Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phoenix Puffclaw Reading Circle

Comments

• Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    Ok! I finally got home. I've been at a fancy hotel room for the past 3 days. My boyfriend had to work in the city near our house, so his work comped him a very nice hotel room. It was a lot of fun, but my phone died and I had no internet on my laptop! So, I am finally home and have internet again.

Ok! I'm going to catch up and see what I missed, fill out my profile and read Una Reign some more, then start digging into Cathy's Wonder story. <3

I have to look at the front page to see if anyone else left links to their stories yet. :)

I would like to offer up Djinni's Lamp to be read as well, since it's only up to it's second chapter and I would LOVE feedback on it. Though, I understand if that's too much, so I could also wait until everyone is caught up with all the other reading before I suggest Djinni's Lamp. What is the limit to the number of stories that an author can recommend of theirs to read? One or two? Maybe just one at a time?

Ok, off I go to start catching up. I'm going to be going out here in a minute to get my lunch, but I'll be right back to do my profile questions and catch up in here. I can't wait to get back to my reading! I was bawls deep in Una Reign when my phone died. :(:D

SO good though! Ok! Be right back! I'm hoping to score me some sushi or thai for lunch. <3:)
  • Options
    XSimMimX wrote: »
    I'm sorry to let you down, friends, but I have a lot of schoolwork to do. All my free time is spent working on my own SimLit, but of course I'll try to read as much as I can! This seems like a fun idea, and I'll try to keep up. :)

I completely understand, I'm in school too. No worries! Take your time getting to any of mine, I'm in the same boat, so take your time! SimLit takes a LONG time to write, you have to be the photographer, the director, the writer and coordinator of every chapter. People that don't write SimLit don't know how long it takes, lol! I've easily had 4 entire days sucked up by trying to get the perfect screenshots, looking for and downloading the cc I need and then writing it. Very time consuming.

Sometimes I'll try to read the stories during my lunch at school or one of my breaks, that helps keep up a little. Just do what you can! :) Focus on those good grades first! <3
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited May 2016
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Hi, Puffclaws! @DarciTheFox suggested that we borrow the list of questions from A Novel Idea so we can learn more about each other...

Here's the list! Also, please add any questions you'd like to have added! :)

Do you have a pet: yes and no. i know thats confusing.i have 2 birds but they live at my parents house.

Favorite season: fall

Hobby (besides playing sims): reading. which i;m starting to get back in too adult coloring.

Dream job if everything is possible: disc jockey. i love music so being payed to play it sounds awesome.

Any sports you do? none

What music do you like?adult contemporary

What are some of the things that make you feel so very happy?My friend Brian. i know hes not a thing but time with him is .

What's your type of perfect day?time with Brian then coming home making coffe and simming someties i read or color watching my favorite tv shows

Favorite food: pizza chicken or chinese.

Favorite superhero: aquaman

Favorite disney princess:

My favourite film right now:

First film you watched where your parents said you are too young for it: none my dad was in charge of picking the movie for family night.forsome reason he picked aliens.

The first book you cried like the world is ending right now: harry potter and the deathly hallows

Book series you need to be continued: harry potter

How would you dress yourself the whole time without thinking of the weather: tshirt and jeans

Picture of your simself:

Favourite sim right now:noel and lauren bender. i know thats cheating but they remind me of peanut butter and jelly one without the other is weird.

First time you played sims happened what:

Dream expansion pack for sims 4:
    generations. i love family play.

Post edited by friendsfan367 on
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @friendsfan367 Hey, sis! We chose the same clothes! T-shirt and jeans! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 Hey, sis! We chose the same clothes! T-shirt and jeans! :)

awesome see sisters think alike.
  • Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Thanks again for the support. I should have some spare time this weekend, so I'll try and read some of your stuff :)

Do you have a pet: Yes - two dogs, two cats and three chickens (planning to get some more chickens soon!)

Favorite season: Spring

Hobby (besides playing sims): Drawing, running, reading, yoga and sewing

Dream job if everything is possible: Zoo vet. It's been my dream since I was a toddler!

Any sports you do? Yoga, running, Brazilian Ju Jitsu

What music do you like? Classical and acoustic

What are some of the things that make you feel so very happy? My pets, my family, my best friends, animals, mathematics, cuddling, rainy days

What's your type of perfect day? It's raining outside, and my friends are staying at my house. Everyone plays board games and watches movies, and I bake them cupcakes.

Favorite food: Vegetarian gnocchi

Favorite superhero: Black widow

Favorite disney princess: Tiana - she works hard and doesn't need anyone's help

My favourite film right now: WALL-E

First film you watched where your parents said you are too young for it: Avatar

The first book you cried like the world is ending right now: None that I can recall - I don't get very emotional over books

Book series you need to be continued: None of them - I often find that series decrease in quality as they go on

How would you dress yourself the whole time without thinking of the weather: Dresses and fancy clothes

Picture of your simself: See my icon. It's outdated, though - I've now got a pixie cut!

