Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please, for the love of Pete

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited May 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
These are issues that are driving me insane crazy with TS4. It's evident by how often I am here.

I went ahead and bought OR on sale yesterday. See, I don't 'hate' TS4, it's an o.k. game but it sure could use some brilliant programing to fix or change things for the better.

1. There is already a thread today about please stop making them sit for every conversation. I can only beg you to please stop it. But I want to show you why this is so freaking annoying because this feature spills over into everything else. But this is not about that but other matters that don't belong in that thread.

2. Why, oh, why do Sims not go to the object I click but go a mile away to use the type of object but somewhere else. Please, stop making me crazy.
It's long established in The Sims if I click a bookcase the Sim is going to use that book case. If I click a grill the Sim (for fifteen years) used that grill.

Not anymore. Why, oh, why is this different in this game? I clicked a grill right by his campsite yesterday and he decided to go use one way on the other side of the world. No, Just NO. This is not 'smarter' this is ignorant. In Any Game if you click an object that character uses 'that' object not one five miles away. This doesn't just happen in OR but in the home world for the past year and a half. It's happened with any object in my game no matter what it was. I don't mean to belittle you guys but if this is on purpose it's Not Fun! And if it's not then it's like first year programming by interns.

Tell a Sim to use a bookcase and they go to another in a different room or three stories higher or lower. Please, think what you are doing to long time players who understood how to click and point. Tell them to use a pc and they may not use the one you just clicked. Please, just stop it.

3. The new Sit Down feature you have added?....Must sit before putting anything in inventory. Thanks....now I can depend they will need a seat no matter what it is so they can sit before they speak, before they put away food or books, or put things in their inventory. Is this on purpose to drive me over the edge?

4. Photos, Paintings getting stuck in inventory and can't be sold, or removed to be put on the wall and then they start multiplying. This has been going on in my game for a few months now. (But my Own Sim's paintings and photos were not part of that problem a few months ago).

Thanks, just what I wanted, not only crafted items with a weird icon for the object stuck or repair parts stuck but now let's just spill this over to paintings, photographs and glitch out the Sim and let those things remain there forever....and ever.

5. Invite a Sim to visit the other neighbors...the one invited leaves shortly....why is there no notice he/she left so I won't go all over the house, a basement, the grounds looking for the one I invited to go along to meet the neighbors. Where is the telemetry like I better go...so my Sim who did the inviting will know what happened?

6. Same thing in OR actually, invite a Sim to travel to vacation for a few days. They eventually leave (they don't even hang with our Sims like they did in TS2) but more importantly No notice they went home. So, I won't spend two vacation days looking all over for them.

7. Why can't this game keep up with the telemetry of what is happening? Too complex?
Good example I couldn't remember if Joe and Carolyn were friends because I had two saves going on. So, I had Maggie take Joe to see Carolyn and guess what..there is no introduction option. Yeah, I knew that but maybe those two uncontrolled Sims would start talking. Right away Carolyn said she didn't know Joe when I tried to use the hook up interaction to get them together via Maggie. So, after Joe left without notice, I switched households.

I went to play Carolyn who did know Joe, they were good friends (told you I had two saves going on) and I now remember yes, this save they are friends..but the game didn't know it. She said she didn't know him. How could she not know him when he is her friend and it was my doing? Sigh.
Not the relationship was culled but she lied man, these details matter in a game like The Sims. You added the option to hook up two other Sims..but how is that going to work if the game's telemetry can't remember if they even met yet?

8. Nothing in the queue but the Sims keep on walking....and walking to go wave at someone...please I don't want to turn off freewill, but if I send my Sim to eat somewhere, don't make them just get up for no reason...(Nothing In Queue That I Can Cancel) and go ten miles out of the way to wave at someone. Please, I cant take it anymore.

9. Silly game can't remember a Sim is going home. I made Carolyn invite Barnabas to hang out at Collinwood. David was there and they said a few words. Finally when Barnabas announced (like he should) he was going home, David jumped up with his food bowl and ran after him...above the queue the 'Chat with Barnabas' icon was just hanging there. It never did drop because Barnabas is on his way home across the island which you know is a very long walk. But my controlled Sim David is running after him, though he said he is going home. And running then finally bypasses him to turn and face him and then Barnabas doesn't stop to talk but disappears into his portal like it should. But David wasted all that time chasing him, because though the game gave notice Barnabas was leaving, David didn't get the memo. Wasn't up for Shane, Come Back Shane, episode right then since I was so tense with everything else that goes wrong every time I play, or start a new game, or repair the game.

