Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited December 2023
    Having finished up my latest story on my blog, I've finally gotten to just play for a little bit and have been finishing up the last college term for my College Years Sims (who some of you might remember from long ago when I posted here).

I just wanted to share.

College Years, the Final Year
    5lxhSfk.png
    Miranda Silveroak-Goth and Mariah Huntley are still very much together and very much in love. Almost impossibly, after all the gangsters, vampires and evil wizards in their past, the worst thing they faced this year was Mariah's tendency toward jealousy.
    gV9Fe2i.png

Aadi Bheeda met someone new... and Jordan Scott really liked them, despite Aadi wearing an amazingly ugly Winterfest sweater at the time.
    EaEqkWZ.png

Genie Elderberry has been bitten by the acting bug...
    FUXcXjU.png

... and gave her friend Gabbie some very unfortunate dating advice concerning a certain Count (leading to Gabbie being bitten too... but that's another story)
    721AbJH.png

So, roommates reached Graduation Day...
    ocJuNrT.png

... and here they part, friends forever.
    TqopxsR.png

What does the future hold for them? I don't know yet I'm sure it will be interesting.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    🛺 Today in Tomarang:
    26893910e5b722fee404e9bb46f118941c654d5d.jpg
    87fdbd48669409beeddabe8be1f791f2a40ecaf7.pnj

Jack and Vlad head to the Temple to seek help for Jack's painful rash.
    As long as they are unsure of the dangers of their new place they decided no one goes anywhere alone.
    And since Jack is the only one who can stop Vlad should he freak out again, they go together.
    While Jeb and Saiwa start to make this place a home.
    At least Saiwa thought so...
    Jeb: "Finally alone! Let's get a room!"
    f5812ff91061e8f9709315e315b818ffc9be0b55.jpg
    ~8 pics below the spoiler
    👇
    Saiwa, breathless: "Jeb. If you don't stop this we are going to have serious problems. We can't build our life upon that I might die. Let's live for now. Because now is all we have, hm? We are going to do our work here today and make our home liveable and I promise I'll spend the night with you. Deal?"
    Jeb sighs from the depths of his soul: "Deal..."
    422454cb420d006335f75fd7c2df6290aa2413b1.jpg

They went over to the shed.
    Just to find the goats on the loose! They forgot to lock the gate...
    a6f2f9089c09278753b85ef27c72f5aab87a3d03.jpg

After they cought the goats and brought them back to the daycare:
    Jeb: "I found something gamechanging!"
    dad2185baea5fd9319c6d07f93dd2b5485adf551.jpg

Jeb: "I'd been so worried because there's no furniture here and we have no money... But other Jeb and Jack left us this!"
    Saiwa: ?
    Jeb: "We have a lot of junk and trash here and with these machines we can turn it into the furniture we like!"
    Saiwa: "No way! This is just like magic!"
    adc04d5167c8d3f992034980a46fcbf3719302d0.jpg

And so Jeb started to collect the trash and Saiwa designed the furniture.
    Saiwa: "That's just awesome! Look at this beautiful sink! We'll just make some basics today like beds, a place to cook and eat and a bathroom. And if Vlad and Jack don't like their stuff, we can just throw it into the machine again and make something else! There's no limits!"
    dc24a2ecc7014e16d566291872dfbc9ec9061dc8.jpg

Speaking of Vlad and Jack. Looks like they lost their way ^^'
    Vlad: "When are we finally there?"
    ec5d3b119434b54490cf7925540f28c759b032a7.jpg

Jack: "Uhm... soon."
    👆
    2ef584ba18b931b0b9188593a946da71fa60aed5.jpg
    This episode in the Story Thread of their second year is 👉 here at the forum.

