Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 and EP3 will NOT be present in the EA Play event

Comments

• Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    After this rather dramatic thread with a lot of outrage, caps, disgust and anger, I fully expect everyone on here who has vowed never to buy another Sims 4 game again, to stay true to their word. Most people on here who moan endlessly buy whatever they put out anyway - it's human nature to be a massive hypocrite. Not that it would make much of a difference mind you - it's also human nature to vastly overstate the impact one individual can have. Everyone on this thread could stop buying the game and I doubt it'd make any difference at all. People kept on saying that TS3 was a downgrade to TS2 yet it proved to be EA's best selling computer game ever. Funny how that works.

Personally, I enjoy TS4 - a lot more than I thought I would. I'll buy whatever interests me. I actually haven't played TS3 in a while and after reading this forum prior to buying TS4, I thought I'd be back to TS3 in a heartbeat.

I agree with you, most people always say they will stop supporting the game but have nothing to show for it and end up being weak willed. I have not bought a pack in an extremely long time, all I own are the 2 game packs, and 1 EP which I bought on sale. For TS3 I would literally buy EVERY pack on release. I would stay up early hours just to download them first and get into the game as quick as I could, TS4 has completely defeated my motivation with the Sims. I follow it every now and then but I am far from being the same fan I once was in the TS3 times.

I do wish that all the discontented, unhappy players would talk with their wallets. It might mean real bug fixes with better content. I bought GTW because I was hoping that it might fill in the base a little. Customer service gave me OR when I had an issue with a different game and they couldn't fix it. My husband got me GT and Spa Day for Christmas. He didn't think about why I was no longer talking to him about my game and just assumed everything was going on as normal. I haven't found that any of this content has made a substantial difference in basic game play. In fact new patches just seem to break the game I have.

Bolded emphasis mine

I watched it happen with SimCity 2013. But it seems it just led to EA/Maxis pulling the plug, and putting the resources into a mobile version instead. With how things have gone up to now, I have some serious fears and concerns we are watching a redux of that with the Sims franchise, just in slow motion. Multi-player and online-only was a hill to die on and a major deal breaker for quite a few SimCity fans, so the situation reached critical mass faster. The issues with Sims 4 seem more vague and "muddied" to me, especially with the "at launch" statements and "can't discuss future content." So my concern is that because of the vague "kicking the can down the road" type of statements, they've possibly just delayed the inevitable explosion that happened with SimCity 2013.

I hope it goes without saying that I'm not stating all of this as "fact." But I have more than two braincells, so if I notice the same sort of thunderclouds forming, I'm going to remark that perhaps a thunderstorm is on the horizon.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Guys if EP3 is not one of the popular themed EPs (Any University,pets,generations,seasons etc) then expect A LOT of noise from me. I really mean A LOT

The Game desperately needs the essentials at this stage. And if EA decides to go the "easy way" to make fast bucks then they are not going to get any from me.

The developers said the next EP will be a topic that we haven't seen before.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    I thought Sims Latam said that?
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »

Plus they didn't indicate that it was an EP topic they meant.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »

Oh yeah, I think that's correct.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    @DolittleRoller Thanks for mentioning The Sims 2 cause that's exactly where I'm going tonight. Right now I'm actually re-downloading my ultimate collection of the series right now and I can't wait. I can't wait because I'm going back to a time where storytellers, builders, and family players were never neglected. Well the Sims 3 was basically the same way but The Sims 2 has more little moments that I enjoy such as teen acne, official honeymoons, grocery shopping in a non-rabbit hole setting, true apartment living, and so on. The Sims 4 is taking us in a direction where family players are not the only ones neglected but storytellers and builders to some extend due to the lack of terrain tools. I'm a storyteller since they changed the memory system to where your not allowed to choose the emotional state of the memory but instead are forced to only pick the current emotion of the time or no memories at all I've been constantly struggling to even play this game. And with their announcement of not including "The Sims 4" at their own event I have to say the love for this franchise in terms by the company is gone I can't support this type of disrespect so I will join you in the hallway for "Simmers that don't support EA's damage to the franchise".
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited May 2016
    @DolittleRoller Thanks for mentioning The Sims 2 cause that's exactly where I'm going tonight. Right now I'm actually re-downloading my ultimate collection of the series right now and I can't wait. I can't wait because I'm going back to a time where storytellers, builders, and family players were never neglected. Well the Sims 3 was basically the same way but The Sims 2 has more little moments that I enjoy such as teen acne, official honeymoons, grocery shopping in a non-rabbit hole setting, true apartment living, and so on. The Sims 4 is taking us in a direction where family players are not the only ones neglected but storytellers and builders to some extend due to the lack of terrain tools. I'm a storyteller since they changed the memory system to where your not allowed to choose the emotional state of the memory but instead are forced to only pick the current emotion of the time or no memories at all I've been constantly struggling to even play this game. And with their announcement of not including "The Sims 4" at their own event I have to say the love for this franchise in terms by the company is gone I can't support this type of disrespect so I will join you in the hallway for "Simmers that don't support EA's damage to the franchise".
    Good luck, I had huge problem making it work due to me having graphics etc that was released after Sims 2 stopped, plus many more. I hope you will have no problems and that you can sit quietly down memory lane :)
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member

