The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,079 Member
    @Metior_Ice Thank you. I had (in RL) a teenager in my house for about nine years. As soon as one was out (married at 18), the next one was 16, until finally even the baby was a teen. Nine years without a break. LOL Glad to realize I was simply doing research all of those years. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @Caerfinon Yes, win or lose it is truly an honor to be nominated. Been there, done that once upon a time. High School.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,258 Member
    edited April 9
    @Caerfinon
    Let me guess, there was bacon on that sandwich? Oh Jon, you should know better.😜 I will be gifting Jacwear to all my sims😃

@luciusstorm 🫂😘 for Aadi!😊 Their support means so much😃

@Ellupelluellu Nothing better than home cooking. Even if it’s a food stall.😃

@RedDestiny92 Malcolm and Yasmine look like a great couple😊

@LeucosiaX
    I adore that pink cowboy hat Venus is wearing. She rocks it!💖 The holiday barbecue looked like fun and so does the Equestrian Club. Congrats to Venus for the Accolades! She earned that💖💖

I’ll have more comments later.😃 I’m hoping to finish up the next Schemes tonight or tomorrow. And thank you again for all the kindness❤️ They picked me up on a dark day. I am forever grateful😊❤️
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    replies
    @Ellupelluellu oh nice, you get a sheep, you get a sheep, you get a sheep everybody gets a sheep! ha
    @GalacticGal :), honestly it is kind of funny how well he fits I have had many ideas on how things would go for them but they match where it counts. <3 every time I hear about a laundry fire it reminds me of one I put out but it glitched and took my sim she was waiting for her husband to get home talk about a fourth child. Yet I always have a laundry space anyways.
    @DaniRose2143 any time dear I just hope you know I don't give empty words freely and I really do care that you didn't just leave. :smile: don't let your mind tell you anything different. I'm happy it mattered, and I hope that is a good reminder I know how much you can feel buried and everything loses it's shine, so to speak, so I get it.

I really adore them, didn't think I would but that's how it goes.
    @BlueSeaWaves no kidding, but they were just enjoying the moment then I realized how late it was lol 5 am or earlier if you can manage I imagine hehe, I love them, a nice kind of break from some of my problem families in the game. I just love the horses, even when they are being moody you know you're besties!

I didn't do too much.
    H6v96t2h.png
    I was popping in to check on my girls to make sure they weren't damaged by the removal of the mod and since it was fine I'll play them more, anyhow I use this bookshelf all the time and only just now noticed some of the sections are made of glass. I love the little things.
    9kCCB9oh.png
    I got Leah to work and remembered I forgot to have Danny do his first gig so I have to check on him too.
    eVj310wh.png
    Here is a better pic of them together <3
    kjughPTh.png
    Moving on, headed to the Landgraab's and I was planning on aging up Branson anyways cause adopted, but it was actually Ricky's birthday got here just in time. It doesn't bother me if I miss the birthdays when I have a big rotation, I like to check households and see them moving on it's rare I'm here is all by chance.
    WuBMvExh.png
    They are both adorable.
    7VIniI1h.png
    Even when being silly, when I loaded up they hugged as toddlers one more time before I teleported them downstairs.
    pC9WGGih.png
    She's proud of her boys but Nancy is thinking she could use one daughter.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    edited April 9
    When Trophies Fly, a NEW Erik Cantrell Save

Saturday dawned bright and early, the sun streaming through his bedroom windows. Erik pulled out of bed. Today, he was going to help Shadowfax win yet another award. The horse, his best friend, had shown great prowess in competitions. He was quite a Champion. Erik stepped out into his backyard and enjoyed the slight warmth of the day. Finally.

He took the time to curry his stallion and clean his hooves. Then he took the saddle, from the tac room and made certain to cinch the sraps just right. “Are you ready?” he asked the horse, receiving a whinny in response. “Okay, let’s do this.”
    EAoMIIt.jpg
    Erik used to worry any time Shadowfax pawed the ground before he took off on a run. Most of the time it meant he was apprehensive and would draw to an abrupt halt just in front of the jumps. Many a time Erik had to hold on for dear life, using his thigh muscles and his knees to keep from flying off of the horse. However, now, it merely was a sign the horse was anxious to fly over the barrier.