Favourite sim right now: Nyxa from my Castaway legacy. She's a complex character that I'm very proud of.

First time you played sims happened what: They had loads of children and I made them a huge mansion.

Dream expansion pack for sims 4: Pets, preferably with chickens, horses, cows and other farm animals
  • Options
    **I'm working on a digital version of @Charliimai 's Puffclaw!*** :D

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I present to you... the Phoenix Puffclaw!

puffclaw.png
    Post edited by CathyTea on

• Options

puffclaw.png

great job sis.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    good news my computer is acting better again!! But I haven't tested sims out yet to see if it helps there as well

Does anyone want to ask me why I connect Ice cream to

latest?cb=20151010041507

this guy ^
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    good news my computer is acting better again!! But I haven't tested sims out yet to see if it helps there as well

latest?cb=20151010041507

this guy ^

Yes! I read about that in your questionnaire, but I couldn't figure out the connection!

• Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    Hiya! Here are some of my thoughts about wishes and expectations for the group! I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas, too.

1) What are your wishes for our group? What do you hope we get from it and give to it?

I wish for us to have fun talking with each other and to enjoy reading each other's stories!

I wish that we each receive encourage, friendliness, and feeling like we've got a group that we belong to, where we can share our enthusiasm about our stories, and where we know that we have readers who will look forward to our posts!

I wish to give to the group friendliness, kindness, encouragement, cheer-leading, a little bit of goofiness, and eagerness for every new post!

I wish that we inspire and motivate each other, too!

I wish that no members feel pressured to write when they're busy, and that when they're inspired, no members worry if they write a lot! In other words, I wish for us not to get in each other's way when we need breaks and when we're on a roll!

2) What do you expect from the group and group members? What would you like to agree to and what would you like others to agree to?

I expect that we will keep up with each other's stories on a weekly basis, by the end of the week, reading each members' new posts, up to three posts per writer per week.

When I'm on a roll and writing more than three posts a week, I don't expect members to read every single post--three a week is plenty! Likewise, I only expect members to keep up with one of my stories at a time. I'd love it if everyone read every story, but I sure don't expect it. Keeping up with one is enough!

I expect that we'll let each other know when we need to take breaks.

I expect that we'll be flexible with each other, understanding that sometimes, life asks us to attend to other things!

Your answers are exactly what i was thinking myself.

puffclaw.png

Wow @CathyTea you did a great job it looks fantastic
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    edited May 2016

latest?cb=20151010041507

this guy ^

Yes! I read about that in your questionnaire, but I couldn't figure out the connection!

Well when I was 4 or 5 (my mind is fuzzy about those years-other years after I was 6 are more clearer)-it was summer time and I was at my Maternal grandparents' place. (When mom and I bought ice cream from Baskin Robins or some kind of ice-cream place like it-we normal buy it in a dish and not a cone) Well for some reason Grandma brought out some ice cream cones and gave us (my Cousins EL and R's family were there as well) and it was the FIRST time in FOREVER I had an ice cream CONE! And for some reason, someone (I have no idea WHO) decided to let us kids watch Disney's Pinnochio movie. So I have associated the two things together (Ice cream cone with Pinnochio). But I have had several ice cream cones since then! But I prefer a dish more.

When grandma died in August 2013 sis read a speech for mom (who prepared it and included that bit) when sis got to that bit of the speech Aunt D (EL and R's mom) nodded in agreement (and also turned to look at me as well)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Charliimai wrote: »
    Hiya! Here are some of my thoughts about wishes and expectations for the group! I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas, too.

1) What are your wishes for our group? What do you hope we get from it and give to it?

I wish for us to have fun talking with each other and to enjoy reading each other's stories!

I wish that we each receive encourage, friendliness, and feeling like we've got a group that we belong to, where we can share our enthusiasm about our stories, and where we know that we have readers who will look forward to our posts!

I wish to give to the group friendliness, kindness, encouragement, cheer-leading, a little bit of goofiness, and eagerness for every new post!

I wish that we inspire and motivate each other, too!

I wish that no members feel pressured to write when they're busy, and that when they're inspired, no members worry if they write a lot! In other words, I wish for us not to get in each other's way when we need breaks and when we're on a roll!

2) What do you expect from the group and group members? What would you like to agree to and what would you like others to agree to?

I expect that we will keep up with each other's stories on a weekly basis, by the end of the week, reading each members' new posts, up to three posts per writer per week.

When I'm on a roll and writing more than three posts a week, I don't expect members to read every single post--three a week is plenty! Likewise, I only expect members to keep up with one of my stories at a time. I'd love it if everyone read every story, but I sure don't expect it. Keeping up with one is enough!

I expect that we'll let each other know when we need to take breaks.

