Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Simpkin
    Ok, see ... this is part of why I've been afraid to get Seasons. Plus, I play with aging off, so how does the game decide when to change the seasons? The only timed thing that happens without me doing it is babies being born. They are born whether I'm playing that house or not.

If you seriously have to wait for Spring and Summer to plant build mode trees and flowers and things? Hmmmm. I'm not sure I'm up for that. And what about all the plants that you can grow and then sell their fruits etc? Do they stop producing produce during the winter?
    @AlwaysAsking

No, seasons is great. If you live in the desert lol. I'm not really into gloomy, cold climate as this is what I have in real life. I like it when it's sunny a lot. I guess if you don't have seasons it's always sunny. And the seasons do not depend on your sims aging, they depend on weekdays. They start on the first day of the week.

And I opened a thread about the building thing, it's in my signature. It does get in the way as the plants change colour/state during other seasons. As for the harvestables, there's different plants in season during different seasons. I'm trying to have harvestable flowers around my house too so I gotta swap them, depending on seasons. I don't mind that but I'd like the other build/buy plants to be in full bloom when in build mode, at all times.

Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    @Simpkin
    Simpkin wrote: »
    No, seasons is great. If you live in the desert lol. I'm not really into gloomy, cold climate as this is what I have in real life. I like it when it's sunny a lot. I guess if you don't have seasons it's always sunny. And the seasons do not depend on your sims aging, they depend on weekdays. They start on the first day of the week.

And I opened a thread about the building thing, it's in my signature. It does get in the way as the plants change colour/state during other seasons. As for the harvestables, there's different plants in season during different seasons. I'm trying to have harvestable flowers around my house too so I gotta swap them, depending on seasons. I don't mind that but I'd like the other build/buy plants to be in full bloom when in build mode, at all times.

Lol, yeah, I have the cold dreary yuck here too. I still can't plant outside, we had another frost 2 nights ago, *sigh*

But hey! Super cool! I will check out that thread! Thank you. It's after 4 am here now, so I'm gonna post a few pictures and go to sleep for a while. I'll read your thread tomorrow :smiley:
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
    edited May 2019
    Just some pictures of the Jang’s tonight.

I ended up moving them to the apartment next door to their old one, in the same building, you know?

Anyway, the makeover took Forever!

I didn’t make it to their house in time to name the baby, but the game named him Nelson, and I’m good with that. Like Nelson Mandela?

Jasper comes over to visit a little while later, he’s the one who painted all of the pictures, and Laney, his girlfriend, took the photos.

R1q80b5.png

FyaUxUR.png

asYQWbN.png

aXPobzJ.png

Billie seems to like him

VXZ8shu.png

1cWUbsm.png

In a spoiler to save room!
    I kept their rooms as close as possible to their other place

35UEAZZ.png

1T7IySK.png

Baako gets a little frisky

C5zYhjb.png

Billie comes walking in

cAz0zoU.png

He gets a bit more frisky

X98WBoa.png

Billie leaves, lol

k90nk0Z.png

Checking out a painting by Jasper

sAZLJo1.png

A nice little kiss

upAAI0Q.png

Guests arrive

8Dlxneq.png

UmniQUa.png

9mLfKv1.png

Geoffrey likes babies, clearly

jaXvmLj.png

Until the smell hits him, lol

JU9TO0D.png

Showing off Nelson

dR2zHrH.png

J2mCEeq.png

Eating some snacks

Da9vBhq.png

qdz1Ygw.png

Here’s the Master painter himself! Jasper! In the black t shirt

7sGyuN6.png

Big view of new living room

97O0Yl2.png

Kitchen, bedroom, bathroom area

qEjKHO2.png

The current bedrooms, I haven’t finished Nelson’s yet

CG43010.png
    Post edited by AlwaysAsking on
    SqxdF0m.png

• GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    Got married and went on vacation. They took the cat who keeps jumping on counters. When scolded to stop, does it more? So much for training. The wedding was a success.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,849 Member
    @AlwaysAsking some sims are just like that when they want to be, I don't know I think it's good like it's a different sort of soften as in he knew he could rely on him and that effects the strength of his presence. At least the fight is buried and not gone forever right :smile: one should always be glad for what they can do to build up pride for the future mmhmm I got it. I'm all about babies okay sometimes I am, as many babies as I have sometimes it's funny how few sims get to keep their family going. Ha oh yet Cat's...cats take some getting used to, I haven't always had mccc to bring babies to the premades so I tend to like it either way.

