Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Story Of The Forgotten Kingdom - A Sims 2 Story

KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
edited May 2016 in The Sims 2
Thank you for coming to check out this story. I have worked very hard on it, thought a lot about it and I hope you will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed making it. Feedback is appreciated!

This story is located in a small, forgotten kingdom called Atlasante, (At-las-an-tay) isolated from the rest of the world. In this small kingdom they are currently in the victorian era when it came to clothing, which for the rest of simkind would've began 1837 and ended 1901. However, they still followed most of medieval ways since it was currently only 761 AD, only 285 years after the beginning of the era they lived by.
Follow the story of Queen Rhoswen as she attempts to manage her kingdom while finding out the dark secrets her parents hid from her long ago.

theforgottenkingdom.png

Comments

• KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited May 2016
    Snapshot.bmp
    Sunlight gleamed throughout the painted windows of Princess Rhoswen's room, landing straight on her already open blue eye. She blinked, before sitting up on her bed and letting out an unladylike yawn. Today was the day. It was the 7th sun of the month, which meant she would not longer be a reckless and adorable princess but rather a mature and beautiful queen.
    Snapshot.bmp
    Finally, after a few moments the 19 year old woman stood up from her comfortable bed and walked straight to her dresser, taking out the large, dark blue dress that she had gotten made for her a few suns earlier. It was large, and rather uncomfortable.
    'However,' The saleswoman had told her. 'It will surely impress your new husband, my princess.'
    Snapshot.bmp
    Hiking downstairs in the large, uncomfortable dress Rhoswen took a look around her room. This was the last time she would be in it, and she wanted to make it count.
    She had grown up in this room. When she was a child, she had dressed as a peasant and snuck out with the peasant children and collected pinecones, which she then went home and painted to be a beautiful color.
    Then she turned to the vase, a dowry gift as some may call it, from her betrothed when she was 13 years old -- come to think, that was only 6 years ago. From the letter he had written, he was quite charming and supposedly handsome.
    'But he could've changed,' A small voice came from the soon to be bride's head. She sighed and shook her head, she would not listen to her doubts this time. She was sure that her husband would be a nice, even kind man.
    Snapshot.bmp
    'If only I could marry whomever I wanted,' Princess Rhoswen thought to herself as she washed her face. Drying it with a soft, leather towel, she sighed, with a forlorn look on her face. 'Ah, but it is only but a wish-- I cannot go back in time and change all of our rules.'
    Snapshot.bmp
    Once again, with her hair still messy she hiked down the second set of stairs, leading her to the bottom of her tower. Her old, once beautiful parents were waiting for her, smiles on their faces. Well, smiles on her father's face-- her mother was, of course, dissappointed with Rhoswen.
    Snapshot.bmp
    "My daughter," The King said, holding his only child close to him before kissing her on her forehead. "Today is the day you get married. I'm very proud of you, my dear. I hope you can take care of this kingdom as well as me and your mother have."
    "I'm sure I will, father." Rhoswen said, bowing her head to her father. "I have gotten both of you're person leading skills."
    Snapshot.bmp
    "I feel flattered, darling." Rhoswen's mother, the queen smiled. "But, how many times have I told you to do your hair before you leave the tower? Oh, you will be an embarrassing queen to this whole kingdom one day or another, it is unladylike."
    "My apologies, mother." The princess sighed, looking away from her mother. "I was in a rush."
    "I see," Rhoswen's mother said. "Now, there is something I have to give to you... something
    very important."
    edited May 2016
    Snapshot.bmp
    "You must never take it off, as you see, my daughter," The Queen explained, spreading her hands. "This necklace is very important. If it fell into the wrong hands, watcher knows what would happen."
    Princess Rhoswen eyed her mother suspiciously. They had always looked alike-- their only difference being their nose and hair, but they had always had different ways.
    "What would happen, mother?" She asked. "Is it bad? Will it rein terror on our kingdom?"
    Snapshot.bmp
    "It's worse than that," Esmeralda exlcaimed. "And if you're lucky, my daughter, you shall never have to find out. Now let us go, the village has gathered to see you be wed."
    The Queen stood up in a hurry, and quickly-- but gracefully-- rushed out of the tower, making her way to the church where the ceremony would soon begin. The soon to be bride sighed, her eyes full of worry and mistrust. She rolled the necklace in her hands for a few moments. 'What could mother mean?' She thought. 'If only I knew!' She then stood up and followed her mother, careful not to soil her wedding gown.
    Snapshot.bmp
