Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you play "Dine Out"

Comments

• rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    Really will be buying this. Loved restaurants despite the Sims 2 glitches and lag in serving, and looking forward to creating my own restaurants as well. Not so much running them as all my retail stores have to get reset every time my families change, but I still love coming up with concepts and creating the stores, and expect restaurants will be along these lines too. Also, in a pack this size I expect there will be added skills restaurant-related, such as wine making!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2016
    I hope they finally add 'employed' to my unemployed Sims who own stores. :( Because if it's still going to say 'unemployed' and my ambiguous Sims be mad still yet because they don't have a job it's going to be a huge missed opportunity for them and us if a Sim does own a restaurant but game considers them unemployed.

ETA: LOL I said ambiguous instead of ambitious. AHAHA the joy of a brain needing coffee.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    don't know
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Of course I will. Day 1, as I have with every pack since the day I got the game. Not only is it something I'm looking forward to, but I'd get it anyway for the build/buy mode items and Sims outfits.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Of course I will. Day 1, as I have with every pack since the day I got the game. Not only is it something I'm looking forward to, but I'd get it anyway for the build/buy mode items and Sims outfits.

And EA/Maxis loves consumers who feel like you.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    Absolutely will buy it.
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    They will have to fix the musical chairs bug with people getting up and down during a meal or when watching a movie.

I think that's why it's taken them so long to release this... the musical chair bug Hopefully they do or the pack just won't be playable for me. :/
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    I'm really not interested in the theme of this pack at all because I have very little patience for watching my Sims eat, and the whole cooking/baking/food thing is just not something I find much fun in. However, I will most likely still purchase the pack for the purpose of flushing out my world a little more, and perhaps finding and inventing new strange and interesting ways to use it. I am most curious about what comes in it, like new interactions, build stuff, and CAS. It's more about how much info I get beforehand that will determine how quickly I buy it. It would have to really fall short for me to not get it at all.
    #Team Occult
  • SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    I think so... and I hope It has some interactions that can be used beside in the lot that came with the game pack ( like yoga and meditation, from spa day)
  • BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    I like the idea of it. But the reality of it scares me. ;) I think my Sims are too buggy right now anyway for me to invest more money. I have one rather annoying issue where my Sim who really has to pee, will walk all the way across a lot to find a place to sit down, to then do the "I have to pee!" animation, and then get up and walk all the way back and then go to the toilet (sometimes they don't make it depending how long the walk is.) I'd hate for my Sims to have accidents in the restaurant. It would ruin the ambience for others.
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I'm putting off on purchasing it to be honest. Until thing's get fixed & they start talking & stop playing these guessing game's of what's to come? than maybe, but so far I am really just turned off on this game. I do wish those who buy it enjoy & have fun though :)
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
    [quote="LiELF;14812157"]I'm really not interested in the theme of this pack at all because I have very little patience for watching my Sims eat, and the whole cooking/baking/food thing is just not something I find much fun in. However, I will most likely still purchase the pack for the purpose of flushing out my world a little more, and perhaps finding and inventing new strange and interesting ways to use it. I am most curious about what comes in it, like new interactions, build stuff, and CAS. It's more about how much info I get beforehand that will determine how quickly I buy it. It would have to really fall short for me to not get it at all.[/quote]

Um...I meant "fleshing out" my world. I'll "flush out" my world when a new bathroom stuff pack comes out. hahaha =D
    #Team Occult
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I will buy and play. I'm already planning several restaurants including a medieval themed restaurant where the wait staff wear armor and a Star Wars themed restaurant where they wear Star Wars costumes.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I will buy and play. I'm already planning several restaurants including a medieval themed restaurant where the wait staff wear armor and a Star Wars themed restaurant where they wear Star Wars costumes.

I hope they allow players to set any uniform they want and not determined by the theme chosen by the game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    I would really like a loyalty discount for all of us who buy every pack that comes out at the original price.

I was thinking of delaying until the price comes down but I am usually the mug who buys everything on the date it is downloadable. :/
    [quote="Dannydanbo;14812229"]I will buy and play. I'm already planning several restaurants including a medieval themed restaurant where the wait staff wear armor and a Star Wars themed restaurant where they wear Star Wars costumes.[/quote]

This is a wonderful idea! Near where I live, we recently had a Medieval Manor restaurant close down. It might be fun to rebuild it in my game. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas. =)
    #Team Occult
  • ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    I'm going to wait until after it's been out for awhile and see what other simmers think of it. I don't want to blindly buy anything.
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member

So, long story short, will you buy Dine Out?

yeap.. im going for the bundle because i didnt bought movie hangout and romantic garden!
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
    edited May 2016
    I'll probably just watch other people play and be entertained by them. Sometimes that can be more fun for me, then my own experiences with the game. I appreciate the LPers and Reviewers out there.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited May 2016
    So according to SVP there is a unofficial release date for the new pack on May 26. The details as follows...
    The Sims™ 4 Dine Out – Own a restaurant and take your Sims out to eat. Create and manage a variety of restaurants, hire staff, and set the perfect menu to earn a profit and expand your business. Dine out with Sims to enjoy all-new experimental cuisine and spend quality time with friends and family.

