Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Active Careers (More careers in general)

After watching the trailer I was super excited that there may have been an opportunity for some new careers. Then it was confirmed that we cannot be chefs, waiters or hosts/hostess. Then what's the point?!?

I don't want to complain, but we need new careers (active, non-active and part-time, as well as self-employed)

Comments

• Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I think they will be added in the future, hopefully. I was also expecting that, but owning a restaurant could also be fun. I hope we get some of the ones from Ambitions, especially Firefighter, Architectural Designer and Sculptor/Inventor.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I do not want GTW styled active careers.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    vintagesaturdayvintagesaturday Posts: 258 Member
    I want more careers too. I hate having all sims work the same like 5 jobs.
    Gallery : VintageSaturday // Simblr : S.E. Sims
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I just want more normal career choices, like construction, banker, teacher, dentist, etc. I don't want all my sims to be in the same few careers.
  • Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    I'm not complaining, I'm excited for this gp it looks interesting and as if it adds some excitement to gameplay, but I just want some more careers. I hope that's in the near future because I only play with a few careers, not all.

And although I didn't enjoy ts3 ambitions much, I love the gtw careers, especially the doctor and detective careers.

I wonder if players need gtw in order to own restaurants in this upcoming gp...
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think DO will stand alone from GTW, so, no, I don't think you'll need GTW.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I think DO will stand alone from GTW, so, no, I don't think you'll need GTW.

OK yeah I was hoping that. I have GTW, but I was thinking that it would have sucked for players without GTW to not be able to own restaurants.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Same. I rather have more freedom than just repetitive checklists. I rather have Sims do what job related things they want to increase the work performance bar.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    Same. I rather have more freedom than just repetitive checklists. I rather have Sims do what job related things they want to increase the work performance bar.

Honestly, whether it's an active or non active career, they still have a checklist that they have to follow to ensure that they're career progresses. There's no difference, except for the fact that you get to follow your Sim to work while the other focuses on the "ideal" mood and advancing in some skill.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I'm glad we get to at least own the restaurant, but...what really would be the point if we can't be hands-on with it? Though I'm tempted to make a "Sim Kitchen Nightmares!"
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited May 2016
    Well I think owning a restaurant and retail store could become careers if they put in self employment. I hope they do that because self employment would really help track the money being brought in for your sims business. It could also be used for artist, writers, gardeners, etc. :) It could also help fulfill ambitions sims career goals.
  • Options
    Well I think owning a restaurant and retail store could become careers if they put in self employment. I hope they do that because self employment would really help track the success of your sims business. It could also be used for artist, writers, gardeners, etc. :)

I totally agree. I have a Sim right now that is working part-time (thanks to a mod) and is doing some gardening on the side. She honestly makes more gardening than working, but if she was considered self-employed it would have been cool if she was able to deliver her produce or have other Sims come pick them up.
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    I would like some more self employed jobs, like a caterer/florist/designer
  • Options
    lmusic wrote: »
    I would like some more self employed jobs, like a caterer/florist/designer

Those ideas are awesome and creative. I never thought if those. I know the designer career was in ts3, but the florist and caterer takes it to a new level.
  • Options
    SamtapletSamtaplet Posts: 151 Member
    hey guys i found 3 mods that introduce 3 new careers. However im a new member so i cant post the links please like this comment and once i am a member i will post the links. Also there is a way to make any career active find zerbu's turbo career mod.
    Origin Id: ActuallySammy
  • Options
    SamtapletSamtaplet Posts: 151 Member
    After watching the trailer I was super excited that there may have been an opportunity for some new careers. Then it was confirmed that we cannot be chefs, waiters or hosts/hostess. Then what's the point?!?

I don't want to complain, but we need new careers (active, non-active and part-time, as well as self-employed)

You could get the biology career and the politic career and have you tried the teacher career it works for some people. BTW the teacher may work for you even if its out of date. It works for me.

http://modthesims.info/browse.php?gs=4&f=229&showType=1
    http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/130510778822/the-sims-4-politics-mod-pack
    Origin Id: ActuallySammy
  • Options

Samtaplet wrote: »
    hey guys i found 3 mods that introduce 3 new careers. However im a new member so i cant post the links please like this comment and once i am a member i will post the links. Also there is a way to make any career active find zerbu's turbo career mod.
    Samtaplet wrote: »

You could get the biology career and the politic career and have you tried the teacher career it works for some people. BTW the teacher may work for you even if its out of date. It works for me.

http://modthesims.info/browse.php?gs=4&f=229&showType=1
    http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/130510778822/the-sims-4-politics-mod-pack

Thank you for the links....really helpful. I had no idea about these careers. :)
  • Options
    MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member

Same! Please do not make the careers like a checklist, more like a sandbox plz
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member

Same! Please do not make the careers like a checklist, more like a sandbox plz

Same. I really like the active careers with GTW but the goals don't always match what I want to do with that Sim that day. I think it's good to have goals there, because I think some players do enjoy having challenge-based gameplay. But I wish they were optional, or I could ignore them without consequence. Or at least re-roll them until something more appropriate shows up.

I do really like active careers though. With the option to still send them alone if I'm playing with a different household member that day.
  • Options
    kerplukeekerplukee Posts: 180 Member
    Personally I don't like when your sim is at max level of career(i.g. he's the boss) and then if he doesn't go to work he got a call from the boss not liking how he's working.. like, really?I'm the boss :| moreover I'd like job careers like maid and mail man: if you marry your maid and then she moves in with you, she automatically has no job.

by the way I'd like the vet career
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    @kerplukee Actually with a Dectiive career there would be a boss above you really. In Canada it would be called the Superindent Chef. And here in Canada there's a college of Doctors who are a boss of ALL doctors.
    6adMCGP.gif