Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 624 Member
    My dogs do that with snails. :open_mouth:

This is the way...

Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • PrincessssPrincessss Posts: 72 Member
    Hello. I thought I would take this moment to share with you that nothing has happened in my game today, at least not yet. I had three devices give up the ghost on me this past couple of days. First my unsmart phone, Cricket died unceremoniously. Then my Nook died. Followed by my little laptop I was having so very much trouble with. Hubby came to the rescue, and I now have a Galaxy something or other offered at the Cricket store. And last evening hubby came home with a brand new . . . wait for it . . . gaming laptop! I'm still working on getting things set up. Finally managed to download the EA App. I do have a backup of my Erik Cantrell save, however, it's not quite as far as I was. Haven't yet installed that, but I will and then I'll be able to see how much gameplay I'll have to repeat. The baby was an oopsie, to be sure, (I sent them to woohoo, only) so I'll have to go ahead and force this situation if the game doesn't decide it for me. LOL I still have to work on the Genealogy so my family branch can finally get into the family history book, but I was in the habit of doing that first, and then playing my game for a bit.

Please bear with me I hope not to take too much time in catching up on my own story. I will catch up through my emails (had 267 waiting for me today, after only one day of not getting to them. But that's nothing. I just need to sort out how to enlarge the text! This itty-bitty stuff is killing what's left of my eyesight!

And, that's the state of my Erik Cantrell adventures. Hey, at least now I can purchase the new EP!

@GalacticGal Ooo how exciting!!! I love getting a new laptop, it's like getting new clothes for me lol 😆 seriously though it's really cool, just frustrating that you have to set it all up again...
    I hope your setting up goes well and you can get back to Sims again soon. 😊

Might take a while to get through all them emails though lol 😁

I've pre ordered the new EP. I am so excited!!! Just 6 days to go and then my Sims games will get a whole lot more awesome!
    ty6k6zxplciy.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,537 Member
    @Princessss Thank you for your words of encouragement. It is an exciting thing. I guess I just wish it had come sooner, before my laptop died. I lost my Word-Perfect program, my Family Tree Maker program and all of those needed records for my genealogy. Yikes, I hate to be a whiner, but it is what it is. As for those emails, I cull them and only had about 62 that I wanted to read. I'm already down to 45. Thanks, again. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @DreamPrincess It's always fun for me to catch up with the Furystrykar family. I was also a bit amused that after Agnes Crumplebottom complained about the cold, she sat outside without a coat on! Silly Sim. LOL, I don't think she knows what she wants. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    @Princessss I loved the look on Talis' face in that last screenshot. 'Nothing". LOL Yeah, right. Granny knew. Fun update.
    @DaniRose2143,
    Thank you! At least I have regular group meals under control. Hot pot meals? Nah. Also, I don't want to take away too much autonomy via MCCC Tuner.

Do they move around as much when using that specific table meant for the hot pot meal? Can't think of the name of if, but then again, I never do, but it's the one where their legs and feet slide underneath the table.
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited December 2023
    @GalacticGal,
    I had to double check my post. Did you mean Agatha? Also, she's fine, she's got the Iceproof and Heatproof reward traits! Thank you for your comment, commiserations on your old technology going kaput, but congrats on the new gaming laptop!

And yes, they do that with the kotatsu too.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
    @GalacticGal,
    I had to double check my post. Did you mean Agatha? Also, she's fine, she's got the Iceproof and Heatproof reward traits! Thank you for your comment, commiserations on your old technology going kaput, but congrats on the new gaming laptop!

And yes, they do that with the hotpot table too.

