Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited November 2023
    @GalacticGal, page 1281.
    It's been a long time since I wrote like that!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

'Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its 5-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.'

Well not exactly. Only to Selvadorada. But we had so much fun today! 🛸
    Full episode 👉 here at the forum.
    3c8cf63b987dda734ed095a5591ea20f2da531c7.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 3,014 Member
    The Wilson family has had a couple more fires. They seem to start whenever Chris uses the pizza oven, unfortunately. He needs to be careful! I know hot fresh pizza is tasty, but if your cooking skills aren’t that great, you should really exercise caution when using a device that has actual flames in it that aren’t fully contained (as opposed to a normal kitchen oven with a door).
    Michelle has officially enrolled in a Distinguished Physics degree, and is on her first day of classes. She hasn’t actually been to class yet, but she’s been busy preparing. She’s already mastered rocket science and is level 8 in robotics and level 7 (I think?) with handiness, so she’s definitely ready for her degree.
    Nicola hasn’t written any guitar songs for a bit. She’s focusing on school for now. I’m thinking of having her do a Psychology degree, so she’s been working on the relevant skills (charisma, logic and research and debate).
    Chris I’m not so sure about. I feel like I’ve had loads of Sims do biology! Fitness is also good for the Villainy degree, but Chris just isn’t that kind of Sim. Maybe he could skip university altogether and just join the athletic career from the bottom of the ladder.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    The Wilson family has had a couple more fires. They seem to start whenever Chris uses the pizza oven, unfortunately. He needs to be careful! I know hot fresh pizza is tasty, but if your cooking skills aren’t that great, you should really exercise caution when using a device that has actual flames in it that aren’t fully contained (as opposed to a normal kitchen oven with a door).
    Michelle has officially enrolled in a Distinguished Physics degree, and is on her first day of classes. She hasn’t actually been to class yet, but she’s been busy preparing. She’s already mastered rocket science and is level 8 in robotics and level 7 (I think?) with handiness, so she’s definitely ready for her degree.
    Nicola hasn’t written any guitar songs for a bit. She’s focusing on school for now. I’m thinking of having her do a Psychology degree, so she’s been working on the relevant skills (charisma, logic and research and debate).
    Chris I’m not so sure about. I feel like I’ve had loads of Sims do biology! Fitness is also good for the Villainy degree, but Chris just isn’t that kind of Sim. Maybe he could skip university altogether and just join the athletic career from the bottom of the ladder.

Make his major culinary so he can at least learn how to cook, poor dear.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,546 Member
    edited November 2023
    @DaniRose2143 the game does have some great facial animations. You just have to be quick enough to catch them.

@Ellupelluellu nice collection of pics. I really need to have my sims paint more. I really enjoy it.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,394 Member
    @simgirl1010 I've gotten fairly good at spotting when certain expressions are about to happen, but after all these years the game still delivers little surprises.🙂
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 1,008 Member

The Tale of Jerry

Jerry closed his teen years by attending prom, and – well, he evidently had a good time, because within a few days a young woman arrived in Sulani named Melanie, and said that she and Jerry had fallen in love at prom and gotten married. He’d already made plans to explore Mt Korembi with friends, but promised he’d return to Sulani soon. Ann was surprised and baffled at this turn of events, but Melanie was a pleasant enough young lady. The women soon forged a bond out of their mutual confusion and concern over Jerry, who evidently had such a good time exploring Korembi he decided to stay a while.

