Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask a question/ Answer a question

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    A: That mohawk for women that Tia Rose keeps wearing. When I find her in it, I always CAS her and re-hairstyle her.
    Q: What would be the best EP that could have been substituted in place of Showtime/Late Night? Should they have just waited on releasing Late Night and amalgamated it into Showtime just making it into one Entertainment EP?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    A: It could be a great idea to merge them into one general "entertainment" EP. The singers need paparazzi, the vampires are already included in Supernatural. [I'm guessing one expansion pack is designed to resemble New York while the other one is Los Angeles because these places are where the entertainment industry]. But speaking of Late Night, they could have used Bridgeport to be a crime/mafia city, or a background to some superheroes style Gotham in Batman.

Q: [It is an informative basic question which I'm really not sure about the answer yet] In Build mode, what is the fifference between "Vistors allowed" to "No visitors allowed" ? I'm seeing visitors either way...
  • Options
    I'll post another question instead of the one above.

Q: Did you ever played a story that is deliberately sad / tragic?
  • Options
    BishybriBishybri Posts: 35 Member
    Not deliberately, but some of my sims had unexpected deaths that did alter my entire gameplay to be more tragic.
  • Options
    Wow I forgot to put a question.I am sorry.
    Q:What townie always produces great looking kids for you?
  • Options
    A: River_portrait.jpg
    Who else. :D

Q: If you had to choose a townie to start a legacy, which townie would you choose and why?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    A: There are a few options- I would like it to be someone good looking in my opinion, but not a pudding face, someone with unique features. I don't know well enough all the townies in all worlds, but in Sunset Valley - I think Jared Frio / Bella Bachelor as YA. In Riverview... maybe Sherman Bagley? He could create a good a story I think. I tried a legacy with a male sim I created, who married Ruby Broke - and it was challenging, I learned that a legacy would probably go better without too many family members to begin with.

Q: What is the maximum number of kids from one sim that you had in game?
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    A: 6. I was doing the Surrounded by Family LTW and had the sim get the fertility treatment. She had 3 sets of twins.

Do you prefer small or large families?
  • Options
    A: Large family / household [family memberes / roommates]. More interesting :smile:

Q: Do you prefer to play with family / roommates / single sim ?
  • Options
    KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    A. Families
    Q. Who are Townies/premade sims who you actively avoid when playing?
  • Options
    A: In my game in SV - Jolina, Keaton, Single Moms, Steel, Wainwright - these are usually least played.
    Q: What is your favourite challenge or you do not play challenges ?
  • Options
    HuffleFluffStuffHuffleFluffStuff Posts: 29 Member
    A: It changes all the time. Right now, I'm obsessed with the Amazon Tribe challenge !

Q: What was the most detailed backstory you ever made up for one of your sims ?
    FB-final-trailer-niffler-slide.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Q: [It is an informative basic question which I'm really not sure about the answer yet] In Build mode, what is the fifference between "Vistors allowed" to "No visitors allowed" ? I'm seeing visitors either way...

Theoretically, "No Visitors Allowed" restricts NPCs from congregating on that lot...supposedly. I'm sure there are a few traits that affect whether or not said sims care about rules.
    Q: What was the most detailed backstory you ever made up for one of your sims ?

A: My JAG sim - which was an OC
    Toshio "Animal" Nakamura
    Would be played in real life by
    "Garrett 🐸🐸🐸🐸"(Star Trek: Voyager)

Toshio "Animal" Nakamura started out as a "Marty Stu" back in Grade 10 high-school almost 28 years ago after seeing Top Gun for the first time back in 1986. (Author's Note: Yes, I wanted to fly F-14s (never happened) but now I'm happy as a land-lubbing wildlife photographer who is happily married with kids to a loving wife who has grown away from the TV show JAG that brought us together and is now happily watching Supernatural, Outlander, and Criminal Minds. For me, TV began with Airwolf and ended with JAG, both Bellisario shows.)

He gradually grew as a character with more realistic foibles and weaknesses as my ability to write better characters grew. He also ended up becoming a regular character in my JAG fanfiction. This character description gives a better idea of Animal as a character in the fanfics.

