Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 @ E3 2003 (Before Server Fire)

meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
Join Margert Ng, a producer of the Sims 2, as she shows gaming press the gameplay features of the Sims 2 (including base game weather).
http://youtu.be/5GJfO1DHT14

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I heard of this, but never saw this video thanks. Sims 2 was awesome as was, can you imagine what it could have been? *sigh* I seriously LMAO when she was struck by lightning. :D
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Interesting. You say that's "base game weather," but I have the base game. There's no weather. I've NEVER seen it rain in The Sims 2.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    There was a server fire during TS2s development that caused them to lose a chunk of their work. I have heard conflicting stories concerning weather. One was it being lost in the fire and the other was they didn't have enough time to figure out how to stop it from raining inside the house

That was an awesome video. It looked like the lightning was a total surprise to her, which made it that much better
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    There was a server fire during TS2s development that caused them to lose a chunk of their work. I have heard conflicting stories concerning weather. One was it being lost in the fire and the other was they didn't have enough time to figure out how to stop it from raining inside the house

That was an awesome video. It looked like the lightning was a total surprise to her, which made it that much better

Oh, I see. OK. What a shame. It would have been nice to have weather added to the game.
  • thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    ahhh i can feel all the love put into that game.warm and fuzzy it is <3
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

• thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    lol my sim gets struck by lightening all the time :/
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif