Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Nothing exciting has happened in the Talla family. Elise has just given birth to their second and final child, a girl called Halia. And took some pictures to hang up around the house.

Elise and Indie

YXGAI9s.png

Duane and Kalani

CDEpEDV.png
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited August 2019
    So, a silly update

I’ve noticed that everyone is commenting on how useless the Romance Festival is for meeting a romantic interest. My beautiful couple, Ian and Lawrence, met at the Romance Festival, so I have a soft spot for it.

But I decided to experiment and see what would happen, because I’ve been noticing that it doesn’t work well for meeting anyone there lately either. If I bring a young adult, there will be teens and married Sims. If I bring a teen, there will be young adults and married Sims.

Soooo… I decided to outsmart the game! I took Gunther and Wolfgang Munch! A young adult and a teen! (This is not the save where Gunther is with Diego. He’s single here, as is Wolfgang)

Well, things did not work out. There wasn’t one teenager in attendance, besides Wolfgang, and there was one unmarried Adult (not young adult)

Right off the bat there were issues, apparently something/somebody smelled bad 😅 and the headwear was wonderful the minute they walked in.

vrUYsfr.png

I had Gunther try to talk up the single guy. Now, granted, Gunther is not the smoothest guy you’ll ever meet, but he had the advantage of the special tea going for him!

bqOeEg8.png

Yeah, it still didn’t go well 😅

zUvvdfm.png

Anyway, at this point I noticed that my Simself was there with my Simself's husband! So I spent the rest of the time watching us 😝

Ok, two things are very wrong with this picture. 1. My husband wears black. That’s it. Occasionally he wears something that is so dark blue that it appears black, but he wouldn’t be caught dead in a pink button up shirt 😂

j5CDEgy.png

2. I haven’t worn ruffles since I was confirmed at age 13, and that was a heck of a long time ago 😂😅 I haven’t worn a shiny shirt since the 80’s, when they were in style. I can’t wear a hat, ever, they give me terrible headaches. Soooo this is very uncharacteristic.

This is my Simself pleading with me to fix it. But I didn’t. I stayed there with the Munches so I could see how hubby and I acted autonomously.

X8ljBf6.png

It was fun, and rather realistic. He has been known to do something romantic every once in a while.

xvnE7mJ.png

I am likely to faint when he does 😂🤣

BVOmytF.png

I am the one who is always grabbing and kissing him or holding his hand in public. He does not do that 😆

1loggIg.png

He has recently grown his hair and beard out. He’d been clean shaven, head and all, for about 25 years. People who see him now can’t believe he has hair. They always thought he shaved his head to hide a bald spot. No, it was because he didn’t like spending hours at a barber waiting for a haircut. Plus, he worked as a self defense trainer for 20 years, and hair was not an asset in that position. Anyway, he’s retired now, and forever showing off his beard and hair. :smiley:

6zBGMDd.png

I don’t care if he’s bald or not, he’s quite handsome either way, lol

ZEoh1qE.png

He is often incredulous at the things I ask him to do, but he accepts with a sigh and an understanding that if I ask him to do something he generally has to do it 😆😄😉

oCJfzgA.png

Anyway, I am not this flirty about getting my way, but I guess I might do it on occasion. 😉 However, if I was wearing that get up, I don’t think he’d be too overwhelmed by my charms anyway 😂

rMsLGPp.png

So, that was our evening, Gunther and Wolfgang did not have much fun, but my husband and I did 😊

4APst3f.png

Plus, I finally got to see a townie wearing the fashion that @Becka28 ‘s Sims always wear in public 😉 Although, I don’t think her’s wear that amazing head wear. I really lucked out! 😝

94Lzn5d.png

Spoiler of the post I put up, many months ago, about he and I when we'd first moved in with each other in the late 80's
    I was inspired to play my own family for a while yesterday.

Some of this pictures are older, just to introduce the kids:

This is my oldest son, I’ll just call him his middle name: Ryan

46xJBjT.png

He was the sweetest baby and toddler ever! (In real life) But it’s time to age up!

32kDQUC.png

And here he is, instants later, at about 7 years old, lol

wXmp8C7.png

In real life, this son is now close to 35 years old, lol

This is my husband (boyfriend at the time) and his oldest son. We call them Big B and Little B. He was not as angelic as Ryan, lol

57dAGPu.png

And it’s time for him to age up!

8wgXXbE.png

He’s a cute little guy!

Zx0XH5v.png

In real life this son is now 31 years old, lol

Then I wanted to share these in-game pictures, of my husband and I, as we were, 29 years or so ago, when we first moved in together. We both had our own first kids by this time. These pictures are so funny because they are so close to reality!

I literally never left the guy alone

WoMtIml.png

He’s not terribly demonstrative lol, but that never stopped me.

lf6Bbmk.png

This is definitely more his style, and that’s exactly how I looked at him

6fLsMB0.png
    rOVhGXs.png

He’s like, “Hey, that’s cool, you gotta admit that’s cool.”

O0ROAFF.png

Me: “Ok, whatever.”

cYsXs7F.png

But now you owe me a hug, Mr Ultra Cool

xZOFXT1.png

Here’s us on the weekends

Me: “C’mon! It’s your weekend with Little B! We’re not sitting here all day!”

Him: Thinking … Oh my God, there’s a game on today, now what do I have to do?

PRLNJqz.png

Me: “Yes, we’re taking the kids out, yes, get ready.”

Him: “Will we be back in time for the second game?”

L9rZ83D.png

And here he is again, Mr Ultra Cool – lol

0P41eSm.png

Ryan, still angelic, Little B, a bit more mischievous, lol

hqho94a.png

But they were always adorable together, and never fought

ZDoHgx5.png

And Big B always ended up having fun

ZTdEkIz.png

And I still never left him alone, poor guy, lol

smm5wQ6.png
    Post edited by AlwaysAsking on
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @AlwaysAsking Aww, this is the most adorablest update on all of these 408 pages! <3
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    So I guess you could say what happened in my game is that I went back in time?

Amersham now:
    b86e98395e18eb218e2f00a7361444eef5031598.png

Amersham back in the day:
    1b16a5b5a18f20430061ca6a45aa064140673e42.png

What do you guys think of his younger look? I've never taken a sim I made as an older person and reversed their age before--it's usually the other way around.

FYI, if you want to see more Amersham, I just posted a short story submission that features him for the August SimLit challenge: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/964811/simlit-short-story-submission-amersham-excerpt/p1?new=1
    Oh gosh, Amersham does sound pretty creepy 😯 What kind of traits does a weirdo like that have? I'm looking forward to the story, and the flashback panel 😊

Thanks! I don't remember his traits at the moment. I just made him to be a good servant--neat, low social needs, stuff like that. I do have a custom "creepy" trait, so I'll have to check to see if I put that in there, LOL, but I don't think so.

BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @AlwaysAsking ah that's adorable when I play my self sim family I make my guy play it with me we usually restart it when it's time to play again
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited August 2019
    @AlwaysAsking
    Luka is great, as long as you won´t become romantically involved with him. Then he becomes a pain in the backside.
    I am going to make Orange join Nina´s cult of woohoo to help him find someone new to stalk, because I don´t see it ever working out between him and Fiametta.
    I need to reread your Strangerville story from the start, because I only remember bits and pieces of how it began. Your Malcolm Landgraab is the less awful version of him, right? He and J are among premades I have never given much thought about, but you make me want to track them down to see what they are like (funny thing is, I hardly ever see any of the basegame premades except the Goths and Nancy Landgraab around, so I really need to search for them)

@Becka28
    Killing a sim without cheats is not an easy job, it took me lots of planning to get it done. I gave up on voodoo before I tried every interraction, but the one that was supposed to make the target angry barely had an impact on Agnessa. Pufferfish ngiri is too tricky, I wouldn´t dare to let any of my sims eat it to learn the recipe, so it was a no from the start. You should give Nancy a lovely flower bouquet instead >:)
    Is there a specific reason why you want to kill Nancy Landgraab, or just her general nastiness? I don´t recall any of my sims except for Antoniette ever interracting with her, so I don´t have a strong opinion about her. She and Antoniette are both criminals, at one point, Antoniette tried to make friends with her co-workers and Nancy was actually the most tolerable one.

Antoniette´s and Alexandre´s big day:
    Even with a mod that allows to invite more guests, there was still a limit how big of a crowd my old computer could handle, which meant that I was forced to choose who to invite and who not. Antoniette invited her three nieces but not their kids or partners (Caleb was staying home with newborn twins, Amara was single and Antoniette had never met Arianne´s girlfriend. Her daughter Aelin´s husband Victor Feng skipped the wedding, because he dislikes Antoniette.) She had also decided early on that there were to be no toddlers, because long, formal events make them cranky. Total number of guests, including the newlyweds themselves, was still 19 :D
    Pm5h04A.png
    most guests made it to the church by the time the vows were halfway done
    eG1Jm8Q.png
    z1E9j8P.png
    75ag3jx.png
    Alexandre had baked three cakes to feed the guests BIx5iSE.png
    Kkp3kg0.png
    F6GMKvx.png
    (Adelaide was upset, possibly because she accidentally wore her wedding dress. It was her formal outfit number 3, but the game had to pick just that.)
    m4wlSZW.png
    JfFmQCj.png
    yJf2HQ6.png
    Alexandre with three of his sons and his eldest grandson. ae3jQZI.png
    Arianne and Aedion threw an impromptu concert zVnVAC9.png
    vFgTRi3.png
    Arianne fell asleep soon after, because she is not used to attending eventsv5VjMXm.png
    Antoniette used a chance to have a chat with Anastassia a2H30eC.png
    Antoniette: "Did you recieve my message?"
    Anastassia: "I did. And I think it is wrong for us to rely on Alexander. He is insane."
    Antoniette: "Do you have a better idea, then? Anger isn´t cutting it, and I am not comfortable with fire or starvation. I hate her, but not enough to desire to see her in pain."
    Anastassia: "I may have an idea. How do you feel about taking up a new hobby?"
    vdU4R5w.png
    mokrFgV.png

Next day, Aerion sUT55gh.png
    jG4rLmy.png
    and Aria ayJNmpC.png
    aged up.
    It was time for the family to move into their new mansion PrVgcsI.png
    uTWSWQ6.png
    80RE8bX.png
    pJsuIAE.png
    XrSl7zW.png
    4YhqVhV.png
    Antoniette plans to decorate a whole wall with the portraits with her family members. That´s what she has so far ghb9K03.png
    jynfRfz.png
    0CpLPTQ.png

Antoniette started to learn flower arrangement to be able to craft a special bouquet for her "beloved" sister, that would ensure her quick and painless death. 5CoBAp1.png
    qCHpYDa.png
    Not bad for a first attempt xfwp13E.png