It's waxing old. Then add the bugs you do know about or others report.

ETA: I'm back. I loaded up my DS save to add Jason McGuire to the mix. He is one of the players in that old soap and important to my game. Fine, I'm dealing with all this stuff...when Mrs. Johnson who I had commanded to call the repair man on one of the showers that had broken, put away some food on the counter, and go to bed. You would think she could handle those three commands. This is one of those WTH moments. She went to that bathroom, called the repairman, check, she went to get the food on counter..but instead of turning to put it in the fridge Maxis she started walking down the hall to another bathroom with a tub, jumped in as if she was going to take a bath, then jumped out and then proceeded to go put the plate in her hand to the fridge. :s

Look, I don't have any mods, or any CC. I just build and play. This stuff isn't my fault, it's yours. Could you possibly drive me anymore crazy with all these bugs, glitches, crazy programming. Sure you could. I told Roger to practice charisma in front of the floor mirror that came in GT (pretty) that thing doesn't work.

The Sim starts to practice says a few words then just stops...with the command still in his queue but nothing happening. Only selling that mirror and getting one from the base game ( floor model) was he able to continue. I tested that one two times,..and he would just stop.

I like TS4, and I want to buy more for it, if I don't have to deal with this ignorant Sims.

Oh, wait. These Sims live on the biggest lot of the island in WB. So, I sent Victoria to go jogging since she isn't looking like the Sim I built but gaining too much weight. She goes all the way down to the beach a very long distance, great! I figure she will turn around and come back home right? Wrong I go looking for why she hasn't returned she is down there somewhere at the beach miles from her house playing on the phone. No 'go home' option in the UI or on her... can you feel the tension building in my head just like a Sim who is ready to explode? Just think about it, this Sim is tensing out (me) and ready to fall over and keel over any minute every time I load my game. I can bet you I have started over fifteen times in the last few months. Fresh saves, new games, reset games, repaired games. If you wonder why people are here fussing so much, this game is O.K> but the bugs and bad programming make it ten times worse.

ETA: Sam Evans is a painter and desires to admire art. Admiring his own art doesn't fill his whim. What? it's not good enough? Mrs. Johnson is a curator, finding some things never fills her whims. But they sure like to do things that may cause them to get killed by me eventually. Delayed reactions to a fire, every time they entered the kitchen at the big house, they got tense all over again. Fire was over hours ago and cleaned up and replaced. These delays are not fun, what they do is say this game doesn't make sense. They were happy then go back in the kitchen and get tense all over again eight hours later? Bugs.

May 10th, 2016. Update: So, I tried to continue my hood about Collinsport. Remember how you could take a Sim to a community lot leave them and switch back to the house to play the other Sims while the one was still out at a community lot? I really enjoyed this feature in TS4. Or you could take two Sims to a community lot and leave one at the pool and take the other somewhere else. All good right? Well, not anymore.

I have eight Sims in one house. The Stoddard-Collins family. I decided on a Sunday they should all get out of the house and do their own things because I needed to work with Roger and Jason McGuire (enemies in the soap) for a few hours. So, I took each family member somewhere else and left them. Carolyn, David and Victoria went to a park. Mrs. Johnson went grocery shopping and then to a movie. I left them there to return home to Roger, Elizabeth, and Jason. Well, well my idea of how to get some peace for a little while didn't work. The game automatically sent them all back home. WTH.

I left them there on purpose like we did in the beginning of this game's release. I waw sick of the going upstairs to wave at someone though that someone had already went downstairs..but the Sim just keeps walking anyway to the place place the other Sim had been. Ridiculous. But this game decides oh, no...you can't switch from one Sim to another, I will just send them all back to you!

I think that might have been the final straw. Now, forget 'you rule' no you don't the game decided they all needed to come back home and switching to play one Sim on a different lot no longer works. The game will send them all back to your house. Can I get an Angry Bird emocion? Wasn't it supposed to be up to me when I would switch from one to the other, and not the game to decide they all needed to come back home?

