Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas on how to improve babies

Comments

• Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited May 2016
    here's an idea: detach them from the crib first before anything else!
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    THE ABILITY TO KNOW IF THEY'RE PLUM HUNGRY OR WHAT THE PLUM THEY WANT ASDFGHJKL (no i am not screaming)
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    After feeding babies, you could burp them or they might get a tummy ache and cry :)
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Improved babies is something I really want to see, which is why I created this thread a couple of months ago and gave all of my ideas there.
    Love these ideas.
    I know they basically outright stated babies aren't getting detached, but that won't stop me from hoping that they change their mind or that babies can a least be anchored to other objects. (reading that Guru post still makes me highly disappointed that it "wasn't worth it")
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Improved babies is something I really want to see, which is why I created this thread a couple of months ago and gave all of my ideas there.
    Wonderful ideas. Sadly this thread is about how we can make gameplay with them glued to the bassinet better. They have already said they won't remove them so since that is the case, I figured we could at least make them more fun since we are stuck with them the way they are.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »
    Wonderful ideas. Sadly this thread is about how we can make gameplay with them glued to the bassinet better. They have already said they won't remove them so since that is the case, I figured we could at least make them more fun since we are stuck with them the way they are.

They didn't confirm they weren't going to free the babies from the bassinet though. They said it was possible, but it wasn't a priority at the time. That was back in 2014, when the game launched, so it can obviously change, specially if enough people ask for it. In my thread I actually gave ideas of objects where we could "transfer" the babies to, if EA doesn't want to detach them from an object (instead of being glued to bassinet, they could be on mats, strollers, swings, etc.). I don't think the babies need to be carriable like TS3 for us to be able to put them on another object, because technically they would still be attached to something. It's not the best solution, of course I would prefer to see them completely freed, but I would take it over them being on the bassinet all the time.
  • Options
    Zafireria wrote: »

They didn't confirm they weren't going to free the babies from the bassinet though. They said it was possible, but it wasn't a priority at the time. That was back in 2014, when the game launched, so it can obviously change, specially if enough people ask for it. In my thread I actually gave ideas of objects where we could "transfer" the babies to, if EA doesn't want to detach them from an object (instead of being glued to bassinet, they could be on mats, strollers, swings, etc.). I don't think the babies need to be carriable like TS3 for us to be able to put them on another object, because technically they would still be attached to something. It's not the best solution, of course I would prefer to see them completely freed, but I would take it over them being on the bassinet all the time.
    Move them to another object sounds like a good compromise.

Tho he didn't say it directly, he pretty much implied that they weren't going to:
    Carryable babies were such a huge headache on TS3 and we had to ask the question "Is it worth it?" I know everyone wants perfect, realistic babies, but the reality of making games is you often have to make choices because you are working with constraints on all sides. Complexity is our enemy when building The Sims, so we look for any opportunity to keep it down. Ultimately, we thought we would rather spend our time making the actual baby interactions fun and interesting and have more time for people like me to spend devoted to our new socialization system and multitasking - it would have occupied my time entirely for many months to build carryable babies. Keep in mind that everything is effectively zero-sum; adding complexity in one place necessitates reducing complexity in another as we don't have infinite resources.
    But I would love to be proven wrong. I want them free too or at least move to other objects :)
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @Zafireria
    I agree it doesn't sound very promising for free babies, that's why suggesting ideas to improve the bassinet is a good idea I think. Freeing the baby is not the only way to improve them ;) And perhaps some of these suggestions will have a yes answer to the "Is it worth it" question.
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »
    @Zafireria
    I agree it doesn't sound very promising for free babies, that's why suggesting ideas to improve the bassinet is a good idea I think. Freeing the baby is not the only way to improve them ;) And perhaps some of these suggestions will have a yes answer to the "Is it worth it" question.
    I wouldn't mind being proven wrong tho ;)
    But until then we might as well try and improve the babies.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    You can't really improve on them unless you detach them, IMO. If we can't detach them, then create a swing instead of a bassinet so we can see the baby more clearly and give them even more detail. However, if they added more baby decor (changing tables, baby food bottles for decoration, stroller decoration) that would at least give more of a baby in the house feel. I really think for me its I want there to look like there is a baby in the house in more ways than just a bassinet. I loved having nurseries in TS2 and TS3.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    making the bassinet separable, and making the baby a real sim not just an object.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    I'd love to see a way to swaddle a baby as an option. A way to edit them in CAS. Make the time they are babies longer and create milestones for them. Like let them learn to crawl, the basset will randomly move, talk and walk right before become an child. If we ever get toddlers the milestones wouldn't be necessary.
  • Options
    MallymaksMallymaks Posts: 133 Member
    Those ideas are awesome! I especially like the idea of being able to sing them a lullaby and read to them as well as having them add the children feature where they can hold them when an adult it there, it would be a really cute animation I think. The babys being detached would be generally a really cool idea!
    I just think that since we don't have toddlers they really should add more options for babies, but who knows what will be added in the new stuff pack they gave a sneak preview regarding kids and such!
  • Options
    Emerald_SimmerEmerald_Simmer Posts: 37 Member
    These are really great ideas! I don't mind so much that the baby is attached to the bassinet (I didn't like having to take the baby to the fridge to get a bottle) but the stroller idea is cool. I would love to know when they are hungry or what their needs are. They don't always cry when they are hungry so I'll get a message saying that they are starving and will be taken away soon if I don't do something.
  • Options
    ForumBotForumBot Posts: 10 New Member
    Thanks for your suggestions!
  • Options
    CookiioCookiio Posts: 31 Member
    > @Briana2425 said:
    > I want to feed them like in a rocking chair with either a bottle from the fridge or breast feed them and instead of a blur while feeding have a blanket.

