Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sidd Meir's Civilization V Discussion Thread

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
As the title says...

Questions:
1. Who is your favorite character?
2. Who is your least favorite character?
http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilizations_(Civ5)
3. Where do you like to settle your settlements?

My Answers:
1. Wu Zetian (China), George Washington (United States), and Russia (Catherine II).
2. Genghis Khan (Mongolia).
3. Near the coast.
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Comments

• JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    1. I like to play everyone equally
    2. Erm... Somewhat already answered
    3. Starting ones on shores like you, but later due to airplanes doesn't matter where
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2016
    I Love this game. Over 3,000 hours logged!

My answers

1. Washington (America) is my default go to but I also do like to play as Bismark (Germany) and Catherine (Russia) as the unique ability of those are awesome, even if Catherine can be a huge drama queen at times. Ramsesses (Egypt) would probably be fourth. I also enjoy playing the Polish empire but really that's not due to the UA or anything, I just simply think the peace music is the best music piece in the series. Forgot to add I love playing as Pocatello (Shoshone) due to land grabbing OCD. :D

2. Conversely, Bismark is one of my least favorite opponents due to that unique ability. I also hate Pachacuti (Inca) so obnoxious and OP, Montezuma (Aztec) due to his anger issues and general untrustworthiness, and Ramkhamhaeng (Siam) but mainly because he's very weak IMO and I know I can take him out easy, so by default, I would never play him. I don't dislike as an opponent Polynesia but I never play as my civ -- too limited in use. Final one I don't like is Dandolo of Vince (don't ever trust him!!!!) but for a challenge I don't mind playing him once in a while as the UA is very unique.

In all honestly I have quit games before just because Bismark Pachacuti and Montezuma are all opponents. I would rather deal with 3 Shakas and an Alexander (impossible though that might be) than all three of those combined.

3. I tend to like to settle my cities near deserts or mountains, though of course it depends on what kind of game I'm going for. Mountains are mainly because Manchu Picchu though and deserts because of Petra. I do try to get at least two coastal cities though just for exploration and trade route purposes.

Added story from Civ IV beyond the Sword: invariably the bane of my existence in that game was Isabella (Spain). Every time I played a game with her in it...she was absolutely just the worst. It got to the point where if I ended up meeting her as the first Civ I met I would just quit the game right then and there. She is MUCH nicer in Civ.V.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    My favorites are:
    1. Catherine the Great
    2. Theodora
    3. 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    4. Wu Zetian
    5. Isabella
    6. Elizabeth I
    7. Maria I
    8. Boudica

My least ones are:
    Most of the men rulers.