Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,030 Member
    edited November 2023
    @BlueSeaWaves Enjoying the Alexis and Julie flashback storyline :)
    I love how Sims always turn to warm up their butts when getting warm in front of a fire :D:D
    rfSkuR4.jpg
    @Lucy_Henley Doesn't everyone do that?? XD

An important phone call comes for Charlie Strachan. He and his girlfriend Aya should talk about it, but just now, there are cute cows to distract themselves with.
    03-25-23-7-17-21-PM.png

more here

• Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,555 Member
    Suzy's article exposing Malcolm Landgraab and his criminal activity is finished but the night before it's published he's still partying. I imagine his mood's going to be very different the next day...

FFB7Dd3.png
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

Rubyn and the Boys (and the goats) solved the second riddle today and found a map!
    Full episode 👉 here at the forum.
    7d461b63752b861fff00922e5b94dc4f6c0f000a.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    BeckyI7FanBeckyI7Fan Posts: 123 Member
    Sorry: I'm not sure how to post screenshots on here

Keisha, my sim couple's daughters' birthday is in 3 game days.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,548 Member
    @Ellupelluellu She says
    🤐😉
    Yeah I wouldn’t mess with Lia when she’s upset 👀 Her eyes look like they’re filled with rage👀
    @GalacticGal I’ll make sure to test it out 😁
    @Lucy_Henley Aw congratulations Michelle and Jessica! The engagement part looks like fun! Oh no, Rip Lily and Freddie😨
    @mightysprite Glad to hear it🙂 That is a cute cow☺️
    @Kellogg_J_Kellogg Moments before disaster for Malcom 👀
    @BackyI7Fan Here towards the middle of the 1st page is a good tutorial for help posting images, and it lists some great image hosting sites: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811263/a-complete-forum-tutorial/p1 Hope you can post pictures of her birthday 🙂
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,348 Member
    BeckyI7Fan wrote: »

@BeckyI7Fan, new members are unable to post photos until they become full members. You will need 25 points, 15 posts and an account older than 24 hours.

Hope this helps...😉
  • Options
    Here is Keisha, my infant being fed
    [url=https://postimg.cc/jwVLNRZj][img]https://i.postimg.cc/jwVLNRZj/11-23-23-12-31-04-PM.png[/img][/url]
  • Options
    > @lisasc360 said:
    > @BeckyI7Fan, new members are unable to post photos until they become full members. You will need 25 points, 15 posts and an account older than 24 hours.
    >
    > Hope this helps...😉

Oh, okay
  • Options
    Here is Keisha, my infant being fed
    11-23-23-12-31-04-PM.png
    I'll quote so it can be viewed in the meantime
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,030 Member
    Hi @BeckyI7Fan and welcome to the forum :) Congratulations on Keisha's birthday, and looking forward to those photos when possible! I gave you some awesomes to help you out

My family is lovely (truly) but something about Thanksgiving just made me want to play the Family Fortune scenario while the turkey was in the oven :D
    I hope your dinner tonight was better than the Landrys' !
    11-23-23-5-30-36-PM.png

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,859 Member
    @Lucy_Henley So sorry for your loss.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,133 Member
    Finally, after one stormy day yesterday, and today's internet troubles, I have an update of my own :)

kbgXGfx.png
    3cm3wpN.png
    j24ggNx.png
    qKYP9MK.png
    PYX15Z9.png

Here

Thank you :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to those who celebrate <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,859 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »

@BeckyI7Fan, new members are unable to post photos until they become full members. You will need 25 points, 15 posts and an account older than 24 hours.

Hope this helps...😉

I can't get this to work, sorry.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Well, I'm screenshotting and saving them.
  • Options
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > I can't get this to work, sorry.

I'm sorry. I didn't see the requirements until after I posted it
  • Options
    Happy Thanksgiving 😁
    @mightysprite lol, I wouldn't have minded to see some drama tonight🤪😇

“Did you hear that?” Talladega’s ear twitched. Talladega’s a fearful horse, Catalina noticed that nearly every single ruffling they hear tends to spook him and leave him on edge. “It’s nothing Tal, promise.” 0K3P9Kf.png
    Talledega knows he heard something. “Don’t disagree with me!” he neighed. “TAAaaal!”2P18DlU.pngCTwNFYq.png “Ok, ok! You did hear something” 01MceZb.png “You’re such a child, Tal” CfqQQUZ.png After getting back on her feet, Catalina looked down. She was relieved he missed. (Didn’t even know that was there until she looked😭) 11-23-23-5-41-39-PM.png

@GalacticGal I changed the area where Talladega sleeps and gave him a glass roof. It works since he's able to eat under it11-23-23-5-20-55-PM.pngWhen it came to sleeping however he still refused. Oh well, as long as the weather doesn't harm him🥲11-23-23-5-23-29-PM.png
  • Options
    > @BlueSeaWaves said:
    > Happy Thanksgiving 😁
    > @mightysprite lol, I wouldn't have minded to see some drama tonight🤪😇
    >
    > “Did you hear that?” Talladega’s ear twitched. Talladega’s a fearful horse, Catalina noticed that nearly every single ruffling they hear tends to spook him and leave him on edge. “It’s nothing Tal, promise.”
    >
    >
    > @GalacticGal I changed the area where Talladega sleeps and gave him a glass roof. It works since he's able to eat under itWhen it came to sleeping however he still refused. Oh well, as long as the weather doesn't harm him🥲

He's a pretty horse
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 970 Member
    Okay, so....last time Hypatia had just started her YA years with two degrees, one in Biology and the other in Physics. She'd also begun visiting San Salvorado (I know it has another name, but that's the only one I can remember and at least I'm consistently wrong about it so you know what I mean).

This update is a wee bit challenging because I've played a great deal, but it didn't result in many exciting shots, and the most exciting bit I forgot to take photos of. So, Hypatia starts off as an uber-scientist: she's got the degree in biology, she's collecting strange samples in the jungle, she's protecting the waters of Sulani, she has two more degrees in physics and communications, and she's ocassionally sent artifacts to authenticate. That's...pretty much what she does for a lot of her YA time. I did a lot of roleplaying, so I'd have her to go the jungles on the weekends to get more samples, and then at the start of every season she'd do videos like "State of the Sulani Waters, Spring III", or "State of the Sulani Waters, Summer I", that sort of thing. She was abducted three times, then got a job offer to become a spy -- so, she'd start going to Strangetown to investigate an ecological problem there. You all know that that particular problem was. Everyone older than her died of old age: Isaac, his half-sister Charlie, and Isaac's dad whose name I forget. You know, my gen 2 heir. :D Jerry, I think?

On the home front, things were interesting. When living in Korembi, she befriended a family I downloaded from the gallery, the Huangs. They're meant to be Chinese, but since I'm so deep in this playthrough all of the Korembi originals are gone, so I wanted to make it distinctly Asian again, and moved in a bunch of families. Hypatia got on well with one fellow, but then realized he was married. Whoopsie, too late, they have a baby boy who I named Leonardo, after Leonardo da Vinci in keeping with this legacy's scientists naming theme. (Also, as a reminder, this is a I'm Surrounded by Idiots challenge, so I can't control anyone else.) Mr Huang was not an absentee father: indeed, he'd come around fairly often. Then his son, now a young adult, asked Hypatia if they could move in together. Storywise, this meant Mr. Huang was sending Hypatia help and trying to do his bit as a father. By the time Leonardo was in his late teens, Hypata and Mr. Huang had another baby boy, Galileo. And then, just to make things awkward, Mr Huang's Son and Hypatia fell in love and poof! New baby! I called this one Chin Neng, after a theoretical physicist still living today.

Then, Hypatia got a phone call: in recognition of her stellar archaeological skills, would she consider a brief sabatticla on Appaloosa Ridge to examine the ruins of a long-gone civilization who left remains in places like Simco Canyon? So, packing up Galileo and Chin Neng, off they went!

(Yep. Took advantage of the sale to pick up Horse Ranch. Now I can really do RDR2 sims proper...)

0pNBcbP.jpg
    YOU ARE A GHOST! STOP WASTING THE FOOOOOOOD!

IYacFMq.jpg
    Hypatia and Leonardo. Don't get attached, he's not the heir.

