Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What I've been up too...how about you?

Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
edited May 2016 in The Sims 2
So sometimes I get the urge to play Sims 2 however after loading up the game and messing around I loose my motivation to play. Not because I feel the game is boring or lacking but because I've been playing for 10+ years now and I sometimes get burnt out. Recently I decided to go threw some old lots I've built but never had the opportunity to share and I've been sharing them in the creative corner of this forums. This has made me feel more motivated to play.
What do you do when you loose your motivation? How do you get it back or do you just take a break from the game completely?
I also love reading stories that Simmers create with their Sims it also give me motivation. I would love to make stories myself however I'm not a very talented writer IMO! lol
So now I ask what have you been up too?

Also for those curious links to my custom lots:
Stone Creek Estates
Sim Forest National Park
Logan Apartments
May Wood House
angrycat.gif
Post edited by Summerbear5 on

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Awesome! I'll go check out your lots. :D

I find I love starting Challenges but once it gets going good, I loose interest. :lol:

I've started the Build a City Challenge in Pleasantview. It's a long play challenge but it's interesting because I've kept the main families, added some more, and gave most of them a challenge to accomplish.
    I have Don Lothario as my Uglacy Founder. He also has a child with Cassandra who is in the Trailer Park Challenge. She's changed since he left her at the alter.
    Poor Brandi Broke hasn't been seen since she found a treasure chest of 5k... some think her son killed her. O.o

It's been fun but I still need breaks so I play something else. :)
  • Options
    I am the same way! I love doing a standard legacy when they are just starting out...poor and lonely but then after awhile 2-3 generations I feel like it's already been completed because they are rich with a thriving family.

Your challenges sound interesting. Especially the trailer park challenge. Do you have official rules on that one, or is that something you came up with?
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    lexylongcatlexylongcat Posts: 72 Member
    Sometimes taking a break is the best thing to do instead of trying so hard to get all enthused about something you're really burnt out about.

But I'm working on many stories right now and sometimes I just get my sims into trouble and make them do things they wouldn't do to see the results. IDK, I just think that the interactions are a lot more solid in The Sims 2.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Sure!

The Trailer Park Challenge- http://fuzzy-spork.livejournal.com/54535.html

BaCC - http://boolprop.net/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=45

I've got a Wantacy; a Random Legacy; an NPC Legacy; a Townie Legacy; finished an Asylum; will do a Bachelors challenge; and some simple families- the Burbs; and an ISBI with Simselves from Boolprop; and will start an Apocalypse; plus Dina Caliente is doing a WYDC. :mrgreen:

Who's Your Daddy Challenge- http://boolprop.net/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=355
    (So far her three kids are from a Social Bunny, Father Time, and a Servo) :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Denimg8Denimg8 Posts: 86 Member
    My motivation comes from watching youtube "lets play" videos. Plus I haven't really explored all of the EPs yet either.

I just created a dormitory and made a household which has a naughty sim who is most likely to annoy and distract every one at the dorm ... Lol so evil (ikr) :p
  • Options
    thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    I actually bookmarked your logan apartments a while ago, wow i can't believe it's you :smile: Awesome creations !
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

• Options
    IzanaminokamiIzanaminokami Posts: 14 New Member
    I miss playing this game,I haven't been to play in 6+years now :/
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    I play The Sims, Sims 2 and Sims 3 but I don't have a set time for how long I will play each before moving on to another of the Sims game.
    I am currently enjoying a Sims2 Legacy but have woke up this morning wanting to build a world in Sims3 however, it won't be happening until I reach a good restart point in my Sims2 legacy which will probably be in a few days after my legacy founder's fiancé graduates from college.This gives me an inkling to return to Sims2 and play the legacy adult family life. :)
    I find when I play Sims3, I end up longing to play The Sims or Sims2 again for all the actions and more of a challenge to play. :)
  • Options
    I actually bookmarked your logan apartments a while ago, wow i can't believe it's you :smile: Awesome creations !

Thank you so much!
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    I play The Sims, Sims 2 and Sims 3 but I don't have a set time for how long I will play each before moving on to another of the Sims game.
    I am currently enjoying a Sims2 Legacy but have woke up this morning wanting to build a world in Sims3 however, it won't be happening until I reach a good restart point in my Sims2 legacy which will probably be in a few days after my legacy founder's fiancé graduates from college.This gives me an inkling to return to Sims2 and play the legacy adult family life. :)
    I find when I play Sims3, I end up longing to play The Sims or Sims2 again for all the actions and more of a challenge to play. :)

Sounds like a good plan. I haven't played Sims 1 in forever!!!
    angrycat.gif
  • Options

Thank you so much!

