Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let´s make a list of things we want to get addressed during The Sims 4´s life cycle

ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
edited May 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hey! :)
I decided to make a list at things we want to get addressed by the team for The Sims 4 during its life cycle, so please tell me all the things (features/missing things/issues with the core gameplay) that bother you about the game right now!
This way we could ensure that the SimGurus will look at everything we have mentioned that NEED to be addressed so that majority of Simmers can be happy in the future as they play the game!
Feel free to start sharing your concerns about the game!
I´m gonna update this list as often as I am able to! :)

Please sticky this thread to some appropriate forum section @SimGuruDrake :)

FEATURES THAT NEED TO GET IMPROVED/LOOKED AT:
- Lack of color options in CAS, Build Mode etc. (Base game)
(Lack of hair colors, Create a Style/color wheel and pattern customization)
- Being able to choose the bed frame/sheet color separately like in TS2...And more energy 10 beds that aren't hideous.
- Dating system (Base game) (it needs to be much more like The Sims 2 Nightlife´s dating system, that was way more exciting!)
- Retail employees slacking way too often and not doing anything (GTW) (I thought this was fixed in an earlier update but I don´t think so)
- Retail employees not assigned as retail employees by the game (GTW) (the game doesn´t know that your retail store´s employees ARE working there if you play with those households)
- Lack of realistic careers that only are mentioned with NPC Sim titles (Base game) (if impossible to make these careers active, please at least add more careers like Gardener, Maid, Repairman, etc.) and lack of careers in general (more active+non-active careers would be nice!)
- Lack of newspapers makes the game feel less realistic to me, because the available work places are always all the careers that are in the game already (I think this was changed later in TS4, the game guide shows that there were only 5 available careers in a picture and not all) (Base game)
- The baby life stage. There are quite many ideas for the baby life stage improvements in the Ideas Corner. (Base game)
- Teens have to feel more like teens (Base game)
- Lack of club icons (Get Together)
- Sims can´t run their own cafes, spas, nightclubs, lounges etc. (Base game/GT/SD) Basically a real estate system is needed for the rest of the venues with the exception of retail stores and restaurants (DO)
- Emotion system. Emotions change way too fast at times, and that´s not very realistic in my opinion. (Base game)
- Memory system. There were way more options when we were able to choose what kind of emotion is attached to each Sim´s memory. Also memories need to be more individual and automatic like in The Sims 2. (Base game)
- Family trees. I want to see what traits my late Sims had, what aspirations they had, etc. Also, the genealogy panel needs to show the family relations way more widely (for example, cousins, aunts, uncles, second cousins etc.) (Base game)
- Larger family tree portraits (Base game)
- The meaning of traits to Sims in The Sims 4 is close to nothing. Even The Sims 3 handled the trait system with more care. The point system in The Sims 1 & Sims 2 was awesome, so why can´t we get a compromise? (Base game)

THE MISSING THINGS
- Toddler life stage. This should be #1 priority right now to address, no matter what.
- Create a World tool/more neighborhood editing tools.
- Cars
- Newspapers
- NPCs (burglars, policemen with their police cars, nannies, firemen, social bunny with an option to not show it in your game if you don´t want to, etc.)
- Water/pond tool
- Terrain tools (I know many Simmers want them back for whatever reasons they have)
- Landline phones
- Toilet stalls
- Urinals
- Food processor
- Trash compactors
- Video game consoles
- Being able to choose the Sims´relationship statuses in CAS (boyfriend/girlfriend, fiancé/bride, best friend forever, enemy, etc.)
Post edited by ULIBABA66 on

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2016
    You may add...
    Missing things:
    - Landline phones
    - Video game console
    - Toilet stalls
    - Urinals
    a256aFi.gif
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    You may add...
    Missing things:
    - Landline phones
    - Toilet stalls
    - Urinals

Thank you! :smiley:
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Also the video game console :)
    a256aFi.gif
    Also the video game console :)
    I loved that in TS2/TS3! <3
  • missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    This will end up in the feedback section soon.

Anyway, notoriously, Toddlers.

That is all.
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
    missmani09 wrote: »
    This will end up in the feedback section soon.

Anyway, notoriously, Toddlers.

That is all.