“Geeyah,” Erik called out. Off the horse went, sailing over the advanced high jumps like it was merely six inches from the ground.
    5olKLfK.jpg
    TLgWg02.jpg

Not long after just a few rounds, the two headed down to the Hay Now, Arena, Erik registered his animal for the Intermediate Show Jumping contest and the two had at it. An hour later they emerged, winners. Gold medal 1st Place in his division. Erik smiled all the way home.

Arriving back home again, the bevy of Paparazzi quickly swarmed around him.

“Erik, what’s your feelings on being nominated for your forty-eighth Best Song?”
    “Erik, can you give me an exclusive interview?”
    kHpRoRY.jpg
    “I’m excited, as you might imagine,” he said, as he tended to Shadowfax. “Here you go, Boy, you deserve this nice freshly harvested prairie grass. I know, your favorite.”
    sJ4stsD.jpg

“Do you expect to win tomorrow night?”
    “I never expect to win, first of all. I never take anything for granted. I would enjoy wining again, but if I don’t, I’ve had a fantastic run of it. Can’t complain.”
    J1HcphA.jpg

Sunday morning came along with a tad bit of mayhem. The place had five bathrooms, so Erik was puzzled as to just what the hold up was? “Come on, people, I have to get the Choir books on the stands. A little alacrity, if you don’t mind. You know the routine.” Moments later his household all piled out of the front door and into the Hovercraft.

Erik was very happy to learn the daily chores had also been fully executed. “Took in eight eggs,” Peter reported. “Bought another hen chick, as we lost Lady Chuckles over night.”
    “The horses have all been curried and their hooves cleaned,” Andrew said.
    “I picked up the horse dung around the yard and put it into the bin.”

“I emptied the dishwasher and loaded it up again,” Cadence said.
    “Thankyou, one and all.”

The family entered the Nave, venerated the icons on their way in and then gathered together on the north side of the church. Before long the services began. After the final Amen, the parish lined up down the center for the dismissal. Once they had been blessed by the priest, the elderly Father James, the parishioners all went downstairs to the Hospitality room where they enjoyed coffee and a light meal.

Again, Erik was asked if he thought he would win that evening. Erik gave them a beguiling smile and a shrug. “God knows, I don’t. But just to be on the safe side I do plan on showing up.”

“We need to be down in Del Sol Valley by six o’clock, so please have yourselves ready to go,” he told Travis and Harmony.
    “Absolutely, and thank you again for allowing us to accompany you.”

*~~*~~*~~*~~*
    Promptly at six o’clock, Erik brought the Hovercraft to rest in the parking lot of the PBP Studios Lounge
    “This looks like some kind of a palace,” Travis said. “I think it’s possible you’re far more royal than I am.” Erik just smiled.
    rVw8l5D.jpg

Not long after the group took their seats, the Show got underway. Up first was the Best Acting award. Octavia Bailey, long divorced from Thorne, was the recipient. She gingerly took the platform.
    “This is a culmination of all of my hardwork over decades. I thank you all for this honor.”
    0mmJqGp.jpg

“For Bringing such aural beauty to Sims’ ears around the World . . .” the Host said in her soft voice. She gently pealed back the already sliced envelope, to expose the card within. Taking it into her tiny hands, she read the content. A huge smile filled her countenance. “This Week’s Best Song goes to . . . .Erik Cantrell! For his When We Were Young. Give it up for this man. I can’t believe it. Forty-eight in a row. Your Legacy is well shored up, of that I am certain.”.

Amid shouts, of We Love you, Erik!, and a thunderous applause, Erik got to his feet. He took the platform easily and then stood there in a moment of contemplation.
    8yqG1IJ.jpg

“I would ask that you indulge me with a moment of silence for the two legendary souls in their own right, whom we lost this past week. Dustin Broke and Megumi Ito, who both passed away within days of each other. The world is a tad empty without them.”
    I9AdgUs.jpg

“Thank you. May their memories be Eternal.”
    CvOxfiK.jpg

“I would like to thank Taygeta Studios, Orion Entertainment, Limited, The Academy and my Fans, without whom I wouldn’t be standing here holding this glorious trophy in my hand. And it is still as heavy as it looks. Don’t hang that shelf up without a using a Drywall Anchor, first. I’m just telling you.”
    b1mPD4n.jpg

“Does this feel good. Yeah it does!” he said letting out a shout that filled the room.
    GjdrfkN.jpg

After the Show concluded the four went down the street to dine at the Dragon House restaurant.