1RFMpVl.jpg

eHUvgfd.jpg
    It soon became evident that Jerry and Melanie’s passionate fling was going to bear fruit, and they sent repeated messages trying to get in touch with him. He appeared, however, to be a moving target. Gossip would place him at wild raves on the Bluffs in Windenberg, then at art shows in San Myshuno, or back at Mt Korembi where he’d developed a passion for snowboarding. Finally, a year later, he made his return to Sulani where he found a very angry mother and a heartbroken wife waiting for him – and a young baby boy, Isaac. (In keeping with this Legacy’s scientist naming theme, Isaac is for Isaac Newton. Or Isaac Asimov, who did have a PhD in chemistry…)

mfG2Wr8.jpg
    At the rave

qm3lSEX.jpg

Jerry couldn’t explain himself beyond stammering that he’d gotten excited and made a mistake (here Melanie left the room crying), but was back to make amends and own up to his responsibilities. Things were never quite the same after that, though, and the Bennett household became an unhappy one. Jerry pursued athletics, as he’d wanted, becoming a superstar with the nickname “Big Chill” – a name that was born of his huge size, his mellow attitude to life, and his fondness for the cold mountains. Things remained difficult on the home front: Melanie disappeared, perhaps too unhappy to live with a man who had largely married her in a fit of young passion.

ICrHJ0N.jpg

Whatever his failings as a husband, Jerry was a wonderful and attentive father: he and Isaac were inseparable. Jerry ended short what might have been a long career by pursuing other job opportunities when they arose: he was a sitcom star for a while and even broke into the movies, but then abruptly quit when he was offered a position as a coach in San Sequoia. Young Isaac was by then on the threshold of his teen years, and Jerry made the unexpected decision to move there, briefly, to give Isaac an idea of what life was like outside the islands. He had other reasons.

r4IQHqC.jpg

One day a young girl Isaac’s age had approached Jerry while he fished, and timidly told him that she was her father – and Jerry, who alone knew how many affairs he’d engaged in during that year of reckless adventure, knew it was probably true. After building a home in San Sequoia, he invited young Charlene (“CHARLIE!”) to move in with him and Isaac. He also hunted down his father, Mitchell Kalani, who had left Sulani when Jerry was just a boy. They restored their relationship not a moment too soon, because Mitchell died within a couple of days of moving in.

eQ6KTjk.jpg
    Jerry's house. This is a two-story I built, but they're only using the ground floor: the 'study' became a bedroom, and the dining room a gym/skill room.

Isaac and Charlie bonded incredibly quickly, and when Isaac graduated early he was infuriated to learn that Charlie wasn’t allowed to live in Brichester because she wasn’t going to college. He declared he wasn’t going to go to college, and Ann and Jerry both decided to see if they could change his mind by telling him he’d have to start his young life the way Ann had: from the ground up. They’d give him §5000 and their best wishes, but he would need to prove himself worthy of the title of Heir. Oh, and no cheating by just renting an apartment. As Isaac set forth to create his own life, Charlie tagging along behind him, Jerry – increasingly depressed by his job as a hedge fund manager - -decided to go back to Sulani.

fY2z03U.jpg
    Charlie and Jerry

uGWnGGj.jpg
    We've only had one mysterious death at the start of gen 3, so we're only averaging .5 deaths per generation. That's pretty good!

nLtvk2o.jpg
    Bartender: This not-a-beer has a larger head than I do. Heheheh.

dXUBhxz.jpg
    Isaac is a teenager!
    =============

The above pretty much happened. Jerry did meet a girl at prom, and he proposed ‘the next day’ – which was the morning after when they’d kept the party going at the Copperdale pier. But, I’d planned for Jerry to go adventuring, so that’s what he did. I also had him accept any job offer he was given as a mini-challenge (kind of like Ann keeping Evergreen Harbor and Sulani clean), and regardless of the job he’d come home burned out almost immediately. Melanie really did just disappear, and when I checked the family tree she showed up as dead. There’s no urn/gravestone on the grounds, so I have no idea what became of her. I played through Jerry’s life all in one three-day weekend. I’ll try to pace Isaac out a bit more!
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 3,014 Member
    @GalacticGal good idea! Sims just seem to use the pizza oven and waffle maker autonomously. Even if there are leftovers in the fridge. I’m not sure what Chris’s cooking skill level is. Most Sims seem to maximise the cooking skill anyway, even if they aren’t chefs.
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,565 Member
    Jeremy reassures Barbara that he's not going to get caught spying on the Landgraabs, even though she's very concerned that he's playing a dangerous double game.

