Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop The Maid Service From Throwing Away Main Food Platters...

This has been a problem since the patch before the May 18 patch. My sims place a family platter on the counter for breakfast or lunch and the stupid maid throws away the leftover meals on the platter. My sims are all wealthy so this is not a money issue for any of them BUT it is extremely annoying and wasteful! I try to keep at least 5 different family meals in my sims' fridges so the kids can always have good meals when the parents aren't around or don't feel like cooking.

The maids should NOT be throwing away platters of food. Instead they need to "Put Away" the platters like a proper maid service would normally do. So many glitches continue to plague this game.
Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T

Comments

• madokamadoka Posts: 277 Member
    It's definitely annoying since the logical option would be to put good food in the fridge to eat as leftovers. Good thing I barely ever play with maids though- they're annoying all around.
    tumblr_n44s6oo9G21qztgoio1_500.gif
    Find my Legacy family tree here
  • simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    On the topic of maids - I would like Sims to be able to give maids and other service people directions - like - get off the computer - put away the food - clean that counter
  • MzShanteMzShante Posts: 7 New Member
    I am so incredibly annoyed by this. My sim literally just cooked the food and the maid threw it away before anyone could eat it! :s
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited July 2016
    simstr0ng wrote: »
    On the topic of maids - I would like Sims to be able to give maids and other service people directions - like - get off the computer - put away the food - clean that counter

Love this suggestion! "Hands off the toys" is another one that needs to go on the list of instructions. I remember arranging a battle scene from ships, action figures and horses for a household of geek sims. Took me ages to get it look right, as if the players had just left the table. Stupid maid came and picked up the horses and soldiers one by one to put them in the toy box. Fortunately door locks eased that problem a little since then, but it's still annoying when you play a household with several children and want a certain toy at a specific place.