All for now. Thanks for reading! :)

Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,114 Member
    @GalacticGal There are always a few mods that transform the game, and the creativity that goes into them is often incredible. I honestly did not think I would be rebooting my story again. That was not my original plan.

Also wanted to say, enjoying updates with Erik like always. The characters are definitely fun to follow.
  • Options
    @RedDestiny92
    Loved your update! The boys are just too cute.
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice Thank you. I'm so glad to learn others are enjoying my updates. :)
  • Options
    edited April 9
    @Brd709 Congrats to Ryan on his degree!🥳 The first three pics of grandma Liberty had me lmao. She looks kinda psychotic in the first one.😬 Sasha and Duncan really do look like their parents. Especially Duncan🙂 Ryan and Anjelo's reunion was sweet. I love the portraits🥰

@GalacticGal Interfering is a parent's number one job.🙂 Thank God Michael is ok!🥰 That was scary.😰

@BlueSeaWaves I forgot that Tal was a rescue too. Maybe someday I'll try it.🤪 Tal is sooo handsome with his mane down!❤️ Julie and Dominic, Tal and Tornado. So much romance ahead❤️

@LeucosiaX I love the fireworks pics.😍 That's an interesting glitch. Too bad Hay Now is a rabbit hole.🙁 I'd love to see the competitions too.

@simgirl1010 Ooh can't wait to see what's next. I'll make room on the friendship wall. Somehow.😜

@Metior_Ice The new tail looks amazing!😍 The old tails weren't bad, but these are sooo much better.

@Caerfinon Jac's not entirely wrong. That doggie tux would look ridiculous on Jon.😛

Off to work on Schemes for a while. Much love and happy simming everyone💖
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,114 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Yassss! For the prologue, I will need the child conversion though! 😭 I have a crazy idea for the prologue. Thinking about starting things off on a darker note to raise the stakes and then shift to something on the brighter side, and Alex spending time with his twin brothers would be perfect for what I have in mind! Kinda at a standstill with updates until the conversions get released.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 833 Member
    Jac's not entirely wrong. That doggie tux would look ridiculous on Jon.😛

@DaniRose2143 While this is indeed true, it would hardly be the in the top 10 of silly outfits that Jon has worn in the past adventures of the duo.

Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    whatkatieknitwhatkatieknit Posts: 11 New Member
    @DaniRose2143 Thank you for replying. I think it's so important to reach out when you're having such a difficult time, but it's also the hardest time to do it, right? I hope you get the time to be extra kind and gentle with yourself while the depression is being so tricky.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,889 Member
    edited April 9
    Ty @DaniRose2143 you noticed the pink cowboy hat🙂 I updated some categories off Jaxon’s outfits too, as he has come to embrace ranch life. He’s barely recognizable now 🤣 I will be updating some more sims with these HR clothes because I quite like some of them for storytelling.
    When you go into the Equestrian center in first person mode, it shows the space. I still think it could have been an active lot, like in get famous and get to work.

Ty @GalacticGal I just spend sometime spring cleaning my mods folder. I think it may have been the pose player but I still have to test it. Do you have the new link for the bad mod list thread?
    Here it is if you need it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/bd-p/the-sims-4-game-issues-mods-en
    Very helpful. Next I am going in with sims 4 mod manager app next.

@DaniRose2143 @simgirl1010 Dominos photos look beautiful up. Can’t wait to get in game and see them on my walls.

@luckyheather I tried all weekend but couldn’t place the garden center in my main save in the spot I had allocated for it in Newcrest. All weekend troubleshooting, I managed to see it briefly, last night, in another save I use for building only. It looks terrific.🙌 You did a beautiful job on this shell chalenge!
    I spent a considerable amount of time organizing my mods folder, just now, because have to sort this out. Veronica can’t wait to go shopping for more plants, beautiful nick nacks I have never seen in game before your build, and take the kids to the little park there. Thanks for sharing. You're such a talented builder.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,610 Member
    @LeucosiaX Congrats Venus!

@Metior_Ice Looks great!