Alexey and Andrey came over while she was fireproofing the fireplace vToxMj6.png
    Next thing I knew, Alexey randomly walked out and kissed Anastassia, who had came to check Antoniette´s progress. Umm, what? Bad Andrey and his influence AXAwDN3.png
    (Long, long time ago, Alexey and Anastassia dated for a week, before she dumped him for being boring. Alexey never got himself another girlfriend.)
    goalSJY.png
    c6Bv1T0.png
    iNfJ3nI.png
    pYRtqMl.png
    eFojwpG.png
    sEhVqMe.png
    Ye3FuFo.png
    08OE8gq.png
    PRxLO0t.png
    (they are addicted to woohooing in sauna, both get a whim to do it at least once a day. bed? don´t know her)

Time passed. Antoniette reached the top of criminal career. The money tree she had planted after wedding was now big enough to bear fruit aW5ZDvC.png
    Antoniette maxed the flower arrangement skill, which allowed her to start crafting with death flower. Time for a test run.
    x9ltiOt.png
    Antoniette: "There is something I would love you to have. I made it just for you."
    91sRSRM.png
    Agnessa: "What is happening to me?"
    Antoniette: "Oh, looks like you are an old lady now. How terrible."

Seeing that her first attempt had been a success, it was now time to move to the final stage of the plan. Next morning, when the children had left for school and Alexandre was busy with his latest painting, Antoniette quietly locked his studio´s door (Alexandre is good and family-oriented. Witnessing what was going to happen would´ve broken his hear) and called Amara and Anastassia, telling them that she was ready. With her nieces by her side, she picked up the voodoo doll to summon Agnessa lL7m1Nh.png
    SUmRJhQ.png
    Antoniette: "I feel so terrible about what happened last time, I should´ve been more careful. I really hope that this makes it up for you."
    Agnessa barely had time to get angry. Poison had made it´s work. x4EvIPF.png
    Anastassia: "This is it? I thought that I would feel more."
    KC0CUP6.png
    vwYVimK.png
    Noelle: "I really chose bad time to visit, didn´t I ?"
    zXWlAJx.png
    Amara and Anastassia: dancing on their mother´s grave.
    Antoniette: "One more thing." Releases Agnessa´s spirit to the netherworld. "Here. Now she can never hurt any of us again."
    Noelle: makes a mental note to never mess with her grandmother or aunts.
    Grim stayed for a while to chat with Amara, whom he seems to really like.
    Afterwards, Antoniette was forced to drug her children, because the game insisted on giving them sad moodlet over the death of an aunt they had never even met, which is just plain stupid. I wish mourning was limited to higher relationships, instead of being forced to mourn every random bypasser or a relative your sim had zero relationship withohpa1td.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2019
    @AlwaysAsking I loved hearing about your Simself and your Simhusband! The results of your experiment were also interesting. I have a young adult and a teen who used to flirt as teens before one of them aged up. Now they can only ask about each other's day.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @Tixyen, page 407.
    Thanks! I've had an amazing birthday!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @AlwaysAsking and @Becka28 Your Mounib conversation got my attention because that's Khaled's last name. I think it's a San Myshuno townie random name. Like Becka28's random Mounib townie, Khaled makes pretty children and all of his descendants are male. They don't have his last name though, like all of Athena's children they're Andreas.
    Thank you both for your comments on my silly photos also. I have quite fallen in love with both Lucas and Alexander in this save.

@AngeliqueAdelaide I enjoyed the murder in that last update. I'm not sure what that says about me. ;) Also, I have almost got the hang of which of your sims is which now! I will never memorize how they're all related but most of the time that doesn't interfere with appreciating your updates. Loving the drama!

@QueenofMyshuno I like young Amersham! I'm not usually a fan of sideburns on sims but it works with period settings. Also I just asked my husband what the word for sideburns was because I forgot and got a lecture on the history of the term. Apparently it's named after a Civil War officer named Burnside. I have to know that now, so you do too. :)

@simlish1 Super cute! I don't have IL yet but after looking at the premades I've been interested in Duane. He looks good in your updates!

@SiliClone So... you got behind like 3 days or so? lol. This thread fills up so fast!

@Rouenpucelle Both girls are very pretty! Hope Rowan is happy as a vampire.

@RedDestiny92 Wolfie does make a nice elder. Pity in my game he's a vampire and will never age up.

@Idmarko I have never been brave enough to take toddlers on vacation. Yours seem to have had an adorable time though!

@sarabeth2984 I love it when you add to Captain Eddie's story, from directions I hadn't expected. I look forward to seeing how things go with his children and grandchildren.

@O-meezy and @Steamvarius Yay for new babies! Talia and Dre are adorable and I look forward to seeing the new Furystryker.

@Morkovka I did not know tents could be struck by lightning! I already decided to disable thunderstorms when my sims were on vacation but now you've given me another reason to keep that rule. Also you take really pretty pictures of your sims.

@Tixyen So Sad! But I look forward to reading about how the family moves forward.

Everyone else- I am reading, please keep posting! Someday maybe I'll have the time and energy to stay caught up.
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Great updates all! I present to you another update with the Rosens.