WhhWQNF.jpg
    Hypatia and Mr Huang Jr

wCf39ck.jpg
    Um, get home...safe....

auiY0Is.jpg
    Mr Huang and Mr Huang Jr, who after getting married to Hypatia REALLY let himself go.

HjEzFFl.jpg
    Science-ing

n40B7xu.jpg
    Assembling ancient artifacts and aiming them at people to see what they do, because SCIENCE!

MmhFu4d.jpg
    Leonardo decides that science is not for him.

TPfsP9W.jpg
    Oh dear.

LEbSrkp.jpg
    Hypatia was such a fierce conservationist that she would totter outside in her panties and pregger-belly to yell at poachers.

nhRE9nC.jpg
    Hypatia, Chen Neng, and Mr Huang Jr.

kpb09UV.jpg
    Why THERE, Hypatia?

pxBDrMB.jpg
    Sabbatical residence in Appaloosa Ridge. And yep, that's the house from RDR1/RDR2. Picked it up off the gallery.

e1YFdcN.jpg
    Chin Neng, Galileo, and Hypatia

8ownqCF.jpg
    Although they're starting their residence in the winter, Hypatia thinks there's promise in some of the outbuildings.

W7L4qGi.jpg
    Getting to work on local ruins

aFXot6O.jpg

WGLkKYa.jpg
    Hypatia looks forward to embracing and integrating the culture of Appaloosa into her own unique Sulani-Korembi background.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Let's try again
    Keisha as a infant w/calm trait
    11-23-23-12-54-28-PM.png
    Keisha as a toddler w/ wild trait
    11-23-23-6-40-18-PM.png
  • Options
    edited November 2023

@BeckyI7Fan add [img.] before the url of the image and [/img.] at the end (without the dots)
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,131 Member
    edited November 2023
    A Death in the Family
    Spring 2000

At my sim self's house one evening my sim self's phone is ringing.
    a21OC3q.png

My sim self answers and it's a call from Willow Creek Hospital.
    8f5fKHt.png

Dr. Penelope Goth: Is this Jason?
    My sim self: Yes, this is him.
    Dr. Penelope Goth: I'm trying to locate your grandson Ryo, I've tried the last number that we have for him but it appears he is no longer in the area.
    My sim self: That's right, he moved away from Newcrest in 1986. He now lives in Britechester with his wife Callia. Do you have something to tell him about? (yes that Callia from the menu screen!)
    Dr.Penelope Goth: Unfortunately yes, it's about his mother.
    My sim self: Oh God
    Dr. Penelope Goth: Her and her husband were involved in a serious car accident a few days ago. Unfortunately her husband was pronounced dead at the scene when emergency services got to them. His mother Miki made it to hospital but she sadly passed away the next day.
    My sim self: Oh Jeez! Thank you for letting me know, i will be sure to let him know straight away.

Vk8TvT3.png

My sim self shares the tragic news with his wife Emily. My sim self want's to invite his grandson Ryo for a stayover so he can tell him about his mother's passing. Emily thinks this is a good idea and he can bunk down with Jacob in his room:
    mQtibsq.png

The next evening after work, Ryo arrives to stay with his grandfather, my sim self. He welcomes Ryo for the next four days:
    xkx20B7.png

Ryo sits down and enjoys dinner with his family (they all ran away by the time i had the camera framed properly!) He updates my sim self on Callia and their kids Daniel and Amelia who are infants now.
    LrggGCf.png

After dinner, my sim self sits Ryo down ready to tell him about the news about his mother.

My sim self doesn't beat around the bush and explains to Ryo what happened. Ryo asks what happened to Miki's husband's children (her step children) My sim self explains that for the time being they are being cared for by another family member.
    akahO3d.png

Ryo suddenly has an emotional moment where he breaks down and shouts some forbidden words!
    YG3LYb3.png

Ryo storms off to his room and has a long cry about his mother. He later emerges from his room feeling slightly better and asks my sim self if he can go to Mt. Komorebi to see his other grandparent's Kado and Jenna Akiyama and see how they're doing. My sim self offers to drive him up there the following day. He also want's to visit Miki's second husband Enele who also lives there as all of his mother's furniture and belongings are still in his house and would like to collect a few things.