Oh, and now the stuck inventory items, let's just grow that to spill over to collectible chests found..make sure those get stuck, too. Thanks, Maxis just what I want stuck chests on my cursor when pausing the game, clicking another object or whatever. Yeepee! Ain't we got fun.

And no I was not using cheats. I am sick and tired of repairing my game, hearing there is a mod for that, and reseting my game. Get it together. Please.

ETA: Remember Maggie? The girl who traveled with Joe to introduce Carolyn to him? But Carolyn already knew him (friends) but when tried to hook those two up, she told Maggie she didn't know him? Well, guess what...Maggie no longer knows My Sim Joe Anymore. Nor does her or her dad know Professor Stokes their neighbor (my Sims). Keep your relationship culling off my Sims. Why would you do this? These are my Sims. I went to a lot of trouble to make Sims meet at particular places, run them down, greet them, or take them over to their house to meet and build relationships. Then you go and wipe it out. :s

ETA: Potions disappeared. I went to a lot of trouble for Professor Stokes to go on vacation, gather herbs, read books and build his herbal skill. So, I could at least pretend he knows something about curses (in DS) amulets, and potions. Right? Yeah, he does in Dark Shadows. O.K. I sent Mrs. Johnson to visit his cabin. All his potions were missing off the shelves. If I'm not supposed to put them on shelves then why did you allow me to drag them from inventory and put them on shelves to start with? See, people have wild imaginations. Maybe Mrs. Johnson was on assignment from Elizabeth Stoddard to get a potion.....stop breaking my imagination.

Victoria Winters can't continue her books (memoirs) because every time the wheel starts back at the beginning. Did I mention I have always been all patched up every time you release a patch? Well, I do patch every time. So, why is she having to start over every time she resumes her writing? Can it get any worse. I haven't told you how they now go back to standing in front of the fridge to eat. They didn't do that but now they do. They won't move.

This also should include since your last patch, when I sent a new Sim to the hospital the game was making the patients get out of bed and go to my Sim to get their cure...that finally worked itself out...thank goodness. But was it worth it for everything else my game is suffering. Going to wave at a Sim who has already went somewhere else and no longer in that spot is the worst programming ever. It can't get anymore annoying than that with eight Sims in a household. But I will knock on wood since I see it can expand itself to every thing else.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
Post edited by Cinebar on

Comments

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Just reading this made me frustrated because I know all of it far too well :lol:

I know no game is perfect and many have bugs that simply go unfixed for the rest of time, but so many of these have been there since release or near release that it's mind numbing. People are told to make a post on the Sims 4 AHQ, but it seems they aren't making their way to the bug fixing team or that it can't be fixed. Sims games for me are relaxing time wasters, but this game starts annoying me when sims walk all the way around the house to talk, hug each other every 5 minutes, decide to randomly drop things out of their queue, have to always be in group conversations, will stop talking to other sims for phone games/sit-ups, etc. I mean it isn't my favorite Sim game, but it would at least be a bit more enjoyable for me if I didn't have to find mods to fix every bug I get
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    It's funny that you mention free will. For the very first time since I have played any Sims game I've been debating turning off free will. That makes me sad because I've always wanted my Sims to run amok and do what they will. I'm just tired of doing things like telling them to feed the baby and they walk off to talk to a plant.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @Cinebar great post... all these bugs are slowly but surely creeping into my game and I do fairly frequent reinstalls just to keep it all bug free. To me it seems like going 64bit brought all these 'old' bugs back and more. I have read about the sims walking all over the place to do stuff with nothing in the queue bar that the player can cancel but have only started to experience this recently.

I so agree with the annoyance over items, if as a player I click on the downstairs PC... that's where I want my sim to go, the upstairs one is in the 'focused' room and is no good for my writer... I want him downstairs amongst the inspiring aura items. To do that I have to click 'sit here' on the pc chair and then click for him to write, even then he may still decide to walk upstairs again. And I can't stop him until he has sat down and started writing. There's nothing to click on in the action queue... it is so annoying. If I could cancel his 'decisions' it would be better. I feel like at times, I am constantly fighting my sims to get them to do what I want. It's not fun having to fight this hard with pixels, it's really not.

Sometimes house design can combat all this but many times not. I mean, how do you stop your sim standing still for ages in the park while some random townie (who your sim has never met) walks slowly from the most distant point, to say hi and wave? There is nothing to cancel and directing my sim to do something else doesn't work... it just queue's up and hangs there. I timed it once and it took 45 sim mins... that is totally unacceptable... nothing to cancel, nothing to do apart form hit speed x3 and watch the screen until it's over. Great, well, that was fun. Not.