@Ellupelluellu Lol I think Tornado may have one on him and he’s completely unaware 😆 She’s cried to him twice while having a broken heart thought bubble, while his face is “🙂” Tal’s silly 😭

@Caerfinon Aw Jac believed in him, and you do Jac 😁 Fingers crossed for next time 🤞

@DaniRose2143 Happy to hear ❤️
    An update coming in schemes😃
    I’m waiting to see if anything happens between them. Tal's been kinda oblivious to her, smiling while she's crying to him with a broken heart thought bubble😭

@RedDestiny92 Neat detail with the bookcase, thought it was wooden pieces. I love the view from the vanity table! The selfies are adorable, oo a girl 👀

@GalacticGal Congrats on the gold Shadowfax and Erik! And the award!
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 Thank you for replying. I think it's so important to reach out when you're having such a difficult time, but it's also the hardest time to do it, right? I hope you get the time to be extra kind and gentle with yourself while the depression is being so tricky.

I forgot to welcome you to the forums this morning.😊

I have so many wonderful friends here. I've always known it even in those dark moments when depression is playing with my head. That episode was bad because it came in the middle of the night. I had nobody to talk to. I had to just hold on until I got to somebody I could. My friends all came together when I needed them most. Their kind words really made a big difference. I'm feeling much better tonight. More like myself again. It's been a long time since I could honestly say that. I didn't realize how long this has been building up. The silver lining in all of this is I found a another friend I didn't know I had, you.😊

It's not only important to be kind and gentle with yourself, but remember to be kind to the people you meet. You never know what burden they're carrying and a simple act of kindness can mean the world.

Much love and happy simming everyone!💖

• Options
    edited April 10
    If sims could stop being mean to pets, that'd be great
    Edit: Found a mod here, https://www.seebee.de/sims4me/index.php?list=12 called lessrudetowardspets Going to have to try it tomorrow

Alexis and Pico headed to Waterside Warble. As Pico was entering that sim who caused a scene thought twice about entering when she saw Pico. rgzXNwh.png
    Inside Alexis ran into her mom, who was angry about her fighting that lady.
    “Mom that wasn’t me!”
    “So there’s someone else who looks exactly like you and dresses the same way?”
    qDxSkDS.png
    “These dopplegangers are getting out of control”
    Julie shook her head. cPBxRFf.png
    “Just stay out of trouble”
    “I don’t cause any —“
    “Who let you inside?”
    “Are you kidding me?” Alexis overheard her
    Just as Julie was buying her story this sim had to come and make things worse kLij6NU.png Pico 🥺 ESGssiw.png

I like how at this angle, it looks like Mochi's looking at Domino's pictures😆Mx7lgGx.png
  • Options
    edited April 10
    If sims could stop being mean to pets, that'd be great

@BlueSeaWaves This always annoyed me when Sims would yell at Jac. Luckily Bienchens has a mod for that -> lessrudetowardspets.package

Cheers
    C.
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
  • Options
    @Caerfinon Was worried if it would work next time I entered the game, but if you're vouching for it nothing to worry about then😁
  • Options
    Anna faces a difficult decision.
    Sjumpf9.jpg
    tYj3mCo.jpg
    MI6v2fT.png

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,319 Member
    edited April 10
    @BlueSeaWaves , been using that mod so long I forget sims are mean to pets, in my game pets may be the rude ones , to random sims :p

I use pretty much all Biennchen's mod. Been using for years.

@DaniRose2143 , she has lots in her mind :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,910 Member

Thank you so much @LeucosiaX for taking my Garden Center and for the compliments :) I had a lot of fun doing it after thinking what I could do with that shells odd shape Lol I am so pleased you like it and will find the play area for the kids useful :) Thanks again.
  • Options
    Games within games within games...

zPn8wDz.png
    Cheers
    C.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,763 Member
    A new chapter of Raven's Apprentice is up.

My ongoing plan is to have a new chapter on Wednesdays. I've actually got several written, so I don't have to rush.

A day in the park for the weird girls of Buckingham High...
    lOjchzs.png
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves
    Great update! I love Julie's response to Alexis' excuse regarding it not being her. "These Doppelgangers are getting out of control. ROFL. Perfect response.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 What we put our characters through, right? Travis has his own major decision. Wish I knew what the answer was. :open_mouth:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top