You're very welcome :)

• Options
    @thegummybear13
    I like your signature - was it just added recently?
    The swing park reminds me of Old Grove Park in the Sims Life Stories due to the placement of the toilets and the playground.
    I appreciate the swings are not in the same location and I don't think the other playground objects are in Old Grove Park - nice pic! :)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I could play a 100 baby challenge in Sims 2 and there's the ability to add new neighborhoods to your towns if the town is getting too full.I use a UI Mod to fix that subhood starting screen up so I don't have to use the default shopping or downtown distrcts right away unless I want to use them.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I could play a 100 baby challenge in Sims 2 and there's the ability to add new neighborhoods to your towns if the town is getting too full.I use a UI Mod to fix that subhood starting screen up so I don't have to use the default shopping or downtown distrcts right away unless I want to use them.

I can bypass them without mods.. it has a create custom district button

• Options
    @thegummybear13
    I like your signature - was it just added recently?
    The swing park reminds me of Old Grove Park in the Sims Life Stories due to the placement of the toilets and the playground.
    I appreciate the swings are not in the same location and I don't think the other playground objects are in Old Grove Park - nice pic! :)

yes lol i found it on the sims 2 wikia for apartment life :/ im trying to figure out the reputation meter lol

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I used to not be able to do that and it was annoying when I had to start the default shopping district to add any others to the town.I tried that once and got a message that I needed to use the default one first which is full of sims and laready built up.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I used to not be able to do that and it was annoying when I had to start the default shopping district to add any others to the town.I tried that once and got a message that I needed to use the default one first which is full of sims and laready built up.

is your game bugged ? i had 3 different base game copies through out the years and none had that problem when i added night life or open for business

• Options
    @thegummybear13
    For Sims to build up a good reputation - Social Celebrity - is meeting townies and telling jokes - the more jokes told, the more the meter moves on! :)
    At first I thought it might be befriending the Apartment Life townies; but young adult Sims at college meeting anyone on campus is affected too.
  • Options
    SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    If sims get a bad reputation, other sims treat them differently and they can have trouble making friends.
  • Options
    @SleepycatDSL
    How does a Sim earn a bad reputation in Sims2?
    (I think I know how Sims get a bad reputation in Sims3 or inadvertently found out when my Sim had two loves!)
    Everyone starts of as an 'average cabbage' but now I am thinking about it, it is definitely easier to make friends when a Sim's reputation is Social Celebrity.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @LadysimPlayer8 I'm not exactly sure. Be mean I guess? (turn down socials maybe) I occasionally get a message that a sim of mine is getting a bad rep, but didn't see what they had done.

I know it can affect them badly because I edited the rep of two of my sims (twins that are from a bad family) in simpe, to drop their already bad rep, to the worst it could be. I was surprised to learn that such a bad rep really did matter.

I thought it would be a good idea to do (drop rep in simpe) to sims that were meant to be disliked by everyone but I haven't been invested in a hood for years (too busy making new hoods and playing other games) so I never got around to it. Now that I'm getting 3 of my hoods set up to play, I may see who fits that position best. *laughs* I will be moving that 'bad' family into one of my hoods so for that hood, I know those two boys fit. I just can't move them in yet (so can't report on what happens with them). I realized something was missing in that hood and figured out what, so I have some more to do to get it ready for play.
  • Options
    Jinx23Jinx23 Posts: 436 Member
    I've been trying to develop my neighborhood Lakeside, building more buildings creating more sims.

As you can see I still have a lot of building/decorating to do but its coming along!
    snapshot_00000007_643b33ef.jpg

Here are just a couple snapshots of whats been going on in my different households lately.

snapshot_22d2ade2_a2fb988d.jpg

snapshot_02d2561c_443a5973.jpg

snapshot_42de754b_e2eb8f47.jpg

snapshot_22d2ade2_64312a01.jpg

snapshot_82d39c33_c2de717d.jpg

snapshot_02d38fd5_62dbcd5d.jpg

Sadly I had a death of one of my sims last rotation

snapshot_02d2561c_243a2fd7.jpg
  • Options
    Nice neighborhood & sims. :smile:
  • Options
    Jinx23 wrote: »
    I've been trying to develop my neighborhood Lakeside, building more buildings creating more sims.

As you can see I still have a lot of building/decorating to do but its coming along!

Your town looks really awesome I've thought of doing the same thing. =)
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    Jinx23Jinx23 Posts: 436 Member
    @Summerbear5 Thanks! You should give it a try. It's really rewarding once everything comes together