Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phoenix Puffclaw Reading Circle

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hi, Puffclaws! @DarciTheFox suggested that we borrow the list of questions from A Novel Idea so we can learn more about each other...

Here's the list! Also, please add any questions you'd like to have added! :)

Do you have a pet:

Favorite season:

Hobby (besides playing sims):

Dream job if everything is possible:

Any sports you do?

What music do you like?

What are some of the things that make you feel so very happy?

What's your type of perfect day?

Favorite food:

Favorite superhero:

Favorite disney princess:

My favourite film right now:

First film you watched where your parents said you are too young for it:

The first book you cried like the world is ending right now:

Book series you need to be continued:

How would you dress yourself the whole time without thinking of the weather:

Picture of your simself:

Favourite sim right now:

First time you played sims happened what:

Dream expansion pack for sims 4:
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member

Yes i'm back some little monster deleted all my bookmarks from my mobile device so i'm back at the pc for a while.

Do you have a pet: No.

Favorite season: Winter

Hobby (besides playing sims): Reading, Drawing (badly :D )

Dream job if everything is possible: children's party planner. I love planning for my little one's we always have a theme and I usually bake a cake to fit the theme. Seeing the joy on their faces when everything is set up and everyone's having a good time is the best feeling.

Any sports you do? No. not really the active type I used to love running for fun when I was younger but back problems put an end to that.

What music do you like? I like a bit of everything I don't have a favourite genre or sound. I like a good beat maybe something I can sing along to and dance around to which tends to annoy the little ones a lot. My 4 year old likes to turn music off just as I start to sing or dance and tell me I'm not allowed. :D

What are some of the things that make you feel so very happy? My family, sleep which I still don't get much of even though my youngest is now 4 he's an early riser.

What's your type of perfect day? Housework already done, Kids getting along and a little time to play.

Favorite food: Raspberries

Favorite superhero: oooh so this is a difficult one for me. uuuummm. Nope i tried but i can't pick just one :D

Favorite disney princess: I guess it would be Snow White. It was the first movie I watched in the cinema as a child and brings back a lot of memories. My close second would be Tiana from The princess and the frog she reminds me a lot of my daughter.

My favourite film right now: Another difficult one for me Anything Marvel I absolutely adore Huge supehero fan.

First film you watched where your parents said you are too young for it: A freddy Kruger movie and they were right. I didn't even want to but with older siblings and cousins I was forced to sit through them all. Whenever they were babysitting we had to go video shop to rent the newest kruger movie and had to suffer the teasing and pranks for month's afterwards. Even now I cant bring myself to watch them again.

The first book you cried like the world is ending right now: Probably not the first but i have a terrible memory so i'll go with Beloved.
    Something about the desperation of a mother to save her children from the life of slavery that she would rather end their life than have them suffer the way she did. And her desperate actions came back to haunt her.

Book series you need to be continued: None I like my stories to have a definite end, I don't really when a book series ends on a cliffhanger, All those questions that will never be answered.

How would you dress yourself the whole time without thinking of the weather: Leggings, boots, Hat and coat. ( My hair is a lot of work so covering it with a hat is just easier)

Picture of your simself: My Avatar is my simself

Favourite sim right now: Una Reign she is the only sim i'm currently playing but my favourite of all time would be Mara-I-Am from my legacy story we'd been through a lot she was actually born in game my daughter chose her name and helped make her over when she became a teen. I just loved her unique look and saved her in my library waiting for the right challenge. The Highlander crest was the one she outlived 10 generations of family and is still a young adult. So she's back in my library gathering dust until I find her next adventure.

First time you played sims happened what: It was sims 1 so not a lot I did the face morph thing and placed my face on a sim, I moved myself into a house and played around with the house and garden for a while.

Dream expansion pack for sims 4: There is nothing I really want , I wanted active careers and we got Get to work, Then I realised we couldn't run restaurants and I was soooo disapointed but now that's coming too.

oooh oooh I just remembered what I want a proper vacation pack with more than one holiday destination. We need at least one winter holiday spot and one beach holiday spot similar to sims 2 bon voyage destinations. I don't even take my sims to granite falls anymore we desperately need a change of scenery

cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    Ok, I started with Una Reign this morning and omg is it unique and brilliant. <3. Loved the sci-fi angle, the vessel holder and everything! Ok, still reading Una Reign, then next the wonder story. :)<3

Thank you @DarciTheFox <3 . I am actually enjoying this story although its a lot of work to set up. It's a little different to how I usually write.

