Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know what's going to be annoying?

Your servers ALWAYS dropping the food. I noticed in the pictures and in the trailers that there is at least one server dropping food/dishes. There are minor things in The Sims that have been annoying in the past (for example: Random pillow fights in TS2), and I foresee this being one of those minor annoyances. Thoughts?
Watch my live streams and follow me on twitch!

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I think it will be either skill related (they get better with time) or trait related (Clumsy).

May also be deliberately caused by having a bad relationship with the waiter, or as a kind of Mischief interaction, perhaps.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Not to me... I'm sure it will be trait related, or server experience related. I think it will be good to not always have a wonderful experience when I take my sims out to eat.
    There is almost always a work around if you want a smooth experience also, like say at a party ect. I'm sure if it bothers me that much I'll figure it out. Like going into managed worlds and deleting the sim that always does it... or making friends with them in world and taking care of the situation the old fashioned way.
    I'm sure as a manager too you can find out pretty quick who the culprit is....
    But now more than ever I'm enjoying the mess ups in this game.
    egTcBMc.png
  • lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Oh, I forgot about the pillow fights in TS2! Now I miss them :lol:
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    It might be just a service skill. The lower it is the higher chance the server will have a few accidents like dropping food or getting the order wrong.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    Maybe the beauty of this pack is if you do get bad service you can buy that restaurant and fire the person responsible lol
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I will get annoyed with that pretty fast. As for the farting that was shown, the first sim to fart while my sims are dining will die on the spot!!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    As for the farting that was shown, the first sim to fart while my sims are dining will die on the spot!!!!
    or make sure no restaurant serves that bean dish from outdoor retreat?
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Well, you can also have hosts like this guy greeting your guests.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I will get annoyed with that pretty fast. As for the farting that was shown, the first sim to fart while my sims are dining will die on the spot!!!!

Same!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited May 2016
    Nope, not me! I will probably point and laugh the couple of times I see it, and then giggle on after. I loved it in Sims 2, plus, in Sims 3, I had a Clumsy Sim and every. time. she stumbled, or did something I would laugh. Sims 4.. when my Sims break dishes, I laugh. :x. I may have a problem.

Honestly, it just reminds me of myself. I'm a very clumsy person. o:)

and... LOL @ that host. I love the lady's look afterwards. *moves back..* D: "Ohh my..!"
  • DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    This whole OMG ZAAAAAANYYYYYYY! atmosphere is getting a little tiresome, tbh, and I actually have been enjoying Sims 4 quite a lot. There are things that I look at as annoyances, but those minor annoyances start to add up. The dropping of dishes could definitely get out of control, and the farting in general is already way over the top.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    It might be just a service skill. The lower it is the higher chance the server will have a few accidents like dropping food or getting the order wrong.

Maybe, if your waiter has the clumsy trait, they are more likely to drop plates.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I would chuckle and not find it annoying but for those who do I'm sure a modder will come out with a 'no dropping dishes' mod.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I won't mind it too much as long as the employees do their job. I usually don't hire employees with Retail, as they don't do what I tell them to do. Considering it's a restaurant, it sounds like you hire to employees. So if there skills are low and they drop a plate...it won't bother me too much.
    But if the employees act like the retail employees and do nothing, I will be majorly bummed out.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The waiters/waitresses could drop food on you in the sims 2. I think it will be more annoying in TS4 with emotions. That being said I think it will be amusing!
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I'll be more annoyed at the broken employees and magical chairs and group conversations and people never eating and leaving so my business goes under since they don't pay their bills and leave. Just like Get To Work! :'(
    If they won't fix that and are going with the same style this time with a new DLC how can we trust them this time? Trailers are scripted.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • RueSaultRueSault Posts: 116 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    I'll be more annoyed at the broken employees and magical chairs and group conversations and people never eating and leaving so my business goes under since they don't pay their bills and leave. Just like Get To Work! :'(
    If they won't fix that and are going with the same style this time with a new DLC how can we trust them this time? Trailers are scripted.

^^YES! I'm concerned my employees won't do their assigned jobs... or wear their assigned uniform.... AND YES.... Magical chairs is SO annoying... Why can't sims just stay in the same chair when they are in the vicinity of the same conversation? I was really enjoying the sims 4... but it just seems to be going downhill... I'm hoping they will fix it fast... I haven't even played for a month.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I'm sure that waiter is just a Sim with the Clumsy trait. It's not a new gameplay feature.
    You know Sims trailers. They always exaggerate.
    wJbomAo.png
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I think it would be cool if people performed their jobs based on their traits.

EG.Busboy/dishwasher:

A Slob sim would make a rubbish busboy/dishwasher because they hate chores and would be miserable (poor morale).
    A Neat sim, on the other hand would love their job, and be cheerful.
    A Squeamish sim would be OK unless the food was spoiled or they had to take the trash out/do other cleaning chores.
    Any other traits wouldn't have an effect and performance would be based on experience/skill.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I'm that person who will giggle at it every. single. time. Sorry?

Me too. I already love the working sims at the bars, pouring the drink directly on the ground, until they find out that the hand with the glass must be a bit closer.
  • AmeliaCantonAmeliaCanton Posts: 40 Member
    I wouldn't get too annoyed as long as it didn't happen every time a dish was ordered.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    As long as my Sims don't have to pay multiple times for a single dish, then I guess I'll be ok xD
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    Servers in Sims 2 would drop food on guests too, but it didn't happen all the time. I know this version of the sims has a habit of wearing out funny animations by making them happen too often or every time a low level skill is used, so I hope the food dropping is a random occurrence and not tied to skill level.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Hopefully the restaurant theme will influence this. A fancy, romantic restaurant may be less likely to have clumsy waiters than a burger joint.