it.
    xnBkIEu.png
    Aww this is heartbreaking, the Embarrassed Ghost of Arnold Schwarzenegger has come to visit.
    vRF1K8y.png
    Arnold: "I NEED TO CRY IT OUT IN YOUR CLOSET, I AM ASHAMED OF MYSELF FOR DYING BEFORE I CAN RETURN TO THE PREDATOR MOVIES!"
    Gunnar: "K, I'll be right here if you need me."
    006oSjv.png
    Later that night, Gunnar had no one to hang out with. So he hung out with Arnold since you know, he only shows up at night. So the two looked at the stars together.
    r9miQfE.png
    Again, Gunnar needs to practice his piano skill. So he played a nice inspiring tune.
    Pr2FS7L.png
    Arnold: "OH HIS PLAYING WAS SO INSPIRING IT INSPIRED ME TO TAKE UP THE CULINARY LIFESTYLE!"
    RptMEOG.png
    Arnold: "OH I CUT MY FINGER CUTTING THESE TOMATOES! IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE I AM A GHOST AND I SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO HURT MYSELF LIKE THIS BUT HERE I AM!"
    aNE65lF.png
    The next morning, Gunnar takes care of his plasma tree so he doesn't have to feed on Luz again.
    uRsy0nT.png
    There he did his deed for the day.
    wvcaWT5.png
    Well good thing is, Gunnar fixed the gamepad so now Luz can get back to no lifing R.E.F.U.G.E.
    iyJXxTj.png
    Gasp, Luz taking care of the baby. What a surprise!
    YZHengH.png
    Then I gave Luz a quick makeover, just randomized clothing items, changed the shirt purple just because it seems like her color.
    urX4oBA.png
    And there's Gunnar at least letting her know she still looks good.
    vSORx3M.png
    Oh hey, Bruce is a toddler now.
    teDUxZx.png
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Hey Y’all!
    Ok so a ton of stuff has happened in my game lately. I’ll keep it really short today. Its mostly updates on the families I regularly play

Forgotten Hollow: Straud Mansion
    I totally forgot that Vlad and his wife the Countess Kalama ain-u (Kallie) were pregnant!
    Ppg76ui.png
    I had been playing with other sims and caught a random screenshot of Kallie in her second semester working out like a boss at the gym. Go Kallie!
    RZkp9D8.png
    I got an MCCC notice that Kallie was in labor. Poor thing. I have pregnancies set to 14 days via MCCC for greater realism. Each day they are pregnant adds an hour to their labor. So she had been in labor for 14 hours. Sorry Kallie :(
    Guess she was going for a water birth
    gxBVdHs.png
    The birth happened in the living room instead
    nvNzXKq.png
    Vlad panicked of course lol
    8VP5BCg.png
    Its a girl! Her name is Veronica
    j5b9EzV.png
    Vlad the Dad is very proud. I swear he does most of the care of the baby. Kallie has trained him well:)
    CEtmiWS.png

Updates on Griffin and his Family
    Well Griffin has been magically brought back from the great beyond after the Strangerville disaster. I guess this is nothing new since he is “undead” already, being a vampire. He recently asked his girlfriend Agnes and her son to move in with him and his daughter Lisette. They live at Rustic Residence in Windenberg. I gave the house a major overhaul. It still needs some decorations, Agnes is quite the artist so she can provide that. Griffin’s style is a couple decades behind the times, Agnes plans on updating the house overtime so Griffin doesn’t notice lol. I played this family for over a week in game. The kids needed some bonding time.
    The meals have definitely improved since Agnes has started taking over the cooking
    rqo0UhZ.png
    Lissette and Skyler have been studying hard and doing extra credit work so their parents awarded them with a Voidcritter gaming console
    jfTS5uq.png
    The kids like their swing set
    aAAGIRw.png
    Its early summer in Windenberg. The family play war with water balloons. Agnes’ dad Neil stopped by for a visit and joined in the game
    IWvao7W.png
    Griffin and Agnes have been acting like two teenagers in love now that they have more time with each other. Griffin decides to pop the question. Agnes thinks “Really Grififin, in the living room? You couldn’t plan a proposal in a more romantic spot. Oh well” :) Bandido the pit bull looks on (he was whining for walkies)
    AcnIONZ.png
    YSYU2Z0.png
    Agnes says yes!!
    VnqD8bo.png

