Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much CC do you have?

Comments

• alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Let´s just say... Way too much. :#
    p6tqefj
  • Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    I got a LOT of hair for females haha, and some for males. I'm mostly sad because male CC hair is usually too Korean boybandish for my taste. There aren't a lot of casual shortcuts out there that have the same HD quality as those boyband/emo cuts. I got the 3D eyelashes as well, two or three lipsticks, one blush and some eyeshadow. I don't have any clothes CC because I usually feel like CC clothes look unnatural next to sims who are wearing normal clothes. With the colouring tool you can easily create any kind of clothing anyways so CC clothing isn't necessary imo.

My most important mods are a skin default replacement and eyes default replacement that make my sims look a lot more real. I also use a lighting mod to increase the quality of the in-game graphics. Besides this i have the obvious NRAAS mods (Storyprogression, Overwatch, Errortrap, Mastercontroller, and the one-who-must-not-be-named) but I guess those aren't really CC :P . I also use Awesomemod, though I got most stuff turned off except for the part that adds variety to homeless NPC faces (like butlers, genies, babysitters). Nobody wants those pudding faces all over the place!
  • kiara07kiara07 Posts: 575 Member
    edited July 2017
    2.97 GB Downloads folder
    2.26 GB Mods folder

Too much but I cant play without CC
  • SonjaCopelandSonjaCopeland Posts: 65 Member
    My mods folder is 1.03 GB, but I just recently cleared the folder because I'm becoming maxis-match obsessed and I had wayy too much alpha cc, it was most probably 5 GB? Most of my CC is hairs, eyes and skins. I really need to start downloading more shoes.
  • AloiiraAlvinaAloiiraAlvina Posts: 7 New Member
    hmm. Lots and lots. :blush: over 1k on my usb . really is becoming an issue, but not yet. very addicted to this game. i like the clothes allot and items. my house looks much more better with them though. Yeah i have a Sims resource membership and i download the featured top items. i would buy sim points but i only have sims 3 base game:( i would even share my creations but i don't know how.
    to think i used to play this growing up but my sister hogged it and now i need to catch up
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I'm afraid to look.
  • AloiiraAlvinaAloiiraAlvina Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Ms_Bloomberry said:
    > 10gb and counting... I need to get help :s

girl its okay. so pretty..stuff.. for my pretty sims. but i just started getting cc my whole sims folder is 11 gb around. without expansions.
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    I just checked my mods folder and it's 13.7 GB right now. It used to be more, but I've started going more Maxis Match, using skins and eyes from burntwaffles. I also merge my files to compress them.

The only sims3pack files I have are worlds and I usually clean out my Downloads and DCBackup folders, so I don't the exact size of those.
  • ElanoreAlexandriaElanoreAlexandria Posts: 66 Member
    A whole bunch and I'm proud of it!

I like custom clothes for toddlers and elders because I dislike how few options they have. In particular, I prefer content that either adds new game play options, like the ferris wheel, for example, or content that improves upon/fixes in-game stuff, like the fix for the tea set. That said, as I tend to play female sims, I only recently noticed how few choices male sims have for clothes. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I can't remember if I have laready answered this once but currentlly I have ‏‏‎11.8 GB in the downloads folder (but that's including pictures that are saved in the same folder) and ‏‏‎2.75 GB in the Mods folder (including game mods... and not just the CC).
    I'm addicted, I can't help it.
  • miniriedyminiriedy Posts: 15 Member
    Too much, I really dislike what the game offers us for an openworld experience with hundreds of Sims. I'm at like 250 now, and I had to disable items and cars because my game couldn't handle them as well.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Aww I answered this before when my mods folder was around 3 or 4 GBs.

Now it's at 14.6 :grimace:
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    This is an old old thread... But here goes anyway! I've got all my CC and stuff on an external hard disk.