🎄 Last Christmas:
    5f795cfc3bbf483ba994d48470edae297908b7ff.jpg

The weather is fantastic! They decided to start with their outdoor activities. Who knows how long it will last.
    Ji Ho and Jeb left first to not over stimulate Vlad.
    And even though Vlad can not see Ji Ho - thanks to the bond and his vampiric senses, he always knows where he is.
    a5842fad903b1e3950db771a2a865faf4077e43b.jpg
    ~8 pics below the spoiler
    👇
    Giga: “We will leave soon too. We are neither good at home economics nor sports... we will be busy...”
    f1b293b910dbed67533c2ba25d38ed435634f01a.jpg

Jeb took photos of Ji Ho :3 (and the gnomes photobombed...)
    03be80625c577ac3e887d5e4366d5e0a366d14fc.jpg

Ji Ho: “There’s even a hot spring!”
    eee38e3433ebd0d603698350da09bd675fe7d9bf.jpg

Ji Ho: “We could jump in this evening as soon as we’re back!”
    Jeb: “Deal!”
    8ad27ddc1285bbb1e47f98b0a57005be0fa8922f.jpg

hahaha Ji Ho drew a smiley in the snow and the ‘nose’ is one of his foot prints!
    1515a70ca69f661e28ecb5a4047598664abe73ee.jpg

The photos Jeb took. Some are from the day when they arrived at Mount Komorebi.
    ff269db8a6adbbec8dfcf06d838105ef8c2f19ff.jpg

The others are about to leave too.
    Jack: “Vlad, let me put you your gloves on.”
    Vlad: “I can do that alone.”
    Jack: “Hand!”
    22cf5605018ef6cb82fe325a64d7d4e3233299fa.jpg

Vlad’s hand touches Jacks jacket.
    Vlad laughs: “A fur jacket? Really? As if you weren’t furry enough!”
    f779108070132c4048a0785764c60f76248a9d9d.jpg

Kiyoshi: “I like fur.”
    (Vlad’s face says: aouw ;))
    f3443e550af8f4aa11d59af9d7e6d7b313b76c4d.jpg

And then - almost inaudible - he whispers “And i like you.” Right beneath Jacks ear. Kiyoshi’s warm breath brushes his neck, his lips almost touch Jack’s skin - and Jack shivered down his spine.
    1364b25d49f7bdb672d7cdce38d8975c730c19c1.jpg
    54f66dc4464b736b39bffbf9ae77ab8a324cb946.jpg

Meanwhile, right behind the tavern, people continue to vanish! ö.ö
    2234350e160e30099662ddb42090edf7bc40e340.jpg

Behind the scenes:
    And then(!) Ji Ho’s ‘dead’ ‘mother’ visited! ö.ö
    (She isn’t even Ji Ho’s real mother. ‘Real’ in the story but not ‘real’ that she had born him ö.ö)
    Strange.
    I count this as another bad omen. Argh!
    (She knows Ji Ho because I moved her to the household for the scene when Leander pulled Ji Ho under water in the ocean, it was her who did that (for the scene, bec Leander is a witch, he can’t.)
    4c85475e017afdf10ffa7c44d5f9767dc7519ed1.jpg
    👆
    This episode in the Story Thread of their first year is -> here at the forum.
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,093 Member
    oof @cricketsmoon sorry that happened to you!
    You can also place a thermostat indoors, and set it to "warmer" in the cold weather, so your sims will be safe from the cold at least when they're inside.
    Fireplaces work too, but only for the room they're placed in. Thermostats work for the whole lot.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,001 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Oh, excellent. I'm glad you're getting it sorted out. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,284 Member
    @luciusstorm ,
    Will be very interesting to follow their future :) Bad dating advice sounds interesting, in this case :p
    @mightysprite ,
    that church looks awesome! I know I asked before, but not sure if you saw (I never got notification of a reply anyway) , so I apologise I ask again, will it be for download? :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,585 Member
    @Ellupelluellu
    They’re all being very precautious 😆 It was only a matter of time before Dominic fell for Pico☺️ Dominic accepted that they both moved on from their relationship and is happy for Julie🙂
    @GalacticGal
    Oof Hope the trophy appears next time and nothing gets corrupted😳
    @mightsprite
    I really like how it turned out, reminded me a bit of my church. The foldable table and chairs, brought back hidden memories. Well done😁
    @BeckyI7Fan
    Congrats Bryon! Oof that was off to a good start😵 RIP Adonis
    @Smellincoffee
    Pretty cool the Hermit realized Louise is a serious student
    @luciusstorm
    Great final year update, Miranda and Mariah are meant for each other(I read their final chapter a while back and the ending made me cry) I’m happy Aadi found someone, they were always so supportive, glad they have someone now☺️ The final hugs goodbye
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Today in my game I used MCCC to skip three days ahead because I hate winter and almost all of my sims died of hypothermia. I had to bring them back one by one.

