This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    @LeucosiaX First, congratulations on the win, but I would like to make one thing perfectly clear. I only exit without saving when the Host doesn't show up.
    @GalacticGal Not saying anything about how you play your game but you gave me the excellent idea.
    In my game, the host didn't show up three of the six times. Awards were only given out 2 times only 2 awards each. Another time a host came but not one awards. I read it supposed to give out 6 awards. The only received that one night total but I call it fair for my game, since the person I was playing won. I really wish there was a fix for this.

I have found a lot of the same sims win. I think I only have so many that can even be eligible to win. I honestly thought I had a lot more who were.

Phew! I would suggest you do a game repair. The number of awards have dwindled in my game, too. But I play on Long with aging on. Most of the usual suspects have departed. This has happened before, but other celebrities were spawned in their place, although it did take some time . . .
  • Options
    @Lucy_Henley Welcome back! Love the name Biscuit for a dog. so cute.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,682 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Echoing everyone but you come first. Take care of yourself ❤️
  • Options
    @Manicpot8to
    Wow, it looks amazing! Very nice detail with the car angled as driving out and in

@luciusstorm
    Oo that makes Tornado more special ☺️ Must be where the dev’s got the name from.Her name was game generated, wonder where else they got name inspiration from

@DaniRose2143
    Tornados a challenge alright 😭 Tal was also a rescue but he’s come a long way, so Cat’s ready ☺️ Tal still needs a moment, can’t wait for her to meet everyone else 😁

@LeucosiaX
    P. 1422 Great awards show, congrats to everyone 😁 P.1423 Lol she’ drinking from 2 cups, me with coffee 😆

@Ellupelluellu
    Haha Tal’s on the same boat with you 😆 This has mostly been his reaction around her. I’m pretty sure he’s thinking if he closes his eyes and opens them he’ll wake up from a dreamVEKupRn.png

Awesome gift to Aunt ☺️ As long as the box had holes 🤪 Lmao I thought Sarah’s shift ended 😆

@Caerfinon
    Lmao Jac, he didn’t look at it at least 😅 The amount of ppl I saw looking at it without glasses today though 🫠 She had a good reason for missing class, better luck next time Karen. Sweet, it looks good 😁

@RedDestiny92
    5am at the bar! That’s primetime for hitting the field Malcom, least that when my grandpa would be gone to hit the fields 😅 They are fit for each other

@Lucy_Henley
    Aw Biscuit should fit in well 😁

@Brd709
    Liberty moving in is sweet ☺️ Her face while changing the diaper 😆 Oh my goodness, a meteor! That was unexpected 😭 Congrats Ryan! Wow the kids do resemble their parents! Sasha worked really hard.

@GalacticGal
    Aw sweet way to spend the day for Harmony and Travis🥰 And Erik as charming as ever😁 But interfering 👀 Will be interesting to see. Close call for Michael, thankfully he was saved and crisis averted

@simgirl1010
    Yay, another friend to add on the wall 😁
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,556 Member
    Thanks @BlueSeaWaves another possibly coming soon. :p
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,957 Member
    I want to thank everyone for the mentions last night and again this morning. I’m struggling a bit with my mental health so I’m not going to be posting much this week or next week either. I will be reading and handling out awesomes to everyone though.❤️

Last night was really rough. I came very close to asking for my account to be deleted. It was nothing to do with anything that happened here. But I didn’t want my struggles bleeding over onto here and ruining everyone else’s fun.

I’m doing better this morning and I came to my senses before I did anything truly stupid.

Like I said before I will be sending out awesomes to everyone when they post. When I’m feeling better I will be back to posting like I always do.❤️

Wishing you much love and happy simming.❤️

I'm sorry you're going through a hard time @DaniRose2143 I hope you will feel better. Sending you positive vibes 💗
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 😃 Oo happy to hear!