Also I know you weren't asking me but then a small green house is nice for sims so the weather isn't much of an issue, yes you have to build them but I like them. You never know if you do get seasons it might grow on you faster than you'd think. I kind of like the Jangs, the only time I've really played them Baako cheated on his wife with someone I don't remember who but the babies were dropped off at his house. Now Anaya was cheating on him with Salim which he didn't know so she said she'd only forgive him if she could move the twins Salim ended up raising them to please her.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @AlwaysAsking love the Jangs place so colourful and happy - just like the family.

@Simpkin thanks for the info on seasons. It seems to have so much wonderful stuff in it but I really don't want the weather. I will probably break eventually and get it.

@Beardedgeek you encouraged me to put get famous back in my game -it seems so much better than when I first got it. The world doesn't stop when a celeb walks in now. It is actually playable for my non fame sims. I love thorne bailey falling on his face in your waterslide. You inspired me to create a new save and sim.

Unfortunately Aiden is lazy and has poor morals.

gASLfAc.png?1

Within 5 minutes of playing him, he walked past 3 toilets and went outside and peed in a bush.

d6KYMpg.png?1

I knew he was going to be fun to play. He is a kleptomaniac and spends his days visiting museums and stealing things, sometimes going to work or hanging out with the papparazzi, discussing the joys of stealing and trying for babies with the female ones. He is not sure what he will be famous for but wants to marry Holly Alto.

His face when Thorne Bailey turned up - I liked him so much for this expression. He is no respecter of celebrity.

YXpwSx5.png?1

It is a rotational save. I have a young woman Mckenzie trying out the police career. Unfortunately it is laggy and annoying and what looks like it could be great is very frustrating.

0zU1L4C.png?1

Because it is so hard to do stuff, she is consequently not a very good officer and arrests the wrong people a lot. But the chief of police is a very hot sim and her new career plan is to romance the boss. He seems to be on board and responded well to her subtle flirt.

dOxq9il.png?1

and the not so subtle NSFW jokes and flirting.

l7JqwyV.png?1

Her brother Lawson (red hair - who so far is the only nice person in this rotation) is in love with their neighbour Colin (with the dark hair). However, Colin keeps calling his sister and asking her out even when on a date with Lawson.

HGs2KeH.png?1
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    cont ....

@Beardedgeek Wow! I didn’t know people have trouble telling the emotions, I certainly don’t! That water slide looks so cool. I keep forgetting what pack it’s in. Is that just some random dude who did the belly burn? I don’t recognize him. And lol at the neighbor’s underwear. :smiley:

That's whatshisname, the celebrity living next door up in the hills. The slide is from the garden party stuff, the same as the bird feeder and a few other things.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2019
    Amelia decided to have a definitive talk to his boyfriend. She had enough of this distant relantionship. Having raised their son alone, only meeting once in a while... They ended breaking up.
    LvuqS6y.jpg

d8XxDy8.jpg

Amelia told Sergio that she broke up with his father. It was a surprise to him, but how he undestands his mother! He was the biggest victim of his father's lifetime absence.
    YBk03p4.jpg

9iRsx2w.jpg

Amelia thought that somehow she and Jeronimo could be together, even knowing that he was commited and never assumed anything more than a beautiful friendship with her. Well, that was what it was. A beautiful frienship and nothing more.
    6JPSfjs.png

VSKBVAa.png

Will that frienship survive to all Amelia frustrated attempts? Only time will tell.
    mUpWgMK.jpg

For some days, life just seemed meaningless.
    JMZUgUS.png

Meanwhile Sergio met a new friend at school. He has been spending a lot of time with Mariko. She's fun and adventurous, just like him.
    UY74Bi0.jpg

Things seem to be much more promising to Sergio than to Amelia. He surprised Mariko and it looks like their feelings are mutual.
    Nyvbtf5.png

YvdzcX9.png

to be continued
    (you can keep up with this story here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/959148/my-legacy#latest)

Post edited by texxx78 on
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    @Everyone

Love seeing all your stories and new stories progressing!~ Giving out all my love in awesomes and this comment since I am under-the-weather lately. May scrap a little something together to post though not much~ -achoo & ^.^-
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    One of my sims encountered a game-generated cat named Mr Business!

Thought that was unusual.
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Simpkin
    Ok, see ... this is part of why I've been afraid to get Seasons. Plus, I play with aging off, so how does the game decide when to change the seasons? The only timed thing that happens without me doing it is babies being born. They are born whether I'm playing that house or not.

If you seriously have to wait for Spring and Summer to plant build mode trees and flowers and things? Hmmmm. I'm not sure I'm up for that. And what about all the plants that you can grow and then sell their fruits etc? Do they stop producing produce during the winter?
    @AlwaysAsking

Odd... I have horrible weather (last winter we were snowed in half the height of my house) but I love the things you can do with winter! Soooo easy to kill sims for stories now!
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    @Simpkin

@AlwaysAsking

Odd... I have horrible weather (last winter we were snowed in half the height of my house) but I love the things you can do with winter! Soooo easy to kill sims for stories now!

I literally hate everything about winter in real life. I live in a northern country so winter sports and other activities are very popular but I hate all of it. The cold, the snow, the ice, the darkness. 75% of our population is vitamin D deficient cause we have almost no sun for 6 months and then another three it's mostly dimness. It really depresses you. So the winter itself makes me feel negative towards it lol

But as for the game, I sent my family to Granite Falls, to the camp ground. I freaked out when I saw no tents. I thought my game is messed up. Was ready to send them back home but then googled about it and read you can buy tents. Phew!
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,418 Member
    @AlwaysAsking Awww! So cute that Brant and Brent a baby! It does appear that man was staring at Lawrence at the museum. If it happened to my sim, I'd think somethings probably wrong with them. Nice to see, Ian let Lawrence on his own in the museum, yet he stayed close. Seems like something I would do with my brother, when I get nervous around others. Nice to have someone nearby. That sim staring at him though! Maybe Lawrence should try doing some yoga with the wellness skill. He could learn to relax and become calm, so in case he's in a social problem he can relax himself.
    It's been while, Scarlet was called by her brother Mathias, saying there was someone he wanted her to meet. She was reluctant but when she went, she met her nephew, Adrian.k2Y64yv.jpg Mathias told her, Adrian was born a while back but he lived mostly with his mother, and he recently bought a home so that they can move in together.HsVkUTT.jpgScarlet couldn't help but play with Adrian60LiF8t.jpgTspWIQe.jpgThe next morning before work, Mathias texted Scarlet asking if she could watch over Adrian, he wanted to spend the evening with his girlfriend, Scarlet couldn't say no.JN6Ivkz.jpgShe moved the furniture in her living room so Adrian could play with her old stuffed bear.kkyWxNw.jpgHxcVUQY.jpg4XSZBkX.jpgShe even cooked him some foodwzta3dt.jpgHe seemed to enjoy it,and that made her happy. B7OrOo1.jpg
    Scarlet however heard a knock at the door and it was Barry, as soon as he walked in, he saw Adrian, and was not pleased.OIe130E.jpg"Whose kid is that?!" Barry asked. "That's my nephew, Adrian, isn't he cute?"asked Scarlet, "Cute?, kids aren't cute, they're noisy, and messy and a nuisance", Barry added.XWopJ8f.jpg
    "Adrian, isn't!, besides, he's still young, he can't help it if he's a little loud" Scarlet defended Adrian."Fine, I only came by to drop off my address for when you come by this Friday night." After he gave her the address he left in a bad moodquIfGJc.jpgScarlet had also gotten into a bad mood but was happy to spend some more time with Adrian.9U4T4Vf.jpgAfter a couple of hours she took Adrian back home30fsnrF.jpgScarlet told Mathias about what happened when Barry came by.gPf6W3p.jpgMathias tried to help her "Maybe, he just said that in the moment, maybe he'll come around the idea of possibly having his own kids. Why not talk to him about that soon, before you guys do anything" Scarlet had decided she would speak with him but couldn't find time. Her business was slowing down, and she was spending more rather then earning more. She wasn't getting customers and was busy focusing on how to fix that.VMLjCHK.jpgBy the time Friday night came, she was to tired and completely forgot she agreed to help Barry, instead she went to took a nap.hVmCuQd.jpg
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    As much as it is painful, Amelia and Sergio have now to deal with Soneca's death. Soneca has been in the family since Sergio was a toddler and was now too old. Their house looks empty without him.
    BFtbbcn.png

vIoXOlW.png

qCV38eF.jpg

Mariko came by the house to help Sergio cope with his loss. She has been wonderfull to him, making he smile. They both can't avoid the chemistry between them.
    nyvb9oa.png

U8YP6mh.png

cA8TCc0.png

With Amelia's son already involved with a girl and her ex boyfriend dismissed, having put away her best friend with all those seductive games wasn't a clever move. Now Amelia's only way to deal with her sadness is to turn herself more and more into her garden. Her plants convey the kind of inner happiness that she needs now.
    XswKdv8.jpg