Weekends are a great time for Cole and Gracelynn to hang out with their friends and classmates. Here, Cole is complaining to one of his best friends, Ethan, about the schoolwork.
    B9Q0XDf.png

After a while, they shared some good laughs
    ye15W31.png

Later, Cole and Gracelynn got word about the Spice Festival happening. They were excited to have fun there, but unfortunately, when they got to San Myshuno, there were thunderstorms.
    VY78IVt.png

Instead, they hung out in Windenburg. Gracelynn already knew Shawn from class, so she decided to have Cole meet him
    OFcgn3Z.png

The next Sim day, Kayden decided to use the weather machine to cool down the hot weather and of course, he succeeded.
    kbcI9rK.png

Orson shows off his neat outfit to Gracelynn
    InFeoVd.png

Cole showing Candy Behr photos. I did age down select premade townies into teens and created their parents and siblings and put them in this particular save. This is my version of Candy Behr as a teen.
    VALYT52.png

Gabriella, Jade Rosa's twin sister, stopped by to say hello
    iTXX9Kk.png

Cole's selfie with Candy
    WnkgvfO.png

Teen Paolo Rocca chatting with Cole about what happened in gym class.
    GShi5nv.png

Cole's selfie with Paolo Rocca. In the background, you can see teen Eva Capricciosa.
    pkjtJFD.png
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    After days, I finally managed to load up my game again... and when I left it was winterfest, so...
    9bU8Wt0.png
    2CA9nrs.png
    Clement Frost came to bring us joy!
    Zk9nVF0.png
    We made a party with the family...
    Nw1fbMA.png
    Cass had something to tell to her mother...
    TEn8N3G.png
    4w2Hbz8.png
    prkf1uX.png
    Clement Frost ate all our grand meal despite being a vampire...
    ZQE1kbH.png
    Caleb parents were feeling like plum the whole time because they kept drinking the plasma janes...
    A3jSPgm.png
    Caleb and Cass disappeared to woohoo in the middle of the party as usual..
    4p8hBPa.png
    and since no one wanted to talk with her, Lilith socialized with the cat.

I'm still trying to catch up with the thread.. I will not comment because it would be pointless after a week...
  • Paulmarch76Paulmarch76 Posts: 56 Member
    My vampire sim gave birth to 2 twin alien babies. I QUICKLY sent them back to their home planet.
    bWPpsV4.png
    MnLMqUr.png
    XqsRoks.png
    Grease is the word!
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Good gravy he looks like he is about to burst. You could rest a plate on that tummy :joy:

R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    @Daephene Take them, it's fun! Fix the lodgings up with toddler furniture & playthings beforehand, & they'll have a great time!

The family hung out at home for the next few days.

fiLIwPS.png

9wIrT3m.png

FFfqTTm.png

z71NFxZ.png

xsDA0e6.png

Pregnancy in a heatwave is no fun, but Kira found a way to keep cool.

SlcPmdw.png

Alvin & Killian are inseparable, they do everything together.

cmggvJg.png

itct65F.png

5c527gQ.png

And I do mean everything.

Gasa4jy.png

So where's the new sibling going to fit in? We're about to find out.

HtV3t2K.png

It's a girl, named Hallie.

wu8FBYc.png

nWRQdrb.png
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2019
    @AlwaysAsking , Heh, no, he was Boba Fett again :smiley: (And frankly I have used to it by now, and not sure will I delete them after all.)
    21-8-2019-3-38-31.jpg
    Here is my sim, Milla, legacy founder. (Or she will be eventually, I put that on hold and started doing some challenges in that save, those sims will end up as unplayables , MCCC with long aging will take care of them, eventually.)
    Anyhow, that Boba Fett wanted to talk with her about gardening.. she just was like "Okay.."
    21-8-2019-3-40-33.jpg
    And he continued , complaining about the teens in neighborhood.. Milla was again just nodding..
    21-8-2019-3-42-19.jpg
    After he poofed off ..
    Milla:"Okay.. no panic.. this is okay.. I had a new friend.. who likes to dress like in the movieseries, first part announced about 40 years ago.. fine.. also he is not alive.. no reason to panic! not at all.. all is calm..." *SCREAMS AND RUNS*

There is things in every sims game so far I have played, what I cannot understand.. two examples,
    First:
    In TS4, if my sim wants to say bye to the one who is visiting, and actyally make them leave, my sim has to ask them to leave. That is ok, just like in TS2, BUT the reaction of the one my sims say "bye bye" .. suprised me a big time :smiley: , pics are when my Milla came to visit my other sim, Noora , with who I wanted to do gardening challenge.
    19-8-2019-5-13-52.jpg
    Noora: "I am so sorry, Milla, but I am so tired, maybe come again tomorrow?"
    Milla: "WHAT? Me ? You want me to leave????"
    19-8-2019-5-14-10.jpg
    Noora: "No, it is simply that I am so tired, I have to sleep soon. Please come back tomorrow?"
    Milla:" OMG, You do not want to see ME at all!! OMGOMGOMG.
    Noora:"No! That was not what I ment at all...."
    19-8-2019-5-14-31.jpg
    Milla:" Fine, I will vanish for good then, I have never felt more hurt in my entire simlife!"
    Noora:"No.. I am so tired.."
    19-8-2019-5-15-24.jpg
    Noora: "Oh my... " *off to bed*

Second thing:

Like in TS2 , when your sim has a dream date, the sim they dated often will visit to leave a date present, like hot tub!! or DJ booth!! No matter how poor the sim is, somehow they still can affort these fancy date gifts. (looking at you Brandi Broke!!)

