Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help Trouble Shooting Inability To Travel In Sims Game -- Persistent Problem

SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
edited May 2016 in Mods Bugs & Issues
I'm looking for any advice and help on why my sims cannot travel w/in their neighborhood in my game. This glitch occurs in my game after I've been playing it for awhile. If I start a new game... my sims can travel anywhere in their neighborhood or to another neighborhood. I've been playing my current save game for a few months now. Whenever I try to send a couple on a date, a group of sims to the local bar or a single sim to the local park... my game begins the travel sequence but eventually goes to the main menu screen where you see all the neighborhoods in the entire game. (The round hood icons).

Then if I re-enter any of the neighborhoods, the game will enter okay but I cannot enter any sims' house and the game will again go to the main menu screen w/all the hood icons. If I've just started to play my game w/out having traveled previously anywhere, I have to exit the game, not save and then re-start the game. Then I can enter each neighborhood and enter any sims' house. If I have tried to travel and mistakenly saved the game, then even when I exit the game and re-start it -- my game goes to the main menu screen and when I enter a neighborhood, once again I cannot enter any sims's house. I then have to go back to a previous save and start my gameplay over.

I run my game w/42 mods that are all up to date, my computer specs are fine and all drivers are updated. I have re-set my game folders and done the "Repair" game. I also have the "Origin in game" box not activated. I do play w/Testing Cheats Enabled ON all the time. I also re-set my sims' body weights (instead of having them workout to lose weight), I use the cheat cas.fulleditmode on NPC's and random neighbors. I'm thinking that somehow I keep triggering something that keeps causing this annoying glitch. It's very frustrating and tiresome.

And one other detail: If I re-enter the game after saving from traveling and click on the sims house to see who is home -- it shows the sims I selected to travel as being at the venue: park/bar or wherever. So, the sims are traveling but the game is fubared and doesn't complete the action.

Does anyone have any ideas/thoughts or advice?
Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello.
    Try moving your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If the issue remains, your current save file may be corrupt. You may need to start a new save game. You could save your sims and their homes to your library and place them into the new save game.They will lose though any relationships that your sims has with sims not in their household, and will lose their inventory and collections progress. They will retain though their skills, reward traits, aspiration progress and their careers.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Okay, that isn't the issue which I tried to explain in my original post. When I start a NEW game w/the mods I currently have in the game... my sims can travel anywhere in the neighborhood or other neighborhoods. It's only after I play a new game for a few months that the "glitch" occurs where my sims can no longer travel w/in the neighborhood or other hoods.

I am asking if the fact that I play w/the sims weight sliders and use a lot of Testing Cheats Enabled actions could possibly affect the game and cause it to glitch in this way. Has anyone else here experienced their sims not being able to travel w/in the neighborhoods? I use the TS4 Package Conflict Detector and it always lets me know when my mods conflict or need updating -- the same for any custom content that I add routinely to my game. I also look for updates to my mods after each patch.

This "Inability To Travel" is developing over a time period and ALL my games eventually develop this glitch/issue.

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    Hello.
    Some simmers have found that after playing the same save game file for a while, they start to have game issues. Their save game files start to get " bloated". Try looking in your save games folder and look to see how big your save game files are.
    Using many testingcheats true cheat actions shouldn't cause your game issues, nor should your use of the sims weight slider cause your issues .
    When the game issues occur, always try testing by moving your mods folder to the desktop and seeing if it helps the issue.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Okay... this is very helpful and so good to know. I've been so frustrated and not known what to do about this issue. I love making really cool places for my sims to go and then it's a huge bummer when they aren't able to travel w/in their hood anymore. Have you heard of the TS4 Package Conflict Detector? I'm not sure how accurate it really is and if it's 100% reliable.

Also, how large of a save game file is too large (bloated)? I do try to keep all of my sims' inventories pretty empty since I've read that this can cause problems w/in the game too. I like playing with a lot of families... so that may be causing bloat as well. Thank you so much for your advice -- I lurk a lot here on the forums and read your advice often for different issues in my game. Your expertise makes it possible for many simmers to continue "trying to have a good time" with Sims 4. :)

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    This may be a dumb question but, are you using "save as", when you save or choosing the "save" option offered as you exit?
  • Options
    SnowWolf58 wrote: »
    Okay... this is very helpful and so good to know. I've been so frustrated and not known what to do about this issue. I love making really cool places for my sims to go and then it's a huge bummer when they aren't able to travel w/in their hood anymore. Have you heard of the TS4 Package Conflict Detector? I'm not sure how accurate it really is and if it's 100% reliable.

Also, how large of a save game file is too large (bloated)? I do try to keep all of my sims' inventories pretty empty since I've read that this can cause problems w/in the game too. I like playing with a lot of families... so that may be causing bloat as well. Thank you so much for your advice -- I lurk a lot here on the forums and read your advice often for different issues in my game. Your expertise makes it possible for many simmers to continue "trying to have a good time" with Sims 4. :)

Hello.
    It is best just to check when you are having issues to see how big the save file is, and if it may be bloated. It is hard to say how big a save file is to be considered bloated. Some computers handle save game file sizes better than others. Playing with a lot of families can increase file sizes.
    There are some simmers that find Sims 4 package conflict detector to be helpful.
  • Options
    M'kay... So my current save game file is 9,560 KB and I use "Save As" when I exit my game. I also use "Save" when I'm in my game to save gameplay in case of game crashes.

Should I just use "Save" to exit the game?

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    Hello.
    Using either "save" or " save as" are good ways to save the game when exiting . Using " save and exit" can cause issues.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I finally found the problem... It was a "No Venue Requirements" by plasticbox that became invalid w/the latest patch. I love this mod and hope it will be updated on MTS soon. Also am saving a lot in game and then exiting the game w/out choosing "Save & Exit" to prevent future glitches for my traveling sims. :D

INFJ -A/-T