Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feeling dim for fun and profit, or not

Well I feel remarkably idiotic right now. Since the eldest of one of my sims dreams of being an alchemist (it's her LTW even) I sent her down to city hall to register as a self employed alchemist. Only that wasn't an option. So I quit without saving since I hadn't done anything else yet in-game. As I was adding a new EP to my list did I realize... I haven't installed Ambitions on my desktop yet, only my laptop since I was out of town when I bought it.

Doh!

Have you guys had brain toot moments like that?
Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I've downloaded content and mod updates, shut my computer down, and gone to bed without remembering to install them, then had a temper tantrum (my verison of that is pretty mild) when I couldn't find them in-game or nothing got updated. How I expected this stuff to leap out of the place I downloaded them to, unzip themselves, and jump into my game folder while I was sleeping, I have no idea.

Does that count? :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I have went in game soooo many times after MAKING a pattern to go take modeling screenshots.Keyword "making"..I forgot to actually install them. :( Do it all the time and make patterns daily so it comes down to me being a goofball. :|
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2016
    igazor wrote: »
    I've downloaded content and mod updates, shut my computer down, and gone to bed without remembering to install them, then had a temper tantrum (my verison of that is pretty mild) when I couldn't find them in-game or nothing got updated. How I expected this stuff to leap out of the place I downloaded them to, unzip themselves, and jump into my game folder while I was sleeping, I have no idea.

Does that count? :p
    Something like this :D ?

Friends.%2BRoss.%2BMad.%2BAngry.%2BWorried.%2BConcerned.%2BAnxious.gif

Something similar happened to me once, when I had reinstalled my game, opened it, to find out I had put in all my Store content, but indeed forgot to install it. That's when there were little trains growing out of my sims' house :mrgreen:

Edit: oh, and that one time I moved my sims to another world via the bin, to find my husband being unemployed all of a sudden. It took a while before I realized why: forgot to put in the gipsy wagon;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Glad it's not just me. I'd taken advantage of the current 30% off code to get Into the Future. Mainly wanted plumbots, but the entire thing is amusing. And I LOVE the all-in-one bathroom. Saves so much time for the sim before work. But while messing around I did something kinda 🐸🐸🐸🐸 again. I gave one of the plumbots the Office Drone chip. Then I for some reason expected it to do well in the Law Enforcement career. Except it can't learn skills. I haven't learned how to make those trait chips yet.

Also got a nannybot (but no children) and a janitorbot on that sim. Which might be a tad excessive with a single sim living in shell of a house (still building it). But yeah, that's another thing my sleep deprived brain thought was a Good Idea... tearing down the current house and selling all the furniture just before heading into the future.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.