Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims 4 game is so jealous of Sims FreePlay!

manda9801manda9801 Posts: 190 Member
I just saw an ad that Sims FreePlay has pre-teens. It feels like everything I want in the Sims 4 is available in FreePlay. I'm impatient, don't pay to advance in mobile games, and uninterested in the style of FreePlay, but dang why do they get all the good stuff?

I'm guessing that it is easier to update and costs less? I also realize that it has been out longer than Sims 4, but looking at this list of things it has http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_FreePlay makes me wish/hope they were in Sims 4. I'd probably spend a lot more time playing it. I primarily play Sims 3.

I'm not bashing Sims 4 at all. The verdict is still out for me. I know I can't compare it to all the expansions, CC, stuff packs, etc that I have with Sims 2 and 3 so I'm waiting... But, do you all agree? Do you all wish those features were in Sims 4?
Kevin VanOrd of Gamespot gave this game a 6/10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the 2 main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists"

Comments

• TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited May 2016
    If you ever played freeplay longer than 5 minutes, you will never be jealous at it again...

"Ohh, i want my sim to read a book, now i need to wait 1 hour to make the next interaction"
  • More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    If you ever played freeplay longer than 5 minutes, you will never be jealous at it again...

"Ohh, i want my sim to read a book, now i need to wait 1 hour to make the next interaction"

That XDDDD LOL
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • manda9801manda9801 Posts: 190 Member

haha! I downloaded it once and only got a few minutes in before I found out that it was one of those games that wanted me to suffer or pay real money. I'm way too impatient for that. I do wish they would all those things to Sims 4 though! Here's hoping I guess!
    Kevin VanOrd of Gamespot gave this game a 6/10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the 2 main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists"
  • GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    I played Freeplay for an hour, stopped playing it. I hate the real time, it's just a huge cash grab.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

Lol. That was my first thought when I saw the thread title. :) I've been playing Free Play for a few years now and definitely not a fan of real time gameplay. Right now I'm waiting 8 hours for my sims to finish gardening.

Lol. That was my first thought when I saw the thread title. :) I've been playing Free Play for a few years now and definitely not a fan of real time gameplay. Right now I'm waiting 8 hours for my sims to finish gardening.

Oh that sounds painful. Who could garden for 8 hours straight realtime anyway? haha
    Okay so if you compare Sims 4 to FreePlay then it gets moved to the Freeplay section? Wow.
    What if I change the title and compare FreePlay to Sims 4? I wanted to talk with people that PLAY SIMS 4 to see if they feel the same way not people that PLAY FREEPLAY.
    edited May 2016
    But some of us do play Sims 4. :)

It's a cute little game but for me doesn't come close to Sims 4. Yes there are many age groups and lots of awesome objects but you can't really sit down and spends hours playing because everything is in real time. You can't cue up tasks, can only do one thing at a time.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited May 2016

If I went back to TS4 then I would instead think "Ohh, I can only play one single family and not 12 full families at the same time like in Freeplay???" ;)

TS4 is boring because the other families just play themselves and one's own family just live a trivial life without challenges. It therefore only is fun if you haven't already played TS2 and TS3 and tried everything there (even family life with babies and toddlers too). Freeplay is only boring until you have enough sims in your town to play with so the waiting times doesn't matter anymore. But fortunately I was able to easily solve that problem just by playing TSF on multiple devices so I didn't have to wait ;)

Edit: What I like most with the Sims Freeplay probably is though that I am able to also play other games at the same time. Earlier when I played big PC games like TS2, Starcraft, Total Annihilation or Civilization they took all my time and I had to choose between them. But now it isn't any problem to play TSF, Valor and the Tribez at the same days unless I need to do other things too :)
    Post edited by Erpe on
  • m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    If I went back to TS4 then I would instead think "Ohh, I can only play one single family and not 12 full families at the same time like in Freeplay???" ;)

That was exactly my thoughts when I first started sims 4. Believe it or not I started with sfp as my first ever sims game. In the beginning I just want something on my phone to kill time. The quests and timer are painful but once get used to they actually helped me in better scheduling my day lol. Loved the building aspect of the game. There are (a lot of) limitations but for a mobile game it's doing pretty good.
    The downside is you get bored easily and want more. That's why I finally decided to try out sims 4. Was literally shocked that you can only focus on one active family a time but loved the variety in cas and gameplay.
    Looking back I can easily see why pc simmers find the mobile game boring. The lack of cas, build mode and gameplay (and of course, real time) in sfp make them almost incomparable. I would even say sims 1-4 are a completely different play style to sims freeplay. I'm not saying pc simmers don't ever get bored with the game, but they clearly get bored less easily than mobile players lol.
    Even with that, sims 4 and sfp are still two of my fav games and I'm more emotionally attached to my ingame characters than everything else I feel about the games :D