Have you tried going back to playing 32 bit? I haven't permanently because I'm stubborn and want EA to provide me with an excellent, well running, glitch fre game... but when I occasionally give in and go back to 32 bit.... everything seems to run better. So darn annoying.

Repairing your game and deleting the cache files does temporarily help but the bugs and glitches creep back in with game time.

I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @Cinebar "Awesome" doesn't BEGIN to describe how I feel about your initial post. Wild Cheers! is somewhat closer. I DO mod, and I STILL see a lot of the same issues mentioned by you and others in this thread.

I think this game really needs a new slogan. You Rule just doesn't seem to apply. Any replacement suggestions?

Tons more I could say, and might, but probably not before my week off starts Monday.

Too many irons in the fire right now, but there's a post for this thread already trying to write itself in my head, and it may make it to the keyboard sooner than Monday, I just don't know yet.

But this morning is about blacklist tutorials and new MC users with questions... priorities.

Killer thread! Mainly, in addition to the wild cheers, I'm commenting so I'll get notifications on it. Can't wait to see what others have to add. Lots of "meat" here already.

I just need TIME to get my post together. (Spread pretty thin already right now... is it Monday yet? :p LOL!)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah these issues need to be fixed.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    This is why I ended up turning off free will, I couldn't take it anymore. We do not rule our sims, they rule our last working nerve. I was so tired of my sims ignoring what I told them to do, I actually quit playing the game for some time. When I came back I was quickly reminded of why I stopped playing and said screw it and turned off free will. It's not as fun with free will off either.
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited May 2016
    My teenadult is eating before school and his roommate across the house wants a hug, my teenadult stops eating to go 1/2 way across the house to hug him, now he has to go to school with no food because of a pluming hug.
    I even made them Enemies and still the pluming roommate want's that hug.

He's eating at a park and some random sim who he does'nt know wants to show him a photo, or tell a joke. he gets up from eating to go all the pluming way across the park to do this pluming stuff with some plum off he does'nt know.
    I wanted him to eat, not be BI-POLAR and go do that NOT WELCOME plum.
    Play it your way PLUM PLUM
  • Options
    @Cinebar just a tip about ONE thing in your OP, that finding other sims bit. (Rereading, before work, but I quit mid read to post this.)

I agree they should TELL you when they leave. But since they don't... Enable Auto-Lights. If there's nobody else in your house, it'll all be dark. If there is, you'll see them.
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    uryga wrote: »
    My teenadult is eating before school and his roommate across the house wants a hug, my teenadult stops eating to go 1/2 way across the house to hug him, now he has to go to school with no food because of a pluming hug.

serious.gif

I'm stealing the term, FYI ;)
    I do mod. I absolutely refuse to play this game without MC Command Center installed. I binge-play, too, modded it's pretty fun, overall.

When I try to play vanilla (which isn't OFTEN, these days, but I have recently), I can't handle it. The frustration has me quitting after about 10 minutes. And reloading my mods.

And still... I have seen nearly ALL of the same bugs and issues that Cinebar has. I haven't exactly had stuck paintings and I don't take photos, but I DID have a programming book get stuck in a sim's inventory... not a sim I was playing, it was Dominic Fyres from Windenburg. A core sim. I noticed a copy of it on the ground at a dance party, and later, a copy in the WC garden where Jasmine hung out, and also another copy in the same subhood, but on the other side of the street, on the sidewalk.

There was no way to do anything but Read them. No picking them up, no Build option to be able to add a bookshelf to put it away, no handy sledgehammer to pound the thing off my map screen. Nothing.

I *finally* figured out that if I found the sim holding it, I could at least stop MORE from spawning, so I went through every single mapped household until I found him... on the last map I checked. Sold the book, which solved that problem.

Then, my game had a meltdown (forever-loading-screen... no new mods or anything!), and I had to switch to a previous save. Here, again, MC saved my bacon, I have its AutoSave enabled for every Sim Hour (yeah, I'm OCD about saving), and it had run just before the game save that ended up trashed.