Bummer, I had thought that table, since one can't simply jump up, would have been the solution. Pity, that. Sorry about the name mix-up. I can't keep the Crumplebottom's straight.
    @GalacticGal,
    No worries!
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,600 Member
    edited December 2023
    Congratulations @GalacticGal on your new system. Sometimes it takes a tragedy for an unknown blessing to occur. Reminds me when i first starting playing the sims a few years ago and my old veteran laptop screen failed to light up anymore just, two months into playing. Heartbroken but then suddenly blessed with the means , and contributing gifts to get a new one.
    I'm sure your game will be a lot more fun with the added technology. I need a gaming laptop. You must so happy. Happy for you.
  • BeckyI7FanBeckyI7Fan Posts: 123 Member
    Alisha and Bruno had twin boys. I named them Carl and Chance. I put them in a new home and updated it with a section for the renter of one.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,415 Member
    @Princessss Aww, didn’t know kids could hurt themselves in the cook together animation😭Poor Talis. The dough falling to ground and her reaction were perfect🤣 Fun times with Grandma
    @GalacticGal Oof, glad your husband came with the save, and a gaming laptop! Hope you enjoy the gaming laptop! I got mine 5 years ago and it’s still holding up well. Can’t wait for your updates😁
    @BeckyI7Fan Oo their family is growing😁 Your ABC legacy is going well
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,415 Member
    Got an update tonight, Alexis and Colette meet :

Julie was anxious as she stepped into a local diner. Accompanying her was Alexis, who was as calm as can be. “Mom, calm down. I’m not gonna do anything crazy.” It still didn’t help to calm her. While they waited for Colette to arrive, they requested a table. 6pSjPnb.png
    Julie didn’t cease to be anxious until the moment Colette walked through the doors. She got up her from her seat to welcome and introduce her. o1UODvH.png Just as she reached her however Alexis rose from her seat and headed for the restroom. Colette noticed her and took a seat with her mother. “I hope she didn’t leave to find an escape route.” She joked. “No, don’t worry. She won’t leave. She told me she’s starving, I even told her I’ll treat her tonight.” ELaxVbF.png When she returned to the table, Alexis greeted her. Colette only managed to get out a simple hello. All the words seemed to have exited her mind. jFpXFrH.png The two looked at each other and within seconds were able to tell how different they were. Something told the other their personalities would conflict.. It was one thing to hear from their mother how the other is and think they would connect well, but facing each other but another. 9SWSSCJ.png Taking their seat they checked the menu. After ordering Julie helped to get to the two talking, working almost as a intermediary. YXeWFEF.png She helped greatly especially to guide their conversation, they had moments where one would inadvertently say something much to the others distaste. They still made an attempt to make the best of this gathering. Julie couldn’t help but smile proudly. trZ646x.png After hearing that Alexis worked in PR on social media, Colette was interested in what kind of clients she represented. When she mentioned music artists, Julie bet no one had a better voice than her. She actually began to sing right after. s4YbUzX.png “When you retire from your job Mom, you got a future in music industry.” Alexis cheered. k58K4wU.png

After waiting for over 2 hours for their dinner to arrive the three decided to give up and leave. Alexis was starving and was in no mood to go to another restaurant and wait for their food to be served. Instead she invited her mother and sister to her rental. Their mother promised to treat her to dinner so to make up for it, along the way she bought ingredients to cook spaghetti. Alexis stood by as her sous chef. PcGjWGy.png
    While they cooked, Colette asked her about her hometown of Brindleton Bay. Was it a quiet area? Did her father still live there? Alexis didn’t mind answering her questions. She paused in the middle of her response, groaning angrily. “Forgot to give my Dad a call today. I haven’t called him in a few days, he likes for me to call him often.” JDDOIZU.png “Just give him a call tomorrow, and if he has a problem tell him to call me. ” Julie replied. The spaghetti was ready to be served, the call could wait.. qlYKvRj.png Colette and Alexis felt like they had a somewhat rough start at the beginning but were starting to feel comfortable with each other. kRV555e.png “Nothing can beat this plate of spaghetti.” Alexis said. “I think adding some meatballs could’ve beat it.” Colette joked. The two began to joke over who was right. 5mJ6ixh.png “Girls, girls. There is no wrong plate.” Julie knew they were simply joking but better safe than sorry, she quelled the two. HL1wvHL.png Julie began to enthuse about cooking. “The best part is those two dishes are very easy to cook.” “Good, cause I hate cooking.” responded Alexis. “What, how can you hate cooking? It lets you be creative and imaginative.” Julie was flabbergasted. “Nah I’m with her, I hate it too. I chipped so many nails, or burned myself. The only reason I cook is so my kids and I don’t starve.” Colette intervened. Alexis shook her head in agreeance. lBeyl5c.png Julie couldn’t believe them. “You guys” Atleast they had that in common, she said to herself. GPYwC9E.png The rest of the dinner went by smoothly. Their mother was more than pleased with how this evening turned out. Colette and Alexis could’ve continued to speak for hours into the night, but Julie had to cut it short. She had recently gotten a fear of the dark, and the thought of their commute back home frightened her. She tried to be subtle about it, blaming traffic for their need to leave. Z8nwCcj.png Before leaving Colette invited Alexis to visit her home anytime. So that she could meet her kids and husband. She promised to pay them a visit. Overall Alexis had a fun time meeting her sister, she hugged her goodbye. “Psst..I think mom’s afraid of the dark, don’t get too far from her.” She whispered in her ear. Colette shook her head. WbQPhQe.png