At TS4 , the items sims fish, keeps amazing me as much.. my sim was fishing at the far en fishing spot in the park of Oasis springs..
    5 violins in two days!! 5!!
    What is this place? Were there once famous String Quintet was performed and got frustrated and just threw the violins to water??
    If that is the case, in that neighborhood at Oasis Springs, where you can see golf course as backdrop, will I find putters if I fish in that lake? :D (frustrated golf players who like to throw their putters to the lake)
    21-8-2019-3-15-04.jpg
    21-8-2019-3-18-14.jpg
    "Weird.." says Noora.

Ps. My picturehost shrinked the pics, I forgot I had that thing on.. as in TS2 I use fraps and pics are the size of my screen and need to be a little smaller when posting, so I forgot that on :)
    ... and I have also disabled shadows, as those were too blue for my taste, and I do not know why, but it bugged me :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Hey y'all! Ok I promised I would catch up with everyone's stories! There are so many awesome ones!

@Rouenpucelle I love your sim Holly! How do you photography your sims with that background? That's pretty cool

@SimTrippy I love your take on tribal living in Sulani! Thats really cool!

@DarkAngel1994 I love Leilani and Laura's wedding! They will make a nice little family. Nice showcasing for family photos too!

@AngeliqueAdelaide I have learned to love the Romance Festival too! The Fengs are always funny but seeing them get divorced must have been something to see! Lily is usually coming up to yell at my sim couples for flirting in public. Poor Victor. I gave them a teen son named Miles in my gang so he at least has him to complain too.

Antoinette and Alexandre have a huge busy family!!
    Just got to the last post! Wow! I enjoyed reading about the murder!!!

@AlwaysAsking
    I am having so much fun playing Strangerville this go around. Its been a really slow progress because its like herding cats trying to keep them in track. I have like 6 adult sims living in one bedroom one bath house. I dunno what I was thinking lol! I have discovered the joy of cloning sims. Its been so much fun. So far both Bjorns have the same traits, habits, and clothing! They are like best friends now and everytime I load the household they are usually wearing the same set of clothes. Both Bjorns have a tendency to pass green gas in the bathroom after they use it, then wave it around. Anyone coming in starts complaining about the smell. Thats a new one for me. I'm starting to like my Bjorns. I am also really enjoying your Strangerville Story! Its so fleshed out!!

I do like realistic play myself too, especially with families. Its cool watching them influence their children's traits and behaviors. I am with you on sim deaths. I have a few ultimate favorite sims I play, come to think of it I think they are all vampires. Not because of the occult aspect but I give my favorites the sun resistant traits and they pretty much live forever. I play them as regular sims going to work and raising their kids. One of my favorite couples is Griffin's father and stepmother Harry and Maribel (Captain Eddie's brother and sister in law). I have them in every single save in one form or another. I play them as foster parents. The last save I had, they took in the Villareal kids after Jacque went crazy and decided to freeze himself to death. Max was extremely close to them by them time he hit his teens. I wound up removing the evil trait because I like him so much

I have been uploading the premades from Oasis Springs and Willow Creek as well as subsequent packs. I prefer populating my worlds with them rather than random game generated NPCs with their horrible personalities and outfits. I download them from the gallery. EA has been uploading them but https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Families_from_The_Sims_4 that link details all the premade families and families featured in game packs. They also include background information if you want to follow their storylines

I love your Romance Festival update! Your simself and husband are a cute couple, it sounds like you are a cute couple in real life too! :)

I am tempted to make my simself again. I'm not much fun but my dogs are lol.

@Daephene
    I love your photograph display!! Is that from the Moschino pack?
    Thank you about Captain Eddie! I played him earlier today. He has been a very dutiful father. He currently lives at Shipwreck cove with his two grandkids. However, when I was playing Nalani's household with the twins, he pretty much stayed in her house or outside swimming with the twins for 3 in-game days straight. He was talking with them nonstop. I may have to build a nice house at the Shipwreck so Nalani and her kids can move in. Nalani is in the conservation career so she can practically walk or swim ;) to work.

@Gordy I love Bjorn squared name! I am not sure what I'm going to do with Bjorn2 yet...
    Also Hana is an adorable toddler but she does look like a handful!

@Simslover163 Welcome to the thread! So far I like your Rosens!

@HopeyStarr Love your avatar! Looks like Ethan needs to obey his curfew!

@Becka28 Its the first time I have cloned a sim! So far I think they join the household. He has the same traits and clothing as the OG Bjorn. They do everything together. Its cute. The game gave him the name of DeShawn but I changed it to Bjorn2 Bjergsen. I tried it out with one of Griffin scientist coworkers. The clone joined Griffin's household and he had the same traits and appearance as the original sim. He was a jerk so I sent him to live with his "twin."
    Clovelly and Rhys had such a nice wedding. I love that wedding dress. Bondi looks amazing! And Bondi dying, noooo!!!

@Steamvarius
    I laughed at page 404 not found too lol!! I am with you, I am one of those "weirdos" who loves fruitcake too!! I love your photo display! Congratulations to Shine and Benjamin!
    Happy Birthday!!!!
    What did you think of the new Realm of Magic trailer?

@Morkovka Noah is a handsome young adult! That cake looks delicious too lol.
    Also, Alexander Goth and Vlad protesting for vampire rights :D That's too funny!!
    Muddy is an adorable dog by the way!!

@DeafSimmer I have been enjoying reading your story on Celestia! Its a really cool premise! I love the cliff hangers!

@ldmarko Your Prescott family is adorable! I can't wait to see what you have planned for them in the future!