Character Description:

His demeanor is generally irritable, sarcastic, doesn't let Harmon Rabb Jr. get away with much because he figures that Harm's going to crash his aircraft. He doesn't like "Sarah"; Harm's biplane though Harm has offered him many times to take him up mainly because he feels that the only thing holding him in the airplane and keeping him from making a high-impact collision with the ground is a cheap harness made by the lowest bidder. He does suffer from a fear of heights, though while strapped to the F-14 securely makes him feel safe. He also is quick to judge, even though more times than not, he is usually right. However when he does make mistakes, it's hard for him to apologize (his pride doesn't allow him to bend very far). Animal, like Harm, has a strict moral code that he adheres to. He is also devoted to his parents and especially to his late grandfather, a veteran who served with the 442/100 RCT overseas in Italy. Animal is 3/4s Japanese-American. His grandfather married a Caucasian woman (who was interned in Tule Lake during WWII because she married a Japanese-American and remained there while her husband was off fighting in Italy) and his half-Japanese father married a Japanese-American woman. Animal's grandmother was faithful to his grandfather and Animal keeps their memory alive by remembering them every year at Arlington Cemetery.

Character Biography (so far):

Animal/Meg Timeline:

Animal was born in 1958 making him five years older than Harm. Graduating high-school in 1976, he was commissioned as an officer in the United States Navy in 1980 after completing his degree in Military Science at the University of Rochester through the NROTC program there.

Animal is considered a MiG Killer after downing 2 MiG 29s over Iraq (fictional as in real life F-14s were shut out of the fixed wing kill ring. The only kill was a Mi-8 and that wasn't a kill by the VF-41. It was shot down by the VF-1 Wolfpack). He will later add to that total over the skies of Kosovo by shooting down a third MiG 29 and a Sukhoi Su-27. He does not achieve ace. But the four shoot-downs earn him a second and third award of the Distinguished Flying Cross.

However in 1995, his squadron, the VF-41 Black Aces, are transferred to the Pacific Fleet and the events that make him a recipient of the Medal of Honor happen. That incident involved the rescue of a downed naval flight officer in North Korea where the then LCDR Nakamura was wounded in the arm twice while finagling his way into a rescue mission. During the ensuing investigation (conducted by a LT Harmon Rabb Jr. and LT jg Meg Austin) CDR "Rabbit" Campbell lays charges of disobeying a direct order and insubordinate behavior towards a superior officer charges in a blatant attempt to scuttle the nomination of the MOH. He is battlefield promoted by the battlegroup commander to O-5, and 2 years later is awarded the Medal of Honor and the Purple Heart in a ceremony in Washington DC at the White House.

Normally MOH recipients are taken off active duty, but Animal manages to finagle his way into two more deployments including the one over Kosovo where he engages both a MiG 29 and a Su-27 in the same sortie. After a CAG tour as an O-6 he is deep-selected RDML then frocked to RADM to take charge of the Naval Strike Air Warfare Center Command in Fallon NV taking over from the commander who moved the operation there. With his frocking to RADM, it's clear that Animal is on the fast-track to higher rank.

Animal/Other Timelines:

(Still in progress)

The Character Ribbon Rack:

Like Harm's rack, Animal's ribbon-rack is substantial in size.

Animal_ribbonrack.gif

Topped by the Medal of Honor, by the time Animal is promoted to full-admiral, he has a substantially sizable rack. Each of those awards has a back-story and will be told as the fics go along.

Animal_Admiral_DoD_portrait_aged.jpg

Screenshot-17.jpg
    Admiral Tosh "Animal" Nakamura in Sims 3 form.

Then-Lieutenant Commander Toshio "Animal" Nakamura's Congressional Medal of Honor Citation.

ToshioNakamura_MedalofHonor_citation.jpg

So really, I didn't do a whole lot of backstory after I started playing Sims 3. :D

I did a lot of the back-story while writing fan-fiction for JAG at FF.net. :D

Q: What character do you feel the most affinity with?
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options

A:

Theoretically, "No Visitors Allowed" restricts NPCs from congregating on that lot...supposedly. I'm sure there are a few traits that affect whether or not said sims care about rules.
    @Nikkei_Simmer thanks for the answer! :smile:
    Q: What character do you feel the most affinity with?