So I didn't lose any game time, but I sure lost a lot of REAL time, between the 4 repairs, mod dances (in/out/in etc), deleting the game's autosave, doing a folder refresh, and FINALLY switching to another file, after NONE of that had worked.

Earlier (another game save, a while back), I had a bowl of Mac & Cheese get stuck (perpendicular) in a child's art table. Up-ended, it was sticking up like half the bowl was under the top of the desk. Very weird. (I sold the desk.)

You Rule leaves a BAD taste in my mouth. Always has, that's the worst slogan they could have EVER picked for this game, because of all the EA-installed ROADBLOCKS.

Even with culling (all forms!) modded out, and with my relationships NOT decaying, and with my lots pausing when they load, and any of a hundred other things MC has done to vastly improve this game... I still get a lot of frustration.

Like the shiny new "phantom" interactions that I WISH you'd remove again, EA!! If my sim is doing something, there needs to be a CANCELLABLE icon in their action bar. If there is not anything in that bar, that sim needs to be STANDING STILL.

Really hard for me to Rule a sim who is busy running as far away from me as they can, to do something trivial at best, and which honestly they probably won't even remember by the time they GET to wherever-it-is they're going.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen that. Walk across the room... um, what was I doing, again?

The top of any hour is especially bad. When things reset (which is what it seems to me like is going on), especially if several local sims are headed to work (so say 10 am, 2 pm, etc)... there is horrific LAG. I pause, and thought bubbles eventually appear across the screen, moods may change, queues get dropped... madness. They're sims. Shouldn't they be able to remember where they're going and what they're doing?

Shouldn't they have the sense to USE the ITEM next to them, instead of a totally different item that's 3 flights of stairs away, or across the map? It's a time-management game, but everything takes so LONG, and now we don't even have ANY say in MORE of what's going on with our own ACTIVE sims. That's ridiculous.

I will back up an hour to stop a sim from wasting 45 minutes doing nothing. I just really don't think I should have to, and I wouldn't do it NEARLY as much, if they had any SENSE! These days, it's worse than it's ever been. They act addled. Why?

Here's a question I REALLY want to know the answer to. WHY when a household is zoned into, are most if not all the family members auto-coded with yellow or red bladder/hunger/energy bars? It isn't time-of-day related. It doesn't make ANY sense, and it isn't ANY fun to see when all I want to do is play, not wonder if Joe or Jane are going to faint from hunger while they're waddle-racing to the same toilet, so they can then proceed to embarrass each other to death.

How is that FUN?????????

All that does is add to their "times uncomfortable" stat. Why is that so important to the game? It also stresses out your players. I'm not the first or only one to bring it up. Why is it that way??

I haven't played in a few days, RL intrusions. So there may be another post from me, once I've had time to refresh my memory on the things I see that bug ME. But this is enough, for now.

• Options
    I do mod. I absolutely refuse to play this game without MC Command Center installed. I binge-play, too, modded it's pretty fun, overall.

When I try to play vanilla (which isn't OFTEN, these days, but I have recently), I can't handle it. The frustration has me quitting after about 10 minutes. And reloading my mods.

And still... I have seen nearly ALL of the same bugs and issues that Cinebar has. I haven't exactly had stuck paintings and I don't take photos, but I DID have a programming book get stuck in a sim's inventory... not a sim I was playing, it was Dominic Fyres from Windenburg. A core sim. I noticed a copy of it on the ground at a dance party, and later, a copy in the WC garden where Jasmine hung out, and also another copy in the same subhood, but on the other side of the street, on the sidewalk.

There was no way to do anything but Read them. No picking them up, no Build option to be able to add a bookshelf to put it away, no handy sledgehammer to pound the thing off my map screen. Nothing.

I *finally* figured out that if I found the sim holding it, I could at least stop MORE from spawning, so I went through every single mapped household until I found him... on the last map I checked. Sold the book, which solved that problem.

Then, my game had a meltdown (forever-loading-screen... no new mods or anything!), and I had to switch to a previous save. Here, again, MC saved my bacon, I have its AutoSave enabled for every Sim Hour (yeah, I'm OCD about saving), and it had run just before the game save that ended up trashed.

So I didn't lose any game time, but I sure lost a lot of REAL time, between the 4 repairs, mod dances (in/out/in etc), deleting the game's autosave, doing a folder refresh, and FINALLY switching to another file, after NONE of that had worked.

Earlier (another game save, a while back), I had a bowl of Mac & Cheese get stuck (perpendicular) in a child's art table. Up-ended, it was sticking up like half the bowl was under the top of the desk. Very weird. (I sold the desk.)

You Rule leaves a BAD taste in my mouth. Always has, that's the worst slogan they could have EVER picked for this game, because of all the EA-installed ROADBLOCKS.

Even with culling (all forms!) modded out, and with my relationships NOT decaying, and with my lots pausing when they load, and any of a hundred other things MC has done to vastly improve this game... I still get a lot of frustration.

Like the shiny new "phantom" interactions that I WISH you'd remove again, EA!! If my sim is doing something, there needs to be a CANCELLABLE icon in their action bar. If there is not anything in that bar, that sim needs to be STANDING STILL.

Really hard for me to Rule a sim who is busy running as far away from me as they can, to do something trivial at best, and which honestly they probably won't even remember by the time they GET to wherever-it-is they're going.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen that. Walk across the room... um, what was I doing, again?

The top of any hour is especially bad. When things reset (which is what it seems to me like is going on), especially if several local sims are headed to work (so say 10 am, 2 pm, etc)... there is horrific LAG. I pause, and thought bubbles eventually appear across the screen, moods may change, queues get dropped... madness. They're sims. Shouldn't they be able to remember where they're going and what they're doing?

Shouldn't they have the sense to USE the ITEM next to them, instead of a totally different item that's 3 flights of stairs away, or across the map? It's a time-management game, but everything takes so LONG, and now we don't even have ANY say in MORE of what's going on with our own ACTIVE sims. That's ridiculous.

I will back up an hour to stop a sim from wasting 45 minutes doing nothing. I just really don't think I should have to, and I wouldn't do it NEARLY as much, if they had any SENSE! These days, it's worse than it's ever been. They act addled. Why?

Here's a question I REALLY want to know the answer to. WHY when a household is zoned into, are most if not all the family members auto-coded with yellow or red bladder/hunger/energy bars? It isn't time-of-day related. It doesn't make ANY sense, and it isn't ANY fun to see when all I want to do is play, not wonder if Joe or Jane are going to faint from hunger while they're waddle-racing to the same toilet, so they can then proceed to embarrass each other to death.

How is that FUN?????????

All that does is add to their "times uncomfortable" stat. Why is that so important to the game? It also stresses out your players. I'm not the first or only one to bring it up. Why is it that way??

I haven't played in a few days, RL intrusions. So there may be another post from me, once I've had time to refresh my memory on the things I see that bug ME. But this is enough, for now.
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one that can't handle playing this game unmodded. I find the slogan as a joke too. Yes "we rule with mods" should be like the new slogan. XD

I'm curious what mods you work on? Do you help mod the MC Command Center? I love finding modders on forums.

I did try the auto-save and didn't like it personally. I kind of wish it had an option to resave over my last save. But nice to works for others.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

How is that FUN?????????

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that can't handle playing this game unmodded. I find the slogan as a joke too. Yes "we rule with mods" should be like the new slogan. XD

I'm curious what mods you work on? Do you help mod the MC Command Center? I love finding modders on forums.

I did try the auto-save and didn't like it personally. I kind of wish it had an option to resave over my last save. But nice to works for others.

Oh I didn't mean I MAKE mods, @Scobre just that I mod my game. Sorry! Even as cool as S4S is, I'm still terrified of digging into a tuning file. And scripting is just NOT going to happen, here. I'll leave that for those who can. And try to interpret programmer-speak into something more suitable for the masses.

I'm clueless about most of the behind the scenes stuff. What I know is pretty MC-centered, and whatever tuning/script/"guts" info I draw from, I've mostly gotten from Deaderpool. I help people install and set up MC, and with troubleshooting. But that's as much of a tech-type as I am, these days.

I was decent with DOS. Windows came along, and blew me out of the water. But it's easy, so, that's cool. LOL!

What I know about cars, I learned from my own vehicle issues. Same kind of thing with MC. I've discovered a talent for bug-finding. New releases find me ferreting them out. And once I've seen an error, especially if it's one DP has explained (to the point that "I get it!"), I then feel comfortable responding to other similar posts I run into.

Check the autosave docs at mc's page. It MAY be able to do that... try setting it for ONE save? I have mine on 10. (No surprise there.) I'm not sure, but it's worth looking at.

@Cinebar sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. BTW, I put a link to it on my wall last night. :) Everybody trying to play this game should read it and comment, if you ask me.
  • Options

Oh I didn't mean I MAKE mods, @Scobre just that I mod my game. Sorry! Even as cool as S4S is, I'm still terrified of digging into a tuning file. And scripting is just NOT going to happen, here. I'll leave that for those who can. And try to interpret programmer-speak into something more suitable for the masses.

I'm clueless about most of the behind the scenes stuff. What I know is pretty MC-centered, and whatever tuning/script/"guts" info I draw from, I've mostly gotten from Deaderpool. I help people install and set up MC, and with troubleshooting. But that's as much of a tech-type as I am, these days.

I was decent with DOS. Windows came along, and blew me out of the water. But it's easy, so, that's cool. LOL!

What I know about cars, I learned from my own vehicle issues. Same kind of thing with MC. I've discovered a talent for bug-finding. New releases find me ferreting them out. And once I've seen an error, especially if it's one DP has explained (to the point that "I get it!"), I then feel comfortable responding to other similar posts I run into.

Check the autosave docs at mc's page. It MAY be able to do that... try setting it for ONE save? I have mine on 10. (No surprise there.) I'm not sure, but it's worth looking at.

@Cinebar sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. BTW, I put a link to it on my wall last night. :) Everybody trying to play this game should read it and comment, if you ask me.
    Oh ok. Still nice of you to do. Yeah bugs like to find me too for some reason. I mean I found the incest one sooner than others discovered it which was weird. Thankfully that has been fixed on the most part.

I will try that, thank you. I'm still trying to figure out all the options that MC Command Center has. It is a wonderful mod and I couldn't enjoy the Sims 4 without it.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    yes, those autonomous actions of a sim i'm supposedly directing not acting along what i tell the sim to do but just carring out the own action without any action icon to cancel is troubling

one trouble more to the many
    one ruling less for the player :confused:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    BTW, I forgot to mention... I play on 32 bit. So I hate to break it to the 64-bit crowd, but, switching back to 32 bit is NOT going to solve all your problems.

It may be doing weird things LESS, but it's still doing them WAY too much. More than it used to, and it's always been pretty bad, honestly. Worse now. I wonder what changed?

• Options
    With all this talk about autonomous actions I have to ask about something one of my Sims did yesterday. She was going to make family size serving of scrambled eggs. She started cooking and then just walked away to go and play with some clay. At first I thought...well I need to get her back here or there will be a problem.....and then the imp who sits on my shoulder whispered....oh let her stay away, there will be a fire and finally some excitement.

So she played with the clay in the next room and I waited....and waited...and waited. The eggs didn't burn and no resulting fire. Finally she came back to the stove, assuming she got bored with the clay, to finish cooking.

Now this is the strange part.....I swear I saw her turn the burner back on! The eggs suddenly had a flame under them again. Have they done something to make the already hard to achieve impossible? Can I not even start a fire in the house any more?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    With all this talk about autonomous actions I have to ask about something one of my Sims did yesterday. She was going to make family size serving of scrambled eggs. She started cooking and then just walked away to go and play with some clay. At first I thought...well I need to get her back here or there will be a problem.....and then the imp who sits on my shoulder whispered....oh let her stay away, there will be a fire and finally some excitement.

So she played with the clay in the next room and I waited....and waited...and waited. The eggs didn't burn and no resulting fire. Finally she came back to the stove, assuming she got bored with the clay, to finish cooking.

Now this is the strange part.....I swear I saw her turn the burner back on! The eggs suddenly had a flame under them again. Have they done something to make the already hard to achieve impossible? Can I not even start a fire in the house any more?
    I've tried this before too...I figured leaving food on the stove or in the oven would guarantee a fire but nope, the oven seems to magically switches itself off if no one is at it. I've never had a fire start that way :/
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Polyrhythm wrote: »

I've tried this before too...I figured leaving food on the stove or in the oven would guarantee a fire but nope, the oven seems to magically switches itself off if no one is at it. I've never had a fire start that way :/

Now that's just wrong. It's bad enough that supernaturals are no longer a tradition but no kitchen fires now? That's just wrong!
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Now that's just wrong. It's bad enough that supernaturals are no longer a tradition but no kitchen fires now? That's just wrong!

Its the pc police. Fire is very traumatizing. The overly sensitive public can not handle it. >:)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    kimjo313 wrote: »

Its the pc police. Fire is very traumatizing. The overly sensitive public can not handle it. >:)

Maybe there are just some people who shouldn't be playing video games.
  • Options
    And yet, 3 of the last things EA has given us have been Jealousy, kleptomaniacs and sadness.

(And we've found out who did NOT appreciate the addition of clowns, too.)

Who asked for any of that?

I certainly didn't. I want supernaturals, especially witches.... we already have costumes for them.

I try to stay out of the toddlers debate, but, it would be cool if they were included.

Work night, bedtime, I've been trying to hold THIS post back, but it wouldn't wait.

The wall of text version will probably land tomorrow.

Last work night, I can't wait to be OFF!
  • Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    I can't agree MORE about how frustrating it is when you set your sim a bunch of tasks and they go off to do something else. I am a very organised player, constantly thinking in advance so I normally have a lot of actions up. It's only been recently I've noticed that my sims are cancelling their actions to go do something else. It seems to have gotten worse. It is so frustrating when you have a time limit in which a sim can do things and they go and do something else! I've resorted to actually shouting at my computer screen.

I am all for my sims having their freewill but they should behave and do as their told. I hope they fix this.

• Options
    And yet, 3 of the last things EA has given us have been Jealousy, kleptomaniacs and sadness.

(And we've found out who did NOT appreciate the addition of clowns, too.)

Who asked for any of that?

I certainly didn't. I want supernaturals, especially witches.... we already have costumes for them.

I try to stay out of the toddlers debate, but, it would be cool if they were included.

Work night, bedtime, I've been trying to hold THIS post back, but it wouldn't wait.

The wall of text version will probably land tomorrow.

Last work night, I can't wait to be OFF!
    I wanted more NPCs including Tragic clown. I liked him in the Sims 1. Then again I liked the guinea pigs that bite too. I heard the Sims 4 version of him isn't as good, but I have yet to check it out myself. Sleep well.

Jealousy trait still feels super weak and with happiness overpowering without the help of Zerbu's mods sadness is rare especially when viewing the times Sims feel a certain emotion during game. The game is catered to happiness rather than a balance of the emotions.
  • Options
    @Scobre I didn't mean that as a slam, I was genuinely curious.

Asking a sim, "who dressed you??" is a slam... :p

Looks wrong, in print. My bad.

I wouldn't mind more NPCs either, but I don't think I would've picked the clown FIRST. JMHO.

I remember the guinea pigs, they were neat. 2 and 3 were both very cool games, in their own ways.

At first I was playing with Jealousy disabled, then turned it on to see what it did. Tense moodlets all around. Woo. It's still on, because it's such a meh thing.

Mean is enabled, too, but I have coolspear1's dollhouse-saving (autonomy) mod installed. And when I don't, I put dollhouses behind a door I can lock.

Same with babies, if they're sleeping, it's behind a locked door. Leave my kid alone, willya?
  • Options
    @Scobre I didn't mean that as a slam, I was genuinely curious.

Asking a sim, "who dressed you??" is a slam... :p

Looks wrong, in print. My bad.

I wouldn't mind more NPCs either, but I don't think I would've picked the clown FIRST. JMHO.

I remember the guinea pigs, they were neat. 2 and 3 were both very cool games, in their own ways.

At first I was playing with Jealousy disabled, then turned it on to see what it did. Tense moodlets all around. Woo. It's still on, because it's such a meh thing.

Mean is enabled, too, but I have coolspear1's dollhouse-saving (autonomy) mod installed. And when I don't, I put dollhouses behind a door I can lock.

Same with babies, if they're sleeping, it's behind a locked door. Leave my kid alone, willya?
    Oh I wasn't offended, no worries. Yeah true. I think it was a parting gift because SimGuruMeatball was leaving and I guess he liked clowns.

That's smart using locked doors for dollhouses and babies. Yeah I guess I'm just disappointed with the reaction in general to jealousy. I mean in the Sims 3 it had a reputation system included to help with jealousy, so if your Sims cheated, the whole neighborhood knew about it. With the Sims 4, so many of the emotions and traits and interactions just feel so short term. There is no lasting effect to anything, so it makes me sad.