Mariko invited Sergio to dine out at the local restaurant. She was expecting a romantic date but ended up eating alone as Sergio met his father's roommates at the restaurant and spent all the evening chatting with them.
    vPGUN2C.png

Qq8xtMu.png

2FjuUW1.png

When they arrived at home Sergio found his mother stressing a lot because he left the house in a complete mess. Mariko was already angry and standed by Amelia. Sergio is looking more and more like his father, someone that doesn't back his mother up with the domestic chores and moreover that leaves her bearing her pain alone. How will it be if they decide to move on to a more stable relationship?
    waKixOR.png

erAGURT.png

GsPmiHR.png

to be continued (you can keep up with this story here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/959148/my-legacy#latest)
  • WonderstruckkWonderstruckk Posts: 195 Member
    My Sim, Aurora, is married to Don Lothario. In the beginning, Don was great and very persuasive and accepted Aurora's proposal to be her boyfriend, they then moved in fast. Aurora hates kids, never wanted them and just wanted to focus on her career as a writer but she got pregnant after a risky woohoo and she and Don eloped.

Fast forward, they now have 3 daughters and Don constantly feels trapped in his marriage but stays because Aurora is madly in love with him and he's a fantastic father very involved with his children. Despite hating kids, Aurora keeps popping them out (currently pregnant with baby #4) because she knows her husband is bored but having more children will make sure he stays around. Meanwhile, Don is actively cheating on Aurora with Bella Goth, who just happens to be her best friend.
    anigif_enhanced-25237-1426197588-11_preview.gif
    Made my Pokemon World legacy founder get Thorne Bailey to fall in love with her, divorce Octavia, have a child and accidentally get the child taken away by CPS (What happened was I was using the cheats where you press XO on a sim but I did it on a baby. There was an option with nothing on it and I clicked it and the baby was gone :#.)
    @Simpkin

@AlwaysAsking

I literally hate everything about winter in real life. I live in a northern country so winter sports and other activities are very popular but I hate all of it. The cold, the snow, the ice, the darkness. 75% of our population is vitamin D deficient cause we have almost no sun for 6 months and then another three it's mostly dimness. It really depresses you. So the winter itself makes me feel negative towards it lol

But as for the game, I sent my family to Granite Falls, to the camp ground. I freaked out when I saw no tents. I thought my game is messed up. Was ready to send them back home but then googled about it and read you can buy tents. Phew!

I am from a Northern country as well. Canada to be exact. The snow reminds me of life I guess. But I still love having my sims living in Del Sol Valley
  • SweaterBoyySweaterBoyy Posts: 1 New Member
    my sims queue filled up with "pet dog." and kept petting the dog for the whole day. im a bit confused
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Made my Pokemon World legacy founder get Thorne Bailey to fall in love with her, divorce Octavia, have a child and accidentally get the child taken away by CPS (What happened was I was using the cheats where you press XO on a sim but I did it on a baby. There was an option with nothing on it and I clicked it and the baby was gone :#.)

@queenvortex808 I wonder how many people have done this? I know I have. It's like that blank bubble is too tempting and we feel compelled to see what it does.

@Becka28 I had a lot of trouble with the detective career because the clues would describe their regular clothes and then they'd be in hot or cold weather outfits when I got to the lot. I learned to just go back to the station and put out another APB, and arrest the sim who appeared both times.

@AlwaysAsking Clubs start out with a limit of 6 members and you can add a 7th and 8th with club perks. Pierce is taking the cat so his parents can move into the retirement village, because I keep that household too full to allow pets. Hopefully they get more days than Baako and Anaya got! That couch is really one big sectional booth from Dine Out. I figure they can have movie or sports parties that way.

@Thunderbat87 & @RedDestiny92 Thank you!

I have to admit you guys complimenting the retirement community makes me feel kind of guilty that I really created it as a way to kill off the sims that I have been aging up without playing. They can't go anywhere from elder unless I play them, so I just started this household to let them end their lives. But at least I'm letting them enjoy it.
    edited May 2019
    @Muddy_Rainboots I can't stand it when the Sims catch on fire and die. I always exit my game without saving 😔

@Gorgeoious LOL, I'm glad the wedding was a success, because it doesn't sound like the cat training was 😅

@RedDestiny92 I'm glad you knew what I meant about Lawrence building up his pride so that he can get the fight back in him. I mean, it's nice to know that someone always has your back, but the reality is sometimes you have to take care of yourself.

That's a good idea about the greenhouses, do you have to make them in a certain way to make them work? I know that a greenhouse that was in a gallery laboratory (to replace the boring Maxis one) didn't work. But I never found out why.

