Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you play "Dine Out"

Comments

• JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    I actually looked the rabbit holes from TS3. You could send Sims there and do something else. I loved sending Sims off to get a manicure or work overtime then play with other sims.

I totally agree though, there is nowhere to go on dates.

Yeah its one of the things I'm looking forward to. I used to always sends my sims to the movie theater, restaurant, and spa ... then to bars in bridgeport.. i hate how bars are in TS4
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Do you think it will tell you to clean up ten plates, cook three times, mop puddles etc? I really want to know the answer to the 'owning' a restaurant side of it.

Please No!! Anything but that!
    :'(
    GTW made me want to put my head through a wall.
    (esp scientist career. Then I started a new fresh save, & lost it all. I can't imagine having myself go through that again...But I don't want to always use cheat/unlock codes. :s )
    I loved the science career. But that retail part of GTW made me want to put my head through the wall as well. With all the townies, and NPC's wanting to buy everything all at once when I have just one sim running the entire store. That got so bad in my game, there were just times when I have to just close the store. Even when there were several customers just standing there waiting to make a purchase. I know it's mean, and my sim loses money that way. But a player must do what a player has to do in order to keep their store clean, and their selves stocked in the game.

• JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    I think restaurants could've been added in GTW or GT also. If I get this one it will most likely be during a sale like everything else

I think having a Game Pack focused on something does it justice where they can properly and hopefully make it right.. just adding it GTW or GT would probably make it quickly done and clunky :)
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    And the soup of the day isssssss Game Pack Noodle soup! :p
  • dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    I'll definitely get this one as soon as I can! I think the idea of dining out and running restaurants sounds very fun :) Hopefully they add a new aspiration related to running a 5-star restaurant or something. This one sounds very appealing to me, as I like the social aspects to the game and like when they go more in depth in a way that isn't partying!
  • thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    I want to try it but after the whole get together drink stealing bug i don't want my meal to be stolen either lol
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

• lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It sort of looked like only two Sims could go out to eat and sit at one table. Maybe that table setup helps with ending musical chairs if there are not seats left. I hope they add booths as in the other games. I would hate to think it's a table that only seats two and that would be the reason (the actual type of table) they stay put. :o

That is how it looks in the teaser. Weren't families mentioned somewhere in one of the descriptions? I thought I read that, but then whatever it was I'm thinking about probably wasn't official. Musical chairs wasn't even on my mind, so much as restaurant staff. It's a valid concern too, though.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    I wuld get it, but i agree with you it shuld be included In Ep GTW. Now tey bombard us with SP we need to buy to game be complite,and they would be continue with that becouse they wanna money money. GP gonna be just some stuff to ticle our magination but with sp they gonna update those GP.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I actually loved dining out in TS2 NightLife.

However, this GP can wait. It won't change what is keeping me from wanting to play TS4 now.
    I plan to buy all the packs that come out when Generations arrives for TS4. This will give me plenty of content along with what I really want for the game.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    lmkiture wrote: »
    Yes, yes, yes! At least for a while, and then for special occasions. I too stopped doing the active careers, although they were never really something I wanted to begin with. I played through each and that was about it. I like getting new packs though more for the stuff though. I use CAS items and objects more than gameplay features sometimes. Like, my sims have not gone to a spa in forever, and they rarely ever go on vacation. So it will probably be the same with restaurants after a while. But it's always good to have many options, and when I start a new game, I usually do use those features more in the beginning. :smiley:

Well speaking of vacations we could place a restaurant in Granite Falls I'm sure.
  • LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    I'll be getting it! Mainly for the new clothes and new recipes. I doubt I'll own a restaurant though because I don't use the retail aspect of the game now.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Heck, yeah. I am excited about restaurants being in the game.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I don't know. I haven't decided if I'm a game pack person or not. There are a lot of things I still want out of the base game too before deciding to purchase further. I do like its theme.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The game packs add new content and game play, thus building up the base game. Even the patches have brought in things that were missing in the base game...for free. And they aren't as expensive as an EP. I'll take two game packs over an EP any day. But that's just me.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I can't wait for restaurants! It's one of the features I used most in TS2 and I was really disappointed that there weren't real restaurants in Ts3 (I know about the store stuff but that was released way too late). I used to take most sim dates to restaurants, and also family gathering and celebrations were usually held at restaurants. Some of my families went out for lunch every Sunday as a family tradition. I guess it's because I'm a restaurant person in RL too. But I'm sure I'll use this feature in my day to day gameplay much more than camping, spas or even bars and nightclubs.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Yassssss!
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Since we know sims can own restaurants, the Pancakes will soon sell their small bakery to own a restaurant. Looking forward to seeing what more this GP has. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    I'm not sure because I don't know how much could my laptop handle. I mean my old one could only bare four-five TS3 EPs plus some store stuff and some CC. This one is way better but it's still pretty loud (has been since the base game) and I'm afraid that I might buy too much things now and when EPs like seasons, pets or generations come out I won't be able to run the game properly. Besides I'm still not sure if I want to buy Get Together for the same reasons after the schoolyear ends.
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Yes I will. I need more family gameplay in this game. Enough with the party gameplay.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I will! I may wait till there is a sell though. I loooooved Open for Business & making restaruants & the like. It will be my first add on to the sims base game!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Game Packs have been by far the better value for money since the beginning of the Sims4.
    Plus, it's food related! So yes, I will certainly buy it as soon as it's out. I'm already preparing one of my households' teen to open up her restaurant.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited May 2016
    I am undecided and will wait until it's released with more details. It's always fun to get new clothes/furniture/stuff, but I'm not entirely sure I would enjoy taking my Sims to dinner. The Spa Day pack was fun for about a week, although I love building fancy spas and bathrooms with it. I might be more inclined to buy it if it comes with another active career choice.
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    I hope kids will be able to "dine out" as well. I think they could in the Sims 3 bistro Store Set, but in Sims 2 my kids couldn't order anything at the restaurants, only the adults.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I will buy it just to add to additional game play for my Sims.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I hope kids will be able to "dine out" as well. I think they could in the Sims 3 bistro Store Set, but in Sims 2 my kids couldn't order anything at the restaurants, only the adults.

Adults ordered for children at restaurants in Ts2. I liked that. I find it more realistic. I wouldn't like to see children eating out on their own...

As regards families, the product description says: "Dine out with Sims to enjoy all-new experimental cuisine and spend quality time with friends and family." So I think kids will most definitely be included.