Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stylist profession, is this a bug?

Okay, so I've got a sim with the stylist profession now. But every time they get a client said client only shows up at the last second... to cancel the appointment. Is this normal? Do you have to go to that sim's house to get them? If so, how do you know where the client actually is?
Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.

Comments

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2016
    They have map tags that show it.Go to your world map.I think it is a blowdryer/hairdryer symbol in gold star.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    edited May 2016
    Only map tag I've been getting is right on top of the salon, which shows up half way through the timer apparently. Which is why I've been so confused about how this is suppose to work.

EDIT: The client message is often showing up when in the middle of something, such as using a toilet. Does this break the map tag or something?

EDIT 2: The world is Midnight Hollow, does that affect things?
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    pineapplerunawaypineapplerunaway Posts: 153 Member
    It's happened a few times, but never more than once or twice. It could be a bug, I find Midnight Hollow to be a buggy town but I love it anyways.
    Get off my lawn!
  • Options
    Other then not knowing yet where sims in Midnight Hollow like to congregate after work for socializing, it's not been too buggy for me. Might have to try a styalist in a different world though, see if it works properly there.
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    That's odd. I played a stylist in Moonlight Falls once and it worked well. Sure, I had some peopla cancelling stuff at the beginning.
    Perhpas your stylist is inexperienced and people aren't into giving him/her a chance.
  • Options
    Inexperienced? Of course, new character after all. After getting a house and furnishing it, didn't have enough for a styling station. Let alone space for it, so joined the profession.