I had multiple runs of them meeting for the first time, for a trial and error purposes. To see which one seemed more organic. This run everything went by smoothly, all interactions were done autonomously by themselves. They both got bad compatibly with each other, but surprisingly by the end of the night reached a full friendship bar.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @GalacticGal congrats on the new gaming laptop! I just got a new one myself last month & am loving it; has plenty of memory & disk space for my present & future games as well as all the normal stuff. BTW, if you ever want to try a new word processing program give LibreOffice a try. It's completely free (no ads, no trial period, etc.), compatible with Word Perfect & they update fairly often.
  • BeckyI7FanBeckyI7Fan Posts: 123 Member
    12-01-23-10-27-40-PM.png
    Carl and Chance aged up to infants four game days later. Carl has the wiggly trait. Chance has an intense trait
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,897 Member
    @DreamPrincess ,
    bit busy days, sorry I had no time to comment, but hey, at least Eachann is cute :p
    @GalacticGal ,
    congrats for new rig! You needed it! Im curious will Kayleigh now get rid of the highlights at her hair she took, OR, as you mentioned you have to roll back a bit, maybe she never takes those at first place :p
    @BlueSeaWaves ,
    YAY, that was so lovely evening. Im glad all went so smoothly :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Ellupelluellu,
    It's all good!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    @DreamPrincess
    I enjoyed your latest entry a lot! And congrats on Tony being fully adopted!

Ah, thank you so much! <3

@Ellupelluellu
    yaaaaay! <3 awesome for Tony! :)

Thank you for commenting on my story! <3

@DaniRose2143
    OMG! Welcome back!🤗 I was just thinking about Tony this past week. Now here he is and he's officially a Mitchell!🥰 I'm so happy for him! He deserved a forever home and now he has the best possible one. Alicia is such a cutie. She is absolutely adorable!❤️

Hey! Glad to be back <3 Thank you so much for commenting on my story!

@Lucy_Henley
    woo! Glad things are going well for Tony! I'm happy that even Tristan and Kassie seem to have a better opinion of Tony. They may not end up best friends for life, but hopefully they can at least be polite/civil towards each other. Alicia is the cutest!

Thank you so much! <3 Yeah, Tony is on much better terms with Tristan and Kassie now :)

@BlueSeaWaves
    P.1280 Hey! Welcome back! I was thinking about Tony and his family earlier this week, what a great surprise! Great to see the family again😁 Alicia’s adorable! Good on Graham catching that Tony needed glasses. Lmao Alicia and Theo always playing in Tony’s room😆 WOW "I was just concerned!" the woman hissed. "There's no need to be rude!” Um, Lady you were incredibly rude first😡
    Glad Lucas managed to turn the sleepover around. Lucas being worried Tony will tell anyone even Tristan is sad but can’t blame him. The pair are definitely friends now🙂

Hey! <3 Thank you so much for the comment :relaxed: Yup, they are certainly friends!

An update within a few weeks, now that's what I call progress, lol.