Am I the only one that this does not appeal to? I'm so uninterested in having a restaurant, though I know it was a big ask for other players. I feel like it's something that should have been rolled into GTW with the whole aspect of shopping and buying food anyway. I will not be partaking in this pack (GP SP? I can never remember) as it won't add anything to my gameplay. I really only bought GTW for the ability to have doctors and cops in the game but usually when I play, the last time which was eons ago, I completely avoid going to work at all as it was so repetitive.

No, I agree with you. This pack holds no remote interest for me. I felt the same way about Get Together and bought it anyway... I've learned from that and won't do it again. Guess my wallet stays firmly tucked into my pocket until something that I don't find dull comes out. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the people who are wishing for this one will be happy. I just couldn't really care less about this one.

To be honest though, I haven't even turned on the game in the past month or two so I guess that shouldn't surprise me.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • princessdylanprincessdylan Posts: 124 Member
    I'm a sheep and honestly, I have everything the Sims has released since I started playing (Sims 2) and I'll probably get this pack and all the packs after it. I won't say I'm happy with the game but any content is an improvement for me lol
    qodtl3.jpg
    Gallery & Origin: princessdyland
    I play the Sims 2/3/4 & Medieval
    Please use she/her pronouns (:
  • AwkwardAquaAwkwardAqua Posts: 58 Member
    I usually play as a foodie since cooking is my favourite thing in the game. This pack has really captivated my interest and I seriously can't wait until it comes out!! :D
    giphy.gif
    Origin ID: awkwardaqua
  • MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    So according to SVP there is a unofficial release date for the new pack on May 26. The details as follows...
    The Sims™ 4 Dine Out – Own a restaurant and take your Sims out to eat. Create and manage a variety of restaurants, hire staff, and set the perfect menu to earn a profit and expand your business. Dine out with Sims to enjoy all-new experimental cuisine and spend quality time with friends and family.

Am I the only one that this does not appeal to? I'm so uninterested in having a restaurant, though I know it was a big ask for other players. I feel like it's something that should have been rolled into GTW with the whole aspect of shopping and buying food anyway. I will not be partaking in this pack (GP SP? I can never remember) as it won't add anything to my gameplay. I really only bought GTW for the ability to have doctors and cops in the game but usually when I play, the last time which was eons ago, I completely avoid going to work at all as it was so repetitive.

I'm with you 100%. Of course I know we'll be referred to, by the cheerleaders, as "haters" and "negatives" but *sniff* I'll live. :-) We are being thrown everything but what we are asking for. I want added gameplay with exciting, unexpected situations. Nothing much has been added to the base game per say. It's all involved boring off world play like, having a bakery WOO-HOO, or Spa Day, and then (for me) Get Together with clubs. All safe and boring, all the time. They have totally lost direction. When I saw Restaurant coming out, I couldn't believe it. I was afraid there would be nothing awesome being produced. EA has set the trend for the Sims and they're just throwing us wet noodles. So for the cheerleaders, this is my opinion and I'm speaking for myself, as I will continue to do. Call me what you will. I don't cave to peer pressure.
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited May 2016
    MysticOne wrote: »

I'm with you 100%. Of course I know we'll be referred to, by the cheerleaders, as "haters" and "negatives" but *sniff* I'll live. :-) We are being thrown everything but what we are asking for. I want added gameplay with exciting, unexpected situations. Nothing much has been added to the base game per say. It's all involved boring off world play like, having a bakery WOO-HOO, or Spa Day, and then (for me) Get Together with clubs. All safe and boring, all the time. They have totally lost direction. When I saw Restaurant coming out, I couldn't believe it. I was afraid there would be nothing awesome being produced. EA has set the trend for the Sims and they're just throwing us wet noodles. So for the cheerleaders, this is my opinion and I'm speaking for myself, as I will continue to do. Call me what you will. I don't cave to peer pressure.

And I know that people will call those who like TS4 "cheerleaders" and "sheep," but hey, we'll live, right?
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
    edited May 2016
    Oops, wrong thread. So sorry! :|
    Post edited by Baenre on