W79XhDj.png
    The only thing I really like about Free Play is completing the quests. I haven't done much with the game since the spa event ended. I try to remember to log in daily to collect my rewards and that's about it. As for sims on PC I currently play 2, 3, and 4 and I've been a one family player for all four versions.
    m11kj wrote: »

That was exactly my thoughts when I first started sims 4. Believe it or not I started with sfp as my first ever sims game. In the beginning I just want something on my phone to kill time. The quests and timer are painful but once get used to they actually helped me in better scheduling my day lol. Loved the building aspect of the game. There are (a lot of) limitations but for a mobile game it's doing pretty good.
    The downside is you get bored easily and want more. That's why I finally decided to try out sims 4. Was literally shocked that you can only focus on one active family a time but loved the variety in cas and gameplay.
    Looking back I can easily see why pc simmers find the mobile game boring. The lack of cas, build mode and gameplay (and of course, real time) in sfp make them almost incomparable. I would even say sims 1-4 are a completely different play style to sims freeplay. I'm not saying pc simmers don't ever get bored with the game, but they clearly get bored less easily than mobile players lol.
    Even with that, sims 4 and sfp are still two of my fav games and I'm more emotionally attached to my ingame characters than everything else I feel about the games :D
    Reading the comments has convinced me that what people don't like with the Sims Freeplay is that it is an MMO game and therefore like all the other MMO games has waiting times and is played in real time. If you don't like MMO games and only want to play one game at the time then this is understandable. But all MMO games are boring if you just wait and don't use the waiting time to play other games.

People usually make comments like "I don't like apps". But then they write more comments which show that it is really MMO games which they neither understand nor like because they are used to PC games which usually aren't MMO games and therefore have no waiting times. But such non-MMO games are also available as mobile apps. Examples are paid RPG games like the Final Fantasy games or the many nice JRPG games from Kemco which are very similar to RPG games for the PC.

I like the MMO games because they can be played often and shortly and don't require me to play for hours each time like the big PC games usually do because otherwise they aren't even worth starting up. I also prefer to play on my tablets instead of my PC because I can play everywhere (even in my bed). The only problem with MMO games is that there are too many of them and especially war games like the huge number of Clash of Clans clones which mostly isn't worth playing anyway. But the Sims Freeplay is better than all the other MMO games. So it is still my preferred game of this kind.

@simgirl1010 I am playing the current Animal Onesie Event on both my tablets and it is still quite exiting if I will manage to unlock everything in both games before the event ends :)
    Reading the comments has convinced me that what people don't like with the Sims Freeplay is that it is an MMO game and therefore like all the other MMO games has waiting times and is played in real time. If you don't like MMO games and only want to play one game at the time then this is understandable. But all MMO games are boring if you just wait and don't use the waiting time to play other games.

People usually make comments like "I don't like apps". But then they write more comments which show that it is really MMO games which they neither understand nor like because they are used to PC games which usually aren't MMO games and therefore have no waiting times. But such non-MMO games are also available as mobile apps. Examples are paid RPG games like the Final Fantasy games or the many nice JRPG games from Kemco which are very similar to RPG games for the PC.

I like the MMO games because they can be played often and shortly and don't require me to play for hours each time like the big PC games usually do because otherwise they aren't even worth starting up. I also prefer to play on my tablets instead of my PC because I can play everywhere (even in my bed). The only problem with MMO games is that there are too many of them and especially war games like the huge number of Clash of Clans clones which mostly isn't worth playing anyway. But the Sims Freeplay is better than all the other MMO games. So it is still my preferred game of this kind.