And I had to laugh at your story about the Jangs. What a mess, and then Salim ends up with some random person's twins. Too funny.

@Becka28
    Thank you very much, it was fun to make the new place look just like the old one as much as possible and their place was very colorful and happy.

I absolutely love Aiden. what traits do you pick for him to make him have poor morals? I can't figure out who but his expression when Thorne Bailey turned up reminds me so much of some movie! I wish I could remember what it is, but that's a great expression.

Does that actually work to have an affair with the boss when you're bad at your job? Lol

And yeah, I have stopped ever trying to arrest somebody without having all six clues, because they will purposely put someone in that is so close to what you're looking for that you could easily arrest the wrong person.

And I feel sorry for Lawson, I think he should probably find somebody else to have a crush on.

@Beardedgeek yeah I saw that that was Thorne Bailey in Becka's post. He seems to be quite an interesting character lol. Okay thanks for letting me know that that's the garden party pack, I'm having such a hard time trying to decide what to buy next it's good to know where the different things come from.

@telmarina Amelia really had a hard time in this last couple of updates. I sure don't want Sergio to end up acting like his father does. But it seems like he might. And then their dog had to go and die too, that's so sad.

@Tixyen I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. I hope you're getting better

@calaprfy A cat named Mr. Business is quite hysterical LOL

@Simpkin I guess I won't complain about the terrible weather we have for 6 months or so, it sounds like yours is much worse. I do feel sorry for people who live where the sun isn't out very much. I have heard many times that countries like that have real problems with depression in the population 😌

@CrystalAbyss1 Does that actually work, but he could become relaxed and calm from doing yoga? Because I don't have that pack.

And I was very sorry to find out what Barry's bad trait turned out to be. It's so difficult to get along with the Sims that hate kids. Although the one that I had in my game hated kids until he had his own. Then he was absolutely wonderful with his own son. But when his wife was pregnant he wouldn't even touch her belly cuz he hates kids so much LOL. Her little nephew is just so cute too!!

I'm not sure if the kids thing is going to matter anymore anyway, after she fell asleep instead of helping him. 😔

@Wonderstruckk I've been hearing the funniest stories about Don Lothario lately. Your's is really good. It's so funny that he's such a good father and he'll actually stick around because his kids are there. But the fact that he's cheating on her with Bella Goth and Bella happens to be her best friend is the icing on the cake. What a guy 🙄 lol

@SweaterBoyy That sounds super annoying to me. Could you not just cancel it? I would try exiting the guy's house for a while, and play some other Sim for a minute, then go back and see if he's better.

@Daephene Oh! So where is Pierce living now? And what will happen to their big house after they move to the retirement village? And I agree, I hope they do get more days then Baako and Anaya did!

I kind of figured the club limit would be 8, that's too bad, it would be nice to at least have 10.

I hope I didn't miss anybody, I will check again tomorrow before I post any pictures. But, boy oh boy, I have a ton of pictures 😅

Post edited by AlwaysAsking on
    SqxdF0m.png

@AlwaysAsking Now you mention it I feel it is an expression I have seen somewhere but I am not sure from what show/movie. He cracked me up because Thorne is quite disliked here on the forum and it was as if he knew that there was a lot of fuss about nothing. His traits are kleptomaniac, self assured and romantic - he has the writer aspiration but he is just awful and the more I make him make poor choices the worse he gets. He went to a restaurant and there was a queue at the sign in desk. I clicked to sign in and he just walked in front of everyone and pushed in (my other sims always queue). Judith Light was at the front of the queue and she is a major celebrity - he couldn't care less. His housemate is an alien - who walks around undisguised. He was so self absorbed it took the entire weeks rotation to notice the alien was an alien and then he was the only person that was rude and upset about it (the alien is also rather sweet so I was upset).

My biggest proof that he is awful is that Nancy Landgraab is really into him and flirts with him all the time - even in front of Geoffrey. He is gaining some fame points by woohooing and trying for babies in bushes so I think he will try this on NAncy - just as good a revenge as killing her in my mind, even if it is the wrong save, - making her conceive a good for nothings baby in a bush.
    @CrystalAbyss1 oh no does Barry have the Hates children trait. I know you warned us but I am sooo sad because he seemed so great....
    @AlwaysAsking , it allows sims to meditate and that can put them in good moods. Though if you don’t have the pack, Lawrence can practice with other sims, he can see how his friends and Ian act and try it for himself. It’s always easy when watching how others act, it’s helped me ;) it’s so sweet that Ian wants to help though.
    @Becka28 😅I know! People always seem to have another side to them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top