64iSiXb.png
  • Options

Today we started a new Chapter 🗺️
    5160a3890fa7c4aef6ab73f6b5dd27e0f51d6857.jpg
    The UFO dropped them near their accomodation 🌴
    Made out of worn-out SFS fright containers. Enviornment friendly, cheap and cool (said Jack) ^^'
    Poor Ji Ho didn't take the flight very well and Jeb put him to bed.
    Full episode 👉 here at the forum 🦟
    c0907dcd696971250223f17abe8ffc52b81c0337.jpg
    🦟
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,675 Member
    @GalacticGal P.1281 Hope you get a chance to play. Hope the errors on the book are able to be fixed, 1961 wow!
    @Ellupelluellu P.1281 I hardly ever have my sims paint, forgot the painting from reference was an option. Love the shot of the clock tower! So beautiful
    @DreamPrincess P.1281 I love Tammy keeping an eye on Roddy while he’s tending to the garden☺️ Wow that looks delicious Benjamin😋 Enjoyed Roddy helping his Hamish with the nightmare☺️
    @Lucy_Henley P.1282 More fires😵‍💫 I agree with GalacticGal, maybe culinary for Chris.
    @Smellincoffee aw feel sad for Melanie. At least Jerry was a better father.Lmaoo the bartenders head😂😳
    @Kellogg_J_Kellogg Nicee a double agent, good luck Jeremy
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves,
    Thank you! Princess Roddy cares deeply for his young siblings.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    @GalacticGal P.1281 Hope you get a chance to play. Hope the errors on the book are able to be fixed, 1961 wow!

Yes, this history book is on my Sevier family. They go all the way back to the America Revolution, in the colonies. Earlier elsewhere. I'm still ploughing through records. Most of the information is correct. There are just a few errors' here and there and since my branch got left out --- all they had was Helen or Ellen for my third great-grandmother, that needs to be addressed, toot sweet. I confess, I really, really, REALLY miss playing my game. So, just yesterday when the records kept eluding me, and before I got totally frustrated, I decided to turn on my game and see what's what. I got all the way to Sunday in my game, they arrived at the PBP Studios Lounge but that's where the game went wonky on me. Or maybe I should rephrase that. I went a little wonky on the game. I attempted to remove the Christmas tree from the studio, then had an immediate change of heart and exited build mode. However, I don't know just what I hit, but the TV studio portion of the second floor must have gotten turned. It wasn't right, and I could no longer find the stage. Yeah. GalacticGal strikes again! I ended up having to exit without saving, as once again the Host (who was just downstairs in the parking lot when my Sims arrived) never made it upstairs. :open_mouth: I may have to do a game repair before I play.

Nearly wrecked my MAIN family tree this morning. After managing to put the profile of my fourth great-grandfather back together again, I decided to call it quits for now. Sheesh I've become a one-woman wrecking ball. :open_mouth:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    @GalacticGal All the way since the revolution! Thats amazing. As for the game 😵‍💫 at least you were able to exit without saving. Crisis averted!

Catalina's engagement was broken off. She was left devastated. Talladega was a real pal, he stayed by her at all times. (The Rainbow looks like its coming out of his ear😆) 11-11-23-5-12-02-PM.png Dani apologized for the incident that set off the chain of events. Catalina accepted, but it was too late to save the engagement. She heard her ex left Chestnut Ridge. 11-10-23-8-13-55-PM.png To help her recover Talladega was a much better sport about letting Cat ride him. He stopped trying to knock her off...for now 11-10-23-7-35-44-PM.png
    Also see what I mean about him always ruining the pic 🤣
  • Options
    Haha @BlueSeaWaves took me a moment to figure out what was wrong. :p
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,463 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves ,
    lol at the last pic :p But in first pic Talladega looks like it 110% understands her pain <3

