Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Bachelor/Bachelorette Challenge Thread

swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
0MPLFTO.jpg

Hello Simverse! Who doesn't love a story of love? What about a story of seven or more strangers forced to live in a house and compete against each other in the hopes of winning the heart of one person? Well if you answered hell yes or yes or even maybe to those questions then this is the perfect thread for you!

The hope for this thread is to serve as an index to all the amazing Bachelor/Bachelorette stories/LP's/challanges that are out there in the simverse. It will also be a place where we can talk about our experiences playing this challenge and ask questions to others who are interested in playing it, currently playing it or have finished it.

If you are not familiar with the challenge it basically follows the same premise of the popular tv show The Bachelor. You have one male or female sim who will be looking for love and seven other sims of the opposite gender who will serve as your contestants. The main objective is to play until there is only one contestant left who is your sims soulmate! If you want full on rules I've linked two popular versions of the challenge below:

Bachelor/Bachelorette Challenge Option One
Bachelor/Bachelorette Challenge Option Two

Unlike other challenges there's no right or wrong way to play this so feel free to tweek or go off script when you play :)

I will be creating a list of the Bachelor/Bachelorette stories/LP's/challanges on this first page. If you would like me to include yours just leave a comment with the following:

Origin ID
Link to blog or whereever you are hosting you challenge
Name of blog if you want it listed

I hope you enjoy this thread and I cannot wait to hear about all of your challenges!

-INDEX OF CHALLENGES -

The Bachelor: Disney Princess Edition by Swcheppes
Sim-ply Awesome Stories

The Bachelorette: Disney Sidekicks Edition by Swcheppes
Sim-ply Awesome Stories

Virtualee's Disney Bachelor Challenge by Virtualee
Virtualee's Youtube Channel

suRdkSd.jpg
Post edited by swcheppes on

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Awesome idea! We recently featured these in Book Club, so if anyone is looking for conversations about three really well-written and entertaining Bachelor's Challenges, you can find it there!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    :) wonderful idea
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    edited May 2016
    I would honored if you added my playlist:

Origin ID: VIRTUALL33
    Virtualee's Disney Bachelor Challenge
    Virtualee Youtube Channel Link Here: Virtualee

Also I am having anxiety over my first elimination!! EEEEps!
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited May 2016
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »

You're added! You'll get through it believe me :)

This is a great question for the thread:

How did you feel after your first elimination? We're you happy or heartbroken? Did any part of you want to claim do over?

For me I was really upset with my first elimination. The first girl that got eliminated in my Disney princess challenge was a favorite of mine and I was really sad I wasn't going to get to play with her. The same is happening with my current season I'm playing (season 3). Truthfully I contemplated doing it over so I could get another outcome but in the end I decided to not give in.
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »

You're added! You'll get through it believe me :)

This is a great question for the thread:

How did you feel after your first elimination? We're you happy or heartbroken? Did any part of you want to claim do over?

For me I was really upset with my first elimination. The first girl that got eliminated in my Disney princess challenge was a favorite of mine and I was really sad I wasn't going to get to play with her. The same is happening with my current season I'm playing (season 3). Truthfully I contemplated doing it over so I could get another outcome but in the end I decided to not give in.

Thank YOU. And yes, it is difficult but I have the viewers of the channel voting for who stays. At least they have a say in who stays in the game which relives responsibility on my end and gives everyone an opportunity to save their favorite :) - less painful imo - but they all have such rich backstories I am sad I won't be able to fully explore them when a contestant is eliminated.