«Tony… Tony, wake up!»
    NmbVab5.jpg

«Ugh, Ali, I’ve got school in like… four hours… What’s up?»
    «I had a bad bad bad nightmare and now I can’t fall asleep!»
    «Alright, fine, I’ll read you to bed…»
    8UjDUxe.jpg

YL2MRh8.jpg

Tony’s all grown up!
    jzp0Eue.jpg
    More under the cut:
    So Tony’s a teen now and Alicia is nearly a kid. Still loves her building blocks though.
    NcEIHHj.jpg

Being a teen means starting to work on those college resumes. Tony applied for the drama degree on Dad’s brand new computer of the latest model and he obviously got in!
    1KYxFPt.jpg

Another thing to look forward to - Thanksgiving!
    hbsRnDU.jpg

While Graham was preparing the turkey and Allyson was fixing up the mashed potatoes, Tony headed out for a short walk. Not much to his surprise, he stumbled across a few teens he knew quite well practicing their graffiti skills.
    kU9Ycri.jpg

«Hey guys, that looks cool and all, but uh, maybe not on mr. Fredericks property, you know what he’s like…»
    QZrNo2Z.jpg

«He’s out for the weekend in Newcrest, he won’t even know it’s us,» Kassie snickered.
    4QUNCCQ.jpg

«So, Tony, what’s up?» Tristan asked. «Heard you’re off to Britechester to study.»
    «Yeah, I got accepted into drama.»
    «Super cool, man. Super cool.»
    dTOMXJo.jpg

«Yeah,» Lucas quietly agreed. «Way to go, Tony.»
    51TGEl5.jpg

«Thanks, Lucas,» Tony smiled. After that sleepover night he was on much better terms with Kassie and Tristan, which meant he could hang with Lucas more often. They even exchanged friendship bracelets once - he still wore his, even though it was pretty childish. «Are you um- are you applying for drama too?»
    9FreYyy.jpg

«Uh…» Lucas suddenly frowned. «Hey can we talk in private?»
    «Yeah, sure…»
    sN79I4O.jpg

«Don’t you ever feel like they’ve got something… going on?» Kassie muttered when they left.
    «Something like what?» Tristan asked and Kassie shrugged.
    «Just something.»
    zoLK1TP.jpg

Meanwhile, Lucas decided to start from afar.
    «I think it’s awesome that you’re taking the drama degree, Tony. I mean, if anyone’s getting out of this place and heading for their dreams, it must be you.»
    pKqrxYl.jpg

«And what about you? What about your dreams? Don’t tell me you-»
    Y0BMozP.jpg

«I’m getting into surgery, yeah,» quietly said Lucas. Tony sighed.
    9I67hu8.jpg

«Do you even want to be a doctor, Lucas? Is there anything in it that interests you?»
    «The paycheck?» Lucas smiled softly.
    iE3F1vx.jpg

«I just don’t get it! You’re the best in the drama club, mr. Wilson adores you, you can play literally anything and it’s like- it’s like you were born on the stage! And you’re throwing all of that away for a paycheck!? You might do wonders-»
    xvbPQoe.jpg

«And I might become one of the thousand unemployed artists out there in Del Sol Valley who barely make ends meet,» Lucas slightly chuckled.
    cmR9zNX.jpg

«It’s a risk worth taking!»
    Gbvy2jC.jpg

«For you, yeah!» Lucas said in a desperate tone, and his voice broke a bit. «But I’m tired of my parents living the way they are. This isn’t about me. They deserve better. And if I have to put my dreams aside for them, I’m- I’m gonna do that, Tony.»
    Tony sighed. He knew there was nothing he could respond to that.
    lG2XDEg.jpg

So instead, he did what he wanted to do a long while ago and pulled Lucas in an embrace.
    «I hope you find what you’re looking for, Lucas.»
    «Y…yeah. Same goes to you.»
    hEDFK6M.jpg

They stood there for a while as the sun went down. A hug going much longer than it should’ve for two friends. And although Tony wasn’t moving away just yet, for some reason this felt like goodbye.
    VxYsGBv.jpg

«You’re still wearing it,» Lucas chuckled, when they finally let pulled away from each other. «That bracelet I made you ages ago.»
    «Yeah,» Tony replied. He thought he’d feel embarrassed or worried that his still-going crush for Lucas would be obvious, but all he felt was calmness. It felt good not to hide.
    JkiRDZG.jpg

«Sometimes I wear yours too,» Lucas quietly said, and Tony smiled.
    9hDfdIU.jpg

By the time he got home, the feast was ready to begin.
    lhIFJSX.jpg

«Gather up everyone before this turkey goes cold, I didn’t spend four hours on it for nothing!»
    Dk6nTX1.jpg