So true. That's exactly what i mean by "play style". My only wish is if sfp can be played off-line cuz the situations in which i wish to play it often are short of internet connections lol.
    Off topic, it's interesting to see how different games each have them own gripes that are hard to see by ppl who don't play the game as often, and vice versa. I mean the biggest headache for sfp simmers might be the glitches in each update & new quest? Few of them complaint about real time (though a lot complaint about quest times and having to pay to complete in time which is a direct result of that), but there seems to be a general understanding about it being a free game and has to profit in some way, therefore the settlement for real time. Whereas pc simmers don't seem bothered about paying and purchasing cuz they grant it the only way to get the game (and indeed it is), but are complaining more about gameplay-wise issues like toddlers and pets which sfp simmers like me didn't know about (yep, i'm that late to the party).
    I guess what i'm trying to say is every type of game might all look fab on one side but has its down side to be found once you get deep enough. But once you've settled with the rules maybe you'll find fun within the limitations? lol

W79XhDj.png
    edited May 2016

So true. That's exactly what i mean by "play style". My only wish is if sfp can be played off-line cuz the situations in which i wish to play it often are short of internet connections lol.
    Off topic, it's interesting to see how different games each have them own gripes that are hard to see by ppl who don't play the game as often, and vice versa. I mean the biggest headache for sfp simmers might be the glitches in each update & new quest? Few of them complaint about real time (though a lot complaint about quest times and having to pay to complete in time which is a direct result of that), but there seems to be a general understanding about it being a free game and has to profit in some way, therefore the settlement for real time. Whereas pc simmers don't seem bothered about paying and purchasing cuz they grant it the only way to get the game (and indeed it is), but are complaining more about gameplay-wise issues like toddlers and pets which sfp simmers like me didn't know about (yep, i'm that late to the party).
    I guess what i'm trying to say is every type of game might all look fab on one side but has its down side to be found once you get deep enough. But once you've settled with the rules maybe you'll find fun within the limitations? lol
    There are glitches in all games because nobody will pay for the patches which correct them. Therefore we shouldn't expect the game companies to use too much time attempting to correct minor glitches. A glitch in Freeplay which I just discovered seems to be that babies, toddlers and preteens are left behind if their parents move out to join new families. It has been known for years. But I don't think that it has been corrected in any of the patches.

MMO games are usually always free and they usually always happen in real time. So the game companies have to earn their money in two other ways:
    1. By being paid from somebody when we watch ingame advertising.
    2. By letting us buy extra content inside the game for real money.

Some people keep telling us that MMO games can't be played for free because the in-app purchases are necessary to be succesful. But this is never true. At least I haven't found just one single MMO game where the in-app purchases were necessary - and the Sims Freeplay is no exception because you can usually get all reward items in every event if only you are active enough and don't waste any time by not playing for many hours (you don't need to be playing at all during when you sleep for about 8 hours every night though). The reason is obvious because the game companies don't want anybody to stop playing and watching the ingame advertising just because some players maybe don't have the money to pay or don't want to use their money on the game.

The problem with in-app purchases is that everything is extremely expensive and not worth much anyway because you only get things which aren't vital for the game anyway. Therefore you shouldn't buy anything unless you like such a game so much that you play it all the time - and you should still remember that sooner or later the game company will close the game server down whereafter you can't play the game anymore - and you still won't get any of your money back.

I play TSF very much and I like having a few rainbow slices to use on the sims who are doing time limited events. I got VIP4 for free as a special reward for my iPad game. But now I chose to get rainbow slices for my android game by purchasing VIP2 for about 8 dollars (and getting several pool items too - I especially like the automatic pool cleaner even though it isn't important for my game anyway). To buy more for this game probably won't ever happen because the prices are so extreme (VIP15 costs more than 3000 dollars!) ;)

Edit: Another interesting thing is that the Sims Freeplay clearly is targeted much more at adults than TS4 which mainly seems to be targeted at 12 to 14 yrs olds. A thing that confirms that is the seashell collecting hobby which require you to collect 18 items which only can be collected at certain times:
    6 dawn shells from 6:00am to 12:00(midday)
    6 noon shells from 12:00 to 6:00pm
    6 dusk shells from 6:00pm to 12:00(midnight)
    6 night shells from 12:00(midnight) to 6:00am

But who would expect 13 yrs olds to be able to collect those night shells while they sleep? ;)
    Post edited by Erpe on
    A glitch in Freeplay which I just discovered seems to be that babies, toddlers and preteens are left behind if their parents move out to join new families. It has been known for years. But I don't think that it has been corrected in any of the patches.

That's a glitch? Thought that's what they meant it all along lololol You mean single parent right cuz there's no way to move out both dad and mom and leave the children. But yeah that's quite funny and ridiculous now that you think about it lol. Glitches in sfp can be quite fun sometimes, if you know what i mean ;)
    Some people keep telling us that MMO games can't be played for free because the in-app purchases are necessary to be succesful. But this is never true. At least I haven't found just one single MMO game where the in-app purchases were necessary - and the Sims Freeplay is no exception because you can usually get all reward items in every event if only you are active enough and don't waste any time by not playing for many hours (you don't need to be playing at all during when you sleep for about 8 hours every night though). The reason is obvious because the game companies don't want anybody to stop playing and watching the ingame advertising just because some players maybe don't have the money to pay or don't want to use their money on the game.

