Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help...

KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
I was building a hospital and I must've clicked a key and now I can't place anything correctly, it's so smooth. It's like in TS3 when, in Moveobjects on you press alt... but I can't undo it here and I'm not in moveobjects on. Help? :(

Comments

• Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    If I were you, I would exit the game with or without saving depending on how much I had done so far since the last save.
    Check your keyboard to see if any key is de-pressed and press back into regular position.
    Then go back into your game and hopefully will be resolved.
    Good luck! :)
  • Options
    @LadysimPlayer8
    None are de-pressed, and I've left about 5 times now. Is it a grid or something? (As I far as I remember, there aren't placement grids.)
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @KatNip
    Are you getting any message about intercepting another object?
    Do you definitely have floors throughout the building to place the objects?
    Would the object fit the space? (Apologies for asking but sometimes you never know.)
  • Options
    @LadysimPlayer8
    Yes, the object fits. I do have floors, and I am not getting a message.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I am not sure what you mean by can't place the object correctly. Is it tuning at a strange angle? Does it turn red when you try to put it down?
    There are placement grids in Sims 2 for both build and buy, unless you turn them off.
  • Options
    @JULES1111
    How do I turn the grid back on? Also, for example, go in TS3 if you have it, do MoveObjects on in the cheats and click alt while deciding where to place it.
    After you've done that you'll see what I mean.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Sounds like you turned off snapping objects to grid.

Type in snapobjectstogrid true
  • Options
    @Mstybl95

I tried already, first thing I did.
    Didn't work :disappointed:
    Do I need to reinstall??
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited May 2016
    Do you have a userstartup.cheat file? Did you install any mods that might enable the above cheat all the time?

I think you certainly need to turn off the game. Unless you already did that, I wouldn't jump to uninstalling so quickly.

Have you tried going into a different neighborhood and decorating?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Do you have a userstartup.cheat file? Did you install any mods that might enable the above cheat all the time?

I think you certainly need to turn off the game. Unless you already did that, I wouldn't jump to uninstalling so quickly.

Have you tried going into a different neighborhood and decorating?

@Mstybl95
    Yes, it's only for this Downtown, however. I dont want to delete this as this is for a film I am making. :neutral:
    Post edited by KatNip on
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @KatNip Mstybl95 had the same idea I did about the snap objects cheat being on. If it isn't then it is strange for a grid not to show up. I did jump into Sims 3 so I could see what you meant.

It is only for that one area? Just the downtown? You have tried on other lots and other neighborhoods and it works fine? Did you download any lots to be used in the downtown you are making? Lots can piggy back some bad CC.