Griffin has been travelling to his eldest son’s house regularly for training sessions. He had recently turned his eldest son Bjorn Bjergsen into a vampire (I like setting up family ties and genealogies; its nice to see how premade sims react with newly assigned parents and families). Griffin has also been hanging out with his cloned son Bjornsquared who lives with Bjorn (I call them the Bjorns). Griffin may be stuck in the young adult stage of life, but he’s a tad older than his cousin Vlad Straud. He figures he’s been around for about 300 years but he stopped keeping count decades ago. Griffin’s philosophy in life is to lay low, and keep your family and friends close. He’s also adamant that vampires avoid feeding on regular sims. That’s why he’s lasted so long. He knows from experience (I’ll get more into it in upcoming stories)
    Griffin gives some advice on living as a vampire
    sOOR6ah.png
    Showing him how to use some powers
    GpvIGr4.png
    Griffin also spent a fortune buying the Vampirica Encyclopedia book series. He gave it wrapped up in a nice box
    gkeuOG4.png
    And plenty of plasma packs
    M0wUEtn.png
    Bjorn does what he is told and has been diligently (with lots of prompting on my part) reading his books. Its hilarious. Clara can’t keep her hands off Bjorn now that he’s turned. Hmmmm
    89eoDga.png
    I love Clara to pieces and they have been faithful to each other but she is kinda stupid. She stood outside in a thunderstorm for half an hour before going to work. Well I can’t help it if you get hit by lighting
    k6RbRVf.png
    Bjorn’s first flight as a bat!
    rb64HOX.png
    I hadn’t played the family long enough because the Welcome Wagon showed up with Fruitcake. Yay.

Neil (the curly red-haired guy) kept leaving bowls of stinking and spoiled franks and beans all over the house. I popped over to his house after this play and found he had like 12 servings in his inventory. Weird
    Dirty old man Jacques Villareal had clothes on when he walked in the door. Then twirled into his birthday suit. Lovely
    sbOLEzk.png
    Uncle Bjornsquared, I’ll call him Bjorn2, the clone (the original Bjorn was upstairs reading) takes offense. Jacques just stripped in HIS house in FRONT of his teen niece Sofia! Then the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 had the audacity to follow both the girls to the dining room. Not cool. Uncle Bjorn2 is actually very parental towards his nieces. He’s constantly tutoring them on homework and parenting them. Jacques was trying to strike up a conversation with Sofia and Elsa. They had gone down a hallway into the dining room to do homework (you can barely see Elsa sitting in her chair) I was amazed because I thought sims are never nude in front of children and teens. Uncle Bjorn2 blocks the way and starts arguing with Jacques
    ZhhWo73.png
    Ea4bQrW.png
    The argument follows onto the back patio.
    sHNBhtv.png
    Jacques finally left. Bjorn2 enters into uncle mode with his nieces
    yboQo6E.png
    Later the clones meet and talk.
    sndFhcj.png
    Bjorn2 complains about Jacques
    ggaU8VS.png
    Bjorn pauses for a minute. His face turning red with anger before calming down.
    “Don’t worry bro. I have a cunning plan”
    hxRDsSb.png

See y’all tomorrow!
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @Daephene, page 416.
    Yep. That happens a bit.

