Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Talk about kids

LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
It struck me. My YA sim was having his birthday party and all of his old friends, coworkers, exes were all there; they all went through their YA life together and they all have kids now... but not once was their an interaction to "talk about our kids."

I'm 100% positive during reunions when adults get together they talk about the kids they've had with friends they knew when they were single and young. Please put this in and make it meaningful, thanks.

Comments

• crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I would like sims to talk about their kids. :)
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I think sometimes, dialogue options in The Sims work best when they're imagination-based. For example, there actually are a set of speech balloon bubbles all about babies (including a bottle, rattle, cradle & building blocks). It's pretty easy to roleplay that as your Sims talking about their kids, just as easily as they might be talking about someone else's kids, or how they want kids someday in the future. I don't know what exactly triggers it, but it's there.

Then there's the sports dialogue set ("Did you hear? My Timmy hit a home run yesterday!"), the generic set that includes icons like wedding rings ("Hey, remember when you were my maid of honour?") and party hats ("Timmy's birthday is coming up soon"), and so on and so forth.

Sims don't need to have specific dialogue options for everything that might go on in their lives.
    wJbomAo.png
  • BelloGothBelloGoth Posts: 120 Member
    There is a "boast about family" or something like that is available in the game. I assumed that would cover that; however, that may only be available for sims with certain snobby traits.
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    The boast about family interaction is only available to sims with the Family Oriented trait
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    What about elders being able to show pictures of grandchildren. I miss that from Sms 3.