Wow, I have used MCCC for a long time, but admittedly not taken advantage of much of it. I had no clue we could 'skip' ahead a few days.

Thank you @BlueSeaWaves, that's my hope, too. I think I'll do a game repair, first though.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    @Smellincoffee Loved your update!
    You presented a very well-written story that drew me right in. Can't wait to hear more of Louisa's adventures.

@luciusstorm
    I enjoyed your update and was glad to see more of what became with this group. :) Congrats on them graduating.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • Options
    Today in my game I used MCCC to skip three days ahead because I hate winter and almost all of my sims died of hypothermia. I had to bring them back one by one.

You can keep them inside, or in the case of having a pool, fence it off and set the gate to be locked from all of them, or just allow access to your main sim in the household. Make sure they properly change to winter clothing, they don't always do it, especially when they all gathering around outside and start talking.

You should see how the teens in my game dress on days where the weather is freezing. Off to school in short sleeve tt-shirts, some of them. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    @Becky17Fan Poor kid, I hope he has a way of fending for himself without becoming a dropout, Or is this the beginning of a Challenge?
  • Options
    BeckyI7FanBeckyI7Fan Posts: 123 Member
    @GalacticGal He's still in school ie the prom
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu
    Thank you. On the bad date, I have some definite ideas.

@BlueSeaWaves
    Thank you. I'll be honest - I cried when I wrote Miranda and Mariah's ending back then.

Aadi is such a special character. Interestingly, Jordan, like Aadi, is a non-binary character born in and created almost entirely by the game. I think they are meant for each other. I just never found a way for them to get together until now. I hope they will be happy.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 800 Member
    No Comic sadly... but today was my patch day. I waited until all of the critical mods I use had a clear or updated status. I've been playing in offline mode since the 5th. Now I can safely report mischief managed. All games patched and working as expected. Better Exceptions shows all mods compatible and no conflicts in any of the 1599 mods installed. <3:)
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Caerfinon wrote: »
    No Comic sadly... but today was my patch day. I waited until all of the critical mods I use had a clear or updated status. I've been playing in offline mode since the 5th. Now I can safely report mischief managed. All games patched and working as expected. Better Exceptions shows all mods compatible and no conflicts in any of the 1599 mods installed. <3:)

Wait, you have 1599 mods? :open_mouth:

I just got word that two of the mods I use have been updated. I will now roll back to recover Jamison's Simoleons. Yay.
  • Options
    Wait, you have 1599 mods? :open_mouth:

I blame Jac... He's a bit of a clothes horse... ;)

Cheers
    C.
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
  • Options
    Ended up testing one of the new features from For Rent today, had a fun time with it decided to share

Alexis arrived outside The Oak Barrel, just arriving in Chestnut Ridge she thought there’d be no better place to grab a bite to eat. She wanted to see Catalina but that could wait for the next day. 6LjOj27.png
    Fate of course likes to play games, the second she made a turn and entered the common area sitting across from her was none other than Catalina. afX5Awk.png “Cat!” She yelled out to her. Alexis reached out her arms to hug her but Catalina didn’t do the same. qq5mr0C.png Alexis took a seat at the bar after that embarrassing moment. Catalina ignored her for the most part, was she already seeing someone else? At least Pico was welcomed into open arms by her. oIRU4RK.png It was nice to see all the other sims enjoying themselves. They were all happy, telling jokes to one another3awEnDj.png Switching the camera over Alexis was yelling at Cat 😳She ended up leaving right after. 1icg173.png Alexis immediately regretted that. She went out to find her at her home. She arrived just as the sun was beginning to set. UYuPiav.png Alexis knocked on the door multiple times yet no one opened. “Where is she? Taladega’s not even here.” She turned back to leave when she saw a monkey wrench laying on the ground. Curiosity got the best of her. Before she knew it she was using it to break open into the door. hyWgOj3.png

