Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation: Toddlers are not coming?

Proof for my title which Is speculation, but I personally believe to be fact.

247mh.jpg

Definition of Shoehorn: force into an inadequate space.
"people were shoehorned into cramped corners"

Toddlers won't have a spot on the foundation of the game because It will be too much, cramped, forced??

b96o2o.jpg
Source: http://gamerant.com/sims-4-toddlers-pools-missing-features-explained/ This Is a legit website.

It's even more of a hassle when GuruDrake said that the thread was to even help her understand why we want family play the way we want It and why Is It Important to us. The thread to me just seems like bait, honestly. Which seems to me that thread Is for her personally, to understand.

24azwch.jpg

It's a force trauma when your " use to be " favorite game slightly ditches your gamestyle, which Is Family Play. Everyone at some point plays with Families, some don't play with Toddlers/Children or Teens... but there are a lot of us who plays with Toddlers and Children and perhaps all of them.

Before the release of the Sims 4, Grant Rodiek (I believe he left) had a Q&A Interview about lifestages and here are his answers, vvv
(LEGIT INTERVIEW)
a0i04p.jpg

But wait.. Is this what caused Toddlers to be drafted out of the game??
2unu2w8.jpg

" We are focusing on gameplay and the sims themselves." 1 part of me Is saying that's the reason why they were taken out In the first place.

We're constantly asking about toddlers.. but we have yet to have 1 question answered?
But they answer about pets and cars?
bgw9rn.jpgCars
Source: http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/post/62016689872/qa-grant-rodiek-summary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7TNe3jzfTU

@30:25 he speaks about Pets.

And let's not forget the time SimsLatam answered our question for us.. about toddlers.
But wait, they deleted that Immediately? Why? Well, I'm guessing because they don't wanna talk about toddlers or even give them attention because they know that half of the fans they have will walk away because toddlers will not be coming, again this Is not fact, but this Is my opinion.

And yeah SimsLatam "might not be reliable" but let's not forget that their leaks are legit and real. It's only called Tactic.
Original photo:
294mj5c.jpg

Translation:
2ecq2hv.jpg

Ohhh yeaaahh.. let's not forget about that October photo that was leaked about the Toddler In the render for the CEO's celebration.
Perhaps that literately, legitmately was a gift to him and not to us.

14e4fiq.jpg
2qk5hn6.jpg

Oh wait.. let's define this word too!

1. Unique
being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.
"the situation was unique in modern politics"

Now... tormentively we have a render of the Sims 4 toddler, that will perhaps never end up In our games.
Now... we all constantly go Into the Ideas at a glance for toddlers thead, that will perhaps shape, form, and create Immersive toddlers.
Now... we who want them, will have to face a big problem with trying to know If they will actually, legitmately come Into our games.

This thread Is not to attack any employee of the studio, the CEO, or any gurus. My photos and sources are legit and not prohibited.
This thread Is to show you all my evidence, that toddlers could have been a mentioned mistake. They are not traditional In the series, and will not be treated as such. Here Is my OWN opinions, evidence, and photos. These statuses and updates are recent and some are 2015 Sept-Dec.

Comment what you think, your opinions, and beliefs. But here are mine.

Comments

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited May 2016
    I don't think the stickied toddler thread means anything either. It arose from SGDrake asking a question and probably just makes things easier for the mods to have one mega toddler thread. Even then I doubt many, if any at all, of the ideas in that thread will be implemented if they get added.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    *cough cough* sticky thread *cough cough*
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    I believe we'll get toddlers but not free in a patch. Toddlers would take a lot of time and money to put in Sims 4. No way is EA going to hand them to us. They'll be in a EP, but it may not be for awhile.
  • Options
    SimulanceSimulance Posts: 313 Member
    You make a really interesting thread, poppykoke. It's hard to know what we should think or believe. I'm just really, really hoping we get them back at some point, even though the further we get from the games launch the less likely that seems.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited May 2016
    I do think we'll get toddlers but only because of the huge demand for them.
    Which is the same reason why I think they'd be adding them to an EP instead of just an update... :|