Update of my own:
    idKehyM.png

EsgZefF.png

fkXpWLf.png

kVzdsDB.png

here

Thank you :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves Thank you.
    I feel so badly for Catalina. Is there an update I missed? Or, is what happened not yet been told?
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves Umm, you weren't kidding about Talladega.😲 He really is a sim, no impulse control.🤣
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 lmao taking a screenshot with his entire body showing is basically me checking if everything is fine😭
    @Ellupelluellu Right!☺️ Haha the last picture cracks me up😆
    @GalacticGal You didn’t miss it, I’ve just been somewhat vague updates with her. What happened, will be told later on🙂
    @DaniRose2143 😆 no control at all. Ngl he tests my patience whenever he does that😭 I still love him tho🥲
  • Options
    I was trying really hard to stay awake long enough to finish Liberty and Matteo's honeymoon chapter, but sleep wins. I will finish up tomorrow. In the meantime a couple of teasers...

M9OgD75.png
    kvCe1tE.png
    Y1c6kZP.png
  • Options
    The final chapter of Liberty and Matteo's honeymoon is ready! Eighteen new pages of screenshots added to my Imgur later!😲

4I5xE5i.png

Under The Tartosan Sun: Chapter Forty Four
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 yay!

Faith aged up to infant. I'm having so much fun with her. 💗

Hannah was completely enthralled with her baby girl. She dearly loved her husband but what she felt for Faith was fierce, protective, and totally unconditional.

UOkGRmN.png

More here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18326616#Comment_18326616
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,178 Member
    edited November 2023
    @Brd709
    P.1280 Lol I’m cracking up🤣 I looked at the peaceful photo of the outside of the house covered in snow and when I read “clothes dryer catches fire” I then notice the fire. Not so peaceful after all🤣 Oh my goodness! The inside! I’m glad Steve had a change of heart😵‍💫 That was a roller coaster of emotions. Niceee the 2000s are here😁 Oh my Bitty, great makeover after! Oof, laid off. Aw I love the moodlet of ‘Promising Pizza’. I enjoyed this update greatly😁

@BlueSeaWaves Glad you enjoyed this update. The 2000s are finally here, I imagine it won't be long before i'm over taking 2024 next year!
  • Options

Saiwa tried to find out if anyone here knows about Professor Callahan. But the villagers don't like strangers asking too many questions ö.Ö'
    Meanwhile Jeb issues the others with an ultimatum...
    Full episode 👉 here at the forum.
    451aa2df0183755c4c3af89eec46198d5702df9d.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 8
    This took place over three gaming sessions, as I only had a very little amount of time to play. Which I did after the mess I nearly made of my main family tree. Oi! It was definitely time for a break!

New Year, New Start, a NEW Erik Cantrell Save

Erik returned from the recording studios where he was busy laying down more tracks for his forty-first album. Shadowfax, as if he knew Erik had returned met him in the front of the house. Apparently, the stead wanted to talk. The Rock Star was used to this. The two ‘spoke’ often. Erik gazed up at him, knowing just what it was the horse was feeling. Mostly because he was feeling the same thing. “I know, Shadow, it’s hard when your little filly isn’t a filly anymore. But that’s the problem with offspring. They have this really annoying habit of growing up and needing us fathers less and less. What are we to do? Don’t be grieved you’ve done a fine job of rearing her. I promise you. You’ve got your Arwin and I have my little Cadence who is just as tall as her mother already. We do what we can do, Buddy. It’s going to be all right. How about you go practice your advanced jumps for now, take your mind off of things.”
    RKrnKt7.jpg