82,21 GB of CC
    4,21 GB of poses
    2,96 GB mods hacks

That's about 90 GB of CC, wow. I'm glad I checked! :#

Currently in game, about 3,83 GB of poses and CC... :p
    NymlADp.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    I know we shouldn't encourage necro threads, but this one is kind of fun. I'll give the same answer I gave when a similar one arose at MTS.

(Covers Mods folder up with hands, looks suspiciously to the left, then to the right)
    Nope. Not telling. It's no one's business what I have in that folder.

(Peeks inside)
    There might be some NRaas mods in there, though. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    I have lots and I am always looking for more but the only good sites I could find are MTS and The Sims Resource. I try googling it and it doesn't help much. brings me to tumblr and pinterest, which goes to another site, which goes to another site... It hurts my brain so I give up. Sigh.
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I was wondering how much CC do you have? If any at all?
    I don't have much cause I'm to lazy to download it ;'c xD And all my CC is for females since I rarely play with male sims.

i get a lot of cas stuff apart from clothing. i mostly use mods more. i do use build and buy stuff a lot to.

how much? too much lol!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• NabrilNabril Posts: 179 Member
    A lot. People make some really cool stuff! My only regret is that a lot of CC doesn't work because it was written for earlier versions of the game. If this wasn't the case, I'd have a lot more! I even have a lot from the Sim's store. I recently bought a Refrigerator. I also have a shower stall from the store. I also have more, but those are my two small store purchases. I have Dragon Valley and Stones Throw Greenhouse as well.

I have even more CC that didn't come from the store. Lots of mods, bug fixes, build items, shop items, etc...
    sig.jpg
    edited July 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    I know we shouldn't encourage necro threads, but this one is kind of fun. I'll give the same answer I gave when a similar one arose at MTS.

(Covers Mods folder up with hands, looks suspiciously to the left, then to the right)
    Nope. Not telling. It's no one's business what I have in that folder.

(Peeks inside)
    There might be some NRaas mods in there, though. :p

Surely you don't have one of the mods that shall not be named, do you? :)
    jillbg wrote: »
    This is an old old thread... But here goes anyway! I've got all my CC and stuff on an external hard disk.

82,21 GB of CC
    4,21 GB of poses
    2,96 GB mods hacks

That's about 90 GB of CC, wow. I'm glad I checked! :#

Currently in game, about 3,83 GB of poses and CC... :p

Poses?! You can get poses? I need to go find some!!!
    sig.jpg
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Almost 3GB

Mods, CAS, Build/Buy, and defaults.
    I'm at like 5GB now but it's not all installed at once.

No sense in cluttering up catalogs with stuff I don't plan on using very often. Instead, I have different game folders for each save file and only install CC/Mods + store stuff that I will use for that save. Takes up extra space but it defiantly helps to have storage drives.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    Outside of custom patterns I created as well as sims, I actually don't have nor use any custom content to be honest.
    edited July 2018
    Nabril wrote: »
    Poses?! You can get poses? I need to go find some!!!

@Nabril You've decidedly missed out on a lot of fun! Most stories and blogs use poses, go and get some!
    First, you'll need Poseplayer by cmomoney, at MTS...

Some of my last pictures, using poses. More on my blog, just click the siggy and it will take you there!
    tgw01-20-19.jpg
    tgw01-36-26.jpg
    tgw01-16-33a.jpg
    tgw01-33-17.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
    @SimplyJen I see we're functioning the same - I have a save for each game, too! :) CC overload otherwise... :#
    NymlADp.jpg
    @jillbg thanks for the info!
    sig.jpg
    @Nabril You're welcome, have fun! :p
    NymlADp.jpg
  • jonesyKSjonesyKS Posts: 204 Member
    I only recently started downloading CC, and I've gotten super addicted to it! The Sims Resource is my absolute fave site so far, I even pay for the VIP package so that I can use the download basket, lol.
    I think I have more CC now than actual EA or store objects!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top