Una's bit is the challenge so just gameplay really. The Hard work is getting the screenshots for the story on Dersobu, It requires it's own save and sims never want to cooperate with me and do/stand where I need them to. Saying that though it its fun and worth it knowing i'm not the only one seeing it.
    B)

cSXsPD.jpg

• Options

A quick attempt at creating a Phoenix puffclaw :D . Hopefully someone can create something a lot better. :mrgreen:
    20160526_201423_zpsmnlvjfjx.jpg
    cSXsPD.jpg

• Options
    Charliimai wrote: »
    A quick attempt at creating a Phoenix puffclaw :D . Hopefully someone can create something a lot better. :mrgreen:

I love this! Shall I move it into Illustrator and make a digital version? I think it's PURRRfect! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Don't think we didn't notice you stealing stuff from us over in circle B. You left a trail of cookies behind :p
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    :)
    CathyTea wrote: »

I love this! Shall I move it into Illustrator and make a digital version? I think it's PURRRfect! :)

Thank you @CathyTea. That would be great
    cSXsPD.jpg

• Options
    swcheppes wrote: »
    Don't think we didn't notice you stealing stuff from us over in circle B. You left a trail of cookies behind :p

LOL! Watch our for puffclaws! We're sneaky and clever! And we recognize great ideas when we see them! ;)

• Options

:cookie::cookie::cookie::mrgreen:
    cSXsPD.jpg

• Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    edited May 2016

>:):D<3:cookie:

• Options
    edited May 2016

Thank you @DarciTheFox <3 . I am actually enjoying this story although its a lot of work to set up. It's a little different to how I usually write.

Una's bit is the challenge so just gameplay really. The Hard work is getting the screenshots for the story on Dersobu, It requires it's own save and sims never want to cooperate with me and do/stand where I need them to. Saying that though it its fun and worth it knowing i'm not the only one seeing it.
    B)

Its done really well! You can tell a lot of hard work was put into it. I am loving the characters!

Oh I know it's so hard to get Sims to be where you need them, right when you get them where you need them, they move. :D

I'm still reading, lol I fell asleep in the middle if reading, lol. I went to bed pretty late so I guess I took a nap, lol. Ok! Back to reading! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Ok I'm gonna fill out that profile when I get back to my pc. :)
  • Options

Whoa! That's a lot of kids!

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

Whoa! That's a lot of kids!

noel lost one girl while lauren was working. i wanted Anderson the boy at the creative table to have a little brother or sister. mc comander spiraled out of control i did not change anything.
  • Options
    Hiya! Here are some of my thoughts about wishes and expectations for the group! I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas, too.

1) What are your wishes for our group? What do you hope we get from it and give to it?

I wish for us to have fun talking with each other and to enjoy reading each other's stories!

I wish that we each receive encourage, friendliness, and feeling like we've got a group that we belong to, where we can share our enthusiasm about our stories, and where we know that we have readers who will look forward to our posts!

I wish to give to the group friendliness, kindness, encouragement, cheer-leading, a little bit of goofiness, and eagerness for every new post!

I wish that we inspire and motivate each other, too!

I wish that no members feel pressured to write when they're busy, and that when they're inspired, no members worry if they write a lot! In other words, I wish for us not to get in each other's way when we need breaks and when we're on a roll!

2) What do you expect from the group and group members? What would you like to agree to and what would you like others to agree to?

I expect that we will keep up with each other's stories on a weekly basis, by the end of the week, reading each members' new posts, up to three posts per writer per week.

When I'm on a roll and writing more than three posts a week, I don't expect members to read every single post--three a week is plenty! Likewise, I only expect members to keep up with one of my stories at a time. I'd love it if everyone read every story, but I sure don't expect it. Keeping up with one is enough!

I expect that we'll let each other know when we need to take breaks.

I expect that we'll be flexible with each other, understanding that sometimes, life asks us to attend to other things!

• Options
    Country: USA (grew up on the West Coast, and now I live in the Desert Southwest)

Do you have a pet: No. I do have lots of lizard and bird friends in the garden!

Favorite season: I love them all! Whichever season we're in is my favorite!

Hobby (besides playing sims): I play the cello and the piano. I love to read! I love blogging! I love to walk, do yoga, cook, garden, watch Netflix movies with my boyfriend, hike, draw!

Dream job if everything is possible: My current jobs feel like dream jobs! I'm a web editor for a large, urban school district, and I teach writing (English composition and literary analysis) online for the local community college. I LOVE, love, love both of these jobs!

Any sports you do? I swam competitively in high school--and one year, I ran track! These days, I walk, hike, and do yoga. I'm currently super into yoga.

What music do you like? I adore classical music. I'm on a Haydn kick right now for both piano and cello, and Bach is like the fabric of the universe to me.

What are some of the things that make you feel so very happy? Playing my cello and feeling the music vibrate through me! Taking a walk along the nature path near my office! A hot cup of coffee. When I come home from the office at the end of the day, and my boyfriend says, when I open the door, "There you are!"