During my play through to completing all the main/discovery quests I never spend a single penny to get ingame currencies. The scheduling is okay, esp. since they reduced time on many main quests and some are not time-restrained at all. So yeah it is pretty possible to get through all the tasks w/o spending real money.

Edit: Another interesting thing is that the Sims Freeplay clearly is targeted much more at adults than TS4 which mainly seems to be targeted at 12 to 14 yrs olds. A thing that confirms that is the seashell collecting hobby which require you to collect 18 items which only can be collected at certain times:
    6 dawn shells from 6:00am to 12:00(midday)
    6 noon shells from 12:00 to 6:00pm
    6 dusk shells from 6:00pm to 12:00(midnight)
    6 night shells from 12:00(midnight) to 6:00am

But who would expect 13 yrs olds to be able to collect those night shells while they sleep? ;)

hahaha, interesting insight. Some weekly task requires you to do things at certain time of day as well. But nope i usually just turn my clock a few hours ahead and do that right away ;)

W79XhDj.png
    @m11kj I know that some people just turn their clock a few hours ahead or backwards. This also happens in other MMO games. But it obviously isn't the developer's intention and it is often dangerous because of side-effects such as the game freezing, the characters stopping all tasks or sometimes even so tough things as forcing you to reset the game if you still want to play it. I don't know about such problems in the Sims Freeplay though. But I have seen warnings about them in several other MMO games and you should therefore be careful not to do such things without first searching to see if other players have had problems with their game after playing with the clock on their device.

The intension was to actually force simmers to play the game between midnight and 6:00am to collect the night shells. This would usually be impossible for 13 yrs olds but isn't too difficult now for adults who either don't go to bed until 1:00am or wake up about 5:00am because it now only takes 10 minutes which is much shorter than for the other types of seashells. But earlier it seems to have taken 20 minutes which they apparently had to shorten because it was too difficult even for adults ;)
    @m11kj I know that some people just turn their clock a few hours ahead or backwards. This also happens in other MMO games. But it obviously isn't the developer's intention and it is often dangerous because of side-effects such as the game freezing, the characters stopping all tasks or sometimes even so tough things as forcing you to reset the game if you still want to play it. I don't know about such problems in the Sims Freeplay though. But I have seen warnings about them in several other MMO games and you should therefore be careful not to do such things without first searching to see if other players have had problems with their game after playing with the clock on their device.

The intension was to actually force simmers to play the game between midnight and 6:00am to collect the night shells. This would usually be impossible for 13 yrs olds but isn't too difficult now for adults who either don't go to bed until 1:00am or wake up about 5:00am because it now only takes 10 minutes which is much shorter than for the other types of seashells. But earlier it seems to have taken 20 minutes which they apparently had to shorten because it was too difficult even for adults ;)

Yes, that would be impossible for kids to do around midnight and early morning. I tried to be as careful as can be and I saved every two seconds XDD. I would never turn my clock solely for the purpose of getting ahead tho. I have several favorite builds in my main game so I wouldn't want anything happen to them. Luckily I got through those times alright. Now at level 55 with all the quests and hobbies done I could pretty much ignore the weekly tasks as well since my main focus has shifted to the sims 4. But every now and then I'd check back and revisit my sims. My original sims are very special to me :)

W79XhDj.png
    edited May 2016

Yes, that would be impossible for kids to do around midnight and early morning. I tried to be as careful as can be and I saved every two seconds XDD. I would never turn my clock solely for the purpose of getting ahead tho. I have several favorite builds in my main game so I wouldn't want anything happen to them. Luckily I got through those times alright. Now at level 55 with all the quests and hobbies done I could pretty much ignore the weekly tasks as well since my main focus has shifted to the sims 4. But every now and then I'd check back and revisit my sims. My original sims are very special to me :)
    I am playing two games and I am at lvl 54 in my android game and at lvl 55 in my iPad game. I have built the beach, the arcade and the carnival. Now I am working on the pet park which I will be able to build in a few days. But I started late and have only played the game in about a year because I didn't expect anything from a free game after having played the Sims 2 and the Sims 3. So I was very surprised when I finally decided to just try it shortly anyway after being too bored with the Sims 4 :)

You must have played the game much longer?
    I am playing two games and I am at lvl 54 in my android game and at lvl 55 in my iPad game. I have built the beach, the arcade and the carnival. Now I am working on the pet park which I will be able to build in a few days. But I started late and have only played the game in about a year because I didn't expect anything from a free game after having played the Sims 2 and the Sims 3. So I was very surprised when I finally decided to just try it shortly anyway after being too bored with the Sims 4 :)

Nope, I started last September actually with the mall update. I missed several updates in between bc I wanted to finish the main quests first :p I did do an insane amount of work with the cooking hobby tho, and when pet farm was "briefly back" I took the advantage on my other game. I never bothered to finish the island symbols and goddess bc they're pointless now lol.