Tony didn’t feel like going at all. He stayed in his room, staring at the posters on his walls and remembering all of the times Lucas stared at them with him, wide-eyed and full of hope. Life was unfair for him from the start - perhaps even more unfair that it was for Tony. But what if he told him about his feelings? Would anything change? For the better or for the worse?
    l1XWVfi.jpg

A loud noise of his door opening wide got Tony out of his thoughts. It was Ali.
    «You’re gonna miss the turkey, Tony!»
    juiE4hp.jpg

«I um… You go ahead, I’ll come a bit later,» quietly said Tony.
    «Why’s that?»
    «Can’t tell you. It’s a secret.»
    WufYVuQ.jpg

«Pfft,» Alicia muttered. «I’m not going anywhere till you tell me what’s going on!»
    7q8JzjD.jpg

«Well uh... Promise you won’t tell anyone? Even Mom and Dad?»
    KfizIgM.jpg

«Yes yes yes!»
    Cf4O6EV.jpg

Oh boy, Tony thought. What in the world am I getting myself into.
    kcFiDDd.jpg

«So you know how… boys like girls, and girls like boys, yeah?»
    UeMmTfX.jpg

«U-huh,» Ali’s sly smile made it obvious that she was quite aware.
    J32eKsp.jpg

«Well sometimes… that gets mixed up. Sometimes girls like girls and boys… like boys.»
    1C16Qgb.jpg

«Do you like boys. Tony?»
    bCXmFTj.jpg

All Tony could do is nod.
    DsTERKu.jpg

«Why’s that mixed up?»
    «Because it’s wrong.»
    «Why’s that wrong?»
    «Because-» Tony paused.
    kzwdmaU.jpg

«I don’t know.»
    zVdXj92.jpg

«Well you better find out ‘cause I like Mommy and she’s a girl.»
    «Hey, that’s- that’s very different,» Tony nervously chuckled. «You got it all mixed up.»
    «Why’s that different?»
    Tony sighed. Why was it so hard to explain? Maybe because there wasn’t anything wrong with it at all?
    ZPYmor7.jpg

«I won’t tell Mommy or Daddy, but I think you’re the one, who got it all mixed up, Tony,» Ali said. «And the turkey’s getting cold so you better come eat it!»
    Tony couldn’t help but chuckle a bit.
    OMkmr3d.jpg

They celebrated Thanksgiving, and it was one of the best Thanksgiving feasts yet.
    DbVIaUf.jpg

There was lots of jokes, lots of laugher.
    3Jcduh4.jpg

The food was marvellous and Graham couldn’t stop gushing over the fact that he finally got the turkey right.
    a2aspFZ.jpg

They talked a lot about Tony’s future, how proud they were of him getting accepted to college and how they will support him all the way.
    pYkQEKL.jpg

But during the entire evening, Tony couldn’t stop thinking about what Ali said. What if he really was the one who got it all mixed up? What if the entire world did?
    aMnHCsV.jpg

The day after, he gathered his parents for a talk.
    3SceZNb.jpg

«There’s something I’ve got to tell you,» he quietly said, feeling his hands tremble a bit.
    QjGkEiF.jpg

«I’ve lived with you for quite some years now, and you- you became the most important people in my life.»
    «Aw, we love you too, Tony,» Graham chuckled,
    l2LeQqc.jpg

«Yeah,» Tony gave him a nervous look and took a deep breath. «So I think you deserve to know.»
    jvOUgwx.jpg

«I never thought I’d have this. A home. A family. And I’m grateful for it.»
    jLnw6IH.jpg

«You keep telling me that’s the most ridiculous thing to be grateful for, but every time you say that I have this voice in my head that tells me: no. It’s ridiculous for normal people, but for you - for you, Tony, to be a Mitchell is an actual privilege.»
    A9NuUeR.jpg

«That’s why my entire life, I’ve been keeping a secret from you. I thought that If you’d know… I dunno. You wouldn’t want me anymore.»
    cr3CX4y.jpg

«But you’ve always had my back and you always supported me through literally anything I did. You didn’t just foster me like other grownups in my life did - you became my parents.»
    OtE2MmC.jpg