Lol, it´s alright as long as the Gurus will see and read it.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Hey! :)
    FEATURES THAT NEED TO GET IMPROVED/LOOKED AT:
    - Lack of color options in CAS, Build Mode etc. (Base game)
    (Lack of hair colors, Create a Style/color wheel and pattern customization)
    - Dating system (Base game) (it needs to be much more like The Sims 2 Nightlife´s dating system, that was way more exciting!)
    - Retail employees slacking way too often and not doing anything (GTW) (I thought this was fixed in an earlier update but I don´t think so)
    - Retail employees not assigned as retail employees by the game (GTW) (the game doesn´t know that your retail store´s employees ARE working there if you play with those households)
    - Lack of realistic careers that only are mentioned with NPC Sim titles (Base game) (if impossible to make these careers active, please at least add more careers like Gardener, Maid, Repairman, etc.) and lack of careers in general (more active+non-active careers would be nice!)
    - Lack of newspapers makes the game feel less realistic to me, because the available work places are always all the careers that are in the game already (I think this was changed later in TS4, the game guide shows that there were only 5 available careers in a picture and not all) (Base game)
    - The baby life stage. There are quite many ideas for the baby life stage improvements in the Ideas Corner. (Base game)
    - Teens have to feel more like teens (Base game)
    - Lack of club icons (Get Together)
    - Sims can´t run their own cafes, spas, nightclubs, lounges etc. (Base game/GT/SD) Basically a real estate system is needed for the rest of the venues with the exception of retail stores and restaurants (DO)
    - Emotion system. Emotions change way too fast at times, and that´s not very realistic in my opinion. (Base game)
    - Memory system. There were way more options when we were able to choose what kind of emotion is attached to each Sim´s memory. Also memories need to be more individual and automatic like in The Sims 2. (Base game)
    - Family trees. I want to see what traits my late Sims had, what aspirations they had, etc. Also, the genealogy panel needs to show the family relations way more widely (for example, cousins, aunts, uncles, second cousins etc.) (Base game)
    - The meaning of traits to Sims in The Sims 4 is close to nothing. Even The Sims 3 handled the trait system with more care. The point system in The Sims 1 & Sims 2 was awesome, so why can´t we get a compromise? (Base game)

1. The lack of colour wheel will not be addressed I think, because when you're working with genetics, you have to work that in before and not after you finished building the game. I do not miss it because lack of it reminds me of The Sims2.
    2. The dating system was not in base in The sims 2, so why would it be base now?
    3. Gardener, Maid, Repairman, etc was never a controllable sim career. So why now?
    4. Where I live there's no newspapers being delivered like that anymore, because newspapers are old media.
    5. Emotions. So you never go from focused while working to confident when the world is done? When you're happy you don't think that you would suddenly become very sad if someone died around you? The emotion system feels perfectly natural to me.
    6. Family trees. These options were never in the previous games, so why now?

Rest points in features that need improving I agree with. As for things missing, what you want and not want from that list is subjective, so I won't argue.
    edited May 2016
    @mirta000 Well, they can still make an external Create A Style tool for The Sims 4 into Origin, I hope <3
    Also, the dating system IS in The Sims 4, it´s just not as in depth as in The Sims 4. But I think I still agree with you on that though.
    Well, we COULD see the traits our Sims had in the family trees in The Sims 3, and that is a fact.
    And by the way, they don´t need to make those careers ACTIVE, but I just wish the NPC services´careers were actually in the game and the game would recognize them even if we play as those Sims.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited May 2016
    I wish the family tree portraits were larger and that ghosts were just grayed out in it, it's hard to see their features.
    Also pls make it so that we can choose bed frame/sheet color separately like in TS2...And more energy 10 beds that aren't hideous.
    Make the build items match more, there's a few fences/fence gates and rails/newels that don't match at all even though they should.
    Emotions shouldn't be connected to surroundings at all unless there's something with an aura, that's my biggest gripe with them.
    Also yes more traits/trait slots for all ages
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    @mirta000 Well, they can still make an external Create A Style tool for The Sims 4 into Origin, I hope <3
    Also, the dating system IS in The Sims 4, it´s just not as in depth as in The Sims 4. But I think I still agree with you on that though.
    Well, we COULD see the traits our Sims had in the family trees in The Sims 3, and that is a fact.
    And by the way, they don´t need to make those careers ACTIVE, but I just wish the NPC services´careers were actually in the game and the game would recognize them even if we play as the Sims.

oh wow, I must have missed it! I retract my point there then.
    mirta000 wrote: »
    And by the way, they don´t need to make those careers ACTIVE, but I just wish the NPC services´careers were actually in the game and the game would recognize them even if we play as the Sims.

oh wow, I must have missed it! I retract my point there then.

It´s ok :smiley:
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Hm, I can only think of cars, toddlers and maybe a small option to edit our own colours, not like cast with patterns but just simple colours :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Not a bad list at all :) I'd like to see tweaking of relationship culling and relationship creation so they don't impinge so much on rotational gameplay.

For the club icons quantity, I've been using a mod. Hoping it doesn't break, but I'm optimistic on that one - it doesn't seem like code that's likely to get changed. Access in-game without a mod to all the available icons would definitely be better, though.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Create a World should be top priority, give the builder a chance to build like back in the TS3 era.

I mean of course, we still for have a CAW tool for TS3 which is all very well for TS3 loyalists such as myself but what bout those who do like TS4 but are tired of the same setting?