Shortly after this conversation Cadence brought Arwin out front. She and the filly had developed quite a relationship from the time Cadence was still a child. She made it clear, that she was to be the very first person to take Arwin out for a ride. Erik stood there, watching. Shadowfax had his moments, in the beginning, throwing Erik off of him, mostly because Erik was wholly unskilled at riding. He hoped that his youngest had learned enough to keep her safe. She did go on a few unauthorized rides on Lady Galadriel when she was almost too little to be up that high. We learn by doing, the father thought to himself, as he watched, tamping down his own misgivings.
    “Okay, Girl, I’m just going to get up on your back now. Don’t get spooked. Do you like the riding gear I picked out? I like lavender just like Harmony does. I think it’s pretty. And it looks so nice on you.” Cadence gently talked as she put her hands on the pummel, her left boot in the stirrup and began to hoist herself upward. Gone were the days a horse would crouch down for her so she could climb ‘aboard’.
    VVTki3m.jpg
    Erik was pleased with how the thirteen-year-old managed.

Later on, as if she heard her mother call for a family meeting, the two came galloping home. Kayleigh had already mounted her horse, expecting to go find the girl, hoping she hadn’t had a mishap when she seemed overlong upon returning. They were all relieved when Cadence made her, not-quite-out-of-control, hurried appearance.
    “I was just coming to find you two,” the mother said.
    “It was time to come home,” Cadence said with a smile. “We had a very nice first ride.”
    gfZd9lZ.jpg

Riding into the yard through the front gate, Cadence had a momentary problem with Arwin. As she often did as a filly, the horse grew tense. “Calm down, Girl.” Cadence worked the reigns as the young mare suddenly reared up, her front legs clawing at the air.
    “Easy, Girl, easy. Don’t you dare buck me off. Whoa . . .”
    QiblATw.jpg

“Steady, there, Cadence, don’t lose control,” Kayleigh tutored from her stead.
    Arwin, what is your problem. Don’t you dare. Oh, don’t you dare.”
    9XVByeC.jpg
    “That-a-girl, nice job, Sweetheart,” Kayleigh said as Arwin regained a four-hoofed stance.

“Okay, I’m dismounting, now. Steady, steady as she goes,” Cadence said, as she eased out of the saddle and off the horse.
    7yYsw4s.jpg

Coming up to the young mare, Cadence took a moment to scratch the horse's neck and to have a little ‘chat’ with her.”
    “It’s fine, Arwin. I promise adolescence will pass. We’re both going through it together. We can do this.”
    jXnFqIV.jpg

As promised, Kayleigh held her family meeting. She gazed at each one of them, as they all took seats around the dining room table. “We are a big household,” she began. “And we all have our chores to do, and the animals to tend to. Homework to complete. I just hope you’ll understand my pleas for some additional help. This is a tad beyond just straightening up and cleaning.”
    wjBoOmV.jpg

“What your mother is saying is, we have five bathrooms in this house and, sometimes a toilet breaks or a sink decides to spout water like a geyser. And yes, Andrew, we’ve noticed you are quick with a mop and that’s great. But, if you would each attempt to learn how to use the wrench kept in each bathroom to fix things, it would relieve your mother of so much work. Trust me, I have fixed many a toilet and sink in my time. None of us are above such manual labor. Not even Global Superstars.
    "This is not to say we don't appreciate how much each of you put toward keeping this house clean and tidy. We do, deeply," Kayleigh was quick to add.
    Cadence was first to get up and walk out of the room, plate in hand. “Is that what that funny looking thing is for?” She said, as she left. Moments later, she was found in the guest bathroom between the kitchen and the music room.
    4Zt585S.jpg
    “Hope I’m doing this right. Oh, my gosh I did it!”

She left the small room, jubilant. “Toilet is fixed! Allowance, please.”

All for now. I have more to post, but I will do so later--- perhaps at the end of the day. Thanks for reading!

At least my game, after yet another repair, is behaving. I got very rattled after I managed to add my fourth great-grandfather's second wife's prior husband and by mistake overwrote my direct ancestor in the process. :open_mouth: Then I realized his parents and grandparents were suddenly missing from my Main tree. Yeah, GalacticGal struck again. Sometimes, it's so hard being me. LOL No worries, I do believe I got things all repaired. Now, I have to go doublecheck! (I won't mention this was years of research obliterated.)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top