I'm VERY sure that if toddlers weren't so requested by the fans, EA wouldn't even try to bring them back...
  • Options
    I actually have a theory that we WILL get toddlers in a patch. BUT, we'll get them in a patch that precedes a DLC related to the family play which will add a lot more of fun interactions between family members and/or toddlers.
    So basically we'll get toddlers for free. Though If we want them to be really fun, we'll have to get a family EP, or GP, or whatever it's gonna be. In this way they'll kill 2 birds with one stone. They'll make the fans happy and get their money back.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    So by this information, I think I know what happen. In my theory toddlers were suppose to be in the game .Or a least thought of it. Than after awhile they decided to revaluation the whole game. And decided the game should be just a adult party simulator .Instead of a simulation life game, with some unrealistic stuff.
  • Options
    So by this information, I think I know what happen. In my theory toddlers were suppose to be in the game .Or a least thought of it. Than after awhile they decided to revaluation the whole game. And decided the game should be just a adult party simulator .Instead of a simulation life game, with some unrealistic stuff.

LOL. However, it really does look like a party simulator haha

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I still think their coming. Why else would they have a toddler suggestion sticker on general?
  • Options
    Kaesi99Kaesi99 Posts: 32 Member
    > @poppykoke said:
    > Kaesi99 wrote: »
    >
    > I actually agree with you. I really want toddlers, but people will have to come to terms with the fact that we will most likely never see them in the Sims 4.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's not about us, customers, coming to terms. It's about the studio coming to terms with Its customers/fan. This feature Is so highly requested and I stated that It's not traditional, but many people do play with toddlers.

What I meant is that people should accept that they will never come to this game and move on. Either by never playing the game again or by deciding they don't actually need them that much. Do I think they sould be added? Yes. Do I think it's good for us to get false hopes up each and every single time there is a "hint"? No. That's all I was trying to say. Sorry for confusing people.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I still think their coming. Why else would they have a toddler suggestion sticker on general?

It's part of my proof In my paragraph, please read It carefully. @catloverplayer
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I can't help getting totally grumpy when devs ask for our help to understand why we want toddlers and family play. If that's not clear by now, it never will be. Just read Sparkfairy's OP of the stickied topic and there's your answer. It has has absolutely nothing to do with devs having or not having kids themselves, that's for sure.

Right? It's a game, I felt like the whole toddler thing only Implied for her (drake). It's like asking the boss, when can we have a lunch break? Well when you explain to me when you can, then I might give you an answer.. type of scenerio? But I'm just giving an example, no verbal attack on Drake.

But, she only announced that thread because she wanted a more better understanding of what Is " family play with toddlers and better animations/Interactions."
  • Options
    lalalalanalalalalalanala Posts: 102 Member
    edited May 2016
    I thought that they ran out of time because of deadlines....

ETA- i don't understand why people keep mentioning that picture. It was never meant for the fans. It is 100% unique. It was made for his family.
  • Options
    thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    I really want toddlers :(
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

• Options
    @Zafireria

How can we tell the numbers of " two thirds." we wouldn't know what they're comparing what to what, not only that but, I went on the Sims facebook page & It's the complete same just like the forums. People ask all the time In the comments section.
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    When they said they didn't want to shoehorn them in they simply meant that they didn't want to rush them and stick them in at the end when they wouldn't be complete or anywhere near what we would expect them to be. Instead they chose to leave them out; this means that they can come back to them at a later date if they so wish and put them in.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Everyone is always so outraged, but EA has done this with previous games, with barely a grumble from the players. It probably came as a surprise to them that anyone cared this time around.

In TSM the babies jumped straight to children, skipping the toddler stage. No one really seamed to care. There were a lot of complaints about not being able to build, and the checklist style quests, but nothing really about the lack of toddlers. It is easy to see why EA wouldn't have thought there would be a problem doing it a second time.

As for saying there would be all life stages and then removing it later, they did the same thing in Spore, also, with minimal complaint. There was supposed to be an aquatic stage between the bacteria and land stages. But it was removed last minute due to the 3-D movement being difficult.

So it kind of baffles me to see so much anger and backlash about something EA has done several times in the past, and no one cared then.

At this point, there are so many issues with this game for me that lack of toddlers isn't even on the radar.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top