Create a world for the win! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I think your list includes all I want to see back.

My top 4
    is:

1. Create a World. Please. And let us place lots. I desperately need this. I have created a Main Street in Willow Creeks commercial district but it would be much easier if I would just place several small lots closer together (I currently have 2/3 building per lot and they don't always work properly because of venue requirements).This leads me to...
    2. Combined venues. Let us create a nightclub and a bar. A library+cafe. And any others (as long as they're not "incompatible" eg library and nightclub). Why not? Make it work like in Ts2 where a store clerks would automatically spawn wherever you placed a cash register in the lot (and mixologist would spawn if you placed a bar, and baristas if you placed a cafe...).
    3. Toddlers. And preteens or younger teens (currently teens look 18).
    4. More accidents and random deaths. Possibly a difficulty slider.

With those four things, this would be the best sims game for me.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Random Sim generation. My game generates large diversity amongst female Sims, but I seem to only get Asian male Sims.

Also, I wish they'd remove certain CAS items from random Sim generation. I have been seeing lots of Sims with the tragic clown hair generated, and it's horrible, lol.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Random Sim generation. My game generates large diversity amongst female Sims, but I seem to only get Asian male Sims.

Also, I wish they'd remove certain CAS items from random Sim generation. I have been seeing lots of Sims with the tragic clown hair generated, and it's horrible, lol.

They fixed that in yesterday's patch.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

This too...and please, please fix the "single mom" household that endlessly generates after a while. Eventually my town had no diversity because of it and I edited almost all of them to look completely different
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    I think your list includes all I want to see back.

My top 4
    is:

1. Create a World. Please. And let us place lots. I desperately need this. I have created a Main Street in Willow Creeks commercial district but it would be much easier if I would just place several small lots closer together (I currently have 2/3 building per lot and they don't always work properly because of venue requirements).This leads me to...
    2. Combined venues. Let us create a nightclub and a bar. A library+cafe. And any others (as long as they're not "incompatible" eg library and nightclub). Why not? Make it work like in Ts2 where a store clerks would automatically spawn wherever you placed a cash register in the lot (and mixologist would spawn if you placed a bar, and baristas if you placed a cafe...).
    3. Toddlers. And preteens or younger teens (currently teens look 18).
    4. More accidents and random deaths. Possibly a difficulty slider.

With those four things, this would be the best sims game for me.

You know, the second one they could do it so, that we can set a "type" for each building. So like, you know you can click on a building and place it somewhere else, maybe they can add the option to select what type of building it is, making it so that it's a combined venue!

Also, more accidents and deaths like you said, Sims 4 is a bit too happy right now, nothing really.. happens.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited May 2016
    I'd like traits to actually have a more discernible effect. All sims seem to behave the same because emotions override traits. And linked with this is the A.I. of the sims themselves; it seems less advanced than the predecessors.

I'd like sims to stop all using the same bathroom.

Can loners actually act like they are please?

I'd like the ability to switch off random sims. I liked customising my towns in 3 with only the sims I wanted to be in my town.

Also the constant smiling all the time is annoying. It seems especially odd that mean sims do this.
    Post edited by blueturtleotter on
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I miss chemistry (dating) and likes/dislikes. And I miss memories.

Also, I enjoyed the Sims 2 base game private school thing - where you invite headmaster over and try to get your kid in the private school. And I miss school uniforms. Oh, and the cars or helicopters that would pick up sims for carpool. I also kind of miss the marry a dead rich sim aspiration. But, for me, those things aren't nearly as important as memories and chemistry.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2016
    Here is what I think/want:

Patches:

Improve all the traits and how they affect interactions
    Zodiac Signs
    Biographies
    Turn-ons and turn-offs
    Toddlers
    Teen acne
    Better party system and scheduling
    No more goal system/event system (I would keep the timer)
    Body hair

Paid content:

Freetime GP
    City EP
    Vacation EP or multiple Vacation GP's
    Pets EP
    Farming EP
    Seasons EP
    Generations GP/EP
    Makin' Magic EP
    Superstar EP
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    For those that miss memories - they are there! And have been since the game implemented. It's kinda buried in the camera control section In The UI , but any image captured in game can be made into a memory and have an emotion chosen by the player assigned to it. Check it out - it's a cool feature.
    SkyeChimes wrote: »
    For those that miss memories - they are there! And have been since the game implemented. It's kinda buried in the camera control section In The UI , but any image captured in game can be made into a memory and have an emotion chosen by the player assigned to it. Check it out - it's a cool feature.
    Didn't they get changed in a patch though? Or at least I think they were, they seem different from when I last used them (which was a while ago)
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    SkyeChimes wrote: »

I think they might mean they miss automatic memories like The Sims 2 had. I could be wrong, but that's generally what I assume when I see people saying they want memories.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5