W79XhDj.png

Nope, I started last September actually with the mall update. I missed several updates in between bc I wanted to finish the main quests first :p I did do an insane amount of work with the cooking hobby tho, and when pet farm was "briefly back" I took the advantage on my other game. I never bothered to finish the island symbols and goddess bc they're pointless now lol.
    Okay. Then you just play in a different way. You must then have worked much more directly against life orbs than I do? ;)

I don't like to kill my sims. Therefore I only have about 3 sims working on their life dreams. Those sims were created to become somebody that I wouldn't miss. The rest of my sims are mainly working on their hobbies to get LPs. Therefore it will probably take me years before I have built everything on the mysterious island :)

Okay. Then you just play in a different way. You must then have worked much more directly against life orbs than I do? ;)

I don't like to kill my sims. Therefore I only have about 3 sims working on their life dreams. Those sims were created to become somebody that I wouldn't miss. The rest of my sims are mainly working on their hobbies to get LPs. Therefore it will probably take me years before I have built everything on the mysterious island :)

You can put it that way ;) well, the fun with the sfp... there isn't much to do on the four parks, a few more hobbies to unlock collectibles really. I found myself seldom using anything I unlocked there. And now the pet architect homes are up, just buy one of the homes with the collectibles if you cant be bothered to wait that long. life orb update was pretty negative so the team seemed to dread from that a lot. :P

W79XhDj.png

You can put it that way ;) well, the fun with the sfp... there isn't much to do on the four parks, a few more hobbies to unlock collectibles really. I found myself seldom using anything I unlocked there. And now the pet architect homes are up, just buy one of the homes with the collectibles if you cant be bothered to wait that long. life orb update was pretty negative so the team seemed to dread from that a lot. :P
    I know that I could speed things much more up and also that the unlocked items aren't really something that I need. But why should I do that? ;)

It would only force me to find another less enjoyable game to play instead. So I need to instead prolong this game until maybe the Sims Freeplay 2 or another good game is released. The main pleasure in TSF for me is the excitement about whether we can unlock everything within the time limits or not. So I need the life orbs to still be something that I can work on between events. Therefore I won't even consider to unlock everything by getting all my sims to work on life orbs because when everything is unlocked I just know that this game will be too boring to play just like TS4 did. But which other game should I then play instead? I haven't found any better game anywhere ;)
    I know that I could speed things much more up and also that the unlocked items aren't really something that I need. But why should I do that? ;)

It would only force me to find another less enjoyable game to play instead. So I need to instead prolong this game until maybe the Sims Freeplay 2 or another good game is released. The main pleasure in TSF for me is the excitement about whether we can unlock everything within the time limits or not. So I need the life orbs to still be something that I can work on between events. Therefore I won't even consider to unlock everything by getting all my sims to work on life orbs because when everything is unlocked I just know that this game will be too boring to play just like TS4 did. But which other game should I then play instead? I haven't found any better game anywhere ;)

LOL sadly that's what happened to me..maybe i should've taken my time like you did. but i can always wait till they bring back some of the events i missed and complete my collectibles. some other things i could look forward to with this game at least ;)

W79XhDj.png

LOL sadly that's what happened to me..maybe i should've taken my time like you did. but i can always wait till they bring back some of the events i missed and complete my collectibles. some other things i could look forward to with this game at least ;)
    Yes you could do that :)

I don't know. Maybe I should play more like you did anyway because my problem now is that there actually are some paid Japanese RPG games that I would like to try - especially for my android tablet in Google Play. (Kemco doesn't seem to put their games in Apple's App Store too.) They seem nice. But most often such games disappoint a little anyway ;)

I would like a new version 2 of the Sims Freeplay - but even though EA maybe will make it I guess that we won't get it before maybe in 2018 anyway ;)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2016

Dude even if freeplay didn't make you feel jealous of the sims 4, how would you know how everybody would feel the same way as you?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon