Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phoenix Puffclaw Reading Circle

Comments

• CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    Oh poopers the Site ate half my post
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Awesome! @DarciTheFox and @XSimMimX What's your vote? Shall we go with the name of Phoenix Puffclaws?

My vote is for the majority. I'm happy with any name chosen. ;):)

I'm excited for the start of all this, it's gonna be a great way to focus on certain stories and get feedback within a focused group. This was a great idea. <3
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Charliimai wrote: »
    @CathyTea i have a few simlits open on different devices its one i've been planning to read for a while and since the little ones are asleep.

Cool! I'm picturing you wandering through your home, as little ones sleep, with an iPad in one room... an iTV in another... a computer in the den... a laptop in the music room... a nook in the library... reading a different story on each device!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    I will start reading in the morning as i wake about an hour before the kidsand its a great time to start a new story i think.
    cSXsPD.jpg

Uh, I don't know if everyone would feel comfortable reading LLS, I only have one other story though, but it's only got a prologue, 1st and 2nd chapter. If everyone is comfortable reading a story about an inter.s.e.x. person then I will recommend my story Love Like A Snail. If you'd rather something more fantasy I will recommend my story Djinni's Lamp.

I will begin reading CathyTea's Wonder story tonight and I would like to read the back chapters as well. :)

What is everyone else's reccomendation of their stories for us to read? I will get started on it. And which of my stories would you prefer to read or start with?
    Ok! I will be back later! I am taking my grandma out for lunch. We go once a week or so. <3:)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Uh, I don't know if everyone would feel comfortable reading LLS, I only have one other story though, but it's only got a prologue, 1st and 2nd chapter. If everyone is comfortable reading a story about an inter.s.e.x. person then I will recommend my story Love Like A Snail. If you'd rather something more fantasy I will recommend my story Djinni's Lamp.

I will begin reading CathyTea's Wonder story tonight and I would like to read the back chapters as well. :)

What is everyone else's reccomendation of their stories for us to read? I will get started on it. And which of my stories would you prefer to read or start with?

i use to worry people would not like noel and lauren. when i made them i was going to do a gentic challenge which is the only time i openly showed a mixed race couple . i worried for nothing their my most popular couple.
    Sorry batteries about to die so i'll type fast spelling mistakes are. To be expected. The only story i am currently writing is the simple life of una reign will provide link when i get on pc tommorow. Its only a few chapters long at the moment pretty new so not a whole lot of catching up to do at present. As i said i will stsrt @CathyTea story in the morning and as i'm already reading both of @DarciTheFox. Stories it'll be a bit. Easier to catch up with everyones stories to date.
    cSXsPD.jpg

So, while we're talking about what to read, my story that I'm selecting for the Circle to read is "Wonder".

I'll be posting the first chapter of the second part of the story soon (maybe this weekend? I've got a busy week!). And that's what I'd like us to officially start with.

If you'd like to read the first part, you can find the Table of Contents here: https://cathytea.wordpress.com/other-stories/wonder/

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Charliimai wrote: »
    @CathyTea i have a few simlits open on different devices its one i've been planning to read for a while and since the little ones are asleep.

Cool! I'm picturing you wandering through your home, as little ones sleep, with an iPad in one room... an iTV in another... a computer in the den... a laptop in the music room... a nook in the library... reading a different story on each device!

More like sat reading with vacuum or iron in one hand phone or tablet in the other reading when i should be tidying up
    cSXsPD.jpg

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    I only have one story going at the moment but it might be a bit confusing about what's happening in the story to newcomers.
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I only have one story going at the moment but it might be a bit confusing about what's happening in the story to newcomers.

I think we could do a great synopsis, though, and that would let them pick right up--maybe we could just explain what happened with Carly, and then they could start with America's chapters?

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

I think we could do a great synopsis, though, and that would let them pick right up--maybe we could just explain what happened with Carly, and then they could start with America's chapters?

yeah that's sounds fine.. since I still need to figure out my 'evidence' for an upcoming chapter..
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited May 2016
    @CathyTea @DarciTheFox @friendsfan367 @MadameLee @XSimMimX :)

Here is the link to my story as promised. :cookie:

The SIMple life of Una Reign

I have checked and the story has 10 chapters and the prologue so far but the chapters are quite short. I am hoping to get some new chapters up soon probably in around 2 weeks. hopefully it will give everyone plenty of time to catch up on the story so far.
    Also just letting you know I don't tend to post every week as Rl leaves me with less time to play as I would like so I tend to update with a few chapters every once in a while, For the purpose of the Reading circle I will try to adjust my schedule and attempt to update with a little more frequency.

Also I just want to check whether we are going to have any guidelines set up before we start or just make them up as and when we hit a roadblock/issue.
    cSXsPD.jpg

edited May 2016
    Omg, lunch with grandma turned into wine and lunch with grandma. Lol my grandma is such a giggly gossip. :D I think I know all the family secrets now.

Ok, catching up! Today is a leisure day for me so I have time to catch up and read. On today's list for reading is Cathy's wonder story and Charliimai's SIMple life of Una Reign. (I love that name! Una Reign, sounds so powerful.)

I don't see any other story links yet. I'll post mine when I get my laptop out here in a bit.

@CathyTea: Maybe on the first page or something there could be a post with all the authors and links to their stories?
    Post edited by DarciTheFox on
    I suggest we also steal that fabulous author profile that A Novel Idea has come up with and use it here so we can read more fun stuff about each other. B)

Only if everyone is comfortable with it tho, I know some people don't like to get into personal details like favorite things etc... What does everyone think? I'd check out Novel ideas thread to get an idea of what I mean. <3
    I suggest we also steal that fabulous author profile that A Novel Idea has come up with and use it here so we can read more fun stuff about each other. B)

Only if everyone is comfortable with it tho, I know some people don't like to get into personal details like favorite things etc... What does everyone think? I'd check out Novel ideas thread to get an idea of what I mean. <3

i just got here what are we talking about?
    edited May 2016
    Oh, there's a nice profile that group B has come up with for their authors to fill out that has fun questions and everything. I thought we should steal it. >:)
    edited May 2016
    Oh, there's a nice profile that group B has come up with for their authors to fill out that has fun questions and everything.

thats awesome lets do it.
    Yaaaaaaas! >:)

We will have CathyTea infiltrate their thread, distract them with tea and cookies, then steal it while cackling maniacally back to us. <3

I like a lot of the questions they chose for the profile, they came up with a good one.
    edited May 2016
    Ok, I started with Una Reign this morning and omg is it unique and brilliant. <3. Loved the sci-fi angle, the vessel holder and everything! Ok, still reading Una Reign, then next the wonder story. :)<3
    Yaaaaaaas! >:)

We will have CathyTea infiltrate their thread, distract them with tea and cookies, then steal it while cackling maniacally back to us. <3

I like a lot of the questions they chose for the profile, they came up with a good one.

LOL! I love it! See? I KNEW that Phoenix Puffclaws was the best name for us! We can't be held down! AND we look really sweet and innocent... but watch out! We're tricky! :wink:

I love the questionnaire idea! Let's do it! I'm just here for a few minutes... and I might have a really busy afternoon (or maybe not?), so some of this might spill over into the next day or over the weekend...

Also, let's think about our expectations for the group and our wishes for the group. I've pretty well thought out mine, and I'm hoping to get a chance to post them today.

Basically, think about your answer to these two questions:

1) What are your wishes for our group? What do you hope we get from it and give to it?

2) What do you expect from the group and group members? What would you like to agree to and what would you like others to agree to?

We can probably keep this really, really simple--and then, like @Charliimai suggests, address specific details as they rise up.

I'll be posting my answers to those questions as soon as I get a chance this afternoon!

I'll have to think it over and answer the questions in the morning I should have put the little ones to bed 30 minutes ago and they're getting cranky and arguing so be back then to try to read/catch up on anything I've missed.

Must say I'm enjoying everyone's stories I haven't managed to read as much as I'd hoped it's been a bad day but bedtime reading here I come..

Goodnight/day my fellow Puffclaws B)
    cSXsPD.jpg

Omg, lunch with grandma turned into wine and lunch with grandma. Lol my grandma is such a giggly gossip. :D I think I know all the family secrets now.

Ok, catching up! Today is a leisure day for me so I have time to catch up and read. On today's list for reading is Cathy's wonder story and Charliimai's SIMple life of Una Reign. (I love that name! Una Reign, sounds so powerful.)

I don't see any other story links yet. I'll post mine when I get my laptop out here in a bit.

@CathyTea: Maybe on the first page or something there could be a post with all the authors and links to their stories?

Absolutely! We'll do this soon! :)