Pico was on guard duty and checked the perimeter. Alexis was lucky Catalina still didn’t show up, where could she besides home at this time? gltPIpV.png
    It took her a while but after struggling she was in. Seeing as the kitchen was empty she immediately went snooping into the bedroom. She looked at some papers found under the bed. Lh6lNtC.png Pico started her when he ran into the room. “Pico, you scared me pal” Pico was sure he heard footsteps around the house, he came to warn her. oiuXfPp.png “Ok, Ok we’re leaving” Just as she reached the bottom step, Alexis looked to her right and noticed the mailbox. She looked through it as well. sV6uubn.png “What do we have here?…I can’t read any of this…” URNA2LX.png Alexis tried to make sense of the letters on the envelopes, she took too long. “Don’t look behind us” Pico barked quietly to Alexis. KNDWWKV.png Taladega ended up rounding them both up. Pico didn’t put up a fight with Tal. xeZASFv.png Alexis tried to explain herself, while mostly thinking of an escape plan. She had to get away before Cat realized she broke into her home. ofSNOY0.png She thought of a something, albeit crude…but effective. “Run Pico!” She yelled as she threw snow in Catalina’s face gVfnLjy.png Alexis jumped in her bed. Pico was still asleep on the floor. “What a weird dream” she thought. VBnvsli.png

Note: It was all a dream😅 The break in was not planned, it happened cause the ‘break into home’ option got the best of me 😂 Also was looking everywhere to in the pie menu for an option to tell Cat she broke in and found information about her but couldn’t find it. Instead I found ‘shove snow’ and was wondering how that looked😇
  • Options
    @Caerfinon Wow, impressive. I just reached 60 cc items and told myself no more
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves
    Interesting experiment... looks like a strange but neat new feature.

Good thing it was just a dream though.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I don't normally bother people with my personals but my goodness I was very violently ill and still had to work, after resting today on my day off I was met with the familiar feeling of my ribs being a little bruised and it is so hard to focus, meh.

But I still send awesomes lol, I just needed to vent.
    @BlueSeaWaves oh definitely, yeah it's hardly worth it, I mean unless you play it enough that doesn't matter I wish I could but I have to be particular since where I live there are limits on what systems we can buy so testing and such. Ha, he'll try his very best, Ruby is a mess but I like her that way.

Ah he's like those clips, my dad after he said he didn't want a pet hehe, aw it's so nice how well things went for her, maybe he can be grandfather adjacent.
    @Ellupelluellu it really does.
    Ogozu61h.png
    For Easter took her out as she mostly just works and talks to herself or her furniture when she doesn't have someone to talk to, see she really is crazy doesn't she know to stay away from the white rabbit? (Tell me someone got that reference :* )
    2s4rPVdh.png
    She hung out with Arturo, though that sim there took the drink she bought him, he seemed especially flattered she paid him that attention, while it's not true of everyone some people that can get married and stay that way for a long time can really be won with nice words from someone younger. Shame on him, but that's how it is.
    GejHLbuh.png
    The next day Ruby called Kien(I don't know how to make the accents appear) to go out to eat and after they finished she asked him to be her woohoo partner and like I thought he was all for it, he really likes her. Even in the dumpster, I wonder if we could get the whoo-hooty texts back and the love letters cause that is something I need anyhow he's the first to accept that in my game not for lack of trying.
    YNNA0Jeh.png
    She had to take care of some issues in her building, and when I first built this I didn't even know how much tenants would make use of the shared area it was nice to see my wolf over there on the computer while Diego did his laundry. You can really just watch them exist surprisingly.
    IW6yOchh.png
    The next day Arturo invited her to the romance festival and I found some paintings I know I haven't seen before, I'm not very observant since I'm usually doing something else while playing but maybe they are new maybe they aren't they just look nice, even the fruit one is adorable.
    4qQ4lnyh.png
    After an explosion in one of her units, still not sure if those get rid of tenants so to speak he survived, I gave her a little make over, and found that again you don't have to go you can order contractors on the phone, expensive or cheap. Tired she stopped by to see Kien so they could have a normal evening, he couldn't help teasing her, and he was really delighted she wanted to make dinner for him. So much so that immediately after she left he rolled a want that he wanted her to be his girlfriend. Kind of feel bad for the guy...also I don't know when Arturo will pass but I may age him down so he's not taken out so easily. It's gonna be a fight for you my friend.

Tune in next time for Shame shame landlady diaries...hehe.

Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,093 Member
    edited December 2023
    @Ellupelluellu and anyone else who would like it: Newcrest Community Church is now on the gallery :)
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2AAC3B8A7ABD4D2DAE908F1EEA13A69B
    Screen-Shot-2023-12-10-at-10-02-40-PM.png

@BlueSeaWaves that is very funny about your folding chair nostalgia.