Thank you so much for the Prince type Pic, I Luv that guy and was so sad when he passed, I even made him in the Sims 4 with No CC in the Gallery, thanks again, made My day, :)

Off topic.
    You're welcome. That was my musical husband since 1978, when I pledged my love and loyalty to his poster on my wall. Even when I was married, told my husband that Prince was my first love. He understood that. I am musically widowed now, no one else will replace him. :cry:

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member

Oh, you're going to have a BLASTY-BLAST playing UC. I have to subdue my cravings for TS2 just to get work done! ;)
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited May 2016
    After this rather dramatic thread with a lot of outrage, caps, disgust and anger, I fully expect everyone on here who has vowed never to buy another Sims 4 game again, to stay true to their word. Most people on here who moan endlessly buy whatever they put out anyway - it's human nature to be a massive hypocrite. Not that it would make much of a difference mind you - it's also human nature to vastly overstate the impact one individual can have. Everyone on this thread could stop buying the game and I doubt it'd make any difference at all. People kept on saying that TS3 was a downgrade to TS2 yet it proved to be EA's best selling computer game ever. Funny how that works.

Personally, I enjoy TS4 - a lot more than I thought I would. I'll buy whatever interests me. I actually haven't played TS3 in a while and after reading this forum prior to buying TS4, I thought I'd be back to TS3 in a heartbeat.

I agree with you, most people always say they will stop supporting the game but have nothing to show for it and end up being weak willed. I have not bought a pack in an extremely long time, all I own are the 2 game packs, and 1 EP which I bought on sale. For TS3 I would literally buy EVERY pack on release. I would stay up early hours just to download them first and get into the game as quick as I could, TS4 has completely defeated my motivation with the Sims. I follow it every now and then but I am far from being the same fan I once was in the TS3 times.

I do wish that all the discontented, unhappy players would talk with their wallets. It might mean real bug fixes with better content. I bought GTW because I was hoping that it might fill in the base a little. Customer service gave me OR when I had an issue with a different game and they couldn't fix it. My husband got me GT and Spa Day for Christmas. He didn't think about why I was no longer talking to him about my game and just assumed everything was going on as normal. I haven't found that any of this content has made a substantial difference in basic game play. In fact new patches just seem to break the game I have.
    Well, there you go - if people are unhappy with it, stop buying it. Silence speaks louder than words. You can accuse those of us who actually enjoy playing it as contributing to the death of the franchise but that's not going to change anything.

If you're unhappy with it, the onus is on you to try and change it. Don't expect me to be up in arms over something you dislike. Your problems and issues are completely irrelevant to me.

You know what I do, if a game I play, no longer interests me? I stop playing it. You know what I do, if a TV show I watch stops producing episodes I enjoy? I stop watching it. You know what I do when a brand I buy, doesn't taste as nice as I remembered? I stop eating it. It's common sense. I certainly don't go around telling people who still play that game, watch that show or buy that brand that they're wrong, or weak-willed, or have less than two braincells.
  • Options
    SimMicha88SimMicha88 Posts: 84 Member
    > @imhappy said:
    > The developers said the next EP will be a topic that we haven't seen before.

Nope. Sims Latam (no developer, just a community manager supporting the facebook site) said, that we can expect something new. That does not mean that we will get a completely different topic in an EP or so.

"something new" could also mean, that we will get a new gameplay element in upcoming Dining Out. Let's say you can start a pizza service with your own restaurant. Then this will be a new gameplay element within an well-known topic.
  • Options
    bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    mmoblitz wrote: »
    I asked my cousion, the one I mentioned in a previous post, who is a software engineer in the gaming industry about TS 4 problems and he told me that although he isn't familiar with the code they used, if the game was destined to be an online game and then changed and modified to work as a single player game then that is probably why the game has all the problems it has. I feel that there are no toddlers because the online version wasn't going to have them, no terrain tools or story progression because the game wasn't going to have them. Terrain tools may never see the light of day or the culling may not be able to be fixed do to code limitations. Notice I said, "may" not. It all depends on how much time and effort they want to put into it. They have limited resources and right now, seem to be focused on earning more money for the franchise by creating more content to sell.

Don't expect modding to come to the rescue. What you see now is probably what your going to get. I wouldn't expect to see any NRaas or Awesome type mods since I don't think that can be done with this code or if it can, there just isn't anyone around who has enough interest in TS4 to do it. It could happen, but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

I place more of the blame for what we have on Maxis and not EA.

QFT, watch out the tea is hot!

6148240_orig.gif

Only one thing that I disagree with, there is a story progression mod at MTS. Mc Command Center, it's based on Twallan's mod.

Off topic, I know, but blewis, can I just say that I love Prince and my heart bleeds purple :( Is your avatar in the gallary?
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Well, there you go - if people are unhappy with it, stop buying it. Silence speaks louder than words. You can accuse those of us who actually enjoy playing it as contributing to the death of the franchise but that's not going to change anything.

If you're unhappy with it, the onus is on you to try and change it. Don't expect me to be up in arms over something you dislike. Your problems and issues are completely irrelevant to me.