@Tixyen That looked like a very emotional funeral!!

@O-meezy It looks like Zion and Avery had an amazing Winterfest. I love your screenshots!

@SiliClone I'm with you too! You take a break for a few days and then there's dozens of new stories! I miss your Cassandra and Caleb!!

@QueenofMyshuno Your Amersham was quite the hunk! I like him!!

• KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    @AlwaysAsking to be totally honest with you, re: the Sim automatically rotating their outfits, I did not realise we could set multiple outfits until long after Dine Out had come out, so I can't tell you if the outfit rotation happened reliably beforehand.

Well, I went to check on my insane vampire:
    07-28-19-2-24-42-PM.png
    Her name is Sarnai Nirun. She actually gets along with Count Vlad quite well, and Ukupanipo, interestingly. He was her first friend because he just kind of made a habit of crashing at her place. She's the one that established my vampire coven club, the Death Dealers. She's erratic, genius, and a music lover, and mostly spends a lot of her time painting if I'm not making her hibernate nonstop.

Anyway. I have a save of hers where she just sort of hibernates through life to see what the game comes up with for the townies. We just hibernated from one winter to another, and a lot of things have changed! These are all Maxis-made townies, if you don't recognise the name, they're probably from a pack you don't have. c:

Summer Holiday married Caleb Vatore, and they have a son Oliver. Oliver is not a vampire, and neither is Summer.
    Alice and Eric Lewis' parents both have passed on, Olivia is now a young adult, and they have a baby. Oh dear.
    Mortimer Goth has died, Alexander is a young adult, Cassandra is an adult.
    Bob and Eliza Pancakes now have a kid. Finally.
    Poor Travis Scott is by himself.
    Katrina Caliente died. Nina Caliente married Malcolm Landgraab, and they have a son. Nancy and Geoffrey also had another child, a daughter, and when Nancy died she was adopted by Malcolm.
    Johnny Zest married Catarina Lynx and took in all her cats, too. A few have died.
    Don Lothario married Dina Caliente, and they live in the old Munch house.
    The Fyres are just Morgan and her sister Britany who was born in the game.
    Paolo Rocca married Eva Capricciosa. They still live with a now-elder Marcus Flex.
    Candy and Yuki Behr have aged up but are basically the same.
    Jaques Villareal has died, Hugo married Jade Rosa, and Liberty Lee married Max. They have three kids in this household but I can't tell off-hand who is whose.
    Sergio Romeo is still unmarried. His roomie, Joaquin Le Chien, married Pierce Delgato.
    Bjorn and Clara Bjergsen have passed on, and Sofia and Elsa live with their little brother who was born in-game.
    Brant and Brent are still doing their thang, minus Rosie now. :c
    I think just the Heckings and the Delgatos live in Brindleton Bay anymore. Almost a ghost-town. Evie Delgato is also an adult now, and they seem to have another kid that was born in-game.
    Venessa Jeong married Lucas Munch.
    Gunther Munch married someone else and had a son, and moved to San Myshuno, but I don't remember who. It was surprising, I do remember that.
    Judith Ward married Wolfgang Munch, but apparently they were a thing before then because their first child has her surname, not his.
    (What a cougar.)
    Siobhan Fyres married Orange Bailey-Moon. That kid grew up to be built like a house, idk.
    Keala Hoapili is quite gone by now, and Lia Hauata married Duane Talla, and they have a son.
    The Roswells are gone and their house vacant.
    Kayla Flemming moved to the volcano house in Sulani, and married Akira Kibo, and they also have a kid.
    Zoe Patel married the Ngatas' son Tane.
    The boys from the Roomies house, one died I think and the other moved out and had families. Mitchell and uhh Gavin are the ones I can find.
    Alika and Mele Kahananui had three children, unfortunately Alika passed and Mele is an elder now raising two children and a toddler by herself.

It's always really interesting to see what the game's progression does on its own. lol Even if what it comes up with is weird as.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Quite a bit has happened since the last update, including some house-moving!

srpfiL1.jpg
    First up, showing off Rachel and Sayyid. I really think Rachel is my favorite of this generation.

sJoskPy.jpg
    Samira shows off her new island greeting..

In the big house, Samira made an equally big decision: to leave Nasira and Sayyid in charge of the family estate. Although still the head of the family, with those two well into adulthood it seemed an ideal time for Samira to return to her wandering roots. Sayyid charged into adulthood at full steam, patrolling the beaches by day for Sims in distress, and patrolling them at night for Mrs. Right.

T7DziCl.jpg

After a quick courtship, he chose Lilliana something-or-another. Turns out she was married, so he convinced her to divorce her beau, and then -- before she could change her mind -- he proposed to her and they exchanged vows, all in the bathroom with Mr. Toilet serving as witness and celebrant. Arisan, meanwhile, is on the cusp of adulthood.

xxpbftb.jpg
    Grim: And cancel Christmas!

In Rayyan's House....well! Tragedy struck when Sabrina's vampireness killed her. I'm not quite sure how still....she was inside when the game announced she'd had too much sun. Perhaps at work? Anyway, that left the alien girls, Rachel and Abigail, along with Sydney's out of time daughter Carina. Rachel was abducted, in the family tradition, and then...

XcHXUKS.jpg
    ...this happened. It turns out her other parents' people were from aqueous planet, and her recent abduction has reactivated her maritime genes! She's decided to move to Suliani to be closer to the water, but that meant abandoning Rayyan's home and demoting Abigail and Carina to NPC status.