«My Mom and Dad.»
    dALa0oJ.jpg

«And that’s why, I guess… I just don’t really care anymore. I don’t care if you get mad, or angry, or hate me after this, because even if you stop loving me, I won’t stop loving you. Even if this is the end, you still gave me the best childhood possible.»
    NDuQIaq.jpg

«So… guess, what I’m trying to say and what I should’ve said years ago…»
    khTY2pK.jpg

«I’m gay.»
    BKnWsMB.jpg

There was a moment of silence.
    VDFgpyh.jpg

And then there was a sigh of relief from Allyson.
    «Oh thank goodness, we thought you were in a gang or something.»
    DdKBuIG.jpg

«You… what?» Tony couldn’t help but laugh a bit.
    «Well you know, kids get into those all the time these days!»
    tOpecfg.jpg

«Thanks for telling us, son,» Graham smiled. «We’re proud of you.»
    «You are?..» Tony got even more puzzled.
    6MGAD0c.jpg

«Of course we are, you big baby!» Allyson cooed, smooching him all over. «You were always so closed-off and so secretive and we never really understood why. We didn’t want to push you into talking about it, but we’re so happy you finally did!»
    1pftMHG.jpg

«Very, very happy indeed.»
    «Ugh, Dad…» Tony groaned, getting a bit embarrassed.
    9sAgoXI.jpg

But he couldn’t lie, he loved the hugs and kisses he was getting. He felt like a huge burden finally fell of his chest. And for the first time in his entire life, Tony could breath freely.
    9952azh.jpg
    @Koteyka,
    A beautifully written entry. That's got to be a huge weight off Tony's shoulders. Also awesome that Graham and Allyson are supportive of Tony!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited December 2023
    0fAw3Hy.jpg

Despite the sadness of leaving their home, Galileo and Sienna both anticipated new challenges and adventure in Henford-on-Bagley. Given the size of their blended family, they built a large home and Galileo filled it with the works of his own hands: the dining table, chairs, and shelving were all created by Galileo in his own shop. Arriving with four toddlers of varying ages, the young couple put aside their dreams of creating a self-sustaining homestead to focus on taking care of the girls. In time they would have five children: Galileo’s twins by his ex, Marie and Lousia; and three from their own union: Sloane, Rebecca, and Hypatia. The demands this family put on Galileo’s time, combined with his attempts to finish up at college, meant that not only farming, but horse-training and showing went out the window.

As the kids grew older and he graduated, Galileo began putting his attention to bringing the farm to life. A cow and chickens were purchased, and then later a llama, and Galielo created a large vegetable patch to sell. Galileo was not the gifted botanist that his mother was, but he managed well enough to make sales. The less photogenic fruit went to feed the family more directly. The years passed, and soon the older girls were old enough to pitch in with ranch chores. Louisa and Marie took their “jobs” very seriously, especially Louisa who regarded herself as some kind of junior manager who was In Charge when dad was off in Chestnut Ridge, racing and jumping and otherwise showing off Firefly, their champion horse.

This particular household has been quite the roller coaster. When I began it, the girls were toddlers and Galileo was going to university, which is as hellish an experience as a Simmer could want doing the IMBI challenge – even with tricks like putting plates of food on the floor so the toddlers could feed themselves. As said, I made things easier on myself by reducing the age just to get through it. Once they were kids, though, I had a clever idea: GROUPS! When a group is gathering, Sims will autonomously do things they might not otherwise do autonomously, so I made a group for ranch work, a group for self-care, and a group for skill activities the girls would have access to – and voila! Managing them and keeping a garden going got a lot easier.

Current plans: I really like Galileo’s status as an independent farmer , horseman, craftsman, so he’s going to stay the course. I don’t have a favorite among the girls yet, but I’m keeping my eye on Louisa. She aged up to child with short hair and tomboy-ish clothes, so I’m thinking she wants to Be Like Dad and take over the ranch when she hits YA. Rebecca, the second of Sienna’s girls, is also one to watch – she rolled Genius and Loves Outdoors, so she’s possibly this generation’s Ann/Hypatia.

n1C2yMk.jpg
    Uncle Leo playing with his nieces. Galileo is exploring fabrication.

HJR3lED.jpg
    Daddy and his girls

Xn99AkI.jpg
    Louisa (short hair) and Marie play dolls while their younger sisters do toddler things. The girls LOVED THAT DOLLHOUSE. Almost all of them had max social and creativity because of it.