@sarabeth2984, page 416.
    Thanks for the feedback!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
    Update time. Recently, Benjamin tended to his bees:
    08-19-19_10-53-42%25C2%25A0AM.png
    In the Karaoke room, Roddy and Sophia hugged Hamish:
    08-19-19_12-49-53%25C2%25A0PM.png
    08-19-19_12-50-41%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Roddy then sang a few songs to Hamish on the piano:
    08-19-19_12-56-52%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Wendy gave her nephew a big hug:
    08-19-19_1-16-36%25C2%25A0PM.png
    And talked to him:
    08-19-19_1-17-33%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Benjamin was taking notes of his plants in the greenhouse:
    08-19-19_12-57-18%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Only Benjamin can enter the greenhouse, for the obvious fact that bees having a tantrum are quite dangerous. Anyway, after he had noted down the information of his plants, he went inside and gave Hamish a hug:
    08-19-19_2-04-25%25C2%25A0PM.png
    And told him a story. Hamish enjoyed it!
    08-19-19_2-13-41%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Time for toilet training!
    08-19-19_2-17-11%25C2%25A0PM.png
    08-19-19_2-23-06%25C2%25A0PM.png
    After a successful potty session, Benjamin watches as Hamish walks to his stuffed dinosaur:
    08-19-19_2-23-12%25C2%25A0PM.png
    08-19-19_2-24-13%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'Dino!' Hamish said as he hugged the toy:
    08-19-19_2-24-16%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Benjamin smiled. He went downstairs and tended to his bees:
    08-19-19_2-49-36%25C2%25A0PM.png
    He then collected a swarm went inside. The bees then entertained him:
    08-19-19_2-51-01%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Benjamin then suavely kissed Shine's hand:
    08-19-19_2-52-29%25C2%25A0PM.png
    08-19-19_2-52-32%25C2%25A0PM.png
    The pair then talked to each other:
    08-19-19_3-19-28%25C2%25A0PM.png
    At that moment, Roddy and Sophia came home from school:
    08-19-19_3-20-26%25C2%25A0PM.png
    You're probably wondering why Roddy and Sophia are going to school. Well, they got so fed up of the Drama Club teacher, that they quit. It was something the drama teacher said (which I don't want to repeat here) that made Roddy snap. Thankfully, Judith Ward was in the audience, and gave the uncouth mentor the tongue lashing of a century. The drama teacher was sacked for discriminatory comments about Aunt Wendy and Tiffany. So, there we have it. Anyway, Sophia went into the playroom and gave Hamish a big hug and a big kiss on the cheek.
    08-19-19_3-28-39%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'How's my little brother?' Sophia asked cheerfully:
    08-19-19_3-29-40%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'Me, happy!' Hamish replied.
    08-19-19_3-29-47%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'Awww, you're learning new words every day, Hamish!' Sophia said, looking fondly at her little brother. Later, she sat down and did her homework, with Hamish watching:
    08-19-19_3-32-11%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Roddy was in the club basement, doing his homework, too:
    08-19-19_3-29-30%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    DeeWhy Part 2
    Rhys comes to visit to make sure everything is okay.
    sFXlovO.png?1
    Typical Rhys – looking sweet and dreamy
    J1PYtIw.png
    a0Cecvr.png?1
    ikhinbP.png?1
    This is the paint from reference painting that was lost..
    sapXdTv.png
    Rhys showing some excitement – he never danced at home.
    2vyqLai.png?1