You know what I do, if a game I play, no longer interests me? I stop playing it. You know what I do, if a TV show I watch stops producing episodes I enjoy? I stop watching it. You know what I do when a brand I buy, doesn't taste as nice as I remembered? I stop eating it. It's common sense. I certainly don't go around telling people who still play that game, watch that show or buy that brand that they're wrong, or weak-willed, or have less than two braincells.

You completely misunderstood or took what I said out of context. Of course you might just be trying to inflame.

I'm talking about the players who are unhappy, want fixes and changes but continue to hand over their money. I'm interested in the game but I'm also disappointed, unhappy, and frustrated. I was saying that I have actively bought one item of additional content. When that failed to make me any happier with the game I chose to not put any more money into the game until there are fixes and changes. I was given one item by EA customer service and my husband bought me two others as a gift because he didn't know how I felt about the game.

It's using the words that you have that adds to the divide in the community. I'm advocating change, not disinterest......big difference.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member

Off topic, I know, but blewis, can I just say that I love Prince and my heart bleeds purple :( Is your avatar in the gallary?

I got the sim from sim4areason's tumblr. The rest is CC I've added once I downloaded the sim. Hope that helps.

Both our hearts are in purple rain mode, I guess. My mood hasn't improved since he died. :(
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2016

You completely misunderstood or took what I said out of context. Of course you might just be trying to inflame.

I'm talking about the players who are unhappy, want fixes and changes but continue to hand over their money. I'm interested in the game but I'm also disappointed, unhappy, and frustrated. I was saying that I have actively bought one item of additional content. When that failed to make me any happier with the game I chose to not put any more money into the game until there are fixes and changes. I was given one item by EA customer service and my husband bought me two others as a gift because he didn't know how I felt about the game.

It's using the words that you have that adds to the divide in the community. I'm advocating change, not disinterest......big difference.

That could be me, because I did buy the game, an EP (GTW) and a GP (Spa Day) and on sale before I would even try it OR. But GT was a gift to me from my caring husband who thought I might like it when it was on sale at Target. But I have to say since I posted my most recent thread, I think I will see the trees inspite of the forest and not spenf anymore until they address my issues in that thread..and that will take 'change'. I think you didn't say one word about telling people if they buy they are contributing to the death of the franchise not anywhere in your earlier statements. It gets very disappointing around here when happy players associate every one with those who do say such things. I agree with you, I should stop buying or getting TS4 gifts. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member

Yet when we try to change it with honest feedback we're labeled as haters and "not true Sims players." Hey, I haven't spent a penny on TS4 so I AM voting with my wallet. The reason I'm so passionate about it is that I loved the franchise and wanted to see it improve, not turn into -- my opinion only, so it will be completely irrelevant to you -- a glowy Disney princess world populated by Sims whose idea of emotions is crossing their eyes, playing musical chairs with a huge glassy stare and grin on their faces, and not caring that their relationships get randomly culled.

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @Stdlr9 Can I give you more than one awesome?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    @Stdlr9 Can I give you more than one awesome?

Yes, thank you! I also accept M&Ms. :p
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

Yet when we try to change it with honest feedback we're labeled as haters and "not true Sims players." Hey, I haven't spent a penny on TS4 so I AM voting with my wallet. The reason I'm so passionate about it is that I loved the franchise and wanted to see it improve, not turn into -- my opinion only, so it will be completely irrelevant to you -- a glowy Disney princess world populated by Sims whose idea of emotions is crossing their eyes, playing musical chairs with a huge glassy stare and grin on their faces, and not caring that their relationships get randomly culled.

Good for you. Play whatever game keeps your interest. It's certainly none of my business.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    @aaronjc123, when I said, "because I have more than two braincells," I was not alluding in any fashion to players who like the game. Putting down players who like the game is not my thing. I don't do that. I was speaking of myself only, and remarking on the patterns I notice. Pick your fight elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @aaronjc123, when I said, "because I have more than two braincells," I was not alluding in any fashion to players who like the game. Putting down players who like the game is not my thing. I don't do that. I was speaking of myself only, and remarking on the patterns I notice. Pick your fight elsewhere.

Of course you were - very convenient cop-out. Insult people and then pretend you weren't at all, therefore making the other person look like the one 'searching for a fight'.

I'm not looking for a fight - If I wanted a fight, I'd ask to meet you in person. This is an internet forum - people don't 'fight'. :#

I'm not accusing anyone of being a 'Sim-hater' - but I do think a lot of people on here are extremely pathetic.
  • Options
    DolittleRollerDolittleRoller Posts: 54 Member

giphy.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Of course you were - very convenient cop-out. Insult people and then pretend you weren't at all, therefore making the other person look like the one 'searching for a fight'.

I'm not looking for a fight - If I wanted a fight, I'd ask to meet you in person. This is an internet forum - people don't 'fight'. :#

I'm not accusing anyone of being a 'Sim-hater' - but I do think a lot of people on here are extremely pathetic.

I wonder how long it would before I got a warning if I said that? Not long I can assure you.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Oh cool personal insults :grimace:
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top