Babs Builder, who never was a churchgoer, made a number of sudden changes in her life, including getting married and having an infant, in order to test all the amenities of this build for y'all.
    She also discovered a new bug where now Merge Households freezes if you try to combine households with a not-in-world sim, like the one she just married, but that's another post and it's already on AHQ anyway
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited December 2023
    @Lyrie
    That was a lovely update! The triple baby shower was a great idea. All the pregnant ladies can bond over their pregnancies and everyone can celebrate the incoming babies together. It’s much better than having 3 separate celebrations. I love the photos of the 3 pregnant bellies.

The colors for Nayeli’s wedding with Terrence are so pretty. I like that she didn’t choose a white dress and that he has a white suit. Hazel and Rainbow dancing is so sweet. I hope those two remain friends throughout their adulthoods. I hope everything turns out okay with Myra and Nayeli.

@mightysprite
    Lovely church. <3 It seems like a very welcoming place. I love the children’s items in the back of the sanctuary, the food pantry, the rec center, and the storage space in the attic.

@RedDestiny92
    I like the twins Sammy and Nicole. I hope you’re able to escape For Rent’s bugs. It seems like it’s going well for you so far—I really hope that continues and that you can collect rent on time. The cringey trait seems fun.

@BlueSeaWaves
    I like how Pico finds Alexis. <3 Pico does seem too friendly not to have a home and a family, but at the same time, if I were Alexis, I would be selfishly sad if he did. But losing a pet is awful, so I hope Pico finds his home. Until then, he can live happily with Alexis. I love how Dominic is succumbing to Pico’s charms. He can be a grandfather to Pico if Pico’s family doesn’t show up.

I’m happy to see Nora, Reese, and Denise. Reese is great with Nora, but he seems a little off when it comes to Denise. :D Hopscotch looks really good.

I laughed at Alexis’ mischief with Cat being a dream. Thank goodness, I guess.

@BeckyI7Fan
    Poor Byron. That sounds like a bad time. I hope he has enough money to survive alone.

@GalacticGal I’m glad you didn’t lose your saves. I hope everything works out for you with the mod updates.

@luciusstorm Congratulations on your Sims graduating. Hopefully, they’ll keep in touch. I also like how all your Sims have great hair.

@Caerfinon It’s good that Jon and Jack can enjoy a patched save. I have 23 GB (5,355 files) of mods/CC and dislike bugs, so I’m still waiting to patch. :#
  • Options
    @haneul Fingers crossed... Good hunting. 🤞🏻🍀
    Cheers
    C.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,470 Member
    @RedDestiny92 could the white rabbit have anything to do with Alice (both story & song)?
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,849 Member
    edited December 2023
    53390199653_d5de3981f2_k.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-11 at 2.57.56 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

This dream home decorator is exhausted from unpacking and can't finish renovation and furnishing her new townhome. She finished 4 townhomes today and it calling it a day.

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,214 Member
    edited December 2023
    I have a lot of catching up to do.😁 I think I left off on page 1296...

@Lyrie
    The baby shower looked like a lot of fun! We've all had those moments where we forget to take pictures, but the ones you took are lovely.😁 The wedding looked beautiful just like Nayeli! Everybody looked like they were having a great time at the reception. I loved the picture of Hazel and Rainbow dancing.🥰 Myra is the perfect wedding present! Too bad Nayeli needed an emergency C-section though. I'm glad mom and baby are fine!

@RedDestiny92
    'Accidental' sims are some of the best ones. So many of my favorites are ones I thought would just be background sims, but they had that certain something that made them special. I love that top and they are rocking it!😁 Tomarang looks amazing!

I'll have more comments after work. I have a lot of work to do on my game after the mod folder cleaning. For some strange reason even though I have 99% of my CC reinstalled every single sim is naked, bald, and shoeless. I don't understand why the outfits and hairstyles aren't showing up on them even though the items are in CAS. The lots are all back looking like they did before but not the sims. This game is so odd.

Edit: I think know what the problem is. Every time I swapped folders in and out the game updated the resource cfg file. I made copies of everything the day before the update came out so I can try making a copy of the old file and paste it into my current mods folder and see if that fixes the problem.🤞🙂
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top