Got an update regarding Tal's Friendship Wall :
    After returning from work Catalina untied Tornado’s hair and let it all down. Tal hardly ever uses his stable so she was welcome to sleep inside.
    “Who are all these? I’ll ask Talladega first thing in the morning” 9187GT2.png
    She woke up at dawn, heading out she found Tal outside.
    “Good morning, who’re all those in the pictures on the wall?”
    “They’re my friends”
    “…Do you know them?”
    “How dare you?” Tal thought to himself rrL4EdB.png
    “Of course I d—Hey whats the smell?" Tal quickly deflected
    "What-what smell?"
    dcwq01v.png
    "Smells divine"
    “Do I really smell that good? It part of my secret collection”
    Tornado became very happy that somebody noticed her. She started jumping in place 4oeqBlr.png
    “Oh yes, it suits you very well”
    Tornado smiled at his words. Tal joined her, proud that he successfully pivoted the conversation.
    Real smooth Tal 😆 No one messes with his friendship wall 2C2VgSx.png
    These 2 interacting is fun to watch. One minute they get a friendship boost then it goes down, and repeat. Like taking a step foward and 2 steps back 😆
  • Options
    Great post @Caerfinon Was looking for a solar eclipse mod for sims 4- it should be a rare event in game! It's such important message to keep pets safe.

@simgirl1010 Did you add them to the gallery? What is the link?
    I can’t wait to grab the photos to added them to Venus friends wall.

@Ellupelluellu I didn’t know you can gift chicken that way. That’s rad!

@GalacticGal looks like love day was successful. Nice captures on the date in Tartosa. My laundry keeps catching sims on fire too. Thank goodness everyone is alright.

@brd Congratulations to class of 2003
    Duncan and Kirk really do look alike! I think sometimes the gene generator is spot on.

@BlueSeaWaves Cute I hope they get along. 🙂 Upload more pet photos please🙏
  • Options
    edited April 9
    I've been troubleshooting my game all weekend, so I couldnt get as far as I had set out to. I still have these last few images of how I closed my my gameplay session last night.
    Lady & Jasper placed at competitions 3rbQ75s.png
    f3uyQJ7.png
    Venus got good news buzzing about a best picture nomination for the film she just shot. Jaxon got a guitar and piano, and the closed Sims 4th holiday with some fireworks. First time getting these in game.PP6YpgG.png
    w450sLf.pngc8kJBwW.png
    4kg2rrA.png
    mxxekWG.png
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,116 Member
    In preparation for my updates for my story, I've been testing out things with the new tail. It's such a huge difference that I plan on doing a quick reboot, so I have to redo screenshots I took. However, I love this new tail by spinning plumbob soooo much. I had Calum, Kemps, Alex, and Stevie model the tail. One of the things that I'm waiting on is the child conversion so the twins and the other merlings can have a tail that looks the same as their parents and etc.

Would be a little strange if they suddenly had a completely different tail if I tried to continue the story without a reboot, and a similar bit of weirdness would apply if the merlings had a dramatically different tail from the adults. My merfolk do not go through a metamorphosis when they age up.

I can't stress enough that credit for this tail goes to Spinning Plumbob. I'm just sharing something I love in the sims.

Kemps Modeling a Tailflip
    53642208349_14bf2d44e1_h.jpg

53642328340_7e6a3626f4_h.jpg

53641871631_ba47d8983d_h.jpg

53642085653_89345d426d_h.jpg

53640990002_41a0e6d2bb_h.jpg

53642208224_5805826d40_h.jpg

53641871556_7d3873734c_h.jpg

Kemps Modeling a Sea Shanty

53642208069_fd408629c4_h.jpg

Kemps Modeling Changing the Weather

53640989792_fe5e09faf9_h.jpg

Kemps Modeling Swimming
    53642328825_bb4cccc2a3_h.jpg

53642086173_7488cb16fd_h.jpg

53642328765_da4a249bcf_h.jpg

53642208604_9599e152a2_h.jpg

53642208559_fa65279835_h.jpg

53640990257_6b43c21a45_h.jpg

53642328560_8b1eefafd0_h.jpg

53641871786_1d116cc319_h.jpg

53642208404_e7c0bc7b79_h.jpg

53641871766_bca3f3412d_h.jpg

53641871666_81b0fd5cee_h.jpg

53642328400_630ce4c6a2_h.jpg

Alex Modeling a Caz Mari Pose

53642208704_f790e0bd42_h.jpg
    53642086258_2ddeaf551e_h.jpg

Calum Modeling the Basking Rock from Spinning Plumbob

53642208869_423721c334_h.jpg

Calum Modeling Lounging on his Back from Spinning Plumbob's Expanded Mermaids Mod
    53642233564_3d56441f2f_h.jpg

53642353870_206d471a29_h.jpg

53642111418_8ff7964c1a_h.jpg

Calum Modeling Lounging on his Stomach from Spinning Plumbob's Expanded Mermaids Mod
    53642111463_758f6e5ad0_h.jpg