I expect that we'll be flexible with each other, understanding that sometimes, life asks us to attend to other things!

Your answers are exactly what i was thinking myself.

puffclaw.png

Wow @CathyTea you did a great job it looks fantastic

Thank you! Your design for it is so awesome! If I have time, energy, and inspiration, I'll work on it a little more so it looks a little more polished... but there it is! Phoenix Puffclaws 1.0!

• Options

latest?cb=20151010041507

this guy ^

Well when I was 4 or 5 (my mind is fuzzy about those years-other years after I was 6 are more clearer)-it was summer time and I was at my Maternal grandparents' place. (When mom and I bought ice cream from Baskin Robins or some kind of ice-cream place like it-we normal buy it in a dish and not a cone) Well for some reason Grandma brought out some ice cream cones and gave us (my Cousins EL and R's family were there as well) and it was the FIRST time in FOREVER I had an ice cream CONE! And for some reason, someone (I have no idea WHO) decided to let us kids watch Disney's Pinnochio movie. So I have associated the two things together (Ice cream cone with Pinnochio). But I have had several ice cream cones since then! But I prefer a dish more.

When grandma died in August 2013 sis read a speech for mom (who prepared it and included that bit) when sis got to that bit of the speech Aunt D (EL and R's mom) nodded in agreement (and also turned to look at me as well)

That's a very wonderful story!

• Options

latest?cb=20151010041507

this guy ^

That's a very wonderful story!

thanks
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Ok! I caught up reading everybody's fact sheets! What a great group of individuals we are! :) And... I've updated the first post with our intentions and agreements. Please take a look and see if it looks ok and if there's anything you'd like us to change!

Also, please take a look at the second post, in which I list our works that we'll be reading.

(Mine says to start at Chapter 34, and I haven't posted it yet... but I should get it posted tomorrow! Or maybe later tonight, but I'm starting to feel very, very sleeping! LOL! Maybe I've been hypnotized! **you are beginning to feel sleepy... very, very sleepy...**)

• Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited May 2016
    All caught up on everyone's stories. They are great so many different writing styles. I look forward to the updates. I may try to leave some feedback here but i'm on a mobile device that is currently giving me some trouble and i wont be home for a few days to get on the pc it might take me a while. In the meantime I'll be lurking and reading any new posts.

@CathyTea good job on the guidelines and i <3 the phoenix puffclaw trivia :smiley:

Fly high Puffclaws! (Could this be our motto/slogan :wink: )
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Doing some research on primitive technology for my ancient history assignment and found this gem! https://primitivetechnology.wordpress.com/
    I think this will prove very useful for realistic writing of my Castaway Legacy, and I wondered if you guys might enjoy it as much as I have. If you scroll far enough, or look at his YouTube page, you'll see him making several huts from scratch! This man is amazing, I'm telling you.
  • Options
    Ok! I've read everyone's story except for CathyTea's and MadamLee's Wonder and Legacy stories, I'll be working on that tonight. :) I still need to fill out my fun profile! I got sucked into reading. :D I'll get to it tonight after I work on my LLS chapter. <3 I have specific comments for everyone's stories too, I'll post those here tonight as well.
  • Options
    Ok! I've read everyone's story except for CathyTea's and MadamLee's Wonder and Legacy stories, I'll be working on that tonight. :) I still need to fill out my fun profile! I got sucked into reading. :D I'll get to it tonight after I work on my LLS chapter. <3 I have specific comments for everyone's stories too, I'll post those here tonight as well.

Awesome, Darci! Isn't reading fun? I got drawn into @JoieWilder 's The More the Wilder this morning! We're talking about it at book club this weekend.

• Options
    Doing some research on primitive technology for my ancient history assignment and found this gem! https://primitivetechnology.wordpress.com/
    I think this will prove very useful for realistic writing of my Castaway Legacy, and I wondered if you guys might enjoy it as much as I have. If you scroll far enough, or look at his YouTube page, you'll see him making several huts from scratch! This man is amazing, I'm telling you.

THIS is so awesome! I've got a wattle fence along the path in my back garden--I want to make baskets like he does. I really love this! :) (and now I'm hungry for yams! :) AND I feel like playing a history challenge!)

• Options

THIS is so awesome! I've got a wattle fence along the path in my back garden--I want to make baskets like he does. I really love this! :) (and now I'm hungry for yams! :) AND I feel like playing a history challenge!)

just what you need more stories.
  • Options

I won't start one. I feel they place the Sims under too much pressure. Plus, right now, I am in a slow-down with the writing, so I don't need a new story! :)

• Options

I won't start one. I feel they place the Sims under too much pressure. Plus, right now, I am in a slow-down with the writing, so I don't need a new story! :)

iwas only teasing this is the most i've seen you in a while.

i need to write more on the benders but everything in my head is a restraunt story.