A: I don't think I can relate to any of the EA pre-mades nor the sims I create by myself. I created my simself but I don't tend to play with her. I actually enjoy to play sims that are different than me, or that are similar to me in just small stuff, but anyway I enjoy to explore different types of characters.

Q: Do you feel like the sims worlds represent the environment you live in?
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    edited April 2018
    A: No, the environment I live in it's kinda semi arid but with palm trees and surrounded by the ocean. I would like to say that Lucky Palms it's similar, but the soil seems to be more of the sandy type and rich in colour (here sand it's only on the beaches and kinda pale kinda greyish), besides it doesn't have many plants outside the city, I mean the ones outside my city are the type that look permanently dry (unless it's rain season) and cactus but still, way more plants than LP :lol:
    And now that I'm checking pictures of my state... it's kind of a weird place :joy:

Q: Have you ever had a Game Over? how it was? (I did have one... a child died on a fire caused by a fireplace and then her grandma followed along...)

zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    A: I had an unusual game over once. I temporarily switched to the ghost household in Midnight Hollow because there was only 1 ghost left when there used to be 3. I realized that the ghosts were autonomously using the "return to the netherworld" interaction, and thus disappearing from the game. I decided to send the last ghost there too, so he could be with his family. Then, I got a game over. It said something along the lines of, "The last ghost has returned to the netherworld..." and I had the option to return to the main menu or pick a new household. I just chose pick a new household and went back to my usual one.

Q: What was the most unusual death you've experienced in the game?
  • Options
    A: The most unusual death I experienced in game was the time the vending machine fell on my sim and killed him.This was when I first got University Life and didn't know this was a possibility. I was suprised to say the least.

Q:Do your sims go to prom on prom night, or do they skip it and do something else?
  • Options
    A: They definitely go! It's an easy way to get them a partner that will become their spouse when they're older. Just ask a good friend to prom and they're dating by the end of the night!

Q: Staying on the topic of Generations, what do you do with imaginary friends?
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    A: I played with the IF a couple times, just to see what they are like. They are creepy, and interrupt my kids, and get in the way. I delete the doll with TestingCheats. Real friends are better. :D

Q: How many kids are too many, for you?
  • Options
    A: 3. After 2, it gets too hectic.

Q: What was the first EP you got?
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    A: Pets! Because my sis and I are huge pet lovers :>

Q: Have you ever accidentally killed a Sim?
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    A: Of course. Not often—I'm pretty careful—but sooner or later, something's gonna happen. For example, a couple of years ago, I was playing with a very large family (maybe 16 or so) and I wanted to figure out how a couple of things worked, so I split off two YA sons and followed them as they moved out. At one point, I sent one of them to the pool to fulfill a wish, and his family showed up there as well. I wanted to know if any skills influenced whether a sim can win a hold breath contest, so I had the son challenge his father, who was level 10 in athletics. The dad just up and drowned as I was watching.

Even though this was a side project that I never intended to keep playing long-term, I just had to quit without saving.

Q: When you play with a writer, how do you choose the type of books your sim writes? Do you skill up until a category becomes available, churn out a few in each genre until you unlock the category you want, just pick fiction and stick with it, etc.
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    A: I haven't even thought about playing a writer.

Q: Do you wish EA would have made it possible to have more than one color of parakeet? I have ten and they are all differnet colors.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    A: I don't even think my sims have ever had parakeets.

Q: At what age do your sims usually meet their future spouses?
  • Options
    A: Teens / Young adults. I really like couples that met as teens. also I have some kids that are now friends and I intend to make them romatic at some point at the future when they are old enough (Arlo Bunch and Irene Funke for example). I hope i'll get to this point because I play on epic lifespan, perhaps I should speed things up:)

Q: Do you play with CC worlds? If yes- how many do you have installed?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top