HDkRqHT.jpg
    I don't know if this is a thing or just a glitch caused by her transforming into a mermaid while skinnydipping, but Rachel never put on clothes until she left the lot, leading to her just wandering around causing other sims to freak out. My favorite instance was when she got food, and the clerk immediately left, like "Nope, nope, nope"

BTkL8I8.jpg
    Not to fear, however, because Donovan (Amaar's son) has escaped (again) from the clutches of the vampire, Katharine. Not that this was easy! Their marriage had deteriorated into her constantly feeding on him, while playing nice for his relatives -- always asking, ever-so-politely, for a taste of their own blood. With a little help from Sayyid, they left her locked in the basement with no stairs, and Don -- his career stalled and life shortened by the struggle --- has purchased Rayyan's old home and made it his own.

2ygqfME.jpg
    Yay for a little Donovan happiness!

Amaara and Karen are still rockin' their careers in the desert. They'll be up next round!

Just to summarize:
    Main House: Nasira, Arisan, Sayyid, and Lilliana
    Rayyan's household: now consists of Rachel, with Samira crashing with her while she explores the beach
    Rayyan's house: now Donovan's house, where he lives alone except for his cooking
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Captain Eddie is enjoying having family around. He's got the twins this weekend.
    Eddie sets a curfew. Isla Straud, his teen granddaughter and a mermaid, isn't familiar with the island currents and spent one night out swimming until 3 am. She got severely chilled and was sick for days.
    8JnpQUK.png
    Eddie talks about school with his granddaughter
    z9LrJ1D.png
    Eddie and his grandchildren Markus Crow and Isla hang out for a moment before heading to the big island and town center. They were picking up the twins this evening
    NEu5PbC.png
    Markus (who is a young adult) and Eddie try out their vampire powers on each other
    CiAqzE2.png
    Markus is really enjoying his time out on the island. He just got back from an odd job collecting sea shells earlier that afternoon
    Eddie stops by Nalani's house to pick up his twins Dante and Selena. Nalani and Eddie had a brief fling years ago resulting in a set of twins. Nalani decided to raise them on her own, however once they hit their teen years, they developed both vampire and mermaid powers. She sought Captain Eddie out for help. Markus and Eddie had been mentoring them in learning to control their vampiric powers nightly.
    0pdlu22.png
    There was a beach bonfire being held that night so they troupe decide to stop and hang out for a bit
    g4stNau.png
    Dante shares some hilarious tweets with Isla. Yeah, it was kind of weird that he and his aunt were the same age! They still got along though
    P1zmgNY.png
    Dante tells Markus a funny story from school
    nRr7QBL.png
    Markus decides he's going to try a fire dance. He was killing it!!
    4BMvLDJ.png
    RB5zOVO.png
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @AlwaysAsking Your simself and husband (and children) are very sweet - I forgot that the clothes are given the "pink" versions at the romance festival (because It doesn't happen with my mods). I haven't seen the shiny shirt switch though. I think your simself looked lovely even if you aren't into ruffles. I have a pink beret just like that one in real life (in fuzzy mohair wool). It is nice that they act in a life like way for you - I have no one else I know in my game as I couldn't bear it if something happened to people I know and love. And my simself is so obsessed with Don which disappointed me in her.

I love that the woman in the no pants uniform had the fancy helmet on - I couldn't stop laughing - is she is terrified someone will try and kiss her? Perhaps she should try trousers. I do like the romance festival for married couples and my elders are so sweet when they go there together - I adore the story of how Lawrence and Ian met and I live in hope for something equally romantic in my game. Alana and Brock met at the flea market which is decidedly nonromantic. (Although come to think of it Alana and J met at the romance festival).

@Paulmarch76 that is certainly one huge pregnant sim - I thought he had swallowed a submarine!

@Ellupelluellu I must have rude sims who never say goodbye - I haven't seen that animation before (t was amusing when its not happening to your sim). I get annoyed sometimes that I fish out expensive items but can't catch actual fish - especially when I am trying to finish an aspiration.

@AngeliqueAdelaide NAncy Landgraab is my sims mother in law - she tried to stop my sim from marrying Malcolm, was rude and sulky through the wedding, often uses the divorce speech bubble to Malcolm in front of my sim and went to hold their baby and called it trash. There is many other reasons my sim wants her dead but those are the main ones. She doesn't want to lose Malcolm so she needs Nancy's death to look accidental - we nearly burned her to death but I forgot rich EA premades do have sprinklers (the smaller houses dont). Pity I dont have seasons - that death looked very useful.

Clovelly Part 3
    Clovelly was sad at losing her mother but tried to be a good mother to Dee Why.
    I2XOHLs.png?1
    BYrrmDY.png?1
    plJUVFd.png?1

Then, she had good news for Rhys – a new baby was on the way.
    viGYew9.png?1

And another promotion, with a fancy new work uniform. (Plus the slimify potion drastically changed how Clovelly looked - I wasn’t pleased that its effects were permananent.)
    qbQTXSE.png?1

Comparing baby bumps with sister Coogee.
    a5IQt0w.png?1

And ghost Bondi was excited to hear about a new grandchild.
    GouhTyR.png?1

Welcome baby Darlinghurst – a little girl. (She was less fussy and cried less than DeeWhy who did eventually smile as a toddler and a young boy.)
    saL2hK0.png?1
    6ghYHQT.png?1