53642111478_a7eb55182d_h.jpg

Stevie Modeling the Sensitive Scales Weakness

Very few of my merfolk will actually use a human form. So far, only 4 merfolk in my story will ever walk on land. Most of them will remain in the sea for all of their appearances. Consequently, they won't get far from the water they swim in. Stevie is one of the few that will actually appear on land.
    53642087328_aa655f786e_h.jpg

53642210144_79fc71e559_h.jpg

53642087513_7d9889bb58_h.jpg

53642209919_4cc7572f73_h.jpg

53641873091_f87d6bdbd0_h.jpg

53640991542_50af4d02dc_h.jpg

53640991467_78acabe9b9_h.jpg

53642086933_5fb9b226f6_h.jpg

With the new tail, I'm playing with some ideas concerning how merfolk dress since this tail is actually more compatible with apparel outside of swimwear. Apparel for merfolk that does not clip through CC tails is still extremely limited, especially for the mermen. Honestly, I'm not worried about the apparel for mermaids. The mermaids are easy. The mermen are more challenging to figure out what works.
    53642209469_08c256b30e_h.jpg

53642329460_b5e3e42d35_h.jpg

My mermen that go on land might have a preference for going shirtless like how they are in the sea simply because it might be hard to find something to wear if I go the forced transformation route I'm thinking of. I can't imagine a shirt slicing through their dorsal fin would be comfortable. Might look a little too funny. Still playing with the idea so nothing is set in stone, and I still need to wait for the child conversion since the Twins will have their own story arc and appear in Alex's Little Merman Arc.
    53640991202_8072e4cfe7_h.jpg

One significant change I'm making to my merfolk is switching out the clumsy trait for the music lover trait. Only my merfolk that go on land in a human form actually need the clumsy trait that makes them stumble on their feet. For my merfolk that get comfortable walking on land, I might switch out the trait. I tried the retraiting potion and I think it might've cleared a discovery trait. Kemps had the cheerful trait and lost it when I used it on him. So, I don't exactly know how I'll handle the traits. But, a gameplay impact from changing traits will make any deals with Damion taken under more consideration. I'll have to be careful with how I handle that.

Teaser for My New Prologue

This is still a work in progress and getting the screenshots will take time.
    53642359455_a8a3fd72f5_h.jpg

53642111518_032551fccf_h.jpg

53641896966_6ce2090051_h.jpg

53642111868_f18d76e12b_h.jpg

53642112553_9658134cdd_h.jpg

53641016427_3e34f28ac6_h.jpg

53642112243_79bacafebb_h.jpg

53641897371_48916e718a_h.jpg

53642234294_9fee789ea5_h.jpg

53641016887_c19306b107_h.jpg

53641016877_2fab0f37d9_h.jpg

Mods and CC credit. I am not the creator.

Here's a link to the Tail CAS CC:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/neverland-tail-101524040?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=postshare_fan&utm_content=join_link

The Expanded Mermaids Mod:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/expanded-mod-2-0-78685209?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=postshare_fan&utm_content=join_link

The Sea-nery Stuff Build Mode CC:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/sea-nery-stuff-74793919?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=postshare_fan&utm_content=join_link
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,471 Member
    @luciusstorm , I suppose you are right :) Just that she had just ordered beef wellington and had to have semi frozen burger from city stall instead :p
    @GalacticGal , lovely love day <3
    @Brd709 , LOL, Liberty might of loved to help with baby, but sure does not look like it :p
    @simgirl1010 , please can you keep Domino's pics in gallery for a while? I cannot dl as still not yet patched :(
    @BlueSeaWaves , ooh Tal... the smell comment... hmmm.. sensing bit crush in the air... <3
    @LeucosiaX , love the fireworks !
    @Metior_Ice , looks awesome :)
    @Caerfinon , must be that Jac fashion needs game to be updated as well, as did not show up in CAS :( Well, It hopefully will soon, then.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,556 Member
    @Ellupelluellu no plans to remove Domino. 🙂
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,396 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves @LeucosiaX Thank you for the kind words❤️ I appreciate them very much

@simgirl1010 Domino's pictures are on the Friendship wall. Domino is beautiful😍 Aurora just moved in and already it's too small😆

MJNH9Z0.jpeg

Much love and happy simming everyone❤️
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 900 Member
    edited April 9
    Caerfinon , must be that Jac fashion needs game to be updated as well, as did not show up in CAS :( Well, It hopefully will soon, then.

@Ellupelluellu I checked the requirements and have updated this information on the download page.