3kweFZu.jpg
    Living room

RKjk8M6.jpg
    From left to right -- Hypatia, Rebecca, Louisa, and Marie, Sloane is off doing her own thing. As you can tell from Marie's top, I'm trying to reflect this family's mix of cultures -- Sulani, Korembi, and Chestnut ridge -- despite the practical clothes of the ranch life prevailing most of the time.

bbmHJVJ.jpg
    Rebecca and Hypatia do their homework while Firefly supervises.

NAFXlOZ.jpg
    Sloane, bless her, rolled "Glutton". It's a very...effective trait.

BHMLboi.jpg
    Sienna ponders why two teenagers are playing with a toddler's toys.

7cbvvl8.jpg
    One of my strategies to help the kids get SOME skills without being able to order them to do it is to litter the lot with skillable objects. Hypatia is the only one who touches the violin.

9kKC1SY.jpg
    Galileo, Louisa, and Firefly

qPRhvTk.jpg
    Ooh, I think I know who Galileo is going to turn to when he becomes a widower in a few days. Flagging you as "no age" for now!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,897 Member
    @Koteyka
    Awesome, , I was weeping here :'(<3<3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,079 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    Page 1277 - 1281 responses.
    @Brd709 Your simself has quite the large family. It’s nice that your sim-self’s daughter asked your simself to be the officiant at the wedding. I don’t see a lot of sim selves in stories, so it’s always cool 😎 when you make a new update!

@Metior_Ice Glad you enjoy my updates! As of the year 2000 my sim self has 12 children spread over three marriages, 18 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren!
    edited December 2023
    @BlueSeaWaves Loved the update. I like that that sisters have found some common ground on which to communicate. Reminds me of how badly my sister and I do sometimes. We are complete opposites!

@Koteyka Very well done.

@Smellincoffee What a delightful update. I love your idea of Groups.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Back for some comments!

@BlueSeaWaves I am so glad to be able to start healing things on Hazel's end, been waiting for that for the longest time, no worries Dec will be okay, just out of the scenes getting treatment and such until I find a way to re-enter him that feels organic and right. Heh and yes, Rainbow struggled but she will be alright, this welcome wagon gives cookies, much better haha!

Also your update was so goood! I loved that it was so organic you could feel it! I kinda held my breath there when the sister first met and kinda fuss at their differences but glad they got a little past that and started to form a bond yay! I love the part about cooking heh.

@mightysprite aaah yes! I am squealing at the beginning of normalcy! So happy myself! Yes, Rainbow is very good at expressing everything, that is kind of the small contrast I've been building around both characters personality. so yay!

@DaniRose2143 The healing process has began and even with snags will only get brighter from both! And hah yes, the only hard part is choosing which kind of cookie heh!

@GalacticGal Woooot! Yay for the new specs! I know you've been waiting for it! Can't wait to see your updates and good lock on your family heritage, that is awesome!

@Koteyka Wonderful for Tony!!!! That takes some deep courage to admit especially when it was such a deep rooted fear for so long within himself, love his parents reactions, and love his little sisters innocent guidance, also feel so sorry for Lucas, but it is understandable too life is like that.

Also gave out awesomes to other stories and gameplay! :) I may be back with another update! Happy simming!
    Starfree wrote: »
    @GalacticGal congrats on the new gaming laptop! I just got a new one myself last month & am loving it; has plenty of memory & disk space for my present & future games as well as all the normal stuff. BTW, if you ever want to try a new word processing program give LibreOffice a try. It's completely free (no ads, no trial period, etc.), compatible with Word Perfect & they update fairly often.

I've used that one before when my last gaming rig had to have a new hard drive put in. The technician was unable to save my Word Perfect, which by the way is a rather high-powered program, and I was devastated by the loss. I actually like OpenOffice over LIbreOffice. But thank you so much for the suggestion. No worries, hubby was able to have my original laptop saved by replacing the hard drive. We have to reformat stuff, but he's seeing a Black Friday sale on Word Perfect and if I can get that one (which he says will be another part of my Christmas gift) I can format in eBook, too. :open_mouth: All is well. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top