    Walking down the aisle, Princess Rhoswen felt a sense of pride. But it all vanished once she look up for one second, catching sight of her husband. He was a tall, handsome man, much like how he described himself in a letter many years ago, with a sly fox's grin and his eyes hungrily feasting on her. The young woman trudged down the aisle, all happiness and pride she had previously felt vanishing like a fish caught with bare hands. She felt violated, knowing that the kingdom's eyes were on her. She wanted to just rush out of the church, throw off her veil and rip her dress to shreds. But she knew refusing to marry would bring dishonor to her family... she only wished she was older than 19, and that she could have more freedom in her life. For once she was jealous of the peasants that lived within the kingdom.
    Snapshot.bmp
    The young man, whom she soon found out was Maddox, announced his vows to the bride, with only an evil pride and hunger in his eyes. She guiltily exchanged rings with Maddox.
    Snapshot.bmp
    "You are now announced, husband and wife, King and Queen!" The priest announced. The village cheered at the good news, knowing-- or at least hoping-- their kingdom would prosper with the new king and queen.
    Post edited by KatNip on
    edited May 2016
    Snapshot.bmp
    It had been a few, quiet days since the wedding. The retired king and queen were now settling things, to make life of the new couple better and easier for them to manage the small kingdom.
    Relaxing on the bed, the now Queen Rhoswen was about to fall asleep. Her eyes fluttered open, however, when she heard some rustling on the feather stuffed dbed.
    "Maddox," She simply said, looking at her husband.
    "Good evening, my wife." He said, settling down on the bed and getting comfortable, his gaze meeting hers.
    Snapshot.bmp
    "I believe it is about time we make our wed official." He began, staring at her. "I would like for us to have a child."
    "A... a child?!" Rhoswen gasped, covering her mouth. "I... I cannot, Maddox."
    "Why is that? Have you slept with another?"
    "No! I would never stoop so low to do such a dirty and sinful thing. Only bandits and witches do such activites."
    "Then why? I could bring us a strong and healthy prince, who would cater to the kingdom." Maddox protested, reaching to hold Rhoswen's hand, holding it tightly.
    "No!" Rhoswen cried, pulling her hand away. "We are fine as we are, as of now. We can have a son later, but for now... I refuse. It is nothing against you, it --"
    "Aye! It is against me! I cannot believe it! My own wife does not want to sleep with me. What have I done to deserve such dishonor?!" He snapped to the new Queen. "Nothing, that is what!"
    "I--"
    "I do not wish to talk to you ever." Maddox said grumpily to Rhoswen, turns around and jumping under the covers. Rhoswen stared, before letting out an angry sigh.
    "So it will be," She muttered under her breath, pulling the quilt to her side as the candles blew out.
    Snapshot.bmp
    A maid, unbeknownst to the rest of the castle, was wide awake past her duty to sleep, and was sneaking quietly through the halls of the castle, like a mouse.
    Snapshot.bmp
    She entered the room of the unhappy couple and gazed at them for a few seconds, before a wide grin formed on her face. "It seems like someone has taken off the necklace..."
    Snapshot.bmp
    "All of it's power, free for anyone to take..." The maid whispered, grabbing the necklace carefully. "With nothing to protect it..."
    In the bed, Queen Rhoswen stirred, causing the maid's heart to race as she turned, only to see her still sleeping. The maid let out a sigh of relief.
    "It is mine... all mine..." She grinned joyfully, clutching the amulet before racing out of the room.
    Snapshot.bmp
    In the morning, there was no sun to wake the Queen. She overslept, but finally, she woke up to the sounds of roosters in nearby farming areas, She sat up in her bed, looking aside to see if Maddox was asleep. He seemed to have left long ago.
    She let out a yawn as she placed her silver crown on her head, before going to put her necklace on. Rhoswen let out a small gasp of shock and fear as she realized the necklace was nowhere to be found
    A new chapter will be out next week, I'm working on something very special.
  • Eileen0001Eileen0001 Posts: 67 Member
    Nice! I always love coming across Sims 2 stories. There are so few of then out there
    Check out my stories: Cederville Heights (TS2) and The Delios Legacy (TS4)
    @Eileen0001
    Thank you! I'm trying to get motivated to continue writing, but I've been encountering extreme amounts of game breaking glitches.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi :)

I'm enjoying your Story! :+1:

(Just a side note, there's a setting in Options to make the pictures larger) :)

*What glitches? :(
    @KatNip - I play with a lot of mods, so in a way it helps minimize the glitches that the game tends to develop. I also have to keep track of which mods conflict with each other or else I'd have an even bigger problem of the mods breaking the game. Sims 2 is an old game, so I consider the glitches as part of its quirks!
    @Eileen0001
    I only really use CC and inteenimator, so I'm not sure why it's happening.
    @KatNip - That sucks. I had to stop using Inteenimator a few years back because of its issues. It's also no longer supported or updated, so I gave up as I didn't want it to break my game.

These days, I use Insimenator instead. I also have the Graphics Rule Maker for Sims 2 (and Sims 3?) installed. It helps with a number of compatibility issues. Here's a link for it: www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with
    @Eileen0001
    Thank you! :)