Since the babies in the game are glued to the bassinet and Maxis has stated the reason why they had them glued to the bassinet, was due to complexity and are not going to lift the restriction (source here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12642962#Comment_12642962
) So I thought to make a post about how we can improve on the babies to make them more fun and better in terms of gameplay even tho they are glued to the bassinet.
I have come up with some suggestions and I will be adding everyone else suggestions as well. So lets us hear your suggestions
- Lullaby - Have the sims sing for their baby as well as just being able to sing to them.
- Allow children to hold them provided the parents are watching over them.
- Have children do hide and seek with them.
- Tantrums - The baby might suddenly start to cry for no reason.
- New bassinet design - Not recolours but a whole new look to them.
- More re-colours.
- New clothings. With the ability to change their clothing at all times.
- Make it so modders can create stuff for them easier.
- Ability to give them a teddy bear that will show up beside them.
- Ability for some of them to show a tiny bit of hair on their heads.
- Ability for kids/teen/ya/a to stand beside the bassinet and read them a story.
- Ability for a sim to hold a puppet and play with them.
- Be able to rename babies without having to age them to a child first
- District features, such as more skin tones as well as unique eye colors.
- More toys/plushes.
- Bassinet changing appearance when moved outside. Example a baby carriage.
- Ability to read them a story.
- Ability to play an instrument for them.
- Also a baby mobile that babies can interact with. or on page 2.
- The ability to check/see if they are hungry, low on social, etc.
- After feeding babies, you could burp them or they might get a tummy ache and cry.
- Create a swing instead of a bassinet so we can see the baby more clearly and give them even more detail.
- Have a blanket on the floor as another *glued* option, that we can switch between.
Just remember this is a thread about how we can improve them as they are, so please only suggestions that doesn't involve in removing them from the bassinet etc, and keep it polite ^^EDIT:
Fixed the Source.