Hayley does at least 30% of the childcare – I like having a housemate.
    tJF9Vso.png?1
    Finally, Clovelly got an invitation to the Romance festival (can’t travel there unless invited) – letting her harvest the high yielding plants (it had been hard earning money) – my grafted plant ironically yielded 1 measely dragonfruit on the day of this invitation, I hate how they made grafting useless in the patch for seasons. I grafted it as soon as grafting was possible.
    Coogee, Camden, Cabarita and Bondi were all there.
    m5EK37y.png?1
    DyQEvB2.png?1

This young woman goosed Clovelly 3 times (the only problem with the passionate romance mod. The goosers go wild at the romance festival).
    ojHsIqE.png?1

Clovelly remembered that she was a rocket scientist and used her brains (and simray) to solve the problem. I like this science career business. 😊
    gX3f0u7.png?1

Rhys preferred Karaoke to the festival.
    YQhqZsB.png?1

Before long, Dee Why aged up.

VFZaicf.png?1
    nsGyMdv.png?1
    2mf6Z4e.png?1
    Stefan remained a useful ghost. Clovelly was planting what she got at the romance festival and he followed her down the line watering her new plants.
    c9nDGLi.png?1

Hayley is an evil sim who is actually in the criminal career (the things you learn after the fact if you don’t use get to know enough) but otherwise has really nice traits including childish. She and the children get on magnificently.
    FuROVge.png?1

Rhys can be a bit dreamy (ie. blank stare just standing there) but is usually a good husband and Dad. He has also autonomously earned 3 science career promotions.
    Ky4eqQT.png?1

Clovelly decided to go with a black and white party on the day she and Darlinghurst aged up.
    cYa9nId.png?1
    lYD8S3B.png?1

As always parties are very hectic – I heard the alien abduction sound and focused outside – they were returning Rhys not kidnapping him – I had missed it all. There better not be a pregnancy (actually if I really cared I would have put up the satellite like @Alwaysasking told me to).
    cYXNSre.png?1

Now its time to wait and watch for signs of glowing and a pregnancy belly / moodlets.
    KUWmXu5.png
    @sarabeth2984 Thank you! Holly appreciates the compliment. :)

I downloaded a mod that changes the background for when you edit your Sims in CAS. I took their photographs in CAS. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the mod or the creator. I tried hunting through my mods folder but couldn't find it.

@Daephene Thank you very much! Unfortunately, Rowan's rebellious streak did not mix well with vampirism. She ate mermaidic kelp the same day that she became a vampire and really messed things up for her and her family. Holly talked her parents into sending Rowan to stay with Holly for a few days, and Holly gave Rowan little choice about taking the vampiric cure. Rowan drank it and became full mermaid. But Rowan learned so much from her mistakes that she aged up tonight into a young adult. :)
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Finally it was time for Kalani to age up.

BJp8crd.png

U3UoX1w.png

And Halia grew into a toddler.

ZonVjtD.png
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Daephene
    I enjoyed murdering Agnessa too, and she was the first sim I made and played. It would´ve been easier to delete her, but it would´ve messed up the family three, so she had to go.
    If they are blond, they are likely related, but not always :D That´s why I am making Antoniette create the photo gallery - to keep track of who´s who. She has way too many kids and grandkids - some of them older than her younger kids - to remember everyone, and this is without including her nieces and their offspring.

@sarabeth2984
    In my game, Lily has actually been much nicer since the divorce. She even remained friends with Victor and attended to his wedding with Aelin. She keeps refusing to visit him, though, because she can´t stand his four little monsters (aka kids).
    Alexandre´s and Antoniette´s household is very fun to play, but it is exhausting to keep an eye on everyone to make sure that they eat, sleep and do their homework. That´s what I get for letting them to have so many kids :D

@Becka28
    Wow, your Nancy is indeed a plum. Do you have spa day? When she is at sauna, someone can "accidentally" drop a book or something in front of the door, making it impossible for her to get out. Seasons are great when it comes to providing deaths - overheating, freezing, being striken by lighting, death flower bouquet... I spend some time reserarching different death causes on my quest to murder Agnessa :D
    I love your drifter legacy story and how the population changes over time. I can´t ever turn on aging because I can´t handle seeing my beloved sims age and die, so I don´t really see time pass for anyone but my sims kids. Everyone else stops aging after reaching young adult stage (well, everyone except for Alexandre and Antoniette, who aged into adults at one point before Aedion was born, but they are technically both still much older than they look. Antoniette was a child when Gunther Goth (Cassandra´s and Alexander´s long-dead grandfather) was a teenage (I can´t wait for the Realm of Magic to arrive, because as much as I enjoy my grown-up Antoniette, I really want to play out how she came to be).

I played the Bailey-Moon household for a change:
    Thorne put some serious work into honing his singing skill. If he wants to continue playing guitar and singing in public, then he needs to learn to do it in a way that isn´t a crime against humanity.
    Octavia overcame her drinking problem (juice enthusiast quirk) and is now a much happier person, who keeps kissing her husband and hugging her son several times a day. She got pregnant and is expecting twins.
    Since Orange had never really enjoyed the fame, he chose to quit the spotlight. Being in the public eye had wrecked his nerves and ultimately both his relationships, he refuses to go on like this any longer. He wants to be his own person, he is going to move out and start a career as a detective.
    Orange completely changed his style to avoid being recognized in public XG0r6A6.png
    7B0RnM5.png
    Post edited by AngeliqueAdelaide on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top