Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer pre-made Sims or CAS?

I find that I mostly play with Sims I have created, but have seen a lot of posts on here about the pre-made Sims. So which do you prefer playing with? The ones that you create yourself, with a specific story in mind, or the ones that already have a backstory and skills/jobs/friends? I wonder if perhaps I am limiting myself because I haven't really just dove into a pre-made Sim's life and started living it. Some of the families and/or single Sims that are pre-made seem pretty interesting, but I also know with the way I micro-manage everything, I don't want to mess up their stories. LOL... like they're real people, right?!?

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Premade sims. <3<3 They are really cute.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    Yes, @CravenLestate, your love for the premade Sims is known across the forums! LOL :D
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I've always preferred playing with my own sims (created in CAS or born in my game). I do use premades in my stories sometimes though, there are some real interesting families.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I have tried playing with premades, but just can't connect to them. I pretty much just play with my own Sims. An exception might be that my current Sim acquired a boyfriend at University, and I added that premade to my household. But I also gave him a makeover, a new wardrobe, and juggled his traits a bit to make him a Sim I cared to play. So not so much premade as remade.
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I like making and playing with my own sims. Sometimes, I'll take a sim from the bin or a townie and give them a makeover/tweaking but most of the time, I like to see what I can come up with on my own ;)
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I find taking an ordinary townie and turning their life 180 degree makes for an interesting story. My best example is what I did with Blair Wainwright:

Screenshot-1194_zpszk1kcpmo.jpg
    By having (sweet and innocent) Blair do more and more EVIL things to others, I corrupted her mind to the point where she's now dark and sinister!
    Screenshot-170_zpsee83dqfx.jpg
    I got to say that I'm quite pleased how Dark Blair turned out >:)

My current EVIL universe Sim is Morgana Wolff:

01_zps7wfkad4l.jpg
    02_zpstycmazem.jpg
    Some new threads...
    Screenshot-190_zpspwn7f0fx.jpg
    ...and some new wheels! :sunglasses:
    mourn_zpsmgepkgnp.jpg
    Morgana's first victim... Clair Ursine
    arrested_zps0qwwim7x.jpg
    Her second... some random Sim named Walter Closet. I never heard of him, have y'all?
    EVIL_zpsssd0k34q.jpg
    Her latest... Miraj Alvi

She still mourns after a death, so she still needs more training. She's still learning the path to the Dark Side Of The Force! >:)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I don't like playing with premade sims at all and I love creating sims of my own. Sometimes I'll occasionally give townies makeovers though
  • SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    I have my cas Fav I can not help but put her in all my games with her horse Alona. I am having to redo her in all my games thought becouse her cheek bone was a bit messed up after i redone her lol.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

there are Pre-made Sims I like but I like starting with my own Sims. I can marry some into the family but they're not as special to me as the ones I make. :)
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    I prefer to play sims I create or that are born in the game. I sometimes once in awhile get into premade sims stories but most of the time they are only played with if they are joining my current family Im playing with. Other then that they usually arent played.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    CAS 100% of the way, but that's because I'm a CC junkie. I like doing townie makeovers too. I do also really like my in-game born simmies too.

25929409153_7f526c343f.jpg
    26506332206_46bfcafd5c.jpg
    (Guy in the very top right square is in-game born sims, and so is the guy in the navy blue square, many of the others are NPC pudding townie makeovers)
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I can't create to save my soul, but I can take existing stuff, both sims and buildings, and edit them to what I want or need. So I prefer pre-mades.

My only attempt at creating was my Amber and Tiffani.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    In the past I often played with premades, I let them murder their enemies, but now I mostly play with self made or in game born sims, or in other words: with my heir for my legacy and their spouse.
    Though I use townies in stories. I don't totally ban them from my game.
  • KethKeth Posts: 165 Member
    edited May 2016
    CAS. And I generally prefer to create the entire family. Sometimes I'll CAS and move them in to an existing household which can be interesting; that's how I played when TS3 first came out. Now, I'm partial to starting with a Teen with CAS parents/grandparents though that means I usually have to use MasterController to give the parents skills so they can get jobs (I prefer to focus on my Teen and let the parents act autonomously once they have a job).

I love some of the Sims I've seen others create but it's too hard to keep track of what CC they might be using (especially with a game that's only using 3.7 of my 16 GB of RAM)
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Premade sims. <3<3 They are really cute.

I think your favorite is your sim self who is not a premade. But have you ever played a game without your sim self? It is only your main sim's love interests that are premades.

I am similar in that I almost always play a main female sim I created, although not always the same exact one. But it's my main sim's love interests where we differ. They can be created by me entirely, EA sims that I have tweaked, other people's sims I have downloaded and tweaked. But in all cases any sims in my household have gone through slider tweaking in CAS by me.

The only exception was when I played my legacy game. The rules did not allow for tweaking. It also required using only townies for spouses to legacy sims. That's when I started to appreciated EA townie sims more but I still prefer sims I have created or altered.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Justine Keaton. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I generally use premade sims, but save them to the CAS bin and remake them to the sim I want to play at the time. I usually don't change the face too much, but I tend to redo hair, clothing, and especially traits. And usually the name too.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I mix it up but I do like playing premades. They can be so interesting and sometimes I don't feel like building character for my own sims.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    I occasionally do premades when they socialize with/marry into my sim families.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Always my own sims. There are some fun characters in the premades, but I hate how they look. I prefer more realistic proportions and defined features in the face than they tend to have... I'm shallow, looks matter and they so don't have the look I strive for.
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    Usually I'll play with sims I've created myself, seeing as how I already have a story planned out for them and because I feel more connected to them. The only time I play with a pre-made sim is if their married into the family but I give them a makeover so they look more appealing, at least in my eyes that is.
  • marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    I typically start with CAS, but end up acquiring townies and eventually give my guys the boot. My most recent started off as a single Witch (Warlock?) in Midnight Hollow in the Ghostbuster career. He took a vacation to Sunset Valley, married Agnes Crumplebottom, who I decided must be the black sheep of the Crumplebottom sisters (the oldest sister has many shared traits), so added them to her family tree and we'll see where it goes from there. Agnes is actually pretty cute once you get rid of the Bettie Bangs hairstyle and make some light changes to the makeup (thanks @CravenLestat for giving me the idea). I haven't offed or booted my guy yet, but we'll have to see what happens. It's been a while since one of my CAS guys died of old age, so maybe I'll keep him around for a while.
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    I definitely prefer CAS or better yet Sims created from family play, I just love seeing how parental genetics mix together(or just clone themselves , either way the result is fun to see). I do marry townies into the family, but I always give them make-overs to personalize them and make them more my own.
  • HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    All of these answers really surprised me! I really thought that a lot of you were playing with the premade Sims! LOL

Good to know that I'm not alone in my love of CAS and feeling like I'm more connected to the ones I create, while basically leaving the townies and premades alone. Every once in a while, I'll try to get the Sims I've created to fall in love with or marry or have a baby with a premade, but so many times they are already in relationships and I just can't get "close" to them. I will change how they look or change their traits, I don't think there are any that I haven't tweaked in one way or another.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I always do CAS. What I do is create sims that represent my own family and then I make other households for my extended family. I had to stop making several houses for extended family because I suspected it caused my game to take 1-2 hours to load. Yikes! Of course I shut off aging because it would be too weird to see that happen to my family. After a few years I began to venture into premade families, but I didn't like it as much. I have never played the game where the sims age and I have to keep having children.