Agreed, I think this would make the babies less of an awkward situation and more of an enjoyable experience. It still cant compare to toddlers but making the babies more interactive would be way more enjoyable. like being able to carry them around or take them outside (pushing them in a stroller so the bassinet issue isn't really an issue.) or even being able just to customize them like I want a baby with a lot of hair and options for clothes. :'(
  • Options
  • Options
    CookiioCookiio Posts: 31 Member
    We need these changes so bad it hurts. I`m tired of my sims picking up this screaming blob only to return it back to its basket and go about its day not really interacting with them. give us a stroller when a sim goes out. Give us a blanket so younger sims can play with their siblings. posts like this make me want to say the T word so bad ....
  • Options
    RamblingNymphRamblingNymph Posts: 13 New Member
    Really, for me at least, I never liked the baby stage. I prefer when the grow up a bit and you can actually 'use' them.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I'd be fine if we could just put them in a stroller to take with us.
  • Options
    WoodGWoodG Posts: 124 Member
    Baby Ideas
    - Lullaby - Have the sims sing for their baby.
    - New bassinet design - Not recolours but a whole new look to them.
    - Pacifier/dummy.
    - New clothings. With the ability to change their clothing at all times.
    - Ability to give them a teddy bear that will show up beside them.
    - Ability for some of them to show a tiny bit of hair on their heads.
    - Ability for kids/teen/ya/a to stand beside the bassinet and read them a story.
    - Ability for a sim to hold a puppet and play with them.
    - District features, such as more skin tones as well as unique eye colors.
    - More toys/plushes.
    - Bassinet changing appearance when moved outside. Example a baby carriage.
    - The ability to check/see if they are hungry, low on social, etc.
    - After feeding babies, you could burp them or they might get a tummy ache and cry.
    - Create a swing instead of a bassinet so we can see the baby more clearly and give them even more detail.
    - Have a blanket on the floor as another *glued* option, that we can switch between.

I would love to hear a sim sing to the baby not just lullaby's I mean more upbeat
  • Options
    Eddie SimsEddie Sims Posts: 121 Member
    Does anyone else notice that you can't recolour the bassinets in build mode anymore once there is a baby in it? Before, if I bought a bassinet in a neutral colour (green or yellow) after the baby was born if I wanted to I could change the colour to suit the gender (pink for girl, blue for boy). Now it seems like it's not an option anymore. This probably happened during the last game update but I don't like this at all. It's bad enough that the babies are attached to these things but now I can no longer change the colour to suit the child/colour scheme of the room because I'm stuck with whatever bassinet colour social services decides to give me or whatever bassinet I bought before the birth. Sigh.

Since this is the case then that means if we do get more bassinet options, does that mean we can't change the design of the bassinet once a child is in it? So we'll be stuck with whatever bassinet type is randomly assigned to the child. This makes no sense.
    The Sloane Legacy |Eddie's Sims World | Origin ID: EddieSims4 | Twitter: _EddieSims | Follow me on YouTube

gen1-7-resized-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Giving this a little bump. We now have the ability to re-color the bassinet after the baby uses it. Not a biggest change but its a start :wink:
  • Options
    griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    More bassinet choices, some clothing choices, and cuter babies would make me happy even if they were still confined to the cribs.