    Another house party – Rhys and Clovelly are the ones who dance the most
    pWetFX1.png?1
    The next day Rhys invited them to the Flea market. Rhys and Madelaine are obsessed with basketball.
    foQXXEf.png
    I have never seen Rhys show even a quarter of this emotion before (I was hoping he wouldn’t die of hysteria)
    ll3b7fR.png?1
    Two people in this image are having an amazing time
    IL1p2Yr.png?1
    DeeWhy tried to enjoy himself
    b3Ah3KN.png?1
    But even the food wasn’t as good as he hoped…
    d2AsXVt.png
    The next morning Whisper had a surprise for his family (I forget what he brought)
    UoQYBNV.png
    hTHJ4n0.png?1
    RJvVu7h.png?1
    DeeWhy asks Madelaine on a date
    L7BhEZz.png?1
    He surprises her with a suave kiss
    e3JyeyF.png?1
    She surprises him back by giving him one straight afterwards…
    J5KPs7r.png?1
    They go and sit downstairs and Madelaine makes the first move
    5YM1G22.png?1
    It was a good date and they had a lot of fun..
    0SJ0U7H.png
    s1EZM0B.png?1
    HZ06DBW.png?1
    wLvsMDd.png?1
    Unfortunately, right then they received a call letting them know Rhys had passed away. Both of them were very sad (Madelaine has full green friendship bars with Rhys and Clovelly – I created her before DeeWhy was even born but they were obviously meant to be as she fits so well into his life.)
    DeeWhy was comforted by his mother the next morning.
    4ZatUS6.png?1
    And went with her to collect the urn to add to the drifter family.
    isXFQKz.png?1
    This image fails to capture both sims quivering lips plus the loud distressed crying from both Darlinghurst and Drummoyne who are crying in their beds. (this gets me every time and I cry)
    pREKNU6.png?1
    Clovelly proves she is a mum and comforts DeeWhy with food.
    TVIuKvF.png?1
    Madelaine does the same
    Q70YE1N.png?1
    Poor Coogee – she has just lost her wife and now her brother in law..
    By1GzBn.png?1
    Strange shot of Drummoyne and Madelaine – Drummoyne was very sad and kept coming to see DeeWhy
    2TQY8so.png?1
    A family dinner out
    e48PACz.png?1
    Time goes on and DeeWhy finishes the master bedroom and decides to propose to Madelaine
    yhyXEVx.png?1
    Of course she is thrilled and accepts.
    zZAIyuq.png?1
    The big day – I decided Madelaine is arty and would like something slightly less traditional so went with the pale pink dress (and braved my cursed venue).
    QcjHlBz.png?1
    AJOU8f3.png?1
    IbaESkP.png?1
    9AyBXT6.png?1
    I have never seen two brothers embrace like this right after the ceremony. Drummoyne was very emotional.
    1Xqcvo9.png?1
    They went with the winter cake in keeping with the non traditional theme (and its my favourite looking cake in the game – not sure what flavour but I imagine it as a black forest gateau)
    vzwF7xf.png?1
    4luzld7.png?1
    Hayley looks so nice
    PAtFlzn.png?1
    And so does Darlinghurst (she married a townie I picked for her in CAS and is very happy).
    jKZRr9X.png?1
    Not sure about the pose (Madelaine took the photo) but Clovelly looks good too.
    MF6kwig.png?1
    This random townie showed up in Police uniform - I have never seen one before except on the police lot or doing the career. I wanted Madelaine to take her photo because of her brown earrings for the treasure hunt but she got up and left when Madelaine tried to interact with her.
    DxAlKRh.png
    First dance
    h3JHbUq.png?1
    Family dance
    A2EgyiK.png?1
    E7WccuH.png?1
    Romantic shot to show how the front of the house is developing..
    W69Ac9n.png?1
    And this is when Clovelly died with no urn anywhere. Is the wedding venue cursed? I am still not sure.

