Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you play "Dine Out"

Comments

• halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited May 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »
    OMG, I just thought of something bad. lol What if it's like the doctor's career where the nurse stands around (waitress) and the other doctor (the chef) and you have to do all of the work in those tasks lists? I mean the other Sims could be there just for looks. lol

This is possible and if they took that long to do it this way then no one should buy anything from them again.
    Post edited by halimali1980 on
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Restaurants are a feature I have actually requested so if its not like GTW half baked retail system and actually done right I will purchase it. I really hope Dine Out is done right and brings my favorite part of Sims 2 Night Life back in a fun enjoyable way to my game.. no chasing Sims around with a tablet.

If it is like GTW then it is a FLOP
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    I'll buy it. Maybe not straight away, but it will be mine at some point.
  • blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited May 2016
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    So according to SVP there is a unofficial release date for the new pack on May 26. The details as follows...
    The Sims™ 4 Dine Out – Own a restaurant and take your Sims out to eat. Create and manage a variety of restaurants, hire staff, and set the perfect menu to earn a profit and expand your business. Dine out with Sims to enjoy all-new experimental cuisine and spend quality time with friends and family.

Am I the only one that this does not appeal to? I'm so uninterested in having a restaurant, though I know it was a big ask for other players. I feel like it's something that should have been rolled into GTW with the whole aspect of shopping and buying food anyway. I will not be partaking in this pack (GP SP? I can never remember) as it won't add anything to my gameplay. I really only bought GTW for the ability to have doctors and cops in the game but usually when I play, the last time which was eons ago, I completely avoid going to work at all as it was so repetitive.

So, long story short, will you buy Dine Out?

No. I have zero interest in restaurants.

What will it improve?

Will traits now allow us to make unique sims that do not all act the same?

Will sims stop all using the same bathroom?

Will it be possible to actually just have 2 sims conversing without a crowd joining in?

Will sims stop smiling all the time?

Will emotions stop being artificial - a thing to be manipulated to achieve a particular result?

Will it remove linear game play?

The problem for me is not just lack of content, but the sims themselves. Until they fix the sims, no new content is going to make me want to play the game.

And I agree with you, Dine Out should have come in GTW.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    edited May 2016
    OMG, I just thought of something bad. lol What if it's like the doctor's career where the nurse stands around (waitress) and the other doctor (the chef) and you have to do all of the work in those tasks lists? I mean the other Sims could be there just for looks. lol

Ohh god... Lets hope not... "prepare food" "serve clients" "wash the dishes"..... better not buying as soon as the gp come out after all... geezz that detail is a complete turn off for me!... Never thought about that...
    Post edited by pandie00 on
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    I am defiantly buying it! I am very much looking forward to it. Might need to wait a little while until I can get it though... Just had a massive vet bill for my unwell kitty. :(
  • UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    I'm not sure, I hardly ever have my sims leave the house anyway because of the loading screens and just knowing sims 4 the game pack will be pretty superficial and lacking detail. I feel like everything with the sims 4 just seems a little bit lazy and "this will do attitude" Like everything they introduced bars, clubs, cafes, pools they all kind of fell flat.
  • Sapphire268Sapphire268 Posts: 66 Member
    Maybe if it's on special, but I haven't really seen a point in the game packs and stuff packs. I'm waiting to see if they'll make bundles.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm interested in it!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Definitely buying this one. Been waiting for restaurants back in the sims for a very long time (since S2)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I had thought about that and I have commented about it more than twice in the forums. The tables themselves could also be single objects with the chairs to avoid musical chairs and not actually fix the issue.

Or, they could just be regular tables and chairs that are just that: tables and chairs. Plus, the two QA Simgurus @SimGuruEugi and @SimGuruArvin said they were looking into fixing the musical chairs bug, so they are trying to work on it.

Yes I didn't said they couldn't be normal. But I'm putting all my cards in the table before making any decision regarding buying it or not. With no info about how they work and given Maxis/EA's track I'm going to wait for clear information first.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Songwolf666Songwolf666 Posts: 141 Member
    I'm not really sure to be honest. It looks neat, and having the restaurants will probably be awesome, but I had hoped with the surveys they have out in the past six months or so that this pack would have a bit more... well, substance? I sadly see the content in this pack getting dull rather fast, but I could be wrong. I'll wait and see what the first players have to say, then ultimately I'll decide then.
    EA Account: SunReiShin
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Am I the only one that finds it weird that these packs are regarded as side content instead of expanded content?

Just saying...will you play dine out to me sounds more like...there's this whole separate game.

Now if you said...do you want restaurants in your game, I could hardly disagree with that.
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited May 2016
    I bet it's really going to be hollow.

Like for example we'll only be able to play as the owner and manager, not as a waitress or cook where we climb a career ladder.

Or we'll get only two or three premade restaurants that will still be played in the happy suburbs, instead of seeing a wide variety of restaurant
    styles in a busting downtown with fast foods, a chinese district, or gothic lounges atop skyscrapers. And good luck trying to create those styles yourself, as the developers have completely neglected the realism and create-a-style aspects in this iteration.
  • staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    I'm sure I will buy it. I enjoyed restaurants in TS2. Didn't care for rabbithole restaurants in TS3, so I like the idea of actually running the restaurants and dining at them. I'm encouraged by the prospect of menu customization. I do hope that you can have more than two people dine out, because that will work well with a Chuck-e-Cheese or Gameworks-type concept (dining plus arcade/games).
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Okay, now your starting to scare Me about this Pack again, Not sure what I am going to do now, guess I will wait and see, then.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Okay, now your starting to scare Me about this Pack again, Not sure what I am going to do now, guess I will wait and see, then.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    I honestly believe that it will be really cool to be able to own a restaurant in game. Besides, it's a lot more like adding a 'date night', than improving upon GTW

If we get any date night activities that is.
  • JaypardJaypard Posts: 623 Member
    Yes I will, though I hope they will improve the artificial intelligence of the employees.
  • kirasososweetkirasososweet Posts: 172 Member
    Honestly this specifically has no appeal to me because my Sims are usually super antisocial, but I would really appreciate some new content period so I'll probably buy it. :/
  • ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    I'm definitely all in!
  • jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    I'll buy it because I'm very excited for it

But if it comes out around Overwatch which it's rumored to, I won't be playing it right away because I'm going to be doing nothing but eating, sleeping, and playing Overwatch
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    So according to SVP there is a unofficial release date for the new pack on May 26. The details as follows...
    The Sims™ 4 Dine Out – Own a restaurant and take your Sims out to eat. Create and manage a variety of restaurants, hire staff, and set the perfect menu to earn a profit and expand your business. Dine out with Sims to enjoy all-new experimental cuisine and spend quality time with friends and family.

Am I the only one that this does not appeal to? I'm so uninterested in having a restaurant, though I know it was a big ask for other players. I feel like it's something that should have been rolled into GTW with the whole aspect of shopping and buying food anyway. I will not be partaking in this pack (GP SP? I can never remember) as it won't add anything to my gameplay. I really only bought GTW for the ability to have doctors and cops in the game but usually when I play, the last time which was eons ago, I completely avoid going to work at all as it was so repetitive.

So, long story short, will you buy Dine Out?

Your Sims don't eat? You wouldn't wanna go on dates and outings with friends or family or groups to a restaurants? I can't see how a GP like this can get a reaction like that. LOL

I do hope that there's a way to create "non formal" eating places - like a deli, pizza place etc.

• kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    Yes, I have big plans for this pack, I have been wanting restaurants in the sims 4 for so long!