What's your type of perfect day? A breakfast of steel-cut oats and berries, sipping coffee while reading Shakespeare and listening to a Haydn string quartet, hanging out in the garden, a delicious lunch of veggies in a wrap and watching a Netflix movie over lunch, an afternoon of yoga, cello, and blogging, a supper of Ezekiel noodles, butternut squash, and kale, Simming after supper, reading, and sleeping with the moonlight streaming in through the bedroom window!

Favorite food: Butternut squash with kale!

Favorite superhero: Hmmm.... is there a cricket superhero?

Favorite disney princess: Hmmm.... I'm a little bit obsessed with the teapot in Beauty and the Beast, but she's not a princess, is she?

My favorite film right now: "Fly Away Home"

First film you watched where your parents said you are too young for it: I think I was too young for Wizard of Oz when I watched it at three. My parents encouraged me to watch it, but I developed an intense fear of witches, a fear of stairs, and a terror of the whirlpool in the toilet after flushing it--I thought a witch would come out of it! (I guess it reminded me of the tornado in the movie.) I still can't really watch that film--too scary!

I wanted to watch 🐸🐸🐸🐸's The Birds when I was around 7, but my folks (thankfully) prevented me.

The first book you cried like the world is ending right now: "Where the Red Fern Grows"--our entire third grade class wept together.

Book series you need to be continued: I wish Jane Austen were still writing!

How would you dress yourself the whole time without thinking of the weather: Barefoot, jeans, and a t-shirt (purple or red)

Picture of your simself: My avatar

Favourite sim right now: Oh! I really like Charlie Rocca Cups! You'll meet him when you read Wonder!

Here's a pic!

3206.png?w=776

First time you played sims happened what: I was like... Wow! This game is awesome! It was TS2. I was just amazed--I think my Sim made salad and I couldn't believe it. I was hooked!

Dream expansion pack for sims 4: I really want Pets. University would be awesome, too--but I really want Pets. :)

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited May 2016
    @CathyTea could the dream pack be a bit controversy ? The "d" word? I might be deyaled a couple of times since my computer is having some over-heating issues.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @CathyTea could the dream pack be a bit controversy ? The "d" word? I might be deyaled a couple of times since my computer is having some over-heating issues.

Fine with me! :)

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member

Do you have a pet: not me but my sister has 3 dogs. My favourite is Cider

Favorite season: Summer (would be nice for us getting a stupid pool again)

Hobby (besides playing sims): reading or seeing plays

Dream job if everything is possible: travelling and food?

Any sports you do? Baseball in summer

What music do you like? anything not ROck and ROll

What are some of the things that make you feel so very happy? don't know

What's your type of perfect day? Being able to play a sims series for several sim hours without computer over heating

Favorite food: can't decide!

Favorite superhero: I have to say Superman because of his Canadian connection

Favorite disney princess: I can't decide

My favourite film right now: Zootopia

First film you watched where your parents said you are too young for it: I think that might have been Pinnichio when I was 4 or 5 (I just remember Ice Cream
    cone)

The first book you cried like the world is ending right now: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows? No the Grimm Sisters maybe

Book series you need to be continued: ?

How would you dress yourself the whole time without thinking of the weather:

Picture of your simself: picture to the right of here

Favourite sim right now: America

First time you played sims happened what: the cut scenes

Dream expansion pack for sims 4: Disabilities Pack (hey everyone has a different view of what a utopia is and mine is where Disabilities aren't looked down
    on and those who try to fake them, are fined or sent to jail)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

Dream expansion pack for sims 4: Disabilities Pack (hey everyone has a different view of what a utopia is and mine is where Disabilities aren't looked down on

This is so awesome! When I first played TS2, I really wanted disabilities--Sims who used wheelchairs, were visually impaired, all sorts of disabilities! I was disappointed that there weren't any because it made the Sim world feel less richly diverse!

One thing I really like about TS4 is that Sims can be very unusual--I have several who seem like they would be in exceptional education in public school or in gifted programs because their ways of processing, communicating, and relating are unusual.

• Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    I'm sorry to let you down, friends, but I have a lot of schoolwork to do. All my free time is spent working on my own SimLit, but of course I'll try to read as much as I can! This seems like a fun idea, and I'll try to keep up. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    XSimMimX wrote: »
    I'm sorry to let you down, friends, but I have a lot of schoolwork to do. All my free time is spent working on my own SimLit, but of course I'll try to read as much as I can! This seems like a fun idea, and I'll try to keep up. :)

@XSimMimX You are not letting anybody down, Your schoolwork is far more important and I think the idea of the reading circle is to support, Encourage and Inspire each other. I for one will still be following your story even if you don't get the chance to actively stay involved in reading ours.
    So you do you and just remember we're here if you need us :)

Post edited by Charliimai on
    cSXsPD.jpg

• Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    @Charliimai Thank you for understanding. I promise I'll pop in as often as I can :)