After sulking for a few days I remembered I have options because of MCCC so Clovelly is resurrected and now living as part of DeeWhy’s family (I couldn’t bring myself to kill her right away to get the urn.)+ there is no rule saying you can’t move your parents in – they are just not played sims anymore.
    LCHByre.png?1
    So I am happy and all is back okay with my game (and Rhys is reattached to the family tree).

@deafsimmer thankyou for the sympathy – I hope its fixed now. I can’t believe that plum treated your sim that way when she got pregnant. I really felt for her when she had her sleepless night. I hope things get better for her and she finds someone who deserves her.
    @Siliclone thanks for the mod info. I have come to a solution that suits this game but I will write it down because I will need it in future – the game handles death so poorly. Loving your Strangerville adventure – so happy you changed your avatar to possessed Wolfgang. I love seeing Yuki out and about – I never use her and she is very cool. And Raj at the gym LOL
    @calpfry always love hearing about your Landgraabs and seeing shots of them. I adore their names like Cornelius and Tiberius.
    @Steamvarius I didn’t know bees were anything but dangerous. Them forming a heart for Shine is adorable. If anyone could charm bees – it would be one of your sims as they are all charming.
    I loved your part about the drama teacher – one of my children had a similar repressive drama teacher.
    @Morkovka I am now regretting that Clovelly didn’t take her family to Sixam. I never even thought about it. It looks like they had a great time.
    @Blueseawaves I am enjoying hearing about Christopher and his love problems. I hope he finds someone nice and doesn’t become too much like his Dad (he is Barry’s boy isn’t he?) So glad Jack was alright and that Christopher didn’t burn either!
    @sarabeth2984 I loved the science career – its funny I never did it before considering it is so good and I have seen others enjoy it. I have done a lot of the other aspirations and careers in the early generation. Now for DeeWhy’s generation: I have never officially done a painting career although I finished the aspiration several times. So this will be new too.
    @Alwaysasking yes the family all know they are related and their relationships are named on the relationship panel on the bottom right eg. Cousin or Aunt (but Camden and Cabarita’s partners do not show up as Aunt or Uncle). Thanks for your comments on the drifter houses. I have really enjoyed getting into their personalities and making things really different for each generation.
    edited August 2019
    More screenshots time!
    Roddy started a gathering of the Order of the Pink. First to arrive was Carol, who sat down and played a video game:
    08-19-19_3-33-27%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Jessica Lacey arrived next and gave Roddy a hug and a kiss on the cheek:
    08-19-19_3-56-45%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Carol then gave Roddy a big hug:
    08-19-19_3-57-10%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Meanwhile, Hamish had taken himself to bed for a few sim hours sleep:
    08-19-19_4-00-38%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Jessica chatted with Shine:
    08-19-19_4-00-55%25C2%25A0PM.png
    And Benjamin gave Jessica a hug:
    08-19-19_4-01-19%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Jessica went back to the club basement, and chatted with Carol and Roddy:
    08-19-19_4-05-13%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Later, it was time to go home for Jessica and Carol. Jessica gave Roddy a big hug and a big kiss on the cheek and said goodbye:
    08-19-19_4-05-40%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Carol gave Roddy a big hug:
    08-19-19_4-06-29%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'Want to come around later?' Carol asked Roddy. 'That would be nice, Carol!' Roddy replied, smiling. He waved goodbye as the two made their way back. Back upstairs in his bedroom, Hamish had just woken up from his sleep:
    08-19-19_4-07-09%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Benjamin checked on his bees:
    08-19-19_4-16-31%25C2%25A0PM.png
    But something wasn't right...
    08-19-19_4-16-36%25C2%25A0PM.png
    The bees were not happy, and they were making their displeasure very clear:
    08-19-19_4-16-43%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'Ouch, what's gotten into you, ladies?' Benjamin said, wincing from the stings. He looked in and saw mites. 'Ah. there's the problem' Benjamin said. He changed into his bee suit and sprinkled a powder that doesn't harm bees but kills mites instantly into the beekeeping box. The bees were calm once again. 'There we go, much better' Benjamin said, smiling. Later, Roddy went over to Carol's house for a while. Carol gave Roddy a big loving hug when he arrived in the spare room:
    08-19-19_4-40-18%25C2%25A0PM.png
    The pair then chatted. 'How's Hamish doing?' Carol asked:
    08-19-19_4-40-35%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'Hamish is learning new words each day!' Roddy said, proudly.
    08-19-19_4-41-56%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'That's so good to hear, dearie! It's always a joy watching your siblings learn new things!' Carol said, cheerfully. She then smiled and gave Roddy several big smooches on his face:
    08-19-19_4-48-14%25C2%25A0PM.png
    08-19-19_4-48-32%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Roddy went bright red and giggled. Carol had covered his face in big bright shiny pink lipstick smooches:
    08-19-19_4-51-32%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Carol then gave him a big hug:
    08-19-19_4-49-19%25C2%25A0PM.png
    'You're such a sweet boy. Everyone's fond of you and your siblings' Carol said, beaming. 'Thank you, Carol!' Roddy said, cheerfully. 'You're welcome, dearie!' Carol said, smiling sweetly and batting her eyelashes at Roddy. Roddy giggled and wiped the lipstick smooches off his face:
    08-19-19_4-51-49%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Roddy then took Carol over to his home and Benjamin took a photo of the pair:
    08-19-19_5-03-01%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Carol said goodbye to Benjamin and Roddy and went back home.

Bloopers
    Ah, yes, the fabled reverse bush push!
    08-19-19_12-36-22%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Where the aim of the game is to not be pushed into a bush by another sim in an offering to an unknown god, but to deliberately fall into a bush, and emerge unscathed. (I'm referencing Harry Hill here, and the bush push scene in one EastEnders episode. Emerdale has the reverse, called the Verge Emerge)

Thanks, First Person Camera Angle. You've given me nightmares:
    08-19-19_4-39-39%25C2%25A0PM.png

@Becka28, Page 416.
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    @sarabeth2984 My alien mermaid is the child of an alien and a human sim, and I just had her turn into a mermaid using the kelp. In my story (and in my head), the aliens are from a water planet. In a previous update, my alien baby was abducted herself, and when she came back I had her eat mermaid kelp, and am pretending that her visit with her fathers' people activated her maritime genes. :)
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Becka28 Such a lovely wedding! How come your sims are always autonomously so lovely to each other - family? I love it but it does not happen in my game often. It happens very rarely :( And the cop made me remember TS3 how they always came at night because of complaining neighbours when you threw a party. I miss those times.
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top