My sim self and Ryo set off for Mt. Komorebi early the next day. First stop on the trip is Enele's house:
    TlFwhJm.png

As my sim self and Ryo are greeted by Enele's wife, they both see Ryo's mother's furniture which she moved in with her when she married him in 1986:
    oJ7XaE0.png

Miki's furniture in her first house with her childhood sweetheart and first husband Tommy (my sim self's first born son who died in 1985) and their first son Adam who was murdered in 1982:
    Q3lQBLI.png

My sims self explains to Enele what happened to Miki and her husband. Enele is gutted about Miki and even though they had their differences, he did care about her while they were married. Ryo explains that there are still some of her belongings in her old bedroom which he would like to collect. Enele tells them they can go upstairs and have a look around:
    i2RnV0j.png

As they walk along to the staircase, Ryo finds some pictures of his family hanging on the walls downstairs:
    A photo of their old cat Cleo, a rather blurred picture of Tommy and his sister, Sienna Bheeda and a picture Ryo's father Tommy with his Aunt:
    SJiuMFo.png

As they approach Enele's bedroom, they stop and pause. Still hanging on the wall are enlarged photo's of Miki and Tommy's University graduation picture's which Miki put up when she moved in with Enele:
    uXlxa2w.png

Miki's University Graduation Picture:
    6rB6Ero.png

Tommy's University Graduation Picture:
    kbbiO6p.png

They stand there in silence for a few moments looking at the two pictures. My sim self well's up as he looks at Tommy. This is the first time he has seen an image of Tommy since his death in 1985.
    jcUthuk.png

After a while, they sit on the bed and reminisce about the fun times they had with them. My sim self recalls how Tommy became a young father just out of high school. He got Miki pregnant with Adam in 1980 and they married the following weekend!

Flashback to 1980
    Tommy Proposing to Miki after finding out she is pregnant:
    o0KIOUO.png

Tommy and Miki saying their I Do's
    zHKUZBN.png

The exchanging of the rings:
    hcyxFSf.png

You may kiss the bride!
    oOI2Yz6.png

The wedding cake:
    GXNCPK8.png

The wedding party arriving at my sim self's house. Yes, this is the same house he is in the present save!
    H4r4lmS.png

Everybody dance now!
    ixI2FuO.png

Back to the story

Next on my sim self's and Ryo's trip in Mt. Komorebi is a visit to Ryo's other grandparent's Kado and Jenna Akiyama.
    mx2LlT2.png

Kado is at home and invites Ryo and my sim self in. Kado hugs Ryo and asks him how he is. He says he's getting through this with the help and love from his family. He says that his other grandfather has been a wonderful host to him over the past few days. Miki's brother Taku, now married with one child is also at home and greets both my sim self and Ryo. They sit down in the lounge room and begin to arrange a service for Miki. They all agree that they don't want a big service but a service with immediate family could be held in the back yard. Apparently Miki had arranged to be cremated when she had married her third husband Bradford Shaw.
    EAxvNSs.png

The following morning my sim self, Ryo, Jenna, Kadu, Taku and his wife Erika all meet in the back yard. They all say a few words about Miki before they say their final goodbyes. They all choose a memory about Miki which they remember. Flowers are laid on Miki's head stone by her father, mother and grandson Ryo.
    as4LBoI.png

Once the service has ended, Ryo thanks my sim self for helping him getting through a difficult time and they head back home to Newcrest
    x4bx14a.png

Back home Ryo's stayover has ended and he thanks everyone for letting him stay and helping him say goodbye to his mother:
    G7MtH65.png

As Ryo picks up his suitcase, he looks sad as he leaves my sim self's house to head back home:
    yfXBvUh.png

Backstage trivia: I conjured up this fitting update as i had discovered Miki Akiyama and her husband and his children were all culled from the game. Miki's icon no longer shows up on Ryo's family tree and is not recognised as his mother in the game in general any more.
    Post edited by Brd709 on
  • Options

This is the third riddle of our Interactive Clue Hunt. If you want to start from the beginning, click 👉 here
    Full episode in the story thread is 👉 here
    aab44467a4ca5391f1ebda4d693e03ac2cadbe2b.jpg
    640ebaba006a1c510b04dd5e5b2d73d45c14f5f5.pnj