The shirt is based on the City Living Food Festival women's white T-Shirt. It requires the City Living EP03 pack otherwise the mesh is broken.

It was built using Sims 4 Studio v 3.2.1.7 (Star) which is specifically required to make CAS for Game Patch 1.105.345.1020. The old S4S version could not even load CAS objects from a patched instance.

I should have tested this before making the package available. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    whatkatieknitwhatkatieknit Posts: 11 New Member
    @DaniRose2143 Hi, I'm a lurker here on the forums and often read your posts and stories, which I get a lot of enjoyment and playing inspiration from. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time with your mental health, and glad you decided not to delete your account. I hope you feel better soon. Take care.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,396 Member
    @whatkatieknit Thank you from the bottom of my heart.💖 You are so sweet.🥲 Yesterday was one of the worst bouts of depression I’ve had. Like ever. My social network, my friend circle, it’s all here. One of the lies my depression tells me is no body wants me. Everyone hates me. I know they’re lies. But depression is relentless. It keeps telling you those lies and makes you believe them. It starts irl but eventually finds its way here too.

I regretted making that post. But I think I left it up instead of deleting it because I knew the response I would get. Now I have a note document with all the sweet things everyone said to me. I’m adding your comment to it and I’m going to print copies that I can put in different places around my apartment. When depression tries to tell me those lies about being unloved and unlovable I can read them and push those lies out of my head.💖

Yesterday was horrible, but it was a blessing in disguise. Thanks to my friends and their sweet words I’m feeling a lot better.🫂
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,832 Member
    OK, I'm more or less caught up again. Awesomes given out.

@Brd709, love the family story.
    I'd honestly forgotten how fast everyone lives when aging is turned on. :) For your montage, I can't decide if Liberty was helping or just bringing chaos.

@GalacticGal, interesting...
    I'm enjoying Travis and Harmony's wedding planning. Erik and Kayleigh have me wondering more about this coup and the public perception of the revolutionaries. Poor Michael

@Metior_Ice, that's a cool new tail for mer-folk alright.

Everyone else, just because I didn't comment specifically, it doesn't mean I'm not seeing you. You're Awesome. :)

Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    edited April 9
    @BlueSeaWaves Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Stay tuned for more.

@Ellupelluellu Thank you. Sometimes it's hard when there is more than one couple in the household. That's when I learned my restaurants had gone south. Weird that it worked with Erik and Kayleigh, and then when I sent the younger couple out on a date, suddenly they couldn't order any food. I didn't change anything in between these two events. Still working on weeding out the culprit, too.

@luciusstorm Thank you. :)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • Options
    edited April 9
    @LeucosiaX
    Lovely shots of the fireworks! Glad to hear Venus made a Best Picture nomination, that is awesome. I'm also glad I'm not the only one doing troubleshooting. Now, true enough, mine is cc related issues, but you can bet the farm, once I figure out just which cc it is, I'll be pulling that out of my Mods folder and incinerating it! LOL Don't mess with the restaurant, my Sims love to dine out.

@Metior_Ice
    I am so happy for you; those tails are fantastic. I can't wait until you have written up your reboot and look forward to reading it from the beginning, this time. I fully get waiting for the merling's tails. I think I ended up rebooting just to use the latest pack, so I totally get it. Well, done. And I'm glad you have a mod that helps give you what the game is lacking. I have the Road to Fame mod that infused me with excitement and enthusiasm to play this game.
    [/Spoiler\
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,116 Member
    Left a couple awesomes.

@GalacticGal I enjoyed your update! Really did a great job capturing a teenager!

I remember when Erik was rushing to get married to Kayleigh. :D
    OK, I'm more or less caught up again. Awesomes given out.

@Metior_Ice, that's a cool new tail for mer-folk alright.

It really is! The Atlantica Tail was really awesome, but this tail is still so much better! Like, it just works so well in game, and I think it will work better for my story.

For the Atlantica Tail, there was clipping, that for me, made it hard to use certain screenshots I really liked. One of the things that delayed my updates was going down a rabbit hole trying to edit pictures… Once I started seeing certain things I couldn’t unsee it.

This tail is just so much better!
  • Options
    Sometimes the anticipation of something good misses the mark in the experience of something good. It is an honour just to be nominated.

UFJyXJU.png
    Cheers
    C.
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,471 Member
    Jac looks awesome in that , @Caerfinon :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Jac looks awesome in that , Caerfinon :)

@Ellupelluellu They really do need the full range of categories for pet clothing... So many possibilities.

Cheers
    C.