Rubyn and the Boys took the route to the right from the waterfall as the map showed. That's the only landmark from the old map to use as a rough guide...
    c8c5ca9c54e3a72f2275cb2e9466110b68eb7e20.jpg

After a few hours Rubyn shouted: "I can see a crashed plane! This must be it!"
    9e147d6b459fc01d24eda909cd45bb4b823a6b22.jpg
    👇
    Saiwa: "Wow. It's huge!"
    0361f0e7ee9b276a812b946cabfd6d2a0e54249c.jpg

And again the helicopter! The plane is not covered by the canopy...
    ca079fd15d042ebdbc4a3564ef53e694c01228ca.jpg

Jeb: "We better hurry."
    bd2713611b1383e22fd3a483f814a92441aceac1.jpg

They searched the surroundings. There had been no hint in the map what they should do here...
    Vlad: "The tv is broken..."
    Ji Ho: "Who keeps a hamster here?"
    66eeaed46580d968befad7a8dd38e5c14cea4a8c.jpg

Jeb: "No fish for dinner..."
    8d4eb2778b10624068204cdac86ad2c9cd24ce60.jpg

Jack: "Armadillos! Come over here! Armadillos!"
    Saiwa: "Omg Jack! We're not here for the Armadillos!"
    71c6f79632136934d66648d4b4f4867f911b6371.jpg

Jack: "But here is a monitor! And it works!"
    Now Jack had their attention ^^'
    a305d249884e9a76a7a908909e571d52c34b2404.jpg

Jack switched through the channels... until...
    Ji Ho: "Oh, there's an image! Try to tweak a bit!"
    e553d95cbcb80db28c8ced50fd95e57575db50b9.pnj
    👆
    Saiwa: "'Where did Jack buy his Armadillo?' Who is this Professor Callahan and how does he know so much about us? Jack, I swear if you are behind this..."
    Jack: "I swear I'm not! And if: I would certainly not be that dumb and call myself 'Professor Callahan'!"
    fced0351e7b5d33b9f7b712bfdc65061846fd564.pnj
    Here is a hint: > HINT <
    Please do not spoil. If you want to vote for your guess, click -> here (the poll is at the end of the post).
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,092 Member
    I have a lot of catching up to do. I've been trying to remember to at least drop in and leave awesomes for everyone.😁

@BeckyI7Fan Welcome to the forums.🙂 Keisha is adorable❤️ We're all looking forward to seeing her adventures!

@Brd709 Oh no!😟 Condolences to Ryo and the whole family. You did a wonderful job writing up a tragic event.

I hit a snag with the next Schemes chapter. I flew through the first part with Anna, Ray, and Judith. Then I got to Thorne and Octavia and I quickly realized that I really hadn't worked out where their story had gone since the last time we saw them. I've been taking my time over the last couple of days trying out different paths that their storyline could take. I'm getting close to finding one that I like and that fits them. I didn't notice how much Mimi, Anna, and Ray had been occupying my imagination until I tried to write for one of the neglected characters. I've been watching Thorne and Octavia and collecting screenshots while I sort out where they're headed.😁

55TScTm.png
    NAPC4ay.png

I also noticed another small problem I'm working on with the Bailey-Moons. When I downloaded their lot I took it for granted that Orange had a bedroom. He didn't. All three bedrooms were set up for adults. You don't see that very often. Most lots with two or more bedrooms have one for adults and all the others are setup for kids. I'm still searching for sets that are a good fit for boys. Even with all the cc I have I don't have much cas or bb stuff for kids, not that Orange is going to become a major character.😁 It's supposed to snow here tonight and tomorrow and I find days like that are great for my creativity so I have a good feeling I can wrap this one up very, very soon
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 Thanks, I am considering buying High School pack next month
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,992 Member
    I didn’t play yesterday since I wasn’t feeling well and didn’t really feel up to it. But I’m feeling better today thankfully. I’m looking forward to playing Michelle’s wedding, it’s a Winterfest one! Then Nicola ages up soon so I can plonk the family into the royal save and finally have Oliver and Nicola meet… should be fun!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top